(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

coral
wah mooncakes leh! weakness ah! if not coz i am pregnant now, i sure whack them every day! hahaha
lol.gif
and somemore wif jenny as the promoter, how can not b tempted?
biggrin.gif

heee, its fun enuff juz to go mooncake sampling. got man zhu gan! hahaha
lol.gif

this wk alone hor, plus vivian, i alrdy hear 4 baby bombs liao. hahaha... u update us again aft seeing charlotte tmrw... every check up is a surprise! (i mean 4 me, at least!) coz of his increasing weight... hahaha
lol.gif

crystallized,
yah lor. so envious. we encourage each other ok...
happy.gif

mayb $50 can liao lor. anyway u not attending. the last time i invited some friends to my solemnisation ceremony only and they gave me $50 as they not going.

same for me. every week now like sure got some thing special happening. sekali tmr after see doc he asked me admit
lol.gif

coral,
finally. 3 of us now all ready to go liao... me will sterilize the pump n bottles tonight when hb comes over.

Hi coolcoolmum,
tks for e article . Wondering is it very common in 3rd tri to have e BH ?? How many times do you have it in a day and from which week since you experience it ?

jenny,
u mentioned u asking your friend to buy the pump spare parts for you from US. is it easily available in US? i got a friend coming back for CNY next year so thought mayb can ask her to buy for me too. which spare part should we have spares?

Ladies,
wow Oct mummies really very fast leh, haven reach Oct yet so many babies have popped(more to come). Will be going for my weekly check up tomolo, will keep you all update again. Just got a feeling mine will be later that EDD. Btw, have decided on my gal's name. Will call her
Desiree(a french name)

Vivian:
Congrats on your arrival of Rhys, must be so nice to cuddle your boy. Dun worry about BM, it will definitely come sooner or later, keep massaging, it will helps.

Selina/crystallized/Coral:
your turns next?

Wtan:
wow.. so envy that you can officially rest from wednesday onwards, me will works till the day i'm due... but can be quite tired as well. Same as you just had my apprasial 2 days ago, phew!! everything goes well. dun worry too much, yours will be fine as well.

selina,
jus found out from one of the mummies that Cordlife is now having promotion of discount $600 at the expo exhibition 'Women Expo 2006'. Registration fee after discount is $800. They're at Hall6B boothB2 from 29th Sep to 1st oct.
See detail at:
http://www.womenexpo.com.sg/promotions_special.php

wat breast pump u intend to use? i may hv the spare parts..

Hi hi ladies..
I m back but W/O my appraisal done..sian!Finance mgr keep pushing the time to discuss abt this..then no choice aft a hand-over discussion, she's pushing it to next tue at 2pm to do it b4 I go on leave on wed, 27-sept..i thot I can do it once & for all yesterday, then at least I get to enjoy my wknd peacefully..sigh..

Hi hi coolcoolmum.
Thks for the updates..really very informative..thks..thks..appreciate it..

Hi hi misterygal..
So long didnt hear frm u, I thot u pop liao..keke..dun think so much..as long as u can cuddle ur baby in ur arms..whcever the mode of delivery is worth while..cheers~

Hi hi coral..
Yeah!so happy that u r all ready for Charlotte!congrats!I also managed to complete my handover to two colleagues, one focusing on the finance portion (luckily she's finance trained, very easy to understand what I meant)..she will also be helping my finance mgr with other finance-assigned tasks whc I really cant do w/o finance knowledge..as for my sales support portion (renewal of software subscription)..had also passed it to the newly joined colleague..thou I find him a little to the blur side..but since he told my finance mgr he can cope 100%, I m very happy also..keke..really dun want to care that much now..

Hi hi delphine..
Dun envy me, coz I had a hard time at work..i was very stressed up ever since mid of july till recently & it's really no gd lor..that's why I have decided to rest earlier & dun want to care that much liao..was very bothered by work...it's not easy but I got to learn how to be positive at work & just do whatever I can..certain things are beyond my control also..

<font color="aa00aa">hi hi ladies..
i went to see gynae last evening..my boy isnt engaged yet but my pelvic bone at the lower tummy is very painful..i think i over stretch myself too much when doing the squats recently..how i got difficulty in walking..my boy is 2.839kg &amp; growing..head size now is 33cm..actually i have been trying to eat a little more for the past 1 wk, but my boy didnt absorb much from me..my gynae has to do a few measurement scan to "achieve" 2.839kg..since my last appt last fri was 2.7++g..maybe he's not ready yet..he ask me abt my decision on induction..i told him i m worried that it might take very long &amp; also got thot of 25-sept..but he said he's usually very packed with appts at the clinics..so not very nice to "cancel" those appts for me..he suggested tue or wed if i m keen to induce..i guess i will let it be natural ba..</font>

Wendy,
happy.gif

me too! dr. koh has to do a few measurement scan then only can get my bb weight at 2.625kg. he was shocked when he got 1st figure 2.5++ compare to last appt 2.4+. tat's y i worried. but then aftertat managed to get figure 2.625kg. keke...
great to hear tat u decide to let it be natural ...it's good coz u will start on leave on 27/9, at least u can spend more days with bb while he inside ur tummy be he decide to come out ba....
jia you!!!
since we will pop anytime, jz enjoy this weekend &amp; dun think about ur appraisal. who knows our bb decide to come out anytime next week.

i'm really waiting my bb out!!!
happy.gif

hi ladies,

thanks for all the encouragements.
today still no milk but took Rhys for his first followup checkup.
His jaundice is 14, on a mid-high side. (above 15 needs to rent the light home and above 20 needs to admit liao).
Doctor told us to monitor closely this weekend and do bloodtest again on mon. Hopefully it will go lower.

