(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Kitsune,

Coach mentioned Javier is doing 'reverse' butterfly style. cos while he was gliding in the water...he dint kick...till the gliding stops...he began his butterfly kick...we all laughed.

A PIC TO SHARE

1782936.jpg

Dear mummies, my gal is down with fever for the 2nd day. She's getting very cranky. cannot sleep well, don't want to drink water, don't want to drink milk. she eats only half of her porridge. how??? worst still, her temperature keeps fluctuating even though we give her medicine. yesterday night, it hit a high of 39.5deg celsius.

today, she kept crying and has not slept a wink at all and wants us to carry her all the time. my hands are dropping off!!!

sigh, really very worried... doc said it
s viral fever and should recover in a couple of days time. how to survive?!?!?!

oh yah, and how to give her medicine? we tried using a syringe but she vomitted out her dinner last nighht. then we tried using a syring but lay her down. she didn't vomit but we had to practically force the syringe in. also tried mixing the med with milk but should wouldn't even want to touch any liquids after the force the medicne down her throoat episode. i think she has a phobia of liquids now... sso how???? sigh.

<font color="aa00aa">aquaDucks Trial - 11th Oct Sat @ The Pines Club</font>
glad all mummies enjoyed. nurun (aquaducks) will email us the prices and details of classes next week.
<font color="ff0000">mummies, please email me photos as i nid to write up a short article on the event and provide 10 photos to huggies. tks. </font> think huggies want to put up in their website.

re: Gymboree,
babyshanno, yap i asked the info before. other than the trial fee, have to pay one-time registration fee. can't rem all. think call up gymboree to ask.
my girl haven learn to crawl forward, so maybe i cant come. = ((

<font color="aa00aa">Birthday Bash - Venue</font>
Shall we hold it at The Pines Club? Seems a gd place and quite central for all locations.

ask u mummies hor. did u really discard any leftover cereal or FM after 4 weeks of opening since the packaging mentioned so.

hi mei,
Thanks for organising! My girl and hb had a good time at the pool. Such coincidence tt u n hb are sec sch mates before. hee hee

hi kitsune,
It is really great meetin u too! Baby Raeanne is so adorable in her konfidence suit.

hi other lovely mummies whom i hv met too....blessedbaby, candyclau, mandy,lyn78. It is really great knowing all of u....
happy.gif
Hope to mit u again at the birthday bash!

hi all,
My friend will give me the pic on Mon and I will post it somewhere for all to view. Hope he had captured good shots of all the babies in their little huggies....
happy.gif

hi mcfluffy,
Celeste is so poor thing. Mayb u would like to sponge her more especially at night as tt will bring her temperature down.

My lil' girl was down with fever when she is teething few weeks back and I actually brought her to KKH A&amp;E when she develops red spot after the fever series.....doc says it is due to the body expelling heat after the fever n it is normal. She suggested tt sponging them to bring fever down. Also, giving her a bit of cold water will also help if she doesnt want to drink....The water intake will helps to bring her temperature down.

Hope she recovers soon....

Mei,
javin is not feeling well...
Sorry didn't turn up on the aqua ducks trial. I am ok if the b day bash is at The Pines. In fact i held my wedding banquet there... Service not bad as well...

elmo_78,
PD also told me she might have red spots after that so i'm expectting that. does that mean she'll be ok after i see the red spots? currently, her temperature keeps hovering at more than 38deg celsius and doesn't seem to come down even though she ate the medicine. is it normal?
we try to let her drink from a cup coz we show her that we are drinking too, so she wants to drink. but anything in the bottle is out of bounds for heer now. think she has phobia of liquids in bottle. eheh.

Mcfluffy,
Zachy just had the same thing 2 weeks ago. PD said it is fake measles. Other than giving fever medicine and sponging to keep temperature down, nothing much could be done. One the third day or fourth day, will recover. Then if red spots appear on face or body, it is fake measles.

baby don't feel well, so no appetite. Naturally, milk intake reduce. More cranky than usual. No need to force her to drink milk. Once recover, appetite will come back.

