(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

wendy,
my details again: EDD 16 Oct, 30 years old, seeing Dr Christopher Chen from Gleneagles, #1 week 15. 10q
smile.gif
 


today is damn bz...coz the accounting audit in the process.

Hi jenny,
aiya... i dunno tat lao hang jia will giv u try the bird nest lel. tat time i jz 'sha sha' bought the non-sugar one...hehe.
waa...u dare to ignore ur MIL arr? ur hb didnt say anything ?

Hi gemini,
yeah...of course cant put gao l coz gao li is frm Korea. those ppl take it when the weather is cool especially winter time. it's mean gao li very heat one. but pao sheng is ok. chinese pao sheng is 'pu' one and mix well with bird nest.

Regarding MIL, my MIL consider very good lol. She know tat i prefer soup with rice nowdays so she will try to cook different soup during dinner. and her dishes really not bad lol. if she really wanna cook dishes tat i cant eat, she will add another dishes for me. i consider lucky lol coz my mum not stay in sg and i hav to depend to my hb side lol. n i oso dunno will go to visit my mum coz my hb scare i cant stand the long journey (8 hr bus). but i still hope for it lol.
 
jenny
dr ang also never warn me...then took blood test...did ur vessel blue black?...mine went blue black...ur bb like crawling position, n can see gender ar....mine is back faced me...can see spine n face dwn....but cant even few percent of knw what gender...shld hve secretly asked abt gender...my bb is 7.58cm....hw many weeks are u now?...

ignore is better then talk back...but since u go there once a mth or two mths...still not as bad...

jasmine
me nowadays also prefer rice with soup....so no soup i dun usu take rice...lucky ur mil is good...else no family here, can be not easy....
 
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif


Hi hi Gemini..
Oh, 2 wks ago..my SIL said want to eat pork chop, fries &amp; fish &amp; chips for our weekly dinner..then MIL also told both hubby &amp; myself that she will be steaming fish &amp; also cooking soup..so I thot if I got fish shd be fine..even thou most of the stuff are deep fried..usually MIL maybe she dun have the habit of preparing the food (like cut vege b4 hand etc) so she usually got to start cooking earlier..that day, she started cooking at 4pm..we are supposed to have dinner at 6pm lah..the best part is becoz she dun like to use the hook (as in the xi-you-yen-qi) &amp; I hate the deep fried oily smell coz I find the kitchen has very poor ventilation so usually I will get hubby to pull the kitchen sliding door to prevent the smell to be leaked out in the living room..then came 6+, dinner is not ready yet..i was like..getting hungry..so never mind..endure alittle..dinner finally ready at 7pm..I think bcoz she already no time to cook the rest of the food, so she skipped the steam fish..end up, all is deep fried stuff..when I take 1 slice of pork chop up, OMG, its all soaked in OIL! I was like..quickly pass it over to hubby..can tell from hubbys face that he dun want to eat also..but no choice cannot be put back..so no choice lor..that night I hardly eat much..immediately aft dinner..MIL started cleaning up the kitchen area &amp; washing of the pots etc..can u imagine, she can clean till 10pm also not done leh..was supposed to mop the floor coz very oily..but I just tell her to go &amp; rest &amp; do it the next morn since shes a housewife coz its really quite late lor..i just tell her that I will put on rubber slippers when I m going to the toilet in the middle of the night..wow..so I learnt my lesson, if shes going to cook such oily stuff, then I will rather eat from downstairs coffeeshopcannot stand lor..<font color="0000ff">sorry ahh..I have wrote such long post</font>

Hi hi Angeline..
At least ur MIL can take comments lor..i doubt my MIL can accept it..anyway, as much as possible, I will try not to eat when MIL is cooking even thou we are staying together lor..cannot stand lor..shes not using the hook..

Hi hi DeeDee..
i think for 1st child..as long as baby is healthy..then thats the most impt lor..u will surely dote one..

hi hi Jenny..
yeah! As long as baby is healthy &amp; growing well..thats the most impt lor..oh, u dun bother to tell ur MIL ahh..why not leh? Me no intention to tell my in-laws abt the gender even thou this is their 1st grandchild..till baby is out in Oct then tell ba..more LIVE forecast..haha..so nice to hear that u can see babys spinal cord liaoso sweet..heehe..wow..baby is 8.32cm ahh..so cute..heehee..do hope to hear the gender of ur baby soon..keep us posted againcheers~

hi hi Selina Ang/Janice..
Okokwill update ur details in the chart.cheers~

Hi hi Jasmine..
Very nice to hear that ur MIL is very understanding &amp; thotful also..at least she will cook u additional dishes if theres anything that u cant eat lor..so nice of her..i dun think Jenny ignore her MIL ba..just more of she just do whatever she feels is correct &amp; no need any special attention by her MIL lah..

