(2007/11) November MTBs


I've never seen the sammies at samsonite store ley. Suntec have, imm also have. Haha.

Zzz all the best!

Tinkabel: that neurotree is some enrichment program Heee. Will check it out. My friend gave me the link. Heee.
 
ueno, missA and gemini: what are you all doing for home practice? my hubby attending the pec now.. i only flashcard and do linking memory.. don't really know what else to do.. how do you get your flashcards? so far i buy, but realise need a lot of them!

re: little neuro tree
supposedly similar to shichida but each lesson is solely in one language with trio of english, mandarin and jap..

re JG playclub
luke's on the waitlist for the mandarin and bilingual playclub in july at forum
happy.gif
 
cindy, the samsonite shop dun hv sammies.

fushiastar, at PEC the principal say linking memory not for kids under 2. last sunday i went to the shop and the lady tell me the same so I din buy. I'll prob start home practice after my class tmr. Been lazy and A too tired at night to do anything serious.
 
cindy,
little neuro tree is Trio. they changed their name n started a few new branches, they have lessons conducted in eng, chinese n jap, eack week a different language. i attended their trial before.
 
missA n fushiastar,
L started linking memory(5 cards) when he was 6.5mths, now he is doing the 2yrs old linking memory (6 cards). our babies r considered 2yrs old cos they r 2007 babies.
 
cindy,
my pd at mount a is dr lee chien yee at kinderclinic. she has 3 kids and is very motherly. Dr terence tan is her cousin and super popular. his queue is horrid though, i heard at least 2 hours leh. she is very pro-bf one. she will help all she can.

re:little neuro tree
ashlyn been to the trial class before when she was much younger...i think around 8-9 mths that time with mischa. its not bad but i guess most importantly, no matter wat, practice and revision is very impt at home.
 
missA,
A is so smart! give her some time to settle down in class, usually they need time to adjust. L is doing that for home practice but he likes to play with the cards more than pointing out the right one.
 
ueno,
can I check when is the expiry date for the coupons and if they are only meant for bilingual playclub (but that means hv to be 18mths and above right)? My fren is also keen so we dun mind taking 2 coupons.
 
missA,
ZY can hi-5 A also.. her fav words are Apple and nana (=banana!) as well as aiya and oh no! haha

ueno,
our flashcards hv been so badly messed up by ZY that I also dun know how to coach her. She doesnt follow rules as well!
 
lazykat,
the vouchers r meant for playnest(6-18mths)n playclub(18mths n above). there is no expiry date for the vouchers. u can call them up to make appt then let me know, i will just leave them at the counter with yr name. easier that way, no need to meet up.
 
lazykat, same here! I'm going to hv a tough time tidying up the flash cards haha. A says yiya yiya instead of aiya lol.
 
ueno,
but that means we can only go for the forum one right?

missA,
the flashcards are being thrown into 1 container and empty all out.. squashed.. i give up liao. Luckily my fren got me some very hard ones, haha. She is still turning in circles, but latest trick is to tip-toe and walk.. i wonder why? So we hv another happy go lucky todd here.
 
lazykat, I hv the hard flashcards and the corners are badly bitten. Nowadays, she'll use her teeth to open containers, creams etc. Yesterday she ate some nappy creme
sad.gif
Our kids ah, give up!
 
Thanks for info k@ye, I probably will try to take my time then don't really want to force him also.

tinkabel, haha! my son oso was super addicted that's why i decided to wean him off. Nothing to do take pacifier, see pacifier on the table also take and put in his mouth.

michviv wow! So many teeth? my son only has 4 on top and 2 below. Is he slow?

Re: Flashcards. I'm using the Glen Doman set, but dunno much about the linking method. Is that the Shishida method or some other method. Any websites for me to browse?
 
Grace, ueno, fushiastar:: thank you for letting me know on neurotree. How do u find the trial? ehhe wonder if anyone went after they changed their name... see if got anything different..