As for medicine, carry her at an angle (half upright position). Someone must distract her. Then slowly move syringe into mouth. Make sure, it is nearer to side of mouth. Slowly push syringe. If push all at one go, they will spt everything out if they don't like it. I always give bitter one first, followed by sweet ones, then give lots of wter to wash down.

blackbatz,
if red spots come out and it's fake measles then how? just ignore it right? so the whole thing should be over in around how many days? 3-4 ddays? now only 2nd day and my arms are really tired from carrying her the whole day long!

Ok.. the medicine way we've been doing the correct thing. But she will still cry everytime we give her medicine.

Wondering if I should take leave tomorrow.... can i still go to the PD to get MC? Never take CCL before.. don't know how the procedure is like.

mcfluffy
Try straw cup, my son takes on it v well.
If I am not wrong, CCL no need MC. you are entitled to take it.

Icy
I use the scissors but last min can't find it. Usually my hb cuts my kids nails, he use the huge nail clipper and he clip v fast and effectively. I more "buay zai".

blessedbaby
yah me lah paiseh forgot to indicate my "ta ming" haha...

clipping of flesh ouch
me too when he's abt 2 months old and sleeping... felt soo guilty cos he realli screamed loud... only using scissors for me now...

mcfluffy
*HUGS* Rylee had the same thing sometime back. It started off with viral fever, then followed by diarrhoea. So it turned out to be viral gastroenteritis. Anyway, same like u, her fever went all the way to 39.8c. Dont fret. PD told me it's normal for fever to spike at night. Just keep giving her meds (mine was nurofen) that was supp to be 6hourly. Then in between if still got fever can give normal baby panadol like Tylenol. During these period, it is normal for them to drop their appetite. Even when we're sick, as adults, we also lose our appetites rite? Let alone a small baby? So, most important thing now is continue just revert back to milk. Can forget about the solids for the time being. Follow her lead. But must keep her hydrated by letting her drink lots of water.

As for meds, Blackbatz has given very good tips. Tat time Rylee was worse, not jus vomit, there was once, she choked quite badly, like coughing non stop for 10mins. I was so freaked out too. Best is to insert the syringe to the side of her tongue instead of directly shoot into the throat. It'll be good if u can get someone to help u, hold the corner of her cheeks near her mouth so she cant spit it out. Good luck.

RE: 家好月圆

QQ, you sure you really can tahan watching it slowly? kekeke. Very exciting le.

mcfluffy, what about juice? Would it help if you mix juice? I can understand how you feel, usually 1 of us will hold my gal and the other will feed med using stringe and then close her mouth.

Cutting nails, how about use a smaller nail clipper? I got a one for cutting baby's nails and I also end up clipping her flesh, in the end my mum got 1 cheapo small one from a neighbour hood store and it works fine. I usually cut when she is sleeping.

mylife, drop you an email, long story man. so sorry to keep you waiting.

mcfluffy,
Can use teat OR those sucker (squeeze and release type) to feed medicine. should be easier cos i use that. take care hugzzz!!

re JG class, I going for trial on wednesday, update you gals after that. I vaguely recall its in the range of 800++ for twice a week session for 10 weeks? But I may be wrong, coz they have so many programs.

Babe, not sure about last week of Oct, but when I was there last week it was HOT!!!!!!!. I bought jeans and cover shoes there. In the end, I bought berms and wore my flip flops. Abit unglam but then bo bian.

angelsky,
you going for the trial at forum? does babies need to know how to crawl? my girl doesn't really crawl yet.

Luvv, I going to the one at Evans, called forum to check prices, the attitude is terrible, anyway heard that evans has better facilities. They never say must know how to crawl le, they just say 6 months to 18 months for playnest. I can check for you on weds and let you know. The trial is either SGD29 or SGD39. They talk so much and so fast that I cant catch.

hmm attitude sounds bad...thanks for the info. let us know after your trial. there're so many classes now, i'm so luan already..haha

WendyG, everyone looks very cool, no one freaked out. If you see from the pix, you can see that Dawn and I are the only mummies in the water though. Think the rest of the mummies 'siam', complain to hubby why I have to 'show flesh' because he is a 'dry duck' haha. :p

Mcfluffy, poor Celeste. I hate feeding med too, my gal will wail inconsolably when we fed her panadol syrup with syringe. Then I saw ILs feeding her by mixing a bit of milk, and she 'guai guai' drink.