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
 
<font color="ff0000">October 06 Mother-to-be
kao_welcome2.gif
details updated on 25 April 2006</font>


<table border=1><tr><td><font size="-2"><font color="ff6000">NICK</font></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><font color="ff6000">EDD</font></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><font color="ff6000">MTBs AGE</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><font color="ff6000">GYNAE</font></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><font color="ff6000">HOSPITAL</font></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><font color="ff6000">CURRENT PREGNANCY STATUS / # WEEKS</font></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><font color="ff6000">Gender</font></font></font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">edksd</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">28 Sep</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Yvonne Chan</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">shirlin</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">28 Sep</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">25</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">ESH</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">#1 / 17wk</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><font color="0000ff">PRINCE</font></font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Vivian </font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30 Sep</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">28</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Chen Chern Yi</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 1 / TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><font color="0000ff">PRINCE</font></font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Vicky</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">2nd</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Yvonne Chan</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Babybenmen</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">2nd-4th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">24</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Han How Chuan</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">KKH</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 1 / TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Lee Tung</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">4th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Crystallised</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">4th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Chan</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 1 / 16wk</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Gemini</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">6th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">31</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Ho</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Mt Alvernia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 1 / TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Shirlin</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">1st_2nd week</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Heng</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Jasmine</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">8th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">29+</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Koh</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles Hospital</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">#1 / 15wk1d</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">wtan</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">8th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">26</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Koh</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Raffles Hospital</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 1 / 15wk+</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Lena</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">11th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">misterygal</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">11th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">29</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr A.Woodworth</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 1 / TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Wei Kuan</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">12th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">28</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Adelina</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">KKH</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 1 / TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Dee Dee</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">12th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">24</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Yvonne Soong</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 1 / 15wks</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><font color="ff0000">PRINCESS</font></font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Doggiemummy</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">13th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Fong</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 1 / TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Twins</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Coral</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">14th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Tony Tan</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">KKH</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 1 / TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><font color="ff0000">PRINCESS</font></font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Jenny</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">16th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">27</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Lawrence Ang</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 2 / TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Selina Ang</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">16th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Christopher Chen</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Gleneagles</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 1 / 15wk</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">janice</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">16th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">31</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Lawrence Ang</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 1 / 15wk</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Delphine</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">18th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">24</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr A.Woodworth</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Mt Alvernia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">#1 / TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">May</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">18th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr L.Ang</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">luckyme</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">3rd_4th week</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Chihiro</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">20th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">31</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr A.Woodworth</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 2 / TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">babygrace</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">23rd</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr HK Ho</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Mt Alvernia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 2 / TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">babe76</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">23rd</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Cherrios</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">23rd</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">25</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Mary Rauff</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">NUH</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 1 / TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Freshpoison77</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">25th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">29</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Ho</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Mt Alvernia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 1 / 13wk+</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">smileybaby</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">26th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Prof Tay</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">SGH</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">jackiejon</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">27th</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">31</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Tony Tan</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">KKH</font></TD><TD><font size="-2"># 2 / 13wk+</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Beloved</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">31st</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Maynn</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Chin Chin</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Wendy</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Adelynn</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">sidasta</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Evonne</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Heng</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">Carol</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">23</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Dr Chua Yang</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Mt Alvernia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">TBC</font></td></tr></table>

<font color="119911">**
new.gif
in the chart: Selina Ang &amp; janice</font>


<font color="ff6000"><font size="-2">Check out Chong Yee &amp; Wendys LOVE story: http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfriendly/0,4139,90542,00.html</font></font>
 
