(2007/11) November MTBs

Cactusnah,
G no longer sumo liao, weight has dropped to 11.6kg. Everytime my in laws see him, will comment that he very thin now, face very small, so poor thing..i hear already also sianz. As long as he is healthy, i'm happy. My hubby remembers E as the "handsome boy"..hehe.

Cod Liver Oil,
I haven't feed G any yet. Cos the moment he sees the teaspoon or syringe going near him, he associates it as taking meds which he fears cos' we have been feeding him with so much meds over the past few weeks. Poor boy. Can mix the oil with food instead? What about the vits?
 


k@ye thanks for the info on the vits.! I also read if taking sambucus to break for 2 wks after finishing 1 btl.

Re: cod liver oil
Geyln, I jus feed my gal direct with spoon. She like the taste.
 
ASHM: Cos my son don't really like the taste of cod liver oil. Maybe its taste fishy. The one I have is childlife which MissA helped us to order.
happy.gif


Poochi: which brand of Cod Liver Oil you bought?
 
Cindy, she is there for 2 days. Seems ok lah... And she is enjoying herself coz she gets to eat alot of food that she dun eat in SG.

I feed Claire cod liver oil directly via spoon coz its quite oily and got a smell. My hubby complain abt the milk bottle being oily & stuff when i mixed it with milk powder...

Think the Childlife cod liver oil considered not fishy liao!

Poissons, can mix the liver oil with food if u dun mind the bowl being oily lah...
 
Gelyn - Yes the Scotts Emulsion - white col (original) one does taste fishy! I gave Ash when he turns 1 year old....guess he still young at that time to reject it,hahaha
happy.gif
So now he would think it is a routine to eat it after breakfast!
 
Mambobb: you are looking at sat or sun and what time? I happen to pass by GUG United Sq yesterday noon and I took the schedule as below:

GUG - Parent & Babe (Sat/ Sun)
Time:
09:30 - 11:00
11:30 - 13:00
14:00 - 16:30
16:00 - 17:30

By the way the trial @$25 + 7% GST only apply to Suntec Branch.

I was thinking of doing the trial in March but I can't make it on 14 & 15th Mar.
 
ASHM: Haha...so you make it like his routine. I didn't thought of that. But that's really a good one. At least he won't reject.

K@ye: I didn't try it but it smell fishy to me though also have the strawberry smell as well. But its does look oily. Maybe I should mix into his soild. Cos I can tell he don't really like the taste.
 
gelyn, i mix the cod liver oil with sambucus & multivit and add a little water and feed thru spoon. A's been sick so she past few tries she thinks it's med and reject else she look forward to the treat everyday.

gelyn, mambobb, count me in for GUG trial.

michviv, A @ 15 mths weigh 11.8kg & 79cm (with shoes)
 
Gelyn, its fishy with strawberry smell & oilu but not as fishy as the Scott's brand that ASHM mentioned!

Claire's last measurement @ 15mths ++, 80cm & 10.7kg....
 
K@ye: Thanks for advice. :) Cos I never tried the Scott's brand before. Now thinking of mixing to his food. Heehee...

missA: What is sambucus?
 
I am ok with sat or sun.. depending on most mummies.

GUG @ Suntec
Parent & Babes 8mth - 18mths
Sat/Sun
0930 - 1100
1130 - 1300
1400 - 1530
1600 - 1730

Me free from next week onwards, but one of the mummies here have to sms me coz me don hv net access at home. =p
 
BECO carrier:
any mummy still using the carrier? C is getting heavier liao.. my shoulder cannot take it if carry for too long. May I know is it piggyback them better? not that heavy?
 
kaye: me scare she anyhow touch here touch there without me controlling her from behind leh.. haha.. especially shopping time.

and if she wants to sleep, easier for me too.. how you know she is falling sleep?
 
mambobb, i only use the BECO few times only. Have not tried the piggy back before, the strapping is the same?

Gelyn, Sambuscus is made from elderberry, suppose to build immunity.
 
Gelyn, I also use childlife, the smell is not as strong as the original cold liver oil(white) one. Think its ook to mix in the food.

