(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

<font face="Comic Sans MS,">coolcoolmum,
chim ah, dunno how to answer your qns.
Apple Tree is Playgroup and Preschool.
NTUC Childcare, Carpe Diem are Child Care Centre.

Difference: Playgroup and Preschool is only for 1.5 to 3hrs, depends on each school.

Childcare, no need to explain liao right, you know right? Got 1/2 day or full day. Got teachers (aka nanny) to take care of them, usually 2 teachers to 18 toddlers. They eat, sleep, play, "study" there. Then after work, you go fetch KB.
</font>

Jenny
Hmm looks abit rubbery n unbreakable. But hubby sort of agree to buy the little tikes 1 liao.... hehehe
So D gets to have the PIGGY.

Delphine
Actually I feel kids are very innocant so they speak from their heart(provided they really understand the word they are saying). So watever they say really show how they feel.

btw does D stick more to u now??
Damien suddenly from last week hor cos I left him at my mum's place in the morning when I went for my GD blood test. Comeback my mum say he okie but cannot be left alone will keep following her around the hse.
Then till now he also worse then normal once I leave his sight nia he will keep calling n following me machiam scared I disappear leh. Even hubby with him hor he notice I gone he will keep calling "Mama" n come n look for me.
Jialat man how to disappear to deliever if he continues like that.

dor dor,
ya, i keep worried that D cannot sleep without me while i am in labour. Can bring her to my ward after i deliver??
yes, as you mentioned, D will also keep following me wherever i go in the house, even go out, sometime she will only wants me to carry. jia liat cos i really cant carry her for long, my tummy will sometime hurt after carrying her for too long.

Gracesong,
NO prob at all, just share whatever i have obtained.

Kareen,
I don't think all Apple Tree Playgroup have the same fee. I saw a notice for the one in Sengkang Blk 158D, the monthly fee is $135.

<font face="Comic Sans MS">pups is right. Apple Tree sch fees depend on individual centre/school.
Some is cheaper, some is more ex. </font>

Jenny,
hehe..i like the piggy bank you posted. cute..
ya lor, think should ask Selina to send me via post. if not, scare A will outgrow the training pants.

How's your duck tour trip?

btw, anyone went to Animal Resort at Seletar Camp?
I thought of bring A there since it's quite near my hse, n understand there is bus route there. But wanted to check any interesting there?

Jasmine,
i went to Animal Resort last year.
To me, it was nothing fantastic lah.
There are quite a few rabbits and guinea pigs where u can buy carrots to feed them.
A goat and can't remember what other animal. I wasn't very impressed but Joshua had fun feeding and patting the rabbits and guinea pigs (Em was too young then).

jenny

i have not received the letter too. I called mysc to ask they said i should have received by end of last week. but dont have lei. I think i will choose scb cos they are giving away sony wii station for the 1st 100 parents who sign up with them. haha me want the station! anyway i have account with scb and find their interest quite attractive and like you i use internet banking so no issue with their banking services. More importantly is the interest rates and freebies they are offering!

Jasmine
I have been to animal resort numerous time cos i bring my dogs there for grooming. If you are taking public transport, i suggest u give it a miss cos its a super long walk from the nearest bus stop and along the way there are many stray dogs. Not sure if you are afraid of dogs but along the road there are really quite a number. Animal resorts is quite a nice place, they have a big peacock, a pony and one big bird there which i dont know what breed. They also have small animals like rabbits and chicks for the little children to feed them. A lot of kindergarten organise tour to the place. Zac been there a couple of times but usually with the doggies so he didnt really play with other animals as he is busy running about with the dogs. But it is really back to the nature, very kampong like

Babygrace &amp; Shirley,
Thanks for yoyr feedback.

<font color="0000ff">Shirley</font>,
yes..we have to take public transport. Both hb &amp; me afraid of dogs but A LOVE it. He will go near to the dogs &amp; wnated play with them. haha...
hmm..

hi jasmine,

same thoughts as bbgrace, nothing fantastic at the Animal Resort, been there once... but there's dogs obedience training session conducted there, i think during wkend, so quite a wide variety of dogs to look at..

hi delphine,

the one u saw at blk 163A, under NTUC one? aiyo, still carrying D? better stop or else sit down and carry her, rather than carrying her walking around.

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Jasmine,
Dun talk abt dukw tour. Marina area was raining with thunder at 4pm+. It was so disappointed! Was told can postponed to Sun cos of the heavy rain but we gotta pay in advance, risking the weather again, no refund. So ended, we decided to forgo.
Anyway met up with Babe_Ong and Selina there.