Hi ageline / wendy,
yeah... she is nice to anyone. i think she put a lot of effort in cooking lol. last time she even cook prawn mee, chilli noddles, duck mee once and a while. but now she stop. u know why? coz all my SILcomplaining tat after ate all those food, all gain weight. they said their family member all big big size oredi. especially my hb, he love his mum cooking. after their complain, my MIL oso seldom cook those special food, she nowdays only cook simple dishes. hahaha.... hmmm, my mum is the one dunno how to cook coz we stay with my aunty and my mum have her own duty. cooking all handle by aunty. sometimes my aunty not allow, my mum will cook lal. but my brothers oso said my mum cook not nice. of course lal, she not use to cook ma... so, i quite comfortable with my MIL cooking lol. (oo..yea, she last time even hav a small stall and sell food in caanteen).
wendy, i think i understand jenny situation, sometimes don't talk much and be 'ke qi' is better lol.
so, r u taking blood test on ur next appt?
 
my MS still on going. but so irregular now. cannot predict at all. threw up just before lunch n scared a neighbour out of her wits in the toilet... hahaha...
lol.gif
she actually screamed...
kao_embarrassed.gif


wendy,
10q.
kao_kiss.gif


janice,
hello... looks like at the moment our edd is the same, same with jenny too.

to all mtbs,
try not to take too much chicken essence or chicken soup (chicken or black chicken with guo qi zi &amp; red dates). dad made me drink it every other day during my first trimester cos i need to go for blood test every week so he scared i not enf blood. now i coughing n phlegm... quite terrible especially when i still suffering from MS... every time cough will cos vomit spell... take note...
uhoh.gif
 
hi hi Jasmine..
i very envy u leh..it's really very sweet to hear that ur MIL is very understanding &amp; u are pretty used to the food that she cooks also..can see that she really put in lotsa of effort in cooking ba..which is really gd to hear..oh, i m not taking bloOd test..i took mine when i went to Camden for the NT Scan liao..so dun think i need to take ba..heehee..
 
Hi mtbs,

I am back... hee... nothing new actually... still super bored...
esp. when I already gather all my mood and decided to go out walk walk... it started to RAIN.... sigh....
everyday just hope to feel something from my bb...
but nothing leh... bb keeping very quiet inside these 2 weeks...

So many posts... aiyo... now topic is abt birds nest ah...
Me never take before leh... but my mum pass me a few bottles of those normal ones to me... i haven try yet... maybe tonight lah...

Selina, you now 15 week, your gynae still uses v. scan ? Is it supposed to be clearer then what we had on our tummy scan? I thot now bb should be big enough to scan from outside liao ah??

Jenny...
I totally can understand your feelings... my hb also same as yours liao... my hb after seeing is a boy also got no feeling ah... like dun care like that lor... every scan he accompany me to is just like nothing of his biz like that... bth...
I keep complaining and now he a bit proactive coz I told him I am giving him the priority task of finding an english name for his son... while I decide the chinese one... so now he has been borrowing library books to find names... but all he like one so obit... eee....
But sure is good to see him so involved for the first time.. haha...

doggiemummy... i feel the same as wendy too... where are you... miss you here... hope everything is well....
happy.gif
 
Vivian, ya lor. I also dun understand why he keeps using the v scan. I oso thought tummy scan will do but seems like he likes to use v scan. Clarity wise really varies from machine to machine. He has 2 consulting rooms, 1 machine in each room. The machine in the main room is clearer but I always get schedule to the lousy machine...
kao_sad2.gif


hope he will start using the tummy scan next week when i see him. using v scan always just see bb's back. cannot c the face.
 
hi mtbs
I am back too
happy.gif
i got marked for taking too many MCs ... :p
My boss buay song me liao so I didnt dare to log in till now, was on MC last Friday for my hyperthyroid and yesterday cos had headache (due to stiff neck) and LS (due to milk powder). Today need to face his black face all day long .... sigh.

Oh topic on bird's nest now?? hehee I am lost liao. I found cheap subsitute for Bird's nest. I heard xue ge (hashima) and the fu zu yi mi (bean curd skin and barley) dessert that Cantonese like to drink. These 2 has good effects on the baby's complexion too.

"Hashima has been a precious tonic of the royal family in many dynasties. It is derived from a kind of frog found only in the chilly mountainous areas in Jilin Province, Northeast China. This frog diets on chinese ginseng and other fruits found in the area. Therefore it is very strong physically in surviving the chilly weather of Changbai Mountains, known to have 5 months with temperature below -20 degrees Celsius, without food. Hashima depends only on protein found in its own body during winter when it enters into hibernation.Hashima is rich in protein, vitamin A &amp; D, unsaturated fat and various types of hormones. Its nutritious value is as good as that of birds nest."
 
