2007 sahm n bf mom

gretel, dun be sad la. you've done your best and u should rejoice in that.

my baby is at infant care too and i fully express for her. she falls sick (cos at infant care... a lot of germs) but recovers very quickly too!
piggydamien,

big doesn't mean anything also. it doesn't mean the bigger the better. (maybe it's true for diamonds but not for babies). my girl is quite small too. 9 months and about 8kg. (not sure... maybe not too) our milk will adjust accordingly so no worries k?

hi piggy,
I am planning to bf her for about 15-17 months but now i am slowly kicking her usual habit of latching on to sleep at night and waking up in the middle of the night to latch on.
And they say it usually take weeks or months to wean them off. So i started yest with 1fm feed at night to slowly and steadily wean her off.
But she still drinks mostly from breast.

vally, i'm at a dilemma as to whether to intro FM at all. now still TBF. thinking of introducing bellamy's organic milk. any advise, mummies?

Gretel,
Nope, I'm not in the Aug thread. Used to be in the Sep thread but it moves too fast for me to catch up. Are u a SAHM? I want my boy to learn to play & share his toys so looking for SAHM around my area to visit one another on playdates. Keen to arrange a date?
happy.gif

Vally/Tub,
I'm also thinking of introducing FM now since I've reached my target of 1y/o now but my boy had already developed this bad habit of latching before sleeping and he'll wake up in the middle of the night to latch for comfort. Din want to give him last night but he sat up and pulled up my T-shirt!!! Sigh.... Any tips on weaning??? My hubby says it's time for my boy to sleep in his cot & for my hubby to 'regain his territory' on our bed as he had been sleeping on the floor for a year liao. =P

tub,

my son (coming to 10 months old)is also less than 9kg ... sigh...he is also very small size. Thats why my mum always compared him to other people 's kids. I just turned a deaf ear loh.... But my son is very strong, he started to lift his head when he was 8 weeks old, he can flip when he was 3 months old, he can stand up when he was 8 months old and he started to have his first tooth when he was 4 months old. All these I am very proud, so I told my mum did you compare all these milestones with the rest of the babies who are big and chubby and drinking only formula milk?

Last month my son had feverish so we took him to see doctor. then my mum keep asking the doctor baby sick can drink breast milk or not, he only drink breast milk, so big liao have not drink formula milk before. Then the doctor looked at my mum and told her BREASTMILK IS THE BEST FOOD FOR BABY, WHAT MORE DO YOU ASK FOR. NO OTHER FOOD CAN REPLACE BREASTMILK. My mum just kept quite loh.

CiN,

Ya me too very tired, as I am a FTWM, my son always wake up at least 2 times in the nite to latch on. But I think I plan to breastfeed till 18 months. Cos I am planning to have only 1 kid, so I will give all the best to him.

haha, piggydamien, ur doc is cool... the best part of breast milk is even we r sick, we can still feed then the baby will get the antibodies too, just have to be careful on the medicine.

i ever thot of weaning off when he bit me so painful, but it's too tedious as my ds do not drink from bottle. so i guess i shall continue until he refuses.

juz feel funny why the older generation not supportive at all on bf. my mil oso keep saying bf then baby very sticky, quickly quit ah... i juz ignore. my 2nd cannot go total bf due to her dislike, since she's taking care, i have to give in after 6 mths. now my 3rd have the privilege of tbf.

yeah, agree big doesn't mean good. my ds is so big until he cannot flip and crawl and stand earlier. healthy is more important!

welcome all new mummies, rehi everyone!
happy.gif

my boy at 14mo is only 9.5kg but he is lean, very strong, has nice muscles and can walk already. He stagnated at around 8kg, but I think that's the average normal weight limit for tbf babies before they start crawling and walking

piggydamien, dont get pressurised by your mum and aunty ok, you're doing great and as all the mummies have said BM is the best for your baby. I dont intend to start on any FM and will just wean him straight to fresh milk if need be, tried it with him but he doesn't really like it very much, maybe the smell is too strong, heh

hallo mummies,

i wish to bf as long as i can.....but if i want a 2nd one, think got to wean off somehow....

my girl (9 mths) still wakes up twice at nite to latch on before she can fall back to sleep...though she is sleeping in her own cot and in a separate room, hubby wants me to cut off the nite feeds....i tried a few nites, it was quite "painful" coz she will cry & cry....sometimes, i find it easier to juz feed her coz she will fall back to sleep quickly.....

since i'm a SAHM, she has not use the bottle to drink milk for quite a while....so i have another obstacle if i want to wean her off...sigh...

