2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

Hi okeanosmao, I am my wits' end re. my maid. I hate it that my son's so sticky with her. I totally resent her presence. Some more, the recent off-day she had 2 SUndays ago, she came back 1 whole hour late. Bet she had gone out with her bf again (the previous off-day ebfore that, she had checked into hotel with him *eeks*). Her perfume was very strong.

The agency did recommend me a maid with 6 yrs of exp, but at $400, the price was too high. We're looking at one with exp. but at ard $350. Still waiting but chasing the agency every week to expedite (but must also make sure we wait for the right one, else very headache to train then change maid again). Recently, my maid ruined my maternity skirt recently bot from Spring MAternity (black blotches, colour overrun from other clothing) and she kept quiet abt. I took it out on Mon night hoping to wear it the next morn and discovered the black patches. She was so quick with an excuse (and to think that she had kept quiet abt it all this while), saying that when hung out to dry with the other clothes, the wind blew a black pc of clothing over it, thus the stains. #$%!! I was so mad, that I was quite harsh with her, asked her, 'M'am only wore it twice and you've spoilt it, so how? U wanna pay me $49.90?' She looked sheepish, looked down and said nothing. But not one word of sorry. I told her to try her darnest to remove the stains with the stain remover. ANd guess what greeted me when I came back from office today? SHe told me that the skirt was blown off while she hung out to dry this afternoon, and it disappeared from view!!!! #$%!@

Do you girls think I should dock her pay? This is not the first time she has ruined my stuff but I've been tolerating, plus all her indiscretions. I am sooo.... mad, but feel that I'm being emotionally blackmailed, cos' if I were to mete out any punishments (which I've not done so for the past 1.5 yrs she's been with me), I'm afraid that she may vent her frustrations on my kids or in the food she serves us. Or she could just go on strike, and my dad who comes over to help will be totally helpless w/o her. I hate it, it's like she's got a hold over us, and she knows she's indispensable, so she gets away with lots of stuff (like threatening us previously, ' if no off day, she will ask for transfer, keeping of handphone, etc) SIGH!!!!

Sorry for the ramble....I'm just so tired with such maid issues. I wish I didn't have to depend on a maid. SIGH!

Arielyn,

Reading your post makes me go ARGH!!! How convenient of THAT particular skirt flew off yah?

About cutting her salary - probably warn her first? That that skirt was her last chance. Should anything get ruined or conveniently disappear you're gonna cut her pay. I dunno..

I've had my maid for about 3 weeks now and am quite happy with her. She has initiaitve and is efficient and looked troubled if she has nothing to do. I hope the enthusiasm would last for at least a year... Although petite she can put out the pole to dry bedsheets, etc. and she eats very little. She'll ask if she did not understand my instructions, and she'll apologise for simplest inconvenience. Just that she has no confidence to be left alone with my triplets, hehe. Like I said, I hope the enthusiasm would last...

Can I ask mummies here -
when going out, how many set of bottles do you bring? Do you bring extra bottles or just one set and rinse should you need to use it again? I am still trying to fine-tune my bottlefeeding process.

What I did was make and pack 2 sets of feeds and should the baby not finish I continue with the balance then proceed to 2nd set. It could be 6 hours by then. Although so far no stomach upset I was told it is not safe. So now I bring thermos and powder. But when I had to feed them 2nd timeround, am having issues with rinsing. Not all places have feeding room and rinsing bottles in toilet is yucky. Even hotel toilet!

Then there is Playtex Drop-Ins that has disposible bottle liners I saw at Amazon.com. I thought it would be great- no rinsing, but what about the teat? Do I have to bring extra teats if I do not wish to rinse? If need to rinse the teat, might as well rinse the bottle and then no need to get the disposible liners right?

I hate carrying soooo many things in my bag lah!

Any suggestions, solutions, recommendations appreciated.

