(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Mylife, I'll probably book Langham place hotel since it's convenient though I agree with WendyG, it's exp lar, more exp than Miramar which I used to stay. :p Yes, plain porridge is a good idea. Just in case, do you know if they sell Pigeon baby porridge at Langham place and which store?
happy.gif

Blackbatz, thanks for the tips. Strollers, I got two, one Maclaren, one Capella. Which one should I bring?
happy.gif

WendyG, when in Dec are you going? Heard Dec quite cold, that's why thinking of late nov instead.

Chaye, me also lost hp and bb pixs.
sad.gif

kitsune
bring lightweight stroller. it's crazy carrying stroller plus baby up & down endless flights of stairs. unless u just plan to stick to shpg malls within walking dist.

i'll go the wk b4 christmas... maybe 20dec.
we like coldddddd. brrrrr....
in 2006 we went during the week between Christmas & NY '07, fabulous weather. On the day we went Disneyland, i only wore t-shirt & jeans. Only felt chilly when the sun set. We had a smashing time.

1582658.jpg

ahcapp,
how is ur 3x pumping a day? as in the timing? I still pump 4x a day, thinking of pumping only 2x a day so that become partial bf.. else really feel so tiring and wanna spend more time with Xavier now. I havent been sleeping 6 hr straight since delivery my bb. I have been thinking and no action yet cos bu she de.. hahaha

ernmum,
I will pm u my blog.

for the bassinet, try to request upon booking your ticket cos also certain seats have that. If that flight have a lot of babies, you might not get it.

how many hrs your trip? hv u been handling baby alone at home/ outside? if your bb obedient & sleep in the bassinet, then u can take a rest also. If not for the journey u're on your own handling cranky baby, no one will take over fr u & u can't even go toilet. Maybe u gotto wear adult diaper also. hee hee

jan bb
my bb's name is Bao Le (full already!) haha yep male so Godsent's little girl girl would be enjoying so much attention from our boys.

wendyg
post pix with your face too leh... =) received the diaper thanks

babyling
even if you mentioned to get bassinet upon booking tix, you might not get it on the plane either. be prepared. my #1 flew on my lap. sleep on my lap.

wendyg, you damn funny la....wear adult diaper

my elder boy last time also slept in my arms...cos he seldom sleep in cot etc one...

ya my husband carried #1 while he was napping. The stewardess so nice, let husband sit in first class for the duration of the nap coz the economy seats too cramped & my boy's head knocked on the armrest etc.

evening
seldom hv pix with me inside, coz frequently i'm the one behind the camera
happy.gif

babyling, you going to travel alone with bb on the plane? you very brave le. I tot about it, but then the thought that she is going to scream on the plane makes me a bit frightened.

Wendyg
I also have a similar foto of HK disneyland taken last July. hehehe I think this is the classic scene tat one cannot miss la.
1583155.jpg

wendyg, am still thking whether to go or nt...wil be more than 15 hrs of flight....i gt handle bb alone at hm ...but of cos hm gt all the things to occupy my bb to prevent her from cranky :p my bb slept in sarong in day time..but sleep in cot nite time....so i duno what will happen during the journey..

Alamak, I tink I dunno how to make puree for my gal... I tried to puree carrots just now. My mom boil the carrots til soft, den i mashed it.. But somehow, the mashing is not pureed enough and my gal eat until wanna vomit plus make the vomit sound!!! Jia Luck.... Yesterday, fed her bottled pureed carrots, she loves it & asked for more when we stop giving... Now dunno how to make more pureed food for her! How man?!!!
sad.gif

Wendy,
wow, such good svc ah? Definitely not frm our local airline rite? Cos they r v sticky regarding upgrades!!!

babyling,
Well, I know SQ has a few bassinet points at the bulkhead (ard 6 - 8nos) depending on the aircraft type. So when u book tix, must emphasize dat u need a bulkhead seat with bassinet point. It can safely fit babies of 15kg & below. Length wise mayb below 80cm but weight is more important. Well, if you fly SQ, I'm sure u'll get full svc fm the crew esp if u r travelling alone with a baby. They are trained to help out & take special care of these passengers. Remember to let ur baby suck onto something, e.g pacifier or milk during take-off & landing in order to avoid any ear pressure disturbance.

Janbb,
Wa, so this sat - my Evangeline can have a wide selection of handsome boys!!!

