2007 sahm n bf mom

hello...mommies
wah so its about finger foods now huh!WE LOIkE

mami35,
im still a dormant volcano.last menses was aug06.
my gynae even mentioned that i'll probably remained tis way till i stop bf or maybe conception #2 w/o menses..oops!!
yup2 i always leave home with steam baby carrots or kernel corns or fruits.
For the kernel corns,i got it at the supermarket frozen section.Grab a handful and steam it.Placed in an airtight container or foogoo(thermos flask for extra freshness) n good to go liao.
sleek..
my ds loves 'snacking' on plain rice too.in fact he loves anything that is WHITe!!i have no idea where this come from..my dh maybe..NO?
oh...I'll love to go for the mass bfeeding but not the talks too...hhahah
re:huggies pull-up pants
yes,it doesnt hold much..I just put it on him when he gets a tad too hard to handle(eg,when he's sick)touchwood!!!
I tried drypants.Its thick.will get heavy.
mamy poko,worth trying..

sleek, your boy is big boy now that is why i think he prefers a change in his usual meal. ya my ds also shows me the vomit action but this past week he has not been eating his porridge, headache for me now, he used to finish his porridge within 10 mins without any fuss, now sigh ... either he would not open his mouth or would eat a few spoonful but lucky thing he is taking his usual milk. Think will have to try something else.

oh yes those packed corn, silly me i always see those but only think of putting them into porridge and not as snack !

chergamine, we are in the same situation, no menses yet. but can you get pregnant without menses ? that means must use kit to check for ovulation.

hmm i also wonder how to keep those fresh finger food fresh. are you referring to the plastic foogoo range ? but it is very bulky leh. I have many lock & lock containers but i find that they are not air tight, DS biscuits will go soft after sometime.

vally, oh thanks for the info, i miss that toy fair the last time, hope i can make it this time. any good buy ?

chergamine: haha, did you call them to chk if we still have to pay the $10 if we just want to go for the mass bfeeding session? but I guess they will say still must pay cos they cant guarantee we won't secretly be sitting in?

mami: yeah big boy already, he just turned 1 last sat and I don't even give him porridge for every single meal, yet he can get bored of it so soon. actually since you will only be giving new fresh finger food daily, you can just store it in the lock/lock each day?

wah you ladies are so lucky that your menses is still not back yet, mine came back when my son was 9mo, but luckily each month it is very light flow compared to before conceiving. Cos we ovulate before our menses, so you can conceive before you have your 1st period p(ost)p(artum), my gynae said it is risky to have unprotected sex past the 3 mth of TBF unless I don't mind getting preg again.

mami35,
yup u still can get pregnant before menses actually come.When i told my gynae that its not back yet, he commented 'excellent'.Dunno wat dat suppose to mean!!heheh..on my part,save on pads!!LOL
Unless u r ready, u'll need help from the kits i guess.Cos, a fren of mine is otw for #2 still no menses since #1.So...
porridge:there was a period of time,my ds spit out his porridge.So i dun serve him for a few days.N gave him other carbo alternative eg;baby potatoes, rice.Then try again e porridge.

Sleek,
tink still have to pay $10.

sleek, your boy is just 2 days older than my DS :) so my boy also big boy hor ha ha but i find he is very babyish ..(eer by he is a baby hor) still on porridge now, will chew on biscuits but not his porridge, tried to give him rice will take like 2 mouthfuls only.

you on TBF right ? period back ? something must be wrong with my system, maybe have to go TCM and boil medicine :-€ yucks ...

chergamine, me wonder what does "excellent" mean too ! will monitor DS eating these few days then will try noodles, rice etc

re : pull up pants
tried mamypok, yup i think it does hold more than huggies.

ergo mummies - ok i finally got my ergo a few weeks ago, started using it but somehow it gives me other kind of strain. My hips / waist and legs get tired after estimated 30 mins. If i am using it alone, i could only have the back clip right at the top of my shoulders and I would feel tight and strained, but if someone is with me, that can be moved to a lower position and it would feel better. Any advise what am I not doing right ? thanks !