Animal Resort at Seletar Farmyway 5
We just went yday. Small, nothing much. But good for kids to do some "interaction" with little animals. BTW, Jaslyn was scared by the barkings of the dogs. She shivered. Jolene was complaining the place was smelly.
Although there's direct bus, but the road into the resort is quite ulu, you need car to go in. Plus the ppl staying at the old blks are foreign workers.
I dun have nice impression with the ppl there. Rude!
BTW, yesterday the geese were running all over openly.
I'm interested to go for the one at Pasir Ris, erm... fish? Got longkou fish one, Selina was telling me...

Shirley,
1st 100 leh, very hard; I 'm not so lucky de, won't get one. Anyway to me, both banks no issue. I see how first. </font>

Hi Gemini,
Dun think it is from NTUC, it is from RC.
But it is really very near my mum place, less than 5 mins walk. Most prob i will enrol her there 1st before changing to apple tree when my flat is ready(apple tree is nearer to my own place).

Hi Pups,
I am the one who posted the info on apple tree but that is for punggol road blk 195B. Anyway, didnt know that diff centres offered at diff rates. Strange though cos it is the same company mah.. should apply the rate across to be fair.

<font color="0000ff">gemini</font> were you the one looking for the bowling ball with smaller balls in the pins? I think i saw something similar at Toys R Us at Suntec. You can try to go there n find or even other outlets

<font color="0000ff">jenny</font> i saw the packet drink holder at toys r us as well. think selling at $4.95 or $5.95. cant remember but if u wan me to buy for you, let me know.

<font color="0000ff">jasmine</font> went there before as well and really nothing much lor. can finish within 30 mins (already considered very long) but caleb had fun there cos he loves touching the animals. this boy thunder also scared but comes to animal he got no fear lor. he loves the rabbits there too and the dogs as well. the geese also amazes him very much especially when they start to roam around.

<font color="ff6000">fish farm</font>
yes i told jenny abt the fish farm. seems quite fun cos my boss celebrated his daughter's birthday there last year but we didnt go cos caleb wasnt well. think can fish for lokang fish. it is at pasir ris. not far from punggol so maybe we can arrange to go there 1 day (must choose non raining day lah otherwise very sian wif the rain)

<font color="ff6000">Hortpark</font>
i am thinking of brining caleb to the hortpark which just opened. the bridge that links telok blangah hill and some other parks in the west. my bro went there n told us very nice place so thinking of bringing caleb there to run around n get close to nature.

<font color="0000ff">coral</font> nice right? too bad i no ger ger otherwise sure buy from there. oh i realised they all have items from jshoppers too. not sure if is directly from jshoppers or imitate jshoppers design but saw i set of pj i bought for caleb from jshoppers on 1 of the site as well.

\purple {Kota Kinabalu}
<font color="aa00aa">anyone been there for vacation before? i have been there once but for work. going this sat for work (attending a mall opening on sun) but since nothing much to do on sat so planning to do some sightseeing. not sure what is good besides mountain climbing n scuba diving. anyone can share if you have been there?</font>

Hi ladies..

Finally back to the thread !!

Have been celebrating my gal full mth for the past 2 days , now really shack...just a short one

Now my life involve around my baby gal (sigh )..
feed ..burp..feed...burp ... before I can close my eyes ..its feeding time again.( really can go crazy )

wanting to write more but the gal screaming for milk again ..and i really stone now as yestaerday night been attending to the baby ..shall chat wif you gals again ya ..bye

Selina, maybe can see if the prcie is the same as jshopper to determine. When I have the time will explore their shipping method, if easy then can order. The good thing abt jshooper is their reliable shipping.

Mango, wlecome back! Tough life, but you're surviving well, rite?
happy.gif

Hi Mommies

Thanks to Vivian's recommendation.. I bought a few melissa &amp; Doug wooden puzzles for B. The puzzles are very colourful.. and B likes it. I bought it from Toy ' R' us. AM thinking of getting other toys from this brand now..haa! See pixs

1460824.jpg
1460825.jpg

Hi coral ,

Great to see you !! how's life ??

Ya very tough now and esp if no support .Handle the gals myself but GOOD LAH ..nobody nags at me , can do whatever i like ..bathe and wash hair everyday ..cannot imagine if my MIL or my mum nagging esp i dun have enough sleep every night and day .

Update on my my lao da
========================
M now very rebellious... she still a sweet sweet gal in mth of april but once i given birth she became a gangster. likes to play wif fans, TV etc . the more you ask her not to do , the more she wil do and give you that kind of cheeky smile. Now try very hard to ignore her bad behaviour . Think is a growing phase bah..

