(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

hi mummies,

for the past 2 days, tricia slept at 1 am, both me & hb are zombies, and i'm v busy at work, cos qtr closure and take over a portion of the work of a colleague who's leaving...
last nite, cant tahan it, left her at my mum place...

Invitation Cards
================
wow, you mummies are really v solid! still got invitation cards. but they look v nice. i'm a lazy mummy, so no invitation cards as i'm inviting only immediate family members and few close friends.

hi <font color="0000ff">pups</font>,

u are not alone. u still got book chalet. i'm celebrating at home (maybe at the roof garden), i have ordered the b'day cake, buffet/goodie bag have not ordered/buy yet.

hi {doreen},

u poor thing. agree with pups, maybe u want to get a small cake (off the shelf) for ur PILs to cut.
as for bbq, if held on 2 days, v xiong leh...

finally, to all the bbs and mummies, who are sick, do hope that u recover soon!!

Esther,
thank you. I was told that the stuff will arrive S'pore this Saturday, hopefully no other delay then I shall be able to get it by next week.

Your invitation is very nice too, like magazine cover.

Vivian,
I think I'm really party all the way to Oct, after this round, I have to get ready for my 2nd boy birthday next month. Then in Nov, have to shop for present for X'mas, haha... got excuse to do shopping.

Jenny,
Poor thing, you must be tired. Btw, the pooh candles that you mentioned no more stock already.

Ladies,
there is this Chinese tradition that when baby turn 1, we give some items (calculator, pen etc)for them to choose. My mum asked me have I get those things ready, I'm so busy also forgot what are the things to prepare. Anyone doing this??

Gemini

Thanks...

Littlekid

Yep.. i am doing it too.. then when kylie turn one, i placed a drumstick, calculator, storybook, pencil/ruler & money
She took the pencil/ruler, play a while switch to the storybook then take the money.. she's not interested at the drumstick wor.. i think i am more interested in that than her.. heehee...

haze,
What is required and what is the meaning of each items? My mum also tell me about it but she oso dun noe much about it.... can share?

Saw someone posted in another thread with pix... not very clear but each items got tied a red ribbon one.... (calculator/xuan pan), angpow, soil, books etc)think usually the first picked item symbolise their future career... something like tat.

I am think of letting A pick during his lunar birthday day.

Haze,
ya, those are the things but I didn't put storybook, I put dictionary. I remember my 1st boy took money, the 2nd boy took calculator. You did it on their lunar birthday or actual birthday? We will be doing on his lunar birthday which is next week, aiyoh, I must remember to buy drumstick..

Grace

I am not too sure about the meanings..my MIL say next time Kylie will be very good in studies coz she took ruler and pencil.. drumstick means she will have no worries in food and living.. calculator meaning their future job will do with accounting and such de... the rest really dunno le..heehee...my MIL make sure they take de.. so i have to follow lor..

Littlekid

Yep, i do it on her lunar birthday.. they say it's suppose to be.. =)

Vivian,
I wanna separate the goodie bag but lazy to do so. Wait get confuse with whose bag and whose bag. So I dun care, every bag is the same. Mummies can eat for the bbs.

Grace,
Not me.

Littlekid,
So fast no stock. Forum so li hai, cos Esther post the pics in the bday thread.
I'm doing the chinese tradition thingy. Mine is calculator, pen, $, drumstick, measuring tape. Depends on our dialect, got different things. Will do on Jaslyn's lunar bday. Jolene took the pen.

Ok, got to go. Very busy with work!

Hi doreen,
Dun fret. In-laws can be quite problematic. I agree wif Jenny. It's ur decision, no nd to cater to anyone's schedule. Guests shld plan their schedule ard the occasion, not the host plan the occasion ard the guests' schedule...

Delphine,
Hope Desiree's fever has subsided by now.
Your hubby got injured? Oh dear, hope it's not too serious.