<font color="0000ff">Alethea</font>
Hmmm... Maid issues definitely drives ppl crazy. You're going to deliver in Sept, right? Its a wise move to chase the agent to get you a new maid before the baby arrives. I think we shouldn't be held ransom by our domestic helper. Frankly, I'm very sure your boy will get used to a new helper sooner than you thought. Tots are quite "forgetful" and they are much more adaptable than we think they are. So all the best to your "maid hunt".
happy.gif

P/S: The Crocs were gifts from friends. I've learnt my lesson not to spend too much on their shoes. They really outgrow them fast! What you see on the pix is not going to last till next month, I believe. Sigh...

<font color="0000ff">okeanosmao</font>
Oh, your sons are so big already! Its been a long time since you posted updated pix of them. So cool huh, both the little ones!
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">lefty</font>
I only bring one set of bottles when I'm out. I put the bottle cleanser in a small bottle with a spray nozzle. Immediately after one feed, I'll wash the bottles &amp; teats with the cleanser, then rinse with hot water and leave it to cooled on its own till the next feed. In the initial months, I'll bring my own hot water in the thermal flask. After I got tired of lugging so many things around, I get hot water from any restaurants or fast food outlets. Hee... After all, I find their water boiling hot which is much better than my hot water in the flask.

For FM, I've been told its not recommended to be given to babies after its been mixed with water for more than 30 minutes. So if the kids can't finish it for the first 10 minutes, I'll sit the bottle in hot water then try again 15 minutes later. After which, the FM will be discard. Not sure about EBM but I'm sure you can't leave it for too long as well.

Not sure if any other mommies have better suggestions. If so, please share so our load can be further reduced!
happy.gif

hi mummies,

Can anyone tell me the succession rate of natural birth for twins?

hubby and i had some disagreement on the birthing methods. He wanna me go for csection and claim that it is safer.

Hi krisjon, can decide later on when babies' position are more or less 'fixed'. Natural birth is possible, few mummies in this thread and over in the other twin thread did it. Jia you!

Hey Purebliss
*wave* i am thinking of trying for natural too since the leading twin is head down...but i am also getting lots of advice to go for c-section. sigh...i guess i want to avoid a situation where I have both delivery ward and OT fees if after trying to push, i need an emeergency c-section, but I'm not really keen on c-section...!

Hi Mummies and mummies to be,

I have a set of twin electrical medela pumps to sell away.

Used less than 10 times as I am a typical failure story of breastfeeding my twins. As my milk supply came very late and my twins who are coming to 4 months are already used to formula.

Do let me know via email : [email protected] if you are interested. The set will also comes with the cooler bag and storage bottles.

HI jlyn, thanks for ur advice. Wait till time here then see how.

** Wave wave! Ava, same here.. reason is because hubby dun want me to suffer top and bottom pain. Then also e csection cost alot..2k more from what i find out from my gynae. So my whole family advice on csection. Hate the idea of being cut up too... URGH!

irin
it may not be so bad. i was initially more worried that min, being usu the victim of kai's bullying, might be a pushover or a doormat (passive acceptance). i know it's terrible to say this, but i was actually quite glad when min started to stand her ground and fight back. not that i encourage that sort of aggressive behaviour, but at least now i know she can take care of herself. now our focus is on how to teach them that this sort of violent behaviour is unacceptable and anti-social. kai's still not quite getting the message though.. sigh.
sad.gif

dorayaki
yes, it definitely helps when the dentist is handsome. hee
happy.gif
and yeah, it really was quite an emotional moment for me when they started school. couldn't sleep the night before!

alethea
actually my girl is a lot like yours - she's also quite considerate for her bro altho he bullies her. she'd help fetch his soother for him when she sees him upset or crying. sometimes, she even offers him her own soother! quite sweet to watch really.

sorry to hear abt yr maid problems. hope you get it sorted out soon, before you give birth.

