(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Kam, my boss still hasn’t got time to talk to me on when would be my last day of service! I’m so angry now . I talked to HR just now, she said she sent her many emails but boss hasn’t read yet. Sigh.. yesterday I din cough , I tot I recovered liao. But today came back to office kept coughing, and kept running to the toilet to spit out my phlegm, siao liao.

Shannonbaby, I think bf mum is advised not to take coffee, or at most 1 cup only.

Hello mummies,

I have juz uploaded some of my DIY home pactice in my blog. Will like to share with the mummies here ;) Is very simple one & help to stimulate the kids memory. Some ideas are from shichida prog. My boy loves them so much & always keep asking for more. You can give it a try too esp SAHM ;)

U can find my blog url from Mei's contact list. Only for your eyes oki, heehee ;p

Coffee: can really keep you awake or energy up for the day? I never take coffee, so don’t know how it works leh. But I took tea before, and I din feel energetic, but more tiring because I couldn’t sleep .

Pixie, I have the same believe as u ! which made me onz when I was still bf.

shannonbaby, kam, ya I think it's ok bah. But I don't deliberately take coffee then BF immediately also. My morning BF is usually 9am and I drink cofee either at 9+am or 3+pm after RaeAnne's nap.

shannonbaby,
Then he may be teething, very likely. It took a few weeks to months till the tooth/teeth cut and they won't be comfortable until the tooth cut. Try teething gel? It worked for my girl.

I stopped BFing early was partly because of my hubby. He didn't want me to be so tired and he was very convinced XY will grow up well with the FM (judged based on HR). I stopped and spent more time with the kids and with hubby. I guess the harmony of the family is the most important. If I were ever to continue BFing, the only motivation is save money! The FM is so blooooooody ex!

JanBB,
Very creative woh :) Thanks for sharing!

Janbb, hey very good effort from you! I think I will have time to copy cat you liao when I am out from work. Hehe. Thanks for sharing!

shannonbaby,
I also bo chap, drink coffee every now and then becos I feel so tired!

But sometimes i do feel my girl become more alert during the day when I had coffee. Anyway she also seldom sleep in the day.. very different from her brother.

at first I tell myself to give at least 3 mths of BF, now I am not mind longer.. but I need Crystal to drink from bottle as well! Tmr I am meeting friend and yet mil dun like the idea that I am bringing my ger out. If my ger not with me, she will stave herself! That means I only can be outside within 2 hrs!!

kitsune,
Read from your blog that you want to buy a photo printer. You think worth it meh? I calculated the cost before and it's more expensive than printing from the shop leh. And also, if you don't use it frequently, the ink dried up and the cartridges wasted (happened to my old photo printer, which was a free gift). Quality good?

hmm, maybe i will just limit it to once a day, jus to be safe.

kam, I am jus like you. My hb is very convinced that my boy will grow up well with FM since all his friends are feeding their kids with FM too.

Kam & tongtong,
u are welcome, glad to share ;)

Have fun playing the games with your kids too.
Let me know if u need more theme. I got many more but didn't post there cos not so good in art, hahaha... dun think my boy know how to "laugh" at my low standard artwork, keke ;)

Stickers can be purchased at those neighbourhood store. Sooo cheap, the better ones are $1.50 or $1. And some are 10 for $1 but the quality is not so good. Need to add a pc of paper as a base.

Kam, read your blog that HR drank the whole coconut, you know what, Shaun just hates it that he spits out after drinking hehe.

Kam the quality better than photo lab cos it is fingerprint smudge free n 100% waterproof. My Bo Liao photographer friend soaked it for 1 day n 1 night as experiment. Haha. True that is same price as printing outside ie 30 cents each but I seldom get to go out as sahm so printing at home will be easier. See how lar, now the promo is only free cartridge n 120 pieces of paper. If got It show, should have better promo.

