(2007/01) Jan

hui
ikea sells quite a few types. you can get one from there, depending on ur budget.
happy.gif
i may get mine from there...

hi zenn,
thx for sharing the links! yar, like the other mommies, i am very impressed by the efforts u, sugar, n lawpei did. jia you!

wow, another place to consider going to tis sunday. hope #2 doesn't mind the crowd n sounds?

Dear mummies

I am also very impressed by Zenn, Sugarbean and Lawpei. Kanbate!!!

Fae,

I am interested in the photography. Please keep me in the loop. Thanks.

hi ginger n aqu,
this photo studio ppl fm kr. actually, my hb found on his korean forum. reviews quite ok, tat's y he wanted to take seo yeon's 100-day pics there.
and since got some promo, i tot of asking whether anyone interested or not.

not decided yet, but knowing my hb, he will not go beyond standard packages. interested?

Hihi,

am helping a fren urgently looking for a babysitter at Yishun area, preferably the nanny’s place nearby Blk 400+. Of cos, other yishun area is welcome too.

Prefer English or Mandarin speaking babysitter. Need the babysitter to commence on 1st week of Dec, Mon to Fri only. No overnight, my fren will bring her bb back every evening. Bb will start solid in Dec.

I will not follow this thread so pls pm me the details. Really appreciate! =)

good afternoon!

charmaine & hui, ya i bot mine fm ikea but sometimes got to b careful when they nv properly. u noe lah, they at this stage like to get up & down.

ya mayb we should just bring them to gymboree to play dan we go makan our own hor heee

fae, wats the standard package?

sherl
i really like the pics that were taken by tomoto photography. i rem seeing the pics you posted last time. was it exp? cause don't think my hubby believes in spending money on such things.. :p

zenn:
yeps! we can just arrange to let the kids come and play together at gymboree.. food can makan beforehand, etc. lah..
happy.gif

how much did u pay for ur table & chair set?
i'm wondering if the little tikes /step 2 table & chair set is exp. do you know?

Char, package itself normal price is around 300 plus if I'm not wrong, and that's wuithout return of images. Want images must pay another 200-300 more, depending on what time of images you want.

I was very lucky because I took up his opening promo, only $138 for the package, extra $200 for the images.

Now Tomato is running a promo at $138 for package also, but the photos are taken by his staff and not Hart himself. Can have a look in the business threads and see.
happy.gif

Pricing wise, compared to some other photo packages it's expensive, but I really liked his style of photography.
happy.gif

zenn,
me tinking of taking the Frame Package / Standard / Type A or C.
Type A - $288
Type C - $350
u can see details of the package at the website.
btw, can get soft copies of photos in CD.

if we can form a group of 4, my hb will try to bargain for better price. so far, seems ginger is most keen. if aqu n urself oso ok to take up, then i will start to negotiate.

sherl,
i oso liked the photos tat were taken by hart.
happy.gif
but tot i'd go for tis first cos i really like the korean-style photography. had a very nice package done up for en bi for her 1 year birthday in KR.

tables n chairs:
i bought 2 chairs + 1 foldable table from mishka & maven over the weekend (their closing down sale) for $45. very colourful but light. u might want to check out their site, am sure they still have stock. btw, no need to go down to the store, oredi moved from there.

en bi is sick after just 3 days at the CC. *sigh* will b 'wasting' 2 days tis wk. no need to send her back until she gets better. zenn was telling me to boost her immune system, which i totally forgot! argh! how to feed fish oil tat's so oily by teaspoon? my daughter simply cannot leh, she juz spit out... any tips?

sherl, urs really v good deal. i like his style too! let me know if he got promo for himself again.

charm, i cant remember how much but it's $100+/- not v cheap tho

farie:
wow! mishka and maven closed down? i work near mosque street (their original boutique). will call to find out about their table set. how much of a discount did you get?
happy.gif

the foldable table, is it flimsy? do you know if they've got lots of other stuff going at a steal?

reading that u guys are sourcing for toodler chairs and table already.

i bot the ikea ones. the stools and chairs. later i found out that togoyo @ Toa Payoh(i hope i spell correctly)sold similar Ikea design chairs (the one with backing) for half the price. may be you guys want to check out the place first b4 buying ikea.

i tot ikea ones looks more brigther and sturdy but my hub said it feels the same. the color choice is totally different ikea, design same.

i have started to pack Kaelyn's toys into boxes, and only give her one or two boxes per week. I found this plc got good value in buying storage boxes, better offer that carrefour.