okeanosmao
yup, they're with cherie hearts right now, but i'm intending to take them out soon. not very satisfied with the quality of their teacher after experiencing the first day. now looking at the montessoris around my area (there's no other preschools, unfortunately).

mommies
anyone here with any books to recommend for toddlers 18 months and above? any favourite titles? i'm trying to build a small library for them.

hello, ava and purebliss, my leading twin was also head down so gynae tot i had high chance of delivering natural. i went in the delivery suite with a dilation of 4 cm, they hooked me up to induce, after 6 hours of intense contractions, i m still at 4cm dilation, so i chose to go for emergency c-section. sometimes, really no choice one. ;)

blessedone, where is the newlife child care centre?
happy.gif

lyricist, which cherie heart r u with? last week i visited the one at Charlton. a bit old the furnitures. handsome dentist helps, the mummy or the kids? ;) hiaks!

dawn
honestly? i find cherie hearts expensive and not worth the money at all. my main problem with them is the playgroup teacher doesn't know how to teach, and the teachers there speak a little too much singlish for my comfort. they strike me as being more adept at childcare than teaching.

the one my twins are at is at jln dermawan, just off hillview ave. it also looks quite run-down. the only reason i chose them is that they're just across the road for me, so easily accessible.

the other preschools, altho within walking distance, involve ferrying 2 active tots across 2 roads, and the estate around here's quite old and the pavements very unfriendly, which means i wld need to push the stroller on the road itself. a bit dangerous, esp if it's raining. but well, after weighing the pros and cons, we felt that it's worth the risk going the distance, literally. just gotta be ultra careful.

handsome dentist helps for mommy, of course
happy.gif
at least there's something else for her to look at besides a red-faced screaming tot... kekeke. i don't think the kids wld give a hoot how handsome or plain he is.

lyricist,
same here. I was worried that Reyes will become a timid girl in time to come cos usually she'll just let go, run away or cry when Reyden bullies her.. I actually felt happy when I once saw Reyes fought back for her toy.

hey dawn
did you have epidural also when they induced you? cos my first delivery, I had no epidural and i was at 4-5 cm for more than 2 days before I finally took epidural then went into full dilation...:p

NICU charges
I am a bit worried about NICU charges in private hosp...anyone can give an indication of what charges were like say if babies come around 31st week?

If your gynae is at private hosp and u go into labour very early, can u still book into say KKH or NUH for subsidised rates...who will deliver the babies then? And would we still need a referral from polyclinic for subsidies to apply?

ava, no epidural cos that morning i took my asprin, so cannot. ;) yah, sometimes wondering, if i should have tahan another few hours if the dilation will suddenly increase....haha but too late liow!

blessedone, is the child care good?

Hi Dawn,
I like the centre for the following reasons
1) christian environment
2) spaciousness
3) ratio of teacher to children --> 1:3
etc...more to find out

Hi Alethea,
my first maid of 9 mths is frm indo damage my tv,luckily its not my lcd screen otherwise i'll go really crazy. she has already damaged my rice cooker,the kids drawer,alarm clock.the moment she damaged my tv,i sent her off.she is not honest also,steal my niece &amp; nephews' toys,eat non-halal fd secretly.we have asked her so many times but she kept denying.
current maid, filipino, doesn't knw hw to handle kids, spoil all our clothes while washing and got so many problems.told me 2 times tat she wants to go back hm while she is wif us for only 3 mths.
well,had enuff of maids.planning to send her back hm dis year.
i think u beta get another one before u gave birth.yr maid is not honest enuff.yr kids are wif her everyday n she can do anyting she wants.its beta to play safe.

dorayaki,
how times flies right? soon, they will start schooling and i'm gonna miss those bb times..hee..

hi lyricist,
oh gosh, am planning to send my twins to cherie hearts also,heard there is a new one opening..hmm..shld reconsider now.
big headache for me,next year no maid and only left my mil with the boys.so i cant look for playgroup tats far as my mil oso hv to look aft my wheelchair bound fil.i oso hv in mind for montessories at ten mile junction but the school fees are expensive.
btw,do all playgroup/childcares provide transport?

