2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

hi weiwei!
happy.gif
How did your gal do in the childcare these 2 days? Did you stay with her or leave 1/2 way.

dawn

she was ok in e 1st day, finish her porridge, drank 2x milk, din cry at all. yesterday, she started throwing tantrum. in e morning, halfway outdoor playing it rain, so teacher brought them back to classroom. she refused to come back and cried. they cook fried noodle for their lunch, she cant eat and also refused to even taste it, cry again. e teacher gav her milk, she slept with e milk bottle. in e afternoon, she refused her snack-cake and vitagen, she never ate those b4, only eat yogurt at hm. again, teacher gav her milk to drink. she took her own sweet time to drink slowly, play wif e bottle at e same time. halfway her milk, other kids finished their snack and vitagen, all going outdoor. she joined them and din finish her milk. last night, she cried a few times halfway sleeping, like hav nightmare. today, e teacher stop me frm going in e classroom and took over her at e main door. we said byebye to her, e teacher removed her shoes, she started crying. dun know how wil she b today, but i m prepared to b e same like yesyerday. must giv her at least 2wks to adjust to new ppl, new environment, and new food.... oh, i din sit in coz e teacher dun allow. they said if i stay there, she wil expect me to accompany her everyday. in fact i went back to peep at her on e 1st day, just happen tat they r going out to play. she saw me n v happy. but i can see tat e teacher was nt so happy coz i interrupt e teaching. so faster i said bye and came hm. yesterday i went again at lunch time, want to see how they eat their lunch. but she alrdy slept so i came hm again. think i worri too much, i need time to adjust also...

weiwei, I guess all the kids will need to take some time to adjust to the CC. I can imagine the heartpain when you see your gal cry...*sigh* think i will be going through this next month too! Did the teacher encourage you to put her for 1/2 day first or straight away just full day?

dawn

no, i was e one who wanted full day. actually she s fine without me, even said byebye to us. e teacher said usually 1st 2wks u cant expect they wil behave perfectly, they need time to knw other ppl and understand routines. tat's e reason i din sit in wif her. e more i stay there, e slower she learn and interract with others, she knws tat mummy always here, then wil expect u to be there everyday. so now i just say byebye and tell her mummy will pick her up after afternoon tea, then just go away. i sure will pull her out or end up myself crying if i stay there. :p

True........we need to be heartless at this stage!
happy.gif
*Sigh* I used to be a childcare teacher 15 years ago...and used to take crying toddlers from their teary mummies/daddies....can't imagine now the role is reversed and now I am the teary mummy!

She must be very happy to see you when you pick her up every day!

ya, e moment she saw me, she rush out, grab her shoes and say byebye to her teacher automatically, then drag me out if i still talking to e teacher...haha, v fast n funny...
happy.gif

hi dawn,
Nice to hear from u! Oh, poor thing, work so late, until 1am?? I always had the impression u were a teacher...but i thought maybe in a pri or sec sch. u must be very tired. Must take care of your health too. Abt photos, i usually resize to approx 10%-15% of the original size, so it'll be less than 60kb. Oh, are u considering hvg another kid? I'm expecting a singleton, abt 4mths now. :p

Hi Weiwei,
I read your posts also feel very sad... think I'll cry too when I send my kids to cc next time. So hard to let go hor, and worry they won't eat, esp my gal who eats v slowly. Will the teachers spend the time trying to feed the slow eaters or just give up after a while and give milk? I haven't started my kids on vitagen yet, only yoghurt. Are ur boys in cc too?

petals

hihi
happy.gif
wah, another one? by natural or? sorri i'm v kpo.... happy for u leh
happy.gif
happy.gif
boy or gal?

they wil feed e slow eaters as well, dun worri. it's my gal who refused to eat bread and rice, refused to chew.... haiz... just now i was asking e teacher whether they can feed her baby food like porridge, e teacher told me they got 8 mth old and 10 mth old babies in infant care class, all having bread as bf today. feel so shame, 8 mth old baby can eat bread but my 20mth old toddler cant chew!!! no choice, hav to train her frm now on,no spoiling... no no!! my boys are with my mum and they hav 2 maids there, so nt for cc yet. maybe wil enrol them next yr when my gal s more settled.

hi weiwei,
My gal likes to keep porridge in her mouth for a long time before swallowing. She takes twice as long to eat her porridge. She's faster when eating snacks she likes, like cornflakes, biscuits. But her total amt of solids not much. So end up a bit of this and that, plus some of our food adds up lor. Her bro is more keen. Oh btw mine's natural. :D

petals
sigh... at least she eat sth she likes, my gal doesnt seem to be interested in any kind of food leh! today my gal at least ate a few mouthful rice and finished her noodles, better than nothing... must cont e heartless way through....

