(2007/11) November MTBs

missA: It's getting better. We now change his diaper very frequently. hubby just complained, that day still see 1/2 a pack left and left 2-3 pieces yest. No choice la. We din find the cream u suggested but asked the pharmacy for creams with the content that Michviv mentioned. But they dun allow us to buy without consulation. But we will watch 1-2 more days and see how. Rash looks like it's getting better
 


MissA, buy liao dun think too much lah!! If i m not wrong, i saw the Alice (normal) selling for $29 at Anchorpoint (30%) discount. So mabbe the IMM roadshow will be ard the same price.

Oh, i used the Disney Crocs as a gauge for the price coz all the Disney Crocs (Alice + Cayman) model all selling for $53.45.
 
Tinkabel, no choice one lah....

Btw, i saw Huggies Ultra at Giant having sale - $14.70 and its till end of this Month. I think Gain IQ also got discount but din really take note of the price.
 
tinkabel: that's strange cos you can easily buy it over the counter here. What do you mean by consultation? Pharmacist consultation usually is free leh.

Poissons: Aiyo...poor G. He probably caught gastric flu. E caught something similar last year, had "lao sai" for nearly 1 week! Hope G recovers soon.

Teething: Aiyo, E's fever increased last night to 38.9. Nearly hit 39! I went to look at his mouth again and I suspect that more than 8 more teeth are coming out. I think 6 on top and 6 below. Hopefully, the fever will settle and his drooling will stop. hehe.

Cactusnah: No prob. Try to help when I can. I'm a pharmacist. My hubby is a dr. =)

Flashcards: Couldn't find a Glenn doman set to buy but I have one ladybird set with numbers and alphabets. E has nearly learnt all the words now. Now he has begun to recognize letters and the phonic sounds. I'm hoping this will accelerate his reading. My ex colleague's daughter can SPELL and READ at 25 months!
 
michviv, I think they meant must see doctor 1st. Aiya, stupid parkway clinic here la. Trying to earn our money... Freaking expensive to see doc. Normal consultation for me with flu is like RMB 500 plus (that's S$100 plus). Crazy.... His rashes look like they are subsiding, so we will watch another 1-2 days.
 
Ladies, i just realised that BDL will increase their shipping charges wef 6 Feb. Hehe, i quickly go & POD our Crocs... coz initially i wanted to wait for my shipment and POD together.
 
michviv,
Hugs to Ethan too..hope his fever subside soon. So you're a Pharmacist, no wonder you're so good with all the meds names and medical terms
happy.gif
Where did you get your ladybird set? I inherited a set of alphabet flashcards from my sis, but they are so small that whenever I flash, they drop all over the place..so I gave up..haha.

For G, he thinks all the fruits are either apples or pears..haha..cos' so far he only knows how to pronounce these 2 fruits. Then all the animals are either woof woof or moomoo...so funny. He just learnt the word "key" 2 days ago..cos' he likes to play with it.
 
tinkabel: I see. Like that, don't go yet! =) Or alternatively, are there any pharmacy chains like Guardian/Watson/Boots Pharmacy in Shanghai? Thanks for the well wishes. I hope his fever goes down too. The poor boy nearly finished half a bottle of paracetamol already. Oh, and he's running around, just not eating well and refuses milk. Only wants water.

Discipline: I'm very strict with Ethan and now, my boy has become very brave and refuses to cry when I scold him. Just tears a bit and bites his lower lip and gives me the "Precious moments" sad face. How to be angry after that? But to each his own, E remembers some of the lessons already. Like he loves to run all over my bed. Then last week, he fell off the bed on his butt and if he gets into a precarious position, I tell him "remember, fall down? Pain pain?" then he immediately stops, shakes his head and moves away.

Poissons: I got the ladybird flashcards from Times the bookshop. So what made you decide to send G to SM? Quite ex right?
 
Big HUG to Ethan and Garreth!! Hope the two little boys will recover soon!!

Tinkabel - Hope Matt's rashes will go away soon also! Are you giving birth here in SG?
 
Michviv,
thanks, will check out Times. Been wanting to send G to SM long ago (seeing the results from my niece), but i felt that he's not ready yet, so i thot better to start him around 17-18mths when he can walk and talk.
 
tinkabel, expensive hor see doctor there? For us here in the US, normal urgent care doctor is USD100. But at least I can claim but take damn long 6=8wks. My boy had super bad rashes too when he had diarhoea. I applied Hydrocortisone cream it's a kind of steriod cream but I bought the 1% one so v mild. Helped immediately then once it subsided, I applied calendula and desitin.

happy i also felt like you intially when I came over to be a SAHM. but after a while you really get used to it. I was the kind who worked like super long hrs somemore by the time I got home my son always sleeping. So onlt times I had were sat and sundays. Now although tiring but really get to see their development. But for me, I'll still want to go back to work someday ;o) Oh and congrats! You are one brave mummy.

In fact, i think all u mummies who are having your 2nd one are v brave I still haven't found the guts yet!

