(2007/11) November MTBs

Hi mommies,

I will be going for a Europe trip soon in mid Sept with hubby and parents-in-law. Will be covering some major cities like Paris, London, Zurich etc for 2 weeks. It's half tour half free and easy, as there are some things organised like musicals, shopping etc. Is it advisable to bring a 10 month old?

I would want to bring as baby is quite clingy these days and I am still breastfeeding. and I co-sleep with baby. I have a nanny at home of course, and he likes the nanny (only when I am not around).

My parents in law are concern that baby cannot take the cold as we are going up the mountains in switzerland.

Any advise? I am just afraid baby will cry non stop.
 


hello mummies, good to hear all of you had fun at the gathering!
happy.gif


Can i check how many teeth does everyone's bb have now? Travis has 4 upper (1more coming up) and 3 lower... hmmm.. just thought would seek your reference.. haha! "_"
 
Did I miss another outing?! Sigh.. work really ties one down. I wld love to go for the high tea on 3 Oct but cannot take leave for that leh.. how?!

weishy, seems like you have settled down quite well.

Applepie, I understand how clingy your baby can be at this age. Mine, too. The moment I stepped home, no more 'Guai Guai sit-alone' time. It may be really tedious for u to travel around with your baby, especially on ensuring he/she is warm enough, the food, water etc, while u try your best to enjoy the trip. At the bottomline, u still can bring him/ her along, just be prepared to sacrifice the fun...

Hey Mummies,
I wanna order a 3D cake for Chloe. S@L, u mention Smiling Orchid. Where is it?

I believe by now, all our babies enjoy rolling all over the bed. Any good bed guards to recommend?
 
cindy. matt has 2 bottom ones, almost fully grown. 2 top ones coming out... My colleague's son, 6 wks older than Matt, has 11 teeth now. So I think diff babies are diff. Haha... my mum still keep laughing Matt is bogay... how's ur preg so far?

Pig, what abt you? Excited? Another 2-3 mths countdown to 2nd bb... haha...
 
tinkabel:: haha all's well so far, really praying hard it'll be a girl, but definitely closing shop even if it's a BANANA loh.
happy.gif


thank you for your inputs mommies, I heard the old wives tale saying that if your bb learns to walk before she/he has any teeth, a VERY GOOD LIFE awaits. ehhe
happy.gif
don't know how true ha, cause my boy got teeth liaos!
 
Hmm.. Cindy, should I hope the old wives tale is true then? hehe. Is your boi able to walk already? Mine still learning to crawl leh.. dunno has it got to do with her being the end Nov baby..
 
Mambobb, i just sent u the link!

Think noone can beat Garreth on the no of teeth! Claire only 2 top & 2 bottom....

Cindy, then Claire will be lousy life liao.. She s learning how to walk and has 4 teeth!

So sian, see figures till wanna puke..
 
woah pig, so fast gonna due..

I am getting ready to make my 2nd one soon. Excited. Hope I get a girl this time round.

My baby only got 1 single tooth. Looks kinda werid.
 
Mine has 6 teeth, 2 bottom, 4 on top. That's why sometimes when bf, he tends to be naughty and chomp once. Made me shouted at bb and he cried. But it was a good lesson. Now he doesn't chomp anymore, hehe!
 
haha WAHS! haha poissons:: garreth is fast!
happy.gif
good for him! ehhehes...

kaye:: haha same lah. travis also learning how to walk and now got 7 teeth liao. haha good life only for the privileged few heheh maybe yvonne? haha, but well, as long as normal life is good enough le.
happy.gif


sstarlight:: HAHAHA keep it up and keep us updated! hope to hear your positive news soon! and have a cowgirl like me!
happy.gif
i really hope it's a girllll!! let me see hamburger in the next scannn.. muahaha.
 
Hi Mummies,
the gathering on sun seems fun! i would like to join the gathering on fri 3 oct too but Leroy has class on fridays. is it possible to change it to another day? maybe on the 26sep? its a fri too but its term break so we can come. or any other day?
 
bb still can't crawl yet, but he knows how to creep, moving his butt and legs but not his arms... Can I check what's the weight of your bb now? I think mine is a bit heavy that's why can't really carry his weight with his arms yet.
 
Just read the past threads by Happy & Pig etc. about maids. It seems like maids nowadays are leading a 'good' life here.. more daring to ask for what they want.

Happy, I guess u r being too nice to your maid. 1st time, right? Me, too. I thought being nice to our maids, they will be 'zi dong' & grateful n work even harder. In the end, they tend to ask for more!

Mine is a 'brand new' Indon maid, never even work before in her life! A single child back at home, married with 2 young kids. Used to apply lotion every time after bath. I told her do that only b4 she goes to bed, so her lotion won't touch my baby in the day.

There was once she told me the shampoo I bought for her caused her hair to drop. I changed for her. My colleague commented I need not do tt.

I also cannot stand maids being KPO. To some extent, somehow, all maids like to eavesdrop. So b careful in our conversations, be it Chinese or English.