oh, i think maybe ur gal doesnt like porridge but sth more chewy? maybe time to giv her rice?

wah, natural?! so lucky of u!! i also want to b preg again, really enjoy being a preg chic!! i always believe tat we r going to hav a no. 4 naturally but hubby prayed tat he/she wont come in these few years, at least wait for korkors and jiejie go K1. haha....i always think too much...
happy.gif
happy.gif

petals, congrats!
happy.gif
so nice to have a baby again! yup, i am a teacher...in pri school. my gal also very picky with food...not like her didi....rubbish bin, cleans up everything....so the didi is 2kg heavier than her liow...even though when born, he was 500g lighter.

weiwei....u still want to have babies ah? i can't even cope with my 2 precious liow...so probably will wait or just close shop. i think they will eat the solid food once they are ready....hmm...peer pressure there will also make them eat right?

dawn

haha, tat's why dun want it now, maybe a few yrs later
happy.gif
see whether GOD wil giv me some more or nt lor...

ya, i also think they wil pick up all kinds of skills when they r ready. but for my gal, i feel guilty coz was busy @ work never pay attention what kind of food she should eat, at least should let her start to try when she grew teeth.
sad.gif
think she can learn more frm other kids in cc than at hm, hope she becomes more interested in trying solid food and enjoy chewing...

Dawn, weiwei,
Thanks, babydust to u both then! We do give her a little of our adult rice/noodles which she enjoys but usually only after eating the baby porridge as my in laws believe the porridge is more nutritious with all that fish in it.

Dawn,
Seem like our gals more fussy abt food yah? Mine is 1kg lighter. Wah, didn't know pri sch can work until 1am? I thot with the recruitment drive, more newbies shld decrease your workload. Do you work late in sch or at home? cos not v safe to stay in sch.

petals
i think she's really not into porridge. even with rice there are many kind of nutritious dishes mah, try to talk to ur in-laws lor.

ya,agree tat gals more fussy abt food!!! my boys v heavy now, both 14kg+ liow, grandma has hard time carrying them
happy.gif
they eat anything u feed them and my mum has to control their diet so tat they dun put on wt so fast. my gal was 11.3kg 2wks ago, but lost wt to 10.5kg after gastric flu. plus she din eat enough nutritious food in cc as she used to hav at hm.
sad.gif
face nt as round as b4.

dawn, petals... hi hiii...
petals : congrats.. yeiiii.. more babies.. more fun.. more panda eyes.. kkakkaaka...
dawn : must take care of your health ya, wht time do u start working? from morning or night shift e? how come work till 1am, aiyoo.. very "ping ming" le.. make ur boss understand tht u hv small children at home le, and first time mom.
weiwei : boys got good weight hor, grandma must cook very nutritious food. my twins now eating rice like adult oredi, no more special soft rice for them, and they can eat spicy food lor. kekekek.. even when we say "spicy, spicy, no lr", they will nod their heads and say "want". we give and they will rush for water and come back again and "want" again. hahahaha..

deasy
ya, my mum spent lot of time just to prepare food for them.
happy.gif
ur twins so good, can eat normal rice liow.... mine dun knw when can eat rice
sad.gif

3149283.jpg

Dear aunties....sorry for MIA so long....mummy has been super busy recently! And she also forgot how to resize photo. These are photos taken when we were about 18 months. haha...wait when mummy free then will down load photos taken last week when we just turned 21 months.

3149284.jpg

3149285.jpg

Hi Deasy! also long time no hear from you liow. are you coming back to singapore any time soon?
happy.gif

regarding food:
my boy likes rice...basically he likes most food. my girl more picky....most of the food she does not like...think she is trying to be a super model nowadays!
happy.gif

hi deasy, thanks!
happy.gif

dawn, so good, ur gal lets u tie her hair. Mine refuses to let us touch hers...no tying up, no hairclips or even cutting it. Made a fuss at the hairdresser's until we had to stop halfway, so her hair is a little uneven now. Aiyoh.

dawn

hihi, welcome back! super mummy
happy.gif

ur twin so big liow, when r u sending them for childcare? my gal got bitten by a little indian gal last wk, yesterday she herself started to beat other kids in e classroom. aiyo, become more n more naughty nowadays!! i m waiting for a BIG day tat she willing to chew n eat bread n rice.
sad.gif
ur boy looks smaller size as compare to his sis, isn't he? or bcoz ur gal face more round?

petals

this time it's a boy or gal? how r u now? must be very tired being preg n hav to take care of 2 toddlers together.

