(2007/11) November MTBs

Mandy, your daughter's really sweet!

Hang in there, all the BF mummies! It'll all be worth it. Sounds like hard work man....wonder why something so natural should be so difficult... sigh.

hey girla, can i ask if you all are expressing for now? the lactation consultant told me not to express at all leys. Hmmmz.

I called one of my mummy friends just now, she told me what she did was not to BF but express out according to time baby feeds and then feed baby by bottle using the expressed milk. She says that by bottle, we know exactly how much baby is getting, and by observing according to the FM guidelines, say at this stage, baby takes 60mL and if expressing only have 50mL, she'll top up with 10mL of FM. I'm wondering if this is a good method for us mummies? I'm geeting really tired from breastfeeding at night.
It sounds really much more convenient than directly feeding from the breasts, I'm so tempted to try.

sowie, you little girl is sooo cute!
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Interested mummies,</font>

I have a Medela Mini Electric Pump (single). It can run on electricity but the battery part is not sensitive anymore. Willing to let go below S$100. Price is negotiable. Kindly PM me as I seldom come in here. Thanks
happy.gif

Hi Twiggy

Bfeeding is just like learning how to ride a bike...u need constant practice to be good, and it does get easier as time goes by.....when my daughter was 1 plus, she self helped herself at nite....she'll climb onto my tummy, pull up my shirt and start nursing...ok dun laugh but tat was how it was back in the old days.....

Hi Cindy

Different pple have different schools of thoughts....seriously no right or wrong...do watever works for you......those pre-natal books and lactation consultants will tell u best not to supplement or express etc cos it'll interfere with your milkflow and nipple confusion etc blah blah....to tell u, I have seen moms who succeed in bfeeding all by expressing and no direct latch.....for me i only express at work and i direct latch at all other times cos i was a lazy mommy who din wan to wash/sterilise bottles or pump etc....

Yes, it's hard to gauge how much she was drinking initially and u keep having this fear of underfeeding your babe.....1 way to tell if bb is having enuf is to do following observations:

1. See how many soiled nappies bb has daily....there should be 8-10 nappy changes normally......

2. See how often bb wakes up to nurse...if gap is 2-4 hrs, I would say your bb is having enuf....ai yo, not enuf sure wake up to complain one la....if u still worried, jus give abit more FM to supplement....babes are smart, if full will stop drinking....

I remember back then, my CL din allow me to wake up at nite to nurse as she wanted me to rest properly in first mth...so wat i do is to pump before sleeping and leave milk in fridge, she'll then heat up in middle of night.....and if there's a 2nd feed again, she'll do formula milk......my DD was never on full BM....cos i din know how long i could last in nursing and i din wan her to reject FM when i decide to stop...so normally she'll have 1 FM feed daily....when she grew older and i had more established milkflow, she was on total BM during weekends cos i was too darn lazy to sterilise bottles.....hehe.....jus lie there and she'll do the work...haha

Sowie, that sounds really cute, what your little girl does.
happy.gif

I'm now reading Gina Ford's Contented Little Baby. Quite a few useful tips. I'm sure following her advise is not going to be as easy as it sounds but it's a good book to get some basic tips. I learnt eg.

1) How to tell if baby is being fed enough if you are on full bf?
If baby is putting on 6-8 oz a week and poos at least 5 times a day during first few weeks.

2) Demand feeding vs routine feed?
On average newborns need 8-12 feeds a day. Try to stick to a 3 hourly feed routine w more activity in the day than night so baby learns to gradually sleep through nite.

3) Always empty one breast before shifting to second one to make sure they get the "hind milk".

For mummies like me who have no one to share w them about BFing, (apart from the helpful mummies in this forum), I found this book quite useful. Although like w most things, take it w an open mind because obviously it wont be easy / feasible to stick to everything the book says.

Sowie, ur daughter so cute!

Btw, how long do we have to pump to get all the breastmilk out? I tried pumping for 15 mins and my nipples buey tahan liao....

Hi thank you for your support. just went to remove stitches today. all is well. i also went to massage my breast to clear all the engorge.So painful but worth it. Feeling so much better now. Now expressing my breast milk.

hi ueno, thanks u so much. guess i will do it myself. cos thinking having another person is a headache.

