(2007/05) May 2007 MTB

CD
Me too! I love seeing Adam drink from his bottle. Gulp gulp gulp, until finish
happy.gif
Really makes me feel like I've still got a baby, and not a super hyper toddler...

Janet, Cheezel
Actually by this age, kids can get their nutrition from other sources, but since milk is a "food" in itself, i think that's why we asians still give them formula milk.

Pediasure can also be used as a supplement but I just use it in place of milk. Agree with zhuzhu, can see some improvement in weight
happy.gif
But pediasure is VERY sweet. I put 4 scoops instead of 5 scoops per 180 ml of water as per recommended.

mummies
pediasure good? ky is currently on enfagrow, but he only takes 1/2 of what janet had stated 750mls of milk a day. meals wise he is taking 3 meals but very little on milk and he dun seems to put on wt! currently he is only 12kg. do u think i should let him try pediasure?

re: bottles
let also associate milk= bottles, so i make ky drink milk from bottles. by when our kidos need to use cups?

I just saw from Guardian that enfa is only $25.60. I thought was really cheap...i didnt buy coz i still have half a carton of enfa at home...
I usually buy in carton so that they deliver to my place...lazy me.

750ml a day? that's a lot if eating solid meals as well isn't it?

sophie asks for milk 3-4 times a day but i only give her 2-3 times if 200ml (180-240ml). she's putting on weight though so i think her metabolic rate is not so high. she's still using the bottle. easier to ensure milk doesn't spill all over sofa. :p

janet
briana still having watery stools? pediasure can give when she's not having diarrhoea, then she can gain back the weight. sophie doesn't need it cuz her appetite was soooo good after her diarrhoea. :p

lynn,
i thought the 750ml is a lot too. josh is only doing 500ml max in a day! he's not such a milk fan. he likes to eat other stuff more.

Janet,
are you sure it's 750ml a day requirement? where did you get the info from?

sgn,
josh is also only abt 12-12.5kg thereabts. PD says it's ok.

hi mummies
hv been MIA for a few weeks coz i went back to my parent's plc

janet
brianna is still hving watery stools? maybe can get a can of lactose free milk to see if it stops

chloe is only drinking 3 x 180ml a day from milk bottle and straw bottles. she weighs less then 10.5kg.tempted to gv her pediasure but she's already taking mamil gold and enfagrow.

janet
750ml of milk per day quite a lot le. normally i give milk when he wakes up then an hr or so later breakfast. milk again after his noon nap and with biscuits or bread or whatever he wants to eat. the before sleep milk again. he prefer food than milk now.....weigh 12.7kg...gain back the weight he lost the other time.

have a colleague whose daughter drink 1L of milk a day and she is already 4 yrs old. She doesnt eat much solid and i thinkthis explain the reason for the high consumption in milk.

PD says not a concern if he's not a milk fan. say calcium intake can be from other source like cheese, beancurd etc. she will be worried if he is also not eating n drink milk

agree with cheezel.

actually, mummies, you know why you should be concerned if kiddo takes more milk than solid food? it's cos of iron deficiency issues. milk doesn't have enough iron for kiddos. so that is why we need to be careful abt the balance of their meals.

nellu
i just feel what a waste to throw the milk cos everytime sure throw away 3/4 of the feed. my boy looks tall but skinny lor.
food wise i had been giving proteins like meat, tofu and veg (ky likes veg).

zhuzhu,
josh is nearly 90cm liao but weighs abt 12kg. so he looks skinny to a lot of pple, even my gynae who delivered him! hahaha...but i just leave it lah...as long as he's still within healthy range he should be fine. Moreover, both my hubby and I were skinny kids too. so probably it's hereditary as well.

Hi mummies
How r u all doin? Hope all of u & kiddos are fine. Times flies, nxt mth all our kiddos will be turning 2!!

nellu
I read it on a magazine article tat our kiddos this age, avg milk intake recommended is 750ml. When they turn 3, avg milk intake recommended is 500ml.

Milk bot:
bbK is still drinking frm bot too, somehow it associate milk wif bot. I oso fear tat if I were to chg to cup or straw, she will not drink. Moreover she's drinking very little & don like to eat liao...My gf's son is 5yrs old n still drinking frm bot too but oni at hm.

kao_smile.gif

zhuzhu
u gave up on having more kids? ur hb is like my hb. I guess some men just wan to focus on 1 kid. Let's hope for accident to happen..hee.

I haven been to Marina Barage...heard it's a nice pl for kids to roam around. maybe wan to bring ryan there to let him run to his heart content...since he loves to run and zoom...
any mummies bring their kids there? is it too hot at 11am?

