(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

afternoon mummies.. not at work today, have a doc appt and went to school to celebrate rae's bday.

QQ: i dun have access to office email, pls sms if u r looking for me.

Wha more books to buy.. hahaha i take a break first, need to sort out her book shelf, too many books already.
but i am kinda interested in the leapfrog collection.

Starfruit,
happy 4th birthday to Racia!
happy.gif

QQ. kaexin, RR, ash, can i check, what is the price of the bikes u all bought for your kids?

i finally sorted out the brake on rae's bike!! its not that there is no brake,rthe break system is in the pedal!. lucky BIL left a number for me to call, if not, we all would not know. apparently the design for her bike is that the brake is incorporated into her pedal, she can activate the brake by back peddling. rational is that children her age may not have the strength to press the handbrake, so if they need to brake, ust pedal backwards and the bike will stop. of cos still dangerous if she comes down a hill. The height of the seat and front T bar can be adjusted accordingly. and the handle is also wide to accomodate them. wha so chim right.. i better bring rae down for the guy to demo to her.

RR: thanks.

And i love the BS new range of princess cake i ordered this round, the printed one.. its soo nice.. better than the cream version, i need to download a pic and show all of u.

germaine, ya lah, i also blue when he explain to me.. told hb he needs to go down for a live demo if not we wont know what to do.

RR: cake pic for her reference, incase u need another princess cake for reyes.
happy.gif

Star: nice! But the wording not done v nicely :p but the cake is still nice.

AA: havent buy zytec. Sry, which qn? The books u getting are in pounds? Wah...

Now with my sis and her hb... She selecting her gown... Ha for customary .. 2 years after rom.. Ha..

Starfruit,
wow, the cake looks so nice! They have it with Snow White? We have enough of cakes le. :p I'll keep this in mind if she's still crazy over Princess next year, hehe.

I got their bikes cheap cheap nia, at Carrefour. Think $49.90 each.

RR: this cake quite cheap leh.. $38 only its 1kg and yes its very nice.. agree that the name piping is not that nice. they have A to Z, each character has a differnt princess u cant choose or customise which princess to the letters. we were lucky that it was Aurora on the R. they also have non letter cake, which features either individual princess or the full princesses.. very nice too. cos its sugar/icing and printed thats why it looks so much more realistic!

astro: ya lah, i wanted them to pipe just acia next to the printed R, but then hb reminded me not too be too clever cos the cake shop ppl sure will screw up!! haah

Thanks RR and Ash, i think rae's bike damn expensive, sneak a peak at the receipt, its $100 plus!!! cos to $200.. gosh.. i think way too expensive already.

germaine, u can get this for gwyen, choose the one.

Starfruit,
I think K's also not cheap. We saw some bikes at Toyrus selling at $159-$189. Think those are the better ones too.
"yi fen qian, yi fen huo", Rae's bike looks sturdy and nice, worth the $$ lah.
happy.gif

star: mine is cheap cos some parts are plastic instead of metal. can tell when u start comparing. but the pedal brake thing will need getting used to. now A getting used to the idea of hand brakes. we keep reminding him cos he scared when go down slope. so now more confident n happier liao

AAA: i cant find the sb plastic thingie on joann. do u hv the link? do u have some spares to sell to me? i need abt 5-10 pcs at the moment

Ya rae's bike looks like gd quality de
Was jus telling Autum Tt bengawan solo Quite gd w keeping up With the designs of cakes

YE wants Dora
ONI Prima Deli has rite?

actually hor those cake that provide photo printing allow you to print anything as long as u can provide them a picture of reasonable size. So SQ, you need not got to Prima deli if you do not want the usu creamy design.

RR: PG cakes may be cheap per kg, but they always add design cost, even if the cake is entirely the same as ones we see in their folders, and that makes them not so cheap ler..

Astro: Yah in pounds.. You've ordered there before? Since you missed out my earlier question, then nvm mind.. Not impt..
Quickly go get zrytec, don't suffer unnecessarily..

Ash: Let me find the link.. Mine is 12x12 wor.. How many pieces you need? I should have some to spare.. You're on on the Noddy right?

Star: I'm doing another batch of tbp spree. Let me know if you want the leapfrog set..

RR ya a bit exp her bike i think its the material cos damn heavy. I would not have found out the price if i did nt ask for the contact to enquiry abt the bike. Scolded. MIL cos told them no need to spend so much cos now i paisay.

