(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

gioyoln, that one small case!
if my dotter got herself a spouse who is similar as to me and jay, like that i can drink kopi with him rather than mix with my son.. worse right?
 


Giolyn,
wah! You really think alot leh. I didn't even think about that. hahaha!! But I doubt they will stick to the addressing lah.
 
giolyn, haha!

me: hi john (for example)
john: hi mum.
jay: john, come limkopi with me.
John: sure Jay! more sugar or milk?
 
hahha... true mah. But hor i wish they stick to the traditional way of addressing leh. I dun wish it get eroded. Now i make Clyde and Gwyen to call my cousin 表姨,表舅, call my aunties 姨婆,姑婆 etc. i think it is quite fun.
 
hahhah...QQ. hahah funnie lah u. I have a fren whose hb is her dad's fren. It is her dad who intro his fren to his dotter. Awkward rite? sighhh..
 
Mist
a smart MIL has to learn how to get into good books of DIL, esp those who stay with DIL bcos 1 day you will need help from you DIL no matter wat.
im stating the fact. daughters are married off and stay far far away, if anything happens, only son/dil can come to your rescue immediately.

belle
your dad is quite weida too.

QQ
yes very nan2 de2 for both in laws to be so close.
i feel that i will be a chin chai MIL but next time i will tell my daughters to eliminate boyfrens who are required to stay with their mums
happy.gif
 
QQ, Pink,

hahaha.. yah loh, that's y my hubby always reminded me tt i will be MIL next time, so "shou xia liu qin" for my mil now... sigh!

well, i dun know next time if my sons will ever come n rescue me!!!
 
hahha.. pink/ belle, 1-2 month before my wedding day. i move in to my current home with hb. My stepmom (my mum pass away when I was 2) told me that my dad could not sleep during the first few nights. i guess 2004 is a heavy year for him esp. My grandma (my dad's mom) passed away and shortly after his princess (which is me!!!) as her only child move out. sighhh... come to think of it, he must have suffer alot emotionally.
 
giolyn
your dad loves u a lot, his only princess. i suspect mr tan will drop his hero's tear when leia gets married...hmm..hard to say...maybe enya gets married first??? wow think very far liao...influenced by you! wahhaaa

Mist
didi looks more like you!
 
Pinkpink,

Nature vs nurture, I believe both plays a role. In any case, I think Leia is okay. Don't have to worry too much. Last time YT go to new places will turn into stone one now she machiam treat every new place like her own home. Last time I hit her also she like nothing but now I scold only she bawls. Children change as they grow. Just have to observe and make sure that it is nothing indicative of serious problems. I kept thinking that I'm an okay child and my mom kept telling me that I'm an easier child than YT but apparently, according to my cousin, I'm quite the terror too. :p Well, my mom only sees me in the evenings on weekdays and during weekends when I'm young, so she din experience the "terrifying" me. So come to think of it, maybe YT is the easier child. I mustn't complain about her, haha, cuz i've done worse to my caretakers.
 
Giolyn
can i ask you when did your dad accept your stepmum? how did you feel then? happy for him or...?

Mejo
i will give leia 1 more year...whahaha. my mum shakes head too, she said both my bro and I were easy kids. MIL also said mr tan was a good boy.
 
RR,

I think I don't mind YT having an older... much older... husband/boyfriend but not at 19 years old. 19 years old, they are still too immature. I mean, I have my first boyfriend at 21! (Okay, I know I don't represent the majority...) But hor, yar, I also think that the guy will have a hard time from hb. Ha... Actually I think I'll have more objections if she choose a man much younger than herself. Older man is good, they are mature and more able to take care of the spouse financially and emotionally. Of course, the woman may ran the risk of getting widowed young though. My father is 10 years older than my mom but they met each other at 40+ and 30+ respectively.
 
belle, pink,

hahaha... little x very "talkative", always hv many goo-goo ga-ga sound. i notice he likes to smile as well... hahaha..

Mummies,
gtg liao... go fetch the 2 boys... ;)
 
pinkpink,

I tell you hor, caretakers will modify their image of the child one. They won't remember how "bad" their charge is. Like MIL, kept saying that YT is easy. Then I reminded her, all the puking, all the long hours feeding, the difficulty in toilet training because she actually seem to enjoy being steeped in poo. They all forget and take the current you in reference. My cousin is not my caretaker but she lives with me when we are young so she is quite clear on how bad I am really, haha.
 
Pink: ashlyn damn alot of pattern loh.. haiz.. she can even show teacher her emo.. like read book half way CRY!

RR: hahaha.. i tot ashlyn is the only one.. u know hw i bluff her??!! My ITOUCH!

mummies going pink's place for potluck.. anyone don't eat beef?? tot of making shepard's pie!
 
Mist: oh ya i agree with pink, Little X do look mor elike u hor? actually i think both boys looks like u leh even though they look quite diffferent from each other.
 
Pink, my dad remarry when i was 22 leh. so hor the-wicked-stepmother image is of course long gone. I have to accept cos i know one of these day he will be lonely when i get married. Bcos he remarried when i am already adult, this means that i am not close to her. So to me, my stepmom is just another person in the family. No feel actually... but of course jealous lah. What to do? As long as my dad is happy, I am happy.
 
Giolyn
great. he sure needs a companion now that you also have a family to take care of.
just thinking for my galfren, dun think she wants to remarry, hope she goes to work and meet more pple after her gal goes to to primary school.

Star
tell u something...leia is only allowed to marry someone of our race..im trying to ask him to be more open-minded.
 
pink: u need to talk to Mr Tan cos sometime, its really beyond our control, i have a few cousin, my aunt objects to all their potential partners, so now, they are like in their late 40s liao and still single.
My preference is also for rae to have a partner of the same race but if she choses another, i will learn to accept lor.
 