Freshpoison,
The air bag at the front passenger seat can be deactivated, so last time is used to put the rear facing car seat at the front cos i had to ferry Joshua on my own. Now Emma sits alone at the back at times rear facing. She can't see anyone better, at least she wont be crying to be carried out of the seat. haha!

freshpoison,
Not all cars can, not sure about japanese cars but i know quite a few continental cars can. You can check the manual.

calculator - accountant
pen - good in study
$ - business man
drumstick- greedy pig, love to eat aka no worries in food
measuring tape - tailor

957341.jpg

I know these 5 things are the "standard" things for hokkien. But some hokkien friends have other things. Mine is passed down from someone very old.

babygrace,
Not all car's front air bag can be deactivated. At least I know my old car, Vios can't. Checked with Bornea Motors b4. But can get those outside mechanic to do lah, void warranty lor.
Any idea how much is the Sealer L at Giant?

Thanks bbgrace,

Veri mixed feeling ..
<font color="ff0000">baby bliss vs. baby blue</font>
( esp when you already went thru the process )

yesterday night got insomnia haha
crazy.gif

Selina, Vivian, Shirley & Esther,
very nice invitation card.
happy.gif

really pei fu u all, put so much effort for ur lil one. Thumbs up!!
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif

I m sure tat will b a very good memories for all of u & the babies...

Mango16,
Congrats!!
happy.gif

altho 2nd pregnancy, still very excited hor? hehe...

Jenny,
thanks for telling tat we can get those nice nice candle frm those cake shop. at least me no need to go to concourse to get tat.
How's Jolene & Jaslyn today? getting better?
aiyo...u must take care of urself too lel...some more few weeks later u hav to bz wif the birthday celebration hor.
happy.gif

Delphine,
how's Desiree?
u must take care urself too...

Wish all the sick babies fast fast recover...

Mummies,

this morning at 4am desiree's fever went up to 40 degree, rush her to KKH even though last evening has bring her back to PD and again PD said it normal will lasts between 3-5 days for high-low temperature fractuation. At KKH, went through X-ray and bloodtest. results are normal, just some lung infection, no dengue. more medicine for her. haiz.. poor gal...

Mango16

CONGRATULATIONS!! =)

Delphine

You must take very good care of yourself also leh... Hope Desiree will recover in no time. By the way, i may be going down to centrepoint later, if you want me get anything for you, just sms me k...

Jenny,
haa.. I like the statement, "Mummies can eat for the bbs"... hee....

Mango,
Congrats! Your good news have brighten my boring friday!! Congrats again!!!!!

Delphine,
poor desiree... hopefully she get better real soon. Meanwhile, you also take care leh... anything or need to talk, call me lah....

<font color="ff0000">Thankyou thankyou</font>
> > <font color="0000ff">Didn't expect to be sooo fast boh </font>
Now muz quickly whack all my fav oyster and sashimi and have good tiger time wif friends.
After that cannot eat and drink liao heee..

mango,
i can understand the mixed feelings. So #2 is planned?
When i realised that i was pregnant with Emma, i felt really guilty towards Joshua. Somehow i felt that i could no longer give him the undivided attention.

eh... what do u mean after that cannot eat and drink liao? Now pregnant already cant liao right? hee.... anyway, i think a bit still can lah.

Delphine,
Hope Desiree gets well soon. And you take care too!

bbgrace,

Itchy mouth leh...wat to do..simply can;t resist the temptation
I got a very hard time last year ( also din expect to "get" after one mth try )
So this time round muz indulge myself..
<font size="+1">Eat first ..say later.</font>

Selina & Gemini,
I have received our huggalugs yesterday afternoon.

Delphine,
Hope your gal gets well soon.

Mango,
Congrats.

Ladies......hehe
Couldn't post cos hubby keeps using the com at night n he looks in on the posts when I use lor so I dun even come in so he can't see what I write....Hahahahah
But anyway I also 'kao peh' to his face lor n he agrees. "Why can't his parents tell us earlier" n this is not the first time lor they ALWAYS do this. But he always agrees to watever I say only lah he will never complain about them 1.....sigh

Littlekid
I know how much u paid $20 is it??
Hahahahhahahha....Becos last time I book through my company 1 was that price so I can happy happy book for fun n go for BBQ. N since we can't stay I jus give the chalet to my sis n let them have the free tix or leave it empty lor kekekeke
How I miss my ex company benefits man!!!!!!

