(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

angelsky, thks..noted cancellation

Arghhh...I am so tired. Did dreamfeed at 11pm n thot my bb can sleep better but from 1 plus am till 6am, he's been getting up crying n
I fed like 1.5hly. Feel like after I finish feed not even 30min-1h, he cries again. Dunno izzit I bf him lying down n I fell asleep or his diapers leaked...I hope he will sleep better for today. Yesterday day naps were disaster as well - 30 min catnaps after crying when I tried carry him nap even...help ah!

hi icy,babe, windy and angelsky,
since most of you prefer to go for the positive infant trial next mon, i will cancel the mummy and yoga session today, sorry unable to logon frequently cos i am still in the hospital with my bb.

pampers

When u mummies use pampers, are u using pampers premium or pampers skin dry? I am using pampers skin dry, the cheaper one. For S size, it's 46 pieces for about $11+.

violetice

Can I ask when u said your avent bottle will drip.. is it dripping from your baby's mouth or the neck of the bottle?

I switched to teat no. 2 yesterday. I just noticed that my son doesn't have to suck so hard. Otherwise, the feeding time is the same.

babe

I 'stuffed' my baby with milk at about 11pm every night. I give him a little extra but sometimes, he just fall asleep without finishing the whole bottle. But he still wakes up without fail every night at about 3am+. =( I told my mummy see if can pat pat him back to sleep. But I look at my son at 3am+ when he wakes up, he is all ready for his feed. Give up liao.

today my girl record daytime nap - slept fr 10am this mornin until now still sleeping - that's more than 3 hrs! shd i wake her up to feed or let her continue sleeping ah? if according to EASY routine, means i shd wake her up rite?

QQ, mind i ask if u are hypo or hyper? I'm hypo(lack of). My Medication is higher now and slightly hyper.
Im only 4weeks from birth,but my milk supply horrile, i pump only 3-4times aday w/o latch and ea pumping session can get ard 500ml..my ss does not seem to be affect by my thyroid..

verene

Mmm... I really can't tell the difference though. I like it as it's thin. So far, I find the absorbancy for urine quite good. Bc when I touch the inside, still remains dry. For poo poo, my son likes to move about a lot. So with huggies, drpers, pampers and nepia, all got leak before. Oer perhaps I am using the wrong size?

For pampers baby dry S size, it's as big as huggies and drypers M size. Just measured, pampers S size is slightly longer than huggies M size. I like pampers re-sealable tab. I don't like drypers' plastic strip on the tummy. Very hard like that. =(

Oh I made a mistake. It's called Pampers baby dry.

When all of u said pampers, I wonder which pampers are u all refering to. As Pampers premium size S is $26+ for 56 pieces i think. very exp.

any recommendations on nappy cream to treat skin allergy?

my bb got nappy rashes since las week, been using the drapolene cream but it doesnt help.is there any off-the-shelf cream which is gd?

jace:got it, thks. but my wrist is even more painful today, i guess i may need a jab.will endure another day before i go.

violetice , sassy,
taka baby fair:
i wanna go too! my CL still with me, so either i leave Isaac with her at home, or i pack both of them into a cab and brave the crowd together...

baby wipes:
i'd tried Pigeon, which is as good as Huggies, thick and good;

ntuc, not so good, though it is among the cheapest, coz it's thin and sometimes "soapy" feel... i finish one bottle of 200s (about $5 per bottle) within 8-9days, same rate as pigeon and huggies...and i need to pre-tear the sheets off first before i start unwrapping the soiled diapers...

going to try goo.n wipes after i finish my ntuc ones...

steph:
AIA healthshield and Pink of Health:
did you deliver at a Parkway hospital (e.g. Mt E etc)? i did and another AIA agent gave out brochures about free 6mths Gift of Love plan... supposedly the ENhanced version of that Gift of Love exceeds the protection coverage provided by healthshied and PIH... me also confused now...

yvonne:
ntuc diapers-
i'd just tried them over the weekend... a bit tough, like drypers, and the tab behind is a bit long (i'd used M for 5-10kg, as compared to pampers size S 3-8kg, nepia size S as well for isaac)... so i use them for daytime only... nighttime i use nepia...

huggies ultra-
pretty good! soft and not so bulky... i feel it is better than pampers, dry as i find pampers dry's strip of cotton pad narrow compared to the rest...huggies ultra is supposedly a competitor of mamy poko, which is slightly more expensive... i'd tried pampers premium for NB, which was pretty good as well, definitely better than pampers dry!

violetice:
i'd tried isaac (6wks now) with No.2 yesterday... flow still too fast for him, so will drip from mouth... when i put him to my breast, if ss too fast, he will choke as well...so changed back to No.1 for now...