Poissons I know what you mean by puking and puking poor boy. My son had that 2wks ago v heart pain lor.. Somemore here the doctor don't give medication lose even more weight.
 
tinkabel, stock up on the nappy cream nx time you are in sg. it's easily avail here and cost a few dollars only.

k@ye, you scrambled to tempatation & ordered shoe charms
happy.gif
 
oh dear... seems like the boys are down this week... big *hugz* to E, G and Matt ya.

happy,
dun b too hard on yourself. i guess Hanns is just a little active lor - boys are probably like dat one lor.
you have to take care coz u're pregnant now; need more rest for yourself and less STRESS.
maybe can get your hb to help deplete Hanns' energy with more exercises/running/playing outdoors while u rest?

as for the SM classes, can he be moved to the next stage since he seemed not interested in the current one. maybe if the classes are more interesting, he'd stay still and pay more attention.

k@ye,
wah, BDL so much changes liao ah... i thk i wun org spree anymore lah, getting more tired oredi. :D
 
tinkabel

my gal is ok for the flash cards. but must really be fast if not she will lose her concentration. She likes reading chinese books though, will always take one at night and ask her papa to read for her.

poissons

Hugs to G, I know exactly the feeling of bringing them to see the PD so often. My gal visits quite frequently that the doctor and nurses recognises her.

I'm at springleaf sun 4.15 pm.Still thinking of whether to change to Toa Payoh for next session.

Miss A

Are you continuing for next term?
 
poissons:: hUGS to him, hope he gets well soon lah. sigh they look extremely vulnerable when sick.

kaye:: Southpoint! no wonder you can see my house.. haha how is it ha? hjow many blocks completed? haha!!!
 
Cindy, hehehe... Yalor... okie updates on ur home.. The blocks are all building at the same time lah.... Think now got at least 30 storeys or even higher built liao (Cant count!)

Kitty, yalor.. So i gave up waiting for my shipment. Too expensive lah, imagine today i POD, its US$34++ but tmr it will be US$50. No point ah!

MissA, yalor and combined together with my colleagues! Haha... dun dare to buy too much!

Me dun really like to organise spree unless its with the Nov Mummies! Btw, any ladies interested in OPI nail polish? Might organise one later... coz my colleagues & i are eyeing some!
 
k@ye, I went to BDL website, no mention of increase in shipping leh. I have a shipment waiting to POD. Was thinkin gof combining with ano order. How to tell how much I will incur? Help!!
 
gemini, I'll prob continue, hope can reap some results.

happy, my gal opp from urs. I think she's the youngest in her class and the other kids guai guai sit thr while she run ard, hiaz.
 
k@ye, mine 6.7kg, shipping is $35+ more ex than the crocs, maybe bigger box?

aiyo i wanted to combine order that's why ordered smthg else. Now have to pay any shipping for my 2nd order
sad.gif
 
HUgz to all miscomfort babies.....dun forget to give them their vitamins....

K@ye;too bad not flying already if not i would order OPI too kakkakaka.
 
Happy, hang in there. Be positive towards your child and enjoy the days when he repeats his 'errors' and 'mistakes', cos that's how they learn. If you can understand the development of their brain, maybe you can accept his behaviour better? By this, I do not mean no discipline, but do it in sanity and appropriateness. Hitting a child should always be the last resort. I also feel very guilty after I hit J. At their age, just being firm and gently hitting their palms with 2 fingers should suffice. A better method is to tell them what to do, and if they do so, praise them. Some chn need more encouragement.
Another method is distraction. Divert their attention away from the 'bad' they are doing.

And, u r really doing a good job. Relax.
 
thanks kaye for the update!! haha everymorning when i move past it, it's like the floors, every floor got light liao! so exciting.. heeh!! OPI, i am keen!
 
Poissons: G better today?

Hmmm...pardon me. Can someone tell me who is smilemum?

Cindy: I went Chinatown thrice during CNY period and each time i went pass, i'll tell my HB this is my friend's new hse. And on Mon, i went to Amara, i saw yr new flat again and i pointed to him again and he complained and say i've told him a few times and he knows. Ha ha...very central leh, yr hse gd gd.

K@ye: OPI i am keen.
 
Cactusnah,
thanks for asking. he has stopped throwing up, but this morning he juz bombed big time and stained his shorts, so i reckon he might get diarrohea today as what the PD said..pooing the bacteria out. sigh..one after another..
 
poissons, it's called pai du pai du. I'm sure he'll get well soon! so is he coming for class tmr? hehe!! Travis can walk better now! each time he can take like 7 to 10 steps after which he falls but i'm happy that when he falls, he will pick himself up to continue walking... rather than crawl. but this morning its back to crawling again!

cactusnah:: HAHAH!! yea but hubby say there the surrounding env not good ley. basically he also love the place, but don't like the env and atmosphere. haha!! Hope can move in soon ah! i don't know who is smilemum too. heheh...

missA:: A got cry when cut hair ma?

and babes haha the lift to fidgets is near the Giant exit there? the cashier there? haha really wish to bring him there before I pop!
 
MissA, no more discount code... All exhausted liao! Have u pod ur stuff liao? Just went to the site and check, the rates increased!