If i don't put kaelyn's toys in a few boxes, i would found my place turn into pasar mala.

check it out.

zenn:
is your b/day today?

farie,
don't get dishearten, even kaelyn who is 18mth when she enrol to half day childcare didn't fare any better.

of the 1st 3mths, her attendance is like 2 days to school, 3 days sick. my entire medical claims are depleted for yr 2008. now got to claim from hub's company one.

now i am pulling her out of the CC bços i'm moving her back to my home b4 my 2nd due in mid Jan.

<font color="ff0000">XMAS PARTY @ GYMBOREE</font>

Mummies, how many of you are keen of having our own xmas party? Here is cost : $370+++ + $26 (for non member) for 10 kids. Additional kid is $15 each. The price is inclusive of 1.5hr using of the place, of which 1hr will be music &amp; games (with trainer). Spoken to Harbourfront branch, they will get back if 14 Dec is available as the rest of the wkends in dec r booked. We can do our own catering. Btw, anyone here is member?

<font color="aa00aa">Date : 14 Dec (tentatively)
Time : around 4.30-6pm (they will have classes earlier)
Venue : Gymboree</font>

1) estelle (zenn)
2) rachel (icy)
3) enbi (fae)

Gymboree themselves will be having xmas party on 20 Dec at $40 each kid. Content is similar but this will be inclusive of snacks for kids. Depending on response, if not many are keen, I would suggest whoever keen to join the 20 Dec?

good morning kc! i think its common that kids fall sick when go to sch or cc and that's what we worried most
sad.gif
so who is goin to take care of the 2? btw my bd is yest
happy.gif

fae,

For immunity I heard very good reviews about Lifestream Cordyceps and childlife colostrum, planning to start Claire on these two supplements after she fully recovers from her current bout of illness.

Fish oil hor, I'm also at my wits' end how to feed. I bought the Childlife one for her, taste better than Scott's Emulsion, but is soooo oily and the fish smell really strong. Wonder how. *shake head*

sherl
i just tried calling. but can't get through leh...

re. fish oil:
i've had a tough time with kienan as well. i give him nordic natural. he would scream and cry and spit it out of his mouth even after i stuff the spoon in.. haiz. so i gave up. let my MIL try instead. so what she does now is put a grape on the spoon where the fish oil is.. he knows the fish oil is there.. but he eats it cause the fishy-ness is neutralised by the sweetness of the grape.

seriously, i tasted the fish oil and even i hate it! my hubby said how can i force kienan to take something that i hate so much? hehe. oops.

hi mummies
its been a long time ...

Nice pics : The princesses are so beautiful ...

Zenn
Happy belated birthday :p

Re: table and chair
Personally, i find Ikea type kinda filmsy and light ... but colors are very nice
i am looking for a more sturdy and solid one
Can any mummy recommend?

Fae
can share pics of the table and chair that you bgt? Is it solid wood type?

