(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Autum,
you probably won't find it funny if you are the parents. :p

Reyden insists on throwing some velcro fishes (that comes with a chart) into the toilet bowl and tell me "fish swim"!!! I got to go fish out the fishes from the toilet bowl.
sad.gif
 


evelyn, u mean naughty corner? Oh, i told the sch to use this method to teach bel, she very happy to go naughty corner leh. This gal is getting from bad to worst.
 
Irin,
hmm.. ok, so as long as we can explain and they stop the behaviour, then it's not T2.. ok, that is easier to understand! haha..

actually i do parenting by distraction or just letting him be. not sure if it's good but i normally do that! like just now, EJ didn't want to eat dinner, he wants to sit at his small desk to play stickers first.. but his papa forcefully carry him and strap him down to the high-chair.. so of course EJ was crying and screaming.. and my maid was trying to pacify him.

well, i just very calmly took him out of the high-chair and dry his tears.. then let him go. He actually didn't want to play with stickers liao. he just run into the room to cry.. then I just told everyone to leave him alone.. he is just wanting attention.. then after a while.. he just come out of the room.. then I gave him a bit of food.. then he went to his high-chair.. then ate dinner..

so I dunno is it I manage to divert a potential T2 episode or he is not going through T2. oh well..
 
autum, i think he still haven go thru t2. Soon soon. Lol. Cos bel also like this before. Wan to drag time. Make us do more work to please them.
sad.gif
 
My friend has 2 daughters, once they came to visit us. The younger one is 3, she yelled at her sister, scolded her in chinese and then grab her hair and didn't let go for the next 5 mins.:-(
 
rr, the teacher every day complain to me ma. This gal. Make me lost face leh. Everyday must stay back. So, now, i always the last to fetch her. So other mother wont see me being called to stay back and meet the teacher. Lol!
 
evelyn,
yes, our kids really learn every thing from us (and people around them).. so we are always very careful of what we say/do in front of EJ. :p

Yvonne,
oh oh.. u are scaring me! I hope EJ won't have T2!
 
RR.. ok i try. :p

autum: how about this? T2 is a period of escalated frequency of such behaviours. essentially what triggers the behaviours might be the same..food /tantrums or for no ryhmne and reasons.. and often it starts around 2 years of age.. it is not classified by the TYPES of behaviours.. but the FREQUENCY of such bouts of trantrums..

in ur link.."Characterized by toddlers being negative about most things and often saying 'no', the terrible twos may also find your toddler having frequent mood changes and temper tantrums.

To help you cope with this normal stage in your child's development, you should always remember that your child isn't trying to be defiant or rebellious on purpose. He is just trying to express his growing independence and doesn't have the language skills to easily express his needs. This can also be the reason why your toddler frequently gets frustrated and resorts to hitting, biting, and temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way." ..

this talks more about frequency.. more than the types of behaviours..
erm. u get what i mean?

so conclusion. Reyes is more manageable now.. used to be a period when she cannot express her wants.. and threw frequent tantrums.. now according to RR, she is better and more controlled..
while yvonne's bel.. is undergoing it now.. with the kinds and intensity of behaviours manifested..
teng also..
 
Aiyooh.. Got sms from QQ.. She's got some light bleeding.. I think it's the old blood. Told her to go rest and call PT to inform him tom.

Autum: Am confused by your definition liao..

RR: Got your meaning. But see, being sensible is not the same as being able to communicate. It means she can be reasoned with.
If T2 covers only tantrums caused by a lack in communication skills both ways (ie can ask what she wants and can understand why she can't have it, but still throws a tantrum anyhow), then such tantrums are under T3?
And Reyes has not only graduated from T2, she has become sensible as well..
happy.gif
Good for you..
 
Yvonne, your girl is really tough, but i think this will pass if you stay firm. I guess this is part and parcel of growing up and learning. Kira was pushing, then scratching, now she gets jealous whenever I carry other babies. Then she ask me to stopit! I don know what's next!
 
Astro

I agree with you. I feel that when I get impatient, it doesn't solve anything. But constant reminder helps her become more mature and develop self control.
 
Astro,
so the definition is by frequency, regardless of type of tantrums.