Hi Kaye, how much milk do u get from pumping 15 mins? just curious... cos i take 45 mins just to get about 50 ml, very pathetic but just keep trying.

My CL just told me that she is "sick"! She say she is actually sick since first day but she din say anything cos she thot she will get better. Now, she say her eyes are very red and she better let us know just in case anything happen. She say i can change CL with agency if i mind that she is sick. Urghhhhh... what should i do??? Should i wait one one or two days to see if she get better or should i just change? Feel quite bad but worried for baby leh. Also my throat not so well, not sure if it is from her Or my hubby cos my hubby was a little sick too earlier this week. Urghhhhh...

hi girls, my right breast is bleeding and my baby actually suck the blood together with milk.

what can i do? do i let him latch on still? so worried that he is not getting enough milk...
sad.gif

My lochia comes back again today. This is the 2nd time (1st time was 3 days ago) after it's clear. I am not sure if this is the effect of the food that my aunty (CL) cook for me. The so called to "clear" the womb of all blood. There is no pain at all.
Does any of you encounter the same thing? (Deliver through C-section).

My hubby brings my baby for jaundice checkup this morning. Baby jaundice level is still high ( but not so bad that need treatment). Dr advices not to drink too much BM. Thus, we buy FM as supplement. I have already cut down on eating ginger. My aunt is complaining that I am not in proper confinement.
So sad baby still have jaundice.

congrats to apple & rast!

vivian, pls hang on in there for your baby. he will be fine! JIA YOU!

i went for 39th week checkup today. baby still not engaged & i'm still not dilated. i scheduled my next checkup on my EDD which is next fri. gynae said his "grace period" is 3 days after EDD. if i dun pop by then, guess i'll need to schedule induction. i really hope my baby decides to come out soon. i heard induction is more painful and there is a higher risk of going for emergency c-section coz the cervix may fail to dilate. pls pray for me mummies!

<font color="0000ff">Updated on 9-Nov</font>
<font size="-1">Mummies, pls let me know if there's any updates tat should b made</font>

kao_confused.gif
Mummies, updates please?
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>No</TD><TD>Mummy</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual DD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Name</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Gemini19 (gemini19)</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Geraldine Tan (rainbowsfromgod)</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Joy Tham</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Juan (queenaire)</TD><TD>8-Nov</TD><TD>EDD 29-Nov, C-section w/ GA 8-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Phyllis Liauw</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Darius</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Wenyl (wenyl)</TD><TD>8-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

kao_babydust.gif
Best wishes to our Mummies!
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>No</TD><TD>Mummy</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Name</TD><TD>#Wks</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Days Left</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>cheerbb (cheerbb)</TD><TD>9-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr A.L Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>40</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Belinda (dalinbel)</TD><TD>10-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Goh Yong Chew</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>40</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>trevor's mummy (trevors_mummy)</TD><TD>10-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>Kiefer</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>hanimin (chen huimin)</TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>40</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>olivetree (olivetree)</TD><TD>12-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>40</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>pig07 (pig07)</TD><TD>12-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>40</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>plim (plim2829)</TD><TD>12-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>GH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>40</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>kittybride (kittybride)</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>EDD 23-Nov, C-Section w/ Epi 13-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>4 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Mrs.T (tangobaby)</TD><TD>14-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chan Weng Buen</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Patty (bridetob06)</TD><TD>14-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Twin <font color="ff0000">Girls</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>jane (janelsy)</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Catherine (lhscath)</TD><TD>16-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>7 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>jenifur (jenifur)</TD><TD>16-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>7 </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Lite Breeze (breeze)</TD><TD>16-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>7 </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Piggypiggy (piggypiggy)</TD><TD>17-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>zzz (sleepystar)</TD><TD>18-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>9 </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>liverpool11 (liverpool11)</TD><TD>19-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>10 </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Jadefeet (jadefeet)</TD><TD>20-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr L C Foong</TD><TD>GH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>11 </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Tweetie (tweetie)</TD><TD>20-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>A/Prof Arijit</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>11 </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Twiggy (twiggy1975)</TD><TD>22-Nov</TD><TD>EDD 10-Dec, Induction 22-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>RH</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>13 </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>fussiecat (fussiecat)</TD><TD>24-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr M Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>15 </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>simply1980 (simply1980)</TD><TD>24-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>15 </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>belle (dabelle)</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee WH</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>16 </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Koh Gillian (smileysmiley)</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lim Loon Haw</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>16 </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>tinkabel (tinkabel)</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>GH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>16 </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>poissons (poissons)</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>GH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>17 </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Rachel Lee (babyluv72)</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>17 </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>skye skye (skye_skye)</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>17 </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>cactusnah (cactusnah)</TD><TD>27-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr PK Teo</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>18 </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Elaine Lee (worrypiggy)</TD><TD>27-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>18 </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>sowie (sowie)</TD><TD>27-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>18 </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>koala (koalatree)</TD><TD>28-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>19 </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Erika Ong (erika_ong)</TD><TD>29-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kek Lee Pin</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>20 </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Florence (vinncy)</TD><TD>30-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Wong Yat May</TD><TD>Malaysia</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>21 </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Suzanne (estee)</TD><TD>30-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Loke</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>21 </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>zoe'sMummy (fushiastar)</TD><TD>30-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr M Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Luke</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>21 </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>starz (iceystarz) </TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr WH Kee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>22 </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>sstarlight (sstarlight)</TD><TD>early Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

