(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

blessedbaby, yup I am on for the game, I just dont want drama at wee hours, coz I prefer to sleep and not make everyone in the house panic
happy.gif
.

Kam, serious? 1 month extra? Your mom also quite steady.

Grumpus, agree with what you say lo, sometimes I think got limit to how much we wanna spend in times of time and money on extra stuff. I always get comments from frens to send my girl for more activities, but sometimes is this mother who dread to wake up so early or go out in the afternoon for classes. Informal playgroup with fren's children, I would love to go for more, at least its less structured and fun for baby and mum :p and also at min. cost.

My plan is to just let both my girls interact and play with each other, and maybe we can do activities together, instead of always going for classes? I tried to send gwyneth for some, I realised some she loves and she doesnt and end up, its a waste of time and money, guess she is just not ready or too active to be confine to the chair to listen and learn.

mylvera, of coz need la, you got 3 kids le. Some form of help will be good, CL will have to help since she is being paid? After delivery, got help at least u can relax slightly?
 


Mon2nat,

I paid for the LNT trial lessons too. to try out on the teachers first mah. this time, Javier concentrate better at the activities so decide to sign up after the trials.

Mylvera,
we are all here to support u. take care ya.

Icy,
rest well & take care too.

share a good news with u mummies: I got offered a perm position in my current company..so converted from a contract staff to perm now. My bb planning can slowly start liao...keke. perhaps next yr bah...
 
Mylvera, for me CL is a must. Even a maid can't replace a CL who will cook for me, look after baby and most importantly prepare tonic soups for me, during confinement. :p

Glad you are feeling better, just tahan what you can. Buay tahan liao then show your MIL your true colours lor. :p

Congrats! Verene, good good, happy for you.
happy.gif
 
Verene,
CONGRATES!

angelsky,
That time, can onl listen to whatever doc said mah, my mum just followed lor. Same as my younger sis, also stayed 1 month longer in mum's tummy. When I was born, very fat and hair super long already :)
 
Kam, haha, true, last time cannot induce. The famous Jackie Chan also overdue by 1 month. But I always doubted if it was really true. But with you as a real life examplie, looks like it's really possible. Haha.
happy.gif
 
Lynn,

Ya, She's alone in class cos no choice, there's no other students joining her. So, yes she got full attention and can conc much better.

Mom2Nat,
Basically, Shichida & LNT are pretty much the same cos LNT's boss is Shichida's boss brother and they split their biz. Only diff is that LNT teaches 3languages, Eng, Chi & Jap whereby every lesson they just use 1 lang to teach. For Shichida, they don't. They combine all the languages together within 1 lesson with Eng been the main medium. They show flashcards in other languages like french, german too, which LNT doesn't. Shichida oso give worksheets for ur child to do at home. LNT only ask u to jot down what are the things to practice with your child for the week.

Jess,
LNT is $200 cheaper than Shichida, i.e. $600 for a term of 12 wks (i.e ard 3mths). and they ask u to pay for membership fee of $50. For Shichida, parents need to attend a workshop which cost ard $150, i think. Must double check with Lynn. She just sign Rayden up for nx term. Nw, I'm not working, cannot afford to sign Shichida liao.

mylife,
wa, your hb so tall!!! No wonder your gal is so tall.. it's the genes lah.

Bringing Eve for MMR jab tmr at Kid's Clinic. Will check with dr on her development.....
 
Kam,
I'll listen to my kids and reduce the classes... if by force, it'll only create a fear in them for learning! Let them decide which class they prefer to go... must be MING ZHU, democratic... hahaha....
 
Verene,
Congrats on your conversion to Perm!!! I just signed another 1 year contract with my co so got to wait until next year then can see if there is any chance for conversion. But looks bleaky... Anyway, happy for you.
 
congrats verene!

lynn: which outlet u sign ur boy for shichida? i am also keen to enrol my ger, was the wait list long?
 
Re: Fruit juice- blessedbaby – yea I made fruit and veggie juice for him before. Lately too busy din make for him though. It’s good to give juice as they will have more intake of vit/mineral. As for fibre they can take from grains and normal fruits and veg. And usually normal fruit they don’t eat that much. For eg they can eat max 1 apple or half inch of carrot per day, but if you juice they might have taken 2 apple’s or 1 whole carrot’s nutrients. That’s what I think. The health centre ppl told me to make carrot juice for kids to detox! Especially when they take too much western medicine.

Icy , yea you need to build up his immune system..

