(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

cao mei...
don't think have big big banners lah.. last year one oso don't have... except the poor banner outside the expo hall :p

sale is confirmed... so see u gals...

BTW, I will be stationed at the women section so after ur kids shopping, you gals can drop by and say hihi to me :p
(paiseh, still no news of styles available yet)

Hi crocs fanz out there, i would like to get myself a crocs shoes too. However was wondering if it is slippery on wet tile floor anot. It always give me a feeling of that it is slippery when it rains when i look at the base. Pls advise me. I bought a look similar croc shoes type for my boy(don't know the name lah but cost me only 7 plus, perharp wind surfer or what). It is slippery when it rains. Not sure it is becos it is chiong one or it is naturally like that.

Good morning ladies,

these few days seems so quite, hmm.. everybody is so busy meh? Anyway, mommies who're going to chiong the Crocs sales tmr, see u all at 945am at the entrance of hall 4A?

Tiwi,
Hmmm,not sure slippery anot but so far my gal yet to feel or feel slippery when wear during raining.

Since the sale is so cheap might as well get 1 pair let him wear and try lor.

rjkj,
Ya very busy leh been OTing since monday luckily 3 weeks ago I apply tomolo leave or else sianz.

i got to work tmr :-( can someone help me to get a pair of dora crocs c8/9, if it is available at the sale? my gal is crazy over dora now.

rkjk, garfield...yesterday i reached expo at 11am, saw the q I fainted heeee...in the end did not join the q...how abt u all? manage to get anything?

twendy,
Ytd when I go there in the morning I didn't see any dora design though.

Peng,
Ya I got total of 3 shoe bu 1 pair is help my frenz get btw we were there till 12pm+ why didn't u call us?

Today there were dora design. Managed to bought a pair of thomas caymen and kid santa ruz for Wayne. total we bought 11 pairs of shoes including those we help our friends to buy.

Queue for an hour to go in and 15 min to make payment.

yoz mummies,
finally it's over!!!!! survived the last 4 days... today lucky can work from home or else going to die...

Hope everyone is happy with with buys and the shopping spree.. the crowd is definitely larger than last year...

Hi Serenemeow, xing ku ni le. I decided not to buy the shoes and oso had a lunch date so din go for the sales.

Bbgal,
What happened yesterday? Why unhappy leh.

I was on forced leave yesterday & got mixed feeling of joy & guilt. I went for a hair cut/treatment/hydro-bath/facial all within a day, but lied to my MIL I was on MC.

I knew she wouldn't have minded if I told her the truth but my fear is words flowing to my SILs there where tongues will start wagging.

strawberry,
cos some ppl stab me at the back on friday when i on leave not my department ppl though and then the kenna scold by my superior.

Morning mummies

How's your toddler's night sleep? Is he/she ok? My boy is very jiat lat. Wakes up 2-3 times a night. Sometimes makes bad dreams so kicks and yells.

morning strawberry

school holiday starts today liao.... must start planning activities to occupy some of Ashley's time...

As for sleeping, usually weekday nights, Ashley will sleep through from 10pm to morning when we wake her up... However, on weekends when she plays too much, there are times when she will have dreams and "dream-talk" the activities that she had earlier. The other day she shouted " go and take...kick the ball"..haha..I think her brain is too active liao..

bbroom
ya, school holiday starts lor and din go overseas for holiday. So have to plan what to do. Have searching the cc's website see have any activity or 1 day tour for him. But can't get anything.

Zhe Lei also will make noise if he plays a lot in the day time. Now he like to make complain a lot. When I refuse to let him plays something, he will go to complain to his dad. That day he came to tell me "Ah mah naughty girl. She dun see tv and see my computer. I angry!" Faint!

Orrrh... thanks peng, no wonder! Yah last nite we changed bed sheets. He got so excited, he jumped and hopped all over the beds until his whole head was so wet. We thot he wld sleep sounder after so much active exercise so din stop him by force.

Then we are in more troubles. He's always active past 7pm. Guess I wld need to use more books and Barbie VCD for him after 8pm.

But one plus point is he will fall asleep aro 10:30pm, improve by half an hour liao. But I got to accompany him to bed by 9:00pm.

bbroom, yah loh tats why I suspected daytime something happened over my MIL place. Owen got bad dreams for the past few nites and same thing he cried "kah kah!". Dunno what is it that wanted to bite him leh so curious.

