(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Star,

No no, I dun want to cut! No episetomy for me if possible.

Kai, QQ,

That's the thing. You MAY tear not WILL tear. There are stretching exercises and massages to help stretch the perinum. I dun think not tearing is rare since everyone kenna cut so how you know they will or will not tear without the cut? And as Kai's friend's case have shown, cutting doesn't necessarily means less injury. It is artificially introducing the injury. Nor does cutting help the baby comes out faster and easier, that's a myth!
 


got a question..
now i vomit everyday, once or twice a day. mainly after dinner.
usually after dinner i take hormone pills then i vomit.
how ah? i believe I pui the pills out too. should I pop in another two tablets?
i wonder. .....

astro, so far the teng ok with the lesson at purple train? or maybe I got it wrong. i remember he went for assessment, then passed. but then dunno if u eventually enrolled him or not.
 
Edde,

The Cajun chicken and pollock fillet not bad. Dun take the pasta side. Cheese potato side is good. Stuffed cheese jalapeno a bit disappointing, the TPY one better.
 
mejo, i cannot remember that PT cut me woh. actually mine was not cut, though i already prepared to be cut. haha!
i saw the remark column, "slight tear" or "minor Tear" i forgot. so i tot it should be quite ok.

but many ppl specially requested PT dun cut de.
 
QQ,

Oh good, that's what I need to hear. My gynae not very receptive to the idea of not cutting but of course, I never got to that stage.
 
QQ: i want to enrol him. but classes yet to start. principal keep delaying.. chey.. duh.. now they holidays..

today i just joelle.. i realised how come with teng i was so tired.. but now i am hardly 30% as tired.. coz last time.. i sot go and get myself jabbed with hormones for nothing! wah. after that.. tired like anything.. this one. no jabs no hormones hence not much fatigue..
so i can imagine u full strength hormones.. must be so tired..

hmm. think u got to monitor leh.. ehh.. can take the pill before food kind? does it help ah? at least this one not antiboditics.. so still ok.. maybe instead of taking two after u vomit, take one onli? but i think still better to just call TLC to ask. i think the nurses can advise u liao.. no need to see PT for this..

ya..eunice chua quite ok with quesitons.. as long as u dun ask that many questions as i do.. hahahah. but she wil ask if u have quetions or not one lah..
 
mejo: in my birth plan with Eunice chua.. i said no cutting. then she explained.. in comparison to european or south africans.. asians are less flexible.. hence she says. push come to shove.. might still need to cut.. eunice will try to stick to what u want.. but if she sees u in distress or bb.. she can be very firm.. that's what i like abt her.. accomodating but yet can be firm when situation calls for it..
 
mejo,
i think everyone is differnt bah. if tear all the way to anus then how??? scary scary.
anyway, i think talk to gynae better bah.


my kampung is so small, but i heard of weird stories whenever when i go back... sigh!!
1. a 2 week old baby died cause suffocated by his mum on the same bed.
2. a mum spent 30 minutes to push her baby out but doctor spent 2 hours to stitch her up due to serious tearing all the way to anus.
3. .......
 
astro,
ya I think i will eat the pills half way while eating. anyway, not all meals are affected.
i am so tired, cause of the hormones, PT already warned me. he said will be EXTREMELY TIRED. yes i can feel it.
now i think this Mdm Bunnie is so steady, full hormones and yet still go chiong at work, somemore work OT.
 
QQ: yalor. i take ONE jab nia leh. no follow up with pills or whatever. i was half dying liao!
silly me.. really go get myself 'suffer' for nothing. ha..
happy.gif
teng actually should be like ting.. not so tired kind.. ha..

Bunnie also take max hormones?!
wah.. siong..

my efficiency all time low.. one day. i can only finish one task.. haiz.. siao liao lah..
 
QQ: in oct thread. there is this mtb. her gynae.. is very on the safe side.. ordered her to go for weekly jabs plus on hormones. coz she does't have MS (as in vomitting).. till she actually vomits or by second tri (whichever is faster) then he will off her on the hormones leh! gosh..
can u imagine how tired she will be?!
 
astro. serious sia?
no ms is actualyl ok de. some ppl will have no ms, but will not have spotting or any complication. alamak, then she kena jab... so many... aiyo...
and your last jab with teng must be high dosage... haha!!!

very siong hor. bunnie take hormones in the early stage bah.
 