Grace:: OKIES!! then i will say I wanna opt for Dr Lee see can or not. ahah!!

ueno:: Happy to hear L's progress. He's definitely a genius! ehhe!! My Travis is still learning how to walk muahaha. The only thing he can say is CLOCK. Whether is it clock on the wall or watch on our wrist, it's all clock to him. haha..

michviv:: HUGS to ethan, hope he feels and gets better soooon!!

missA:: haha Ash is realy cute le!! so now u got give her pacifier to go to school? btw, who cut her hair for her? ehhehe..

lazykat:: SAME LA. the flashcards, don't know why hor.. not complete set haha. kanna folded, eaten, licked... very terrible condition now. haha!!
 
cindy, we took her to a $10 cut ($6 for infant) after her visit to the doctor. She was cranky and ended up the hair slant one side lol. Normally my granny and aunty bring her to a home salon and she very guai one according to them. I find she's more well behave when me or hubby not ard.

cindy, she has a pacifier milk bottle & water mug in school, they will sterilise everyday for the kiddos.
 
k@ye, the crocs shoes so heavy, I wonder how they packed them. I just ordered bath & bodyworks stuff and the package came 6.7kg. At first I thought why so heavy now even crocs are heavier than shower gels!
 
MissA, shower foam & stuff heavy i still can understand but the crocs... I really @$@#$ how they packed...

But i think its still cheaper than buying in SG even with the freight charges in.
 
Re: Flashcards
I am also doing the glenn doman method in English, Mandarin and Maths. Really takes a lot of perseverance. Also show him picture flashcards with words more occasionally. What's linking memory cards?
 
our kids development:

mummies, i find that the more enrichment course and the faster your kid develops, the more demanding they are and of course the more active and naughty.

Hanns considered quite fast in term of physical and speech but he is very very active, very demanding and very naughty that at times I wanted to give up. He is running and "cheong" everywhere, nevermind that he will fall, just climb up and cheong again, refused to let me hold him, wanted to climb stairs all the times, even climbing window grills now. He can repeat single or 2, 3 words after me easily, recognised 1 to 10 and say it out in english and japanese, whatever he wants, he will said " I want"

We talk to him alot, got my 3 yrs old nephew to play, fight, push, snatch with him all day so I guess that contribute to his development, will copy whatever my nephew do, start to fight back when my nephew bully him by biting him.

He is currently attending shicida but I dun think shicida method is that fantastic that one die die must attend to cultivate genuis but I find him very naughty, maybe fast development has their cons too, find that he is at a stage where i still cannot reason with him and as he knows how to express himself, we cannot ignore him too, when he woke up, he will stand and called out Pa Pa, Ne Ne, I wait! and keep calling out till we give in. in the past, if he cry, we ignored till he give in, now we can understand his demands, simply cannot ignore.

Now that i am pregnant, I really very tired running around with him whole day, told my hb that will send him to childcare when he is 18 mths, hope he dun go there and bite others kids, sigh!

how you mummies disciphine your kids at this age, can we beat? i talk and talk and he dun even look at me. He loves to scream too, how? how? put him in stroller or rocker or high chair, he wants to climb out.
 
fushiastar

I started with the Glenn Doman method. I made them myself, I tell you, i spend quite a bit of time to do the flashcards, esp the dot cards. Luckily, my hubby helps me with the pasting of the dots.

I bought some sets from SM also, started flashing them. Normally, we will do it at night and will keep away those cards after flashing. I do buy some other cards where I'll flash and allow her to play with them.

How do we do the linking memory?

Lazykat

My gal also starts to tip-toe. I got a niece at home just starting to walk and she's tip-toe-ing. My mum says my gal is in the copy-cat phrase now. Just got to constantly remind her lor.
 
Gemini, I just read a bit on the linking memory. Show picture cards and tell a story. Each time, kid can recite or point to cards in the correct order, u add another card. So by right, by abt 2, they should be able to do like 20-50 cards in the right order. Apparently helps to enhance their memory.

Do u find ur gal liking the flashcards? for some reason, Matt likes the Mandarin words better (ie appears more attentive). But lots of patience and perseverance man... There are days when I come back feeling so tired and still hv to drag myself to do flashcards with him. But luckily I take turns with my hubby. hahaha...
 
Happy, I dun send Claire to any classes but she is equally demanding, active & naughty! I guess nothing to do with enrichment classes lah...

But like what Gemini19 says, they re at the copycat stage lor... So having ur nephew around, Hanns will follow the behaviour suit lor...

I actually realised IGNORING them when they re being demanding is the best. Except that u got to be hard hearted and thick skinned. I received alot of stares from the public when Claire throws tantrums and i refused to pacify her.

I sometimes whacked Claire's hand & butt in a bid to discipline her. Oh, our little ones are too young for reasoning... so no point talking to them at times!
 