Petals, haha...my gal is vain...she likes us to tie up her hair. wear sunglasses she also like, kept going to admire herself in the mirror. My hubby and I nearly peng watching her do that.....

weiwei, my boy is actually bigger than the gal, cos he eats much more but gal's face is naturally rounder. I think this age our kids are at they will keep hitting and biting one another one. My twins have been hitting and biting each other almost every day , do yours do that? I have to resort to buying this series of story book "No Hitting", "No biting" etc and going to start reading to them tomorrow. Hope it helps to drill in them not to be so violent! *sigh* sounds like your gal has gotten used to child care centre?
happy.gif

dawn

haha, my gal also like to admire herself in e mirror whenever she saw one. but she wil never let me tie up or even clip her hair. she refused to come to me n keep staring at me for one whole day after i cut her hair few wks ago.

my didi very guai one, korkor is e one nuaghty. he always beat didi. after crying, didi s e one go n hug and call "korkor". didi s more look like a big brother!!
happy.gif
korkor s e one having bad temper, grandma said he s a Junior mummy. :p

my gal adapt to childcare very well, except for not enough sleep.at night no change, she sleeps at 9-10pm, til next morning 7-730am. her nap time became shorter in e childcare. she used to nap 1-5pm, but in childcare, everyone wake up at 3pm. somemore she doesnt fall asleep easily, unless v tired. so i alway let her sleep for extra hrs during weekend and try to put her sleep earlier at night. can see her panda eyes alrdy.
sad.gif
as for her eating, still nt as good as other kids, but had some improvement. oh, btw, she doesn't use diapers unless for sleep time.
happy.gif

weiwei, seems like the toddlers are into hitting stage...sigh.

wow your gal can go diaperless in day liow! that is really an achievment! I tried with mine, still not ready, will wet themselves....how did u train?

dawn

my hometown culture is to train kids off diapers as soon as we can so that e baby doesnt hav e habit of peeing in diapers.
happy.gif
since my gal was 1 yr old, i started carry her by holding her legs and let her pee/poo in a plastic basin in e daytime. after she got used to this, and when she can express out her urge of urine, i start her on potty. u need to keep on telling them: must tell mummy/auntie when u want to pee/poo. be prepare to wash more wet pants and dun be afraid of wetting their pants, after they feel e uncomfortable, they wil slowly understand that it is not good to wet themselves. oh, i still need to remind her by bringing her to e toilet about 10-20mins after her meal or drink. yes, need to mornitor their elimination pattern. as for my gal, she wil poo right after meal, so after each meal, i wil make sure she go to e potty b4 cleaning up e table. however sometimes she wil forget to tell when she s in a hurry to play or with unfamiliar faces. so hav to keep reminding her.
happy.gif

my friend even started when her daughter was 1 mth old. she didnt wear for her diaper at all, even in e night time, she took e effort to get up and carry her baby for urine after knowing e timing. her gal knew how to use potty b4 she could walk!
happy.gif

weiwei, oic. That is a good culture. environmentally friendly and cost saving too! My mum say she also trained me to urine first thing in the morning by the end of 1 month! I guess nowadays got diapers it is too convenient, so no motivation to toilet train them?
happy.gif

How are your going to spend the weekend with her? Do you miss your boys?

dawn

u r right, nowadays not only babies but also parents r pampered with all those convenient stuffs.
happy.gif

for e weekends, i try to follow her timing in cc so that she wont get confused over routines. very often, mummy changes her outdoor play time to shopping time, haha...... of coz i miss my boys, calling them everyday just want to hear them calling "mama".
sad.gif

weiwei, I think really not easy for you to have your boys taken care by your parent( or is it parent-in-law). I also thankful i have parents and parents in law's help to take care of the kids but sometimes prefer to take care of them myself (i.e, if I am not too tired!)

I understand. now even with twins, i wish i can give them equal undivided attention. someone must always help to take care of the other especially when they are cranky....

that is why pple always seems to envy us having twins and triplets....I tell them I really would rather they come one by one...so that i can enjoy them on their own....*sigh*

hi mummies,
just pop by and was surprise to see this thread alive again,hooray!

dawn,
pple always envy us twin mummies, sometimes i will also be thinking if they come one by one better, however at times when they play together,hold hands,talk to each other, i will feel glad that they come in pairs,haha! So contradicting right?