Hi Luvv and Angelsky,
USed to bring my boy to JG at Evans Road. Personally I prefer that place. As playground is outdoor. More airy than Forum, which I think is good for young kids and baby.

Went to Forum once cos wanted to follow the teacher who was transferred there. Got a shock out of my life, very crowded. After 1 lesson, transferred back to Evans Road. At least, wear casually never mind.

Carpark charges are a lot cheaper than Forum. Also near botanic gardens and Jacob Balla Children's garden.

angelsky
Hey, let me know abt the trial too. Tot of bringing my boy. But dunno isit too young, cos germs everywhere.
My girl went to JG for the billingual class when she was 3. She loved it.

Mcfluffy,
As for the fake measles, just have a lot of red spots all over, which will go away in a couple of days. By then, bb will not have any fever. So they wouldn't be cranky.

BBs usually dislike medicine. So it's kind of torture for them. My boy dislike "Pandol" brand cherry syrup. Will scream and scream. However, if given the generic parcemtamol suspension, no problem cos taste very sweet, will open his mouth for second helping. Really depends on individual. :p

Can go to PD to get 1 more day of MC as baby has not recovered. Morning call school to tell them that BB sick, on CCL. Once return to school, produce child's mc to AM or CSOs...Anyway, you have 3 days (conditional leave) and 2 days (unconditional).

Evening,
My boy attended since he was like 30 months till 4 years. From biligual playgroup (weekend class)till speech and drama class.

Stopped going after I delivered #2, it's hard to bring them around here and there.

WOW, when I saw the fees I was like "gulp", but I did hear good feedback so far. Usually #1 will get to go and then when #2 comes along, you dont have the time nor energy to bring both here and there and everywhere. My friend sent her #1 to Shichida, but for #2 she did not, she say anyway #1 can teach #2.

So where do we park for Evans? Need to walk very far? Or park at NUS campus opposite, cant be at Botanical Gardens right, walk until can drop le.

Yup yup, will update after Wednesday, I gg with shooting star
happy.gif

Aqua ducks - hi my younger boy is feb08. would like to bring him for a swim class. Anybody know where i can get the info on the wkend class at Pines. I also have a toddler, 27 mths, so hope to enroll both in the same class.

re: JG, Shichida etc
>> wow, economic crunch not affecting anyone here? $800 for 10 wks... i can't bring myself to spend lidat ley.

Thanks ladies for all the help.

Currently, my daughter is very wary of all things in a bottle or her straw cup. She thinks that we're trying to poison her with the medicine. So she refuses to drink water. We have to resort to showing her our own cup / bottle, den i spoonfeed her. She is more likely to drink if the water is from our cup. Such a smart gal, but giving me so much problems.

By the way, I noticed that you all are talking about medicines like nerofen (?) but my PD only gave Celeste parcetomol.Dunno how to spell.... is it not strong enough? That's why her temperature still so high? So afraid that the fever will damage her brain...

Milk wise, she has refused to touch a drop of it. Only when she is deep asleep, at 3+am, she drank about 100ml. That's all. What I did was to add milk into her cereal and porridge. She rather eat solids leh. Sigh.

Blackbatz,
Now I regret coming to work. Thought my gal was ok coz last night, she was still quite bubbly. Just now, My hubby told me that my gal's fever is still at 39deg celsius. It has not really come down yet since last afternoon. Constantly hovering on the high side of 38 and 39deg celsius. Is that normal?????

Think tomorrow I wont go to work, even though it's exams..... arggghhh.... so caught in between!!

I noticed something odd in my boy yesterday night. He had a sudden twitch in his left shoulder when I was carrying him. I didn't think anything of it and placed him on the bed. My hubby started to talk and play with him and he did it again - twitching his right shoulder. I don't how to explain, just sudden twitching in the shoulders for like 1-2 secs. It looks very awkward to us but he didn't seem to feel uncomfortable or anything. We continued to observe him while playing and changing into his pyjamas and everything seems normal.