kao_cheers.gif
Congrats to our Graduate Mummies!
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>No</TD><TD>Mummy</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual DD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Name</TD><TD>Wt / Len</TD><TD>Delivery Mode </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>alicia (powergal)</TD><TD>12-Nov</TD><TD>3-Oct</TD><TD>Dr CH Koh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Craydon</TD><TD>1.5kg</TD><TD>E C-section w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Ah Da (j_noelle)</TD><TD>12-Nov</TD><TD>15-Oct</TD><TD>Prof SK Tay</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Twin <font color="ff0000">Girls</font></TD><TD>Noelle & Joelle</TD><TD>Noelle - 2.33kg/44cm, Joelle - 2.59Kg/45cm</TD><TD>C-section w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>ueno (ueno)</TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD>17-Oct</TD><TD>Dr Suresh Nair</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Leroy</TD><TD>2.575kg / 49cm</TD><TD>Natural w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>k@ye (kayemoss)</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>17-Oct</TD><TD>Dr Chan Yew Foon</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Claire</TD><TD>3.12kg / 50cm</TD><TD>Natural w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Eufrasia (eufrasiajq)</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>22-Oct</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Anthony B Lim</TD><TD>2.885kg / 48cm</TD><TD>Induced Natural w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>SuperHappyMum (superhappymum)</TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD>23-Oct</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.86kg / 51cm </TD><TD>C-section w/ spinal block </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Lynda (flowerygal)</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>23-Oct</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Javen</TD><TD>2.69kg</TD><TD>Induced Natural w/o Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>tweety (tweetypie)</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>25-Oct</TD><TD>Dr Soong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Lewis</TD><TD>2.92kg</TD><TD>E C-section </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>jo (jodex)</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>26-Oct</TD><TD>Dr WH Kee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Zhi Jie</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>grace (starmiffmel)</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD>28-Oct</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Ashley</TD><TD>3.050kg / 50cm</TD><TD>Natural w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>mandy (mandy99)</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>28-Oct</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Kaelyn</TD><TD>2.955kg / 50cm</TD><TD>Natural w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Beloved Daugther (jesus_beloveddaughter)</TD><TD>8-Nov</TD><TD>29-Oct</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Matthias</TD><TD>3.058kg / 49cm</TD><TD>Natural w/ vacuum </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>yami (yamiyogurt)</TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD>29-Oct</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Kaelyn</TD><TD>3.35kg</TD><TD>C-section w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Rachel (missyladee)</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Nicholas</TD><TD>2.88kg</TD><TD>Natural w/o Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>sabrina (eliza_hairi)
new.gif
</TD><TD>23-Nov</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Sophia</TD><TD>3.230kg</TD><TD>Induced Natural w/o Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Adeline chew (ansonng)</TD><TD>16-Nov</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>Dr CK Toh</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Amber Ng</TD><TD>3.125kg</TD><TD>C-section w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>yoko noriko (yokonori)</TD><TD>24-Nov</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.21kg</TD><TD>C-section w/ GA </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>winwin (vine712)</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>GH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Carrie</TD><TD>2.61kg / 47cm</TD><TD>Natural w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Cindy (elita)
new.gif
</TD><TD>18-Nov</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr John Lim</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Travis</TD><TD>2.995kg / 50cm</TD><TD>C-section w/ GA </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>rast (rastcuties)
new.gif
</TD><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD>3-Nov</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Jadon</TD><TD></TD><TD>C-section w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>apple (apple_d)
new.gif
</TD><TD>12-Nov</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Ashley</TD><TD>3.14kg</TD><TD>Induced Natural w/o Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>shian (shian)
new.gif
</TD><TD>15-Nov</TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Rebecca</TD><TD></TD><TD>Natural w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Vivian (shix2_82)
new.gif
</TD><TD>10-Nov</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Javier</TD><TD>2.505kg / 46cm</TD><TD>Natural w/o Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>dokie_dokie (dokie_dokie)</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr A L Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.41kg / 50cm</TD><TD>Natural w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Cassie (cassieflower)
new.gif
</TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>dokie (dokiesim)
new.gif
</TD><TD>20-Nov</TD><TD>6-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Ann Tan</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.03kg / 50cm</TD><TD>C-section w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>lazykat (lazykat)
new.gif
</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Zee Yann</TD><TD>3.12kg</TD><TD>Natural w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>S@L (blueangel30)
new.gif
</TD><TD>20-Nov</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>Dr A L Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Mischa</TD><TD>3.305kg</TD><TD>C-section w/ Epi </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Total number of babies= 72
<font color="ff0000">Princesses</font>= 30
<font color="0000ff">Princes</font>= 30