My helper used to imitiate after Chloe, play with her on the sides, even though my hubby n I were playing with her. I gonna keep reminding her not to do that. Now, she is better. She will tend to forget after some time. So, we still need to remind her every now & then.

I find that they can be very forgetful, so that is the hassle we need to 'embrace'. I guess at the bottomline, they are here to help. Dun let them get us down. Lower expectations... (I m trying my best. hehe)

Like what Pig put it, experienced or not, all jia latz in some ways. It all boils down to LUCK.

sstarlight, u planning for next yr? Me, too! hehe. Just thot Chloe has to share our attention when 2nd one comes along liao..
 
To All Mummies,

Do your darlings still wake up in the midst of the night?

Chloe wakes up crying/ whining quite often, at least 2x (3.15a.m. & 5.15a.m., sometimes even at 4a.m.) I will nurse her in order to get her back to sleep & for myself to rest more. Also, for the past week, when I leave for work at 6.30a.m. she will cry. I feel 'se bu de' but no choice leh. How to make her rest well in the night? AT least reducing to ONCE a nite.. She has been sleeping with me on the bed since birth & I m still nursing her.
 
WOW.. the gathering really looks fun hor~.. all the babies are soooo cute, sweet and yan dao leh.. sigh.. I think Cailyn would be the smallest size among all the babies.

ya ya, the next gathering can change to weekend? heehee.. I need to work leh.. so very hard to join the gathering during weekedays and the additional Childcare leave has not implemented yet
sad.gif
 
mambobb - yes the babies had name tags on them that day
happy.gif


High Tea - The reason why I proposed to have it in Oct is because Tinkabel is back for 2 weeks that month...Ok looks like we have quite good response for the next gathering. What about 4 October 2008, Sat?

Ashton now has 4 teeth up and 2 teeth at the bottom center.... he keeps grinding his teeth for the past week and I guess new ones are coming out!

Yvonne - Yes Ashton still wakes up every night for his milk. His feeding pattern is like 10ish pm milk follow by 2ish am for another round of milk then sleep thru till morning around 6ish..... Nanny told me sometimes he will eh eh a bit and she just need to pick him up for about 5mins and he will sleep back again. He sleeps with the nanny in his own room from birth.....

K@ye - Will PM you later....so paiseh lah...

We are going to Langkawi this Sat and be back on Mon night.... without Ashton....
 
sharron: got meh? cant see leh.. or maybe by the time pic taking the tags are all gone.. haha..

oh good.. the gathering changed to 4 Oct.. me go and check it out the location first.. me need to go by myself with the bb on public tpt. so if the location is way out then not quite possible for me to meet up again.. me go google seach now.. heehee..

wow.. Langkawi.. enjoy ur trip wor~
happy.gif
 
hi mambobb - the proposed venue is at Rose Veranda Shangrila Hotel. Please feel free to give suggestions - I am just getting the ball to start rolling...haha
happy.gif
 
Perfect - it will be a brand new place when we meet up over there on Oct 4!
happy.gif


Ladies - maybe you can give one more suggestion where we can gather on that day?
happy.gif
 
sharron, oh gathering changed to weekend now? hmmm then i will not be able to make it. cos dun wan to lug 2 kiddos to high tea...not fun at all.

let me know if there is anther on a weekday. will prefer that. tx!
 
Oct Gathering - High Tea:
Why don't we go for majority votes. It will be better this way.

3 Oct (Fri)
1. sharron
2. S@L


4 Oct (Sat)
1. sharron
2. mambobb
 
S@L - Lets see how many mummies can make it on a Fri and how many can make it on a Sat - majority wins!

I prefer to do it on a Fri so that we all can chat and eat without have to man the babies...hahaha... Mummies - do you agree? Maybe if possible take 0.5day off to chill out on a Fri afternoon without the little ones??
happy.gif
 
Hi Tinkabel,
me abit excited la. into 26th week tis week. Feel like closing shop after this one too. Just more worried about the delivery part and the tearing part. that why me considering c-sect this time.

Hi Sstarlight,
Jiayou ah. await your good news. i asked john tee about c-sect. he said see how first. if baby is big then c-sect lor. but i very scared this time will be like last when kenna tear and then 30 stitches again.

Hi Yvonne,
Ya.. maids seem to be more daring nowadays. I will buy a particular brand shmapoo for them la. the last was she claimed it caused her hairfall, then we changed. but she didnt ask for an particular brand. if she ever ask for a particular brand, most likely i will ask her to go get it herself with her own money. And yes, forgetful. they can be very forgetful lor.

Kiros has been waking up for the past 2 nights, crying. it only started for the past 2 nights. dont know what happened also.

Jiayou to your baby making plans too.

Hi K@ye,
can pm me the link also? i want to see all the chio mummies and cute babies lei. must have been an enjoyable tat day.

