2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

Happy Chinese New Year to all mummies, daddies and babies!!
happy.gif

hi, dawn and deasy

long time never log in. how r u gals?

i just resigned last wk, yes, b4 CNY. fil not well so mil has to go back n look after him. now i m a fulltime SAHM. haha......yesterday was my babies' 1yr old birthday, din make a big celebration coz my boys r nt with me. miss them a lot. hummm, wil go back n visit them in summer time, must wait e whether better, my gal easily get sick one. every time wan to bring her for prevena jab, she always fell sick. when recovered, mummy always busy with work. aiyo, finally had her jab 2wks ago. how r ur boys n gals? can walk already? mine can stand well and walk around the table or bed with one hand holding on sth. but walk a few steps only n also not stable if walk on her own. also can climb up n down the sofa n chairs liow, so restless!!!

here s my gal in qipao
2114706.jpg

Irin and bb08...

Gong xi fa cai everyone..it has been a while since I drop a line..

I felt worse when I realised tt i m preg with my 3rd child, handling twin is not ez, quality time spent with one is really precious...n i cud not attend to my twin as i was having my morning sickness thruout the pregnancy. Even after my 3rd one came along 4mths ago, I still feel very lousy till now. So whenever I can, I tried to attend to one of them.. however there will always be situations like this morning when my boy wake up and walk towards my helper instead...
If I can help it, I will just want to have the twin..but then looking at my 3rd, i felt guilty towards her too... she is still a joy afterall. Well, manage and handle our kids to our utmost ability, just hope they know we love them soooooomuch!

dorayaki n irin,

our kiddos are abt the same age, i have sent my twin to the CC when my gal turn 16mth old and boy at 18mth old...my mother has said tt I m "bad" to send them when they r still so young :-( what to do, their little sister is here when both turn 18mth old, my helper can handle only 1 rite...so my hubby say, sooner or later they hv to go, so off they went at such tender age.
It was really heartbreaking to c them crying and screaming... plus they are always sick with flu n cough n fever...well, was told tt they'll outgrew the virus stage after 6mths into CC as advised by their PD who has put his gal thru infant care at 3mths old. I have just sent them to a new childcare in Jan.. heartpain when i heard the teacher say tt they been peeping at the door since their childmates left at 430pm with the school bus.
How r your kiddos coping so far?

hi all,
it's been a long time since i log in to this thread. First of all, would like to wish all HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR !

CC
will be sending my gals to CC in Apr this yr at age of 20mths by then. Hope it won;t be too early! Anyone already sent their kiddos to CC? Any advice? Really worried about the sickness..etc in CC

Coco,
my kiddos started in dec at 21months. I thought it was young too but like what you mentioned, it's a matter of time. And plus my maid's contract is ending this month so no choice ...

They cried for 2 weeks before they settled down and it was real heartpain to see them crying. I was crying outside their classroom too. :p
As for sickness, mine fell sick twice so far and it really better after awhile so what the other mummies say are right afterall.
happy.gif

twinkle2,
it's common for them to fall sick for the 1st few months but once they build up their immunity then it's fine. Give them vitamins, it'll help.
As for crying, I personally felt it's better to just leave them and go off even though some schools will encourage parents to sit thru for the 1st 3 days.

I sat thru and it was so difficult for me to leave them after the 1st 2 days. And the more I stayed on outside the classroom to peep, the more depressed I felt and I wanted to pull them out.
But after 2 weeks of "endurance", our efforts paid off and I noticed the kids are now happier and talk more ever since they started CC.
happy.gif

Hi <font color="0000ff">CoCo</font>
Though I still feel that kids should attend childcare ideally at age 3, but I am pleasantly surprised that my girls are enjoying childcare now. Their vocab was so limited when I started them in Dec. Now I have them coming up with sentences (though not complete ones). My HB is so encouraged that we've totally forgotten about the initial heartache when they cried at the gate and fell sick in the first few weeks.
happy.gif

I guess at the end of the day, there is no right or wrong age to send kiddos to childcare. If you have to becos there is no one else to help out (particularly since we have multiples), then lets just prepare ourselves for the difficult times in the initial weeks and enjoy the fruit later. Better days will come, ya! ^.^

RE: Peeping out of the windows. You fetch them yourself after work? If you do, tell your kids you love them enough not to put them on school bus. Because you love them, you prefer to pick them up personally. Make them feel special!