I finally spotted rae on the disney bday book n yes kaexin she was the first one. I think i will see her again tomorrow at 3.25pm slot. I counted there should 5 bday book this mth.

Belle i think u should be able to see chloe tonight at 7.30 pm slot. N i should be able to see rae's bk tomorrow at 3.30pm again.

SQ, Dora, the last time, i got from e-creation...

Star, Rae's bicycle looked very good.

Astro, i customary after 6years ROM.

SQ i think ecreative has a dora cake? Was it CK which ordered before?
Ya BS new range of princess cake is very nice.

AAA thks i think i skip this round cos wanna pack her book shelf n i still have an order with QQ.

AAA agress with u oh PG cake with all the design cost , their prices are comparable to BS. We got a bit tired tis yr n tot we should try another bakery. But hor i still like their lychee martini lah.

cK haaha see i remembered its u. So my memory still nt so bad after all. N i hope rae's bike is value for the money. Paisay to make SILs n MIL spend so much lah.

Star: Ok.. I like their BF.. And I've always ordered this flavour until I'm quite sian, so I tried the hazelbut choc.. Wanted to try the baileys but it's alcoholic, so didn't..

AAA, Starfruit,
no leh, I ordered Mickey designs (with own toppers and lychee martini for one layer) from PG last year, it was $125 for 3kg. So about $41/kg, still cheaper.

Giolyn,
there are 2 layers mah, choco and lychee martini. The adults had the lychee martini lor. Very nice.

You got to check if they have Mr Bean designs.

AAA: can sell me 3 or 5 pcs of the plastic sheets first? i think no need so many for a start. (categorized under paper, no wonder cannot find) i've yet to print photos too :p
yep, confirmed on the noddy set

RR: What design did you choose? Lychee martini is $36 per kg, 3kg will be $108, and their design cost is $20 and above wor.. Then we have to buy the toppers ourselves.. So it all adds up..
Anyone ordered just a round cake from them before? I wonder if they charge for 1-tier round cakes too.. :p

I think for simple round cakes, cheaper to get elsewhere.. But for more complicated cakes, then boh bian..

RR n AAA i also always order the same flavours every yr- top tier which is the smaller tier is always triple layer choco n bottom my fav lychee martini!! I guess tats why we got a bit sick of it. N this yr i no energy to hunt for cake toppers n since rae wanted the BS aurora one we just ordered tat.

Irin, BS gives free delivery for $120 n above purchase for PG i need to pay $20 for delivery so if i compare both 3kg cakes with delivery, PG is more expensive leh.

Germaine u can order 2 tier cake the alcoholic tier for the adults n choco for kids but min for 2 tier is 2.5kg. So quite big the cake.

Star: You're preggie this year, will feel tired easily..
happy.gif

You're right.. PG is not exactly near for me either.. Hubby always does the colelction though.. It was only recently that I know where the shops are! Haha..

AAA i think regardless of single or double tier they will still charge u the design cost leh cos need to design pipe the cream put in the toppers decor etc. But i do like their fresh cream its yummy.

rr: i agree with u, their lychee martini is quite nice.. kaitlyn bday for nite celebration is from PG too.. i love reyes cake.. lucky ashlyn didn't see.. hahah.. if i got cake toppers, where u thnk i should go.. PG again?? hahah mayb i should try something new.. for her sch mayb i will do BS princess ones..
happy.gif

star: racia's cake very nice too!..

AAA, Starfruit,
I ordered Mickey design with own toppers lor. Top layer lychee martini and bottom choc. It's $35/kg x 3 = $105 + $20 design charge, $125. Or I remember wrongly? I remember it was less than $38/kg (cos I ordered Prima for their school last year and it was $38/kg)

Collection not a problem for me cos it's near my place.

AAA ya lucky she like the BS cake if nt i will faint from having to hunt for toppers n cake deco !!!! N its scary to transport a cake 2 kg n above i prefer delivery so if any screw up i just scream at the shop cos cant be screaming at hb right!!! Hahaha

Actually for those who came to rae's celebration this yr i paid $10 for a specific delivery time. The man screw up n was 40 mins late n i was angry i called up the out n scolded them in the end they compensated me with a $20 cash voucher from BS. Hebehe. N SQ was also telling me their service is nt good.

Ash: Ok..
happy.gif

RR, Star: I think for simple 1kg round cakes, cheaper elsewhere if PG also charges design cost. For bigger cakes, the design cost is divided out.. So could be cheaper.. Anyway, good to get alternatives. I think I'll try awfully chocolate for ayden's birthday..
happy.gif

Back