I sometimes feel sorry for them as they cannot enjoy our full attention,must always share with the other. On the other hand, i will think they r very blessed to have a companion of the same age to play with,funny right?

hi twinkle
happy.gif
yes, they are fun to watch when they are nice and pally to one another... not when they fight and try to hit each other.....*sigh*

I just started them at childcare centre this week...3rd day liow...my normally confident and cheerful gal has been reduced to teary and clingy and anxiety stricken kitten. So heart pain to see that, hopefully will get better. My normally cry baby boy, surprisingly cried a little when left there alone, these 2 days enjoyed himself there and even skipped excitedly when getting ready to go to school.

dawn, twinkle2

hi, agree with u that they r fun to watch when they behave well and nice to others, but u wil keep thinking why these little buddies din come one by one when they gather their power to turn ur house upside down.
happy.gif

dawn

wow, ur toddlers finally started their new journey! i think u know better than i how to comfort ur little ones. how do they behave in cc?

Hi dawn,
it will definitely get better, just hang on and stay firm! They will soon like school very much!

your kids r turning 2 soon right?

weiwei,
that's true. and these episode r like a daily routine/event in my house,haha!

But sometimes it's also amusing seeing them fight and scolding each other, i gotta stop myself from laughing at times. There was once when jiejie drop something , then the kpo meimei pointed at her and scold her "see, drop". I can't help laughing cos it was just like me scolding them! So think kids nowadays imitates us very well, so i gonna be more careful in my words.

dawn,
hi there!! lost d website, and busy with games in facebook. hahaha... i just registered my twins to toddler class this morning, they will start in january. then later on daddy complained, "ask u to see only, why so fast to register?" kakakaka... cause he's thinking to get one near our place. the one i registered is near in law's, so i can ask in law to take care of them. huahahah... bad mommy..
anyway, dawn, hubby is thinking of holiday in spore in late dec but i'm not sure yet, its only us and d twins. will let u know if we go, maybe we can meet up this time, together with other mommies?

all,
do you think it is too fast to enter my twins to toddler playgroup class? they will be 23mos this january.

dawn&weiwei,
urs will turn 2 oredi ho. so fast. wht time does d daycare start in spore? until wht time?

twinkle2

haha, ur gals so cute
happy.gif
my kids wil be happy to mop e floor or wipe e table. e only thing s they r actually playing with e mop and wil use up e whole box of tissue to wipe e table. haiz.... ya, must b careful wat we say n do, my gal copy me of saying :"who s tat?" when sb came. my korkor wil scold his maid in his special language which we cant understand at all. haha...

deasy

my kid wil b 22mth old by this saturday. so far my gal s doing fine in cc. it's all up to u lor, but i think 23mth s ok to enter cc as they already understand words and can express a little bit.
happy.gif

wow, u r coming to sin? i want to meet, i want to meet! haha, must tell early hah, i wil b start work in dec but not confirm yet. my gal's cc opens 7am-7pm,mon-fri; 7am-1pm on sat. most of e kids are fetched @5-6pm. how about urs?

hi mummies,
Been mia awhile. Just asking, did u have to be on waiting list for your children's cc? Wondering how long the process takes and can we start in any month or must we follow term/semester?

Dawn, waaa, can understand how heartache u feel when your gal clings and cries. But does she enjoy herself once she's there with other kids? And does she still play with her brother in cc?

Yes, Deasy, would like to meet up too if u r coming here. But may not bring my kids unless can bring my entourage too. Keke... I'm getting bigger and doc says try not to bao-bao my kids now.

wow...the thread suddenly so active!
happy.gif

hi petals, depends on childcare centres...some need to start during official terms some no need. Some have super long waiting list...can be more than 1/2 year to 1 year. Mine had to wait for 2 months plus b4 can start.

weiwei, tinkls,
My 2 kids seem to cry more than they enjoy cc now. But the teachers were telling me once they stopped crying they were fine. In fact they told me the 2 kids love story telling...full attention and glued to the teacher. think it will take time to adjust. My gal last night had nightmares so many times and clinged on to me and refused to be put back to the bed...even when she fell asleep I slowly put onto my bed, the moment she touched the bed she will tense up and cry again...until I picked her up to sooth. so this repeated for 1 hour plus b4 she finally dozed off. *sigh* terrible night....v heart pain to see her so terrified and scared, cos she was never like that.

Deasy,
good good...u let us know when u coming back ok? I will be off to BKK mid dec...
I think there will never be a so called best time/good time to send them....i think the earlier the better leh...if a few months old to infant care, I am sure the kids will not know what is call separation anxiety.

think all singapore cc operates from 7am to 7pm. They are required to do so by MCYS. I usually send mine about 845am. Will pick them up 12noon. next month will put them full day, so will slowly extend to 1pm , than 300pm, 330pm, 4pm...hopefully theny get used to it.

weiwei,
as i know, there's not a really day care here, its just a couple hour for children to enter classes, sing, snack, and then go home oredi. so, its kind like playgroup class. my twins will start at 815 and finish at 1015, thts it.

dawn, petals, weiwei,
surely will let you know if i come.

i think anyform of classes, even 2 hours is good for them. They are starting to get active and easily gets bored at home! think they enjoy interacting with other kids....