No offence to those who put your kiddos on school bus. This is just a way to make our kids feel loved and not neglected when they are left behind in CC.
happy.gif

Irin, i do have to agree with you on the part abt parting with them.. do without taking a week leave to stay with them in school at their 1st week... it seem even more tough for them to adjust to the new arrangement when we join them in class.

Dorayaki, will try telling them abt coming ard to pick them up personally and not leaving them to school bus.

JSJmum, was scrolling up the previous posts n saw yours on your boy being an angel in school and was laughing over it...my kiddo's teacher was complaining to me tt my boy had been hitting other children in school... we tried to explain to him and it doesnt seem to register what he did is wrong... it seem like he derived 'fun' in beating people...haiz...
as for number 4, its also a NO NO NO... really tough handling twin with another baby, i always got stares from strangers as if I must have been crazy!

irin,
thanks for your advice. Did u bring them for any preventive injections like the pheumococes(wrong spelling) etc before they attend CC? What kind of vitamin your kids taking?

twinkle2,
I didn't let them take any other vaccinations other than the compulsory ones. I was hesitant cos I'm very afraid of needles. It was already a tough job just to let them take the compulsory ones so I spared them for the optional ones. :p

They are taking the multivit gummies bears and cod liver oil.

Dorayaki is right about assuring your kids. I tried that on their 3rd/4th day and it worked! I told them "Mummy loves you. Mummy will come pick you after "lunch, sleep or teabreak" (give them a timing when you'll go pick them so they'll know when to expect you)". Give them hugs and kisses when I send them to school. All these will help in giving them a sense of security and they cried lesser and for shorter period.

mummies,
How do u make your babies' sleepg area safe? I've let them sleep on floor mattresses and used pillows and bolsters to create a border, but now they can crawl over them when they wake.

long time didnt log in, thread slowing down liao. mommies very busy ho.

weiwei,
your girl looks very happy le.

we just came back from trip to thailand and malaysia, together with twins and in-laws and my mom. my girl stick to me like glue. aiyooo... go to bathroom also cannot ar.

will post their pics when i have time.

petals,
hi, how are you?
wht do you mean "safe"? you have a lot of things around tht could danger your babies? put them away. do they sleep with you?
for mine, they still sleep with me and when they wake up in the morning, they will jump on me or lay on me, sometimes they are good wnd see mommy and daddy still sleeping, they will go back to sleep. we put our mattresses on floor, and put puzzle foams at the end of the mattress so in case they fall down wont knock very hard. hope it helps.

lefty

wow wow wow, ur babies 1 yr old alrdy!!! all look healthy and lovely
happy.gif
they start walking alrdy?

the one on the left side is ur gal? i love her eyes......

deasy

ya, my gal wil b very excited whenever she see herself in the mirror or somebody taking pic on her. keep on changing pose and make sure she has the brightest smile in the world!! whenever we r outside, she wont bother about mummy but keep on waving at ppl and smile at everyone who look at her. if we share a lift with another child who s in the pram also, she wil go and touch tat child and want to play with him/her. not shy at all, hahaha....

mummies

when wil u send ur children to playgoup or child care center? do child care centers teach as much as play group? what s the difference?

hi.. I'm a new mummy here.. would like to check with some mummies here.. when should I start taking my maternity leave?