AA,
my definition is confusing ah.. nevermind.. cos apparently my def is not correct anyway! haha

Hmm.. hope QQ is ok.
 
evelyn: ha.. i have to have a sense of humour with my mum around spoiling my boy rotten and yet complaining that he is notti.. else i dun make light of the situation.. think i will jump.. instead of throwing teng out of the window! maybe i will do both.. bring teng and jump. from the window..

AA: i got that sms from QQ also. i was analysing for her if it is old or new blood.. and the lady concluded that it is subjective and need a colour chart to be more precise! i also told her to call PT. and she told me.. 'mai kan cheong'.. hahahaha :p
 
Astro,
hmm then in that case I must try to understand what is T2 liao. cos what if I am the sort who can withstand T2 such that I don't even find that it's "T2" but to me they are just normal "tantrums"? jialat.. quite confused now!
 
Yvonne: The snatching of teethers happen between Anna and Ayden too.. Anna will forcefully take away his teether, and Ayden will scream that his teether is being taken away.. Hahah.. We have 2 pianos at home. Ayden likes to hit the notes; Anna will insist on playing on the piano that Ayden is playing on. And before Ayden comes along, she totally ignores her piano!

Autum: Yah, I'm also quite confused over the T2 definition. :p

Astro: I think it's old blood purging out. Nevertheless, calling PT is best..
 
Autum, YY,
aiyah, now I'm confused liao also. :p

AA,
hmmm ... don't want to further confuse the other mummies liao.
happy.gif
We started this topic cos you about how I know T2's over for Reyes. Reyes used to be a good gal, then she suddenly became easily frustrated, whiny, threw lots of tantrums so I knew she was going thru T2. Then when she stopped doing all those things and back to like what she used to be (and ya, she also became more sensible), I knew it was over.
But I think should varies from kid to kid bah.
 
autum: yes. i define T2 like that.. it is like how come the angelic bb suddenly become so rebellious and keeps throwing tantrums.. what used to be accepted meekly, is now resisted again and again..there are more and more episodes of such things.. as the bb trys to assert his independence this age.. that is termed the terrible twos.. the behaviours are the manifestations.. frequency marks the beginning of terrible twos.. and the management of this period is to understand why such behavious cccured.. and make it more toleraable.. and when bb get more lingusitic control. it passes and fades. such episodes..
and become no more..till adolescence.. again..
 
RR: I edited the post to you. Am getting confused.. Hahaha.. But I'm trying to say that I feel Anna is still in the T2 stage, despite being able to communicate her wants and being told why she can't have them.
At the same time, I am also seeing that she is getting more sensible as wel.. Cos there're instances when she's being turned down, and she will say to me "later". ie she can't have her biscuit now, but later she can; or she can't go downstairs to play bubbles now, but later she can. Kekeke...
 
Autum,
it's ok if EJ's tantrums are manageable, regardless if it's T2 or not. Anyway not all kids will go thru T2.
I wanted to find out cos I couldn't handle Reyes that time. There were big changes in her behaviour. And I didn't want to handle their T2 tantrums the way I handle the normal tantrums.
 
mummies,
i feel that for EJ's case, he is often told to wait. as in, we have constantly reinforced that he must be patient and his school teacher does that as well.. the kids are all trained to wait and i think that is the most impt because through patience, a lot of behaviours can be managed.

I just hope and pray that he remains this way!
 
AA,
I feel that Anna's out of her T2 stage liao since you said that you can reason with her and her tantrums are manageable, right?

YY,
ok, we have the same understanding about this T2 thing.
happy.gif
 
RR: i beg to differ this time. i think all kids will go thru T2.. just how intense.. and for how long. coz all kids wants to make a choice? no?
just how 'stubborn' nia
happy.gif


Autum: imho. I don't think it is necssary to be consious of if EJ is going thru T2 . if u dun notice it.. coz if it doesn't affect u.. then good.. but if it does.. then that's where the experts will throw in the tips and strategies.. to manage the trying period. as how RR put it.
come adolescene.. that is more difficult. i find.. T2 is peanuts compared to that
happy.gif
 
Actually doesn't matter the definition lah.. Tantrums are tantrums.. T2 or not, we have to deal with them as parents.. Think we can move on to share how we deal with them.
 
autum: teng is also told to wait.. and he will raise his hand.. and repeat 'wait'.. while nodding his head away.. so cute.. so . i keep telling him to wait.. and he waits.. :p aiya. i like to disturb my son.. :p

RR:ha..i see it as frequency.. never the types of tantrums..interesting discussion
happy.gif
 
YY,
ya, she cried and got whiny almost every single moment till I couldn't tahan.