HI all,

I bf all my 3 kids till one & half yo and yes, our milk is the best. My mum also always tells me that becos my milk is not thick so not nutritious but I con'td anyway. The best thing is when we are travelling, bf them on the plane helps prevent ear-ache and it comforts them. My gal's 1st trip was when she was 9mth old, my boy @ 7weeks old and my youngest at 8mth old and all 3 have no problem on the plane cvos they just drink and sleep.

HI all,

I bf all my 3 kids till one & half yo and yes, our milk is the best. My mum and mum in law also always tells me that becos my milk is not thick so not nutritious but I con'td anyway. The best thing is when we are travelling, bf them on the plane helps prevent ear-ache and it comforts them. My gal's 1st trip was when she was 9mth old, my boy @ 7weeks old and my youngest at 8mth old and all 3 have no problem on the plane cvos they just drink and sleep.

yeah, wonder why the older generation always say our milk not thick enough, so watery, so white, so thin, blah blah blah....

wow so many of mummies here got 3 kids, really "pei fu". Me 1 kid already so exhausted. SAHM is not easy, i know because I take care of my son the whole day on sat and sun, really not easy man. And when Monday comes, I am so exhausted and I have to go back to work.

hey..

this thread is back alive again! just got back from a trip to taipei..

yeah! breastmilk is the best.. my boy just celebrated his 1st bday not long ago and is still tbf-ing.. he had not been putting on weight since he started cruising.. its not true that FM babies are bigger... my boy is 14kg before one year old.. now still stuck at 14.4kg..

welcome back home jang..
hows the trip?

yeah,my ds weight remain stagnant too since he started cruising.

Now we're in the MESSY period.
Food evrywhere..I let him enjoy self-feeding and it seems like he eats more this way.So be it.
More scrubbing and cleaning werk for me though..becoming an auntie soon..

sleek,
thats my intention too..to slowly wean him off the breast and intro fresh milk when the need comes.In fact he sipped'steal' my glass of milk whilst i wasnt looking once and enjoyed it..keke

Nowadays,ive to watch him a lil closer as he seems to wallop any food/drink items he could lay his hands on.Experimenting lor...haiz..

JTS:since i started on dairy products in his food eg,chez,yoghurt,puddings,custards etc he's gaining weight steadily. still does his normal 4-5 feeds.BUt just a caution,not to giv desserts in e evening...less u want a diff time to put em to bed..kekek

chergamine,

trip was terribly tiring. went there to attend a funeral. plane was delayed due to the typhoon also. super tiring.

i still dare not let Jaeden do self feeding, he will definitely throw food everywhere. end up, he didn't eat a single bit, everything end up on the floor.

i've started him on yogurt and cheese also. He had been taking hotel's buffet breakfast with us when we are travelling. Intending to start him on cow's milk soon..

cherg, wah your boy so clever to drink while you were not looking but like you say must becareful what he he eats/ drinks if he's going for anything, good that he enjoyed the milk though! I started my boy on yogurt and cheese quite awhile back but he hasn't been putting on extra weight, but to me, it's ok cos he is already very heavy to carry!!! hahaha
happy.gif

hey jang, sorry to hear about your trip.

re self feeding: I felt like putting my boy outside the hse in his high chair, so he can make a mess and we can just wash everything down with water, including him
lol.gif

piggydamien, fwwwaaah! your son is really very advanced! actually my mum was like that too. she used to say must give fm at 4 months but i kept quiet cos at that time, not sure if can sustain BFing or not. then she also told mi sick cannot drink bm but i "educated" her lor... now she knows a thing or 2 about breastfeeding. haha. old people are like that la.. just let them say what they want.

for me, my gal suddenly decided she didn't want to latch on anymore at about 3 months. so i've been pumping since then. very siong also... but no choice.

do u gals know when babies wean off milk totally? is it at 24 months? TIA!

Hi all,
my babe still cries at night wanting latch one before she sleeps. But i just preserve and keep putting her back into her cot. She cried to be carried , usually mu husband will relent and carries her but after 5 mins , we will put her back.Until she is tired and willing to go to sleep.

This is a dreadful long process for total bf babies, whom are so used to latching on to sleep.
She still wakes up for cf sucking, which i wished to put an end to by the time she is 12,13mths . But some babies, once they establish a sleeping throughout the night pattern, they wont wake up for cf sucking anymore.

