(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

i try to recall how i learn and had a breakthrough during Pri time. my type must use ji jiang fa3 one. very hard to explain but i think my mum did the right thing for me and she did not even teach me anything cause she also dun really know.
my sis need to feed infor more (learn things deadly type), my elder brother is too smart to be taught (no teaching also except from teacher). younger brothers then a bit failure cause unable to see their preference cause too many kids at home.
so must find out what our kids like to do? and their strenghts in any aspect.
 


huingee, that's the problem. david is not alawys at home. so must make sure u give him one timetable and he should follow. if weekday he is not at home, then weekend he teach. every week teach something. u help her revise what he taught can liao.
happy.gif
haha!
 
QQ: hb can teach all the mechanical stuff..and engineering stuff.. i think i can teach map reading to rae, actually we have been reading maps lately too.. hahaha.. its a good skill to pick up.

mist: ya i think both X looks like u a lot leh even though they do not look so alike between themselves. Maybe u and hb do look alike to a certain extend. Fu1 qi1 xiang4

QQ: i got no breakthrough in Pri/sec school etc, thats why studies so bad!.. hahahah
But hor, P1 and Pre-school really a lot of diff, now is all about play, when reach P1, wha its really hard studying!!

huignee: actually good that david is willing to take a over, sometimes, its good to change a teacher too. so does esther learn better when u teach or when david teach?
 
star,
No sure she learn better with who. Depends on her mood and our mood bah. If everyone's mood is good then she learn better bah.
 
HN, QQ, Star: I find anna has a longer attention span than ayden. Even for watching tv, he tends to walk about after a while. This morning I brought him to school. Stayed with him 5mins and I just left. He was crying when I left.
 
QQ,

hahaha... the software say 50% look like me for Xavier... haha

didn try for xander yet....

Star,

i got microwave oven. can also use to bake fish right? but i forgot all the ideal temp to bake/grill fish liao... hv to trial n error again.
 
Autum,

I'm not in school on fri. I'm only in RP on tue, wed and thurs. Any of these days you are there?

star, QQ,

I can foresee myself taking everything lar. I don't think Hb has the patience to teach his own daughter even though he is a teacher!!! The things I'm not so good in are maths and English grammer and pronunciation but hb is worse than me in maths. Maybe he can help in English but I guess after a while, YT will reject his 'help'.:p
 
star,
went to chen meri er clinic yesterday, so feeling much beta. no voice is due to the cold i caught last week's rain
sad.gif


QQ,
didnt realise Tian having fever for so many days. hope she didn catch anything fm k.
 
QQ,

Hmm, for me, my mom is quite harsh type. If spelling dun get 10/10, I will be scolded and sometimes even caned. I guess because i went to a good kindergarten and a bad primary school, the first few years were easy for me and I did well enough to be very motivated for studying. That's why sometimes I worry about sending YT to a good primary school (which my hb believed in). I went to a bad school and expectations were lower and I got into the best class and top 20 positions in the whole school so in a way, that makes me feel good enough to continue to study hard. Imagine if I'm in a good school but end up in the last twenty position? If YT gets into a good school, I think I may have more work to do motivating her.
 
star,

My kindy last time is hard studying wor. We even have workbooks. In fact, I learn so much that P1 is practically a repeat of what I have already learnt, especially Chinese. I also feel that YT's kindy is a lot of playing and activities but no hard studying type. In fact, they don't even believe in worksheets and all. But I must say that her spoken English have improved significantly, probably because she likes the English teacher more than the Chinese teacher, but still very singlish because she will use Chinese sentence structures rather than proper English.
 
QQ,

jus tried the look-alike software.. hey, the results is diff for xavier leh.

last time xavier look-alike is 50% for me and my hubby. Now, xaiver is 22% more alike w me!! and xander 8% more alike w me... hahaha
 
Typing from iPhone.
Huignee
leia is so similar as Esther. She can watch tv for very long but dun like to follow instructions.
I'm letting her try out ARt class, partly also bcos hoping can help to increase her attention span.