QQ: serious wor.. no joke.. then some mothers tell her change gyane lah.. but i think the gynae is erring on the side of caution. coz this mum. got polycystic ovaries..
the jabs are oil based. hence super pain.. and super ex.. 90 dollars per jab.. and weekly jab somemore! gosh..

ya. i think so.. should be super high dosage..

ya. kaoz. too little hormones cannot.. too much hormones.. will be dead tired.. sian..
 
Astro: I was like the oct mtb. Had to go for weekly jabs and was on hormones pills (duphaston) until after the first trimester.. The jab was the painful kind; so when I recovered from one jab, it's abt time for another one again.. Aiyooh.. But worth it lah, got 2 kids now..
In fact, I took so many jabs that I asked the doc if the jabs would cause my body to
"accept" a foetus that is impaired, esp during the time when he noticed Ayden's nuchal fluid was a bit thick. And his reply was it's very difficult to tell. :p
 
Autum: This is one example. She cries out of protest. Every morning when my maid bathes her, she will cry. Why? Becos they don't carry her sideways to wash her hair anymore. Will wash her hair standing up, and she dislikes having water run down her face. They've taught her to lift up her head so that the water will flow backwards. She will cry and shout "mai3 lift backwards".. And this has been happening every morning for at least the past 1 mth..
Will give you some more examples when she throws her tantrums tom. Was hoping she will throw some tantrums just now so I can cite them here as examples, but she didn't lah.
 
QQ: i had the hormone pills (6 a day the max dosage) plus jabs on alt days :p my butt were practically swollen and painful and itchy! and I was still working hehehe
 
Astro: I didn't know feeling tired was a side effect of the jabs and hormones pills. I just thought I was tired because I was pregnant. For Ayden, I was on bed rest for quite a bit in the 1st trimester. All in, could have been 2mths or more. I stopped all travelling too.

Bunny: Jabs on alt day? Is it the same jab we're talking about here? I thought 1 per week is the max liao.. Gosh..
 
bunnie: jabs on alternate days?! OMG! *fainted*

AA: i also thought so.. till this time. i realised.. hormonal changes can cause tiredness.. and read about it. then i realised..of course.. the drains on the body in trying to grow a foetus..
 
QQ: u try to take the pills once every 3 hours instead of 6 hours. meaning u spoilt the dosage, u will be less sleepy.

If u vomit within 30 mins of taking the pill, yes likely u vomit out the pill. But u not sure and dun wan to overdose, then after 3 hours u vomit, take 1/2 dosage. My fav food is curry, tom yum, mcspicy burger and KFC. I just want SPICY, HOT... otherwise v bland. this one i to date maybe gain 2 or 3 kg (coming to 6 months liao) but i am not eating a lot still. just trying to force myself to eat breakfast already a chore.

2 years later we go Japan lah, disneysea 10th year anniversary!!!!
 
Astro: Yes yes.. My gynae's nurse explained that to me too. The body is working extra hard growing the foetus, which is growing at an exponential rate in the 1st trimester. Hence the tiredness. The rate of growth slows down in the 2nd trimester, plus the body is used to the "energy needed" by now, so the strain on the body is less, and therefore the mtb feels much much better.
 
A & A: shd be the same lah in the first trimester. I didn't have a choice cuz I keep having cramps every 3 days, so even twice a week didn't work for me. So we jab alt days lor. helped a lot! but butt super sore. have to put hot pack every night.
 
bunnie: tom yam?! curry? gosh. i dun dare to eat now. i cannot imgaine the heart burn i will have with that leh..

it is cheaper to go to disneysea 2 years later?! coz. hey.. i am hooked on bring carbo overseas! :p
 
A & A: actually ... ya but i kinda secretly wish for a gal? cuz V so cute ... can dress up. I was thinking boy? so dull, can wear what???? but never mind lah, anyway this pregnancy I am not excited at all. dunno why also. partly cuz of work stress, and i dun have any cover for work. previously not so bad, we cross cover in a team. but now small programme, dun have that kind of manpower.
 
bunnie: V not just dressed up. she is cute as well.. when she acts cute with the teachers in gug class.. ha. u should see ur little princess.. so coy one :p:p
second time last sun. she made k cry.. coz she went to sit on WS's lap!
 
astro: if the yen drops, then yes cheaper. I just like to go disneysea, and the 10th annivesary is just an excuse for me muahahaha cuz then a lot of 10th anniversary theme stuff. see if i can dig out the 5th anniversary photo for u to see one day.

no spotting, but just my mega cramps ... gynae say womb need to relax, so no choice jab lor. hen jab once a week dun work, twice a week dun work, so end up alt days cuz we worked out the cramps occur every 3 days. it's not the slight cramping, but i wake up in pain, like having a very bad tummy ache, and if i dun get any pain relief, I will break out in cold sweat and feel faint.
 
