2007 sahm n bf mom

and oh ya, when pple happened to know i'll prob come back society work when ds is 1.5 - 2yo (financial forbids!), i get mocked:'oh! called it quits so fast?! too bored???' v insensitive rite??

sighh...

jamie, agree w u totally!

agree w mami35 too. sahm r not easy man, its 24/7 job ok. can't even afford to take mc. sigh.. gov dun1 2 encourge womenfolk to stay at hm wan lah tats y benefits r more for working mums..

hey hey...

i'm still reading the threads.. been sooo busy lately... hopefully will have more free time after the 1 YO birthday party tomorrow!

chergamine,

how can ppl have such comments! just ignore this type of ppl.. i wonder what our society had became. haiz.. even the government seemed to encourage people to give birth and dump to childcare centre (increasing childcare subsidy and FTWM's tax rebates, totally ignoring SAHMs)

hi gretel,

We r bringing baby to Sydney and Mel for road trip too (in Sep). Bot an electric hotplate to cook porridge for her. was thinking, will feed her mashed banana, avocado and some other fruits that we can find in the market there for breakfast, porridge for lunch and cereal for dinner. Milk and biscuits in between.

gretel & wee,

just in case u had not know... DO NOT bring any food not opened INTO australia!!! Declare every single food item. Just be extra careful as their custom is super super ON!

hi ladies,
its already late and im still up!!hahha
lots of laundry to settle duh...
MOMMIES..THANKS for the pat in the shoulder..
IM kinda used to it..and its just one of the days that i suddenly felt HURT..haha MY menses finally came aft 2longs years!!*grin*
dat explains the frustation ya..NO?

CIQ:customs and immigration quarantine into DownUNder
Falls into 2 cats:Restricted & Prohibited
Most foodstuffs r considered Restricted...which simply means can bring...just declare
especially INFANT FOOD that we NEED to bring,if unsure,just declare openly to the immigration guys!if cannot,they'll just throw for u..
IF u DONT declare...dats a diff story
trust me..i brought in lots of foodstuffs in(with labels is easier)
tips:dont argue with em
Just beware that the dogs are sniffing around!!
Check your luggage before disembarking ok.just to make sure..
my source:psst...im an ex crew *wink*
HAVE A NICE AND SAFE JOURNEY MOMMIES

Thanks Chergamine!

wow! all the more thumbs up for you! ex crew assumably used to 'unsettled' days flying everywhere and still you're willing to give up your time, youth, energy be the unglam 'aunties' (hate to use the word but...) we are... or turning to be... ;p
tribute to you! keep it up!!!

fantagrape, i've come up with my own packing list i pm you? can use as reference ;)

I travelled with my daughter on and off. I usually feed her whatever food that i can get from the place. As they have supermarkets that sell baby food that we are very familiar with. I dont usually buy instant packet food as might need hot water and stuff. Usually i ll get those jar food that is easily carried around and feed.

gretel,wee..
Pleasures mine..dearies*wink*
anyway,australia and UK would be one of my fav destinations.
simply becos..very easy to get good,reputable baby food.Fresh produce also in abundance..very cheap too.Most baby food there are organic and the markets are superb!!
Our lil ones will benefit..ok..ok..

gretel,
'UNGLAM"
LOL...i love this word..
tink i had my fair share of travelling and easy-going life.'Sold' my youth to airline liao..almost 7yrs with em..straight from school.
I saw,met and experience lots..e most pleasurable ones are seeing mothers breastfeed their babies on board.So thats one of the reasons y i was so determined to follow suit.
But I thank GOD,thruout my flying career..it made me realised the simple things in life are worth living for..right..right

Aniwae,share pix ok..of your holiday
Travel safe..tink its quite fair now..downunder..not too cold,not too warm

When i brought my daughter to taiwan, i was quite surprise on the whole experience. We actually had such a great time.
Ah yes, i breastfeed her on the plane too. Didnt even use the nursing cover , as she was too 'fidgetty'.

here's my darling Jaeden turning one year old this thurday..