Pauline: I think it’s a good move and effort for you to prepare for your maid! She will appreciate that.

Kam: maybe overdue bb is smarter?? Like u .. and like one of my friend’s kid. Hehe
 
<font color="ff0000">Anyone keen to meet up next Friday</font>

Will be on leave next Friday cos the childcare will be closed for spring cleaning.

Wanna meet up, anyone? Can be anywhere, anytime.....
 
sighs
yesterday hor, really heart wrenching. my boy was having a screaming fit/meltdown in the living room. i removed him from the situation and brought him into my mil room, close the door and get him to calm down. he die die want my mil to hold him when he cant get the things he wanted. i specifically asked my mil not to come in. coz if she did, he will run to her and she will hold him. then he will start to ehh ehh ehh and forgot all about it (aka won this round).
in the end, she came in lor...then coz he was screaming for so long, he vomited a bit.

i told my mil cannot keep holding him whenever he wants something, coz it makes it seems like he has won this round and will keep pushing boundaries. actually quite pissed but didnt show it.

told my hb that either we think of a solution about this, else it will not do him good. there are simply too many bad influences at my mil place.
my niece shouts and screams all the time, all by learning from her mother (my sil). yest my sil asked her DD to sit down, cannot run around and play. hello??? a 3yo sure run around and play, let her play lor. not as though she is doing dangerous stunts. how can you expect a 3yo sitting calmly on the sofa and doing NOTHING? so whenever my niece stood up and join my son, my sil will shout and scream at her to sit down...actually very poor thing. no wonder all the kids shout and scream at home.

as usual, my hb sided his mom and say that cannot treat my boy like that, my mil was right to hold him, and coo him, and all the professionals writing about giving kids a calm down/time out are all bullshitting
wat de?????????????????
 
pixie,
how come ur job so flexible, sometimes can work at home, sometimes on leave?

i can understand ur frustrations, its hard to discipline ur boy when theres too many people involved, n they dun agree with ur method.
 
pixie, dunbe angry! we r not our child's daily caregiver, v hard to control hw we want our child to be brought up. sometimes, mus close one eye, or best 2 eyes!
 
pixie,

So, wanna meet?

Yesterday we went 717 again :) Got MSW at $16/kg, and XO-D24 for $11. Then after weighing the durians, still managed to slash them further. The D24 pretty good leh, cheaper than MSW but inside only 3-5 seeds only.
 
luca
i take leave lah, where got so flexible.
yes, my company allow us to work from home, depending if your report manager agrees. but my reporting manager is not keen on this so i have to work in the office. i have lots of colleagues working from home. some are home based. shiokz rite. i hope can like that when my boy grows up - easy to look after and work at home at the same time...maybe few yr later, tok to my boss again bah...

aqua
not angry. just frustrated that im all alone in this battle and they are all left wing and im the only person in the right wing.
machiam PAP vs me like that. hohoho

i very sad my boy dont want me. arched his back and die die dont want me, just want ah ma....go off liao i cried on the way home...sob sob

kam
let me check with my hb. he's on leave too, to celebrate his bday. so if i go out, dunno he angry or not hahahah...but if for bfast or what (short while) then should be ok?
 
Morning!

Aqua: i signed up at hdb hub every sat class... 1 term oct-dec. 1 parent need to attend a workshop $100+, if u gotta sign up for 1yr e workshop cost is foc. i'm currently pregnant so if i skip for 1term Jan-mar 2010 and let my boy attend again apr-jun 2010 and continue till 1yr i can also get rebate for e workshop... they r very flexible.
happy.gif
i hav 2 frz's kids attend Shichida and they can see dat their kids hav better memory. Another frz's girl is there for 1yrs+ and still attending...
 
kam
so how much did you guys paid in all for how many durians?
i tot you said MSW dwindling down liao?
its end of the season liao leh...i see a lot of neighbourhood shops having lesser and lesser durians on display
 
Pixie, understand how you feel. I was very angry with hubby the other time when RaeAnne hit him with a megablock until he got a cut on the lip. No one bothered to scold her except me. FIL also kenna hit on the head and bitten on the arm by her before but never stop her or scold her. His parents pretty much let her do whatever she wants unless she is pulling or taking dangerous items from the tables/shelves, then they will stop her.