Hi Weiwei & Petals,

How are you? Have been seeing you guys post but just no time to write...... my twins are 20mth now, very active and handful....

I also like to send them to daycare but HK don't really have such good and clean school like Sin, choices are not many, good ones are very far and very costly!!! easily S$2K per child! Have also register them for school next year but can you imagine no English and Mandrain, only cantonese school and they are charging S$700 per child and only 3 hour per day. Just to let them get used to school life and more discpline before i send them back to Sin for school. Planning to send them back to Sin for K1 when they are 4 years old.....

Petal, you mention that you are getting "bigger", you mean no. 3 is coming ah..... wow! then congratulation!

Keep in touch and hopefully can meet up with you when i'm back in Sin for CNY. Weiwei and Petal, can you send me your contact to my email add at [email protected] so that i can call you when i'm back.

petals

i think u need to start searching or registering ur twins for cc alrdy coz always got long waiting list. some good and cheap ones need to wait up to 1 yr for a vacancy in their cc. better start now.
happy.gif

dawn

oh, ur kids r on half day only hah, okok. i think they just need more time to adjust. they should b fine soon.
happy.gif
my gal has been sick n coughing for about a mth alrdy
sad.gif
luckily i havnt start work yet, if nt dun know wat to do alrdy.

deasy

agree with dawn, any form of class will help e little ones to slowly adapt to bigger group of ppl and also learn to interact and socialise among themselves. kids learn different skills frm peer as frm parents. am looking for a suitable cc/playgroup for my boys as well. they r still at home and i feel it's e time to send them out.
happy.gif

theresa

hihihi!!! welcome back
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

wow, i think Sin has e best and yet e cheapest childcare in e world. even in Aus, although they hav fullday programme, e kids r left alone most of e time and they charge around 50-70 dollars per day! in my hometown, most of e cc only take in kids 2.5yrs old and older. we hav those 2 hrs program, but it is expensive. no matter wat, we hav to bare with e cost and start them earlier.

u r coming back for CNY? okok, good! i hav emailed u my hp no. and do call me when u r back.

hi dawn/weiwei,
Yah i know what u mean abt waiting list. I just started calling a few ccc. Some don't even have waiting list and tell me can register for 2011! Aiyo. Found one with vacancy but quite exp leh, so still thinking abt it. Dawn, u also stay in NE, which one do u send ur kids to? Who helps to send your kids to cc?

Theresa,
Hi hi! Nice to hear from u! I'm running out of things to do with them, they get bored easily and always want to go out. How about yours? Do you bring them out much? And now no. 3 on the way, so i'm not as active too.

Oh, just went to the annual w/house sale at Tampines st92 and bought quite a few tops for our toddlers. Has very cheap carters and oshkosh clothes from NB onwards. I think many mummies buy them and resell online. Cos pretty carters romper dresses and single pc tops going for as low as 3 for $10. Today till this Sat only.

weiwei,
It's at no. 43 Gimmil bldg, at the industrial estate behind tampines safra. 9am-8pm. U going? I've been there last yr and bot lots of stuff. Bot lots today too.
happy.gif
Girls carters wider range than boys, and a lot for under 2yo. But i can still find tees for 2T, 3T, 4T, cutting quite small. Oshkosh slightly more exp, but much cheaper than dept store.

Hi Petals,

Congratulation! So this time is a boy or girl??? Is this a IVF baby? When are you due? Can give me your tel. no, will contact you when i'm back during CNY.

My twins also getting very active and especially my girl, she is really a TV QUEEN! She will ask me to on the TV once she gets up in the morning but will try to distract her to do some other things but sometime she just insist on it! Luckily for where i'm staying is like a resort area and are very kid friendly, they have quite alot of things to keep the kids entertained, 3 indoor playroom, about 6 outdoor playground, swimming pool and lots of gardens and park for me to bring them for walk or cycling..... but can really be tiring for me to do that everyday.

Take care and hope to see you soon.....

Hi theresa,
No, this was a surprise...it will be a Di Di this time. Will pm u. My kids also like tv a lot...sigh, don't know how to wean them off. It helps them to eat their porridge faster and keeps them from running around the room when I'm trying to put them to sleep.

weiwei,
Did u manage to go to the w/h sale? Bought anything?

Back