Its different time and phase for different babies.
The bigger and more active your babe is, their weight will likely to remain stagnant because they simply burn off the calories.

agreed with you tub, dun know why those older generation thinks that our MILK are bad for baby when baby is ill. So weird.... wonder where they get the idea from.

I have read that you can breastfeed till 3-4 yrs old.

SOme mummies are planning to give fresh milk. Sorry to ask, what type of fresh milk huh? Is it those HL / Marigold milk? Then must warm up the milk cos cannot give straight from the fridge rite? Aiyoh if I want to give fresh milk to my son, I think I will hear alot of nagging again... hahaha...

i think it is those freshly squeezed milk than can be ordered from dairy farm that is better right?
The expiry date is usually within a week or so.

piggy, yes I am talking about these type when I refer to fresh milk, but I give my boy organic fresh milk like horizons or organic valley. No need to warm up the milk, what for?, just give straight from the fridge. Afterall, you won't warm up yogurt before giving it to your kid right?

Formula for children older than 1plus is really a fantastic marketing gimmick by FM companies, it is not necessary nor 'better' than fresh milk. Studies have shown that the actual mix of ingredients inside the FM varies quite a fair bit from what is stated on the tin. Quite scary if you think about it, at least fresh milk is just milk
happy.gif

wow tis thread is active agn! welcome welcome all the new frens ;) and the hot discussion topic on bm vs fm haha! when will all the aunties learn.... i hear tat all the time when i was bf-ing my boy then... nvm, as long as we know we're doing the right thing, ignore these well-meaning but ignorant pple, k! jia you to all still bf-ing mummies!!!

pls lar look at the recent fm saga - who can now say fm is good??!!?! u nv noe wat stuff they put inside those powder!!!

tub u're so farnie, i can't stop laughing reading your 'big - maybe for diamonds is true but not for babies' hahaha -hilarious

chergamine, it's a torturous week - or weeks... sigh... ds recovering from flu and fever which he caught from infant care - past weeks really tearing me apart. plus hubby outstation. coping alone sigh...now bb recovering mummy falling sick liao. so, really tribute to all SAHM!!!

Cin, oh i mistook then, used to check the Aug thread but like u, it moves too fast for me. sahm mum leh, where got time to check emails so often... busy scrubbing mopping, wiping, ya, really auntie now. these few days sun is good, so took all the pillows bolsters mattresses to sun - omg so auntie sigh.

i will be a sahm til oct - promised boss to go back liao (took break from work to enjoy bb's forming yrs). tat's y started send bb to infant care recently.

ok i need to go wash the dishes now. haha. ;p

afternoon mummies..
phew,just clean up e mess ds created from lunch
Yes,self-feeding is messy but on the brighter side..i dun have to coax him to eat.He happily finished up most of the lunch.What i did was,I let him use his fingers and me..armed with a fork!!kekek..so when he opens his mouth,ill slip food in..heheh
Happy boy=Happy mummy
I guess,today ive lots of patience..hahah
Best is to strip him down to diapers..taaadaa
Yest,I couldnt sleep early so I picked up a book that DH got for me whilst in States.."The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers"
Some of its content will seem REALLY a 'tit-nazi' self acclaimed quotes..but it does make sense.
I read a chapter about 'Attachment Parenting'..co-sleeping,sleep habits etc
Very assuring and practical.Real life stories added and Dr Newman's experiences himself with his 3kids.
re:recent FM saga
Poor thing.All the babies..oh dear..

gretel,
cia yo..you can do it.Ya,handling alone is very tiring.Just 1 kiddo is a handful ya.

sleek,
where du normally get em organic milk.I bot it whilst shopping at vivomart..The organic supermart.Tink,its a wiser choice to intro organic fresh milk to young tummies.
Room temperature would be just fine.No need to warm up.That's wat my pd said.
oh!I do remember 1 of my cousins tried to wean her 2yo son of the breast by offering fresh milk..wat happen was,he didnt like it and soon after..they went to HAY DAIRIES(for fun actually)...tasting of goats' milk etc..It turned out,he loves em..kekek
I wonder how goat's milk taste like.

ok...ive just finish my auntie daily routines.kekek

cherg, I replied your pm.
happy.gif
You can find these brands easily from cold storage. I prefer to buy organic valley cos it comes in the smaller pack of 1 qt, while horizons only has the big 2qt pack. I will use most of the milk for making yogurt and whatever left over, just give to my boy. However I suspect why he doesnt really like it because it is very rich (very much oiler too than normal fresh milk), compared to bm which is more watery??!! Eh your cousin's son very cute le, goat's milk has stronger taste/ smell than cow's milk ya!?