Mejo
I totally agree with u. I went to a pri school with not so good reputation and got into the top class. Top 3 for my first 3yrs then they combine top few in every class into a top class. I felt the stress in pri school, ended up trying hard to get into top 10. Turned out well and got into a good secondary school but ended up feeling discouraged cos no longer the top but the last class. Since then I lost the desire to study hard.
 
pinkpink,
Ya, I also think Leia is quite similar to Esther. Esther is more like those active little boys, attention is short. Hence she mix better with boys.
Haha, she told me she has 2 boyfriends. I asked her why 2, she said because both boys like her. Then she said but she can only marry one. She said she will marry Altrix and get the other boy to marry her best friend Julian.
 
Kaexin, no no no. tian had fever monday night (slight, a bit nia), then no more already. we tot can see chicken pox or HFMD symptoms cause got exposed ma. then still waiting. she is quite ok, except mood not very good yesterday.

mist, the software got BUG la. or the photo is not nicely taken.
happy.gif


tian has short attention span too. but if she is into art work, better bah. must see her mood one.

Star, i got a breakthrough since young cause it was very competitive for my family to strive. in kampung, that time my ah gong's grandchildren are always on the top one. my elder brother, elder cousins, all at the top de. so when it was my turn, i also got to be at the top mah. maybe kampung standard low, then easier to be at #1.
but hor, we have something like PSLE, so my mum said that kampung is so small, not meaningful to be at the top and not considered GOOD enough woh. I can be considered successful only if I can get all As in my so called PSLE (we call UPSR).
she just buy me past year papers and i just do one set a day. very sinnang one actually cause do liao can go play. i chop chop finish and go play EVERYDAY. i join basketball, tabletennis, red cross society, so happening and so happy in primary school. i cycled with frens into jungle, etc etc.
so eventually i did it. and my mum praised me a bit. and let me chose what school that i wanted to go.
my parents were very proud when me and my elder brother scored full As in the nation wide exams, cause that were the 1st 2 cases of our kampung in the history.

but so wat la,? it doesn't mean anything to us now. just the memory. haha!! and when we went to sec school, no more # 1 already cause many good students out there! haha!
i am not very smart type, i was just adjusted to fit into the exam mode everytime when there is an exam. haha!

next time we challenge each others in primary questions ok?
actually i ask my partime cleaner, she said her dotter in P1, no exam one. no homework de, quite sinnang. some schools are changing styles i think. anyone hear about it?
 
huignee
good to hear that!
btw arts pod is trying to arrange a trial class for leia and ashlyn this sunday. timing will be between 11am-2pm.
 
QQ,

Nephew in good school. No exams but a lot of tests. Almost like test every week that type. Quite a lot of homework and the homework is freaky difficult especially for maths... *sweat*
 
I went to pick up Ayden.. Tacher said he's better than yesterday lo. When I peeped into the class, he was relaxed, sitting down flipping a story book over and over. When I appear in front of him, he didn't drama drama or cry either.. Heheh..
happy.gif


Can feel he likes to go to school. He woke up early in the morning and kept looking at his school bag. And though his standard reply is "no" or "don wan" to every question, he kept quiet when I asked if he wants to go to school again. Plus he's so happy when he comes home. First thing he did? Went to open the fridge and asked for donut! This he learned from Anna.. First thing she does when she comes home is to ask for her "reward" too..

HN: Esther is so tian1 zhen1 to pass the other guy to her best friend.. Haha..
 
star,

Did Rae talk about her friends in school? Did you talk to her about them? Last time YT like a bit anti-social kind. Tell me she has no friends in school cuz they only snatch her toys. Recently she can finally tell me she has a friend and what's the friend's name. Long long ago teacher already told me that the friend, cheyanne, went home to tell her father that she has a friend in class called Ye Ting. So happy that YT can finally said the name of her friend and teacher. FINALLY, after more than 4 months in school.
 