kel,
i feel desitin creamy way better than drapolene for nappy rash... can buy from guardian... or bulk purchase lor... not sure for skin allergy tho... can try but if it does not get better, better see PD ya!

my baby girl record, she slept at 1 am last night after playing with grandpa and grandma, which I know not supposed to, but after they bottle fed her, she wanted to play, which is a bad habit. But after all the play and poo and pee, she fell asleep till 730am this morning, thank god for giving mama more sleep, then I latch her coz she make all the eh eh sound, then she slept till 1030 am before waking up to bath and drink her milk. But recently her milk intake like decrease, or rather she take a very long time to finish and then halfway she will fall into deep sleep.

She can start at 1030 to drink, then 10-15 mins later, gek sai poo and then need to change coz very pek chek backside dirty, change her then drink milk again, then gek sai, then change and then drink, then not finish yet, she sleep.

Should I wake her up? But difficult le, when she sound asleep, she will just nibble and drink and take super long.

I like pampers
happy.gif

AhCapp, you mean there is different types of pampers? So far, the ones I bought is green and yellow for new born.

Nappy rash, I have jurlique and destiny and drapolene, I alternate, if quite bad then I use drapolene and destiny, if so so only I use jurlique. If nothing, I dont use, I just apply moisturizer over her body.

Taka Baby fair, I also wanna go, but usually very crowded right?

Baby car seat, anyone tried their baby car seat and for the back can fit in, but the front seat cannot? I know by right cannot put the car seat in front becoz of the air bag, but then my car front seat no air bag, can I still put the car seat in front? Becoz if I go out with her alone, I dont wanna leave her behind on her own le, I wanna see her when I drive.

Avent teats, I read on the manual that if its breastfeed babies, at any age, they can still use newborn teats and 1 month old teats right? I dont have to move on to 3 months? Or must?

kel

try desitin cream, i think you can get it from the pharmacy. if you find tat its good, check out this forum sprees. its much more cheaper if u get it from the spree.

re:wipes
i just tried tollyjoy unscented wipes (packet form) and found them to be similar to pigeon wipes. Furthermore, they're cheaper.

wendyg,
my gal also takes small but frequent meals. She takes about 80ml and can last about 2 hours only. Never ever stretch to 2.5 or 3hrs before in the day time. At night, on good nights, sometimes can sleep 4 hours but on normal nights, it's 2-3hrs. Wish she can drink more and last more but often she cannot finish. Or finish liao, she vomit out.

my gal also doesn't sleep much in daytime. Maximum nap time is 1hr. Take so long to coax her to sleep but she just nap 1hr. Haiz...

Ah capp,
I've been lazy and notwaking up regularly to pump at night (mum helping me with bottle feeding at night) and think now got one super persistent blocked duct. Just cannot remove it... I massaged with hot bottle until sooooo painful still there. Sigh!

kel ya use desitin creamy is good ... am using that think it cost $11 at unity.....

jeslyn b4 I am preggie from hyper i become hypo all the way .... and i gain 20kg becos of that from then onwards weight no go down ... then when my thyroid stabalise i am given green light to have baby all went well till i give birth. After 1 mth i give birth went to check blood ...... doc say now become hyper so lower down my dosage of medicine.
Re: BM

I think depends on individual oso bah ....

mcfluffy

I think with someone helping us to do the night feeding, it sure becomes difficult to wake up to pump milk. =P

Try again and again and again to massage away the block. It took me 12 hrs just to get my pamela anderson boob away the other time. Can u imagine I was using hot stone, hot towel and I was in the hot shower for 1/2hr? =S Nightmare.

sassy

The taka baby fair is good as u can get basically everything there. There are usually some good buys like the Pigeon steriliser deal which I got there.

Price wise, I still prefer those 20% off regular price sales.

angelsky

The yellow and green pampers pack is the more exp one. Pampers dry is the red pack.

Here is the difference:

http://www.pampers.com.sg/pro_h.htm

Taka Baby Fair
so envious, i wanna go!!
sad.gif

mcfluffy
Afternoon nap 1 hour is ok. In fact, it's good, too long will interfere in their night time feed, too short , they will be too tired and fitful at night

babe
how is ur ss now? hope it has improved!
happy.gif

kelmummy
me too using Desitin creamy. Very good.

