2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

hi
i just gave birth to a pair of twins... can i check with you all how to take care of them... meaning are most of you SAHM? I'm going to work soon and only left my mil to take care of them..

I have a few questions and hope u all can help me...

1. To engage a nanny or maid?
2. My DH is always working late.. so my mil suggest to leave one baby at her place and i bring home another..is there anyone who managed to take care of both babies at the same time?

I'm really at a loss now...

bb08,
congrats!!
happy.gif

I'm a working mum too and I have a maid to take care of my twins. But my working hours are flexible so I'm usually home to help out.
Maybe you would want to get a maid. Your MIL's staying at your place or she goes home every night?

Hi hi girls, long time no post! How's everyone?
happy.gif

At 18 months, my daughter's about 82cm, whilst my son is only about 78cm. Gosh! Hope he will eventually catch up and surpass his MeiMei in terms of height and weight. Shannen's about 9.8kg and Jayden's 9.5kg thereabouts tho' he eats almost anything and everything. Dunno what else I can do to bulk them up.

Ava, when the twins were in the tummy, the movements were still pretty vigorous up to the 36th week, but it was my daughter who was very active, cos my son was squashed into a side corner by her. Hence, it was a constant worry as I could only feel one twin moving then. But yes, there's increasingly a space crunch as the babies grow in your tummy, so movements are kinda restricted. Your twins are both girls? Identical? If I'm not wrong, you've a son now? How old is he? It's so delightful to have a pair of twins girls!
happy.gif
Mine's a Prince this time round but during my recent 3D scan at 29 weeks, we stil couldnt really make out his features, who he resembles. Hope that he will be more fleshed out on the screen during the growth scan at my 33rd week for us to have a good look!
happy.gif

Lyricist, where else did you recce for childcare? I was initially thinking of putting them at TalentPLus, this ptely-run playgroup )2hrs) which can be found in some CCs. But I'm now re-thinking my options cos with my #3 along the way (late Sep), I think it's better for my kiddos to enrol in hald-day childcare so that my maid and dad at least have the AM slot to devote their time to the baby. There'a nearby YMCA (or is it YWCA) childcare but I'm not sure if it's any good. ANyone has any exp with that? Was thinking of sitting through one of the sessions during my maternity leave to gauge. HOw about Twinkle Montessori (hope I got the sp right)? Anyone knows the charges and is it good? There are many others around my Katong area but I don't wish for them to even have to take a short bus ride, not to mention that the fees are exorbitant.

Fri was a hectic day on which I finally did the 'deed'. Yes, I finally sent my maid away! Hurray!!!! Was deliberating a long time and after I selected a replacement maid, in the span of 1 week, I got the agent to arrange for her airfare (was initially thinking of transferring her cos she stil has 4 months left b4 her 2-yr contract's up but her old agent didn't want such a problematic maid back and moreovor, I was afarid that before she gets herself a new employer while still in singapore, she may run away with her bf which will spell big trouble for us, since legally, she's still our responsibility) and work permit cancellation plus new maid's papers all done up. Surprisngly, on Fri morning, when the agent came to inform her (she was feeding my kiddos breakfast) to pack up, she was kinda calm and did as she was told w/o asking any questions (maybe her ex-employer also did that to her or maybe she saw it coming *shrug*). Before leaving, we gave her her full month's salary (tho it shd have been pro-rated), as well as an ang pow of 1 month's pay. And oh, I even gave her some packs of chocolates and candies bought from the States to give to her daughters back home. I mean, well, tho' she was such a disappointment, we'd felt bad curtailing her prospects here when she could have earned another 4 months' of pay before returning home. While my hubby was sending her off, as a gesture of goodwill, he passed her his HP no. saying that he could offer a testimonial to her next employer, and that she should just head back home to celebrate hari raya pusa with her family before returning to SG to work at the end of the year. But guess what?! She said, oh no, she's not keen to celebrate back in Jakarta, but is looking forward to coming back to SG in 2 weeks' time, which she already told her sis (huh? didn't know she had sufficient time to text her sis abt. her send-off). SHe said she will spend some time back here before heading off to HK or TWN where the $'s better!! Reckon that she can't wait to fly back here to meet her bf, more likely! Hmph! Now, I feel kinda silly being guilt-stricken for the past week and giving her the ang pow. Sounds petty of me, but I really think that she's very hard-hearted, not missing her daughters, but just wanting to have fun. What also shocked me was that as she left our place, she didn't even ask to hug the kids or cry when she said bye to them. And all along we were imagining the scenario of her tearing uncontrollably with the kids, esp. my boy, since she usually sayang him so much. Perhaps she was putting up an act all this while....Anywayz, my priority now is to get the new maid up to speed asap, and also think of a way to divert the calls from my home, cos the agent did warn us that a good proportion of the maids who are booted off unceremoniously, tend to call back to talk to the new maids....Sigh, what a saga!