Selina, you got ask him why dun do tummy scan instead? coz think you are the first i heard is still using v scan leh... i heard of using v scan for the first few weeks but after that, all uses tummy scan liao... esp. when v scan can only see bb's back....
 
Hi Selene ang,
i knew that the chicken soup cant take too much lel.. too 'pu' liao. my MIL used to cook that soup for me twice a mth. i think tat shld b enuf lol/
why ur gynae still use virgin scan? me only use virgin scan when i'm 5 weeks prg and gynae wanna make sure i'm pregnant. aftertat, he never use tat coz he said since can see bb thru tummy scan, no point to use virgin scan.

wendy,
yeah... she is nice. but i feel tat ur mum oso put a lot of effort when u pregnant, hor? even my sis pregnant, my mum oso not so 'gan qiong' lol. 1 thing is she dunno much about these things and both my sis learn frm ppl one. especially my 2nd sis, she dun hav mil and my mum stay far frm her, when she giv birth, she hav to do all the things on her own. pity her lol.
aiya...sorry lel. me write so much. wat i wan to say is we still very 'xin fu' lol. cheers ~~~
 
Vivian, I intend to ask him next week. Also v scan the inserting part a bit painful lor...

I read about NT scan here. what is it? also wat is OSCARS test? does everyone pg woman have to do the test? How different is it from the Triple A blood test that also tests for Downs?

What is expected in a detailed scan? When is it usually done?
 
hi vivian

Feeling better, thanks. Guess most of you have done the Triple Blood test. I am going to do mine this Thursday. Will get Dr Fong to see the gender too
happy.gif

Babies are playful, kicking each other. The babies are getting "smarter" now, kicking at the center (near my belly button) so I don't know who's the culprit
happy.gif
 
Hi Selina,
Ya, now 3 of us same EDD! but my 1st scan indicated 17 Oct. Heard EDD will keep changing ah?

U r rite, cannot anyhow take food with herbs. Might be harmful to bb. Read somewhere that even herbal tea also cannot anyhow take.

Hi Wendy, when i took the OSCAR test, gynae took ThReE tubes of blood wor. So i freaked out when Jenny said gynae suddenly asked her for blood test. I think i no need also?
uhoh.gif


Hi Vivian, your hubby cares lah. Just dun know how to express. Otherwise he wun bother to go to gynae with u liao. Now he's very ON on finding a name for bb cos he's directly involved with the task!
 
Hello to all MTB

Hi Coral

So Dr Tan gave you Obimin &amp; calcium. By the way, is obimin iron tablets?

By the way, when is your next appointment? My next appointment will be on 17 May. It was suppose to be on 6 May but due to polling I change to 17 May.

I noticed from the chart that you are expecting a gal. How come so fast Dr Tan can already scan for the gender?

Regards
 
Selina, good to ask him lah esp. it is making you uncomfortable.
Regarding NT scan, it is Nuchal translucency (NT) scan in full. That is a scan of thickness of the fluid at the back of the bb's neck. This is done usually between 11 to 14 weeks. The purpose is to check for Down Syndrome. By check NT itself is not entirely accurate, so usually we do a blood test plus NT scan to see if the risk is high or low for DS case. OSCARS is the term some hospital use for the NT scan plus blood test. something like a package together. The MTBs here some did OSCARS, some did just NT scan and blood test. They are all the same and for the same purpose. Maybe just the fees difference... hee...

Here's a link abt it:
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/scans/nuchalscan/?_requestid=527126

These tests are optional actually coz some couple prefer not to test as the results will not make any difference to the couple as they want to keep the kid for better for worse.

As for detailed scan, I believed you are talking abt the 5th mth scan... that scan is to check on bb's details such as long bones, organs, heart etc... definitely more detail than the normal scan we had.

Hope these info helps... dun worry too much... you can always check with your gynae too... he should know all these in details...
happy.gif


Doggiemummy,
I have done my triple test. Everything is normal. I think yours will too...
happy.gif

So glad to hear that your bbs are playful and smarter... haha... playing with mummy liao... so cute... mine still no feeling... how I wish my bb play with me now.... at least i know he is ok inside... my next detail scan still have 2 weeks more to go... aiyo... so long.... wish my bb can kick me right now.. haha... but think hor.... my tummy fats too thick liao... sound proof everything... haha....
 