Luckily , she likes her mei mei alot
In fact she will kiss mei mei's cheek and stroke mei mei 's hand , feet , hair ..everytime when i carry the #2 ...phew...

For those planning for #2 ..you really need enough support , if not really cannot cope esp the night feeding !!
Can turn your life upside if you doing alone .
I hope my #2 can be like Megan .. Sleep thru the night when she reach 2nd month .
This what i been praying for ...

hi mango,

glad that u are handling it well! i do agree... family support is indeed v impt, esp for nite feeding! post some pics of ur #2 leh!

hi selina,

i'm looking for those soft type bowling pins. hmm... seems like i can make a trip down toyrus to take a look. thks.

hi mango

welcome back to the forum! I can totally identified with you. The first month is the toughest but like you i prefer no helper so no one can nag at me! I also showered during confinement. the only thing i find the toughest is when come to feeding time!

Zac is getting naughty by day but really more interactive and fun to play with. now refusing to take his meals, plus he just had false measles last week, he simply refuse to open his mouth during meal time.

Hang on there! I think second month will be better, u so lucky megan can sleep thu second month. I dont count on lele to sleep thu till she start solid cos her gor gor also only managed to sleep thu after starting solid so i will just tahan till then! Add oil and milk too! haha

P.S. Post some pic of #2 lei. whats her name?

Coral
If u getting stuffs there, let me know, i wanna order too! Think lele has too few clothes or rather i think she has too few cos my hubby keep telling me that he is always seeing parcels on our dining table! haha By the way, i lost ur contact when zac spolit my phone, can sms me ur number again?

Childcare/Playgroup
===================

suddenly got this Q, tricia still cant really speak, i know if go CC, at least the teachers there will take care of her... but for playgroup, about 2 hrs type, the teacher-kids ratio is much bigger, so will there be someone to take care of her, like for eg, if she poo poo? will the teacher there change for her?

Gemini

I dont think the teacher there is going to change diaper for her cos the hours is too short. from what i observe, the teacher is just there to interact and teach the children some songs and dance. Now i am more prone to half day childcare cos think the facilities and teachers are more trained to take care of the children. Somemore the group of children age gap is not so wide and teacher and children ratio not so high. U can sign up for half day and initially let tricia go for a few hours then slowly increase to half day. Just my opinion after doing my recee. But there are also childcare with playgroup but really very very few, think SK and punggol i can hardly find....

False measles
=============
Those mummies whose children have false measles, do their appetite gone them a lot? I am not sure zac's appetite gone down due to false measles or he simply fussy with his food. Sometimes really want to discipline him but then again it may due to his false measles

<font color="0000ff">gemini</font> not sure about other playgroup but the 1 caleb attends, the teacher ever helped him changed his diaper once when he pooed. we prepare diapers in his bag so the teacher can help in case. only thing is she not sure sure about the nepia diaper so wore back to front but ok lah at least she helped to change him.

Hi mommies

anyone bought painting material for your toddler to play? May I know where to get those type of non-toxic type of paint colours?

shirley,
Em just had roseola few weeks back.
I reduced her portion of food during the time she had fever (that time dunno that it's roseola yet cos no rash) cos doc ever told me that kids having fever may not have much appetite to eat. I just give her small amts of snacks at intervals.
It was only after the fever went off that the rash broke out and by then, her appetite was back to normal.

Melissa &amp; Doug magnetic fishing set
===================================
Just to let mummies who are interested, I just saw 2 more sets (last 2 actually) in the "My learning kingdom" shop in United Square branch (in Connectz).
FYI.

<font color="0000ff">shirley</font> like bbgrace mentioned, fever will cause appetite to drop. i realised this trend with caleb every time he is down wif fever. n it seems like he always gets it when he tooth start cutting out. the flu tends to follow as well.

Gemini,
I think any teacher or helper from playgroup shld change for the kid if they poo poo lah. If dun, will easily kena rashes one leh. Unless they act blur lor or act "nose-spoil"... hee...

hi selina,

that's nice of the teacher...at least she make an effort to change for caleb...

hi shirley,

after i posed the question, then i realise the time spent at playgoup (2hrs) may be too short for the teacher to pay attention to every kid. actually if send tricia to CC, she may only spent abt 4 hrs there, we will be dropping her around 8.45 - 9am and pick her ard 12 plus.
so now still cant make up my mind, CC or playgroup...

