(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Joelle, SQ,

Hb said sometimes he 'tasted' pesticides when he sprayed too much. :p

Anyway, smell makes up 90% of the taste. So you aren't wrong to compare the taste to stuffs that you would never put in your mouth.

Hello mummies!! How's everyone?? I've been MIA.. Cos really busy surfing the Dangdang website! I was totally addicted to it for a few days! *faints*

Hey, I think you all should really go take a look at the website and look at the volumes of books available there. I have a few sets and I read to Anna and even Ayden was interested. Hahaha..
happy.gif

Oh yes.. And I bot some for myself..

孙子兵法
三十六计
三国演义

Was intrigued when I watched the Last Bladesman with hb over the weekend.. All along, I thot Caocao was a bad guy.. But in the movie, it seems to portray otherwise.. So, I decided to read up on all these characters.. :p Hahah..

Huingee: Noted.. I saw the series at a few local book stores.. (ok, I admit, I went to search high and low for them, cos I had to satisfy my curiosity to see its contents.) It provides a systematic way of teaching, that involves more work than the point and read series.. And per book is selling for $12-$16!! The whole series from Dangdang is <$30.

HN: I really went crazy, but I had fun.. Past few days have been asking hb to bring me to the bookstores to find, browse and flip the pages of the chinese story books.. Hehehe..
happy.gif

I find the drawings in the books very pleasant and lovely.. Different from the English ones we are so used to..
Some of these books come with HYPY too.. And I even bot a 小学生词典(彩色版)to help me..
happy.gif

HN: Yah..
happy.gif
Hehehe.. Surprisingly, it's not Popular which carries more of these books.. I found them at Kinokuniya and Page One..
I ordered extras here and there when I see both the book and price are good.. Hope can sell later.. Or I'll keep and give away as gifts..
Now I can't wait for the books to arrive..

AAA: show me the books the next time we meet.. heheh sounds like they do have a good selection. So how long does it take to ship to SG?

mummies, mist just popped up behind my desk, gave me a scare!! hahaha she came by and say hi, cos have event at my building! so funny hor.

Mist, i cant recognise u lah, u need to change ur FB profile pic.. hahah to your new current look.

Star: I ordered a lot leh.. Close to $1k! How to show all? Wahahah!! I can post the links though..
happy.gif
Takes abt 4-7 days for the supplier to deliver to the agent, and takes agent 10 days to reach me.. So abt 3 weeks.. Wah! Still a long wait for me..
sad.gif

Hey, you said Rae likes one series very much. What's the title of that series?

This is the series that both Anna and Ayden like very much.. Takes a lot to make Ayden want to sit through the whole book, and still ask for another one.. And I like it v much too.. Wahahah!! The kitty is v cute, the cartoon drawing is full of expressions..
happy.gif

http://product.dangdang.com/product.aspx?product_id=20717811

Star: One of the stories is of a baby tortoise who's lost his mummy and is crying.. Ayden actually sniffed and his eyes became watery! My goodness.. My boy is such a softie at heart?? This is a first time discovery for me..

AAA,I bought this set too, but still not yet reach me.
I bought many too...... Alamak,, and I know that I will buy again next time. U should wait for your loot to come the shop again, dun rush!!

QQ: You're referring to 小猫当当? Why come your loot takes such a long time to reach you?
I tried to cut down, but just help myself leh.. Esp when I read the online reviews, some of the books seem sooo interesting.. That's why lah.. And also I thot I'll only organise one batch, so I went over the top in buying.. But now, I think I may organise another batch.. Or to continue organising lah, cos I'll be buying the books.. Hahah..

Ash: I think reality has not sunk in yet.. Maybe you're still busy that's why.. But it will hit you when you're being pushed into the theatre.. And the next thing you know.. Didi is out ler!
happy.gif

AAA,

Hmm, YT does that too. I guess, at this point of time their reading speed is quite slow? But some sentences she has read a few times, she will link it up. But given a new text, she will revert to the one word by one word way.