err,du mummies still feel hungry almost all the time?
gosh, i do.Even at nite.Esp after nursing.I cant skip a meal a day n still nibbles in between.

mami: heh happy birthday to both our sons
happy.gif
of course they are still babyish, they're only 1yo; but mine is getting more and more aware, slowly losing his innocence! what about yours?

nothing wrong with you la, some women don't get their periods back even >18m of TBF. yeah, am on latch-on TBF, the easiest and most convenient way, haha my stock of EBM almost gone too cos been so lazy to pump in so many months. some of my friends period came back 3 mths after birth; 1 extreme case , her period came back 1 mth after birth and her boy drink milk like no tmr!!!

re porridge: I stopped giving for a few days and try again after that, but also the same problem. Think he is just more interested in other foods, but it's ok since he accepts rice, so less trouble since no need to specially make porridge! haha

re hunger: yes!!!! I still have to have snacks and supper, if not buay tahan. plus my weight is still much less than pre-preg, till ILs tell me to stop nursing.
sad.gif

re ergo: mami, can you take a photo while wearing it and pm me? cos cant imagine.

hi moms on this thread! :D

am currently a sahm myself and still ebf-ing my baby (who turning one end august) so i kind figured, hey this thread sounds like us! ;)

i'm kinda wondering when we'd be stopping the bf-ing...and how to do it the most natural and painless way...is there such a way???

speaking of returning aunt flows after delivery...i'm one of those unfortunate ones who had af return like after 3 or 4 months after delivery, bleah...i thought i'd be able to continue to enjoy being period-free for months more since i was bf-ing, but the internal body had other plans...

chergamine: yup, i do feel hungry quite often lol...especially once i wake in the morning, that's when i'm hungriest! cos i still nurse in the night, once or twice...well, what to do, the baby won't sleep through!
proud.gif
hahahaha...oh well...

<font size="+1">SEVEN projectors at the NATIONAL MUSEUM and THREE at the Art Museum. The illumination changes every three minutes and runs from 9pm until 2am on this Friday and Saturday, FREE ADMISSION!</font>

hei burp,
yeah!my ds is 14mths today..me still nurse him at least once @ night.Then i'll wake up so very hungry e next day.Sometimes,I do wonder if it has become a habit..(to nibble)seriously,I cant stand e hungry feeling.to me,hungry=frustration..LOL
So i try hard to have healthy snacks!!ya rite!!resorts to sinful indulgences sometimes...'comfort food'..chocs especially
WEAN OFF THE BREAST GENTLY
well,this is my motto.Hopefully its painless,emotionally esp.Im targetting at 2yrs of age.So kinda reading up and asking advices.Evry kid is different,wat i know is that we have to take it slow if u wanna it be less painful.Distractions and tlc..ermmm
All e best to us

hey u lucky gals!
still bf-ing!! less luggage on outings &amp; monthly bb food supplies :D
my bb angel weaned himself off aft his 1st bday... bun #2 was already in e oven when he was 10 m/o. it's like he just decided one night he didnt want mamma but still wanted to cuddle while hvg his bottle
sad.gif
then my princess terror decided aft 3 months of resisting the bottle that she preferred e bottle so she got off at 9 mths
sad.gif
i terribly miss e cuddles but i make it a point to cuddle them at bottle time.

no time to read thru all posts here but i read abt how some1 cant imagine hvg 2 under 2... well, i can tell u- it aint easy!! esp when u chose to do it on ur own, i.e. no domestic help. but seeing them play so well now is SO worth it!!
njoy ur precious for e longest time ;)

hope 2 meet some of u soon
happy.gif

keep happy &amp; healthy bf-ing!

