(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

hi serene
me oso 1st pregnancy. so far any MS yet? me have been a merlion after every lunch and dinner everyday this week liao...morning oso got urge but try not to cos taken folic acid so dun want to waste it. me gg to see my gynae first time next week...hear the MTB's experience makes me so excited and looking forward.

Welcome Serene ! & congrats !!!

sigh.. first thing to learn hor is how to 'tong' the MS lor...

i feel super cold in the office today, keep feeling hungry but dun feel like eating, everything also taste awful...

Starmoon u good leh still can control ;)
i also try to control, dun think of it. i lagi worst leh cos got phlegm, i tried to spit out the phelgm but so scare the food als out.. so can u imagine how terrible is it to have the phegm but can't get it out...

ok gals take care going home to rest liao

lilcat, come to think of it, i feel the same. hungry but dun feel like eating. i crave for tasty things like nasi lemak, meesiam. for a long time and i wun forget abt it till i eat it finally.

anyone's chest growing already? bras feel tighter?

hi jessp, just realised that i typed wrongly.. it's the babycenter webiste vs the chinese website.

valc, me me! can feel bra slightly tighter now... but i took out those cloth ones which i wore during the last prenancy.. so abit more comfy...just that more room to grow into :p

dumbger, u can claim pre-natal check ups up to $450 from medisave. just have to keep the original receipts when u visit the gynae now for up to the amount. but hospitals will usually off set that amount off the cash that you will have to pay them at the end of the delivery.

hi MTBs
i just came back from my checkup. did a scan and managed to see my bb's heartbeat!! my hubby and i are both very excited. EDD: 13 Nov

congrats bbroom!! i'm also going for my 1st appt tomorrow. v excited too.

jannie, can you believe it i still wearing nursing bras till now even tho i stopped 2mths now. it's so comfortable. all my prepregnancy bras are so uncomfortable i dunno how i used to wear them.

i think there is a list of edds and hospitals chosen somewhere. we shld update it.

update?

<table border=1><tr><td>S/N No.</TD><TD>NICK</TD><TD>MTBs AGE</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>GYNAE</TD><TD>HOSPITAL </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Beloved</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2nd Nov</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Serene</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2nd Nov</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Oleander</TD><TD>tbc</TD><TD>3rd Nov</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Papa_mama</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>3rd Nov</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Blessed</TD><TD>30+</TD><TD>5th Nov</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MT A </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>JacJen</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>5th Nov</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Joanne</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>6th Nov</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Starz</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>7th Nov</TD><TD>Dr WH Kee</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>bbroom</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Nov Mum</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11th Nov</TD><TD>Dr MT Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Peacegal</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>12th Nov</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>jlyn</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>13th Nov</TD><TD>Prof Tay</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Little cat</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>MT E </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>ValC</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>tbc</TD><TD>WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi Valc,

Can update mine for me?
happy.gif

I am 27 this yr, EDD is 7 Nov 2006, my Gynae is Dr Esther Ng SY and hospital is Mt A

Thanks

hi valc

can update for me too???

i'm turning 30 this year, EDD is 19 Nov, gynae is Dr L C Cheng and hospital is Thomson Medical Centre (TMC). Thanx much!

my sil birthday fall on the 20th and our ROM falls on 21st so hoping that bb comes out either on these dates. kekekek....

hi little cat
for me i'm opp...feel hungry and will haf to look for things to curb my hunger. no choice leh cos i dun want to waste the folic acid so for me morning meals muz try to tong and not let it come out. muz haf been super hard for u since u still got phlegm and can't get it out...maybe can go see doc to see whether can take medicine to diffuse the phlegm? me feel got alot of air inside...everytime after eating sure got alot of air to burp out. i'm staying away from curry cos i hate to throw that up and can't stand the taste when gotta throw up but yet i still crave for it leh...yesterday wanted so much to eat laksa but scare will throw up so didnt eat.

hi all, please keep all your receipts for your antenatal checkups coz. yesterday the clinic nurse told me to keep all the receipts as we can claim $450 after delivery. but yesterday me and hubby counted..we oredi paid around $200+ liao.

