(2007/11) November MTBs

Hi Kaye,

we got it at ard 600psf.. thought it will go down further but we couldnt wait longer as sengkang area hasnt got many condos plus we may not be able to get our preferred stack if we wait till it drop further. bo bian lor. so long it isnt bought at peak we are glad liao though cant catch the the lowest.

Cactusnah,
Stay strong and really hope the best for you.
 


Pig, the condo location is not bad. Near to the stn n the mini central there. True, as long as its within budget can liao... Isit fully furnished?
 
Pig: I think I can just walk to your place. Yup, the area is almost done. I think recently there also have open house cos alots of people come for viewing.

Its near MRT and there is two Kopitiam there, one is air-conditioned and one is not. Bonus, 24hrs NTUC.
 
Hi K@ye,

Its almost done up. just need to do lightings and probably change bit of kitchen fittings. all else should be fine. at least can save on renovation costs.

Hi Gelyn,

Ya.. the open house was just last weekend. we got our unit few days before that hence price still slightly better. you staying around that area as well?

At least its walking distance to mrt and yes, all the food court and ntuc. we had wanted to wait if there are units from hdb esp those ard that area.very nice location.more accessible and better than quartz , i think... but guess mostly snapped up also.
 
cactusnah, hugs to you. I also think u should wait 1-2 weeks more. when i had M n went to gynae he also couldn detect heartbeat or see sac n i was abt sligtly less than 6 weeks. so it was still early. dun worry n hv enough rest for now.

my fren has a similar case too. Her gyna also very high tech (Dr Adrian WW) at sengkang. so it might nt be jus abt the high tech scans or what, sometimes really too early to detect.
 
cactusnah:
Hope everything will be fine for you. Ya. I also think wait 1 or 2 weeks and see how. Try to rest more on yr sides to aid bb blood circulation.

ASHM:
Am fine thanks for asking. 7 more weeks to go. Really want to join u gals for lunch but I just went back to office and work, so need to be a little bit guai guai.
happy.gif
Next time.

And really tired these days with work, tod waking up at night due to teething and etc...

How was Paris?
 
cindy,
congrats!!

Rachel C,
me at 33wks now, maybe will do c-sect when i'm 38wks coz not going for natural. but yet cfm the date... when is your EDD?? going natural or??

cactusnah,
<font color="ff0000">*HUGS*</font> do get 2nd/3rd opinion n dun let wat ur gynae say affect u too much for now. have faith, be strong and will pray for you! jia you!!


missA,
let me know the NTUC pull-up pants quality if you had let A tried it on. me also thot of getting since it's so much cheaper!
 
cactusnah:all the best ar my friend......amitabha
happy.gif
wait as per advice la
happy.gif


ASHM:woman then my i know roughly how much is ur place roughly la.....just wanna chk the market now.need renovation??????
oh ya the EYS at the airport closed for renovations le!!!!!!!!so cant get it for u the powder.

missA:kk already remembered la tks for reminding me :p
my number 8223 7104.
 
CActus,
yes, we r all behind u
happy.gif
Change a gynae pls!

Congrats to Cindy n her beloved bb gal!

Pig,
that area is nice
happy.gif
We also go there for NTUC quick shop n dinner makan sometimes. In fact I hv a few frenz staying at those blocks - really a good buy
 
cactus,
*hugs* Be strong. Take the advice, wait for 1-2 wks more then check again...

Pig,
hehe, no wonder i saw u join "Fan of Quartz Condo" in facebook... hehe...
how big is the unit at Quartz?

re: EM/EA
looks like there are some fans of EM/EA here... if i really wan to move, will wan to look for something like tat... bigger and yet not too ex :p


RachelC/Kitty:
wow, both ur EDDs are nearing! so fast!
must b excited!

Cindy, Congrats!
 
Cactus: So sorry to hear about your plight. I agree that you should wait for 1-2 more weeks just to be certain. I'll keep you in my prayers too. Be strong.