Pups
I booked using member leh but I see that its more ex then the tanah merah 1 that I like....hehehhe
My inlaws hor they r the kind if they want to be pantang they will lor if they dun want they dun bother kind. So u never know what they want lor. Becos actually for Damien's 1st mth celebration my fil ask me which day I want n 1 of the days include after the actual day. So I tot 1st mth more important ma birthday anyway we celebrate in HK liao jus wanna give D a cake so shun bian ask everyone to join in lor.
Then they give me this kind of prob. Damn sian lor n poor hubby gotta take my nonsense too......kekeke
I so unhappy yesterday I tell him I might not even want cake on 29th liao. Wats the use of having a nice big cake(he wanted 3kg) on 29th when already cut cake on 27th liao no meaning at all lor for me to put so much effort on a cake for show.

Vivian
U know lah my hubby......sigh....yi yan nan jing
Yest he like a fly when I use com so quickly shutdown after checking my a/c nia.
Cos hubby tell me want BIG cake 3kg so I ask him why he tell me all his brothers coming which is 3 bros lah. So I ask him "SO??? So what if 3 brothers all coming alot meh??"

I told hubby lor wat do they mean they will come on both days but dun stay like ying chou like that we only celebrate on 29th leh. N scarly they bring all their majiong kakis who never fail to be at their hse on fri n sat along. I will die big time man.
N stupid hubby always never know what to tell them 1 have to tell him word by word what to say n he will still say wrong n cause me more probs.....sigh...
His is imperial family ma got "yu zhi" nobody can say anything 1 lor. Now the big question mark again lor is HOW MANY PPL WILL APPEAR N ON WHICH DAY.

I think the emperor is the one that decreets to cut cake on 27th 1 which means he likely won't go to the chalet. He is the super proud person lor so CONFIRM got some of his friends around 1. N he will hog D n carry him around becos those pai ma pi ones will keep telling him D looks like him(YUCKS).

Haze
At least u can bochap leh. I wana bochap my inlaws even my OWN mum NAGS at me. WTF

Shirley
Thanx for the confidence.....haha
But I 1 woman lor hard to go against the imperial family n I dun 'talk' to them 1 everything goes through hubby who always gives me the headlines only n I need to ask him like 10mins before the full news finally comes out piece by piece.
I always call him the "wan bao" got all the juicy news only......hahahhaa

Esther
I dun want cos D first cake leh buy lousy 1 to cut aah. Sian leh n if they tell me they buy I can bo chap abit lor but ask me to buy things I dun like is against me lor. N if got abit of turn out jialat liao cos hubby family alone not small liao leh 9 ppl in the hse leh.

Jenny
U so lucky lor. I always tell hubby I dun want to be the dutiful daughter. Everything also complain to me n I do anything also must suit them....sian
Like that day my mum wana get OG card so I drove her there lor. Endup hor everything is I BUY N PAID for lor. Wah lao eeh spend so much money for nothing n I dun even intent to spend 1. BTH leh.
I like the candle you bought for Jaslyn where u buy?? Anyone gonna get can help me get??

freshpoison
Sigh.......I hope so but always dun happen in my case lor even I bochap also got problems......sigh
Now so small celebration also got problems.

MANGO!!!!
COngrats........so you due when?? Same as Shirley n adeline anot??

<font size="+1">Wah didn't know I got so many grouses to say aah n the list still goes on. Sorry for the super long post aah</font>

hi mango,

<font color="ff0000">CONGRATS!</font>
so #2 is a planned one? That day, freshpoison was just asking on whether to go back dr ho for #2, never know that u will be going to see him so soon...

hi jackiejon,

i will pm u my hp#. let me know when it's convenient to pick up from u. thks!

hi doreen,

poor thing, really cant help u much, but if u need a listening ear, just let me know.

ok, going back work, quarter closing..

Hi doreen,
poor gal...relax.
i think i will face the same problem if i hold birthday bash for A.
or else, tell them can't cut cake twice, choice the date u wanna cut cake ba...

congrats mango!!!

i envy all of you preparing for birthdays
i have to keep my boy's one under low profile cos BIL still in ICU in hospital

dun even know can celebrate

Mummies,

Same as you ladies, hopefully desiree will get well real soon. her party birthday planning has been stopped for a while liao, hopefully when she recover i will have in place everything for her party.