Janice, my scan actually indicated much earlier date but 16 oct was given by the doc and everytime i asked he always says 16 oct...

Hi Vivian, think your HB same as mine. always the boh chap attitude one. but he knows i mind his attitude so he trys to show enthusiasm which i dun mind... better than nothing... Guess your naming task will keep his engine moving n bz...
 
Hi doggiemummy,
welcome back!! which milk powder o took? i only can take anmum. got 1 time, my gynae introduce me anothertype of milk powder but i LS after took it. they said is boz of lactosa.

hi jackiejon,
acording to gynae, obimin is multivitamin and contain iron and shld be taken at nite or after dinner.
 
vivian, thanks for the information. i'm told i need to do a blood test for downs during my next visit which i will be in my 16th wk. will c wat the doc does next wk then ask him a lot of questions to make my $$$$ worth... hee hee hee... cos i hardly have any questions for him...
 
hi ladies... many postings here tdy... not feeling v well. nausea and the usual stuff.
sad.gif


but so happy to hear tt doggiemummy say her babies getting smarter and kicking at the ctr so mummy dunno who is naughty. keke
happy.gif
thats so cute. most of us cant feel baby movements yet.
 
Hi janice,
My blood test only took once leh... but she store half in 1 tube and another one in another tube coz I think i doing the full blood test together... which includes HIV, rubella etc... so separate into 2 tubes...one for DS, another one is for HIV, rubella etc... but draw only once... pain leh... cannot imagine 3 tubes for you... *shiver*

haha... for my hb to accompany me to my scans, is becoz before that he din go with me and then my gynae asked how come my hb din accompany me, and asked if we got any problems isit... so funny... like a marriage counsellor like that... haha... then she decided that i should fix all my visits on sat so that my hb can come with me... she very sweet rite? hee... as for my hb... he got no choice... haha....
 
Vivian...
think they fighting for space in there
happy.gif
i got thick tummy fats too
everything i get kicked near belly button area, i will ask "who kick me, A or B. Quickly own up. " Hubby will stare at me as if i have gone crazy... hahaa

Jasmine...
I taking "EnfaMama" the only one I can find at NTUC. But I have lots of fresh milk at home so i mix the milk powder into the fresh milk. that's why i go to the toilet more often... hehee
 
Hi Selina, how come u're doing vaginal scan?? I've never done that, only normal ultrasound scan leh.

Hi Vivian, i remembered gynae only poke the needle once but blood was separated into 3 tubes (each tube is like the length of my little finger). Didn't dare to look, scared will pull my arm away by natural reaction. Another MTB before my turn also had 3 tubes of blood drawn.
Not pain leh, felt like an ant bite only.

Ya, your gynae very sweet. At least let u have saturday appointments, so u dun have to rush with hubby and he got no excuse
proud.gif
.

Hi Doggiemummy, your bbs so cute! So good to know that u can feel their movements. Ya, alot of us still dun feel anything yet leh.

NTUC at my place sells EnfaMama and also Anmum. If u scared LS, u can try HL milk. Think is lactose-free.
 
Hello mummies,

I have one colleague who did the V-scan once, and datz cos her womb's introverted or something. But now it's back to the normal scan le.

As for the Oscar, I opt out cos HB said whether it's good or bad news, he wants to keep the BB. Just did my triple blood test last Sat. Din know it's so expensive -_-" the same price as the Oscar test... My first time drawing blood too, din even dare to look. haha

Read all the comments on bird nest, now feeling apprehensive abt taking it liao... HB heard it's good for BB and hence bought the concentrated bottle one for daily consumption. Should I stick to daily feed or just 3 times a week at most?
 
Today I have my appt with my gynae, I am in my 16weeks.
She only give me neurogain, multiV(obmini) ans calcium.
When I ask for Iron, she told me I do not need it at all because the MultiV(obmini) already contain iron.
Is this true? I am getting very worried as most of u pp here already start taking iron.
How I know I not enough iron?
Is it necessary to take it and what will happen if not enough? Pls advise.
Anyone taking obmini MutliVitamin? I cannot see any IRON stated on the label at all.
Pls advise or it use another term?
 