Delphine
U still carry D alot aah better not lah. I now try not to carry Damien as much as possible liao. N at home I even try not to or sometimes I will point to my tummy tell him cannot carry cos I carrying bb how to carry him. Then he will okie. Unless he fussy when hubby go to work then I will carry awhile then tell him I wanna do things n put him down liao.
Now go opp my place to buy lunch I let him walk most of the way only carry across the road. Better the let them get used to u not being able to carry now. Else when bb born suddenly u dun carry they might blame it on bb n resent.
For me not painful when I carry D cos I dun carry long but VERY tiring lor heng my lift okie liao else I sure die man. That day my lift mantainence I walk up 4 flrs with D VERY slowly but reach home I cannot even squat down my thighs very tight n suan for days aah. Jialat old liao.....hahaha

Mango
Ur back.....hehehe
I already hoping my #2 can sleep through the night early. Cos D now siao milk again at night keep asking for milk n sometimes 3-4am also ask for milk.
Very sian leh if he continue till #2 born then imagine gotta wake up n make milk for 2. Siao liao lor.....haha

Evening mummies. Its been a long time since i post here.. Have been following bt nothing much to contribute... Juz wanna share tht its my twins first day at school today.. Hehehe.. We were allowed to stay for the day bt left aft 1.5hrs.. My gal cried for abit but was ok aft tht, but my son cried till almost the end of school... Thats what the teacher said.. Anyways, i would like to find out, how long did it take for ur kids to settle in? And do they act out in any ways aft being left alone in school? Thx!!!
Also saw tht some of you have become 2nd time mums.. Congrats to all of you..

Jlyn- hw have u been?

Dor Dor/Gemini,
i try to minisize liao, think i better not take the risk cos gynae mentioned my bb head down liao. And somemore he keep reminding me that #2 will be earlier than #1, like stressing me like that. I am not prepared yet cos a lot to clear at work. haiz...

<font face="Comic Sans MS,">Delphine,
Apple Tree is "weird". They function differently, though supposed to be under same "boss".
Even the "course" is different from each centre.

Selina,
Oh, that's cheap! I will go and see myself, no need to trouble you. Thanks for the info.
Just remember, I think bottletree park at Khabit also has this lokang fish, then another one somewhere at Kranji, one of the fish farm there. Hee... wanna go!!! Jio me!!
Re: Hortpark, my bro went last week. He said hard for kids to finish the whole track. I dunno if I will have the stamina to finish or not. And yes, he said very nice.

mango16,
Welcome to 2nd time mummies club! Another sleepless nights for the next few mths. Yes, need a lot of support especially for the 1st 6 mths with a 19/20 mths old toddlers at home. Dun stress out, try to rest, nap whenever the 2 are sleeping. Try to get Megan to sleep when #2 sleep, so you can have rest.

Gemini,
By right, the auntie (usually is cleaner cum cook) or the assistant teacher will helps to do diaper change. But, I heard from my aunt, the playground which my cousin attends, the teachers there do not change the diaper! There's once, my cousin pooed and the poo dropped out, kena shoe and socks. The teachers only changed him to a new diaper, I dunno if they did clean up for her, but the poo stain on shoes and socks were there, worse, they packed the stained brief into a plastic bag and put inside his bag. It stinked like hell!!!

Kareen,
I only know this brand -- Crayola, very ex selling in local dept stores. I think online cheaper. How much cheaper I dunno, haven't do research yet. But I just bought this afternoon while shopping, 4 pcs for $11. I wanna try before buying online. But I bought for Jolene, not for Jaslyn.

Doreen,
It's june already! Your EDD mth, excited??!!</font>

<font color="0000ff">jenny</font> i saw it @ suntec outlet.
Re: HortPark, that's the whole purpose mah. so got excuse to go back n continue fr where we left...

ok if i going i jio u ok? not likely to be tis wkend or next. going kk to work on sat n back on sun and next wkend i bringing caleb to bintan with some friends. sooooo looking fwd but friend warned me to let caleb wear life jacket thru out cos we going kelong for seafood. he say in case he decides to jump into the sea...

<font color="0000ff">karen</font> i also went to buy but only bought 1 but havent let caleb play cos i also bought other toys and let him choose. in the end he chose the junior engineers tool set instead of all the rest so they are still in the cupboard waiting to be opened.