Mummies
Something interesting to share after an article on <font size="+1">HOW TO BE A GOOD PARENT?</font>

<font color="ff6000">Don't fall into the trap of believing that academic excellence is all about studying hard.
Happy, well-balanced children whose parents are engaged in their lives are much more likely to develop a love of learning.</font>

<font color="119911">Be careful not to impose our own interests on our children.
We should be more concerned with giving them every available tool. Let them learn using their natural talents and potentials in order to help them discover all they can be.</font>

<font color="0000ff">An inability to read well early can hamper a child's success for years, with sadly predictable results.
Creates a home environment where children enjoy reading, and we make an effort to read to them, read together with them!</font>

re -bf
I think i m the weird one for i never felt any hunger pang even until now. I am still bf my daughter fully.
I felt tired but not much appetite though. Maybe also because i dont have helper to help me around.

hi gretel,
thanks for the supplier contact! Apparently, her name was posted in many other forums and tonnes of people are calling her.
I know this cos I was mentioning to my sis in law and she said yes she knows about it too. She tried calling but was told there are no more stocks and must wait . :)

re corn kernels

my girl is now coming 8mths and has 2 teeth. think i can give her as snacks? she has tried corn soup boiled together with her porridge before.
nowadays its all sorts of baby biscuits for her...afraid its not healthy for her.

hi mummies,
my girl is almost 11 months and will turn 1 on sept 1st. Like many of you, I am a sahm, fully-latching baby on demand and co-sleeps with her. She is so used to having me nearby when she sleeps makes me wonder if she'll ever transitioned to her own bed when the time comes...hmm..

anyway, i intend to bf her until 1.5 years..AT LEAST. hehe.

sleek, ya i think the innocence thing is true, DS is more cheeky now :)

i will try to take a pic this week and show you. oh and i think i know what is the problem too - i carry a heavy diaper bag cos not BF'g, and i go out alone so no one to take over from me and i can walk between 1 to 4 hours with little rest in between i think that caused the strained on the shoulders.

re : hunger - yup i was surprised how much i could eat in the first few months even my DH commented and said i would not be able to lose my spare tyre. vally you are one lucky mummy not to feel hungry.

re : corn kernels, jaime, ya i have the same concerns that biscuits are not healthy so i would rather give fresh food as snacks, i also dont want them to get into the habit of snacking but it is a must during car rides unless there are other kids in the car to distract DS.
your girl chewing on the biscuits right ? i guess should be ok. i read somewhere that corn is not easily digested so maybe dont give so much.

welcome, burp, sue, justme.

rec : co sleeping, we have kind of gotten used to having DS sleep with us, but i hope to also "wean" him off that as i am still afraid to knock into him when we turn.

last saturday DS had his first fall off the bed !!! DH saw him fell off but could not catch him in time, luckily never hit his head.

My daughter fell from her bumbo twice, as she is now strong enough to leap herself out from it.
So we had banished the fact of putting her in the bumbo.
Hi just me- i am also co sharing e bed with my daughter on and off. We are trying hard to make her sleep on her cot like how it used to be, but she seems to get smarter and smarter and will wake up and scream at 3am in the morning!

I am wondering if there are mummies here who latching exclusively and have separation anxiety from baby... I can't even go out on dates with hubby!... hubby complaining already..

hihi mummies!

phew! i just got back chalet ytd with so many mozzie bites super itchy! ds finally turned 1!

had a party at aloha loyang chalet with abt 100 guests.

phew phew phew! so relieved it's over. most guests came on time, despite the ulu place. food caterer are on time. but the cake from sweets secret abit disappointing. not as nice as i imagine. little children have fun (tat's the most impt part!) thou daddies and mummies complained y such a ulu place (ehmm.. most chalets are bit out of way one aniwae rite?!)

most most MOST impt thing - bb's happy throughout the day. smiling at everybody.

HOWEVER, at nite, guess wat! bb suddenly screamed out from sleep and cried HYSTERICALLY NONSTOP and refused to be put down, cling on tight and it got so bad tat we drove him to a&amp;e at 2AM...

he's apparently overstimulated by the day... and probably frightened by the 'shower by the shower head' - at home he used bath tub.

so, new environment, new way of bathing, new faces, everything adds up - tink it's too much for him to take.

sigh, just wan to share.

he's ok now. happily playing and back to normal.

another thing - becos it's so bad we started to have all the wild thinkings - it's 7th mth now so...

just to share. so tat u all can tk note, as in, if holding party outside watch out for all the new stuffs - overstimulation....

hi mummies,

long din log in liao
My mensus finally come after 10mths, but only for 2 days &amp; not as heavy as before. It usually last for 7 days b4 preg. so Bfeeding does help &amp; i enjoy those pad free days.