Hi Mommies
Was on leave on last friday and busy over the weekends...Jonas has turned Two on Friday.
happy.gif

Regarding milk & food intake, he's taking very little only...hence, the petite size. Milk...he's taking like 500ml per day only..and still on porridge...take 45mins to finish...and rice will take more than an hour to eat. Signzzzz...

Nellu
Work starting to get really hot & busy again in office...so will pop in lesser... Errrm...I probably misread your post about the 6-7 weeks baby who you had?? So sorry!

blueblue
i loves to bring jboy to marina barrage .. coz spacious, and there's a big waterplay area.

I guess 11am will be kinda hot bah. usually i go late afternoon.

Btw mummies, how's our Marina Barrage date on 16 May? Still on?

Morning mummies!

Mum@work, hey been so long since you came in!
Good that things are going on well
happy.gif

Springdance
Hey, Happy Birthday to Jonas! What cake did you get him...
happy.gif

Nellu
Jboy is really very tall! Both u & hubby are tall too, I could see that from photos...

CD & mommies
Hey sorry girls, I think I have to give 16th May a pass after all.... coz we're planning a little BBQ birthday for Adam for some family & friends that afternoon. The only day available since Adam's birthday is on 15th. Tuipuchi...! but u gals have fun!
happy.gif

springdance
<font color="ff0000">happy birthday to Jonas.</font>
i'm also thinking of what programme for ky's birthday.

cool daugther
i dun mind if it's around 5pm cos it's so warm in the afternoon.

milk:
bought a tin of pediasure and i think ky dun like the taste.

nellu
i already making 3oz per feed yet our friend also can't finish it. difficult to make small feeds as need to get the correct temp.

blueblue
ya man..i give up the idea of 2 kids liao..i asked hb again..n he gave me dat kind of face..tell him..next time if my PIL or relatives asked..he has to explain himself to them..
happy.gif

cool_daughter
tks for ur reply. think maybe i will bring ard 5pm after his nap. recently the weather is too hot...even adults cant take it. hee. wear swimming costume or normal tee and shorts?
happy.gif

zhuzhu
i can understand how u feel. I also said to hb that aft 35 yrs old, dun tell me u wan another kid. haha. I also kidding him said dun later find a mistress claiming I dun wan to give birth aft 35yrs old. haha.

springdance
happy belated birthday to JOnas!

nellu/smalldreams
can i have ur blog add again? my hard disk broke down and now all my data are gone . thanks

zhuzhu
nehmind, cont to hope &amp; wish he'd change is mind. 2 is good, Markus can develop even better social skills!

Blueblue
Aiyoh, must threaten hub until like that? Haha! Well hope an "accident" occurs really soon :p

Wonder_baby
It's http://smalldreams.wordpress.com
Do you have a blog too?
happy.gif

blueblue
up to u la .. i'd seen kids in swim costume, and hm clothes too. I normally let jboy wear his swim diaper n those swim top.

smalldreams
u celebrating adam's bday after it? Hehe, usually we chinese dun do dat :p

springd
happy belated bday to jonas .. big boy liao
happy.gif

smalldreams
thanks. nope, don;t hv a blog. thiz lazy mummy is too lazy to start one. wouldnt know what to write also.
happy.gif

chloe is really a handful nowadays. keeps telling she she wants to go 'kai kai' then when we go back home at night, she'll say 'dun wan go home'.she has been saying a lot of 'dun wan's everyday. eg. dun wan potty, dun wan high chair, dun wan pom pom, dun wan vege, etc. she's also asking me to not do things also eg. dun shh shh, dun cut vege, dun cook, dun do things. *headache* wonder when it will stop

CD
heheh, malays don't have as much pantang as chinese... is that rite? But thanks for that trivia, I did'nt know that!

It's just a gathering for some family &amp; friends. For Adam to have fun running around too. At first thought of a poolside birthday makan session, but apparently that's not allowed in the safety regulations....

Wonder_baby
Haha, that's cute abt chloe but am sure it's frustation for you. Guess she has entered period of Terrible Twos... Negation is their fave thing to do - everything NO! :p

I wonder how if we had 6 kids - sextuplets like Jon &amp; Kate Plus 8 (On Channel 70 Starhub cable)

SD,
Aunty c, Ash gorgor n Cher wish Jonas a most happy 2nd birthday with lots of hugz. cher turned 2 ydy too.

Milk bottle:
tks to cher, i dun hv d 'hardwork' of washing n sterilising bottles. she now takes goat milk every morning directly fr a cup.

Smalldreams,
i agree. cher 'learns' a lot fr ash. i think Jboy is CD's son, Jordan. Nellu's boy is Josh :p

Happy Belated to Jonas &amp; Cherelle! Time really flies! our kiddos hitting 2yo liao...