Vivian: Hope bb Javier will be ok. Meanwhile, u be strong,k.

Catherine: Yr bb still comfy inside u & not ready to see the world:). Walk more & talk to bb, hope it helps. Bless u.

I'm going for my check up tom, not sure if bb has engaged, certainly hope so. Been feeling sudden sharp "pain" at vaginal area for the past 1-2 weeks,each lasts for few seconds, esp so when having full bladder, wondering why or izzit cause by bb's head pushing? Anyone experienced the same thing before?

Hi ladies,

Got a good deal to share. if you need to develop photos, you can try using snapfish (by HP)

http://www.snapfish.com.sg

basically you get 20 free credits upon signing up. and you get additional 20 free credits for every fren you refer.

so you can upload pics and develop for free. you only need to pay the delivery charge of SGD1.90. (for 1-50 4R pics) . I tried their services and the printing quality is ok. And I only paid 1.90 for 50 pics.

just to share cos tot everyone may have lots of pics to develop ! I just uploaded and sent another 50 pics for developing...cant help taking pics of my baby girl.
happy.gif

maybe you ladies can refer each other...so as to accumulate credits. but it's very easy to get free credits by referring one lah :p

Mummies,
I have 1 question in mind at the moment. We are talking about EBM. Is the EBM nutrient same as direct feeding BM? Does any of you read infor about this someway?
I am worry the EBM nutrient will be "destroyed" through the "freezing" and "heating" process.
Any comment?

hi mummies & mtbs...

seems like alot of mummies here have already popped... altho my EDD as indicated is 1st dec.. today's gynae appt (37weeks), gynae advised me to be on "standby" by next week, as my #1 arrived at 38 weeks last year... i stil do not know e gender, but tis #2 is slightly smaller than my son (he was 3.58kg at birth), expected to arrive between 3-3.2kg... (hopefully tis means i'm having a girl tis time round)
kao_sticktongue.gif

<font color="0000ff">TMC 1-bedded charges</font>
hope u all dont mind me asking, anyone staying in a 1-bedded at TMC, for natural birth with epidural... can share ur bill with me??? last year i stayed at a 2-bedded, but am thinking of changing to a 1-bedded tis time so that my boy can come visit me n stay longer, as got more space for him to linger as compared to a 2-bedded, will not wana disturb my "neighbour"... thank you in advance for sharing!!!
kao_smile.gif

as i've just gone thru tis entire process last year... hope u all dont mind me sharing my 2cents worth of "experience" here on some of ur concerns now hor.... sorry for the long post....