Janbb,
i like yr new blogskin, nice leh! Keep blogging
happy.gif

Kam,
Our tod so young can drink whole coconut ah? Will it be too liang aka cooling?

shannonbaby,
Sorry if I have done the opposite than motivate you to continue to BF. Strive a balance bah.

tongtong,
Hehe, S and HR have very different taste bud :) He loves coconut, he would say coconut many times a day, when he spots a coconut tree (lots on our journey back home) or when he sees a coconut in the shop. And he loves the coconut song too.

kitsune,
Eh, pardon me. But once photos are printed, we would either file them up in photo albums or frame them up. Why is it important to be fingerprint smudge and 100% waterproof? Printing now is as cheap as 19 cents and you can do it without leaving your house also.

steph,
You leh? Totally give up on blogging already ah?

We don't really care about cooling or heaty stuff one leh. As long as he can eat/drink/pee/poo/sleep as usual :) He had his first coconut a few months ago liao.

Hi mummies,

I am looking for a Personal Assistance to help me with the following:

1) Accounts keeping for my companies which includes
a) Data entry for expenses etc
b) Data entry for invoices
c) Preparation of invoice
d) Tracking of outstanding invoices

The applicant must have accounts background, is fluent in Excel and can setup a simple accounts keeping system, can read Chinese, able to work on a flexible time basis.

She should be able to travel to Tanah Merah (near MRT) once a week for a period of 4 hours to work in my home office (flexible arrangement). Email correspondence (for some simple data entry updating) for the rest of the time may be required.

Remuneration is negotiable.

If you think you are suitable or know someone who is, please email me at [email protected] with a simple resume, recent photo and your contact number.

Pls DO NOT PM as I do not check.

Thanks!

Kam, I always develop extras for my ILs, mum, aunty etc and I always see smudges on the photos because they like to take out their 'lau hua' specs and go through them before putting into album. Sometimes, I don't have time to separate my own set cos they are fresh from the photo lab and my photos get smudges too.

RaeAnne would take my photos out and kiss whoever she likes on the photo so waterproof is safest. As for developing at 19 cents each, I have not encountered such low rates and I suspect got to print by bulk. But I take and print photos as and when (either to give away or to submit to magazines) so can never hit that minimum number. Also, I did print as cheap as 20 cents before but the photo quality sucks. Bluish tint and colours are not rich so I don't bother to try again.

So, basically your needs and expectations are different from mine when it comes to photos. You take good ones by investing in a DSLR whereas with my limited skills and P&S camera, I can only try to develop the full potential of my 'good enough to print' photos.

Haha, why do I feel like I am being asked to write a paper to justify my photo printer budget to CFO? Thankfully, my hubby doesn't do that. And yes, you are pardoned. ;)

kitsune
the 20cents must hit moq of 200pcs i think...i always wait until 200pcs then print for 20cents...the quality is OK (not lousy, not fantastic)
19cents i tried before, from harvey norman. quality sux, and its 4R! means its shorter, and longer.
i always go for 4DR, its very suitable for your canon digicamera output

Pixie oic, no Harvey Norman near me so I never tried. So just need to email is it? That's why kam said no need to leave the house? How about collection? They can mail the prints to u too?

Last night, raeanne had hives, dun know triggered by what. Never gave her new med nor Bring her outside so no contact with grass etc. Luckily we have leftover chlormine syrup from Mei Mei so gave her some then apply calamine lotion n switch on air con for her. luckily we got new air con in march when the old air con conked out.

kitsune,
:) Thanks for writing the paper :) Ya, different purpose bah. We print in the amount of >500 per time so yes get good price for bulk printing :) Just last week, that uncle so blur, some of the file names ended with a (2)-(5), because some of the files have the same name so the PC helped to rename the file but adding a (x) at the end of the file. The uncle print multiple copies of those, and ended up he printed 120 extra copies (duplicates, triplicates, up to 5x)! But he kindly refunded me the $, and gave me all the printed copies cos he said he is going to throw them away anyway. My hubby said I was so mean, should have shared at least half the cost (not a lot lah). Duh, it's not my fault what, he couldn't call me to clarify mah.