J&SMum
Wah, what a story man! Thot ur maid would have more "heart"...

havent seen u in the other thread for a while...another gathering (probably the last one before the gals there start popping) is this sat...!

I think one twin is slightly behind the other hence feel less movements...still can't help worrying ..and my gynae visit is on thur cos he's out of town...feel like just going to TMC today and get monitored for peace of mind...

Yup, identical girls, my son is 4 already and starting to act up a bit...tantrums again, when we'd thought they'd stopped already...sigh, guess we'll have to see how he takes to the twins' arrival soon enuf...dont feel prepared at all this time round! even tho we have more help at home.

bb08,

Congrats! I'm a temp SAHM, on unpaid leave currently. Have a maid to help in housework and taking care of the babies. "Lyricist" does it all alone! I salute her, you should ask her for advice:)

J&Smum,
You finally did it! Seems like she had it all planned. How is your boy reacting to her gone?

Morning mummies...

J&Smum- bravo!!! So hws the new helper coming along? Any reactn frm your kids tht the previous help is gone?

Lyricist- will catch up wif you nxt week.. very sorry.........

bb08- congrats!!! Me SAHM wif a helper... Did it alone initially for 7 mths before getting a helper.. It was easier when they were infants... Hehehehehe...

Ava- good luck!!!

hi
thanks for the replies...

we have already decided to get a nanny instead...feel so sad and cannot bear to leave my daughters... wanted to be a SAHM too but i still got contract to finish...

lyricist
me salute you too... my mil dun even dare to let me bring home one baby... she wanted us to stay at her house till the baby is bigger...

irin
my whole family (DH, me and twins) are staying over at my mil's place... as i had C-sect, the wound has not completely heal yet so she still need to take care of me... so paisei... but my mil very good, wanted to give her $500 but she only accept $300..

Fi
i'm really curious how to do it alone? even with my mil, we just marginally able to cope.... like bathing need to do it twice..and feeding how? And worse, both cry at the same time... really cannot imagine..

Thanks for all your suggestions and replies. I decided to go for CTG to double check on the gals and they're both fine. just moved around a bit so i wasnt able to feel kicks where i usually could. both are between 1.5-1.6 kg at 30weeks 2 days...so growing well too!!

hi!

I'm new to this forum and would like to join all of you. I am currently pregnant with triplets and about 2 weeks shy of completing my 1st trimester. I am doing ok, not much morning sickness except for poor appetite and all.

Any mummies here with triplets? Please share your experiences with me. I am excited but at the same time, do have my reservations about my pregnancy. Btw, all 3 babies are doing fine and growing well.

Do share ya! Thanks!

Any moms who successfully exclusively breastfed their twins for at least a few months? any tips and are those horseshoe shaped cushions useful?

MissHae,

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! If there isn't much morning sickness then good for you.

I have a set of GBB triplets; and I remembered I had awful morning sickness till 16wks. My babies are 4.5months now. They were "taken out" at 34weeks,6days as 1 baby not growing as well as the other 2. My pregnancy was uneventful- the thing I hated most about my pregnancy were the progesterone injections during the first trimester to support my pregnancy as I conceive thru ICSI. Otherwise I love the whole experience! Esp the part when they started kicking... it's precious, precious, precious.