Sambucus/sambucol is "black elderberry extract are proven to be "bioavailable" and active within the body for optimal effectiveness" Its meant to treat/preent colds.
 
k@ye, i tot piggyback more xiong le..cos the weight tend to pull u backwards. i also feel more secure carrying from the front. but i simply love the Beco butterfly cos it saved me during the trip...i can pass M over to my hb n vice versa without waking her up from her sleep.

Mummies, i m keen to go for the GUG trial, weekday. Anyone? Mambobb and myself tentaively selected:

GUG @ Suntec
Parent & Babes 8mth - 18mths
next Tue
1400 - 1530

join us if u can - before or aft the trial can go gai gai...hehehee
 
K@ye:5 adults loooo normal car but in hkg can take 5 mah :p


Gelyn:hayley's having the NORDIC NATURALS cod oil(strawberry flavour),cos contains no mercury..some brands hv but i dunno which one dun hv.
Initially she dun like it(even i felt yucks.....too strong the smell super fishy) then we trick her puting one piece of cereal(regular O etc...) then she's oki :p

HAyley's measurement......sadly still 10kg......small size la......


wah u guys' toddlers really can eat le....

HAyley's feeding schedule
7am~150ml

8:30am~breakfast (yogurt/fruits/bread)

11am ~ 1230pm ~zzzzzzzzzzzz

1pm:lunch (rice/pasta/sweet pot/mashed pot/veg~mixed mixed....depending on days)

5:30pm~dinner (diff from lunch)

8pm:200ml milk

I realised if hse goes to school(playgroup 3x a week now) ,when she's back she'll be hungry and wants to eat :p
 
Haha mambbob:: March me can't la. confinement.. booo. But next wk, still feb, offer also apply? tues have to see how, cause thurs gg for Op liao!! haha!!

MM, did the milk ss come in quicker for the M as compared to F? hehe.

kaye:: NICE TO HEAR !! ahaha.
 
cindy, think i forgot to ans your question....it is still cold here! some days still snowing .... cannot wait for spring to come!

i can see the tulips growing bit by bit, day by day in my front garden, can't wait for them to bloom in spring!
 
Dreamer, must take pix of the tulips hor!! Me want to see!

Weishy, oh... My Mum told me, its "Ba wang" car.. So, i dunno how big ur fren car is mah!

MM, depends lah... I piggyback her coz easily to run with her on my back.. Only problem is i can't protect her if ppl wanna squeeze and can't prevent her from anyhow touch things...
 
Cindy, for M my milk definately came in fast n furious! hahaha but becos M latched since birth but F didnt..he was on/off my breast + FM...so cannot compare la. now i got a problem le...when i was in hkg, M kept wanting to latch...more for comfort i can see.that caused my ss to increase! now i hv slight engorgement in the daytime! Hiaz!!!

now i m seriously thinking to wean her off but dunno how...i do love the bonding now still, she will play with my buttons, pull my necklace , smile at me halfway thru feeds etc...cannot bear to stop ...dilemma!

K@ye, run? hahaha cannot imagine that. i very paranoid le..scared she will fall /drop out from the carrier is she is behind, but anyway it feels heavier for me to piggyback her.
 
Cactus,
congrats, hv not been following the thread the past few days. Another moo moo, =P and yeah baby gal dust to u.. then can shop non-stop for all those girlish things!

MM, Mambobb,
i dun mind trying out for GUG trial but the timing not gd for me - cos its ZY nap time leh.

Weishy,
I guess gals more petite in general bah.. mine also only 10kg, 77cm.. height like stagnant for quite some time. Anyway by 2, they shld hv reached abt half of their adult's height.. so still got some more mths to catch up.. hee
 
LAzykat;our 2 little friends can shake hand loooo :p.
BY 2????so fast???????ya man few months only le....................
 
I can go during weekday and weekend. I wonder can I go for 2 classes since its different program =p.