<font color="0000ff">baby jaundice, breastfeeding, expressing, etc....</font>
i can completely emphatise how u mummies feel when bb got to be admitted for phototherapy...
my son was checked to have jaundice on e 2nd day n was already in phototherapy then.. but on e day of discharge (3rd day), PD said my son's jaundice level was quite high, n advised to stay 1 more day for phototherapy...
i couldnt bear to leave him alone there, i also extended my stay (2-bedded mah.. not ex). after tat 1 day (4th day), PD cleared him n we went home.
however, on e 6th or 7th day we went back for checkup, his jaundice lvl went up again.. n tis time, i had to leave him in TMC for phototherapy...
i was also crying from e moment i heard till i reach home.. also kena "scolded" for crying during confinement as we r not supposed to.....
anywayz, to cut a long story short... my son had jaundice due to the fact that we have different blood type..
i'm B+, but he's A+.. however, at tat point in time, PD said it was due to "breastmilk jaundice", n told me to supplement with FM for alternate feeds...
i've sort of been expressing my BM since e 6th/7th day in order to have BM to send to my son at TMC for e nurses to feed him... n also thru out e 1st month (due to supplementing with FM)...
whenever possible, during e first 3mths... i'll try to give him "freshly expressed" BM.. if got excess (note: i will pour out e amt he drinks into 1 bottle to feed him, e.g. 60ml, and keep e "excess" in a seperate bottle. DO NOT let baby suckle from e bottle of EBM, then cannot finish, u refrigerate tat SAME bottle, as it would have contacted baby's saliva.. any "excess" this way, PLEASE THROW AWAY),
then put in fridge for another feed (i use within 12hrs, "guideline" says 24hrs) or freeze it in milk bags for future feeds (max i keep for 1mth, although "guideline" is 3mths)...

during my confinement, due to my son's jaundice, i didnt take "confinement" food at all... no wine/DOM/ginger/herbs/etc....
end up, my own health kinda "suffered" as after tat, i feel cold easily, get bodyaches n tired easily too...
furthermore, the "main reason" of my son's jaundice was due to the different blood type, so it was something tat will "rectify" after awhile.. i could stil have taken confinement food n breastfeed....
all i can say is i am really really thankfully my son adapted well to both FM and BM, e artificial teat & breast....
else i could have had a nightmare trying to BF him after he recovered from jaundice after 1mth...
i managed to cont BF-ing him until he turn 6mths (when i was abt 2-3mths preggy) before i stopped...
having said e above, there had also been a "blessing in disguise" for me in supplementing with FM, as my son was able to sleep thru the nite (from 10pm feed to 5-6am) from about 5-6weeks old... after he recovered from jaundice, i continue feeding FM for his "last feed"... so that might very well have been e reason tat he was able to sleep thru e nite...
<font color="ff6000">superhappymum</font>, there will definitely be loss of nutrients when EBM gets freezed then "thaw" n heated up for baby's consumption.. of course, ideal scenario is directly latch baby on to feed... 2nd best, express just before baby is due for a feed, so EBM is "fresh", no need to freeze/heat.. 3rd choice, express within 24hrs of use (i.e. can keep EBM in normal fridge up to 24hrs).. last option then freeze...

hi Starz do u hv a fax tat i can fax u details of tmccharges?
pm me.....

i think i really want to give up liao. 3hrs never pump hard like stone. must massage. also expresssing abt 2oz avg sometimes 3oz or more. i never let my bb latch cos my nipples r really sore. even from expressing. so now i m trying hard to get over the stage. no one at home suppoort me bf cos they said they hate to see me suffering inc my hubby. 2day i went to lactation consultant ask me to continue cos my supply is gd n nipples shape r in gd size. i try using their duo pump tat cost 799 was so gd n efficient n most important not painful n fast. they tell me can loan n is gd for engorgement breast like mine. at least use for a week. but when i call avent no such service anymore. thinking of buying n forgo my avent electric hand pump. dilema...... was so anticipated to feed bf but engorgement n sore turn me off.

Hi Superhappymum,

Can't help u in this as it is done by my husband. Fro wat i noe is u have to resize it to 600x600mm. You have to use Adobe photoshop to resize it. Hope this help.

hi yoko noriko

i noe MUM and BABES do rent out breast pump but only MEDELA brand.my sis said its good as some hospital using it too.maybe u wan to give them a ring.they got 2 outlet. united square tel 62527898 and AMK hub tel 68533998.