Is this a cause for concern?? I'm a little worried if it's a spasm or mild seizure that he's having but he looks like he usual cheerful self and was still laughing and playing with us...

zhao mummies.

<font color="aa00aa">Gymboree Trial</font>
babyshannon, are u organising? my #2 haven learnt to crawl forward yet. slow??

Just had a look through the babycenter website and seems other parents also experiencing similar twitching in their babies. Some PD say it's nothing to worry about unless they lose their conciousness. Others say they do this when they're tired or may be related to some medication taken recently. It may also be bb's own way of alleviating pain in their ear or mouth.

At least I'm not too worried now especially since my boy has been cranky due to teething these 2 days. Phew...

<font color="aa00aa">1-year-old Mass Birthday Bash 20th Dec Sat Buffet Lunch - Venue</font>
1. Am thinking of Pines Club, cos central location, free parking, free 1kg cake, deposit waived. Per adult is $40nett. <font color="ff0000">U ok if bday bash @ Pines Club? Pls reply.</font>
2. Pls confirm ur attendance.

01. mei 2A+1C(2.5yrs)+1B => OK
02. mandygoh 2A+1B
03. blessed_serene 2A+1B
04. steph77 2A+1B
05. shorty_gal 2A+1B => OK
06. QQ 2A+1B
07. babyshannon 2A+1B
08. elmo_78 2A+1B
09. blessedbaby 2A+1B => OK
10. icy 2A+1B
11. babyship 2A+1C(2.5yrs)+1B
12. kitsune_sg 2A+1B
13. yen2007 2A+1B
14. janbb 2A+1B
15. zhu_baby 1A+1B => OCC, Pines, HRC
16. luvv 1A+1B
17. chaye 2A + 1C (5yrs) + 1B
18. jerrybeanie 2A+1B
19. superbee 2A+1B
20. mommy2be 2A+1B
21. lyn78 2A+1B
22. split 2A+1B
23. mcfluffy 2A+1B
24. angelsky 2A+1B
25. tracy_lazy 2A+1B
26. shooting_star 2A+1B
27. mom2nat 2A+1C(? yrs)+1B
28. sassymum 2A+1B
29. bbdear 1A+1B
30. verene 2A+1B
31. rabbit41 2A+2C(3 yrs)+1B
32. ylim 2A+1B
33. hammies03 2A+1B
34. fishia 2A+1B

Mcfluffy,
I was like you. Place kids exams way above my own children. Felt guilty like hell when I realised that my own children need my TLC when they are sick.

Not to worry about exam marking cos your colleagues will understand.

kitsune, dawn,

yes, i m oso 1 of the mommy in water, hubby still in oversea so mommy hv to do everything. my boy was laughung so loudly when he touches the water... i thought he must be enjoying himself .... but 5 mins later, cry/wail till i hv to leave the group (so i m not in kitsune's pic ), he cry all the way till lesson ends... no idea why he behaves like this. when i bath him, he screams even louder in the toilet, luckily no other pple in the toilet ... else so malu...

nice meeting all babies yesterday, sigh...my boy is so so so skinny after seeing all the chubby babies ...

morning mummies,

my gal wakes up at 1am and wants to sit up and play instead of sleeping. finally managed to pat her to sleep again at 2plus. nw, my husband n I both have panda eyes.

mei,
thinking of bringing my gal to the gymboree class. do u have the contact no of tanglin branch.

angelsky,
heard good reviews about the JG's playnest in Evans Rd. let me know if it is good. thinking of signing my gal up for their class.

Mei,
Me oki with any venue for the b'day bash ; )

My boy enjoyed so much in the duck trial on sat!! Here are some pix taken during the 10.00am class.
1785568.jpg
1785569.jpg

Mei, i will email some pix for the huggies contest. Are you submitting individual babies photo as well? If so, can u submit 1 pix for me. Thks.

Back