Strawberry....usually after 8pm I will prepare him to bed, bring him to bathe then have his last btl of milk then go to bedroom read books & listen vcd, by 9.30pm off to dreamland liao
happy.gif

strawberry
Yap, my girl also have same behaviour when she's sleeping during those days when my mil go 'crazy' on them... my girl will yell, 'no no no, dun want dun want.' in the middle of her sleep. feel so sad and helpless for her.

sleep: i'm hopeless in getting them to sleep... my children loved to wait for us to come home, so, they can play with us, and we are talking about 11pm and midnights. and sometimes they can stay up all the way until 2am!

i usually will prep them with a BIG book of nursary rhythms and songs which, helps them to get into the mood. i usually too tired to finish all the songs in the book, i will fell asleep and the 2 children, (4YO and 3YO) will try to wake me up and hitting me hard... well, usually can't work on me. then, they seek out for anyone who's still awake... if not, they will sit beside me or my mil, and fell alseep themselves.

strawberry,

for us, reading book helps Ashley to settle down and sleep better.. But try not to let him watch TV before sleep..According to PD, watching TV will stimulate their brain to be more active..
listening to songs maybe ok..

my girls always insisted switching on the tv with their chosen movie... they usually fall asleep watching them.

hi jane,
we stopped letting her watch TV in the night...coz initally when we let her watch, she didn't want to stop watching..unless she falls asleep while watching them..
after that we decided that we won't turn the TV on ..only until she falls asleep then we will watch TV programmes or DVD.

so before naptime, we'll usually play some games or read some stories to her.. basically spending time having some activities with her until around 10pm..then she'll take her milk and she'll say goodnight to us and go to bed..

it has since become quite a routine in the night..

Thanks mummies..

peng, yours is perfect, YH is really shaped properly. Guess oso maybe bcos your daily schedule is more regular whereas mine is inconsistent, we reach home between 7:30pm to 10pm depending on wat time my hb reach my MIL place.

Jane, whao your kids sleep so late! Thot mine was v late 11+pm tat no kid here can beat him.

bbroom, yah guess is true oso, TV is partly to be blame for his activeness.

Last nite I got violent. He refused to sleep and again play on the bed after all my efforts of reading so many books and trying all methods through talks to tame him down. I reached my limits so ended up smacking & pinching him to tears loh.

Worse of all, when he cried and wanted my love and when I din wan to give in immediately so asked him to stop his cries, my hb came in & carried him away. Is that telling him "mummy dun love u"?

Strawberry....but if u are in the middle of 'punishing' Owen n ur hb just carry him away n leave the room, u may give the child the wrong idea : Mummy is 'bad' Daddy is 'good', if u are the one who tuck him to bed every nite, is best that u are the only one 'in charge', do not let anyone interfere or else he will think that you are easily submissive to him and may think : "well if mummy punish me again I still got daddy" kids are smart...u know wat I mean
happy.gif

yah peng, I sms my hb yesterday to explain so he din interfere much liao last nite. Infact he sided me (kekeke). It was much better partly also bcos Owen seems to know his behaviour couldn't get him any much better bah. It's always like that, there is bound to be one sunny day after a few stormy nites
happy.gif

And I really stick to my rules last nite, no VCD, no toys, no jumping on the bed and sleep juz tat he lied down at 10pm so dragged till 11pm before he entered dreamworld.

Hmmm... I m wondering any kid here can color within picture? Muz b very kiang if he/she can do so.

Any mummy going for the "I can Read" Open house at Kovan this Sat? It's between 10am to 4pm. Juz go there and request for an "Assessment" for your child, it's free.

Nope, my kid, still can't color within picture. colouring yes, but, in big strokes.

I agree with peng, because both my kids will run to other two adults which is either my hb or mil if i punish them or worse, not punish them, sometimes only removing them from bath which they wanted to play longer in the water (at night!). Like last night, i'm already frustrated over my mil's accusion game for bring all my kids over to my parents to play for a day that will make them sick, which all of them aren't sick or feverous as she claims. Then, this 2+YO here wants to bath (and play with bubbles) because my hb made one basin full of soapy water in the bathroom.

sorry, got carried away... anyway, this is always what happened, if one punishes, the other will come in and carry them away... even if we tell them don't do that, they will not listen anyway... dunno what's the point of me around at the first place.

hi strawberry

Ashley enjoys colouring a lot.. she can colour the pictures fully. She would rather colour beyond the lines that to see white colour areas in the picture. however, she is gribbing her crayon/colour pencils/magic pin instead of using the pincer grib to hold them. Still trying to correct that... Apparently she has more strenth using her current method thus she is still reluctant to change it..

btw, anyone watching the barney show this weekend? I'll be bringing Ashley to watch the 2pm show this Saturday..
Saw the papaers today that hi-5 is also coming but they have changed all the casts in the Series 11...

Jane,
Understand how u feel but sometimes u just need to stand firm or ur kids will treat u as a paper tiger and eventually no respect for u as they got other helpline.

Btw some mil r just unreasonable so try bear wif it and talk to ur hubby about it.

Hey bbroom! Hi5 & Barney are Owen's favourites! Where is it held leh? But den we thot of going Kovan aro 2pm so there's a clash..