Mejo: Yah yah,. I think it's normal.. Sounds to me exactly the way a class of students is reading aloud together. When I demonstrate to her the way she reads, she laughs.. Then, the next time she reads, she goes super fast - too fast and links up all the words that it's not correct either.. Hahah..

My dang dang books just reached me.
AAA, the reason of late delivery is because we wanna buy tap shoes. These shoes need ten days to remake because of the unusual size. Haha!! Then my friend also almost lost the shoes along in a cab one day. Haha!! Luckily the shoes dropped on the road when she traced ... Phew..
Some of the books, I find that their printings are v small. Maybe for older kids. There're seer books that unlike. Will check details tonight or this weekend for details.

Star, i oni knew about the drama these few days. and i did not know they need 2 weeks to make the shoes. the shoes look v nice!!!
i have yet to receive my bill from her. again she is quite slow in all these. haha!! lets wait..
and she din even tell me she shipped out the items le. and i received them with surprise.
haha!

i bought quite a no of books, and i have no time to go through them yet. i did buy one set for u but i forgot what le. some books seems ok somes seems i need more time to determine if they are good.
some kena crumbled cause of the packing. and i think custom opened my books and checked le. some of them were opened as in no more plastic packing.

i think i bought more than 10 sets of books.. i dunno how to tell u all! haha!
show u next time.

QQ: hahah Tian's libray is well stock now. pls hang pig head on me when the bills arrive.

Mummies, i am starting my ML next week after the PH on tues.. cant wait, hope mei mei give me a chance to rest before she comes.

QQ: Wha! The tap shoes are so special? Can buy ballet shoes or not? Hahah..
Re the books, share which are the good ones.. I really can't wait for the books to arrive, then I can share which are the good ones.. And yah, I've heard feedback the fonts of one very very popular series is v small, but the storyline is really interesting though..
What is "There're seer books that unlike."

Star: I came across this set, and I kept thinking that Rae will like it. Dunno why..

Mummies.. We started letting Ayden go diaperless at night.. Keeping my fingers crossed, think in another month time or so, he'll be fully diaperless! Yeah! 2 down, 1 more to go..

Star: Rest well before meimei comes along.. Ash has been so quiet to provide updates here.. Think forum is really going down..

AAA, this ipad is terrible. i forgot to check before i posted.

There're seer books that unlike."
= there are several books that i like!

Qq: The auto correction is so funny!! Haha..
Ok, next round ballet shoes, if our girls are still keen on ballet that is..
happy.gif
Yoh make me super excited with your books..

Hihi! I'm here. Was quite tired n sleepy yesterday so didn't feel like doing much. Was on drip n catheter too. Now all removed so feels beta.
Still not successful at latching. Bb keeps falling asleep. Is it normal?

Ash: Congrats!! It's normal bb is sleepy on the first day.. Take this time to rest. After his first day, he'll be wanting milk every now and then ler!

Post pics here..

Giolyn, u passed your pump to ash yet?

ash, i am more gungho than the rest. first two days if bb not latching liao then i start pumping le. stimulation mah.
*kick me away if u wanna sleep ok*
rest well too! just sleep and sleep. v tired de.
drink more fluid.
let me know if u need help.

Ash, normal, usually at hospital they will be good and sleep cos enuff reserve to last them, the will turn terror when u go home. pls cont to wake him up and latch him, dun swaddle him so tight so he will not feel so comfy. when u discharging?

SQ< i also like my ML plans, provided my mei mei let me rest and dun come out. she has hiccup almost every day now.. so uncomfy for me.

AAA: wha, good lah, u train ayden to go diaperless so soon.. hehehe all the besta nd wish u success.

ya forum a bit slow, i will contribute more post so it will move move more.. hahaha

AAA: which set of books is this, the set that u think rae will like.. u must show me.. hehe

yeah we need to buy ballet shoes.. haha wait for CK cos CO outgrew hers already.. haha

Ash,
I just realised that my friend's wife delivered in RH one-two days ago too. His gal's name is Kylie, so sweet. So many bbs.
happy.gif

Starfruit,
hmmm ... I'm not sure if she goes to the forum. I know the hb, he's my poly classmate.

That May mummy also delivered at RH?

Back