Ppl will advise you to take things easy and don't carry anything heavy, etc. Being pregnant with triplets doesn't mean you have to slow down X3. Just be careful, do not be stressed, and talk, talk, talk to them. :eek:))))

Guess which one isn't mine? (No prize for right answer, hehee..)

1568107.jpg

hi lefty!

thanks so much for sharing the photos! i don't know which one is not yours but i just guess lah ok? is it the girl? haha! how many months are they? they are so adorable!

i also conceived via IVF and it's my 2nd attempt. i'm also going for weekly jabs and am duphaston & folic acid pills thrice a day.

as nervous as i am, i am very thankful to have triplets. maybe you can email me at [email protected] so i can get to know you better? i have yet to know anyone who has triplets except for you.

i'm terribly excited but at the same time, rather nervous when i hear some ladies pregnant with multiples giving birth way earlier and losing them. i would like to try and tahan all the way, or if i can, 36wks and beyond or more!

patty,
hi! are your twins identical? they are so cute and chubby!

patty, ur gal gals pretty. got so much hair...

look at mine! no hair!!! n i haven't even shave their hair at all!

Just turned 6months yesterday:
1569835.jpg
1569836.jpg
1569837.jpg
1569838.jpg

Ava, A+CMum, Fi, the new maid's alright, but it's still early days, so reserving my comments still. But at least, the ground rules are laid and the daily schedule has been shared for her to adhere to. ANd I've always believed that it's harder to teach old dogs new tricks, like in the past, cos' ground rules were not laid properly, as time passed, I found myself hard-put to tell my old maid off on certain issues, cos' sometimes her face can go black. For the new maid, I have been strict at the onset, and will continue to be stern and reinforce my rules, till she earns my trust, and that's when some flexibility can be exercised. Anywayz, I find that my boy is closer to me now, which is jolly good. As for my girl, sigh, whoever carries her, she will like. And this new one always gives in to her demands, and carry her, which gets my goat. Anywayz, I've been remindng her not to do that. If I still catch her doing so, I will tell her off, sternly.

Dawn, Patty and Lefty, thanks for all the cutie pictures!
happy.gif
I really miss my twins' baby days. Now, they're 18 months old, and tho' at each stage, they're still as fun & delightful if not more so, I find myself going through their monthly baby pics regularly with a touch of nostalgia. It's such a blessing to have multiples tho' for some, the process in conceiving and carrying them in the womb past 36 weeks is certainly not easy.

J&S at the ECP taking in the aerial formation during the NDP rehearsal but the noise proved too much for their delicate ears
happy.gif

1571246.jpg

1571247.jpg

Hi,

wah so many cute pics
happy.gif

Patty, you gals are really identical! so cute! Good to hear from you again, if I remember correctly your gals are just a few days younger than mine. Mine were borned on 15 oct last year.

dawn, don't worry, the hair will grow soon. My gals also very botak. When we go out, some people thought that they are boys... even when i dressed them up in pink!!! Hope their hair will be long enough for me to clip on their first birthday...

hi all,
accidentally came upon this thread. Mind if i join?
i have a set of twin gals, reaching the 1 yr old mark in another 2 weeks time. been super busy & going crazy for the pass 1 yr. SAHM together with the help of my mum.
really must salute to those taking care of twins singlehanded. how u all do it. anyone having twins similar to my gals age?

hi twinkle2,

welcome
happy.gif

My gals are turning 1 year old in oct. I'm also a SAHM. It's definitely not easy handling twins, so do give yourself a pat on your back
happy.gif

How do you intend to celebrate their 1st birthday?

Hi <font color="0000ff">mommies</font>
So many cute pix of your bundle of joy here! Looks like everyone's having a good time? Hee...

<font color="0000ff">twinkle2</font>
Welcome!
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">lyricist</font>
Decided on the "fate" of your kiddos yet? Are you going to switch them to a new PG or ???

<font color="0000ff">J&amp;SMum</font>
Glad you finally settled the maid issue. Hooray! How's baby #03 doing? Feeling all excited about his arrival?