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif


Hi hi vivian..
Nice to hear from u..i guess u shd be able to feel more of babys movement when ard 20th onwards..u shd start taking some tonics if possible..maybe starts the bird nests ur mum gave u ba..so sweet to hear that ur hubby is making effort to check out boy-boys names from the library books..so sweet of him..also gd to hear lor..

Hi hi Selina..
I think v-scan is clearer leh..did u check with ur gynae why is using v-scan instead of tummy scan? i suggest u check with him ba on ur next appt..i did my NT Scan (90% accuracy) betw wk 12-14..i think can only do the scan at this period..if not, u can opt for the Triple Test which is abt 60% accuracy..

Hi hi doggiemummy..
Oh, u got to take extra care lor..rest more..thks for sharing with us abt the useful info on Hashima..really appreciate it a lot..thks! haha..so cute, ur babies..kicking u in the centre..haha..so sweet..oh, u doing ur triple test ahh..i believe u shd be able to tell the genders by this appt..do hope to hear from u..do take extra care..cheers~

Hi hi Jasmime..
Thks for sharing with me..but its rather nice to hear from u also..thks! I guess it also let me know that I got to do my own homework as well..cannot always rely on others..also widen up my knowledge when I read up also..me also drinking Anmun-1...but hor..i sometimes drink then sometimes didnt drink lor..not very gd leh..heehee..

Hi hi Janice..
Wow..u took 3 tube of blood ahh..me so far drew 1 tube during the NT Scan &amp; 1 tube earlier to test for the HIV test..how come ur gynae took so much?

Hi hi DeeDee..
U mean retroverted womb must do v-scan meh? Me also retroverted womb so at 1st when I am at my 6th wk, the 1st gynae I went to did a v-scan for me..but later during my 7th wk, I went to see my current gynae, thats where he use the tummy scan for me leh..ever since then, I m using tummy scan liao leh..


kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
kao_wink.gif
 
hi hi weikuan..
me also taking that multivitamins..but my gynae didnt give me iron pills also..think got to check with my gynae at my next appt ba..how's ur appt today? did u get to see baby's gender? heehee..must be very cute to be able to see baby hor..so ur next appt is just nice, during ur detailed scan..wow..
 
Hi Wei Kuan, I did a blood test (antenatal test) at 12 wk. it tests for rubella, hiv, sugar level, haemoglobin level, white blood cells etc. it's from tis test that doc found i was anaemic (which i already was pre-pg) and had to triple my dose of iron supplement. he didnt prescribe multi for me though. guess prescriptions varies from doc to doc. a lot of my friends also just had multi. so dun b too worried.

Hi Doggiemummy, so nice to have twins. best if 1 boy &amp; girl if for me. then can stop factory liao. but not so lucky leh. so cute to be able to feel them... guess a lot of us have to wait a while more b4 we can experience that wif our bb.

Janice, I really dunno y my gynae still using v scan. i must really ask him next week

Hi Dee Dee, I can fully comprehend your fear. I've been going for blood test every week during my first trimester n up to now I still scared to look at the needle. I always turn away. I realised experience of the nurses count alot. I once had my arm poked 3 times cos the 1st the nurse did not poke properly so cannot draw enf blood, 2nd attempt poke totally no blood then had to change nurse to poke then got more than enf blood. my arm bruise like mad that time... so painful.
 
Hi Dee Dee,
So r u going to take the detailed scan?? My hubby also said wants to keep bb no matter what. I did OSCAR which cost $200. How much was your triple test??

Hi Weikuan,
I took ferrous fumarate (iron tablets) when i was 5 weeks pregnant. Got it from the polyclinic. When I went to TMC gynae, he told me folic acid is enough because BB dun need Iron at the early stage (but i'm not sure till which stage). So now I'm only taking multivitamin called Provit. Just finished my folic acid. Anmum contains folic acid too.
 
Hi Wendy,
I dunno abt clarity cos I've nv done the tummy scan yet. No comparison. Will check wif him next wk n let everyone know the reason. I also wanna find out y myself.

My gynae nv mention abt NT scan only said Triple Test. B4 coming to this thread, i gong gong so whatever he says i ok lor...
 