hi sleek,

the reason why I am asking need to warm up the milk or not is because I know my mum won't allow my son to drink direct from the fridge loh. Cos she is so over protective over my son. She keep telling me last time me and my sister was drinking the best formula milk S26. I told her there is no such thing as best formula milk, breast milk are the best. Anyway, her old thinking la, I have to overcome another hurdle next time if I want to intro fresh milk to my son... sigh cos she so pro Formula Milk.

hi gretel,
you must take care of yourself.

hi cherg,
Hay Dairies do home delivery too. Goat's milk smells like breast milk to me, fishy smell, stronger taste.

hi pdamien, I know, but their thinking is very illogical to me la... just like how we cannot drink cold water or what not when pregnant or during confinement. sigh so hot when pregnant can really overheat if not allowed to drink or eat cold stuff, iykwim!
happy.gif
Also like I said earlier, FM companies really have such great marketing that they can convince entire generations of people that FM is best and BM is inferior when it is the other way round.

sleek,
replied ur PM..thanx again
think my cousin's son got his weird taste buds from mummy herself lor. She loves eating 'strong' smelling food such as century eggs,unagi etc..c..maybe ya!wahah
oh yes, piggy...she now has to order them to be sent to their home.
Like i said before,my ds is always eager to try new stuff. He did try sipping a lil bit of e goat's milk.Gave a 'million dollar' look..and ran off!!LOL
talking about marketing strategic:
They're always giving out samples of FM and ec time we went to the clinic for vaccinations,e nurses are always giving out samples of FM.There was 1 time,a lady at e reception offered me FM samples...well,ds was 14mths then..i kindly smiled and replied..."no thanx,perhaps other mummies might want it cos we're still nursing"
she answered"Woah!full bf huh...still got milk ahr?"(with an uncall for face and a high tone)
i just bid farewell and walked off.
Thank God she's not the PD.
I feel sad for her.Working in a baby & child clinic and yet is ignorant.

cherg,
your last post really mk me laugh haha!
i love reading the thread cos we're like-minded and we really need some support, encouragement, assurance every now n then!!!

mummies,
ytd i received news of YET ANOTHER fren of mine's bb genna hfmd.

tis is e 2nd case i hear in 2 weeks time! 7mth n 13 mth.

pls pls be super careful '(or anal!) abt cleaniness...esp after gg to playgrounds n crowded places. i totally avoid crowded places now. even carry antiseptic wipes to park...ya, rather be anal than sorry;p tis fren of mine suspected her bb got it from some bb fair... cos she's looked after by a nanny and nobody's sick there the only time she goes out is to the mall for some bb contest...

pls lar, dun bring your child to watever bb fair or contest now the mall will definitely be so crowded - can't trade off safety sake for some vanity and pride right? i may be a bit extreme but at times like tis, i really wan to caution all mummies to be extra extra careful. poor children, wrench all mummies' heart tinking young children suffering =(

With the FM scare in china, i think many people whom had shun us about giving our baby total breastmilk will need to swallow their words back.

Hi gretel,

I am also quite kiasu. I bring hand sanitizer wif me wherever I go and after touching anything that have been touched by many other kids b4, I get my children to sanitize their hands immediately. Evern my 16 mth old is used to this regime...hee hee...

I'm interested to find out more about goat's milk. Can buy from supermarket? If buy from the Hay Dairies, how long can it be kept? Thanks!

yeah...nice to c u
actually,when i saw your add...i had a strong feeling that ive been there before.
*sob*
Miss my cat..he was 16 went he passed on..so,it was heart wrenching for the whole family.
but hei, e lil 'monster' sure is a 'replacement'

hello mummies, i have been lurking reading the thread but not posting.... so happy that the thread is alive

i feel so sorry for all the babies and kids having had the tainted FM .. we are so fortunate in this part of the whole

2 hands and 2 legs up for breastfeeding and I have finally stop on 6th Sept though DS still does not sleep through the night, he wakes up to be carried or wanting to sleep on our bed

gretel hope your boy is getting better ...