Hi Mambobb,
the citric acid will be out tomorrow morning.
 
sharron, if 3rd oct, I can only make it from 3pm. If 12nn then have to take 1 day off
sad.gif
As usual if Sat, hv to bring baby lor.

Let's see how it goes.
 
k@ye, mine is [email protected]

pig, haha... Hmm, if can deliver natural, u shd. I know ur concerns. I also had a 15 hrs delivery and I think I would die if i go thru that again. But think on the bright side, maybe a much shorter delivery this time???

sharron, thks for accomodating me. Has really been a while since I met u mummies again. I am fine on both days, since I am back for vacation. See which days other mummies are ok.
 
Poissons: So fast, it's yr bd again? Rem last year on yr bd u took yr Bloom photos right? Wow, time really flies
happy.gif


K@ye: Showed my HB the photos, he said it's very gd and sharp. Told him he shld have joined us then he can chit chat with yr ah lao on camera le.

SLR cameras - Think the shop "Weng Sheng" in Hong Kong sells camera & lens at much cheaper rate compare to Singapore.

Oct Gathering - Prefer on weekday coz can really catch up with the mummies. But too bad i dare not apply leave coz will be away for almost 3/4 of Oct. Sob sob...
 
Any mummies interested to get the SK-II Advanced Treatment Eye Film? Me willing to let go low if u mummies interested. Got it as a bday gift but i am looking out for other type.
 
Cactus, that camera shop in HK u mentioned is a MUST Go for my hubby every time in HK. Yalor, i tot ur hubby is going also...

Pig, PM me ur email also then can have exclusive views to the gathering pix! HAhah

Cindy, Ueno & Tinkabel, just sent u the invitation!
 
catusnah,
wow, you've got a fantastic memory! still can rem i took my bloom shots on my bday last yr..me so impressed with you! Enjoy your trip next month and make baby no. 2? Hee..
 
Hi K@ye can share with me the pics if you don't mind? my email is [email protected]
Like to see the DSLR and the babies :D

Yeah, now conditioning my body to get 2nd one. Will keep all of you inform if I really get it.

Pig:
Your baby very big now? My 2nd most likely I will go thru c-sect cos first one c-sect already mah. But the thought of it very pain leh. But must have 2nd lah.. I hope to get a cow girl too. But cow boy also okay, I spend lesser money hahahaha..

Cindy:
Good luck to you ya, hope its confirm its a cow girl.

Yvonne :
we must both jia you and start taking folic acid now
happy.gif
 
k@ye,
managed to figure out the yousendit.com? ;)

Yvonne,
Eliza also wakes up at night but not necessarily for milk. she just wakes up to cry, but i usually too sleepy and too blur, i juz give her the pacifier and bring her to my bed to zz with me. even if she did wake up aft that i sometimes don't remember, only when she keeps fussing & the pacifier doesn't work, then it's cos she wants milk.
my lil gal also getting quite clingy to me, esp when she can 'voice' out/whine when i leave her alone.

cindy,
gee..Eliza still has only 2 bottom teeth

Applepie,
i agree that bringing bb won't necessarily be a rest & relax trip, and depending on yr baby, packing all the stuff & traveling can be tiring. but it can also be an interesting experience, i think it's also easier that u have yr in-laws around to help, at least. i brought Eliza for a 2-day KL trip (when most of the journey was on the bus), tired me out cos she was stuck like super glue to me i couldn't get much of a breather. (unfamiliar surroundings i think). but every baby will be different la..so can still give a try ;)

Oct Gathering - High Tea:
3 Oct (Fri)
1. sharron
2. S@L
3. skye skye


4 Oct (Sat)
1. sharron
2. mambobb
 
sstarlight:Bali~can view pixs from my facebook [email protected]
happy.gif


Applepie:Europe~hummmm again its up to whether u wanna enjoy ur trip or not
happy.gif
.we all loved to share will our little ones(even thinking of her when here in bali
sad.gif
.But due to the time diff and weather.....bb may not take it well and will be tough for parents
happy.gif


Hayley only hv 2 lower teeth,thinking a few is sprouting out can see mnay spots swollen!!!!which is the reason she wakes up freqquently this week.....other days she sleep thru from 8 till 7+am......i just leve it to my hubby to haandle her kekkekekek evil but its his dd too kekkekekek in sin no chance of taking care so in hkg she's al his kekkekekekke

Guys see if i can swap for sin flt on this coming gathering hehheheh "TRY" la
happy.gif


Anybody tried the "tea room"like rest at esplanade?looks reaally nice with diff types of tea and cakes
happy.gif
just suggesting
happy.gif
 

Poissons: Baby no.2? "Shun Qi Zi Ran ba". Hee hee...

Langlao: I'm using the First teeth to brush E's 2 little teeth too. But, it's only on weekends when i'm with him. Will sit him beside the basin to let him watch me brush teeth, he likes to watch. Then will brush his teeth after i'm done. Ya, agree with Sal that we need to cultivate gd habit when young. But on wkdays, my MIL still uses hanky to brush his teeth and tongue.
 

Back
Top