Hi ladies, i am new to the group! my frd recommend this forum, so that i can learn more about motherhood..haha let me introduce myself, i am 26, EDD: 06/Nov/2006, Hospital Mount E, Gynae: Dr SC Chew. i am on hosptializatio leave (due to excessive vomitting), will need to go back to work on Monday... sianzz....

jannie, bbroom
oh, so i'll jus keep the receipts...but how do i go abt claiming? and those hospital packages too, can part of it be claimed from medisave too? tot i saw so on the hospital's website.

ValC,
me too, bras seemed tighter now. but i dun think it's my chest getting bigger but that my boobs are sore so it swelled a little. :p

dummger, i think just have to pass the receipts to the admission staff when u check in for delivery. a portion of the hospital package can be claimed from medisave.... not sure how much though.

serene.. my last scan was at 6 weeks 5 days... heartbeat was still too faint to hear.. but can see it flickering on the screen.

hi gals,

normally for 1st time appointment, wat will the gynae test?? i m now in 6weeks. how does the gynae scan for the sac n heartbeat of the foetus??

went for my 1st appointment ti morning. gynae can oni scan the waterbag... he did vscan but also can see the waterbag. Gynae said by another 2 weeks shld b able to see the foetus. A bit disappointed.. m looking forward to see my bb...

updated.

<table border=1><tr><td>S/N No.</TD><TD>NICK</TD><TD>MTBs AGE</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>GYNAE</TD><TD>HOSPITAL </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Beloved</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2nd Nov</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Serene</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2nd Nov</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Oleander</TD><TD>tbc</TD><TD>3rd Nov</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Papa_mama</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>3rd Nov</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Blessed</TD><TD>30+</TD><TD>5th Nov</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>MT A </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>JacJen</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>5th Nov</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Joanne</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>6th Nov</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Rain Sim</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>6th Nov</TD><TD>SC Chew</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Starz</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>7th Nov</TD><TD>Dr WH Kee</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>GingerCat</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>7th Nov</TD><TD>Esther Ng SY</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Dumbger</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>8th Nov</TD><TD>VP Yong</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>bbroom</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Nov Mum</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11th Nov</TD><TD>Dr MT Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Peacegal</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>12th Nov</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>jlyn</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>13th Nov</TD><TD>Prof Tay</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Starmoon</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>19th Nov</TD><TD>LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Little cat</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>MT E </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>ValC</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>19th Nov</TD><TD>WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

starmoon, see you at the delivery suite or the wards. hehe ;)

poohger, your fren with the 2 kids, does she latch on to feed or express? i had to express for my 1st so it was v time consuming. dun think i can do that with my 2nd. she better latch on or starve. no time with the other son.

Hi ladies,
Need some advise... I use the home test kit and it show that i am preggie. What do i do next?? Go to GP or Gynae to confirm?? So confuse...

Hi Ladies,

Me too, I've just use the home kit last friday and it's positive..
What should I do?
Can go polyclinic or must go to a GP or Gynae or any woman clnic?

I drank some kind of chinese medicine bout 1 week ago, coz I often can't go to toilet, it's some kind of laxative/slimming tea which makes one go to toilet, and the box did say pregnant woman cannot drink.

After I drank it, I have pain and cramps for that 2 days and occasionally now.

Also, pregnant that time can go perm hair or do rebonding or not ah? Will affect anything?

Sorry.. but I'm very blur and doesn't know much..

Dears Mummies

I went for my official first appointment last saturday. It was amazing... My foetus is already 2.1cm big and we can see the yolk clearly.

I cry out when I see thru the scan how it is trying to catch our attention by stretching its little hand and moving its backside. First time I see my hubby tear out too.. Now one thing for sure... everything that I had lost becos of this bb is worth it... Must take real good care.