Cassie, i usually express around 60ml or more from both breasts when i pump for 15 mins. If i pump for 30 mins, even more... but the nipples painful.

Yoko, when ur breast is engorged... Express a bit of milk first and then feed your baby... Then ur baby can latch on and drink directly from your breast. I bought my pump at ard $660+, its no choice even though i dunno how long i used... But, it helps to release the engorgement lor.

hi superhappymum,
what i did was edit the photo using paint. and then stretch/skew to 20% for hori and vertical and then save again

Hello, my baby gal arrived on the 2nd Nov via induced Emer C-section with Spinal Block. She's at 4.17 kg at birth, so mummy cannot deliver via natural.

Resting at home now, having problems with CL, and have send her home.

So happy to see you mummies can breastfeed your baby, I'm having lots of problems breastfeeding the baby due to my inverted nipples and baby gets annoyed when she cannot get the milk
sad.gif
Any ways to help me out?

Mumies, i am back home since yesterday. thoughout the hospital stay, i managed to do TBF but only for 2 feeds Baby Mischa was given FM without my knowledge! I was so upset when i woke up abt 4am wondering how come baby was nt brought to me the entire night! When i called for the nurse then i realised they have fed my bb for 2 feeds and they tot i instructed them to ! Having a good previous experience at TMC, i was totally disappointed with the 'mistake' they made - mixed up me and my neightbour as she didnt do TBF.

Aft tt i had to wait for the next feed at 6am with an engorged breast.

So i pushed very hard for gynae to let me come home yesaterday as i was very tired with the ward routine and the visitors (of my neighbour) going in and out of the wards.

For those who are doing TBF, can i have some Qs here here :
my breasts feels engorged last night and i massaged and fed bb every 3hrly. Now it feels better -so does it mean tt bb is getting the milk?

As i couldn bear the pain last night, i tried to pump out and managed to get abt 9-10ml if BM/colostrum. I read tt bb needs abt 30-40ml of milk ard day 3-4. Hence i m not sure if my bb is getting enough. I have been on TBF since the last FM given by the nurse and so fair bb sleeps well, and poos well. Does this mean tt my bb is getting enough?

Sorry if my Qs sound silly, but becos i nvr did TBF for my 1st bb and nvr had engorgment, so kinda hope this is a good sign.

Starz, thanks for your info. I found your post very informative.

Gemini19, wah! your baby is huge!! Did the dr not know your baby will be big? Sorry, just being kpo coz in most cases i heard where baby is big, Dr will recommend C section.

Hi Twiggy

My gynae est that baby is abt 3.8 kg at birth. He told me that's a 50 50 chance of natural, so I decided to try.

So was a real surprise when she's over 4 kg.

hi catherine,
sorry i forgot to give u my bb's weight and lenght, pls help me to update. my bb boy's weight is 2.66kg and length is 46cm.

pretty woman , thanks i called them already. will be rushing to collect shortly.

manage to pump 11oml. but both nipples sore like #$%%#@......

gemini, i hv a friend who also gt inverted nipples but she keep pumping till the nipples came out dan breastfeed. hope it work on u.

Tinkabel,
yes thanks i am recovering very well. I started to walk on the 2nd day morning once i was off the drip and catheter. So far have nt taken any pain killers and not much pain.

S@L,
You are so brave. I took painkiller for 2 days to avoid the pain.

Gemini19,
Wow, your baby is the biggest Nov baby. Did your gynae tells you about the risk of trying natural?

s@l:: don't worry i thiink you're doing fine. Try to feed your bb on both sides as time go by. 30mins on one side trhgen offer the other side for 10 to max 30 mins, should get enough milk. watch the poo and the pee times too. my breasts feel very heavy and lumpy inside, what you can do if you face this is to just massage REAL HARD at the lumps, yes painful but REALLY hard works and then it will smoothen the milk flow.

My pain was so bad that i had to call for a home visit from the lactation consultant,that was what she taught me. ahhaa. right now, they still feel lumpy and heavy but much better. Just hang in there. each day is a better day.