<font color="0000ff">Fi</font>, <font color="0000ff">mooch</font>, <font color="0000ff">Irin</font> and <font color="0000ff">twinsmom</font>
Where thou art found??? Everyone busy with their walking &amp; running tots now, I guess... Or busy planning for baby #03??? Kekeke...

j&amp;smum
re. finding a good preschool, i think the best thing to do is to visit a few to recce first, then shortlist 2-3 you really like and arrange for trials with yr kids. direct experience with how yr kids react to the environment and the playgrp teacher(s) and vice versa, will probably give you the most accurate pic of the place. you'll also hv to take into consideration yr own pedagogical preferences, e.g. how impt is chinese lang teaching/interaction to you, do you believe in montessori teaching, etc etc. sometimes what looks impressive on the outset may be quite different when you actually experience it.

fi
no worries, take your time.
happy.gif
how's danial? has he recovered?

dorayaki
erm, not really leh. still trying to decide btw the current sch and one of the montessoris. waiting for the latter's new chinese playgrp teacher to join them in end august before we arrange for another trial. meanwhile extending my twins stay at current sch. thing is, i think they're starting to settle into their current presch and getting used to their teachers. i kinda dread removing them from this familiar environment to another new one and they hv to readjust all over again. really headache right now...
sad.gif

btw, understand you're going back to school. am really delighted to heart that - you hv my fullest support!
happy.gif
what are you going to study?

<font color="0000ff">Irin</font>
No, no, no, no, no... There won't be a #03. I'm so looking forward to getting my life back next year, so we will not (touch wood!!!) have another kid. Kekeke... My sister is now on medication for post natal blues. Wow, its scary man! Makes you think twice about having another kid too. I mean, the problem is not the kid. Its all that changes in our body. The raging hormones, chemical imbalance in the brain and stuff like that. Guess it runs in the family, so better not take chances. :p

hi dorayaki, me here too
happy.gif

sorry been busy all the time, with work and kids, and household.. me running solo most days, hubby only back weekends, sometimes not even. so i run the household, the kids, and work at the same time.

and i think at this age, they go thru so many diff things each week it keeps keeping me busy! they are cruising now, and i have to constantly keep an eye on them. wonder why they not walking yet tho..

but yep! me still ard, and do read these posts! jus hardly have time to reply!

take care all! thanks for remembering me! and welcome to those new mommies here! having multiples is not easy, but definitely a blessing!
happy.gif

dorayaki,
wow, your reaction's so strong. :p ok, ok, no #3. hehe. Ya, think it's not easy to deal with all the changes plus the 2 toddlers. Hey, are we going to meet up again? Seems like hvn't not arrange for something for quite some time.

wa, all the twins mummies busy busy!! me too, juggling taking care of them and work!! my twins,Alonzo and Alena just turned 8 months and have started to stand up already although still very wobbly... keke... really fun to play with but tiring too... as they grow older, i seem to have less and less time for myself!

poor alonzo is having a bad cough and alena just got infected too! i've bought alonzo to see 2 GPs and they gave very different diagnosis! the first one says that its upper resp tract infection while the 2nd doc says its due to teething and there's no cause for worry. he says he'll be all right once the teeth cuts out. however, he was coughing quite badly last night that he vomited. any similar experiences to share? i am considering to bring them to a paed tomorrow if he doesn't gets better.

i am staying at bukit batok. anyone knows of a good paed at west side?

dodo
there's a pd clinic at bt batok central, think it's called kidslink. i've seen her once but i find her so-so only. i usu just go to the gp at bt batok east, which is nearer my place.

Hi All,

I have only posted once or twice when I was pregnant but have been reading the posts in this thread regularly. My twins are 9 months old already and both of them wants to be carried all the time, which makes all the care-givers very tired. They also take very, very short naps.

I salute all who take care of their twins/triplets by themselves. I have like 6 adults caring for the twins and a 4-year old and I'm tired like anything by the end of the day.

Cheers to all

Hi longxia,

our twins are abt the same age. I'm also experiencing difficulties in caring for them.