I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant with one boy &amp; one girl.. EDD on 1st Oct.. I'm just wondering that if for example, I'm going for c-sect on 9 Sept, when should I start taking my ML? should I start taking from 7 Sept or 1 week b4 or even earlier? The reason I'm asking is I dun wan to utilize my ML too early. In fact, I would like to start utilising my ML once I give birth &amp; nt b4 babies are out.. so that is why I'm wondering since I already choosen the date of my c-sect, can I just start going on leave 1 day b4 my c-sect?

hi mommies

help..... my no. 2 is refusing to feed... he refused his solids for the last 2 weeks, eating only 1-2 spoon per meal. he has been surviving on milk and snacks. he's also cranky and whiny and clingy these 2 weeks. usually, he does not do this.

is he teething.... i think his 2nd molar is coming... he's 22 months now.

anyone knows how long will this tantrums last?

hi mesh

my pd ever said that the kids will reach a stage where they refused solids. He said its normal as long as the kid is still consuming milk. He said never force the kids to eat so dont worry.
happy.gif

Hi hi! I have MIAed for some time, but glad to be back!

Lefty - Your 3 kiddos are super cute! I still recall their pics when they were a few months old.

Irin - thanks for the tips. Counting down to the trip!

Mummies, do your twins fight? Mine are B/G combi, coming to 32 months old, and tho' they do play tog, run after each other, laughing, hugging and all loving, they do fight a lot too. And when they fight, it's scratching, biting, showing, or pulling at each other's clothes. I dun understand how come they can't live in harmony.

Any experience or advice to share?

Hihi...i have been MIA long time too cos super stressed at workplace...just changed a new boss and she is a super slave driver.
sad.gif

weiwei...ur gal is cute! the boys must be even bigger now! Deasy how are your twins doing?
happy.gif

JSJMum,
happy.gif
mine fight like crazy these few months too cos the boy keeps snatching the gal's things. My gal has a good nature and mild temper usually, but when irritated too much, cannot take it , will bite the boy, or smack his face. I also dunno how to stop it....i think will get worse as they are older.

I also need to ask for advice from mummies here....when did u send the kids to childcare? Cos nowadays they are getting so active...it is very tiring to take of them. But feeling v guilty if i send them to a childcare centre so young.... I scrolled up and saw some of u sending 16 to 24months, was it ok or would u have sent them in later? What to look out for when choosing the CC?

hi mummies,.... so miss the thread.

jsjmum, i think fights are normal bah... even siblings who are not multiples fight, i've seen brothers at play ground, looks like at least 2 years apart... fight and literally fight... punching each other... of course its the younger one doing the punching. no matter what they are kids. my kids at 2 yo are fighting alot too.... most of the time over toys or books or even food and attention. think we just need to teach them the amiable way of solving problem.... though its easier said then done.

dawn re childcare... i put mine in at 23 months... they just turned 24 months last weekend. for me... cos i have triplets my criteria was it should be walking distance from my home.... non aircon and clean.

now my kids have been settling well in half day the past 1 month... i'm thinking to put them in full day now.... but feel super guilty cos i still have 2 maids at home. but i'm ftwm and i worry that when it rains the 2 maids cant bring 3 toddlers home after lunch... so better they get used to staying full day earlier. so far it has been my inlaws helping to bring them home, together with 1 maid on raining days but my ils are not locals and leaving soon..... then i'd have the abovementioned problem cos only left with 2 maids to bring them home after lunch.

mummies can advise if you feel guilt leaving your kids in full day and how you overcame the feeling?

Hi Mesh,
I'm a mother of twin boys, at 27 mths of age. Actually, i felt more uneasy leaving them at home, coz I'd be wondering what the kids are doing every hr and min. My mom is a soap opera lover, so i cld easily guess what they will be exposed most to if they are left in the care of my mom.
However, i feel that they become more mature after joining childcare, like they will share their toys more willingly, greet adults, push their chairs back to the same plce once they're done with their meals and put their shoes at the same orginal plce..once they take them off..
To sum it all, they are more organised and independant after joining childcare.

