(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

for the sake of easier pregnancy & birth, i gotto keep exercising thru the months. Aiming to keep weight gain at 10kg...
read abt the horrors of pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes (i'm in high risk group), so gotto be a bit more disciplined & healthy this time round..

Hi All,
Who can tell me when is the best time for ultrasound? and is it safe for me to travel oversea? i'm coming to 5wks pregnant.

evelyn: in a food lab, doing research, deals with some micro & chem work at times. ya, i continue to do my usual duties during my 1st pregnancy. but towards, the last tri, i was just given paper work & reports to write.

joyce: i m travelling overseas for a holiday in 2 wks' time. gynae told me tat air pressure dun affect. However, I may not be able to enjoy my holiday as my MS may be at its peak.

just to share how i improvised my clothes for 1st pregnancy.

for skirts, i bought those stretchable ones from m)phosis and osmose which i can wear pre and post.

for pants, i wore unzip, fold them in and wore a tube of same color around the hip to cammouflage. long blouse to cover too. And I could wear them till full term...

i chose to go btwn 6-8wk for my first U/S, coz earlier than that maybe only see sac. Today 7.5wk can see heartbeat liao, so more "worth it" dun need to go back 2-3wks later etc.

with #1, everything dunno, wk5 can't see anything, was kept anxious and wondering if i was indeed pregnant.. had to go back again wk7-8 then saw heartbeat.. so could've saved the $$ from the wk5 visit lor.

fishia
wow, your pants wun drop?? *salute*
i like those "full coverage" pants/ panties that stretch up to the waist. A bit more support. hee hee

ya lor...unzip pants wont drop ah....

i wanna wear my maternity pants cos more comfy but really scared that ppl will remember those pants of mine leh

but think cannot think too much...ppl ask...i will jus say that more comfy cos i seems to have put on some weight

shall do that tomorrow

golden pig,
cos the back still high up mah.
it's only the front that is folded in below tummy.

for me, i prefer those below tummy.
more comfy and won't see a line across.

hi!
mi too, wake up to pee almost every nitz..

i'm planning to go overseas for a short trip in july, but now dont kw can make it anot? gotta ask gynae next wk.. sorry, can i kw wen is 1st trimester? how to calculate?

joyce, where you going

i just came back from trip two weeks ago leh....

now planning another one during second trimester...but dunno by then want to travel or not. By then, i dun think can help my hubby to carry our son

this son of mine dun sit in pram one

Thanks eRnMum.

Thanks Wei Lin. i'll be leaving next wk end by tat time will be 6wk. agreed with u, i might not be enjoying the trip as well. I thot of cancel the trip but will be going with fil so don't think so can... somemore going back to his hometown in china so worry.... abt the foods, the weather,etc......

wRnMum, u must be very tired cos still have to take care of yr son. But i believe yr hubby will help u. i be leaving to china. will fly to guangzhou and next day by road abt 5hrs den reach destn.

for me, i only told my close colleagues n sisters. it was my big-mouthed hubby who went to tell my pils. then my pils informed their parents. *headache*

i so sian .... my ofc downstair the shop is moving out and some renovating all the knocking and drilling making me sick!!!

my hubby told his mother the day i tested on test kit.
And guess what. My MIL told his aunt and his cousin called and asked him abt it.
I bet most of his closer relatives knew already.
I was so mad with him for days and kept calling him big mouth and staring at him often.. haha.

And these were all before I told my mum.

weilin my hubby oso hahah tell whole world I am preggie cos he change his display name to he is Gonna be daddy soon faintz!

i'm also going away for church camp next week. will be on the road for 3 hours.
think must prepare some ginger tea and sour plum for my MS.

my husband announced to my parents & his mom today.. they seem a bit shocked. Wonder why?!?!
My #1 is already 22m....

qingqing,
your hubby so funny.. hahaha. he must be really happy!

for those who will be travelling,
must take care yah. don't tire out. must rest often...

yes maybe it's coz they're so TIRED. 2 of them handling my #1 for half day already tire them out. But husband and i will consider other options, eg employ maid or send #1 to full-time childcare etc.

hahahah i told my mil myself abt it ..... is on mother's day hahahah
cos my mil say grandma dreamt that one of the ancestor bring one baby to her and walk off liao ... so ah ma told us dunno is for me or for my husband cousin hahahah

ya my husband is super happy .... that he put that on his display name hahah .... sometimes he is oso cute ...
and the thing is that when I tested he is not ard he is out of town for work loh .... so he double kan cheong kept asking me why no ask gynae to confirm again hahahah

i also thinking of employing a maid by then but financially will be very shiong. cos i'm a PTWM.

i can't bear to send my son to childcare leh. haha. that's why i quit my job and work part time.

eRnMum, i don't think so... i haven't tell my pil and my parents that i'm preggy. i'm still struggling to tell them this week or after the trip.

joyce,
I think you should tell them before the trip. at least they'll watch out for your safety and rest frequently...

Heehee...though no.2 but my hb seems very excited too. Hope this time is boy since the first is a girl..heehee..then can close shop liao..

PIL knew on mothers' day when we went out dinner. Din expect my hb to tell them there and then. Anyway, no different in treatment also. Never have special things to eat...always eat packed dinner these days..

Aiyo!

talkin abt food, last nitz i drank winter melon soup cooked by my hubby.. oh no! then juz chat wif my sis and realise we cant tak it..
uhoh.gif

now i eating chocolate to heat up my body becos yest tak too "liang" stuff..

wow winter melon is liang one leh .....

but ur hubby so sweet to cook my hubby only kw how to cook maggi mee

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. Just started reading this thread today. I guess I'm going to be a first time mum
happy.gif
Just saw a normal GP and was told that my due date abt 10 Jan 08! When I used pregnancy calculator online, it says I'm about 6 weeks, also don't know correct or not...do you think it's too early to see a gynae? My first apt that I made is this Sat..hope that all will be well...

On reading some of the symptoms u ladies feel, I wonder if mine is ok too...stomach feels crampy every now and then, a bit nauseaus at times, but no food craving. Tend to wanna pee more too..and stomach seem to have a lot of gas...keep burping..sometimes like indigestion too..
sad.gif

qingqing: my hubby oso out of town wen i break e news to him... hahaaa! my hubby seldom cook for mi, one mth once only.. he's always overseas.

actually i dont intend to tell anybody yet except my hubby.. but juz cant keep e news too long fr them so now my parents, inlaws & closed frz kw abt it.

hammies03 welcome ...... i do feel stomach crampy oso ... my gynae told me is cos the womb is expanding ... so no worries
happy.gif

Back