Diapers
I walked around HK's supermarket and pharmacies. Can only find Pampers and Huggies. Dont have Mammy Poko. I was using the yellow and green newborn, then upgrade to Newborn S size. Even that is abit tight for rylee now. So i just switch to a newly launched Pamper range in HK. I think rylee fleshy in the thigh area...jus like mommy. kekeke. I found Nepia but only got S and L size. Is it true Nepia dont have M size?

birthday wishes
thanks wendy, angelsky, qq, kitsune. Sorry if i missed out anyone!
happy.gif

Yesterday i tried bottle feed EBM Rylee. Disaster! I think she too used to my nipple. She resisted pacifier, now reject bottle teats as well. Many of us tried, hubby, sister, my mom. She kept pushing out the plastic teat with her tongue and do puking sound, then scream loudly like we wan to slaughter her. Calmed her down, tot ok liao, immediately put the bottle in, she will cry again! How to dream feed? BF dream feed quite difficult.

mcfluffy,

did u receive my pm regarding the nepia & Goo.n's diaper?
cos my gal nt feeling well, tat's y nv log in for quite sometimes liao...

mylife

Nepia has M size. I have 2 packs at home right now.

Just wondering if it's because the teat is too hard for her? Maybe can try teats like NUK which are soft, like nipples. Avent teats should be out as they are pretty hard.

nap time

My son has been sleeping and sleeping quite a lot for past few days. Don't know why but he sort of forgotten about his 3 hourly feed time like that. I have to wake him up.

If your baby sleeps pass the 3 hourly feed time, do u wake your baby up for feed? I do so for day time but not for night time.

mspiglet,
You have PM!

mylife,
it's rare that my gal can sleep for 1hr lor. Everyday got once good enough. Usually, cat naps. And must carry carry carry carry. How is my mum going to take care of her when I go to work?

And ya, try NUK latex teats like what Ah Capp said. My gal tried NUK latex teats and never looked back. Unfortunately. Heh.

Ah Capp,
Mine is not entire breast hard leh. Just one small lump but a few days already. Scared it's something else!

Hi there
Sorry to intrude on this thread, I'm from the June '08 MTBs and we are desperately looking for good massage ladies. Can we check whether you all have any good massage ladies to recommend for post natal massage pls? Thanks!!
happy.gif

mcfluffy

Hmm.. I noticed that there is a small lump in my left breast too. Now that u talk about it, I think I better check with my gynae when I see her this Fri. But recently, I didn't notice it or maybe I sort of used to it already. Let me go check check during my next pumping session...

I noticed a lot of babies here take very short naps here. Mine has been sleeping for past 2 hours after his last feed. Aiyo, sometimes i worry he sleeps too much and can't sleep at night. =(

ahcapp
thanks...dunno why they never carry M size here. Got some other US organic diaper brand. Dare not try cos all big packets, buy oredi if got rash jialat!

mcfluffy
me too need to carry rylee to coax her to sleep. Yday she doesnt wan to sleep aftnoon nap. Max only slept for 45mins. Then from 5pm slept all the way to 8-ish...!

I also dunno where to buy the NUK latex teats here in HK. I only got some leftovers from wat i bought in Sg last time. If using NUK, do we also need to buy NUK bottles cos all my bottles are Avent!

mylife...ss still no good. After 3h without latching can only pump out 80ml after 15-20min pumping...sian...

Dunno y like that with everything...muz say i haven't have a good night sllep after his birth...

My boy now at 8+wks only 4.3kg...put on 200g or so/wk for the past 2 weeks. is it too low? Still tbf him..wonder if I shld start to supplement..

AhCapp
When using the Avent bottle, milk will dripped from Ian's mouth. He's using Teat No.1. When using Pigeon bottle, he's using Small size teat.

Pinkstars
I didn't know Huggies got wipes. How much is it and how many pieces? Good as Pigeon? Thinking of trying cheaper wipes since usage alot..

Angelsky
Taka fair is crowded but I think if go on Thursday, crowd will not be as bad as Friday and weekends. My car seat I placed behind bec of air bag and also it's safer. My hubby drives baby when he's alone too and he placed it behind diagonally.

Sassy
Last Taka fair, I also bought the Avent Sterilizer there and a few bits and pieces stuff. Will go since I'm starting work next week, might as well shop while I can. Plus, I don't like going Taka on weekends so Thursday is good for me.

violetlce

I still no courage to go anywhere with her alone. Going up and down the shopping centre is already so troublesome, especially when there are no lifts in some shopping centre, I dont dare to bring her down the escalator on the stroller, I scared I garung gabo then lose my grip on the stroller
sad.gif
But would love to go to the baby fair on Sat though.

Yup behind is safer for the car seat, so far the seat is behind, but I have never gone out alone with her yet, will try later and drive around see if she ok
happy.gif
Else imagine halfway down the expressway, she starts wailing.