Hi Mesh,
I'm a mother of twin boys, at 27 mths of age. Actually, i felt more uneasy leaving them at home, coz I'd be wondering what the kids are doing every hr and min. My mom is a soap opera lover, so i cld easily guess what they will be exposed most to if they are left in the care of my mom.
However, i feel that they become more mature after joining childcare, like they will share their toys more willingly, greet adults, push their chairs back to the same plce once they're done with their meals and put their shoes at the same orginal plce..once they take them off..
To sum it all, they are more organised and independant after joining childcare.

mesh, thanks for sharing....mine just turned 18 months only, so i am hesitant about sending as they can't talk and self feed properly and not toiet trained too....hmmm should wait another 2 monhts? as i asee most of u sending after 20 months.

hi all,
glad to see this thread alive again!

hi dawn,
my gals r turning 2 next mth. Have sent them to CC when they were 20mths. I also have doubts and guilt as to sending them at such young age initially. I send them in partly cos i also buai tahan liao, super tired,haha! Another thing is they didn't learn much at home , always fighting etc. Also because the cc finally got place at that time so put them in lo. After these few mths i can say i got no regrets lo. They r more organise, learnt lot more etc... Only thing u got to bear with is the sickness they get especially the first few mths. Study few days,
sick mc few days , back again ..... Really got to "ren" lo. My concern in looking for suitable cc is in terms of cleanlinest, non aircon... I am not so particular abt "branded" schools at this pt of time. I believe as long as it's am approved CC, shld be more or less ok in terms of academically
Hope these helps....

hi i agree the kids are more mature and outspoken after going to cc.

i still have second thoughts about full day... cannot overcome the heartache despite kind advice by friends. haha... guess what i did.... i went and got them stroller rain covers yesterday!! haha. so they'd still stay for half day only till i change my mind again.

Dear mummies, sos again. sigh.... my kids just turned 25 months. they are suddenly not eating well,... for the last 2 months, they progressed from porridge to soup and rice. now, they don't want soup, just plain rice. and when i try to give them more solid food like chicken nuggets, fries, vege, carrot, they don't want at all.... everything "dun wan... dun wan..."

can share with me what your kids take for breakfast, lunch or dinner?

its been a long time since i last wrote in.
dawn : my twins will be 19months in 1 week. seeing them grow is unbeliveable, feels like yesterday they're still so small, now running here and there, aiyooo, so active oredi. they still eat porridge, but not too liquid, love soups, fried bihun/kwetiao, and still drink 4-5times milk. 1 nap before or after lunch. night time stays d same, from 730 or 8pm. and they enjoy tv very much, i let them see barney and brainy baby for 45min in the morning and another 45min in the evening before bedtime. how are yours?

any news from weiwei? i wonder how her girl been doing.

mesh : for my twins, bfast : fried bihun/kwetiao, oatmeal, toast, porridge, noodle.
lunch/dinner : porridge, soup, steam meat, steam egg, salted egg, fried egg/fish, veges.
yesterday i talk to my friend, she has 6yo daughter, like eating plain rice without nothing, and very fast, once she put in veges or meat, daughter will eat very slow. hahahhaa. mayb its transition, i hvnt reach tht stage yet.

Hi ladies, I'm new to this thread but have read your very interesting posts. Really cute pictures too! Am a first-time mother to a pair of 10 month old twin girls.

I wonder if any of you have managed or tried to sleep train your babies?

mesh

i think ur kids maybe just like e feeling of chewing rice, amm amm....keep chewing....... maybe u try to fry e soft rice with veg, fish or meat?

my kids:
bf: porridge, pork/beef/fish floss and egg
lunch/dinner: noodle, prawn, scallop, fish, meat, vegs, seaweed, egg, sometimes my mum will cook for them dumpling

deasy

hihi! always saw u online but dun always hav e time chat wif u leh. miss u!! my gal s catching up well these few mths. i quit my job and full day take care of her. so i got time to cook for her nutritious food lor, also started her on pediasure this mth. she still looks small to her bros, but not very diff. she s friendly and always want to play wif others in e mrt, no matter tat person s looking at her or not. haha......