Heheh, OPI ah... My colleagues and I had done 2 sprees liao... So no worries abt shipment!! :p Best to get 50 bottles then can max the shipping! We shipped direct but the last spree, my colleague quite suay... One of her nail polish broke and spilled onto her rest of the items.

Tinkabel, i m not very sure abt Comgateway, i might change to use Comgateway too if the rates are cheaper. As long as they used DHL, i might switch lor!

OPI spree => http://www.8ty8beauty.com/ Usually we order from this site lah. But i think its closed for stock take now... So gotta wait!
 
Cindy,
If G is ok, will definitely bring him to class tmr. Good that T is starting to walk now, G will resort to crawling also if he wants to get to his destination fast..lazy bum.

No need to take lifts to Fidgets, juz take the escalater and it leads you there directly, the cashier is near the entrance, you have to get a card from them to enter then pay at the same place when you wanna go.
 
poissons and tinkabel:: I AM MORE THan thrilled!!! hehe i hope he can walk with confidence really SOON.

tinkabel:: prep.. not yet ah!! i haven't packed hospital bag yet! already forgot what to put in there liao!! bahahaha.
 
cindy, A no cry just struggle left & right so scared the scissors accidentally snip off her eyes or poke her eyes.

k@ye, last time my colleague also order for us from 8to8 beauty. If got spree let me know. Yup I POD liao, the item according to DHL only 6lb (abt 3kg), not the 6+kg I was charged
sad.gif
 
Cindy: I suggest u just go to the hospital. no need to pack bag. Haha... not sure abt all u gals' experience. I remember I packed a heavy bag with some hospital list we have shared ard. I never even opened that. I was just wearing that ugly hospital gown througout cos I was so sore, I couldnt even get out of bed much.

as for T walking, dun worry. Within 1 week, they will be confident abt walking and can walk quite well. Matt used to walk like a crab with his hands up at first, in case he falls. Now he dun do that now and starts running.
 
Cindy, yalor.. No need to pack too much into the bag lah.. If u giving birth at Mount A, just packed the mittens & booties for ur baby lah.. n packed ur own sleepwear...

MissA, wow... The merchant must hv packed in a BIG BOX!

On trimming hair, Claire cried buckets when she saw the scrissors near her fringe.
 
MM, BDL ordered Mischa's crocs in Black/Ruby!!! U wanna it or not? If not, i will just post it to sell when the shipment arrived. Heng, the one for Favian is alright.

Psst, btw when u coming back from HK? Might need ur help to bring something back for me!
 
MM, Yalor, ordered 2 pairs... One is the Minnie Mouse Mary Janes the other pair is Disney Cayman...

Wow, u buy too much things liao!! Must control!! Muahaha!

Like that ah, can u help me to bring back one tin of Japanese milk powder? Will ask Weishy to help me get (if she can)
 
MM:: got your email!! haha okies keep u updated ha!! take care ah, black fri...

kaye, tinkabel:: haha! that time me also wear the ugly GOWN throughout! don't even remember wearing BRA!! muahahaha. okies i think i just pack my sleepwear, bb's stuffs, socks, comb, and maternity pads can liao. haha!! i still haven't buy Mpad le. thinking just use normal PAD can liao... sian.. the thought of having M again..... and hope this time milk can come in faster ah... MM, second one milk got come in faster ma?
 
K@ye, so my cayman is ok? think i drop the MJ then.. see who wants to take over cos Mischa has too many crocs anyway...n dun like the black/ruby....aiya BDL stupid la! i like the red/white so much! Hiaz...

btw what do u need from Hkg?
 
poissons,
poor Garreth. Hugs to him. rem tat time Jovan was hospitalised for 3 days when he was 7 months old? he got gastric flu. vomitted in the middle of the night and threw up all his dinner & milk & even gastric juice. i felt so heartpain tat i cried infront of the A&E staff. i can understand how u feel now. dun worry too much ok? once the diarrohea comes, it means he is on the road to recovery. coz he's pooing the bacteria out (like wat the PD said). Jovan lost 1kg but he gained back all the weight (and even more) within 2 weeks.
 
MM, okie... Will do lah... Once the shipment arrived, i let u know coz sometimes the merchant also packed wrongly! Hahaha!

Oh, need ur help to get a tin of Japanese milk formula from HK. If its too bulky, no need to bring back for me! Will email Weishy and ask her to get for me if its not too troublesome! Haha...

Cindy, ya... PADS at the most impt!! That time, i forgotten to bring and used up the ones provided by the hospital... But the nurse very kind, she told me need to pay $$ if i requested for extra but she will look and see if other discharged patients got left any behind and let me used!
 
any mummies used the service provided by Shona Sanosi before? she is a UK nurse with 20yrs of experience and she claims tat she help can Jovan to sleep through the nite. charges not cheap $250 for a 2hr consultation at her office. really wonder if it will be helpful...
 


k@ye, if one tin should be ok, but let me know what exactly. if got pics will be better - will try my best to get if i can see it. u send me thru email in case i dun hv time to catch this thread

Miss A, thanks!
 

Back
Top