Anyone's baby sleep, will make a lot of noise? Sometimes cry, sometimes aggitated?

Anyone knows wat is the best way to put bb down to bed? Each time I put him down, he wakes up crying. And a little bit of noise he wakes up. Sigh...

Ahcapp dun wake ur baby up for feeding ... baby willwake up when they are hungry ...... and when they are sleeping they are developing their organs .... so is a no no to wake them up

Re: Diapers

I have M size EQ and huggies dry at home ...... ordered nepia and is has jus being delivered .....this evening GooN diapers will arrive oso

mom2nat ... try let him sleep with maybe some tv on oso .... train him ... i am doing that now i play mj oso can my precious sleep bo chup and i bring her to our estate CNY celebration Got GE TAI she sleep so soundly oso hack care whats gg on ....

when u put baby down .... if he cry pat him instead of carry him immediately .....

QQ

Ok, point noted. =)

mom2nat

My CL reminds me to use my free hand to hold his arms together on his chest when I put him down. My baby has this tendency to startle when I put him down. So when I use my free hand to hold onto his arms together onto his chest, he won't startle so much and wake up so easily.

angelsky

When my baby is about to wake up, he will make lots of "ah pek" noise. Mm.. like.. "errrr...", "growling" noise. Just like an old man.

violetice

Sounds like the flow is too fast for your darling. =( Position of your baby perhaps? I read we need to position our baby at 45deg angle during feeding.

I encountered leak from the bottle neck just now. I suspected I didn't screw the cap properly. I think I lost 1/2 of my precious EBM! =(

rE: NUK teats
i'm not a fan of NUK, but my baby seems to prefer NUK to Avent & Pigeon. How to tell the difference between NUK teats size 1 & size 2? I can't see any marking on the teat ley. Husband told me to use marker pen to write on the teat. haha.

Mom2nat, I read that before but my PD says should put on 1 kg by 1 mth that's y I panic...now I juz see if his night waking is persistent n take note of wt gain...hopefully go up well..

Those latching, when bb suckle got like v pek chek keep pulling at nipple? Mine been doing that today..

Angelsky
If that's the case, maybe you go to the Taka fair with your hubby on Sat then you won't have to bring your baby there alone. Or get someone to help you take care for a few hours if it's feasible..As for car seat, maybe you drive baby around the nearby area and see how she is. I think normally, babies will fall asleep in car seat as they enjoyed the movement and sound of engine, similar to when they were inside our womb. My Ian sleeps frequently in our car seat everytime we go out. He will look outside the window then slowly his eyelids will droop.

Mom2Nat
Last time Ian also wakes whenever we put him down. I know it's against all sound advise but I carry him till he's in a deep slumber or half deep slumber then put him down. I try to hug him close to me and continue to let him feel my body until the last moment so he feels secure.

AhCapp
Think I'll stick to Teat No.1 and see how it goes. Maybe you're right, I let him drink in sleeping position thus the dripping, later will try to adjust to 45 degrees. Thanks for the tip. Aiyo, waste of BM leh, better check the screw of the bottle cap next time.

hi michelle,

Zander weigh 4.7kg at 8wks. Now 9wks, not sure how much he put on but the newborn diapers that he is still wearing now is very tight! I still left abt 20pcs of newborn diapers, trying to finish them asap & upgrade to S size
happy.gif

violetIce,
Yes, Zander can smile to me but most of the time, he smiled more to my MIL who is also the caregiver. Me jealous:p

babe
perhaps u're too tired and too stressed up over your ss liao. Maybe u can supplement abit, and take a good sleep, rest and pump? Then again, perhaps ur bb small eater leh?

steph,

me too. At first my Gisele smile more to my hubby and mum, then now more balance already. Maybe u need to know e tatics to make her smile.

Steph
When did Zander first started smiling? Ian also smiles but it's as and when, not regular smiles like when we play with him.

Kel,
Diaper Rash
Are you seeing more rashes as compared to a week ago? If yes, bring BB to see a GP or PD. They will prescribe potassium permanganate solution. You will have to soak BB's butt in it and rashes will clear up.

If there's no increase in the rashes quantity, use cotton wool soaked in warm water to wipe BB's butt when changing diaper or after a massive poo. Then slap on with Desitin.

For me, I will use warm water to clean the butt early in the morning cos diaper has been worn for long hours and bacteria is trapped inside.

violetIce,
i think he started smiling when he was abt 6wks. Sometimes he smile duing his sleep & when we talk/play wif him, not regular also as & when. That's why capturing a gd pix of him is difficult!

Back