Yesterday, my gal don't want us too, she chose to stay with Nai Na for the night. When it was around 9pm, usual going home time, she resisted and slide off the stroller 3 times when we tried to bring her home, later we asked her again to come home with us. If not, got to say bye bye to us, yet she said bye bye happily without any hesitation. :p We felt a bit lost and sad actually but I told hubby, MIL sacrificed so much to care for her since she was born. It was right for her to have her reward now that she's bigger. Some kids do like to stay over at grandparents' house.

I can imagine how sad you must feel. Cos you are a weekend parent not by choice so naturally your boy is closer to ah ma. My cousin and cousin in law were weekend parents for 3-4 years when their boy was born. The boy is taken care by our unmarried auntie. My aunt stays at Tampines and they stay at Pasir Ris. They come and see the boy every evening but don't bring home until Fri night. They moved into my aunt's home when the boy was about 4 years old cos my grandma passed away and my aunt is alone in the house but they still sleep in their own room, not with the boy. The boy is so attached to my aunt that on Fri night, he can refuse to go home until my cousin got to drive him in the car until he falls asleep. Then when they try to remove his shoes, and change him into pyjamas. He woke up and refuse to change his clothes. Insist on going back to my aunt's place, end up they had to drive back to my aunt's place that night. Sigh.

Try and find ways to get out of the weekend parent situation asap bah.
 
Pixie, don’t be sad, I think it’s very natural for bb to be closer to the caregiver. This is just a phase ok. Enjoy your time now and there will be another day he will only want u! I also hope that my son doesn’t want me (temporary la) – so that I can have more me time.. I’m still waiting for him to change his preference to his daddy .

Kam, after letting ur son eat durian did you let him drink salt water or only give mangosteen?
 
pixie
calm down.. my FIL also keep giving Javier eat sour plums recently when we are not at home.. i also very pek chek.. trying to think of a way to tell my hubby nicely to ask them to stop it.. if not i will throw all the sour plums in the house and no one gets to eat!!.. hahahaa
 
pixie:dun give up! we must stay strong n fight for wat we believe...haha, but at times, we mus use soft approach, old folks v stubborn , need alot time to convince.

lynn, did u wait very long to enrol ur boy? i heard wait list at least 3mths. is the term fee $600?
 
kitsune, i aslo weekend parent. ther was once my girl refuse to go home with me n my dad. my hubby was busy n dint cwent to pick her with me. i wana carry her home, n she refuse n start to cry,my mil actualli say nvr mind, let her stay with them. i juz hack care n insisted!

later, she saw my expression, n dare nt cry or resist, juz guaiguai let me carry her home!
i always let my girl knows 'i am the decision maker!, u better dun fool around with me. i wont be bully her. unlike her dad n myinlaws, always spoilt her
 
pixie,

we are all behind u! tink u work from home for a while, get yr son to b with u.

i m getting my hb to check out the CC at my workplace. ask him to see if wana put both sons here next yr or not.
 
verene, congrats!!!!!!

Pixie, dont get too upset, my neighbour's girl, the grandpa gave her orange and prunes since she was 4 months, always see him giving her something to suck when she goes to playground with him. Even grandma says the grandpa anyhow one.
 
Aqua, I can insist if I want to but no lar, last night my hubby was so tired that he lay in his old bed to rest after dinner, 830pm then I woke him up cos about to go back liao mah. So, I told him either because you didn't play with her this evening so she's not motivated to go home or she's so guai, see you so tired, give you a break, don't want to go home. Anyway, since my maid is arriving next week, I don't think she'll be staying over much cos I'll look after her with the maid in the day and not be sending her to MIL place anymore mah. So, let her bond with ye ye and nai nai while she can lor.
happy.gif
 
Kam,
You ate lots of durian leh. Hehehehe... Is your baby girl very big now? I got 1 colleague who ate durian for straight 1 week and her baby gained 600g to 2.6Kg. The she scared baby will grow too big before she can handle and thus stop eating.
Me going for my next gynae visit on this Fri...
 
kitsune, yes. let her enjoy 1 week, most important u get enuf rest. or else, u even more tired coz mus train n supervise maid n lok after girl.
 
tongtong
fresh plums??? or prune?? hehee.. i also dun la... our house got alot of fruits duno y he dun wana give.. must give sour plums.. sianz... purposely one. my maid tell him wait mdm angry.. my FIL give keep quiet smile smile and continue to give...

Re: Botanic garden
i also planning to go this weekend.. sunday... cos got orchestra there lei.. hahaa
 
krystle, dont scare me le. I ate lots of durian le for this one, just finish like 1 box last night. Ooops. But surprisingly, my weight gain for this one is about 9kg, but I know even 100grams extra on a baby is ALOT!.