They seem to whine a lot these days, and also always want to be carried. But only by caregivers. Yesterday we were at my grandaunt birthday celebration at a restaurant. They only wanted to me carried my myself and hubby. They cry whenever being carried by strangers. They also refuse to sit in the highchairs despite given toys. So in the end, hubby and i have to leave halfway thru the dinner
sad.gif
. sianz....

How to cope with such situations?

Oh, by the way, what do you all do to keep the babies occupied at this age? I bought a few sets of flashcards. But they don't seem interested leh... Makes me lose interest as well.

Hi Ah Da,

Yup facing the same problem too. Don't like to be carried by "strangers". They will keep staring at them which is quite funny to us. When we go out for makan, we normally we take turns to carry them/eat. Well come to think of it, we do the same thing when we are at home too........

For toys, actually I also don't know as they will put whatever things they get their hands on into their mouth (teething now) so I just give them those rubber teethers to bite on. Musical toys / toys that have sound when you shake them seem to get their attention too.

<font color="0000ff">Irin</font>
My reaction is not strong lah. I just sounded very "determined". Kekeke... Oh, saw your question on my blog. Please go ahead and link. Can share your blog URL as well? I think apart from the forum, reading each other's blog is another great way to catch up on the happenings in our lives.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Ah Da</font> and <font color="0000ff">Longxia</font>
I tried to recall how my gals were like when they were 9 months old. Had to refer to their photo albums to refresh my memory! hahaha... Pea brain liao!!! Well, since they were both sitting and crawling around quite well at that time, I think they spent most of their time exploring the house. But there were pictures of them in their playpen as well as exersaucers too, so I think I rented toys for them during those days. Quite fun to have different toys to play with every month.
happy.gif
If I remember correctly, babies become very aware of unfamiliar faces and environment at this stage, so they tend to be clingy to caregivers. Its a passing phase, so just bear with it, ya? It becomes less tiring (physically) the moment they start to walk and demand their independence. Hee...

hi mummies,

long time no log in... super busy with work.... babies' 1st birthday bash is finally over..... i agree... i will not do this again... if i have a choice.... its just too stressful organising a party like this..... i actually had butterflies in my stomach in the afternoon, just b4 the party starts.... but once it started i just relaxed and enjoyed. its quite fun actually. hehehe.

if you have some time, please vote for us....
http://www.mumcentre.com/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&amp;catid=1838&amp;page=vote&amp;picid=9287

ah da, long xia.... my babies had that problem around 9 mths too... it lasted till recently... they just turned 1 a few weeks back. now they are better with stranger... they love watching older kids play now. and keep jumping in our arms or strollers... think they can't wait to be able to walk and run around like the gor gor jie jie.

my kids are now cruising and the elder 2 are walking a few steps on their own now.

<font color="0000ff">dodo</font>
How are your kids now? Getting better?

G&amp;C had similar symptoms lately. We had a terrible scare one night. Both the girls were down with cold/cough. Then Chloe started having very severe palpitation one afternoon. Though she looked like she was OK (can play and laugh, you know what I mean?), I sensed something's not right when I watched her heart beating really fast while she took her nap. I took chances and monitor her again till the same night when she was put to bed. Her heart was beating so fast, it actually felt like a horse racing! I took her pulse rate and it was 161/min!!! So I just grabbed her and ran to the nearest GP. It was a locum doctor that night and he's hopeless! He wanted to perform an ECG on her, BUT he doesn't have the equipment for kids AND he is not prepared to sedate her! So there you go. Here's a "stupid" mother trying her best to make her toddler (who is wide awake by then) lie down and be VERY, VERY STILL. And there's the "ridiculous" locum doctor who's leaning on the wall nearby, with his arms folded and starring at the mother, and repeatedly chant "I need her to be very, very still"...

Well, you guessed it. His attempt was unsuccessfully. When my husband arrived at the clinic and saw the doctor's "black face" and terrible attitude, he said forget it. So what did our dear locum doctor do after that? He asked me to go home and monitor her, and then prescribed Nurofen (for high fever) which Chloe didn't need! Arrgghhhh...