Selina/vivian/gracesong/esther/shirley,

Really salute you all muumies, really take an effort with every fine things in your darlings birthday party planning. love all the invitation cards you all have created. it all filled with love and effort!!

Mango,
Congrats!!! the other day still hear you talking about planning for 2nd one and we jia you together.. haha.. BINGO!! Guess for me, i will only think of sleep esp these few days, waking up in the middle of night to monitor her temp. no time to "ahem ahem".
happy.gif

take good care of yourself ya.. rest more..

Hi aspialle,
Dun feel so bad! Actually a quiet celebration wif daddy & mummy plus cake is as memorable... I juz wanna use my boy's birthday as an excuse to plan for a party... Never had that opportunity before.

Mango
Congrats!
too bad our 2nd kid cant have the same birthday again like our lst! haha...
think adeline and shirley due in april so yours will be one month later

I wonder who will have the #2 news next?

Delphine
Hope that Desiree can recover first
u must take care of urself too hor

Aspialle,
Don't be sad... i agree quiet celebration can be memorable...
I will celebrate A 1st birthday, thereafter will be a smaller scale one wih my own family and hb...till maybe his 21st then party again...

Sorry off topic abit, got to "Zhu Ji" , want to complaint abt my SIL/BIL :
My hb sis(SIL) celebrate her children birthday every year till now 18yrs old still celebrate, sometime also celebrate for her husband...
expect everybody to come some more.... very sian... dun wan to go also cannot ... it seems like his bro aso follow...
celebrate their children birthday every year too... my yearly remark will be " birthday again hah?"
but my hb hear already always face v black so got to drag myself there again this year n more to come.....

Actually i dun mind celebrate yearly birthdays for the elderly, but think for children every year celebrate ..like no meaning one..
tot birthday should be only with own family... those people celebrating for them(like me) also feels draggy at times...

hi hi. greetings from KLIA airport. Waiting for my flight back home. flight delay so.... anyway i am super zombie now but happy cos i'm heading home to see my darling. have not seen him for a week. miss him like crazy.

zombie cos after event yesterday, brought our brand principal from Switzerland to eat than foot massage n end only at 3.30am. went back hotel rest & woke up at 6.30am to leave for airport.

TRADITION FOR 1ST BDAY
=======================
I know of the tradition but dunno the exact item. but calculator, drumstick a must. we had a book for my nephew. think bb's choice ultimately also depends on the weight of the item cos initally my nephew chose the book but too heavy so he didnt hold it up n decide to choose another item instead. not sure if i wanna try on caleb.

<font color="0000ff">delphine</font> hope desiree is much better now.

<font color="0000ff">mango</font> CONGRATS!!!

<font color="0000ff">jackiejon</font> can i collect tomorrow? i text you again?

hi mummies...

<font color="ff6000">mango</font>
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">CONGRATS!!!</font></font> that's great news!!! hehehe... u muz b very hardworking hor... just "saw" u mentioning trying nia.. so fast got good news liaoz... Oi, cannot whack tiger liaoz lah... oysters n sashimi (make sure its fresh n from a reputable restaurant) still can... aiyoo.. i so long never taste "tiger" until forgotten how it taste like liaoz... hahaha..
kao_sticktongue.gif

<font color="ff6000">delphine</font>
poor desiree... she sick for so long liaoz, i also feel heartpain for her... hope she recover soon, n meanwhile, u take care hor....

<font color="ff6000">dor</font>
aiyoo... u so "ke lian"... see ur dilemma abt ur birthday i also feel so "wu nai" for u... nevermind lor, as u said, celebrate for D at HK with juz u n hb lor.. come back liaoz, watever they wana do, let them do/plan it themselves lah... u dont do anything anymore lor.... hehehehe....

<font color="ff6000">freshpoison</font>
hahaha...i also sama sama as u.. only wan an reason to throw a party.. since A so precious, so perfect reason mah.... hb wont nag.... i been telling everyone, my own wedding also not so "grand"... hahahaha...
kao_sticktongue.gif

Back