<font size="+2">HELP!!</font>

Pauline, my cousin sister's clog is very serious and she is running a fever now, 37.5. The doc advised to do operation?!! issit necessary???? I tot just ger lactation consultant to massage it out and be administered with oral antibiotic will do??
Anyone knows??

tongtong,

I had very serious block ducts twice, as in no milk can come out at all, totally blocked. I just get mdm rokiah to massage and clear it for me.

tongtong,
Never heard of need operation leh for block duct. Can she find a good lactation consultant or some BFing support group in KL? Ask someone else to message for her, hub is the best, I think, if she can't get people like mdm rokiah. Or an experienced BFing mum to help?

Kam, when she came to my house, i already helped massage for her, the lumps under her breast are real hard and hard to massage out. Then i told her to see lactation consultant, she went but fully booked, so directed her to another dr. The other dr is a PD cum lactation consultant, she asked her to monitor and give some med, but din massage for her wor. cuz the clinic was full that day too. aiks, i think she din pump properly with her medela also. I have asked her to go to another lactation consultant liao.

tongtong, i dont think i have fever. but i cant really remember. I only know i tried massage or hot compass. all cannot work. So i called mdm rokiah for help. she got a shock when she saw me. All stuck and hard as rock.
Best is to see a lactation consultation.

Which pump is she using? Medela shld be good.

Tongtong, I remember mdm rokiah goes to Malaysia very often, u wanna check if she is free to see your cousin? Agree with the rest, operation is too drastic. I would apply cold cabbage every 2 hrs n take augmentin(antibiotics) from dr. Then try to massage n pump.

shannonbb, yea she is using medela. will tell her to use cold cabbage then.

pauline, how do you know Raeanne's rash is hives?

Tongtong
I had mastitis a few times when bf. Fever, and lump swollen and red. Bb need to feed in a diff angle and oso massage and pump. I din hear abt surgery. Dun use cabbage unless she wants to stop bf liao.

tongtong,
That dr/lactationist so weird, never helped to massage and suggested operation. Cannot be lah. Think if already very hard, pump no use leh, have to massage and massage till the blocked duct is cleared then can pump. I had it a few times, only through massage can clear. Only had fever once, but gone quite soon.

Tongtong, me, hubby both got hives before so we recognize it. Also hives is very peculiar, it spreads to different parts of the body once u scratch it.

Mom2nat, tmc LC advised a mummy with bad engorgement to apply cold cabbage about twice in 4 hours. They said if too swollen n hard must reduce swelling first, if not no matter how u massage also cannot come out.

pixie,

heeh dun wana mess the thread there ...

how to bring 3 monkeys to your hse to collect the books???

or u really very keen in seeing my monkeys? den i go ask hb if can bring all 3 there hahaha

Kam, it’s the hospital she went today that suggested her for surgery one, not the pd/consultant she went last week. I think the hospital not expert la, so suggested her this. The consultant she went that time din think that her case was serious so only give med. She asked my cousin to monitor ma. Think my cousin wasn’t hardworking enough to clear her clogs.

Pauline, oh, so is the hives covering whole body one? you know what, shaun kena rashes before and the GP we went said hives, but it wasn’t lor. We went to PD again n the Pd said was viral rash.

pixie,
Good mah. Good business woh. But sorry, cannot peng chang, cos I don't use flashcard, and I already got lots of workbook.

mylvera
pls lor, it was tough to bring in. must go thru concierge. so mah fan! yest i told my hb, if i can do this full time (and earn as much or more than i am earning now), i wanna be SAHM. he agreed wor!

tongtong
heehee thanks ah, i think alot of kids like wordworld leh. yest i show X, he pointed out all the characters to me. so excited

Back