Hi JustMe, my boy is turning 1 on Sep4, only 3 days diff fr ur DG
happy.gif
I can't leave my son at all, even my hubby can't handle him during bedtime, he will cry for me. Now, I even bathe tog w him, will let him sit on his bath tub w toys, then I quickly take shower. He has grown v close to me, he will lie on my shoulder &amp; pat me if I say sayang sayang ma ma.

Co-sleeping,
I also co sleep w my son, it's much easier to bf him this way. he used to sleep in his own cot but I find it troublesome to lift him fr his cot as he will wake up frequent at nite. I enjoy sleeping w my son than my hubby, like to cuddle him &amp; smell his hair, plus my hubby snore badly. Really can't stand his snoring, so will chase him out b4 he goes to his dreamland to sleep in my bb's room. I think it's unhealthy in long term... Doc ask him to do a sleep study so can recommend him treatment but he doesn't bother. I keep persuading him to seek treatment for almost a year also no use. He is overweight &amp; i worry his health. Really headache to ve a hubby like this, everything just push &amp; push to tomorrow but tomorrow never come.

Hi Gretel,
ur son seems to be a cheerful boy, smiling at ur guests... hehe I think he know it's his birthday &amp; he will be the centre of attraction
happy.gif

hi baby_doll,
thanks, yap, he's a v cheery boy
happy.gif

hey,
jus out of concern, no good to alwiz ask hubby sleep separate room while u cuddle up w bb leh. i mean, no good for your marriage relationship...hubby can feel jealous one...

wah..din log in for quite a while too
hi just be,
Im co-sleeping with ds too.Like u babydoll,I love the smell of ds even if he sweats whilst sleeping.Hubby?Sometimes sleeps together but WE couldnt stand the snoring too.Ds will start to move about if dh snores.Moreover,hubby will always stay up till late on the net(work) and ended up sleeping on the other room.So...
Ds started to co-sleep since 4mths old where I decided to place him beside me as 'very tired oledi' liao.
Sometimes,I do miss sleeping with hubby(just e 2 of us)*wink*..but he even admits that he sleeps 'rough' in a way,he'll end up knocking us..dangerous for the lil one
gretel..
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY TO YOUR BOY..many happy returns

ohh..talking about mozzie bites,
me n ds got em.So nasty!!poor ds,din realised that he scratched em and got open sores..both legs liao..and i applied calendula cream by california baby..it works!!heals very fast.but still got em marks..aiyoh..poor sayang

overstimulation..
gretel,
my ds always have this problem esp after a whole day out.well,its really overstimulation dat triggers this.on my parents' part,they always warn me to avoid ulu places esp at night.i abide by it when he was smaller.
Dun wanna take e risk wat..1st child,1st grandson somemore!!but if we do,ill take every precaution..but most importantly,ill massage him e moment we reach home and rock him to sleep..even if im dead tired!!
But my ds likes to LAUGH in his sleep nowadays..talking about overstimulation..haiz..give me the creeps sometimes

mami35,
my ds fell off the bed last week.I onli realise it when i woke up and saw him soundly sleeping still!!my heart omos stop..but hubby did say that he saw him rolled down, sit up..rubbed his head and c'tnd sleeping.(i placed a mattress on both sides in case)
aiyah,dunno to laugh or shocked!!

gretel the BD celebration is sweet and bitter ! happy belated birthday to your boy.

separation anxiety
i am sure a 100% separation anxiety case. My DH can vouch for that ! he is complaining that we never go park-tor anymore. ha ha so the occasionally trip to the supermarket and petrol station would be our "hold hands" date. seriously, i know it is unhealthy but i really could not bear not to be near my boy. When i go for my facial i would insist that DH bring DS along to wait for me at the shopping mall rather than have him at home with mil if not i would cancel my appt my concern is also that DS is very active now and minding him is too tiring and mil is not as strong as before.
2 weeks ago we both went for dental appt and left DS with SIL and MIL and on the way back i told DH i miss DS and can feel the tears in my eyes. DH said i am too much and i should see a doctor. He is very jealous of his friend and his wife whom goes for movie every week.

