(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+2">HAPPY NEW YEAR to all mummies n babies here and wishing all pink of health in 2008 and onwards</font></font>

looks like a lot of mummies have a wonderful shopping at Isetan. Me no chance to go cos was bz at work cos travelling tmr again. but i must say i managed to spend some good and fun time with caleb over the long wkend.

here's a little video clip to share http://selinaang2003.multiply.com/video/item/31/Helping_around_at_home

Dear all mummies and babies..

Happt New Year!!!!
happy.gif
Wishing all babies be happy and healthy.. all mummies be happy..
happy.gif

Dear mummies and babies,
Wishing all a Happy and Healthy 2008!

Starz,
I will not be able to make it to the gathering as we are attending hubby's JC class reunion on the same day.

Doreen,
Aiyo... so cute! If I let K have that bunch of vegetable, I am quite sure it will go into his mouth.

Selina,
My company's IT blog the downloading of the video! But based on your description in your blog, I recall K doing something similar. He was waiting for us to pick him up one Friday evening and he got a little sleepy whilst waiting. My mum said he kept himself awake by taking his handkerchief and started moving around, mopping the floor! He even exerted a bit more strength when it saw some darker spot on the floor. Haha.

Bbgrace,
I thought Coach does not accept international cc? Or did you go through concierge service?

pups / crystallized,
i forgot to answer crystallized earlier qns on my coach purchase. I bought my coach off ebay cos it's a past season model.
pups, can also buy thru' the BP thread cos those mommies staying the US will usually start the BP when they have the 25% discount card.

vivian,
Welcome to the tokidoki mama mia club!
There will be no regrets in getting that lah
happy.gif

Hi Dor &amp; Selina,

So cute, u all hv a "little helper" at home
happy.gif

My gal will pull the tissue paper to "clean" the table, but she enjoys pulling the tissue paper that she can go non-stop
sad.gif
&amp; when we stop her fm pulling, she'll start to tear whatever tissue she has into small, small pieces....

Instead of helping, she is helping to create more mess...ha..ha...

babe
Actually he's not 'helping' me......hahaha
I was preparing for dinner n he took my veg out of the bag to play....sigh
Since he dun disturb me I let him play for awhile lor anyway once cooked can't see the damage also....kekeke
Dunno wat is it with veg n him he loves them alot leh.

pups
I dun wanna guess but I think some may have ended in his mouth too.....hahaha
He's a veg freak lor go market also must take some veg home. Jus now at ntuc I didn't buy any veg but he kept pointing at the veg someone was carrying at another queue.....*faint*

Agnez
Think they are at the stage where they start imitating n help out hsework. D also likes wipe with tissue n even wipe his own face then after playing he will start tearing n even eating the small pieces.....sigh
Little crokroach.

Hello mummies!!!

HAPPY 2008! Sorry a bit late... So sianz, back to work again aft a long break. spent my countin dwn in a hotel room @ Marina Mandarin but think getting too old for such events already. Damm shag aft that!!!

me now at kota kinabalu. this place reminds me of the heartland back during our childhood days. nothing to do now while the guys are out partying. i am the only gal in the group so gotta stay in the hotel. no shopping cos all the shops closes by 8+.

<font color="0000ff">pups</font> what a coincident, caleb does that often too cos my dad always mops the floor with a cloth so he also copycat everytime he has a cloth on his hands. very cute hor.

<font color="0000ff">freshpoison</font> Me planning for a trip tis year again. my dad suggested NZ so might end up there.

hi selina,
wow...NZ. I've nt been there b4. Shld be very scenic. I was thinking closer, mayb down under. But still early to plan cos the year juz started and I already cant wait for the year end festivities liao...

<font color="0000ff">freshpoison</font> I was thinking of down under too but my dad wants to go NZ instead. have to plan early cos my bro wife is preggie n edd is august so my mum will have prob travelling when new baby comes along. coupled with my major event in oct, so must see how we can arrange so that my mum can go with us while my sil still in maternity. looking at it like quite hard lor.