Hi Jane, mine hor usually will cry for my love and wanted me to carry whenever he gets notti & made me scolded him at my MIL place, but bcos I cannot give in to him immediately, so everytime my MIL will force carry him away. I find it hard to voice out to my MIL nicely not to interfere so now I tried not to discipline him infront of my PIL, but I guess he knows how to distinguish my expectations between MIL house and his own house bah.

And hahaha.. Owen oso likes to play bubbles & won't get out of the tub so I stopped using bath tub for quite a while oredy. I make him stand to bathe though until now he is still very screamy when water got on his face. I must gah-gah-lai, quickly spray and wash away soap on his hair with water. These days he has thot of a way, always pressed his head against me so that if I washed him, I washed myself as well.

Hi jie mei men, how have all of you been? Long time since my last post here. Hope everyone's fine.

Time really flies. Soon my 16 weeks of maternity leave will be over. For those of you who've not seen a pic of my boy, here it is:

2525717.jpg
2525718.jpg
2525719.jpg
2525720.jpg

Life with a kid is tough.. But life with 2 kids can get u ki siao, esp when it's time to put both of them to bed, and both wanted your attention at the same time. Walau, can die leh.. Sometimes really feel it's luckier to be daddy than mummy. Agree?

Caomei, take it easy.. Try to close one eye with regards to ils.. Easier said than done of course. If closing one eye can't do the job, close both! Better still, shut your ears as well. Irony comes when you've always been the disciplinary master, and they the ones "chong huai" the kids, but in turn they point back their fingers at you and say you spoilt the kids! Hahaha, talk about ils our dear garfield will have lots to say .. hahaha..

garfield, don't forget you supposed to arrange gathering at your place hor.. wo den ni.. hahaha..

Hi doggymum,
Ur bb is so cute n chubby.
I totally agree with u, life with 2 kids can really drive u up to the wall. Both want ur attention. Sometimes really dun know to take care of the big one or the small one 1st

Any mummies going to the motherhood exhibition?

Hey gouma, how time flies. U said not too ready for number 2 and see now your ah boi so big oredy. Alyssa looks happy & she sure loves her di di, look at her happy face. Yalo, nite time really tough. U hv a maid to help up?

bbgal, looking forward to your "open house"
happy.gif

doggymum
both your kids so cute... liked the picture which your gal is hugging her brother.

Yah you are right, nowadays, i tried to shut both my eyes and ears... and discipline the kids behind closed doors or when alone with them.

garfield, owenpie
talking to hb no use... some mil is simply one kind... let's dun talk about her, it spoilt my beautiful morning.

i tried to shower my kids instead of using the tub too... which usually works when i blow gigantic bubbles out from my hands. sometimes, my 2YO will pull out her little tub, and request explicitly that she wants her tub of little bubbles... then, there we go again, she will have a very long bath time.

Aiyo doggymum, ur ah boi is so cute & chubby.. Next gathering muz bring him along, k?

Garfield, arrange gathering at ur place this month lah.. now sch holiday for many kids, so easier to go mah..

Christine,
Hmmm,this mth huh 15th June lor as I on leave and K sch is close.

Anytime after 11am cos need to sleep in.

But my house quite empty so the chair might not be enough hor.

LingX2
I thought of going to the exhibition, but not too sure if it's worth the effort leh. Not sure got any good buys there this time round.

Caomei & Jane
Yes, Alyssa loves her didi, which is very much to my surprise cos in the beginning, she really resented her lil bro. Now she always like to carry him, but then leh, where got strength? Imagine a 10kg kid carrying a 6.1kg bb? Yes, 10kg.. I've got a super underweight gal
happy.gif
And maid, nope I do not have one. See if I can "dong" without one when I'm back to work again.

Christine
My ah boi indeed a lil chubby now. Can't tell he was a preemie born at 2.345kg right? Sure will bring him lah, if there's a gathering
happy.gif

garfield
15th June is a Mon leh, how to go? I can go lah, but those working mummies sure buay sai.

doggymum
it is good that Alyssa love her brother.
My first 2 children fights with each other and still is (now aged 3 and 4) although not so much nowadays as they consider themselves playmates but, still not all things they are willingly to share with each other. However, both of them love their brother (4mth) so much, that they always try to carry him, whch they can't.

Doggymum
ya lor dun know got any good deals at the exhibition. Maybe I will go during the weekends so can leave my kids to my hb. Hee! Hee! By then, he will know......:p

Hi mummies

Anybody heard of this school "TOTS HOUSE"?
Is it a private kindergarden?
How is it?
Wat is ur opinion of tis school?

Doggymum,
Ya it a weekday so please working mum dun clobber me hor.

Will organize again after this weekday gathering first but not so soon but won't be long as well lah.

Back