my elder boi oso got bully by di di always.he always give in to him.but i saw a big change in him before he turns 1. he is able to snatch back his toy from di di and when di di try to snatch, he will hold on dearly to it and shout at him..hee...n he dares to take up challengers oso..those tat his di di dun dare..haha...got strong wil character..
now trying to instill 'sharing' concept in them slowly..otherwise big headache for us when they grow up..

blessedone,
do newlife church provide transport? u put yr boys full day or half day? are they consider in playgroup now since they hv not reach 18mths?

Hi Okeanosamo,
Yes, think they do provide school bus services, though I've not enquired into further details.
I've yet to send them, juz that I've reserved a place for them already. Will be enrolling them in Dec.

Mummies,
share some pics of my 2 little ones. They had learn to hug and hold each other hands as much as biting and fighting. These are the things that make me forget those times when they are naughty.

1515093.jpg

shaking hands and getting close to each other

1515094.jpg

doing a dance after a hug.
happy.gif

Mummies,

Need your advice. What type of fish and fish part do you give your babies that is safe, no bones? Can tell me the fish in english/ hanyu pinyin/ hokkien translation pls?

Yesterday, my maid mashed the Red ??? fish and a fish bone still ended in my gal's mouth. Luckily she heard a creaking sound as my gal try to bite the bone and we quickly got it out. phew...

This is the SECOND time such a thing happen when she mashed the fish. Sometimes I will do the mashing myself. The first time was a cod fish bone. I saw something which looks like a bone sticking out of the rice bowl and indeed it was a BONE!

Do not know whether to be angry with her or be understanding as the 2 bones found were very small with the second looking almost like a fish flake.. Anyway it gave me a sleepless night yday wondering shld I allow her to do the mashing in future at all. Is it just the fish or her not-so-gd right eye that cant look straight? Grrr... what if my baby chokes on a bone?

<font color="0000ff">A+Cmum</font>
I think the best bet for fish is Threadfin. Its known as Wu Yu (Hanyu Pinyin). The character Wu is the same one as Noon. Hokkien is pronounced as Ngoh Hee, I think.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">ALL</font>
Sorry. I've MIA for a while. Been busy with the girls who were down with cold. Things started looking good for them, so we brought them to the SG Flyer 2 days back. Quite an enjoyable experience for the girls and us. I think my HB and I were so busy taking pix and video of them, we hardly enjoy the scenary. But it was still a good trip for us. Here's 2 pix to share with you.
happy.gif

Gracia looking a little sleepy as she just woke up from her nap.
1517601.jpg

We brought along balloons to reward the munchkins for behaving themselves on board the capsule.
1517602.jpg

DOrayaki, C&amp;G look very well-behaved, very ladylike
happy.gif

Irin, how did you get R&amp;R to pose so well? How old are they now huh? It's near to impossible for both my twins to pose for the camera simultaneously....

Still having maid issues...it's driving me nuts. Finally caught her red-handed with a 2nd HP despite our confiscating of her 1st (keep in the day on weekdays, only returning it to her at night. Weekends we also let her keep). And she was SMSing while bathing my daughter!!! And she refused to surrender her 2nd HP and cried. Arrgh!! I keep telling myself to stay cool, don't make things ugly, while making myself feel happier, re-playing the picture in my mind of her being sent packing and booted off at the airport. I just need to settle on a good replacement maid FAST!!

Meanwhile, a pic of my Jayden &amp; Shannen to share
happy.gif

1517718.jpg

dorayaki
your gals look so cute together cos they look so alike! It's like those trick photography where they have tweo shots of the same person in one frame
happy.gif
Now I am so looking forward to my gals too! 10 more weeks to go!!!