Vivian,
No lah, if you preggie now, good mah cos a lot of Oct mummies preggie, got company mah hahaha...

pups,
You can buy Coach online and ship to VPOST but dun tell them is to VPOST, if not they will tell you they dun send VPOST. But make sure you order via phone call or fax. I kena charged 6 times when I ordered online though their system indicated failed transaction.
Crystallized did her purchase successful thr VPOST.

Selina,
wah you travelling for work again. Siong leh. Lucky you had a long weekend with Caleb. The long weekend passed so fast! How I wish it to be longer.

freshpoison,
shiok wor, go countdown. This year I no mood to go celebrate. Spent the last day of 2007 at BG then went home to sleep. Partly becos we gotta go out early on 1st Jan for my late grandpa's praying, so no countdown
sad.gif
hb said he's getting old with late nights. Men -- SIAN!

Olive Oil Advice
---------------------
Can i ask mummy here, can I use extra virgin olive oil to cook? If no, then what brand of olive oil you recommend and can get it fr ntuc?

Then the extra virgin oilive oil for what purpose?

Pls advice. Thanks.

<font color="0000ff">winniekok</font> i have been using extra virgin olive oil to cook for many years. if i'm not wrong, extra virgin olive oil is healthier than the normal olive oil.

<font color="0000ff">jenny</font> yah lor. the long weekend was not long enough for me too. very siong to travel on work but i always tell myself to treat it as a break for myself to go shopping (after work), go massage etc. otherwise i will be so damn miserable. luckily my boss quite fun type so always finding interesting things to do. like we just went for durians n massage.

winnie
I'm using olive oil to cook. It was discussed in the Sept thread before but I didn't pay much attention cos I dun use the extra virgin 1....hehe
If I remember correctly they say not good to heat extra virgin olive oil will create some 'things'. But I can't remember exactly maybe u can do a search on internet.
But when I bought my oil I read the labels n the 1 I bought is good for frying.

Selina
i rem buttons mentioned to me NOT to use extra virgin olive oil to cook. its not meant for cooking. juz use normal ones will do. she happen to juz post in Sept thread so i copy her quote here...

<font color="0000ff">pls do NOT use extra virgin olive oil to cook. extra virgin olive oil is meant for tossing in salads, dipping in bread etc. not for high heat cooking as the high heat will create carcinogenic (cancer-causing) compounds which will then be ingested. just use normal olive oil. any OLIVE OIL without the word "extra virgin" on it.</font>

Selina,
Ya, thanks. I've checked with Sept thread mummy, buttons replied was mentioned by JRT's answer. Now i'll know what suppose to use.

Dor_dor,
No need to search internet liao, got answer already
happy.gif
BTW, I love to see D photo..he's really cute to me.

And I wonder, why 2years gap is good to preg again? May I know whether is it becoz of the education part? I heard fr my nanny said 2 yr gap is gd as both of them go to school together, no need one to morning session &amp; the other one go to afternoon session. But some primary school have mornin session fr pri 1- 6 rite? and govrnment also try to make every school the same in future rite? so tat's not an issue anymore if we've 3-4 yrs gap?

Hi Vivian,
I didnt see that series anymore leh, it's only the vacanze series. some still selling the amore series. where you brought it from?
anyway, heard from the salesgal that tokidoki series has stopped production after this vacanze series. dun know how true.

Hi Starz,
am not joining the gathering cos need to go back to work, you gals enjoy.

Hi Doreen,
Damien so cute with the helping.. agree with you that it will keep them busy for a while else we dun have to work liao.

Winnie
Thanx....hehe
btw U say 2 yr gap means wat aah. Sorry I very poor in this kind of thing. Means #1 will be 2yr then #2 born is it?? Or #1 2 yrs then get preg?? Then will consider 3 yr gap liao hor.....hahaha
Okie me brain not functioning well.

For the Pri sch thingy I not very sure lah but for elder folks they always seem to be encouraging ppl to quickly give birth. They seem to have the idea that 1 shot have more bbs then u suffer through the bb times 1 shot then they all growup liao. More sing nang.

But personally I would prefer #1 to be older like 2 yrs old no need to carry already then won't be so difficult for us to go out with them. N by then they can understand more like when u tell them mummy tired today we stay at home okie still can bluff over ma.
Else like now my tummy(or rather fats) still small still can carry him but I will be aching at night lor n if he walks is the uncontrolled kind hard for me to manage alone with bigger tummy next time.
But bopian lor I so blur calculate wrong n bb so zhun so I gotta siong siong till D older liao.