ASHM: Wah! New place ah! You must be super happy! =)

Cindy: Congrats girl! Pictures! Pictures! =) Jeff! What are you doing?! kekeke.
 
cindy:congrats!!!!!!!relax and enjoy ur confinement
happy.gif
did u hire a confinement lady?

cactus:actually my SIL same timing as u also no heart beat le........hopefully its too early to tell...her hormones this time is really strong though.....all the best


K@ye:havent sms ur friend's number yet le......8223 7104 har tks tks
happy.gif
 
cindy,
congrats!

cactus,
like what the rest say, wait for a couple more weeks lor...
luckily u didnt agree to what ur gynae proposed..
not like there is an urgent need to go for the procedure now right, since it's still at such at early stage, y not wait and see to confirm lor..haiz...
anyway, think positive and keep up the faith, hopefully it's just a false alarm...*hugz*
 
cactus: Ya I agree, if u had ovulated later, then it might be too early to hear heartbeat. That's y I never visited a gynae until 8 weeks this time, after I confirmed my preg with a blood test. But since you had some spotting, I would advise you to get a 2nd opinion. Go to Dr Chan (I have the same gynae as poissons). He is really good and experienced. I would trust him. Keep us informed. Will keep you in prayers... Take care and be strong no matter what. I had a chemical pregnancy before hvg Matt, so I knew exactly how you are feeling now. But you need to be strong.
 
kaye,
i want to ask u abt the pampers that u say offer at ntuc. can you rem how much/how many pcs? haahaa cos last time is rem i got at around 39cents per piece. A wears L size.
 
kitty, let me finish the current huggies pull ups then I'll try the NTUC. In fact I like pampers pull ups cos it comes with a sticky tape to tape up the diaper after use. Too bad very ex and always no offer.
 
K@ye: I just went to the Baby Fair this afternoon. Avent is having promotion. Huggies and Dryers are there. But I didn't see Pampers booth. Nan HA2 is selling S$34 per can and 2 for $65 I think. Nan 3, I didn't notice.
 
Gelyn, do u remember how much is the Huggies Ultra?

Now i know y so quiet, coz alot of mummies going to the baby fair!
 
Hi Lazykat,
Yeah..we will go to the foodcourt for dinner or buy stuff from ntuc. One thing to note is that its no longe 'safe' to park by the roadside. Just last week we saw police taking down the carplate number of vehicles parked there.

Hi Plim,
Ya.. joined the group in hope to hear of news or other upcoming stuff for quartz. Been hearing different dates on the TOP. Its 3 bedroom or 3+1 bedroom at quartz. we took the 3 bedroom one, i tink size is 107. smaller than my current 5 room hdb at 118. the 3+1 is out of budget..price difference of almost 100-150k.
 
Gelyn, thanks. Same price as selling in NTUC now.

MissA, really heng ah! Btw, give me a call or sms me if u want to come down this weekend to collect the crocs. Coz hubby &amp; i are going for a hotel stay tmr and Sunday, we need to attend his fren's boy 1st mth.
 
missA, mambo,
u hv anywhere in mind aft the GUG trial? Weishy may be joinging us for tea. so if we can decide a place will be easier for her to meet us there aft our class.
suggestions?
 
MM/missA:ladies ur GUG trial is on monday right??????may hv to meet later cos my gynea appt is at 2pm......morning he busy :p
 
Rachel - Good to know you are doing well...yes 7 more weeks to go!! Jia you!! Paris trip was excellent just that the weather was kindda of too cold for me
happy.gif


Baby Fair - Was there this evening to buy NAN 3 -2 for $48 and 1 for $25. Saw one mummy bought 24 cans at one go.....
happy.gif


GUG at Suntec - Ash went for the trial this afternoon. It is the same as PDS except that they dont have outdoor play like PDS. The school is only 1.5month old and therfore all the stuff are new and clean! Debbie (the lady at the reception) was telling me now the Gifted Babies class is held twice weekly which is on Mon and Fri. If we have enough numbers, she will open the Wed and Fri class for us. MissA, MM and Mambobb - let me know your feedback after Mon's class ok??
 
missA - GUG is on the 3rd floor above Carrefour -you have to turn left when you take the escalator from Carrefour. Its hidden behind some shops that sell fashion stuff/clothes..... hope this helps...
 
weishy, so roughly what time u will be done? i might need to make a move latest 4pm. dun wan to clash with the working crowd n taxi very ex ah!

missA, we see if weishy is still meeting us or not. or maybe if u girls can stay longer then can arrange a plc to meet with her.