Anyway, I brought my girl to her usual doctor the following morning. Her doctor had a good laugh when I told him about our visit to the locum doctor the night before. You know what he said? "Throughout my years of medical practice, I have never met any doctor who'd do an ECG on a toddler without sedating her. Why? Because it is simply impossible to do so! This is the funniest joke I've heard in the longest time."

Sigh... Anyway, it turned out Chloe reacted quite badly to Salbutamol which I gave her to open up her airways. Plus her lungs were pretty congested, so she had to go on antibiotics to avoid onset of lung infection. End of story.

Sorry for the long posting. I'd get carried away whenever I'm reminded of that locum doctor!

Mummies,

Re:Sleep thru the night
My triplets still wake up twice in the night for milk feeds. Pacifier will not do, must drink milk. I tried giving them more feeds in the day with hope that at night they'll be less hungry, but they will play-a-fool, reject,or worst still throw up the feed if given to them not hungry. How ah?

Also at night when 1 baby cry for milk I will make 3 bottles and feed them one after another, even tho the other baby may still be sound asleep. I tried giving only to the crying one, but in the end I have to wake up every hour to feed someone.

So is sleeping thru the night trainable? Or will the babies Eventually sleep thru on their own? By which month? (btw my almost 5 months-old babies sleep together on the floor, my house no space for individual room or individual cots)

ah da
haha, yr twins are exactly like mine in a restaurant. hub &amp; i can never hv our meal in peace. not sure if this'll help, but now to distract them, i bring a toy that i keep only when we go out (eg. portable magnadoodle) as well as bite-sized snacks (animal crackers, etc) to keep them occupied. but even then, it'll only buy us some time. if we go out with family, we usu let our family members (usu the grandparents) feed one baby while we feed the other one. this way at least we'd be able to get to eat something.

re. flashcards, i only started on them with my two recently. yup, very short attention span and will try to escape or grab the cards from me after a while. i realised i can sustain their attention better when i flash the cards fast and loud. when the picture keeps changing and i name them very clearly, i find i can keep attention much better this way. but once you hit their attention limit, put the cards away and try again another time.

mesh
sorry, stupid question but your pic is the one with three babies in white in the ikea highchairs?

dorayaki
argh, incompetent doctors! last thing we need when we've got a sick baby. *shudder*

lefty
hv you tried giving them more milk each feed rather than more feeds in the day? will they accept some water at night? you can keep a bottle of water by your bedside and give it to whoever wakes up. understand that it must be really tiring for you to wake up each time for a different baby, but by continuing to feed a sleeping baby milk even when he/she did not ask for it may be encouraging the night feeds habit. try stretching the time btw the last and first feeds.

i also hv a bit of problem remembering what it was like for me when they were that age, but i do rem that sleeping thru the night is trainable. you just hv to persist and be consistent. i think as they get older they'll eventually learnt to sleep thru on their own, but you need to give it some time and tough it out meanwhile. hv you tried reading sleep training books? there's one called the no-cry sleep solution by elizabeth pantley. actually her type of suggestions can easily be found online at babycenter.com, other parenting websites, e.g. darkened room, soothing rituals, etc.

dorayaki,
thanks for asking, I hardly get time to pop in here, my two are keeping me busy busy and busy all day long. I have been hunting for preschool for them! Are your girls in cc now?

dorayaki, lyricist,
i brought them to a pd at jurong east st 21, called anne's baby and child clinic, recommended by another friend. they were both prescribed with cough mixture and antibiotics... pd says must take antibiotics to clear the phelgm and she said that its an infection. ai yo, alonzo got it worse than alena and i very heart pain everytime i hear him cough... *sob sob*

after taking the meds, both poo poo quite frequently, although in small amounts... pd says it expected and the poo poo is to discharge the phlegm la... still monitoring them closely... its really stressful on the parents and caregivers when both are sick! and now, even my hubby and i are sick!! both kenna sore throat and cough too!