Pink: my BIL's (hb's sis's husband) elder sis married an indian, apparently the family objected for so long, and my SIL's MIL even cried till she was ill. but now they are happily married and have 2 kids!
 
Giolyn
christian?

Star
ya i pyscho him...he's a bit more open-minded now. but there's 1 particular one he cannot stand..and hor the more u dun want, the more it will happen..:p
 
Giolyn,
I'm open to all races, all ages, all religions as my kids-in-laws so maybe next time i'll have a MNF (multinational family) wahaha!

I also prefer to stick to the tradition addressing but might be abit difficult to stick to the addressing for RR. I hope they won't get tease by their classmates next time. Now the whole class call reyden "gorgor" and Reyes "meimei".
 
Mejo,
I also prefer older guys, hehe. I had an ex-bf almost 10 yrs older than me. :p but ren suan bu ru tian suan, I married someone my age, haha!

Kelley,
Think Mich don't take beef.
 
RR
i dated guys 2-5yrs older than me, who knows i married someone younger than me..muahahhaa! i used to think how come i never get to date someone of my age, so wish granted plus bonus 1 yr younger...haha.
 
QQ: ha.. ya. the ball is now rolling (?) on the floor.. hahaha. cute lah this yh..
happy.gif


mejo: yesterday i was grading.. rushing D + 3 so never reply ur post.. i had the same thought that all of us are learning challenged in some way.. then i went and asked the educational pyschologist leh.. (coz miser kept insisting there is a spectrum of mildly autistic among the normal pple).. educational pyschologist v firm. said no.. if u have a learning disability. u have a learning disablity.. for autism. u need to fulfill three points.. (language impairement, social unawareness/'failure' and erm. last one i forgot:p).. to be considered as autistic. no way the normal person like him is 'mildly' autistic. he is talking more of anti social than autistic!

and learning challenged. in ur definition. is learning preferences.. perhaps. and in our nuerological constructs.. two egs.. verbal and perceptive reasoning (Analytic aspect).. so i am stronger in my verbal.. while miser is definitely stronger in analytic.. so does that kind explain the your pt? my pt is.. all these disabillities.. are clinically defined.. no grey lines one. but of course. within the disabililty. got a spectrum.. normally the not so badly affected kind. can live a normal life. but their disabliity stays with them..

aa: i asked.. it is dyspraxia more than dyslexia when skipping crawling.. it is one of the signs.. but not always..

star: the dyslexia pple have a hard time.. it is more than just mixing up the d, p, g, q wor.. their text can appeared swirling, floating, dancing or disconnected! and nothing wrong with their eyes leh.. wah.. some have flashes of colour!
hmm.. eh. can u sms me ur account number for me to do the transfer?

kaexin: i owe u $ for gap also right?

I dunno if i can make it for may 1 gathering or not. coz miser will be coming back from korea that day.. :S
 
pink: u worried for leia? that she might have adhd? adhd.. can't sustain attention more than 3 minutes leh.. but leia can.. and she maintains eye contact.. so def not autistic..
 
mist
steam fish can be tasty too. some soy sauce or add sour plum.. well, at least hv 1 homemade soup. my kids r used to bland food n mr pax will jus add soy sauce to his food if too bland, so nt too difficult for me. i learn to stir fry ingredients before adding rice and water to make porridge. nt bad. also learned to cook simple 1 dish meal like hokkien mee. cooking is nt difficult. it's the preparation of ingredients.
tingkat a gd idea for working mommies, but dun expect vv vv tasty food..
 
YY,

Haha, I was rushing D+3 also... in the end, couldn't make it and then leo went down around 12 plus...

Is there really no grey lines because isn't certain observations rather subjective? Then again, I supposed there are certin definitive tests. Hmm, I'm no expert in this area. What I can believe is that the great majority of us are not being able to achieve our greatest learning potential for one reason or another.
 
Just wanna ask... When you think of being a MIL, are you thinking of your son or your daughter being married?

I think majority will "recognise" oneself to be a MIL with a DIL around (ie it's the son who's married) Think SILs seldom complain lah.. Only DILs complain to their mums/hubbies of the MILs...

Women... *Sigh*
 
pinkpink,
My hb also said, our sil or dil must be same race. For me I'm more open on this but he said no no.
Yes, I think when Leia turn 4 she will be much better. Can listen and follow instructions.
Esther's attention span still very short. She can't pay attention long and need constant reminder to pay attention.
 
Astro: So it is both dyslexia and dyspraxia that are connected to non-crawling babies.. Yup, not always.. The connection with dyspraxia (as opposed to dyslexia) is more obvious to understand I must say.
Anyway, LKY is mildly dyslexic as a child.. So there's really nothing to be concerned with.. Think some of us discussed this before too..
 

Potluck on 1st May
venue: Function Room @Blk 39D The Infiniti @West Coast Park (Hong Leong Garden)
day: sat
time: 5 to 10pm
Activity: Swim, Ride Bike/Scooter & Eat
Map: http://www.streetdb.com/singapore-street-directory-BUILDING-p127715-THE-INFINITI.htm

Note: Tell the Guard you are attending party at Function Room

Attendees:
1. Kaexin
2. RR (Braised chicken wings with mushroom)
3. Nana (curry chicken)
4. Mist
5. joelle
6. Mejo (can I do thai style green chicken curry?)
7. Kelley
8. pinkpink - Fried Rice :)P)
9. Huingee
10. Astro (as usual, i order my pizza hor.. hahah chope first)
11. Giolyn (calamari)
 

Back
Top