Mejo: Anna tells me her friends and teachers in school. There is a very naughty boy in class who likes to snatch toys from her (and everyone else apprently according to the teacher). That day, he bit her finger. I think she must have cried BIG TIME. I could smell zambak on her finger when I picked her up. Then she told me what happened, then I asked the teacher what happened.

I dunno why he reminds me of the song
1,2,3,4,5
Once I caught a fish alive,
6,7,8,9,10,
Then I let it go again

Why did you let it go?
Cos it bit my finger so.
Which finger did it bite?
This little finger on my right.

I sang this song to anna when she told me the story and we both laughed in the car! Wahahahah.. We have since called that boy "a fish".
 
Bunnie, aaron kwok?? wahahah!!!!

Ayden is turning into a men very soon.
happy.gif


mejo, i dont understand why they need to have TESTS for the kids. tests and exams are the same to me actually.
 
wat's wrong with aaron kwok ... so handsome ... and I still can remember his g string waterfall scene in Storm Warriors *drool lustily*
 
Bunnie: Aaron kwok is too pretty and baby-face.. Reminds me of my bf at JC! There's absolutely zero an1 quan2 gan3 about this type of men. But of course, as an idol to be admired and drooled over from afar, he has all the qualities.

QQ: He's still a boy - a brave boy.
happy.gif
I asked him to choose a toy to bring along to school tomorrow, he picked a wheels on the bus toy and ran to the door to put on his shoes.. See, although he cries, he still enjoys going.. So brave..

Tests are a nicer word for exams. They're all necessary for the school to classify students into different grades.
 
Mejo, is this for real? How would one know the reason for a disinvite unless specifically told so? And who would give "sorry, but you are deaf" as a reason?
 
AAA,

aiyo, u gloating away huh? sometimes, the officer may not be the one who makes decision to retract the invitation.

belle,

yah loh.. bangkok situation is very bad hor...
 
Autum,

I think it is already in ST forum. It looks real to me. I mean, it is on an online Teacher Magazine in US wor. So 丢脸。


AAA,

I also think the poor officer is just a scapegoat messenger. Officer is just a lowly position. Must be someone higher up making the stupid decision or saying things like, "I don't care, you just solve this."
 
Huingee,
she must really like the disk
happy.gif

no prob

mist
e officer damn Suay. People in civil service would know

Pink
tos shorts r cute! Wh hawker ctr stall to get fr? I want but should get tem myself since I stay so near paisei to tompang
 
AAA,

The poor teacher even wrote back to MOE to specifically defend her disability so I'm sure, they must have cited that as a reason for her "disinvite". They so stupid lar, they think people will just keep quiet and won't make noise. You go and humilate a national award winner leh. She will meet the US president in whitehouse this year leh. Even if she kept mum about it, her colleagues will make noise. If I am her colleague, I will be indignant for her too! I will make noise for her too!

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/12/susan-elliott---a-sign-of-achievement/

She is very recognised and admired as a teacher.
 
SQ,
No lah, she didn't watch it. Keeping saying she haven't finish watching. After finish watching then can give away.
I waited for weeks, my sis keep saying her girl haven't watch it.
Kids are like this bah. For me i will secretly take away and they will not notice it at all.
Heehee, my kids things are disappearing like this. I don't ask them, sometimes if my fren come i take in front of them i will tell him before hand say u not playing so give to meimei or didi.
Last week Dylan saw i passed a big motorised train to my mum. He asked why Ah ma take his train. Haha, i just replied,' You not playing so i give Ah mah to keep.'
 
Lost track o e unwell kids...
Esther/Dylan?
Tian?
Reyden?
All ok Liao?

Joelle
did u send me a SMS regardg e spray? Cos I lost some contacts aft changing phone n nt sure if it's u dun dare
reply
happy.gif
 
SQ,

Yar, a few of us were speculating away. Would MOE make a statement and then sacrifice some poor scapegoat in the process or would they try to cover it up and hush hush everything.
 



Back
Top