Hi CiN, I am in yishun, so we can arrange to meet up, by the way my boy is 14 months....

re : self feeding,sleek your description about washing your boy is very comical !!!

these few days DS has been wanting to self feed himself or rather to play with the food, aiyo big headache for me cos he is still eating porridge not rice, so i wonder how to let him self feed, finger food distraction is useless ... i am so frustrated during meal times now it is soooo difficult to make him eat

How about steamrice mami? My daughter started eating steamed rice when she was 9mths, its still soft but easier to self feed than poriddge.
cheers

chergamine, wow the goats are cute. hehheh i'm interested to give my dd (10 months) one feed of goat's milk a day. reckon i can give the fresh ones from hay? anyone tried b4? will they LS cos it's not pasturised? another brand of organic goat's milk is the meyenbery goat's milk. organic paradise sells them in fresh and powdered form.

hi mummies staying in the north,

want to meet one of these days? I stay near Woodlands Vista Park. Hmm... where can we meet? Woodlands library? my girl is turning 13mths.

hi tub,
i reckon its wiser/safer to intro fresh milk to our babies above 1yr old.
yes,can give those fresh ones from HAY.Since its fresh,it is best to keep for only 4-7days.
Hope this info helps..got em from my cousin whom has been giving hay's milk to her son.As per norm practise,just watch out for allergies lor..okie dokie

hi vally, i do offer him steam rice but they stick to his fingers and he would give me funny faces while eating, he does not seem to like them very much. i was thinking to try and roll them into tiny balls of rice

hi jenny, ya since there are a few of us now, we can arrange to meet, library ? the librarians will not chase us out if the babies get too noisy ? But I am nursing a flu so I cannot meet so soon.

hi mummies...

been ages that i never post.. can't keep up to read all the posts :p

hi chergamine,

u r so steady still bf-ing ur 18mos ds... my baby (11mos) rejected my breast since i stupidly change my body shower to dettol that has strong smell..

so sad and stressed up.. my BM is decreasing rapidly now... planning to boost the supply by taking fenugreek.. do mummies think this will work?

it has been 10 days.. ds is now v excited when he sees BM in the bottle but then he onli plays with the teat.. end up gotta let the bottle does the cup's job.. there is one day he put the cup on my breast... o dear.. he asked me to express my BM so he can drink from the cup.. i regret that i ever manually expressed my BM to the cup in front of him..

i agree that MUMMY's MILK is the BEST...
ds hardly fall a sick so far... but he ever caught fever virus in suntec then followed by diarhoea.. he's now onli 7.7kg (11 mos)... sob sob sob...

hi piggy,

yup.. dun ever ever listen to those who told you to give FM or to try to give water in the bottle..

i listened to give water in the bottle.. baby dun suck from the bottle.. but then he likes bottle more.. guess it's fun for ds to have BM in the bottle.. ds is v playful nowadays.. makes me MAD...

mummies.. tks for listening to my sad story...

cheers..

eufrasia,

welcome back ;)

jus wan to add on, share for everyone's info.

when i was tbf ds, he often had colds too. i was v upset and disappointed esp when well-meaning-but-ignorant elderys told me tat's cos my milk is 'not gd enuff'. i wen to check with 2 PD and guess wat they say? the fact tat your child is still having colds and flu doesn't mean tat your bm is no gd, it only means he's susceptible to flu bugs (some children are like tt - natural immunity prob) and the best way to reduce him getting is bm...so imagine if he's not getting my bm, he'll be getting even more flus and colds!

hi eufrasia,

I am a FTWM, so my son drink from bottle as well. Initally during the 2nd month when I return to work, my son rejects the bottle. Then after that the 3rd adn 4th month, my son rejects breast, so I couldnt direct latch him. I was very sad and depressed at that time. but I did not give up I latch him everytime I came back from work and at night and morning before I go to work. As usual, every time I offer him my breast he will scream so loud like giving him poison. But surprisingly after the 5th month till now he start to latch back on. So, must say NEVER GIVE UP is the motto.

chergamine,

my auntie also give me the same remark as the nurse. "WAH YOU GOT SO MUCH MILK ?" Then she will say the benefits of FM versus BM all over again. sigh... my cousin in law just gave birth early this month. And so poor thing, my cousin in law didnt breastfeed her daughter because of my auntie. She prefers the baby to drink formula milk...sigh....

BM is the best: I'm still TBF cos lazy and cheapskate. But have been reading up the net. Seems like it's the best only when mummy eats nutritious meals. I'm guilty of not eating enough veg, calcium (for myself since baby leeching away my calcium) or even red meat for iron. Esp after 6 months, seems like breastmilk not as much iron and DHA in the BM is not automatic too. So to make BM the best, we mummies have to eat enough iron and omega3 to make powerful milk
happy.gif
. DHA is the thing that make them intelligent.