Hi mummies, sorry to intrude. I have ordered an extra batch of <font color="0000ff">Desitin creamy</font>.

Still have 25 units left and 1 unit for <font color="aa00aa">Desitin original</font>.

Each tube is USD 5.79* 1.45 = $8.40 plus shipping $1.80 divided among 46 units, <font color="ff0000">$10.20</font>.

Interested mummies pls PM me. Meet up at Tanah Merah Stn or by postage.

Thanks

chaye
hehe....excited to see u back here mah...yup, shud still hv your contacts in my phone

wendy
no lah, tat time i say Olympic u also know...not alot of people know of the Olympic Mall one leh!

Carrot Puree
Hey, someone mentioned fed the baby carrot puree and end up baby's stools got undigested carrot, orangey one rite? Mine also have, so does it mean we shud stop feeding or wat?

Question on solids
When shud we intro porridge ah? My mom says not so soon wor. Like maybe 7-8mths. And when do we add in additional meals? Now i'm still jus feeding Rylee one meal (lunch) of rice cereal a day. The rest still BF.

Hi MyLife

I have started Tate on porridge as dinner few weeks back le cos he is not very interested in milk. But for porridge and cereal he can gobble it down real fast. Plain porridge with carrots and spinach. We put some meat for taste as well. If not we put sweet potato or pumpkin
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

It's Thur. I am taking leave tmrw to go tidy myself up. Yes, i am going to colour all my white hair! =) Finally.. have been waiting for so long.. was a bit worried as I am still pumping milk for my son.

violetice,

I bought high chair for my son. Nowadays when we feed him solid, he will sit in his high chair. have u bought one yet?

icy,

I used to pump 6am, 11am, 5pm and 11pm. Now I pump only 6am, 2pm and 10pm. I also don't pump so long already. At most 10min close shop liao. =P I intend to drop another session next week. I need to go on business trip next month. So now will be a good time to start to wean my son off.

I also long long time never sleep 6hrs straight since my delivery. Now that my son is so active and can 'stand', I have to devote more time to him.

lasik

I done my lasik 3 yrs ago, before my wedding. Back in those days, only Tan Tock Seng or Sg Eye Centre are the popular choices to go to. Er... I actually went over to Optimax @ JB City Square for my lasik. It costs me about S$2.7K that time. I went over as a lot of my colleagues went there and all have positive feedback. I went over for the lasik and after that, i checked into Pan Pacific Hotel for an afternoon nap. At night, my malaysian friend brought me out for dinner. The next day, after my checkup, I actually went to Mango sale with my sunglasses on! *LOL* I a bit mad lah.

Now many lasik clinics in sg. No need to go overseas already. =) So convienent. I am sure the Q will be much shorter too.

Serene,

I am also weaning my son off now. But I mix FM and BM. So far, I am successfully with up to 2/3 of FM with 1/3 BM. Will give full FM a try this week. =)

Me also going for business trip next month. Where will u be going?

blackbatz,

Ok, guess I must drop another session next week. I am pumping less now. But my breasts still a bit hard wor. Aiya, i worry about lumps man. =( My colleague told me she took 1 month to stop the milk totally. So long huh?

angelsky,

Actually, I am a D cup now. I not very keen to be a D cup =P I want to go back to my B cup. My gf told me about sagging boobs after BFing. *faint*

kitsune,

If u can direct feed, it's so much easier. For people like me who has to pump, it's extra work and time spent. =( I don't regret the past 6 months old though. But time for me to move on now. =)

baby fall back on his head

is there any concern when my son fell backwards and knock his head? My house flooring is parquet but I worry knock so many times will it do some damage. But it will be a bit too much to buy a head protector right?

boobs

Last time I used to feel too busty and I was like only a B cup, now after BF, suddenly I feel so flat, I miss my B cup.

high chair

I bought the lucky jane high chair, but I find it quite bulky, when I put gywneth at the dining table when we are eating (she watches us), there is not enough space for me if she sits at the table too. But I find it useful, because I can actually take the top part of the chair and it becomes a mini chair. I use the mini chair potion when she watches "baby can read".

baby knock head

I realised its not only when bay fall they will hit and knock their head. She has flipped a few times on the bed and sometimes she will edge herself till she is stuck in some corner of the bed and then she will keep reversing and moving forward to get out of the stuck position and then end up her feet will get stuck at one side of the bed and then her head will knock the other side of the bed.

super active

gwyneth cant stop moving, sometimes it gets giddy watching her. a few times my dad will look at me and ask me very seriously if she is "ok", she is not being "too active right".

lasik

my gf went in on monday, did her evaluation that day itself at the clinic, then today went in for her operation, by tomo she will get perfect vision. *envy*

bao le = full of happiness. whenever if finish feeding him on ikea high chair, i'll tell him bao le chi bao le, and will chuckle, ma chiam he eat himself haha... my girl's Le Xuan.

re: TV or educational vcd/dvd
do you ladies let bb watch yet?