Happy,
i agree that our todds no longer guai guai and starting to be more assertive. I did beat ZY on her butt before, but each time i did it, i regretted it almost immed. Worse, it makes her cry harder.. so now i try to calm myself down and try to calm her/distract her before reasoning to her. But when it comes to food, we usually give in to her demands (giving her the benefit of doubt that it is due to real needs) when it comes to wanting morning milk, snacks.

I will hold her and ask her to look at me when we talk, and if she screams, dun scream back, she will be bored after a while if no one responds to her. At least i know my gal chi ruan bu chi ying - so i find softer tone works on her better than shouting at her (unless its something dangerous)

Gd luck, must hv been much tougher now that u r pregnant!
 
Gemini,
funny thing is there is no baby doing that for her to copycat.. so i suspect she sees me in high heels hence pretend to walk with heels too.. now she also pretends to wear makeup, so farnie! These little ones..

Tinkabel,
u so on.. me not so on in flashing the cards, i prefer to show her the "real thing" but prob ineffective compared to constant flashing cos their memory still short.
 
Linking memory:
My nieced attended SM when she was 2 and i coached her on linking memory before and is very impressed. Just flash the cards that tell a story (sometimes the stories doesn't make sense type) and then lay the cards on the floor and ask which card comes first and next. After a few times, she can really remember all and she can pick the cards for me real fast.

Gemini and MissA,
your todds attending which day/time for SM? I'm starting G in April for their Sat 4.30pm class at springleaf
 
happy: I also beat Matt's hand. Beat a few times, then he just stand there and cry for a while. Ignored me after that for 1 hr. This happened last night. Sigh, but he never learns. Always do back the same thing that makes me angry. My mum say, after beating him, dun pick him up, let him come to me, else next time he will not be scared if I beat him again.
 
happy hope you're doing GREAT with your pregnancy so far.. hehe i forgot, but i think it's a princess? hehe!!

tinkabel, kaye, lazykat and happy:: each time T screams or shouts or just expects to be served, i scold him and tlak to him nicely and beat his hand and butt, he thinks i'm playing with him. 2 seconds later, he burst out laughing and try to repeat his naughty acts. AHHA!!

poissons:: wonder if there's any more slots for sat? i tihnk not la hor.. probably on wait list hehe!! How's G?

kaye:: i just saw your blog, sigh poor claire, i really hope that she gets this prob solved soon!!
 
morning mummies,
i finnally appear again after MIA for so long =P

zzz,
congrats! another brave mummy.

tinkabel,
me too, i grind my teeth when i sleep. my bro does tat too. wonder if it's stress-related.

Grinding Teeth:
Jovan started grinding his teeth recently. we will try to stop him or distract him when he does tat. he has a really cheeky & cute look when he grinds his teeth, like he is up to some mischief.

Pacifier:
J used to take pacifier only when he sleeps. after he turned one, he just suddenly refused the pacifier. we never tried to wean him off. the same thing happened to my fren's daughter.

Flashcards:
think i'm the only mummy who never do flashcard. i only read to him. now he is more interested in reading. sometimes he will request us to read a book to him.

Walking/Talking:
J can run alittle & sometimes he tries to tiptoe when walking. he can say quite a few words now - Daddy, 爸爸, 妈妈, Auntie, 抱抱, mum-mum, ball ball. i have heard him say - ABC, orange, milk, up, down, shoe, knock - but not as frequent as the first set of words.
 
cindy,tinkabel,

yes, sometimes that happens with Hanns, he think i am playing with him and he laughs when i beat him. I am just worry that he will develop bad behavior problems as he grows cos my nephew never been so difficult leh.

poissons,

with hanns behaving so actively, I sometimes wanted to withdraw him from SM cos he always walk around and the teacher there for their age are mostly junior so they tends to be too slow for hanns, he likes fast speed learning, if teacher too slow, he wants to go down and walk or get distracted already and most actively, i am the one doing instead of him, one hand trying to grab him to his chair, one hand stopping him from throwing the things off the table and one leg trying to stop the table from moving away and one leg left to balance him with me, after the lesson, I am so so tired. This is his 2nd term and he is getting worse, last term, he can still sit still for quite a while, now cannot, I wonder if others face the same problem as the kid grows older in SM.
 
cindy,

me now in my 12 weeks plus, so i dunno if it is a girl or boy, hope it is a girl too but last night dreamt of a boy leh and funny thing is in the dream I know it is a boy thru dripping my blood and when the blood shows a certain pattern, it is a girl or a boy, my sil one is a girl and mine a boy again.... hope it doesn't comes thru cos my sil just gave birth to a boy :)

these days my life so busy with hanns, parents and trival matters that sometimes I just cannot breath, kind of regretted quitting my job to be a SAHM, maybe after the 2nd one will try to look for job again.
 
