Choc chip and pecan cookies recipe
130g butter, softened
160g sugar, fine grained
2 eggs
200g plain flour
1 heaped tsp baking powder
100g pecan (or any type of unsalted nuts), roughly chopped 100g mini chocolate chips (I used Hershey's semi-sweetened ones)
180 degrees oven (Preheat oven)
1. Cream butter and sugar together, then add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder together, then stir into the creamed mixture.
3. Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips. Supposed to get a stiff texture but I didn't. You can cool it in the fridge for 2 hrs before baking if desired.
4. Line an oven baking tray with baking paper. Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the tray. Mine were flat balls.
5. Bake for around 18 to 22 minutes, depending of size of cookie. Cool on a wire rack.
Personal thoughts:
I have tweaked some bits of the recipe. You can try reducing 10g of sugar if you don't want a sweet cookie. This recipe is very easy and fast to do. I managed to get 32 cookies and this equates to 2 batches of baking and I can be done. Can get more yield if you do smaller spoonsfuls.