(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

since the topic for the day is retrenchment, here's my 2-cents worth. i guess a few momsies here know i'm with AIA. decided to join them after kayla was about 6-months-old. felt i needed a job tat can earn the income n yet timing is flexible so that i can spend time with my darling.

so far, i have what i seek to achieve
happy.gif
and economy bad, yes sales slower, but i dont have to worry about retrenchment. spend more time with kayla lor. hahaha..

any moms IF IF IF kenna retrenched and wanna give my line of work a chance, pls call me at 96884572. will be glad to share with like-minded moms my lifestyle
happy.gif

Pauline,
Kids have six sense as well. Maybe she knows that u are preggy. When I had #2, my #1 was impossible. The more u said, mummy cannot carry, they more they lcing to you like Koala bear.

what will you do if you get retrenched?
I wana be SAHM but hb dun allow. mayb a few mths of SAHM den have to find jobs liao.

-describe immediate reactions
PAY ME MY RETRENCHMENT BENEFIT n i will leave the coy 24 hrs! :p no feelings here.

-describe measures you will take to cut costs
Spree lesser.
dun buy too many things for my darlings. they have enuf toys to keep them occupied.
dun allow anyone to onz my heater for few hrs per day!

pixie,
I small fry in a big organisation. not even boss. jz have a few clerks under me nia.
sad.gif

mylvera
you need heater at home? you mean water heater?
yours is gas or tank kind?
u mean its always on all the time?

pixie,

4get to ans yr qn on HPT. mine is those that nids to dip in urine type.

my heater is those tank type. my previous maid (the one u saw) onz it for at least 8 hrs per day??? till we scolded her.

mylvera
ok. that means must get cup?
hey i super lazy, can dip into toilet bowl or not? dilute with water, not zhun liao rite? haha
or can pee onto the strip?

erm... i learnt a trick ... u empty the packet, take out the strip, urine into the packet n dip the strip into the packet lor :p no nid dilute.

mylife,
I should be going in the morning and will stay there until mid-afternoon? All depends on the weather and how tired my boy, or rather we are...heehee. You try to go on 9th as well lor...then we'll most likley see each other there
happy.gif

topic for the day:
-what will you do if you get retrenched?
i will be a SAHM
happy.gif
...waiting for that day to happen. Oops, I also scared my mgt spying on me in here then how?
How much is the retrenchment benefits $$$$$...haha.
Cut down on shopping and cook everyday
happy.gif

pixiepixel/kam,
I agree, who don't surf net??? But ultimately if boss don't like you also get retrenched even if you are a good worker...that's life! I suspect my mgt also spying on us cos' big boss told all HODs to monitor amt of time staff spend on the web. My question is: I have completed all my work and there's nothing to do, can't I surf the web??? At least I'm not chatting on the phone or chit-chatting with other staff. Business is bad and workload has reduced as a result, it's not my fault and there's nothing I can do about it since the company's credit rating has gone down due to bad investment decisions of the mgt...not our wrongdoing but we get blamed for it!? And people (me lor) who don't "sa ka" the bosses will be disliked even more...

mylvera,

I used the same trick as you, about the hpt. Too troublesome to get a container ready right, just recycle the packet :)

Yvonne,

I am applying for the Friends of the Zoo membership. If I get it in time, most likely I will visit zoo also on the 9th April, then can meet you there :)

Pixie,

Topic for the day:
-what will you do if you get retrenched?
> Look for another job immediately. And to spend time and my boy (and #2) until I get a neew job.

> Oh no, it's the economy so bad or something wrong with me? Pray that hubby keeps his job securely.

> Sure no retrechment package for me. So have to do everything and anything I can to cut cost - look after my boy on my own to save infant care centre fees, sell the car, and considering moving back to Malaysia, can't go for nice restaurant, etc.

kam
harnor, i think immediate measures would be cook at home, less shopping, look after kids at home

i just ate my lunch - yest's dinner leftovers. like that, no need spend $$ on lunch. go out lunch, buy this buy that, very tempting one

i dun like greenhouse....i went there for weekday lunch.....expensive and disappointment

you can try carousel at park royal (at orchard...where DFS is) or the line at shangri la. wide spread and cheaper

go irodori lor
qq's uncle open one ler
ala carte jap buffet lunch, UOB got discount. hey i got voucher! (1 dines free with 2 paying adults)

u want jap buffet? while researching for a good one, i found many. can tell u which ones

pixel and mylvera thanks for helping me to recommend
happy.gif

Mei, if we meet on 11 after 1pm then I can make it ...

QQ
help recommend got discount if i go next time or not? :p
u want my food reviews? im a honest customer. feedback is the best to improve heehee

<font color="ff0000">GATHERING WITH MYLIFE and Little Rylee! </font>
<font color="ff0000">Date: 11th Apr Sat
Time: 3-5pm.
</font>
Venue: Go Go Bambini http://www.gogobambini.com/promotions

Child 2-11 yrs = S$15 for 2 hrs play (unlimited for wkday)
Child <2 = S$5 unlimited play
Adult = Free (finally!! we are free!!)

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+1">Mummies below, please confirm your attendance</font></font>:
01) mylife - 10th/11th ok. Anytime 1pm-8pm.
02) valencia - weekend (my jan08 contact list no your contact. can u pm me details?)
03) luvv - 10th ok
04) grumpus - 10th/11th ok
05) angelsky - depending on which days
06) blessed serene - 10th ok. 11th after 1pm ok.
07) VioletIce - Saturdays - No preference in timing
08) mei - tbc

09) cheryl - 10th/11th ok. 12pm or 1pm
10) dorothoy - 11th ok. 12pm or 1pm
11) icy - tbc
13) babynikkiong - 10th/11th ok
14) kitsune - 10th ok after 3pm.
15) sg_audrey - 10/11th ok. (i don't have your contact details in Jan08 contact list. can you pm me details? tks)
16) elmo_78 - 10/11th ok
17) mom2nat - 10th tbc
18) mcfluffy - tbc
19) godsent - tbc

20) QQ - ok

pixel ahahha can lah feedback .... i will let my uncle know hahah ..... i oso no discount leh hahahah

QQ
ok no discount nevermind

ok here goes my reviews, in a mixture of good and bad:-
-sashimi, overall good.
-shishamo, fried. noooo good. it was tough and rubbery
-teapot soup, good. my gf liked it but i think very tasty coz its like msg-laden
-i liked the grilled cheesy-roe prawn that was complimentary. shiokssss
-chawanmushi, ok. tasted better ones before
-hand rolls, generally OK
-some fried stuff a bit hard, like the pork and chicken. some fried stuff came up very hot and crispy. dunno issit because those a bit hard ones, oredi fried quite some time liao?
-tempura, average. the batter is not good enough. hence, eaten better ones before
-the cold noodles, miso soup, hand pressed sushi all ok, coz my gfs took and never complain leh heehee

but i never touched hand pressed sushi/handrolls coz i thought it was so common everywhere. so a lot of things kena striked out liao...so in the end i didnt eat much but still very full leh

enemum,
have u packed ur luggage? do u nid any stuff to bring to hk? i've disposable baby bibs, nestle white rice sachets and nestle brown rice sachets for sale/exchange.

QQ
it was a recommended dish but when it came out, it was hard like crazy, and so tough to chew off, became rubbery!
maybe we got an unlucky plate lol

pixel ok i will let my uncle kw heehee .... thanks for the review ... i guess is also up to individual lah like or no like
happy.gif

not that I side my uncle or what but is really up to individual tasting .....

Back