Aqua, hehehe, ya lor I still here le. No symptoms, survived one night with no drama, my hubbie will be flying back tonight, so even if tonight wee hours pop also no worries, since he is going to be around. Going to AMK hub later, buy some T shirts for the maid to wear with my mum and eat lunch. Maybe shop a bit more, will bring on labour faster :p. Maybe baby #2 wanna share the same "date" birthday as the che che, since tomo is 30th, coz my #1 is born 30th Jan?
 
pixie,
Paid $60 for 2x MSW and 2x XO-D24. Yes, MSW not a lot already, he said maybe will have more by Sep/Oct. Now is the season for D24, he said there are many types of D24 actually. The XO-D24 is the most bitter type.


Krystle,
Yes, I ate quite a lot of durians. But still ok. Last checkup didn't gain much weight. Baby also in normal range. Actually is better now, cos after Pixie introduced 717, my hubby only buys from 717 and not the stall downstairs. So actually we are eating much less now (thanks to Pixie!).


Tongtong,
We only let Hao Re eats 1 seed at the most, so didn't give him salt water. Mangosteen we didn't buy everytime. Ok leh, he is not those heaty type, thankfully.

Overdue baby smarter? Hoho, I take it as compliment, thanks, thanks! No lah, for sure overdue baby is chubbier..... should show you my baby photo, you can see how fat I was!
 
Aqua: is $780 for wkend once per wk.. 3mths for 1 term. As for wkday i tink less $50 not too sure. If itz gd, i'll let him continue for 1yr.. and will consider for my no.2 to attend too. if not then probably will stop aft 1 term.

Anybody slap ur baby? my hb slapped my boy a few times.. heart pain.. i told him he still young dont understand much.
 
Angelsky, think you better monitor your weight. I gained 2.5kg in 1 month when I went to see gynae last Fri. Even she was surprised by the sudden jump in weight cos for my no. 1, my total weight gain was only about 10kg. She asked me what I ate this month. I told her durians. :p Luckily, she said durians quite nutritious, still ok but cut down on soft drinks if worried cos pure sugar and no nutrition.

Lyn, I think I lightly slapped my gal's mouth before cos that time she likes to bite me when latching on. LC told me must teach her not to do it if not will kenna infection. She cry until I very heart pain but bo bian lor. It really works, after that she never bite liao.
 
Pixie,
I guess that is the cons about grandparents taking care of our children. They tend to give in to their cries and wants coz they are their precious mah.

My bro and SIL are also weekend parents like you and they only brought their sons home from my mum's place on sat afternoon. They used to bring them home on Fri nights but it somehow slowly rolled over to Sat as my nephews came out with lots of excuses not to go home. Always say Nai Nai's house is the best, or quickly change to their pajamas or pretend to sleep before their parents came.... All sorts of patterns came out. But recently it is getting better as every 2 weeks, I will bring my girl to my mum's place to stay from Fri night to Sun. So slowly, my bro told them that if Mei Mei comes over, both of them must follow and go home and cannot stay overnight. I guess have to be really firm.

Recently, my girl is also throwing her tantrums @ MIL's place. Dun want to sit on the stroller when me and my hubby went to fetch her home. Y'day night, she just struggled and refused to sit on the stroller and I was fetching her alone (hubby got dinner appt). My MIL, BIL all were coaxing her but I just told her that cannot behave like that. Simply strapped her onto the stroller and pushed her to the lift, with my girl crying very loud! But she stopped immediately when the lift reaches 1st floor. I think we really got to show them who is in control and cannot always let them do what they want.
 
Jess, oh what time is the orchestra? Then I go Sunday also la! eke

Kam, I think shaun is heaty type because he cannot sleep well when it’s hot at night ( while me and hubby must use blanket already). And because he likes to eat nuts (also heaty). So I was thinking whether to give him salt water?scared later he eats liao gets sore throat.

Lynn: wah slap?!! No leh, I only beat his thigh and palm when he is notti. But apparently he doesn’t feel the pain wor.
 
Ya lor, I checked my blog. For RaeAnne at 20 weeks, I was only 46kg, now at 20 weeks (last week) already 49kg! Somemore, for no. 2, I started with a lower pre preggie weight cos I lost weight from BF mah, so imagine, my total weight gain is 6.5kg liao. Faint! :p
 



Back
Top