Delphine
I jus got the free bb journal. But then hor I feel so bad leh cos D dun have anything leh I dun even remember the date he sprout his other teeths.....sigh
Re. tokidoki hor u ask right person liao cos Vivian is crazy over it......hahahha
N its not coming out with anymore designs that's why Vivian that day die die also must buy....hehe

Hi Starz,
So sorry starz, need to give tommorrow gathering a miss as i down wif flu, dun want to spread to others..you guys enjoy !

Doreen,
Haha.. me too feel very bad lor after collecting the baby journal, dun know if i should start for #2, cos like that like unfair to D leh..

wow wow was busi reading thru all the posts. sounds like a few of u had a great countdown on New Yr's Eve!

here's answering some of the qn tt was posted to me.

<font color="0000ff">hi babygrace,</font> wow half a day's sch cost so much leh! but glad tt it's a gd sch whereby hygiene is of utmost importance to them. at least worth the $$. just like sometimes pay so much for food and realise tt the food sucks. Wld get very mad one leh! I guessed i really nid to take a sch tour to decide. so many choices really can make one go MAD leh hee hee

<font color="0000ff">hi starz,</font> hee hee i vain one leh, why 7 letters cos mi n my ang's ang mor name both 7 letters each. why start with A becos my name starts with C and my ang's name start with D so if i happen to hv #02, his/her name will start with B. so we would be the ABCD family hahahaha!

<font color="0000ff">hi dor dor</font>, oh another 6mths+ to go leh! tt's fast! congrats!

<font color="0000ff">hi jrt,</font> well sometimes a gd way to reward ourselves for working so hard. so spend a bit more also nvm lah. everyone happy cn liaoz!

<font color="0000ff">hi vivian,</font> thanks for the praises! she is a very naughty one. find her real fun when she cn respond to wat i say hee hee. interesting fellow!

<font color="0000ff">hi agnez,</font> same here, my girl enjoys pulling tissue out of the box and tearing them up. nw like to take the broom and geh geh sweep the floor. next take table cloth n wipe table. alamak wait till she grows up, see whether she still enjoy doing all these or nt hee hee!

<font color="0000ff">hi freshpoison77,</font> wow so shiok leh, get to enjoy the nice fireworks at such close proximity! i was watching the fireworks alone at my MIL's balcony, somehw her house cn hv gd view but of cos nt tt close up. Hb n gal was already fast asleep cos prior to tt, we had a bbq celebration at my auntie's place.

hi hi...

juz a quick post on tomorrow's gathering ar...
those who couldnt make it, no worries.. there's always a next time...
those who can, if u all dont mind a smaller crowd, juz come on by lor... mayb smaller group easier to chat too bah... <font color="ff6000">selina, shirley, dor, jenny, coolmum, vivian, babe_ong</font>, ithink i have all ur contacts except for <font color="ff6000">coolmum</font>.. sms me if u all need my addy.. <font color="ff6000">coolmum</font>, paiseh cos u havent confirm coming or not... perhaps u could get my contact from any of the other mummies' if u coming.. alot of them have my number too...

<font color="ff6000">mango</font>
aiyoo... take care of urself ar...

Delphine,
The trasporto series can be found (only left with a few bag designs and limited stock) in Robinson centrepoint as of last week.
Now I not too sure still have any coz it goes off very fast. I am also very surprised when I saw them that day. In fact I have checked out Isetan Wisma, Isetan Scotts and Taka before going there and Isetan Wisma only left Amore series, Isetan Scotts only have a few pcs of Amore, 1 design of vacanze and taka only got 1 last vacanze, nothing else left. For Robinson Centrepoint, I found the most stock there. Maybe less ppl knew that they also carry tokidoki. They still have 4-5 designs of vacanze and trasporto. In fact they also have the Amore series too, but not displayed (the salesgirl show me the bigger version of mama mia in Amore taken from their store).
Actually sometimes you can asked the salesgirl abt old series, sometimes if the girl is nice and know their stuff, she might show you the leftover stock from old series from their store. I encountered that before in both isetan and robinson. So next time you might want to ask them first.
And yes, vacanze is officially the last tokidoki for Lesportsac series by Simone Legno (That's why I die die want to get one last one... hee). Lesportsac will be getting other artist to create new series for them. But there are words going ard (almost confirmed) that Simone Legno will carry on an entirely separate Tokidoki series, which will not bear the Lesportsac logo but will be marketed by Lesportsac... Should be within 2008. Hee... can't wait...

hee... thanks dor, for promoting me as the crazy person over tokidoki... haa... I am...