J&amp;S,
they are 15mths now. It's only recently that they learnt how to pose for the camera. Maybe cos I've been taking photos of them very often and I'll show them on the camera the pixs I took so they kind of know they'll appear in that small "box". I asked them to "hug, hug", "kiss, kiss", dance then quickly snap when they do the action.

When is your replacement maid coming?

Dorayaki,

Thanks, I know which fish u are referring to. Now one person will check after the other has finished mashing as a precaution.

My girls holding hands:=)
1523059.jpg

Morning mummies...... glad to see sooo many cute pics... N tht everyone is ok.....

Dorayaki- u can kill me aft i say tis... i still duno who is who.... hehehehe.. they still look identical..

A&amp;cmum- when u buy the fish, be it cod or threadfin, tell the person its for bb.. usually the uncle remove the bones for me n give me the part where thrs less bone.. or so the uncle says... mayb im easily conned.. bt so far so gd for me...... hehehe

<font color="0000ff">Fi</font>
Hola! Having more quality time now that your munchkins are in PG? Hee! I know lyricist will also kill me for dressing them alike again. I will try not to whenever I can. Their existing clothings has a lot of duplicates given by friends. Boh bian lah!

Any more gatherings coming up? I've been busy lately cos my elder sis just delivered her first baby. Had to lend her a listening ear most of the time cos she's very depressed. Post natal blues according to her gynae. Haiz...

That's very clever of you to dress A&amp;C differently when posing for pix. Hehehe... They look soooo sute! Is that a Korean outfit or ???

<font color="0000ff">Alethea</font>
My girls are ladylike because of their long hair. Personality wise not so ladylike, esp Chloe. Hahaha...

<font color="0000ff">Ava</font>
You're almost there already! Jia You!!!

okeanosmao
i think just becos the cherie hearts (CH) at my place is not up to par doesn't mean that the rest of their branches are all like that. must really sit through their programme and assess for yourself.

i think most CC/preschools hv school bus service, or at least the ones i've visited do. cherie hearts also hv - i always see the kids arriving there in a small minivan. the montes near my place do too. in fact one of the montes i visited are so keen to get us enrolled she actually negotiated for free bus transport for us! i think she knows that otherwise i'll not give her school serious consideration becos distance &amp; accessibility a real problem for me. maybe you shld consider a preschool with bus service.

funny leh, out of the 3 montes &amp; CH i went to, CH is the most expensive. the montes are actually cheaper (altho still not cheap lah). haha, maybe you shld put yr twins at one of them here! nyway CH is trying hard to persuade us to stay on, giving me a lot of negative feedback abt the other montes. the branch director knows i'm currently evaluating the other preschools.

anyway, after speaking to fi, i may change my kids to a 5-day playgrp instead of their current 2. i think they'll adjust better. now having some problems trying to get them to go to school. whenever they see me bring out their uniforms, they start acting up.

dorayaki
no lah, won't kill you lah.
happy.gif
i actually think it's kinda cute to dress twins alike. it's just that g &amp; c are identical, so v hard for us to tell apart.

oh dear, your sis sounds like she's having a tough time. is there a reason/trigger for her postnatal blues? hope she gets better soon.

alethea
oh my, s &amp; j are looking so grown-up now! like proper little boy &amp; girl. so so adorable
happy.gif
how's the maid situation?

a+cmum
i'm also very paranoid when cooking fish for my two, except that i'm the one who cuts them up and freeze them, so i wld check for bones on the way. i use mainly threadfin &amp; salmon. codfish nice, but too many bones, i find.

ava
last stretch! jia you!
happy.gif

Morning mummies!!! My monsters have been on n off unwell since mon... N i tink im cuming down wif them too........... Sigh......... I hate this vicious cycle....

Lyricist- have u decided to withdraw them? R they adjusting better now tht they r there daily?

Dorayaki- wahahahahaha.. even if u dress them diff i still cant tell the diff.. Sorri bout ur sis in law....... shes lucky to have u ard....