chergamine, i would be shocked and so heart pain in your case, your DS so cute, must be not painful :) ... laughing in his sleep, must be sweet dream s too !

mami35,
hope ur ds gets well soon..dun worry ya

Talking about separation anxiety.I tink it gets the better of me.Instead of ds,im the one with separation anxiety!sigh..e longest time i ever left him with mum is for facials too.Dats it.
My dh dun complain about we not goin on dates anymore but frankly,we miss those times.He kept saying 'we've been 2gether since sec sch'..donkey years..now its time for our young ones..ermmm
He said maybe im e one with a problem.Separate from ds more than 3hrs and ill become disorientated..u tink?
ok..maybe next year ill make a new year resolution.hehh

Hi all, had not been here for a while.
Have a question, my ds bite my nipple while breastfeeding and it sores now. Any oilment that I can use to relieve the pain? else I cannot feed him and he dun take bottle.

thanks chergamine, i sure hope the medicine works fast but at least he is active so i am not so worried.

wah you and your DH marathon love since school days so envy :)

ha ha maybe we should hold hands and go see doctor for separation anxiety. i think this is the result of us being 24hr with our babies since birth.

for facial i even have to tell the beautician to make it in 1 hour instead of the usual 2 hours so that DH would not complain about minding DS alone. DH is not too good minding DS so he gets worried when he is all alone with him.

sue, ya just apply nipple cream should be well in a day or 2.

chergamine, your bb sounds a strong strong bb and so cute - hey! shall we post our bbs pix here? share the joy
happy.gif
but i dunno how to post.

separation anxiety-
i've also been w hb since sch days but he doesn't tink like your hb leh...dunno is good or bad. he tinks we shd have more private time and always tell me to put bb at in laws place but i am the one who no no no! can't bear to leave my bb for even an hour. i'll feel guilty... haha seems like i'm also the one having separation anxiety not bb.

mamil35, you're so rite! the party was indeed bitter and sweet - hahaa! sure to remember for yrs to come... ;p hope bb's getting better. dun drag ok, if doesn't get well go see pd.

my boy jus recover from flu too, was still on antibiotics ytd! it dragged for 3 weeks! pd was like 'eh, abit long'...guilty guilty!!!

i go to dr ong aglow bb at united square

calendula cream by california baby - good? where to buy, come back from chalet bb has soooo many mozzie bites all over
sad.gif
sob sob

sue,
avent nipple cream is the best cos bb can eat. so apply already still can bf.

mami: hope your darling get well quick!

gretel: you can buy calendula cream from http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1595156.html?1217959756, ima is a very nice lady! but it will only help mozzie bites to be less itchy and heal faster, it won't necessarily make it heal without scarring.

I dont have extreme separation anxiety issues from my baby, but I do miss him if I think of him when I go out without him, be it to pak-tor or otherwise. However he is very sticky to me, so sometimes it makes me very frustrated also! Recently, I can't even leave him in the room to make his food or to go toilet, even with the door open also he cry like 'no father-no mother'!

sue,
oh no..poor thing..i always got bitten too!!
yup can apply any nipple cream.i tried lanolin!!great.smells like honey..no need to remove prior to feeding
another tip: dry e sore area often.esp after shower,ill just go bare n smear breastmilk..pad dry..
It always work.takes a couple of days though.
wat i always do is,ill feed the sore side less...yup it will FULL(express for comfort).
dun wori,when its better..feed as normal.
hope this help

yup gretel,
IMA is my california baby pdts supplier..*wink*
great bargain.for less scarring,try the aloe vera as well..ok

n me too..dunno how to post pix here LOL..
anyone can help?

