(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs


Kam, the playgroup my gal attends is not a childcare, only 1 room at the RC centre. All the school bags and water bottles are put outside the classroom in a common rectangular plastic box.

So, quite 'luan'. I always hear the teacher asking "XXX, is this your bag? Is this your water bottle?" Think the teachers are confused especially since they got new students nearly every 2 weeks. :p
 
Kam, I'm born in the year of the rabbit, maybe that helped to control the 'lion' in me. But my hubby is the tiger but he's the one who never roars. He's more like a pussy cat.

If he feels hurt, he'll go sit alone in the balcony or living room in the dark and lick his wounds quietly. One time, suddenly in the middle of the night, go and iron my clothes. Whenever he does that, I'll 心软 and feel guilty liao. ;P
 
pixie,my hubby same as ur hubby, oversensitive, typical cancer.and my character likes urs, get angry easily, wan to do things fas, me sagitarius!
we also dun match

kitsune, tht bag is v sweet! hw much issit?
 
Aqua, it's $43+ after personalisation and by normal postage. I got 10% discount cos I'm their fan at facebook. They got promotion now till 31 Aug if you are interested. BP just closed but think still can accept orders. http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/2633985.html?1248836312
happy.gif
 
knocking off in 45mins time...meeting my gf for facial...plus look see the orchard ion...yay!

im thinking if i every bring my boy to cc or bring back home, then no such perks liao
 
pixie, if yr boy is in cc, u will be rushing to fetch him, just like what I am doing these days...:p no more outing with friends etc unless my parents can help me to fetch my gal from cc.
 
Luca, think the similarity between me and my hubby is that we are both stingy (though I'm still the more extravagant one). I always tease my hubby that the reason why he likes me must be because even on our first date, I help him save $. I brought him to then Sakura at Eastpoint cos I told him that let's just have dessert since both of us are not hungry. Sakura has air con, it's quiet and the price of the dessert is only $2+ - 3+, very worth it.
 
shannonbaby
no way my parents or mil can rush over to pick up
if i ever put my boy in cc, i will need approval from my boss to work flexi - coz my work caters to time difference countries. so work halfway, pick up kid, continue working again leh

wah so many geminis heehee

luca
thats a good topic for a sleepy afternoon
 
Okie, going over to ILs place liao. Hope my gal miss me by now. Tonight, should be going to Tampines Giant to buy things for the maid.
happy.gif
 
Jess, can, I also ordered my personalised tees from there. But buy during BP, got discount and got chance to win photo shoot if order confirmed by 5 Aug 09.
happy.gif
 
kitsune,
Huh, you spend $43 getting a bag for your gal, still consider stingy ah? My hubby will jump till knock the ceiling if I tell him I bought a $43 bag ;-p


Luca,
Me and hubby have no similarity to start with, except that we both grew up in the kampung. But we changed for each other. Now we both enjoy food, movies, holiday, etc.
 
Kam, but the bag is big, waterproof and can last her all the way to kindergarten leh. That's 4.5 years at least so still worth it if you divide out the costs. Haha, anyway, my hubby approve. We both willing to splurge on our gal bah.

He's willing to buy close to $50 clark shoes (price after discount) for her but not willing to buy more than $30 work shoes for himself. ;)
 
pixie
hehe this is wat my fren ask me when im angry with my hb for being insensitive.i feel sometimes he take me for granted too, which really piss me off.
anyway, i didnt have an answer at dat moment, maybe coz im so angry with him until the thought of him makes me sick. hee :p

kitsune,
i think my hb likes me coz im quite thrifty. but actually im thrifty towards buying things for myself, but i dun mind him spending $ on me haha :p

kam,
u n ur hb r like those olden days when couples are matchmake, but in the end they still manage to bai tou dao lao. hehe this is a compliment.
happy.gif
 
luca
thats why when i pissed, i will open up the paper that i've "forced" him to write down during v day - the things he like/love about me.
see the scrap of paper liao i will not be angry with him anymore, although the points he said all very the duh
 
i very the stingy on myself but not on my boy; my hb is very extravagant with his $$

my weekly allowance (all in, but not including mrt fare) is grand total of $50
food, go out, purchases, groceries etc etc
i obsessed with my $$ until i need to see a shrink leh haha
 
pixie, i wish i am like u. I always spend without thinking cos my hb n i are joint account, so i tend to overspend my salary at times without realising..keke.
my hb always say i can't survive on my own salary.
 