GUG Trial Class Weekday
Mon/Wed/Fri: 1300 - 1400
Tue/Thur: 0930-1100 / 1400-1530 / 1600 - 1730

MM - Tue (1400-1530)
Mambobb - Tue (1400-1530) *Still available for other dates too

GUG Trial Class Weekend
Sat/Sun: 0930-1100 / 1130-1300 / 1400-1530 / 1600-1730

Mambobb - Available anytime
 
dreamer, wow. Take photo and put in fb Haha. I wanna see! And of kaira too la. She is one of my fav girls Haha.

Mm, u gave me hope! Hope! Haha. This time me also doing csect but will try latch asap.. Hope milk be in faster and won't succumb to Fm in hosp. Heee. Oh I also wanna ask u, Haha, u know the donut relief pack? I wonder if its good to relieve engorgement, sigh really worried about that Haha, last time only used hot bath and hot towel and cabbage.

I understand how u feel lo. When I stopped latching travis, I also a little heartache but then, its because I was preggie, and plus, like m, he was just latching for comfort. Immediately when I stopped, he didn't get up in the middle of the night anymore and I truly welcomed my one night rest once again.

U already did a great job now that they are 15mth. Heee. stop when u truly feel ready and comfortable, easy for u and m.
 
MM, Mambobb, next tues I can't make it too. Was looking at weekend. You ladies enjoy.
happy.gif


Thanks missA and Poochi for explaining what is Sambuscus. Cos I never do homework....heehee
 
Re: GUG
its ok ladies if u all prefer to go on weekends. I wont be able to make it though cos weekends are really hectic for me
happy.gif
Will see how if anyone can join me for Tue jus let me know

Cindy, i didnt succumb to FM in hospital although only once the nurse mistakenly tot i told them i want to sleep and asked them to feed M with FM! Talking abt it makes my blood boil again.
i think real milk only came in on the 4th day aft delivery. before that its all colostrum. luckily M was jus satisfied with latching every 3hrly in hospital as i requested TBF.

i didnt buy the donut shaped gel pack, i used the Osim gel pack i had. it can be used as cold or hot compress. i realised its nt that efficient in relieving engorgement. i preferred a hot shower or jus keep feeding M. massaging helps too.

i guess u really dun need to be over concerned cos u are not BF for the 1st time, so this round will sure hv plenty of milk!

poochi, didnt receive ur email leh...
 
weishy,

i also started aaron on nordic natural lately.
he didnt seem to like it too though it's strawberry flavoured...

btw, how much are u giving hayley each time??
 
Dreamer: Ya, take more photos of the tulips. It's my favourite flower. Wish i was there to witness the sight. Haha...

Matt also only abt 78cm and 10.2kg at 15 mths. small small...
 
mambobb, MM, GI can do GUG nx thurs or fri. If weekend i prefer 9.30am, if after 22 March then anythime cos no more Gym or SM. I'll be giving up SM after this term, wasted a lot of $
sad.gif
 
missA,
really giving up SM? How much is the charges per term? I suppose materials are additional?

Club Med having some good offers, second adult stays for free! I am checking out Club Med Bali too
happy.gif


ASHM,
I tried Kindermusik, not for me too, cos can get routine and boring after a while even when on the trial! (tho todds might appreciate that!)
 
poissons - Yes they have trial at S$35 nett and refer to the timings on their website. Course fee is S$100 per month. I will try the one at Parkway Centre if I want cos its near to my place
happy.gif
 
poissons, I just called Seimpi Funan, they have a parent preview this Sat. Classes are charged on a monthly basis depending on the # of class, ave $100 per mth, trial is $35. Each lesson 45 mins, they do flashcards. Max 8 per class.

I prob will do a trial on a Sat morn 9.45am. Anyone interested?
 
Lazykat - Ok I heard of both + and - feedbacks about them so am trying out this Fri
happy.gif


Anyone try the music lesson with Gymboree? Good?
 
ASHM: Matt's doing Gymboree. We didn't like the play classes. So we merely do music lessons. it's not bad but I think it can also get quite repetitive. now I just going to finish Matt on the sessions I bought and then stop.
 
missA: this sat I cant make it coz need to bring C for her MMR.

ASHM: this fri I cant make it too coz still working.. sigh

no one interested in the GUG?
 



Back
Top