Can any mummies recommend what type of slippers to buy for our little ones?
What brand and where to buy from?
Thanks in advance

yo everyone!!!

tables n chairs,
i got mine from I'm Toy during the last bb fair. its still available in taka if i not wrong. 3 chairs n a table is ard $149 or $129. all solid wood with animals design. u can view them in charlene's blog.

zenn,
happy belated BIRTHDAY !!!

sherl
i've just emailed them. will let you know once i hear from them.
happy.gif

zenn:
happie belated bd!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

poo power:
the more sturdy type of tables will be the little tikes or step 2 ones.. they will be more than $100 i think, for a table/chair set. i'm trying to see if there are any little tikes set going on sale 2nd hand..

as for slippers, i haven't let kienan wear slippers yet. he wears sandals... personally, i've bought the clarks sandals for him, and they are very very comfy and he walks very well in them. except that it's really quite exp.!

hi Milderina
Thanks. Will go Taka this weekend - its shopping time ... Xmas is coming :0

hi Charmaine
Alex also wearing clarks sandals but i tot a good slipper (if any) would be more appropriate for him to go playground ...

Do u tink its advisable for our little ones to wear slippers at this stage??

hey poo power:
haha.. so alex is also wearing clarks sandals. very comfy and good hor?
happy.gif

personally, i feel that kienan is too young to wear slippers (the flip flop type) cause not enough grip for them to hold on to the shoes. they have to use their big toe and 2nd toe to grip the slipper.. not sure if it's comfy for them to do so right now.. and i feel that tendency to trip with slippers are higher when they are still not that stable with running yet. but this is just my personal opinion lah.
happy.gif

charmaine,
little tikes seems very good tat time i saw. can try the next bb fair. seems like nowadays they got quite a number of littles tikes items during this fair.

thanks charm, mild, JJM &amp; poo power!!

I have received confirmation from Gymboree to confirm that 14 Dec is available. Would appreciate if you could indicate your interest whether keen or not to join cos if there are only few of us, we can just join their xmas party on 20 Dec.

Here are the cost : $370 + $26 (for non member) for 10 kids. Additional kid is $15 each less than 20kids (11-19kids) or $12 each if 20 n more (11-20 or more). The price is inclusive of 1.5hr using of the place, of which 1hr will be music &amp; games (with trainer). Each kid will get a coupon for free trial class. Btw, anyone here is member?

Date : 14 Dec
Time : around 4.30-6pm
Venue : Gymboree Harbour Front
Food : No burner &amp; hot drinks

1) estelle (zenn)
2) rachel (icy)
3) enbi (fae)
4) JJM?

Gymboree themselves will be having xmas party on 20 Dec at $40 each kid. Content is similar but this will be inclusive of snacks for kids. Depending on response, if not many are keen, I would suggest whoever keen to join the 20 Dec?

mild, ya i can understand. hopefully ur little one pop on 11 heee

I have received confirmation from Gymboree to confirm that 14 Dec is available. Would appreciate if you could indicate your interest whether keen or not to join cos if there are only few of us, we can just join their xmas party on 20 Dec.

Here are the cost : $370 + $26 (for non member) for 10 kids. Additional kid is $15 each less than 20kids (11-19kids) or $12 each if 20 n more (11-20 or more). The price is inclusive of 1.5hr using of the place, of which 1hr will be music &amp; games (with trainer). Each kid will get a coupon for free trial class. Btw, anyone here is member?

1) estelle (zenn)
2) rachel (icy)
3) enbi (fae)
4) kimi (sugarbean)
5) JJM?

XMAS PARTY @ GYMBOREE

1) Estelle (zenn)
2) Rachel (icy)
3) Enbi (fae)
4) Kimi (sugarbean)
5) Janelle (JJM)

XMAS PARTY @ GYMBOREE

1) Estelle (zenn)
2) Rachel (icy)
3) Enbi (fae)
4) Kimi (sugarbean)
5) Janelle (JJM)
6) Desiree (aquarius)

XMAS PARTY @ GYMBOREE

1) Estelle (zenn)
2) Rachel (icy)
3) Enbi (fae)
4) Kimi (sugarbean)
5) Janelle (JJM)
6) Desiree (aquarius)
7) Jayden (AletheaT)
8) Shannen (AletheaT)

<font color="0000ff">Actually, I'm not too sure what I'm putting the twins' names down for *hee* but it sounds interesting. It's just 1 session? So all the kids just play and sing/dance?</font>

thanks mymelody! u not joinin us at gymboree???

aqu, babe u not bring egan?

alethea, hahaa u win liao lor! we r thinking of organising a private party at gymboree for our little darlings. yes there will be games &amp; funs for 1hr, follows by light makan.