Hi Wendy,
i also dunno y gynae took 3 tubes leh. But the MTB before me also took 3 tubes. So guess it's normal ba.
uhoh.gif
Hopefully no need to draw blood for the whole pregnancy liao
proud.gif


Hi Selina,
Your encounter with the nurses really scary.. They think not pain ah?! Gynae was the one who drew out the blood for me. Ya, really depends on the experience of the person. Reminds me of my primary school dentist ***SHIVERS***
 
Hi Janice,
I think the detailed scan is the Fetal Assessment? I am going for it at the 19th week, another 4 weeks more. As for the Oscar, i din do it, cos they are charging $300+ for it. The triple blood test already costs the same... since triple blood tests' the same, so i only did the blood test, din do the Oscar.

Hi Selina,
Poor u... I am quite lucky cos nurse very experienced. then HB was there to joke to distract me. When it was his turn to draw blood. i look away and joke that the nurse can draw blood from his face if cannot find vein on his arm. hahaha
 
Janice,
Blood test to test for HIV, Hep B etc lor. This one is compulsory as stated by MOH.

The detailed scan will be carried out at TMC. You can "shun bian" arrange for a hospital tour on the day for the detailed scan.

Tonics should be taken in moderation. Dun take too much. Food like durian also dun take too much. Cos durian is high in protein and sugar, and can cause bb to be on bigger side.

Jasmine,
Oh the sample not available at every outlet. Thats what the sales told me lor. It just happened they have samples with them and she let me try lor. I'm thinking to buy the 5+1 bottles at $690 by end of this month leh. The sales said can take 1 bottle each time, finish then go collect the next bottle. Fresher lor. But a bit troublesome hor? I'm thinking to look for ppl to share the 6 bottles.

I just one ear in, one eat out lah, not really ignore MIL, but seldom go back lor. HB understands, so he won't force me. In fact, he told me what his mum said can ignore if I feel not logical lor. HB said we are different generation lor, so can't click. My MIL's style like those oldies staying in kampung style, buay tahan! And she is super pantang type.

Angeline,
No leh, no blue black. Just a red dot nia. That time, Dr Ang got "warn" me abt the blood test leh. Anyway the gender cannot really confirm lah, so hb chose not to know lor. Dr Ang said 14 weeks, but I calculate is 15 weeks leh. Dunno why he always calculate 1 week later than me.

Wendy,
Aiya tell MIL I'm preggie, so what? Anyway she won't give me special treatment lah. She can see with her own eyes and "realise" I'm preggie when I go back this Sat. If she still can't "realise" I'm preggie, also can't help. The tummy is big liao leh, dun tell me she blind or wat. Anyway my hb also dun bother to tell her. He also said she can see with her own eyes hahaha...

doggiemummy,
Take extra good care of yourself. Kena marked also no choice, most impt is your health and BBs.

Haha you are so cute. Now name your BBs A and B!

Vivian,
Most gynaes prefer hb to company wivies along for checkup. You see, pregnancy is not wife's business only. Hb must play a part too.

Wei Kuan,
Yes, the multiV contains iron le. Dun worry, I'm only taking Multivitamins. No other stuff.
 
Dee Dee,
If you are doing the triple test, then you should opt with the OSCAR test, so that the results will be at least 80% to 90% accurate leh.
How come you are doing your detailed scan at 19th week? The best period is 20th week leh. May not be able to scan clear enough during the 19th week.
 
Oh yes, MTBs, I MIAed this afternoon cos I was damn sleepy. And worse did my work wrongly, and worse worse worse, I even knew I did it wrongly! Wah liew, what a day! So after lunch, decided to take leave to rest. After resting, I went to Chinatown to walk walk. Came across this maternity shop at People Park at Level 3. Quite nice and reasonable price. You may be interested to check it out. The name of the shop is called Belly Basics.
 
ya... detailed scan should be done after the 20th week according to my gynae's schedule... i'll be doing it on the 20th May.. which i should be 20wks+ already... deedee, you may wanna check with your gynae again o/w waste money for the inaccurate info..
the nurse said the detailed scan is good.. all should go for it.. as it will scan if your bb have any *touch wood* heartbeat/brain/hands &amp; legs deform/defects, any clef lip etc.. if any of the above, esp heart prob, have to delivery with specialist and ICU str8 after..
 
jackiejon
u can get the fish oil pills from guardian....i got my neutrogena fish oil fr guardian...oni 29.90....

jenny
mine turned blue black...till now since sat still greenish....mine din really hurts when poked...but after poked, pain cmes like blue black pain....if i were u, i sure will wan to knw...even not cfm....at least got a bit knowlede...hee...

doggiemummies
u sure will be excited to knw their genders....how nice to have twins....
 