Astro: I heard MUAHAHAH i told my hubby V taking revenge cuz K hit her last time! she super duper coy and act cute when she goes for the other class on sat. buay tahan her! last week the sat class only 2 kids, so she literally sit right in front of the teacher, her knees touching the teacher legs.
 
Bunny: Haha.. If you want another gal, then you go for #3 then. I have enough liao. Close shop!! Your cramping is quite unusual without spotting. I think I remember telling the gynae I have cramps on one night. And kenna another jab lor.. I think the cramps are contractions symptoms.. So for sure not "right" to have in the 1st trimester.
 
bunnie: ha.. miser has agreed in principle.. can visit disneysea because of the positive experience in disney hongkong. ha.. and i like japan..

ya.. must show me!

wah.. wah.. hey. i think another oct mtb.. is suffering from that also..
 
Bunny: Interestingly I asked myself before my menses came today, if I want to have another girl or another boy if I'm really preggie.. I can't decide leh.. Cos Anna is at the notti age, and Ayden is at the very adorable age.. But I think and think.. Tell myself a girl is better cos otherwise, the age gap between Ayden and #3 will be so close, that Ayden will surely end up with MCS.
Plus, Anna will then be so proud to say that she has a didi and a meimei, instead of 2 didis.
And Ayden will get the attention cos he's the only "odd one out"..
Wahahaha!!!
 
Astro: oh I am stopping GUG after this term liao. I prefer the Sat class one, the teacher is very good! location is a bit out of the way, but okay for mummies who drive lah. V really likes this teacher too and really go all out to sakar her.
 
AA,
u so funny.. hoping for Anna to throw tantrums so that u can have examples to cite! haha.. thanks! hmm, so that hair-washing episode is considered a T2 behaviour? But why not just a normal tantrum?

Bunnie,
u are not excited abt this preg cos 2nd one liao. Usually like that la. Woah.. u had to jab alternate day.. u are a very brave mama! go through so much!
 
A & A: well, gender dun really matter as long as baby is normal and healthy (given my age). My gynae seems to be very worried that I very cin chai with amnio and I so readily agreed to it this time. But blame it on him lor, cuz he do it very well and very little pain/ discomfort, so hence i not worried :p

besides girl or boy, it depends on their temperment, dun mean = girl better or boy = better. I am just wondering what kind of temperament my boy will have :p
 
Autum: I actually won't consider that a total T2 behavior. That's why although it was on my mind, I didn't update earlier and instead said I'll think of examples. It's just super irritating she cries every morning cos it wakes me up from my sleep..
 
bunnie: u remember who the teacher on sat is?
ha.. sakar the teacher..? look at the way u describe ur girl :p

aa: there was something wrong with my eyes. i thought i read. 'ayden is at the not very adorable age'.. and i wanted to ask why! ha..
happy.gif

seomthing is very wrong with my eyes..but this time ur menses is coming back quite early hor?
 
A & A : i forgot to mention, I have a gf, G - B - G. The youngest will BITE the bro if she doesn't get her way, and they literally fight ... so i dunno if that's a good combi heheheeh
 
Bunny: Wah.. Then we're getting into the details liao. How can one "influence" the temperament of the baby? Given that some "influence" over the gender by monitoring ovulation, jumping after sex etc etc.. Temperament is a total X-factor..
 
AA,
I don't think that example you cited is tantrum from T2 leh. I think even for some older kids around 3-4 yrs old, they'll also fuss when washing their heads cos the water and shampoo get into their eyes and it makes them uncomfortable.
 
bunnie: i totally agree wor.. even with 2 boys. it is a vast difference. i dropped by titu's house.. ah seth so frenly. dragging me everywhere and wants me to 'sit'.. 'draw' with him.. aiyo.. teng doesn't care a hoot one leh. lucky if he good mood to say hello or byebye to strangers liao!
 
autum, for bel, she anyhow hit people. Scream at the top of her voice for no reason. Den ask for food(just eaten very full already), i don wan to give, roll on the floor and hit her head against the floor, cry after she feel pain and wan u to go sayang her, if never sayang, she make herself fall infront of u again. Just to make sure. U see it! Den i sayang her, she use her hand to shoo me away den walk away and destroy other things! Really will make u strangle her!
 


A & A : har nor, so tt's why G or B, never mind, most importantly, healthy, normal, obedient and fillial :p I just want them to grow up as happy persons!
 

Back
Top