Ah Da,
regarding flash cards, i just started my twins on it abt a couple of weeks ago... so far, it seems more effective when i do it with them one at a time cos it's more difficult to catch the attention of both of them at the same time. it also does not help that they are more mobile now, wanting to snatch the cards sometimes when they are excited by some of the pictures, haha.... i'll put one on my lap and go through the cards with her/him. try to be more animated in your speech to keep their interest up! ;P normally, i can go through one set at a go. if they appear disinterested, i'll stop for a while and try again later if there's a chance.

oh,

Dorayaki, same same here. Both my boys are down. I calculated, I've spent over $500 this month on their medical bills plus mine. Elder one was neubulised at clinic. Both havign on- off fever now. PD said lookout for symptoms, may spread to the younger one who is already having ear infection. Strangely, their fever always come in the middle of the nite. For at 2-3 hrs in the middle of the nite, both will wake up, cry, look for each other (separated for now) and ask to watch barney. I have been reporting late at work for last two weeks. Have to compensate hours after knockoff time, no choice. Thankfully, bosses are understanding. Hope this phase will pass very quickly. Only mummies with multiples will understand what we are going thru really. Hope G&amp;C are okay already.. HAIZ.. we poor mummies.. hahaha. I am seriously thinking of withdrawing them from cc already..

dorayaki,

Hope G&amp;C are better now? My house very messy now as we'll be shifting in a couple of months. So the gals doesn't have much freedom to roam around the house. just set up a small corner for them to crawl about.

lyricist,
My kids now like to drop things onto the floor. and they'll put everything they can get hold of into their mouth! (I hope this is just a phase man....) so sometimes i hesitate giving them toys to play with when they are outside in case it drops onto the floor. Now i feel that being able to eat in peace is a luxury.

re:flash cards
Haha... maybe i'm too slow... old already mah... will practise harder.

lefthander77,
I think you're doing an amazing job by looking after all 3 of them at night. Try giving them more milk for the last feed. Then slowly extend the hours for the night feed.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">best twins</font>
All the best to your preschool hunt. My girls are still "idling" at home. I'm sending them to full day playgroup in Dec'08 or Jan'09.

<font color="0000ff">JovialGer</font>
Too bad I stay in the north. Else we can place order together. But it doesn't take long to comsume 12 tins for twins, so you may want to consider ordering 12 tins for your kids. I've been ordering from Annie all this while and each time I'll order 12 tins at one go. Hassle free since its delivery to door step.
happy.gif

But the recent price increase is a bit too much, don't you think so? My HB nearly fainted when I told him the retail price for Enfagrow A+ 1.8kg has exceeded the $50 mark per tin. The recommended retail price is $51.60 to be exact. Sigh...

<font color="0000ff">Jlyn</font> and <font color="0000ff">Ah Da</font>
Thanks! Both G&amp;C have fully recoverd. We managed to settle them back to their usual routine yesterday. Hopefully they'll stay this way till the weekend, so we could all get our lives back. Kekeke...

<font color="0000ff">Jlyn</font>
Wow! $500+ on medical bills can buy 10 tins of Enfagrow A+!!! Kekeke... Yah, medical bills can really burn a big hole in our pockets. But I think its the sleep deprivation and constant worry if the kids are OK that's the main killer. Thank God you have an understanding boss.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Ah Da</font>
Before we had a chance to meet, you're moving away from the north??? What a pity...

Hi Faith

You mean Annie has this "promo" price all along? Is she like an agent or something? My kids will take less than 2 wks to finish a tin, so abt 2+ tins per month ... how about yours?

Hi <font color="0000ff">JovialGer</font>
Yes, she is an authorised distributor. But she carries very limited brands of FM. You may wish ot refer to www.goodbargains.com.sg for more info. That's her official website.
happy.gif
She has been very active in SMH forum for a long time. I've been ordering from her becos I needed the convenience of the door delivery. Kekeke...

My gals normally finish a tin in a week or 8-9 days max. So it makes sense for us to order in bulk. Also keeps my HB happy cos in the initial months, he had to lug back the FM or rush to buy last minute when I forgot to buy. Kekeke... And those days, we were only buying 900g tins. Can't imagine him rushing to buy the 1.8kg tins now. hahaha...

Back