And the bad stuff that we eat, like transfat, all gets transferred to our babies as well. And I love to eat KFC.... poor baby...

Despite being guilty of the above, I will still breastfeed till whenever she's ready to stop. My aunty breastfed till her 2 kids were 3 years (2 yrs apart). Though I'm considering complementing with FM or fresh milk cos I might go part time.

hi eufrasia..
welcome back..yar lor,trying to be`a champ!!kekeke..No lah,fact is bm is convenient and its e natural way of feeding our babies..aint it?
Nutritious and FOC.Much easier now when our young ones are older.
gretel,
yesh..yesh..my pd and drs @kkh which attended my ds when he's younger(series of bad stuffy nose)..said that to continue bf as its the utmost protection for him.And dat if our babies have any gastroenteritis probs eg,diarhea or vomitting...to stop dairy pdts(inc FM) but not BM as BREASTMILK IS NOT A DAIRY PRODUCT.
His condition would have been worse if he's not breastfed.

piggy,
just last nite i went to my one of my aunt's place where her daugh will be popping soon in 2 weeks time.She'd ask me if ds is still bfed.I said yes and she continue "no bottles?how to send to playgrp next yr?...actually,i anticipated this and im glad she asked..LOL
with all my other aunties and cousins present,i simply said"ermm,he dunno how 2 drink from btle lah..jus gv him any drink in a cup and straw..good to go..see!!"
Why must they always 'find' a cause to question me/us?I wonder?But im glad though..so can educate em.They are 'brain-washing' my young cousins..tsk..tsk..
When me/ds arent alone...ds simply 'abadons' me kekek... he'll only come running to me if he's in pain or extremely hungry or sleepy(for bf).See...there's arent any proof stating extended tbf babies are soooooooo attached/clingy to mummy.They are more independent and well-assured individuals.NO?

smarter:
piggy,noe wat my mum commented?
"Aiyah,ur son darn clever one..compared to u?
duh!!! so tactless huh...but im glad..kekeke..yar lah,she didnt bf me wat??heheh so sad.Mum told me dat my grandma taught em dat bmilk is 'dirty' and inconvenient.And as an adolescent,the 3 of us have lots of ailments..Flu medications were like sweet treats to us.ermmm
jenny,
I did query about mummys' eating habits to lact nurses wheneva i got e chance.All of em said that,we can eat anything less u spot that our babies r allergy to certain food lah.
The catch is,our babies will absorb only the BEST from us..means if we didnt consume enuff calcium..they will get it from our bones n teeth..so in e end,we're calcium deficient.That's e reason why we must consume xtra calcium,iron etc for ourself.HTH.
If we eat....say..transfat,it will only remain in our body..thus oops...need e extra 'work out' to rid of it..ehhehe..will not be trans to babies.Only the taste will defer.

OK..now can i become a 'Tits ambassador'?LOL
Thanx for reading my super long post..phew

cherg,

u're so funny haha. ya, thumbs up to being the 'tits ambassador' hahaha!!! i din know abt bb only taking the BEST from us, so tat's really good knowledge!!!!

actually,i oso din know lor..
when one day(early tis yr) i hv lots of junk food cravings,i did commented dat I HV TO STOP!!..my lact nurse aunt,exclaimed "Aiyoh,eat wateva u want lah..bb onli gets e best..u mean u dunno?"
I gv a silly grin lah..said DUNNO..not sure..
She added,just make sure evrythin we eat in moderation and dun skip those essential nutrients.Good enuff....c...dats y to begin with i had britte nails 1st few months post-birth

Does anyone mums here gives their kid below 1 mild cheddar. I did and guess what, she loves it. Now its like her fav afternoon snacks. And organic rice cake too.

Hi Mummies,
I just happened on this thread- I'm not "eligible" to join your group because my ds is 44 months old (born Jan 2005), but just wanted to let you all know that we are still direct TBF to this day (the only formula he got was at KKH nursery in spite of "exclusive breastfeeding only" sign- HMPH!!!!).
He nurses about 3-5 times a day now and is very tall for his age (wears 5T clothing), so NO WORRIES about "inadequate nutrition" from breastmilk.

Also have a great link to general info about breastfeeding/formula/introducing solids here (some mummies might want to read the section on feeding goat/cow milk vs formula in particular). Check it out:

http://www.babyreference.com/BeyondBreastmilk.pdf

HTH
happy.gif

Back