Starz,
we will be bringing R for jab tomolo morning. So might not be popping by liao. Will see how. Scared he get fever. You all enjoy lah... will sms you if we going. Thanks.

hihi mommies...

I would love to join the gathering at Starz's place... but sigh... not feeling well these few days.. down with terrible cough and flu...

You gals enjoy yourselves.. and look forward to next gathering again.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">starz</font> tks for opening your house for us. tho small the group but had a good time as well. been a while since we met up. belle is doing very well hur. chubby ger. caleb enjoyed himself very much. tks again. hb took some pixs so i am downloading now n will email once done.

<font color="0000ff">Hi Dor and Delphine</font>,

Tks for yours regards.. Had been sick for past one mth so didn't log in to chat wif you gals.

I am happy to announce that i am carrying <font color="ff0000">PRINCESS</font> . Megan gg to hv a mei mei soon !!

FLU VACCINES
=============

1) Can 2nd mum to be club help m to check whether can we pregg ( after 2nd trm ) allow to hv the jab ?? My gynea gave me a green light however when i chk wif my family doc , he dun advice the jab .Can anyone help to chk wif your gynea ??

2) I also had the intention to jab M the flu vaccines.. any thoughts to share gal ??
Am i overly kiasu ??

starz,
Sorry din went on Sat cos hb got other plan. Haiz.. ended raining, we didn't go afterall.
I realised I dun have your contact &amp; addy... I didn't save yr contact earlier haha...

mango16,
Congrats! The 2 gals can share share their stuff in future
happy.gif

As for the jab, I'm not too sure with it. But personally I won't take any jab during preggie to play safe.
Is there any reason to jab M for the flu vaccines? Cos usually PDs will advise to take if you are travelling to countries with high risk of exposure. But local wise, not too sure. Talk with your PD??

hi all long time no posting

Will be moving ard March or April to Tampines
recently my boy keep creaming loudly as and when and nobody can stop him......very active too....talkative as well but CANnot WaLK....haiz

he now can flip books on his own and say singular words like "duck", "bird" , "bear" etc
learning malay from maid too "tigar" (no 3) etc
He is going for his 15 mth jab soon, any thing to take note? Heard that there is side effects??

Mango,

Congrats on your 2nd princess!!! they can have their own pinky room.
happy.gif

Not sure about jab, will help you to check with my gynae on my next visit.

hi starz &amp; the other mummies,

hope that u have enjoyed urself last sat. pai seh, i did not turn up cos hb was out and also, it was raining.

hi dor,

will arrange with you another time for the booster seat. thks.

<font color="0000ff">Jenny and Delphine</font>,
Exactly !! we have just bot tons of clothes for M over the weekend and more to buy in future...
My hubby even more crazy ,buying for the little also , saying its unfair for the #2 to always wear jie jie old clothes hee..
Just hope that my gynea dun make any mistakes
happy.gif

Flu Vaccines
=================
Reason why the jab for M is that she constantly capture virus infection from sis in law's son and really heart pain to see her having swinging fever and coughing non stop. If the vaccines can help in anyway , i will not hesitateto jab her . However very "sin tong" to see her crying after the needle

Starz
Thanx for having us over. D really play till so tired lor kong out in the car n even continue to sleep back home.....hehe

Mango
Another gal....ru ni xing yi lah. Megan got company liao.
Wah seems like all Oct thread #2 are girls leh. Hopefully mine too......hahaha
But dejevu leh cos when I was having D everyone I know was having a girl n I'm the only 1 with boy. Now also like that....cross fingers man.....hahaha

Flu vaccine wise dunno leh but I'm not the kind to take ANY optional jabs 1 lah. I scared of needle ma...keke

Gemini
We abit hard to arrange hor cos Sun I always out till night 8-9pm. So unless before 2pm or if u want to come after I'm home lor.....hehe
Else weekdays n sat sure no prob 1. Let me know la.