<font face="Comic Sans MS,">Selina,
Aiya, I should have walk over to Suntec today, was at Marina Sq &amp; Raffles City. Took half leave today cos hb wanna watch movies, so shun bian go shop shop. I think probably I will go United Sq outlet as I need to pick out some stuff from Jlyn or perhaps Vivo outlet cos nearer to my office. See how.. Hb now said ok to buy 1 for Jaslyn. Men are like that de, no accidents, won't want to buy. Anyway, I remembered that BP price q ex!
Ok ok, jio me ok. Go this kind of places must have few kids then fun haha..

I'm so happy, remember I told you on Sat I'm collecting Doraemon Magnets? I collected the full set liao, though I didn't buy the shield, still thinking if should get it haha... Now, I'm thinking if I should go for another set, cos the gals have been taking my magnets to play! Oh today I went back to Flyer 7-11. Just to go there to buy the 12" doraemon for the gals. After we parted on Sat, we went there and they saw the doraemon soft toy and they wanted them. But the crowds inside 7-11 was terrible, so I didn't buy there, tot could get from other outlets. Imagine I went at least 6 outlets and all oos. Jolene was so sad that she cried in car =P However, I managed to buy a small one for her. So today, went back Flyer purposely to get that 12" for them.</font>

jenny/karen

dont get the crayola online, i have bad experience with the BP. The items i ordered turned out to be OOS then the spree orgainiser charge shipping for the 2nd shipment. turn out the cost of shipping super high! not worth it can get from singapore. I think there is a shop at tanglin mall selling crayola stuff too. think may work out to be cheaper if there is discount.

<font face="Comic Sans MS,">Shirley,
Oh is it!!? How come still charge you for shipment when your stuff is OOS??
BTW is it cheaper to get online? You have the URL to the website? I lazy to search haha...
If a few of us getting, then maybe can get ourselves. I'm not joining BP now, cos I realised BP prices are ex! Conversion rate also ex!! Now, I just ask around to see if got any order.
There's a # of places selling this brand now.
</font>

Jenny
What i meant is short shipment. Crayola only pay for the domestic shipment but shipping to singapore i need to pay. since only few suay pp kena so the base charge is high. their webby is http://www.crayola.com/
ya i realise BP prices quite expensive but sometime too lazy to organise and gian to buy so join lor. ya next time we shld get ourselves, cheaper

CRAYOLA
I stock up on crayola stuff whenever robinsons have 20% sale so it's quite affordable here.
I like the magic finger paints and washable markers. Emma will draw till her fingers are stained with all kinds of marker colours but it's so easy to wash off. I also like the crayons with the plastic holder so that the crayons don't break easily.

Delphine
Desiree was not an early bb right??
Dun worry so much lah jus prepare ur hospital bag. Ur edd was end july right if I remember correctly. Think they say early also few weeks early only if not will be premature dun stress later too stress early labour jialat.
My bb also head down liao but no worries lah Damien was head down for mths last time.

Jenny
U very you xing leh even run so many 7-11 jus to search for that doremon for them.

My EDD mth supposely is mid July. But cos D was born on 36wk so I actually prepare myself for 36wk for #2 liao cos my gynea say D is naturally early so the rest of my pregnancies should be earlier.
Even my gynea also sort of prepare liao scared I deliever early so of cos I very GAN CHIONG......hahaha
But sort of prepare liao the hse. So happy at least this time ppl come my hse I won't feel so paisey cos very messy.
But hospital bag haven pack cos dunno which bag to use.....hahaha
Now dunno if can make it for my cousin's wedding 2 weeks later cos will stop my anti-contraction pills liao or worse if I go n deliever in the middle of the wedding dinner. Joke of the year man....hahahaa

Shirley
hehe I peeped into that BP once n saw the shipping so ex really not worth. Cos that time I doing my own spree I tot wanna try order on my own for D anot than wah see like crayola so much problem so I dun dare to order.

Kareen
U should go n buy when there's Tangs sale or Isetan sale. I bought the crayons for D during the Tangs sale use my friend's card. $10 I paid only $8....hehe.

Mango
Jia you!!

Weird me.. back to work yday and i am awake since 2am just now to pump milk.. cant get to sleep since sunday cause kat not by my side.. with my aunty liao.. cant help but feel weird!!

Dor
ur turn to pop soon ..? jia you jia you..

I am lucky my company pro-bf.. during staff rally, they announce that for lactating mothers, they can book any meeting room without giving reason just for expressing milk.. as and when we like..
And they bought a bar fridge specially for us to store milk..

Yday go back work didnt do anything much.. i was late.. cause couldnt get use to the timing and need to prepare kim for CC.. need to slowly get use to work force again..

Now having headache cause insufficient sleep.. lucky today took half day.. lol..

Back