Mummies, is blood test very expensive? And what is the test for?? I spend $220 last saturday because the nurse told me inclusive of blood test... And any advice how can I control my body shape now till end of May? Now a little desperate... cos my wedding gown side have many problems. Any food I cannot eat? I was wondering if I can drink coconut juice cos I am feeling heaty over my body.

hi, good morning mummies... i'm back..
kao_smile.gif

welcome to all the new mummies.. alot of "new-comers" hor.. all catching the last min "train" to be doggy-mummies ar..
kao_welcome2.gif

littlecat, yupz, my MS too too terrible for me to tahan last week.. plus was on leave &amp; on mc for a few days... so gone MIA..

anywayz, last friday i went for my 2nd checkup.. doc confirmed my bb to be at 8 weeks.. he/she is 1.73cm.. n very strong heartbeat..
kao_happy.gif
its really an amazing feeling when you see the bb on the small black n white monitor lor..

re claiming medisave for pre-natal &amp; delivery charges hor.. its claim of up to S$550 for pre-natal consultations.. n up to S$950 for delivery (normal delivery only).. for c-section n other type of deliveries got other amounts.. just keep ALL the receipts, n when you "check-in" the hospital during delivery, give everything to the admissions nurse.. i think they will help you process all the claims..
according to the nurses at my doc.. they say on an average, for normal delivery at TMC, 2 days stay for both mummy n bb (include doctors delivery charges, management fees, baby's expenses, etc..) it will cost close to S$3k.. out of this, can claim up to S$950..

hi everybody !

welcome all new mummy !

sigh, my MS is getting worst ... want to cry also no tears...

think i can't hide anymore in the office, everyone see me so "sick"... so not the tummy give away is the sick look.. haiz..

i lost another half a kg... i can't take much during dinner time. Before i sleep normally is very hungry - more like lots of acid in there, but i can't take any milk, somehow can't tolerate the taste and the after effect... so have to tolerate the hunger and close my eyes to sleep..

it is lunch time, not sure what to eat leh... *waaaah* feel like want to cry!!!

may be go take jap food... more 'ching' not so oily...

for those new mummy, u can go GP to get the suppliments like folic acid (very important) and wait till like 7 or 8 weeks then see gynae. Or u can go direct also lah, but dun get disppointed if got nothing to see just the 'sac'..
but i know u gals can't wait so long
happy.gif
it is normal lah

hi jacqueline, qianhui. congrats! no need to re-confirm at GP.. home pregnancy tests are usually accurate enough. like what littlecat suggests, go and get folic acid quickly... can buy off the shelf at guardian pharmacy also.. 5mg tablets. unless u feel discomfort or have spotting... best time to see gynae is ard 6-7 weeks (what my gynae told me).

littlecat, my MS also getting worse.... cannot stand the smell of anything.... appetite hasn't been good too.. but just forcing myself to eat.

gingercat, u should ask the nurse what the blood test is for. i never had blood test so early before. i know that for extremely early pregnancy, some gynaes will test for HCG level to confirm your pregnancy. but since you can already see your fetus... dun think it is that test, right?

hi valc
thanx for updating the chart
happy.gif
only realised we had the same EDD. so you went for scan liao? me gg for my first appt this friday...so excited. haf you checked on the package at tmc? my sis told me last time she spent close to 10k on her pregnancy. and dat was like 4 years ago so wondering if prices got shoot up anot.

hi qianhui
well some ppl say can some ppl say cannot so i say it is really up to u. if you feel comfortable doing so, den go ahead. for me, i rather not risk it so not doing and eating lotsa stuff now. think u better go see gynae and let them know abt the cramps due to the forbidden tea so at least can put your mind at rest.

Hi! Can add mi into the chart too?

i'm 26 tis year, EDD's 18th Nov, my gynae's Dr. Caroline Khi from TMC.

i went for a scan last week n doc managed to detect my bb's heartbeat... but i'm still feeling worried everyday leh... anyone like mi? Keep worrying if my bb is alright?