Wei Kuan
I am taking Iron tablets and no Multi-vitamins. Cos I have bleeding history, the iron is suppose to replenish the blood lost and unless the test shows you have not enough blood, the Multi-vitamins is enough. I am taking the multivitamins from the pregnant lady milk powder
 
thanks for all of you here, at least I am not so worry now.
yes, next mth is my detail scan on the 24/5/06.
yesterday I did not scan , only hear the heartbeat sound.
the detail scan still have to wait so long..........
 
Angeline,
Maybe Dr Ang didn't poke at your veins, hence caused blue black. My hb said hor, actually Dr Ang quite choy lor when doing blood test. I told him "aiya, Dr Ang is famous for choy lor one lah, wait till he does the cervix test, more painful!"
Haiz... now I quite regret not to ask for the gender leh...
 
jenny
is it?...is he known for chor lor?...the other time he did cervix test...i tot is i low pain threshold...so is him....*faint*....yeah..shld have secretly ask dr ang...then ur hubby dun knw u knw abit....
 
Hi Jenny and Angeline,

What is Cervix test ah?? Dr Ang never mention about it leh..When did both of u do it?? He known for chor lor?!! ARgh..scaring me..
 
hihi all,

Just went to doc cos i have been having diarrhoe since yesterday, 5 times le. Doc says I am down with Viral Infection and gave me some powder stuff to wash everything out. =(

But Bb's fine I guess, everything is normal.

I think my gynae got me to do the detailed scan on 20 May 06, probably cos by that saturday, i will be nearly 20 weeks le. and so far my scan are all very clear, can see features and baby's limbs clearly. datz why she 90% sure that BB's a girl even at 14 weeks only. >.<

My colleague has stopped using the V-scan, cos now BB growing normally and the womb has moved to the center le. Quite coincident that we are good frens and she's only 6 weeks later than me in pregnancy! =)
 
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif


Hi hi Selina..
Okok, do hope to hear from u..do share with us when u see ur gynae the next time round..maybe ur gynae feel that no need to do the NT Scan for u ba,,thats why only mentioned to u the Triple Test only

Hi hi Janice..
Hmm..i guess this is the only time u need to draw blood for the test lor..i m sure gynae must have reasons why he drew out 3 tubes from u..so by ur next appt, u shd be able to know the results already, right?

Hi hi Jenny..
I guess do it at ur comfort ba..as long as u r happy then I guess is impt lor..hopefully she will feel differently this time round ba..tks for sharing abt the maternity wear shop..i guess its really time I got to look into some bottoms skirts &amp; pants liaoheehee..oh, u gonna get the concentrated bottled bird nest ahh..hmm..seems not bad hor..maybe me got to wait till my current supply of the traditional bird nests that my mum bought from the medical hall finish then decide bado let us know if u got any feedback, ok? I think can also give some to ur girl lor..can share share..

Hi hi DeeDee..
U must take gd care of urself lor..take more rest if possible..since this wkend will be long wkend so I guess its gd also to rest well..do come back to update us again..cheers~

kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
 
Hi wendy,
no problem for the sharing. actually i oso learn a lot frm this forum ma...
happy.gif

about the milk powder hor...i jz start my 4th tin lol. my hb said the milk powder very gd for bb, must drink lol. haha...even when i phone my sis, she oso ask me whether me take the milk powder or not.

Hi jenny,
so, how u feeling today? hope u r fine today. they purposee of lao hang jia to let we all sotre the bird nest is bcoz of the freshness. tat sales gal said when we bought 6 bottle and bring back all and we hav to waith few mths then can finish ba... but when we keep there, next time we colllect a new manufacture one lol. and oso hygene purpose. coz our fridge always store other things ma...i'm waiting their promotion during mother's da. dunno any others special or not lol.
 


Angeline, Janice,
Yes, Dr Ang is a bit choy lor. But hor, during delivery ok leh. Is only during checkup time nia.

Janice,
cervix test will be done during 36 weeks. To check how diluted your cervix is lor. Very painful, not scaring you.
 

Back
Top