Here are the cost : $370 + $26 (for non member) for 10 kids. Additional kid is $15 each less than 20kids (11-19kids) or $12 each if 20 n more (11-20 or more). The price is inclusive of 1.5hr using of the place, of which 1hr will be music &amp; games (with trainer). Each kid will get a coupon for free trial class. Note above price is excluding makan. Btw, anyone here is member?

1) Estelle (zenn)
2) Rachel (icy)
3) Enbi (fae)
4) Kimi (sugarbean)
5) Janelle (JJM)
6) Desiree (aquarius)
7) Jayden (AletheaT)
8) Shannen (AletheaT)
9) Tong (mango)

Here are the cost : $370 + $26 (for non member) for 10 kids. Additional kid is $15 each less than 20kids (11-19kids) or $12 each if 20 n more (11-20 or more). The price is inclusive of 1.5hr using of the place, of which 1hr will be music &amp; games (with trainer). Each kid will get a coupon for free trial class. Note above price is excluding makan. Btw, anyone here is member?

1) Estelle (zenn)
2) Rachel (icy)
3) Enbi (fae)
4) Kimi (sugarbean)
5) Janelle (JJM)
6) Desiree (aquarius)
7) Jayden (AletheaT)
8) Shannen (AletheaT)
9) Tristan (mango)

thanks aqu! bring egan along lah! if not he will be so sad kekeke afterall its our own group mah. where is mymelody??? ask her to bring her boy dan urs got playmate
happy.gif

kc,
attendance seems to be so 'regular' for their age hor? there's so much problems, separation anxiety, high frequency of sickness... wonder why i bother sending her to CC. take for e.g. they're learning the alphabet, i tink enbi can oni learn a,b, f, g.. wat a waste of money &amp; time!

but why u bringing her back home when u're having no. 2? isn't it gonna be tough to look after a toddler n an infant?

sherl,
yar, i saw a lot of mommies ordering the lifestream cordyceps n was so tempted to buy the last time, but was worried abt the price. i tink when the BP is on again, i shld juz go ahead n buy. thing is, i worry again abt how to feed.

same as charmaine, i'm feeding (or trying to feed) enbi wif Nordic Naturals fish oil. it's oso very fishy despite it's 'strawberry flavour'. i tink zenn's estelle is the best, so guai, juz eat like tat leh. but for a start, i will try charmaine's MIL's method.

charmaine,
yes, m&amp;m closed down. did u manage to call the lady boss? btw, she's having 50% discount for her painted items (tat includes the table/chair set) and 20-30% for the rest of the furniture she selling. there's those mini sofas/armchairs for children selling at $100 for a single seater (with drawer).

charmaine, poopower,
enbi oso has a pair of clarks. bought it during the isetan sale. i like their design n not tat heavy, plus looked comfortable, so decided to fork out a little more for tat pair of sandals.

i actually share the same view as charmaine on children wearing slippers but i bought a pair of flipflops fm childrens place for enbi cos there's a rubber strap behind, which means tat they dun need to grip that hard with their 2 little toes in front.

re: tables &amp; chairs
poopower, sollie ah, me bz wif looking after enbi, no have time to take pic of the tables &amp; chairs yet. but if u know the quality of i'm toy, then i can tell you tat tat set i got fm m&amp;m's is not as sturdy, esp the table.
myself, i wld go for a little tikes set 2nd hand since i need 2 sets of tables &amp; chairs (1 for home, 1 for granny's).

XMAS PARTY @ GYMBOREE

1) Estelle (zenn)
2) Rachel (icy)
3) Enbi (fae)
4) Kimi (sugarbean)
5) Janelle (JJM)
6) Desiree (aquarius)
7) Jayden (AletheaT)
8) Shannen (AletheaT)