Hi Mummies

Jannie, just now I call the nurse and they tell me it is to test if my blood is normal or abnormal. If normal, it means baby is healthy. I also do not really know what is the test for. All I know is take blood and test. The clinic told me blood test is S$105. Expensive...

Qianhui, for me I feel cramps too... this means your womb is expanding ( according to doctor ) but if you feel uneasy, can go and visit a gynae.

greybear, I am worrying for my bb everyday too especially when I had bleeding 2 weeks ago that scared me out. Now I just need to make sure that I am taking enuff rest and care, my nutritions intake. Baby should be no problem. Still cannot help it, first time being mummy... of course excited. My hubby also very excited and early in morning and night, he will definitely put his ears against my belly and says morning and nite nite to the baby.
happy.gif
I know it is a bit early... Hahaha!!

Hi GingerCat!

Mi too! i had slight bleeding 2 weeks ago too... went down to gynae and she stay mi to stay away from heavy stuffs and.. intercourse.. haha... no medicine given, but the bleeding went away by itself.. nearly scare mi to death.. coz my hubby's not in town.

Hi Jannie, yeah me too... now no more block nose so i can smell alot of thing :'( and that trigger MS more... the worst is if someone eating lunch in the office with aircond, the smell just trap there.. oh my god!
i have some spare mask (those thin type) in my bag, anytime can make sure of it !

eh gingercat, u hb so cute one! when i pg my first one my hb also do that and even wake up middle of the nite ask if i am hungry, and i remember that was once he so happy even smile while he sleeping...
starmoon, so expensive ? is it normal pg or with any complication ?
Qian hui, pls avoid those tea. if u have taken previously b4 u aware tat u PG then no choice lah but now better dun take. if u have constipation problem drink prune juice.
as for what food to take and not to take, i believe taking in moderation loh..

btw i just had japanese food for lunch and i ate sashimi..:p oops i know they said shouldn't take but i can't find anything i feel like eating... but if u really want to take choose those from restaurant at least u know it is clean/hygine...

Hello mummies,

Good afternoon, I long time no log in liao cause was busy with quarter end.

Congrats to all the new comer!!

Hello Gingercat,

I have joined you to be a SAHM from next week onwards. This job is too stressful for me and after discussing with hb and my parents, all supported me to quit and rest at home.

Hi littlecat,

Me no better than you just no vomitting. Dun feel like eating anything and I hate noodles. I am eating sushi now cause it can open up my appetite.

Sometime i hungry until feel like fainting but still can't force myself to eat. Dun know what to do.

Oh, I did not keep my receipt leh. I spend abt $500+ liao leh. Think from next appt, I am going to start keeping.

littlecat, i dont know how to check private msg leh... hehehe.. i know i "gong"..
kao_sticktongue.gif

but last week i was feeling exactly like u lor.. u cry no tears, i cry until my hb so scared of me... i think it got abit better this week cos i had reli reli good rest over the weekend.. n *crossing fingers* it will remain like this for the next month lor.. dont think can tahan anymore "roller-coaster MS" liaoz...

i also find that japanese food is most "appetitising" to me now.. esp the cold noodles.. cos weather hot, plus my office aircon down.. i keep taking cold stuff.. abit worried cos all the "elderly" tell me not to take cold drinks at all.. but now bo pianz, if not cold, i cant take in any liquid at all...
kao_sad.gif

nov mum... so shiok hor.. be SAHM.. like that will see you more often here lor...
kao_wink.gif

hi Nov_mum, wow how i wish i can also be a SAHM..
i did talk to my hb, after this one i want to stay at home lah... hope things work out fine then i can be 'yellow face wife' after confinement :D
i took urgent leave last friday cos really can not tahan so stay at home sleep like a pig...
will try to find more of such opportunity, cos anyway i can't go any holiday this year might as well take leave to rest at home..
hi Starz, to see your private message (PM) i realized u just need to logon to your yahoo/hotmail, depends on which one u use to register your 'iceystarz' login ID. hehe i also dun know one, but i got cc a copy to myself so i know how to go view the PM lor..
poor starz, and that poor monkey (your hubby lah)my husband also monkey same year as me, he bor chap liao lah
we must tahan another few more weeks after we are in 2nd trimester we should be fine liao !!
aiyah got eat cold food better than no food in stomach leh...
i feel like eating now... start to feel the acid coming out...