but her prob s she doesnt chew most of e time, or i should say 90% of e time nt chewing, just simply swallowing. well, she has 16 teeth alrdy, dun knw wat to do wif her. like tis how to send her to child care? saw their menu for her age, ppl all eating bread, apple, rice, fish ball soup...those need to chew one... hai...... e teacher said they will feed her infant food if she cant chew. i dun want her to go back to bb style again, everything blended, she wil never learn.

but sth good happened today, she manage to finish almost 3/4 slice of cheese, she bite and chew a little bit.... thank GOD!!!

we brought her for swimming few weeks back, she refused to come out and always want to go back to e pool. got little bit of cold after tat but i think she wil become stronger after a few sessions.

took a pic of them.....

2852704.jpg

kalmot

welcome!! wat u mean by "sleep train"? train them how to sleep on their own? mine just started pat-pat pattern recently. b4 that, all hav to drink milk and carry for sleep.
happy.gif

deasy, dawn

I WANT TO SEE UR KIDS' PICS..... URGENTLY........HAHAHAHA......

hi weiwei, you can call me kal
happy.gif

yeah...I mean training to sleep on their own. My story is like this...I tried training my gals for naps via CIO (crying it out) when they were about 5 mths but chickened out for bedtime coz it's really traumatic. But sigh...when I went back to work, my MIL took over &amp; they can't sleep on their own for afternoon naps now. :p funny thing is the morning nap is still ok because I'm in charge.

but for bedtime, they need the bottle &amp; rocking to sleep. but my second one is very sleep resistent so sometimes if she doesn't fall asleep via the bottle, she'll scream. problem is the gals are in the same room (they sleep by themselves there) so am always afraid they'll wake each other up. also wondering how to clean their teeth if they r always falling asleep on the bottle.

now that they r 10 mths, I'm wondering if they r too old to be trained or if there's a softer approach. CIO is really really tough! :p

hi, kal

humm, really dun knw how to advice u coz mine just start only. i just estimate e time and make her tired so she wil fall asleep easily. as for dental care, if u worry abt their teeth, can feed them some plain water after milk and b4 sleep. it's quite hard to use toothpaste at their age as they dun knw how to spit out. so u may want to just let them drink a bit of plain water after each feed, at least can somehow rinse their mouth. sounds not so good advices, but that's wat i hav. hope can help u a little.
happy.gif

no prob. just asking if anybody has similar sleep training experience.
happy.gif
water after milk is a good idea except that my daughters hate drinking water. mabbe will try one day. thanks for your advice!

weiwei,
Hello! Ur babies so cute, ur boys look identical. For toothpaste, u can try First Teeth, it's safe to swallow and for 3mth n above. I've been using this since I started for my kids. First with finger brush provided, then now pigeon toothbrush. They really enjoy it a lot. Will try to brush b4 they sleep but cant help if they have night feed later. Cheaper if u get the toothpaste from bp. So fast time flies...now my kids running around too. My girl suddenly fever today for no reason...will give her meds and monitor tonite b4 sending her to doc. Sigh...

petals

hi, how r u? bought e toothpaste n brush last yr but wil try maybe later. doing toilet training for her now. most of e time she can tell when she wants to pee and she knows must go to her potty. but poo poo she sometimes mix up with pee or cant tell in time. never mind, just started for 4 days, 1-2wks' time she should be fine. then will only start tooth brushing. one thing at a time.

will be sending her to child care ctr frm next mth onwards, hope she wil be ok.

how s ur gal now? better?

weiwei,
hi hi girl... very cute babies, really so different ho their faces. hahahha.... i forgot how to upload pic ler, last time i tried but failed. stupid me. why u give ur girl pediasure? have difficulties in eating meh? porridge still ok rite? my bb girl also like swallowing only, hahaha, but crackers or biscuits, she will chew, but not for rice and meat. as for korkor, starting rice for 2 days oredi, like fried bihun, all must chew e. but not meat, he will spit the meat out after chewing d meat.
are three of them staying with you now? so glad to hear from you again.