1666968.jpg

ok, how about meeting in orchard area? wheelock place, Tang's island cafe or some place at lido?

anyone keen?

perhaps can do a meet up next Tues>? :)

Jaime, me keen too, I live in yishun so orchard is good for me :)

Jang, *wave* .. Jaedan so cute, is that a studio photo shot ? he looks slimmer though. Happy Birthday to Jaedan ! Be a good boy and eat your porridge ok

re : traveling

yup DH has been bugging me for a holiday but i am not confident to handle Brandon in a foreign land especially when he is still waking up in the night.

wee / gretel, you may want to consider giving your darlings a taste of the baby jar food prior to your trip to see if they would reject or not.

Also, Tiger has this food jar that can cook porridge. You just pour BOILING HOT WATER to the rice and meat (not large chunk though, mince should be ok) and veggies and i think it will cook in an hour. But do not expect mashy porridge, it is more like soft rice, but i think if you soak the rice beforehand it should be softer. Thought is would be good if you are in a hurry and the porridge can cook on the road trip.

Alternatively the small magic cooker (Thermos / Endo) is great except must boil the ingredients first.

inaugural mommies meet up session!

Tues, 2 Sep @ Tangs, island cafe, 3pm.

Think its at 4th level where the kids dept is. there's a nursery room there too for diaper changing & breastfeeding.

1) Jaime
2) Vally (can make it?)
3) mami35
4) fantagrape

hope more mommies can join in :)

woah,
good choice..the Tangs island cafe is a perfect location.
we luv the nursery roon.cosy..
Its e fasting month next week so i doubt,i could handle ds alone in public.Aniwae,u ladies hv a nice meet-up ok.
*smile*

would the cafe have enough baby chairs ?

mummies, i am looking for a pair of sandals for DS as he has started walking, any recommendation ?

I saw a cleaning agent and spray in the baby department label with "organic" and non toxic etc, but i dont remember the brand, wondering if anyone is using it ? we are using normal detergent now, and mil tends to use a lot of it so i am worried as DS loves to kiss the floor.

mami: you can use normal vinegar to mop the floor if you're worried about DS ingesting the chemicals. It is cheap, organic and really cuts the grease, only bad thing is the initial smell.

hi sleek, what a great idea ! never thought of that, i just diluted it and use for the kitchen, smell non existence maybe i use too little. But cannot use on marble floor right cos corrosive ?

mami35,
your ds 'addicted' to the detergent that your mil uses huh?so cute,kiss the floor
aniwae,ive not used the organic cleaning agent range before but i tried it while shopping @ kiddy palace once. neutral smell..not bad

1st sandals..
i tried bobux sandals.soft leather..very comfy,roomy and light.Perfect for growing feet
hei!there's a clearance bp now.check it out..hth
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1666211.html?1219856252

oh sleek,
yes,the vinegar works...thanx

Aiyah,im down with flu...on the better side,lucky its me not ds huh!
brought him to MMR vaccine earlier..heheh shouted loudly at the dc..then ran away,wanted to open the door..LOL notty boy!!

I ll be going for the meet up next week too. Hope to meet the mummies here too.
I used vinegar to clean my daughter toys too. And sometimes i diluted a small tsp of dettol to one big jar of water.

chergamine, do wear a mask before you get well just in case especially when your DS just got jab hope you get well enough for the meet up ...
... hee i thought all babies kiss floors ! he is doing it less now that he is walking but he would be playing more on the floor so i am also concern.

the 1st sandals, are they meant for walking ? like no soles leh ... a PD told me to let DS wear heavier shoes so that the footing is more balance to avoid the weight being only on one leg. saw some baby clarks, maybe will check out over the weekend.

hope the weather turns sunny next week for our meet up.

mami35,

jaeden is wearing clarks sandals and he is happy with it.
happy.gif
Its made of leather soles and light enough for him to cruise with. PD advised u to let him wear heavier shoes? I tried to let jaeden wear a pair of adidas, it was too heavy and he stood rooted to the ground with that pair of shoes..

jang,
wow, your jaeden is big and strong yeah!
it must hurt your back if you need to carry him.
seems, all your babies are fast ay... all can walk already.

my gal still taking baby steps. prefering to crawl.. faster i guess....