Alethea- so hws the maid nw? Mine acted up too ever since my kids went to pg.. She slacked totally... we were even contemplating to get a new one or juz do without... Bt since we can see tht she really truly cares for Dan n Yaz, we spoke to her n told her off...... THis week, shes back on track.. lets see hw long this can last....

fi
they're "serving notice" at their current preschool now till end of this month. after that.. well, we're still assessing the other 2 montessoris we shortlisted so we haven't decided which yet.

actually, i might keep them home for a couple of weeks first becos they (and I) have been sick for more than a week now. the time-out from school will make sure everyone recovers fully before putting them back into school. so they'll only be going daily next month.

hi ladies,
i have been mia for a while... been super busy at work and caring for Alonzo and Alena! They are now 7.5 months old and sleeping less, crawling and sitting around so need loads of energy and time to take care of them! here's a recent pix of them...

lyricist,
how old are your twins now? well, just wondering when would be a good time to put Alonzo and Alena in child care... keke...

okeanos,
where did you get the baby float from? it looks good! i intend to bring my twins to the pool soon so looking around for a suitable float for them but did not come across any today...

1534402.gif

blessdone,
u have already reserve place?tats fast..yet to visit the place to c their programmes.only been to learning vision @ central just oppo my workplace and tat is v v expensive. cant afford tat much.thinkg of kinderland @ cck also.

lyricist,
i tot monte is mre expensive than CH cos the monte i found is quite ex.
actually u r not the only one who gave negative feedback abt CH. my colleague's niece enrol in CH and they actually allowed her not to bathe for the whole week when her niece insisted not to.n CH's teacher didn't bother to inform her mum abt it and she came hm smelly n sticky every day.OMG!!

do u bring them to sit in wif u also when u asses those childcares? btw, where r u staying?

irin,
yr little ones 15mths already? boy, they look quite tall leh.so nice of them to hug hug each other. =)

dodo,
wait till yr little ones started walking then u might hv to use tons of energy chasing aft them.hahaa..
i bot those baby floats from a shop tat sells sports things.cost ard $7.50 if i'm not wrong. u can go kiddy palace to buy, they hv those cute pics ard.mine is the plain type.
if not, deparmental store shld have bah.

okeanosmao,
they only look tall but they aren't tall. My gal just reached the 80cm mark recently only. Can't expect too much cos both parents are short. :p

Hi Irin,
Tink your gal has already reached the 75 percentile, standing at 80 cm at 15 mths, so..she isn't short la..hehe..
btw, when's their birthday? my boys just turned 15 mths also.

Fi &amp; Lyricist,
Hope both u n babies get well soon.

Fish fish
Ya, normally I ask for the tail part where its more likely to be boneless. Agree, cod fish a lot of bones and super thin &amp; small. Very deceiving.
My gals eat so much fish, cant afford to buy them threadfin always. Very exp! They are so gd with their spoons, they can pick up only the fish to eat. sigh..

Irin,
80cm at 15mths is not short la. Are you putting them into any playgrp at 18m too?

Dorayaki,

Thats a korean design dress that my sis bought fr HK. Personally, I like to dress them the same to confuse pple..
biggrin.gif
... haa.. non-identical to us but identical to others.. no lah, think its cute to dress them the same. There are some people who like to ask "are they twins?" when they look obviously the same and wearing identical clothes. A friend I had not met for some time and is pregnant, probably still a bit dazed asked a 2nd qn "Are they yours?"
lol.gif

G&amp;C still look the same to me.

Blessedone,
they just turned 16 months on the 2nd Jul.
happy.gif
The PD had mentioned at their 15mths checkups, they are both at the 50th percentile for their heights and Reyes is in the 25th percentile for her weight leh.

A+C,
don't think will send them to any playgroup at 18mths yet. I'm abit concerned about them falling sick easily and can't bear the thought of them leaving my side too. I'm a possessive mummy. hehe. Probably when they turn 2 or slightly older.