Autum,
but hor, sometimes when I find them very ke lian when I ask them to wait outside the kitchen for dinner. They were screaming for food that day and I just raised my voice and said: "Mummy's cooking, can wait or not?!!" Then they replied me, "can." and just stood there quietly. I felt so bad after that cos I think they were really hungry.
sad.gif
 
Astro,
huh, but u just pointed out that T2 is a cognitive development, so that's why I thought i should try to be conscious of it! haha..

of course deep down, i am not very very concerned la.. cos deep down, i still belong more to the bo-chap-academy! :p But if it's something impt to know, than maybe i should go read up a bit la.
 
YY,
hmmm ... ok, I change my statement "we have similar understanding about this T2 thing." hehe.
Ya, ok. All kids will go thru T2 but some parents might not realised it.
Like in Reyden's case, I believe he's in T2 stage now too but I find that it's manageable cos he had been throwing bad tantrums since young so I'm used to it liao. :p
 
autum: ha.. teng has lots of congitive developmenets which i am not aware of every day!. like all of a sudden. she can call my sister by her name. and my mother by her name.. after my mother told him once.. ha.. i am enjoying his growth. in spite of his nottiness..
i think i had that period when i was paranoid of everything.. i am trying to get myself into bochap academy lah.. :p

RR: ha. u cute lah. alamost like ur twins. reyden is the devil.. reyes is the angel! :p
 
I went to take a bath.. So hot man.. I think menstruating makes a person feel warmer right? And hor.. (this next sentence may sound gross) I've not smelled the blood flow for some time liao. It even feels foreign. Wahahaha...

RR: Wanna ask you. How differently do you deal with non-T2 tantrums?
 
tonight's topic is about T2.

i think temperaments are inherited from parents. leia has both our impatience for sure.

hmm, i cant differentiate whether leia is having T2 now because she seems to be having that since born...:p its not like she used to be a good gal then suddenly become very notti.

she can be very unreasonable. for e.g. if she doesnt like the music i play in the car, she will throw temper, say Mai Mai (dun want).

autum
both mr wong and you are very gentle and patient. EJ has these good traits.
 
Irin, Astro,
ok, so in that case, I think EJ is also having T2, but that I find his tantrums manageable. hee...

Actually recently I do find him trying to be more assertive. He will want his way more often such as insisting on wearing certain clothes or shoes. Is that considered T2??
 
Talking about methods to deal with tantrums, Autum uses the distraction method; RR uses the reasoning method on Reyes; I will sometimes use the "ignore" method. But my method is not so good I feel. Cos the child may feel unwanted. :p

Astro: I am also in the bo-chap academy.. Cos I feel, early or late, it doesn't signify the child's future..
 
Pink,
you must train Leia to be patient. I feel that patience is really a good trait. only with patience, then can think more deeply.

I used to be very impatient when I was younger.. everything is NOW NOW NOW.. everything I do must be fast fast fast... now after having EJ, i changed a lot! can be more patient. But another way to look at it is I have become lazy!! :p
 
autum: sees to me.. it is marking the beginning..

pink: leia is a very spirited girl.. has the energy and the dynamics.. this girl if u can channel her energy into more determination . i think she can make it big leh.. coz she is not afraid to tell u what she wants
happy.gif
 
Pink: Speaking of music in the car.. Anna likes Sarah Brightman and Secret Garden. She will ask papa to "music please" when she's in the car and we're playing any other music..
 
AA,
I use the distraction with Reyden too. Cos no amount of reasoning works with him.
sad.gif


Pinkpink,
then probably Leia is in the same group as EJ and Reyden. They might be going thru T2 but we can manage their tantrums so we can't tell.
happy.gif
 
Autum,
but I feel that people with lots of patience do things very slowly leh. :p Kent's a very good example.
 
AA,
I will use distraction as an immediate-solution if he is already crying/screaming then thereafter I will explain/reason.

If he is just beginning to do a naughty act (no screaming/crying), then of course straight away I will use the stern-tone to reason.
 


Back
Top