Happy, dun worry too much lah... Dun intro cane to him yet lah... Still young for them to understand. Must emphasize time and time again! Their memory are still short!
happy.gif
Oh, Hanns reminded me of my hubby's fren son... He is also very active, so i think his fren is going to let the son learn martial art/sports to expand his energy.

Cindy, yalor i also headache! Hopefully, with the medication, she will improve!

Sammies bags, hehe found another link for the bag... Just drool!

http://www.hudsonsleathershop.co.uk/acatalog/Samsonite__Sammies_Funny_Face__Bags.html
 
kaye,

martial art/sports? no way, he will come back and hit me, i will let him learn piano and golf, hope to get him to be more patience. funny thing is before he was 7 months, i always wish him to be more active cos he was fat and lazy, refused to move, turn and dun really show much interest in most things, so i bring him to attend positive bb course, just one trial and I said I wish for hanns to be more active in front of the class and look wat it got me into now :)
 
happy, so u going to have a Aug 2009 baby too. Same as me and weishy. Hahaha... The 2 of us are in that thread too. Me def hoping for gal gal this time.... Matt's really active too, I just feel so tired nowadays that I cant keep up with him.

lazykat: I heard of very good comments. So bought the cards. now cannot waste. So hv to do lor. But lots of perseverance...
 
kaye:: SHE WILL SHE WILL!! and wahhh the link the bags.. soo cute!! so the green one is actually crocodile? i thought it's tortoise ley! hmmm! haha!!

happy:: bear with Hanns, i am also bearing with Travis. I hope it's still bearable when #2 comes in exactly 3 wks!
 
Beating: Mummies, try not to beat yr kid's butt coz it's near the spine and their butt are still so small, u might miss it and hit their spinal area instead which may cause serious problem.

Beat their hand/leg, try to avoid the butt.
 
lazykat,
u can go to Evans road too. just let me know when is yr trial class, i will pass the voucher to Forum n they will inform Evans. I did it for Michviv n Ethan too.
 
Cindy,
Sigh..talk abt G, when it rains, it pours. Just as I thought he has recovered and back to his normal self, this morning he suddenly threw up on his bed at 6am! after we changed his sheets, he puked another time. In total, he puked abt 5 times before we left for work. Just brought him to the pd and she said he had caught some bugs. We reckon he could have gotten the bug from my sis's son, cos' he had the same symptoms 2 days ago and my mum also looks after him..

Super sianz..since the start of this year, he has seen the PD for 5 times liao!
 
Cindy, my Mum called and told me that her poo this morn is not so hard! Btw, i went to check out the Sammies at Vivo City, they dun hv much designs leh!

MissA, just went to the Crocs at Vivocity, the disney crocs selling at $53.45. So the one we got from US still cheaper even with the horrible shipping charges.
 
kaye:: GOOD TO HEAR that the chinese med is WORKING!!! hope she keeps up the good work!!
happy.gif
you work near vivocity ah! haha how much is the sammies ah? got what design?

poissons:: i'm sure G will become an even more stronger boy after all these unwelcomed attacks. Is he feeding okay today?
 
Cindy,
He only took a bottle of milk this morning which he puked 2x after that. Told my mum to feed him milk juz now and make him sleep, hopefully he doesn't puke anymore after the pd gave him the suppository.
 
Cindy, me worked at Southpoint. Vivo is a few bus stops away... They only got the bumblebee, Kangaroo & a space ship one... Me din ask price!

Poissons, such things happen one. *Hugs* to G! Ya, will become a stronger boy!
 
poissons, I'm attending HH at 2.30pm on Sundays. Gemini is at Springleaf.

k@ye, I hope the crocs will be cheaper then the roadshow at IMM. I went to vivo I din see Alice there
happy.gif


tinkabel, how's Matt's rash? Yesrterday A came come with quite a few glaring spots
sad.gif
Quickly applied the creme and this morning subsided liao.
 



Back
Top