nov mum, you can check with the gynae / clinic that you visit. they can probably reissue receipt to you since nowadays receipts are usually computerised.

today just told my boss about my pregnancy (some close colleagues know oredi). he congratulated me and suddenly he became health advisor..tell me how much weight to gain during with month, etc..

littlecat &amp; starz,

no need to envy me. Cause just survive on 1 income, got to really save and cut. No shopping and etc for me. And it will be bored after a while.

I hope maybe can find a temp job after 1st tri. Dunno ppl want to employ or not. If not, I will stay at home until delivery then look for a perm job.

bbroom, is it? ok, when my appt comes, i will ask the nurse. thanks.

nov_mum, i know what u mean, after awhile u will be sian... for me if is after confinement then is fine, will be busy with baby...
dun worry too much, some tips on saving is to get 2nd hand baby clothing, 2nd maternity clothes...
i know we all very tempted to go shopping for baby stuffs, but some can really be saved, dun buy too many, they outgrow fast.
then instead of going for movie rent a DVD at home to watch, i know young couples tend to spend lots of money on movie and going cinema is like wow so expensive! hehe i am the older generation lah.. very lor sor one

littlecat, ya, i will get 2nd hand maternity clothes from my friend. And I intend to check out Yahoo auction for 2nd bb stuff. I dun want to spend too much.

Hmm, for me I long time no watch movie liao. Most of the time I watch VCD or Tv. But got to cut also else waste a lot of electricity.

Think I will go my mum house, or surf net a while, sleep, go market, cook dinner etc, should occupy me whole day..hehe

nov_mum, eh go auction is it cheaper?
u can try this website, they are selling 2nd hand stuffs:
http://www.babytown.com.sg
anothers tips for buying baby clothing is dun go shopping center to buy go hdb neighbour shop to get baby stuffs, very much cheaper. anyway they only wear few times one so no need to spend lots of money on that.
wow u even safe money on that ! I salute u !
yeah and u can go libray to borrowsome books, no need to buy hehe...
also off the power for tv, fan, radio, vcr etc hehe my hb very good in this.. sometime i got so mad thot the TV is spoilt at the end, aiyoh he off the power liao..

Hi littlecat,

not to sure if Yahoo auction is cheaper but definitely cheaper than first hand. Ok, will go check out this website..thanks..

hehe, good idea to go library. Think I have lots of things to do even if not working. So long refrain from Shopping should be ok, can save.

hi gals,

do u hav symptoms of gastric pain.. i hav gastric pain once a few days.. normally happen when i getting hungry.. nowsaday get hungry easily..

went to scan last Sat. Oni see the sac. It is oni 0.5cm.. Isst the norm size as currently i m in 6 weeks.. doc say mayb 5weeks plus oni.. I m quite worried actually.

serene.. i think normal leh.. mine was also abt 5mm at 6weeks 5 days and doc did not say anything. oh.. but mine is the fetus is 5mm.... sac means bb? or...?

Serene dun get too worry no good for baby, just relax first lah. 5 weeks plus is still small it will change one.
as for the gastric pain is it the 'heart burn' ? when u have too much acid in your stomach and it flow up in a way, normal for PG woman. take some light food.

hi all,
AF suppose to come yesterday until now no sign but i saw a patch of white discharge on my undies...dunnoe what is tt? iszit too early for me to test now? i am still crossing my finger...

Back