Ahcapp
I heard that for milk production, its estimated that the breast will only stop making milk at approx 6weeks aft the last feeding session. So I guess is the same for pumping bah? Me too went to optimax for lasik but we drove up to KL to get it done by dr Stephen chung cos he is supp to be the best (think some eye docs in sg also trained by him). He only goes to JB like a few times in a month and all appts full so I went to KL to get it done by him. No regrets cos my eyesight was very bad like 900 on one side and 600 on another, so it was very liberating! I even had white spots formed on my cornea due to long wearing of contact lenses, so I figure might as well do lasik..so mine also for medical reason wor! Kekeke.

Ah Capp, ya I do latch on but she still beams and chuckles at daddy, ye ye and nai nai but not me cos I seldom carry her except when latching on leh. But ya the transformation from a crying, desperate baby to a content smiling one after latching her on is quite fulfilling. Don't know when I want to stop BF also. Initially thinking of stopping if I go part time cos paiseh to pump at work if only working 4 hours but boss can't spare manpower, cannot give me a confirmed date. If still working full time, then might as well, continue to pump twice in office. :p

Called a few tour agencies but all say Nov- Dec rates not out yet but natas fairs is only next week. Don't know whether can book then. :p

I found that this time round my baby is a bit slower as compare to the previous 2 elder kids. Actually until now I have not given him solid yet. Previously I started feeding him cereals but he doesn't seem to like it. Then he fell sick and I totally stop giving. Think tomorrow I have to start again.

godsent
add water/ milk when blending the puree for better texture.
the airline was... United Airlines.

mylife
no need to stop feeding la. if she can pass out the carrot, means it adds to her stool as bulk (ie fibre) right?

evening
i don't let my baby watch TV if i can help it. But if elderly carry him and face the TV, then i also bo-pian.

kitsune
today's Straits Times Classifieds... look at the SA Tours front and back page. This Sunday @ Suntec

re: baby knock head
>> after the knock/ fall, observe to see any abnormal signs. Eg if bb starts throwing up, then it's time to sound the alarm. O'wise just comfort him &amp; dun worri too much..

WendyG, thanks for the tip off.
happy.gif
ya I saw it this morning. Want to call and check, rates sound good but sometimes a lot of hidden costs, cos they always quote for cheapest airline and cheapest hotel. :p

ooh, i din know that. actually i v sian to squeeze with sunday crowd at suntec. weekends i avoid town like the plague. If it's just for an additional toiletries bag, i may skip it &amp; book with them on the phone..

kitsune,
Are u gg HK F&amp;E ? Try Zuji online package (flight+hotel), sometimes much cheaper than gg thru tour agency! The other time i book with ASA holidays 5day4nite F&amp;E to HK by CX &amp; staying Langham was $926/pax incl taxes. We paid additional S$60 to ASA for 2 tix to Ocean park plus city tour. Quite worth it
happy.gif

Godsent,

maybe you can start with fruit puree, which is easier to make since no steaming/boiling is needed, and baby is more readily to take as it tastes better? After you get the feel of making puree and how much your baby like the puree (texture, add water/milk or not) then you come back to make vege puree.

I would recommend avocado and banana. Easy to make, you can even mash the fruit with spoon/fork. Ready to feed your baby in a few minutes! Note if give banana, have to make sure banana has totally ripen (skin turning black), read that unripen banana is harmful to baby.