pixie,
at least something lar hee
i wonder can my hb write anything if i ask him to do that..
my hb also same as ur hb. He can spend hell lot of $ on toy figurines, really dun understand why he is so obssessed with it. duh!

Kam,
lucky you
happy.gif
 
kam
i seconded luca's sentence

hey luca
i got eye tips for single eyelids of all kind. maybe can scan a copy to you yah?
when i got time!! my NRWZD softcopy oso havent send to you and krystle. i ought to be shot for procrastinating
 
tong2
sorry, all my saving gone to my house reno...after that saved up liao...to deliver my boy...now rebuilding, slowly but surely lar
i oso got bills to pay leh!!!

luca
my hb still buys figurines online now...i dont mind coz i like figurines too. we have a display showcase of our figurines. hey its an investment. sell off got $$ one...figurines's price appreciate...so dont scold your hb...he is investing for the future of the family leh keke
 
pixie,
haha actually i wanted to ask you for it long ago liao, but dun want lar, after all u r doin us a favor, so have to wait patiently lor :p
so pls, do it at ur own convenience

ya good, but the problem is that we got no more space in the toys cabinet to put liao, those new toys that he bought all lying around in bags in the study room, messy lor
 
Got any Pisces mummies? Me is Pisces. Hubby also same and both of us are dragons (same year). But still our personalities are so different. He is more practical than me. Maybe due to his profession, Accountant bah... I am always the dreamer...
 
Pauline: is e Konfidence much cheaper in Aust?

Godsent & Blessedbaby: my hb's dad was quite strict to them wen he was young, different family background... i heard he and his bro kenna caned a few times wen young. Moreover, mine is boy and Ray is quite naughty now.. but for mi, i tink Boy shld b naughty then cute ma.. hehehee!
 
mylvera,
Didn't get the toilet seat at the end cos need to pick up one, very mah fan.

Pixie/shannonbaby,
Me and my hubby spend as necessary. We don't compare price, if need to buy/spend, we just do it. The only thing that save us lots is we don't go for branded stuff, or rather we don't look at the brand at all.
 
mylvera
Yes inclusive. Usually split by colleagues so its cheaper. Means next few days cannot eat exp lunches lah.

Luca
Paiseh i promise i will do it soon.
 
shannonbaby
Joint account dont touch. Set up another account for spending only. Pay day trf $ into the spending account. Better, throw away joint account atm card. I ask my mum to keep my bank book and mus give her valid reasons if i want to retrieve from her. I made her promise me that when i surrender my bank book.
Nowadays my bank book locked up and my lock is spoilt. So good excuse not to touch my savings.
I save up by withdrawing x amt of $ and the rest is untouchable. Unless spend on my boy. Keep pressing atm very ez lost track. If this week i overspent then i need to eat into next week's $. End of the mth no $ liao serves me right. Need to learn a lesson loh
Hmm, am i too harsh on myself?
 
pixie,
thanks.
u saving $ so hard to buy more things for ur boy or wat? maybe a little bit extreme?
eh, thought u suppose to ko liao?
 
luca
I surf on mobile. In train nothing to do wat. Not saving for my boy lah. Who dont want a big bank account?