Kalmot,
welcome!! for mine, at nap they sleep after lunch, sometimes need milk, sometime need to carry and sing for them, sometime just pat pat. at nite, after milk, maids usually just pat. i dont do pat pat, just let them roll here and there, they play for a while, lay over each other, then to mommy, then sleep on their own. if mommy not around, twins sleep at 8, sometimes 730. when mommy around, mommy let them sleep at 9 or 10. hahahahah.... naughty mommy.

petals,
hiiii.... how is ur girl?

weiwei, i got facebook account, got their pics there. u know my email, just add, ok?

i wonder if teresa is reading, is she still in HK?

deasy

it's e dietitian's advice coz she still appears small in her age grp. seems we pamper my kids too much liao, turn out they became lazy to chew. must train her.....humm, by the teachers in child care ctr.....i will giv her e same old style once i saw her choke over new food....hehe.... btw, she already used to potty and seldom wet her pants now. will be going to child care next mth. haha, i will b free....but hav to start work liow.....

just creat my facebook account, add me to ur list?

ya, me too. miss her a lot! teresa.....

hi weiwei n deasy,
My girl simply had fever one day then next day ok...no other symptoms. So funny. But later both got stomach flu...sigh. My kids sleep v late, 10plus. If sleep early, sure wake up after a while, as if it's a nap.

thanks weiwei and deasy. deasy, your bedtime routine (rolling &amp; playing) sounds like fun!
happy.gif

am starting to drop one nap for one of my daughters...faint :p she's only 10.5 months! no choice coz she brings the roof down when carried for naps.

petals

hihi, it's my turn now. my gal got gastric flu since yesterday, vomit after each meal/feed, hav to spoon feed her everything slowly, if nt she wil pour everyth out......worse thing she even vomit in e middle of e night, yes, halfway sleeping. sigh......she wil b going for childcare in Oct,hope she wil b fine......

hi weiwei,
How's your girl now? Must wash ur hands and try to use disposable paper towels to wipe up the vomit or diarrhoea as it's quite contagious. Hopefully, doesn't spread to u or your sons. My whole family got it. Ended up buying waterproof mattr protectors cos both kids vomited n had diarrhoea and had to keep changing bedshts. Poor things. Doc also said to dilute the milk cos lactose causes wind, and feed in smaller portions until better.

Which childcare u sending them to? Hvn't done my research yet.

petals

my sons r at my mum's place, so they r fine. it's daddy who got it frm her on e next day and worse than her. i had once vomit then ok now. yes, we use paper towels for e vomit. diarrhea resolved after one day, but she still vomit sometimes. at least another 3-4 days to recovery.

i'm sending to a Montessori one near my place. it's expensive (900/mth without subsidize)but it's e only one available around this area. i suggest u start to search and register them now, e waiting time quite long.

hihi deasy, weiwei and petals!!! *wave*, I have lost the thread for awhile!
happy.gif
Weiwei...wow your 3 kids are all doing very well! and yes your little gal is now as big as her 2 brothers!

Drowned in my work...*sigh*...wish i can be a SAHM...changed boss beginning of this year and she is a real slave driver man. imagine i have to work till midnite or 1 am daily and wake up 5plus am....i dun even have time to play with my kids, let alone log in! *BIG Sigh* trying to compensate by trying to put down all work at least for one day a few hours during the weekend.

Trying to upload som of their photos when they were 18 months.... They also going to start their Child care centre next month liow. Will try to pop in and catch up soon!

*sigh* i have lost the skill of uploading too...all the photos i resize...they say still too large! help!!!

dawn

hihi, welcome back!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
poor mummy, hav to work so hard, pls take care of ur own health, supermummy
happy.gif

yup, i hav to resize all my photos b4 uploading them,too. tmr wil b my gal's 1st day in childcare, i m more anxious than her....haha...20mth liow, time to release mummy now.....

Back