And feed them solid only when they start to get hungry, like 2 hours after milk, or 1 hour before milk time.

kitsune
hey u're right, the cheapo S$698 rate was quoted for hotel @ Tsing Yi.. near disneyland, far away fr kowloon. For Langham, they charge S$1048 per person. And hv to make my way to Suntec on Sunday to book.
sianz. maybe i just stick to my regular travel agy.

babyling

juz to share on travelling w bb alone n life in US. i travelled w my son when he is 6 mths 2 days on 4th july to US on united airline. whole journey 26 hrs ++, with 2 transit.
first leg (sin to narita)
when chk in, no more bassinet available even though the ticketing person put remarks that i need it. i request for free upgrade but not successful. end up i pay 100++ to get upgraded to economy plus. on the plane, the stewardess discourage me to let bb sleep inside cos the bassinet is placed on the floor type n if there is turbulance, got to carry him. the stewardess encourage me to move to empty seats where i can let baby sleep across the seats. so i feel the upgrade is waste of money ... n the best thing is my boy slept on my arm throughout the whole journey. as mention by some mommies, feed bb or hv pacifier on when take off. do not feed immediately when plane start moving. there is a pt where plane is stop on the runway ready to take off then start feeding them cos if bb feed too fast, they will finish the drinks n plane not yet take off. another thing to chk when on plane is which toilet has changing table to chg diaper. they provide bb jar food on plane so do enjoy. my boy couldn't enjoy it cos hv not started solid food yet ...
the staff on board r very nice n very helpful. got help me to put my luggage up the storage area ... i was carrying 2 handcarry bags, brought my computer notebook n it is damn heavy. so it is really nice to hv their help. oh yes, u can push stroller all the way to the aerobridge n leave it there. the staff will give u some tag at the boarding gate for u to claim ur stroller later. when u alight from the plane n want to collect ur pram, wait at the aerobridge immediately stepping out of the plane. it will take sometime for them to retrieve the stroller.

2nd leg (narita to san frans)
the staff r not helpful on my hand carry luggage. got to do it on my own. but one gd thing is they upgrade me to economy plus as there is 2 empty seats n oso, the bassinet can be hang onto the wall instead of putting on the floor. tried letting bb sleep in bassinet but he wakes up almost immediately when place there. so again, i carry him for the whole journey, taking meals w one hand...

3rd leg (SF to salt lake city)
flight delay by 1:10 mins. basically a nightmare clearing the US custom... damn ya ya staff n i juz wan to slap them. after clearing custom, pick up luggage, drag a short distance n check luggage in to domestic line. the domestic chk in was another nightmare, take out shoes, take out computer (actually at all boarding x-ray must take out), carry baby n have to fold the stroller with no help... n after x ray have to pack everything again... with no help... there is no bassinet for domestic flight so baby on my arms again...

so all in all, bb slept on my arm throughout the journey n the side effect after that is that my boy refuse to sleep on bed. Once i put him down on bed, he will cry n wake up. had a real hard time struugling for 1st week when arrive. another chges with bb is he now wakes up every 3 hrly at night for milk. n during day time, he refuse to drink when awake, got to make his sleep then can force him to drink milk. am still struggling with taking care of baby n suffer from not enough sleep.

bb fall off bed...
my boy fall off the high bed 2 days ago even i put pillow as barrier... luckily the floor has carpet as he might be injured as the bed is really high.

block milk duct...
i suffered from it 2 times within 3 days... very very painful... 1st time took 6 hrs to clear, n 2nd time took 18 hrs ... keep pumping, massaging, hot compress, put lettuce (no cabbage in fridge)... though clear the blockage, the breast still feel sore n painful after 4 days... over here if want to see doc must take appt n wait 2 days... guess breast will explode by then ...

looking forward to weekend so can go out to shop, shop n shop ...

Tongtong8, Shannonbaby,
I have pm-ed you regarding the contact for organic food delivery!

mylife,
I also dunno if we are suppose to feed twice a day leh. it's my MIL's reccomendation. So far I am letting my gal have cereal in the morning, followed by a puree during lunch/dinner. Is this too much to start with?

wendyg
We also do not let our baby watch TV. But my ILs like to carry her and when she frets, they will put her right in front of the TV. Tried hinting and directly explaining to them that we do not wish to let baby watch TV. They conviniently dismiss it, saying it's not extensively proven that TV is bad, all speculations, babies are not really watchin, just looking at the flashes of light and sound yada yada.... So like you say, I also bo-pian.

bbdear,
OMG, your flight experience with bb weiyu very Xiong! *Hugs* I cannot tahan the long hours from SIN to LA too, almost drive me crazy during the 2nd leg...let alone having a baby with me!
You take good care k.
When u coming back SIN ?

Back