Kam
I cant change my habits no matter how. Ive learnt to let go a lot liao after toking to my psychologist last time. But my bank account grow very slow coz my bills getting more and more ley. So nope, im not a rich woman ley
 
haha
i also same as pixie lei.. i will transfer spending one to another acct every month.. so just stick to tat amount.

joint acct de i dun hav atm card.. only got bank book...
happy.gif
 
mylvera/krystle/pixie/aqua,

thanks for the well wishes too. =)

Pixie,
how i wish i can resist all temptions on clothes, shoes and bags and save like u.
 
went to taka during lunch time to look at the toy fair. got really good buys if u dont mind those no brand made in china toys..have items as low as $3 for a pooh bear magic drawing board. I go see toy fair and my colleague go see Dior & Chanel bags to check price and models as they going to buy from Milan. I just join in the trip to toy fair.
 
wahhh...talking about star sign ah.

Krystle
Me Me Me! I'm a pisces. But also a tiger. So i think sometimes my star sign and zodiac sign very contradicting. Hehe. I'm a true blue Pisces (sensitive, daydreamer etc) and also a true blue Tigress (fiercely loyal, hot temper etc).


Pixie
U very the good ah. Save so much. Must not let my hubby see how thrifty u are. He will nag me no end cos i shop a lot, i shop when i'm happy, i shop when i'm sad, i shop when i m bored, etc. I think i can identify with Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic. It's not expensive stuffs, but when i go out, it feels like i HAVE to buy something back...even if it's a trip to pharmacy (buy toothpaste) or groceries store. I suddenly will think of smtg to buy. Last time like dat, now got baby girl, even worse...! Haha. During confinement i was still shopping from BP thread and when items arrive, my hubby said i tot for once u wont be shopping liao, but u exceed my imagination!!

Verene
Congrats...! Was just asking u about it the other day hor! Happy for u!

Icy/Mandy
I'm not sure if the Elmo DVDs bilingual is English/Cantonese or English/Mandarin leh. But i'm pretty sure Barney ones got Mandarin. U all confirm want? Let me go check the price and let u know. My fren leaving HK on 5Aug i think (arriving tom) so u will need to let me know before then.
happy.gif
 


Enemum, maybe but this one has her name so I'll bu she de to throw away and will be motivated to use it as long as I can. I find that BPs offer better mileage for my $. I bought lots of things from BPs that are cheaper than retail, eg. ear therometer, carters clothes, desitin cream, first teeth toothpaste, bumper mat, crocs shoes etc. So, I rather spend more time and look out for good buys on BPs than to buy last minute from the shops and pay higher price.
happy.gif


Eg. Just now went to Giant, supposed to buy from the stuff for the maid. End up saw the melamine plates, metal fork, metal spoon all not cheap. Hubby told me this type if you want to buy, must buy from HDB 'groceries' shops, cheaper. Then wanted to buy cheap darlie toothpaste, $5+ for 3 tubes and it's on offer. The maid can use, we also can use. End up, hubby say this type not the cheapest, should buy from ABC bargain store, they have those made in Thailand type, even cheaper, so end up toothpaste also never buy.

But we bought the cutie toilet rolls (3 packs type) cos it's finally on sale. $13.99 for 30 rolls. We tried it before, it's very dense, not the full of air type even though it's cheap.

When I was still working, hubby and I had 2 joint accounts at UOB, one for savings and one for investment, and we have auto giro deductions every month for these 2 accounts. We only spend money from our POSB savings account. Whenever we have surplus $, open FD or put into investment or pay off HDB loan in lump sums. Car loan also pay off in full. Guess we are debt averse bah. :p

But even though hubby is more stingy than me, he's willing to occasionally splurge on me and my gal. And I appreciate that because it takes more effort for a stingy person to spend on others than it is for a spendthrift.
happy.gif


Pixie, I used to control like you too but I always set unrealistic budget. End up it'll backfire cos if my colleagues want to go for a better lunch, or got colleague's BD, wedding, full month that I got to contribue AP or if I buy 1 or 2 magazines, will exceed budget. End up, I hardly meet my target so got demoralised and eventually gave up. :p

Lyn, blessedbaby said it was 30-40% cheaper than Singapore and I think so too. Cos there were a few oversea sprees/BPs on Konfidence swim suits before.
 

Back
Top