SD,
hahaha nah it's ok...that was some yrs back le before we got Josh. but still kinda poignant to think abt it cos it happened near my bday mah.

wonderbb,
how have you been? balik kampong to watch the political drama? kekekeke.....

my blog add: http://espressoinspirations.wordpress.com

do you have on btw?

chloe had gotten the "dou want" bug fr Josh too huh?! recently Josh has also resorted to throwing tantrums in public and would sit on the floor. he just did that this evening on the way home (fr carpark to my blk!)!

smalldreams, sanrio, CD,
hehehe...Jboy and Josh a bit fated one huh? both are born on the same day btw and in the same hospital. right CD? and also happened to have similar birth stats (ie. wt and length).

DEAR MUMMIES
Thanks for your birthday wishes for Jonas...time sure flies..I gonna start him on CC finally next week. Wanted to wait till he passed the TWO mark.

Smalldream
Got a small 500g cake from The Patissier for Jonas's birthday..but he didn't had any interest in the cake or candles...not keen to eat it too..Oh well...that's my boy.

Sanrio
Happy belated birthday to Cherelle...may she always be a cheerful and sweet girl.
happy.gif

So how you spend the day with Cher &amp; Ash yesterday?

Hi mommies,
thank you for the birthday wishes to Cherelle
happy.gif

SD,
Cher said tk u to aunty. we celebrated her bday 1 day in advance at my home. hv posted the pics in my blog
happy.gif
on d actual day, daddy was leading a bible cell gp sharing so only brought Cherelle out for a walk and simple lunch at sushi tei (since is her fav). late noon the kids had great fun at gymboree, Cherelle's pal bday celebration. back home, the kids k.o. early.

hi mummies
what time is the outing on 16 may? if late afternoon then will give it a miss cuz have to leave by 5pm.

SD
wow, the patissier cake ah! must be yummy. which flavour did you pick? did you have special design? i like their standard designs already, though not kiddy.

thanks, nellu. the politics there is really a drama. dont even want read abt it. hehe. do you know whether josh will be having a baby brother or sister yet?

springdance
my girl has been in the 'birthday' mood since a couple of months ago. she keeps singing happy birthday non stop. n keeps pretending to make a wish n blow out the candles

sanrio
cher looks so sweet in her dress!

Sanrio
Visited your blog..Cher's usual play kakis celebrated her birthday with her ya...really nice.
happy.gif

Lynn
I just picked a novelty design from their website...flavour is the Cocoa Napoleon. You thinking of ordering for Sophie? Throwing a party again for her this year?

Wonder baby
My boy dun even seems to know that it's his birthday..haizz...so what plans you have then for your girl?

Wonder_bb,
tks! i like d dress too. cher was in bday mood too.

SD,
yes she was very happy that her pals came to celebrate her bday. she knew it was her bday, she has been singing d song to herself for weeks/mth b4.

sanrio
went to visit ur blog and saw cher's celebrated her birathday and ur soups!
very impressed with ur cooking skills and u really put in a lot of effort to update the blog.

Happy b-lated birthday to Cher and Jonas

Mummies,
750ml milk a day is according to singapore dietary guidelines for children. only age 3-4yr, then milk requirement drops to 500ml per day.

but if u think that your baby is already gaining enough..then dont worry too much about the guidelines. afterall, it is only guidelines right? As a mother, i learnt that theory is only theory...hee hee. in the guidelines, it even said that from age 2 onwards, should start to change to low fat milk

B no longer has diarrhoea. right after the lacteofort, she recovered. lacteofort very good...next time, maybe just give this enough already, dont even need to go and see doctor.

Smalldreams,
I usually buy in carton, so cheaper mah...hee hee and free delivery too.

Wonder_baby,
B is also like chloe, except that she always see 'I dont want sleep' during night time. ai yah...

Came back from Genting yesterday. IT was fun. We bought the whole day ticket...so we sat the carosel for like more than 10 times...so pei seh.

Realised Genting wasnt so cold as described by others...we had t-shirt all the time.

The flight and everything is ok, except B vomitted when going uphill....think maybe she just had a whole bottle of milk before starting the journey...

sanrio
what does nan xing bei xing n burdock look like?

springdance
not celebrating as in hving a party. juz ordered a cake only

janet
yup. genting used to be quite cold last time. but has become quite warm since the past few years

wonder_baby,
me also not celebrating. At first celebrating at family level, but then a few family members sick, and myself also cough, so have to cancel the catered food. only a cake, barney cake from prima deli.

you celebrating?

Back