Irin,
Aiya, it's ok la...I've got female classmates during my primary/ lower secondary school who were always "first" in class, i.e, first in the queue..muhahaha..but when they reached secondary 3(late puberty) they superseded a lot of us and are standing at 1.7 m tall for girls leow....so..being shorter at a younger age doesn't determine anything...
one other thing, my fil is only below 1.6 m and mil, 1.5m but my hb is 1.8 m while his sister is 1.68 m...so...height is smex not really genetic...it really depends on the diet and the activities your kids engage in, in future..hehehe

A&amp;C is so good with spoon feeding themselves? What a blessing! G&amp;C still make a big mess out of their meals. Arrgghhhh...

<font color="0000ff">ALL</font>
I'm helping my sister to sell off her excess baby shower stuff. Left a set of Avent Newborn Starter Set going at $35 (UP: $45.90). Mommies who are interested, please email me. Details available in the link below:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/1539942.html?1215415753

Thanks!

HI everyone
do you remember if your babies' movements decreased towards the 30th week, as in you dont feel them so often or less strongly? am hoping that maybe it's due to lack of space...or should i see doc? sometimes i do feel strong movements but only at certain times...

Ava,

U shld check your your gynae the next time u meet him. As long as babies move during the day, its ok.

dorayaki,
ha.. A&amp;C are still messy too.

blessedone,
true.. they are still too young to know whether they will be tall or short in future. I just hope my gals will be at least taller than mummy who always queue in front during pri sch!

Irin,
Would want my children to stay at home too but cant bear the thought of them watching maid do housework whole day n learn broken english, poor pronunication etc etc.

My maid still dont want to confirm if she's renewing her contract. sigh..

A+Cmum,
oh, you can get your maid to do flashcards or reading with them. But if you are worried about the accent or pronounciation then maybe not.
Cos my maid will do flashcards, reading, teach them stuff from those educational DVDs when I'm not around. She even told me she taught her previous employer's boy how to write his own name at the age of 2. I shall see how she do it with my kids. haha. :p
Maybe partly cos my job don't require me to be out everyday or whole day so I actually can't bear to be home without seeing them around.
happy.gif

dodo
my twins just turned 19 months. i started them with playgroup 2 days a week for 3.5 hrs each session. there's no hurry to put them into playgroup once they turn 18 months. many moms don't. i do because i take care of them by myself without a helper so i want some time to myself. plus it gives them a chance to interact with other kids &amp; adults, and not just be cooped up at home with me all day long.

okeanosmao
i don't think all cherie hearts are like that lah. i don't hv any issue with their childcare ability at my twins' school, only with the teaching quality. anyway after giving my frank feedback to the branch director, i can see that they've really made a big effort to clean up their act.

my hub and i went down to visit all the preschs within walking distance of our place to tour their facilities, interview their supervisors/branch directors and look at curriculuum. then we shortlisted the ones we liked and arranged for a one-day trial with our twins, mainly to assess the playgroup teacher and the execution of the curriculuum.

i'm staying at hillview ave. just PM me if you're interested in a list of the preschools around this area.

a+cmum
we're much better now - thanks for asking.
happy.gif
just a bit of cough left.

ava
did you try doing fetal kick counts? i was told by my doc's nurse to count if the babies kick/move at least 10 times a day (roughly) near the end of my term. if they do, they should be fine. they're getting really cramped in there anyway, so not much space to move.

Irin,

Thanks for your suggestions. This is the reason why I m putting my kids to half-day next yr when I return to work. She can quickly finish her housework in the AM and focus on the children in PM. Hopefully to teach them something too.

For now, whenever I need to cook or be in the kitchen, most of the times she would bring them to watch her fold clothes, sweep floor etc etc. At best, play with them a bit.. Probably because I m ard, she knows I m in charge of teaching.

Back