Nepia diapers n pants
----------------------------------
NTUC having promo on this again 2 packs of diaper or pants for $26.90.
But guess wat I bought the L size cos I tot 30 pieces ma more hua suan then the Big 26 pieces. But we changed D in the car n realise its tight on him lor Very fitting.
But when I went home n check the 4 packs that I haven been using on him is also L leh. But those at home are slightly bigger somemore.
The sizing abit siao siao is it?? I gotta go n change the other pack to BIG liao.

aspialle,
So fast you moving.
Jaslyn took her MMR jab last week. No fever yet **TOUCHWOOD**
Things to note, just give Ted some egg white to test for allergy before the jab.

mango16.
well, more to go! You keep buying when you know you have 2 kids of same gender! haha... tat happens to me keke... everything can share. When hb scolds me, I will tell him "for 2 gals leh, share share wu hua leh" haha..
Re: Flu Vaccines. I think you have a talk with your PD and see what he advises. I'm not too sure with this.

Doreen,
You wanna gal gal ah... Then can tie hair, wear pretty pretty dress ah keke..
Err so far, #2 all gals meh? Hee I din take note.

sorry...been MIA so long.
really busy with work, as usual..tie with 07 closing.

Starz,
sorry ..din turn up last sat as hb work OT on tat day &amp; i cant handle A alone.

Dor,
dun think the sizing siao siao. Alvis oso outgrow of L size Nepia pullup liao. I just ask hb to stock up 8 packs of BIG size. kiasu hor? keke...

Mango,
Congrats on having a girl!
happy.gif

yes yes...more shopping for ur 2 lil princesses..

Jenny
Glad to hear that Jaslyn din develop fever after took her MMR jab.
i will bring A for this jab next week. hope he won't fever like previously.
but hor, he actually need to take MMR jab together with 2nd dos of prevenar jab lel. will double check wif PD again since he got high fever when he took 1st jab together with chicken pox jab.

Think hor A self wean off his milk intake during daytime. Now he take MAX 100ml milk during daytime nia.
i am worrying whether he consume enough calcium or not?

Mango
congrats on a girl!!! hehehe.. same same!
Think so far #2 all are girls.
I also buy clothes for kim then if not fitting or too tight, we will tend to say "nvm lah.. #2 can wear.. still worth it ma..' haha!

Kimberly is going thru a series of fever, sore throat, constipation once again.
This time is much more serious cause fever 40.7 yday but thankfully today 38 but she's very grouchy and keep throwing temper. She push our chair to the floor, throw the iron clothes board, house phone, smash the keyboard. she just vent her frustration on those things and even beat my aunty.
Have been crying for hours just now so hb faster went to buy the pump backside one. Luckily it's really constipation that made her uncomfortable. Now alot alot better.

<font color="0000ff">mango</font> congrats on princess #2.

<font color="0000ff">aspialle</font> long time no hear from you.

Finally went to collect Caleb's studio shoot pictures. something to share. the lil basket looks familiar. seems like many babies were in it before.
1184622.jpg

Jasmine,
Ya, better check with PD for taking 2 jabs.
So far Jaslyn is ok, no fever yet. BTW, if got fever after MMR jab is usually 1 week later. So just got to observe.
I typed wrongly haha, I mean Nepia Big size = XL.

Adeline,
alamak, Kim sounds so ke lian. Hope she's better now.

mango16,
Actually true lah, my mum and aunt always scold me buying new clothings for Jaslyn and they outgrown very fast on her. I also told them so ke lian tat Jaslyn everytime got to wear Jie Jie's clothings. I insist she must have some new ones herself, if not very unfair lor. But then, think my mum and aunt bought more clothings for her than I did!

Selina,
as usual, Caleb looks so nice and handsome. Yup, Jaslyn took pics in tat basket too but she's crying inside haha.

Back