Post your pic in photobucket and then paste the url.
I hope it works.
By the way, any mummies done their kid bday at kid's gym? how is it like? Any pic to share?

thanks all for the advice. i did with cocoa butter but thot if there's any faster relieving cure. i still feed on the sore side since ds is never enough with one, but try to feed only when it's full as it's less pain. and now ds seems to like the sore side, probably another cocoa lover???

uploading: ur pic has to be within 600x600 and less then 50dpi. then use the upload attachment to do it

Here is my piggy at 8 months.
1616679.jpg

hei sue,
cute baby..wahah..bite bite mummy's 'nenen' ya
dun bite ok sayang,jus lick!!oops

k itry post pix here ya...mummies..join me!!

wah all the piglets so cute

chergamine, aldrin so mature leh not like 12 months at all more like 2 yr old leh

sue, your piggy is like sumo hor hee hee what is his weight ah ?

i will try to upload over the weekend still have to figure out how to do it

re : corn kernels

gave it to DS he loves it. but i have a problem he poo out the corn kernels as it is, that means not digested, is it normal ?

thanks sleek, DS is much better now, still got lots of phelgm it is not getting out i wonder how to make him spit since he got a bit of constipation too. he is also scratching this neck i think maybe itchy throat.

re : NDP
any one bringing piggies for fireworks viewing ? I would love to but sure a lot of people and not sure where to view. any ideas ?

mami: it's normal so means you prolly need to mash it slightly before giving to your baby, if still poo out whole then better wait till he is older to give. heehee
happy.gif
hope your son can get rid of the phlegm, i dont have any advise for you about this
sad.gif

hi sue,
ur bb looks so chubby, she so naughty bite u ha...
happy.gif
my son also the same &amp; i ve sore nipple for almost a week but still need to nurse him as he refused bottle. When he started to ve teeth, he would bite &amp; pull, until so painful that I "smacked" his face &amp; scolded him no more neinei for u I din continue nursing after that, he seems to u/stand &amp; he stop biting but will still pull sometime. I do remind him now &amp; then not to bite me, so far so good la.

hi chergamine,
ur son looks much older... he has curly hair, v cute. wah, he can stand so steadily, can he walk already?

Hi mami: for constipation, try to drink prune juice or can cook chinese barley for him. Sorry i also dun know how to get rid of phlegm too. Hope he's getting better now.

yeah, my piggy... but he too active to be a piggy, though looks like one. hahaha.
He was 11kg 2 months ago... gain a little but not much i guess since eating solid now.

re: corn kernels
I process using food processor, so effectively it's smashed.

baby doll,
our ds names omos same huh..*smile*
very cute..hail the piggies
my ds,running now(14mths)ec time outing,must nego with him!"dun run ok,walk..if not mr maclaren u sit!!"heheh but he loves sitting on strollers...cos dat signals OUTINGS!!
and yep ds grows too fast
mami35,
aldrin too,pooed out some of the kernel corns as it is.So now i partially mashed em.And he loves the whole corn..know y?HIS official TEETHING Object as for now!!LOL
sue,
ur ds sure a sumo ya.Aldrin is only 10kg since 12mths and weight gain slows down since he started walking at 10mths.N when he fell sick last month,drop weight..haiz..
OK,at least to sling him is still manageable..hhee

chergamine,
we thot so that he will slim down after solid and sickness, like his elder bro, but think he really piggy at nature (hope not throughout his life, haha), still rather sumo though not as fleshy as b4.
yah, putting his in sling is really stressful - to my shoulder, but better then carrying with hands.
nowadays so much forum talks on stroller issue, so i try not to use so much unless hubby around.

Hi mummies, i think all my pic are too large cannot upload, hmmm will have to figure out how to shrink it.

re : corn kernels
sleek, chergamaine - oh so your DS also same case that means Brandon is normal.. hee .. after he tasted the kernels gosh now he wants them all the time or else he would not eat his porridge, so i have to hide the kernels from him if I use it for the stock
biggrin.gif
... so i tried to cheat and gave him potato, he took it for the 1st day but subsequently he threw them away
kao_angry.gif

babydoll, Alden so cute and got great skin !!! thanks for the info on prune juice will let Brandon try it.

sue, your sumo was more fleshy before, gosh i salute you that you can still sling him .. i gave up on the sling that is why i got the ergo .. much better now !

eerr what about the stroller issue ?

welcome ichigo, do you know why we need tickets for the fireworks show end of august, got special seating area ah ?

Back