ASHM, thanks for ur info.
happy.gif
i most likely wont be joining GUG so soon..hehehe jus go for the trial for fun cos heard lotsa comments abt it.
 
Mummies - just read from today's ST, there's this lady named Lisa,organised a spree on Singapore Motherhood Forum selling Coach bags at very good price. She apparently disappeared after collecting more than $30,000 from the mummies..... But one of her relative later claimed that Lisa met with an accident and therfore she will refund the $$ back but unfortunately only to a few mummies. So now this is being reported to the police.....Hope non of the Nov mummies caught in this 'scam' huh.....
 
ASHM: Glad to hear both you and Ash enjoyed the class. What are their charges like? Do they have any classes on weekends?

I also read about the ST report on the scam. I bought my Kate Spade bag through a similar spree (not with Lisa) though. Have to be very careful in future if I'm going to do such deals in future.

Today's ST also has a controversial article on paracetamol and asthma. As a health care professional I feel that it is VERY IRRESPONSIBLE of ST to publish such an article to the public. Such a retrospective study is not powered to determine causality! Only to tease out possible linkages which needs further confirmation in a full fledged clinical trial. I also kena scolded by my MIL in the morning because of it. sigh...waste of my breath to explain that if the fever is too high, the child will have seizures. So what do you want? A child with brain damage or a child with a possible "link" to asthma later in life that is based on no scientific evidence. Mummies, please go and educate your friends as well...

I really feel like gathering a petition to write to the ST and ask them to fund a study to see how much (in terms of hospital admissions due to seizures, parents off-days from work to look after their children, emotional distress to children who feel unwell etc.) they will cause Singaporeans by publishing that story to an undiscerning public!

Sorry for ranting...but I'm just too disgusted.
 
ASHM, i actually kpo and saw the BP thread of that scam lah... My conclusion is, u wanna buy at a discount, the source must be reliable if not, go to the authorised retailed to buy!

Michviv, i was telling my hubby abt ur rant. He works in SPH, he suggests u go to Stomp and feedback.

Frankly speaking, all these are statistics. As far as i know, Asthma is genetic... Like Claire has LS, I need to feed her soy FM to prevent it from worsening... But soy FM will cause her eczema to flare up... So it s a dilemma... but like what Michviv points out... I rather stop the LS and deal with the eczema later.. Its a matter of dealing with the situation... Which one is more impt? Unfortunately, some choose the other way....
 
michviv - such a heavy rain when we left after PDS class!! For GUG - the charges are $280 for twice weekly and $360 for 3 times a week. I dont know why the lady told me i have to pay $520 if i were to sign up. No weekend classes though... Like i said, its the same as PDS, just that they dont have outdoor play and they do not provide snacks and drinks.....

Grace and I were talking earlier, maybe can consider to continue the 2nd term with PDS?? Till the slots are available at JG. BTW my girlfriend withdraws her son from JG Evans Rd the bilinigual playgroup because she complaines the class is too crowded, 20 over children! So we better check out if the new term / class is so pack, i dont think i want Ash to join.....

General Health Education - I guess we need to really find out and read related articles on these health topics. Cannot just bang on the newspapers, like you said, they can be very irresponsible and this can cause unnecessary panics among the parents!!
 


k@ye - I totally agreed! Do not deal with some strangers out there to avoid unnecessary disputes. Put it this way i dont think it is worth it to get the discount and in the end you have to spend more time and effort to sort it out!

Enjoy your hotel stay this weekend!!
 

Back
Top