I bought the baby harness for my daughter. It really ease my back as i dont need to keep bending up and down .Bought mine from kiddy palace.

fyi, isetan baby fair, trade in old bottles to buy NUBY 300ml BPA free bottle for 8.90 plus a free teat, (usual is 11.90)

vally, yes i have to bend following DS around, very very tiring ..

coolmama, no worries, DS was taking baby steps for quite a while and suddenly one day he started to walk ... so just give your DD time and lots of oppt to try and give her something to hold while trying to walk it is to give her balance, my friend's DS walked only at 15 months and her DD at 14 months so different child different time,

jang, clarks no size for DS so we bought bubblemgummers ... the PD meant not to wear those foam type of sandals cos too light thus the footing will not be stable and no good for foot development. DS got a pair of shoes for BD but he could not walk in it cos he kept tripping over, but he is ok with the sandals so we will keep the shoes till he is more stable.

Hi everyone,

I'm a SAHM (breastfeeding as well). My girl is now 9 mths. Happy to know that there is a forum for SAHM & BF mums
happy.gif

I'm new to this Motherhood portal and wld like to join this grp. Hope you guys are ok with me joining in
happy.gif
Wld have attended the 2nd Sept session if I have seen this forum earlier
happy.gif

Hi to both piggy and serena. Great to know so many moms that are still bf their babes.
I am also still fullbf my coming 11 mths daughter.

hihi! i have a 9+month baby girl. born in dec 07. i'm also still fully breastfeeding.
happy.gif
am a FTWM.

Hi hi!

I'm a SAHM with a 12 month boy, still on BF. Looking for playmates for my boy. Any mummies living in Yishun/Sembawang/Woodlands area? Perhaps can go each other place for our kids to socialize. PM me!
happy.gif

me me! stay at woodlands! i tink i saw your post somewhere too hee... are you in the Aug thread? i've not logged in there for long, since i joined tis thread instead hee.

mummies,
oh no i dun belong to tis thread anymore - i've weaned off bb, and as of last week, i've placed bb in infant care. heartache.

sigh...long story.

am i still welcome in this thread?!!?!? sob sob.

hee.

saw the cordlife flash ad....why is it charging $$ now like the other pte cord blood bank?

bb was a cord blood donar with cordlife too. but was foc then.

Hi Vally,

Can I check with you, how long do u intend to breastfeed your daughter?

Hi Mummies,

I have a question to ask. When our baby reach 12 months old, is it that we need to substitute with Formula Milk or can we still fully breastfeed our babies?

hi piggydamien,

BREAST MILK IS BEST! for mummy and bb!!!

of cos you can continue TBF your bb past 1 yo. but after 6 mths, milk alone (breast milk or formula milk or cow/ goat milk) does not provide enough nutrients for the growing bb so tat's where SOLIDS come in.

but where milk is concern, nothing is best compared to mummy's own ;)

dun listen to old wives' tales that mummies' milk pale in comparison to factory produced products k!
all baseless claims.

if my ss is enough, i would love to tbf my bb for as long as i can.

hi gretel,

thanks. Cos my mum and aunty have been telling me that I need to mix breastmilk with Formula milk because my breastmilk is too thin and is not enough nutritients when baby is above 6 months old. But I refused to listen to them and continue to fully breastfeed my baby who is coming to 10 months old now. I am just worried that when my baby turn 1 year old soon, they will come and nag and nag and nag at me.

wow,
its been a while since i last post..kekek

welcome piggydamien,serena,forestfen,tub,cin
halo gretel...how hv u been?

piggydamien,
yes..yes..MUMMYS MILK IS E BEST
It will keep changing for our baby's needs.
Say,when our body is 'heaty' or warm...it will be more watery
And as baby grows,e nutrients content will keep changing to accomodate our baby.dats it..simple..

Im still tbf and ds goin 18mths soon..how time flies.

Fyi,for weight gain issue....dun worry..when my ds started on solid,he didnt put on a lot at the initial stage.but after which..as he's use to solids now..he's gaining steadily!!

Weight gain on FM fed babies n Bf babies arent e same...ok..ok..
My kaypo(kekke) aunties kept comparing,how 'big' their grandchildren are...but their milestones are way behind ds...*wink*
i simply said..."MImilk doin its job!"

Hope this helps to boost your confidence ok..cia yo

Back