Cindy, thanks..cos my gal can sleep real long and have to wake her up for feed..i worried she nt getting enough. how come she can tahan for so many hrs?

Is the poo/pee sign enough to justify she is feeding enough? cos my fren did TBF and her bb lost a lot of weight, PD asked her to stop BF
sad.gif

S@L, its a good sign, bb is feeding well and pooing well. if bb hungry, bb will wan to feed.so dont worry abt her not getting enough milk. as for engorgment, i massage and pump out. its quite shiok after pumping..
bb mischa looks cute =)

gemini, wah! you have a big bb..
And congrats..as for the inverted nipples, the more u pump the more the nipple will come out nicely. works for me, as i have 1 inverted side, now its ok.

how's everything grace! hehhe, yes s@l, watch for the jaundice level, so far my boy has been okay. but i hope this continues of course.
happy.gif

grace, when are you gg back to work? I'm kind of thinking of when to start weaning and how to do it already hahaha.

Hi Ah Da,
congrats on the delivery of your twins! both pretty good weights huh? i am now at week 34+ and gynae is estimating for my c-sec around 36 or 37 weeks; he's hoping for 37 weeks so that the twins would be of a better weight...

btw, are you breastfeeding your twins? I am hoping to so really need to get some tips from you if you are successful! thanks and take good care! wow, your twins are coming to full month liaoz...

S@L,
I agree with Grace. As long as baby is contented and pooing well then all is well. U need to monitor baby's weight, need to be gaining 160-200 grams per week.

hi cindy, great to hear that your bb is doing well! are u on tbf? As for going back to work, it wont be so soon. i am 6 months off work.. so hoping to bf and wean at around 6 mths in time for her to start solids.

Ueno,
how are u.. you ending confinement soon right. i so looking forward to ending it. my temp CL is going home tomorrow morn at 7am!! yippee! i hope my original is ok and much better. so tired of her nonsense. she is just plain lazy and not dont know how to do work, think its because she knows its only 10 days. btw, i rem u use aunty sadiah massage rite. I also finish my 5 sessions with her yesterday. She's such a nice lady, my tummy has gone down quite a fair bit.

grace, ueno
how many sessions of massage did you do with aunty sadiah? She told me I need about 5. Just wondering whether should do more for the tummy to go down more.

tinkabel,
i did 5 sessions. i think it all depends on individual tummy. if u want to do more also can, 7 or 10 also can...she ask me to put on the binder after her massages end, so that tummy can go down more. u stay in clementi issit? cos she will always do a clementi lady before coming around my place and mandy's.

grace,
yah now staying with my mum at Clementi. Don't think that person is me, cos aunty sadiah says prenatal can only do once every 2 weeks. But just thot of askg you all 1st cos I am due soon in 1-2 weeks time.

So the binder u put on top of the binding cloth she use? Where did you get your binder?

tinkabel, so qiao u stay at clementi also. it must be another client that she is doing then.

the binder i buy from pharmacy. any pharmacy will sell lah, its for c-section binder. dont need to buy the osim binder cos that is very hard. just make sure binder is elastic. for me, cos i aimei, i buy the binder 1 size smaller. i buy m size instead of my normal large, so that i can bind my stomach to smaller..hee. but pls dont jump 2 sizes otherwise u cant breath.

yes, she put the binder on top of her binding cloth for double effect.

Grace,
I am not using aunty sadiah, my massage lady is Rohaya. My confinement ends next thurs, 30 days altogether. Really looking forward to that, am counting down already. Heehee...havent shower n wash my hair for the longest time!

ueno, oh dear, then i really have pea brain liao. i dont know who said she use aunty sadiah..
so hurray for u that your confinement is ending. i still have 2 weeks to go. i really peifu u abt the shower and washing hair. plus your hair so much longer.. =) "salute" do u sweat more? i dont know why i sweat like siao. i have to stuff tissue in between my bras to absorb sweat.

i want to go shopping, this weekend alot of sales leh. got metro, robinson all at 20%.
i have not buy my christmas presents for frens yet.

Reminder: those that have not pop, mayb u want to go shopping to buy all the presents first..hehe..otherwise no time liao.

looking forward to baby's first christmas. i wonder if they light up orchard already.. i like in another country. the only time i get to go out is bb see pd.

Back