And the main thing is to feed him as much so that he can poo. The only way to end jaundice is to poo. So now no choice have to feed him FM every 2 hrs since my breast still decided to idle.

Oh, but he gained more weight though, 4.05kg liao.
Hee...

Me will try to pop by later. Now done with my milk pumping. Hungry liao. Got to eat.

Meanwhile, you all jia you har!!!
happy.gif

Wendy
when is ur EDD? issit 8 oct? is there really a need 4 u to induce? unless its really due to medical complications and its safer to get the bb out, else think better let bb decide when he wanna come out.
happy.gif
do consider carefully ok?

Vivian
how's the latching on coming along? Rhys willing to suckle? u mean u started pumping? so its a gd sign tt milk has come in. Jia You!
happy.gif
yah eat more so got more pdtn!

<font color="0000ff">elective c-section
===============
hi ladies, me gonna jump queue liao. went to see gynae tis morning. caleb now weighs 3.8kg @ 38wks, gaining 300g every week (i only gained 500g). though his head is now at the centre and lower, but has yet to engaged. doc did cervix check again and his advice is for me to go for c-section. he checked my pelvic bone and advice that my pelvic is in a sharp inverted 'V' and hence chances for a natural is really not high, especially when my boy is rather big. also at the rate my contractions are going (getting more painful now), he does not advice waiting any longer. hence we have decided to go for elective c-sect and the date had been fixed on monday, 25 sep.

i was very very disappointed at the beginning but guess as long as my boy arrives safely and healthy, that's the most impt....
sad.gif
(but still some disappointment lah)... my op is scheduled for 1pm on monday. i'm now very confused... feeling disappointed, excited and anxious all at the same time.

guess my next challenge is bfg. hope it can be smoother than the delivery (as in happen as i wish it would)...
sad.gif
wish me all the luck... think i need it badly now.

will keep u ladies updated after monday</font>

crystallized,
That strawberry snowskin mooncake with wild strawberry yoghurt shiok hor!! I think is ok cos not lotus, won't gain much weight. I ate 1 pcs today also. So tempted. At least, after eating very comfortable lor, not fulling feeling. My hb loves it too!
Wow, sounds like you got a good deal from the mooncake fair hor?? I wanna bring my gal out shopping today, but expecting CC to deliver the Babycraft Playpen in the afternoon, so stay put at home. I haven't go Taka yet, dun feel like going leh cos sure crowded one. My hb said this year no teochew mooncake never mind, the strawberry one is nice enough.
happy.gif

Selina,
Not sure if the spare parts is easily available. I ask my colleague to check since he's on official trip. If got, then help me buy lor. I'm asking him to buy the valves cos I heard valves will wear and tear very fast.
Advance congratulations hor!
kao_cheers.gif

Never mind if can't deliver naturally. Afterall, it is beyond our control. Most imptly, bb must be healthy ok? You prepared all your stuff? We shall wait for your birth story and pics! Enjoy today and tomorrow, cos by Mon, there's 3rd party coming
kao_clap.gif

Coral,
How's your mooncake sampling trip kekeke...
biggrin.gif

Wendy,
Agreed with crystallized lor, why need to induce? Your EDD still 2 weeks from now right?

vivian,
Dun worry with the milkflow, just continue to latch on and pump. Wow, at this rate, think Rhys is going to hit at least 6kg when he hits 1 mth old. Did you stock up a lot of NB diapers? He may need to upgrade to S or M size very soon.

Selina
mon is my mum's birthday
happy.gif
congrats to u , be brave for the c section, as long as bb is safe and healthy, u r a noble mum ,k?

jenny,
tks. u let me know lah. most of the stuff prepared liao except for things like the herbs etc but hb will settle that wif my dad. mentally not really prepared, esp for c-sect. spoke to my sis while waiting for nurse to prepare documents and almost cried out leh... dunno y... just felt very lousy... like i'm such a failure kinda feeling... initially told doc i really wanna try for induction natural if cannot then e c-sect but doc really discouraged saying based on his experience, the chances are really really low for my case cos of the shape of my pelvic bone. he says if my pelvic bone is wider, he will definitely encourage me to try but....
sad.gif
anyway, i opted for epidural c-sect n doc is very very encouraging on this as he says it is very gd cos can bond wif bb right away n hb can b wif me too but he really really prepared me mentally for what to expect like what i will see, hear, feel during the process... for that i'm very thankful... i still not very settled mentally actually, not sure if i can sleep these 2 nites... hope i can...

Selina,
Dun think too much of the c-section process. What I heard from colleague is you will hear the sound of the liquid flowing from tubes, like sucking kind of sound. Since you opt for elective c-section, your hb's presence is a moral support to you. Get him to talk to you or maybe check with gynae if able to play some music to give yourself a calm feeling??
Dun feel lousy. Being a mum is not easy. You have been great for the past 9 mths. The method of letting our little ones to this world doesn't matter. You need to take good care of yourself, before you can take good care of your bb. Since gynae suggested you for c-section, you should trust him. Dun go thr the painful process for natural birth and ended with emergency c-section, which will takes a longer time for recovery. Just relax for these 2 days and have a great dinner with your hb tomorrow
happy.gif
Monday is a day you will be looking forward since the 9 mths wait!
happy.gif

selina
sorry to hear u had to go 4 elective c-sect. but the best thing out of this is tt u can do epidural. u will still hear Caleb's 1st cries!
happy.gif
i noe its v disheartening but cheer up and look on the bright side. esp aft gynae has checked and cfm the chances of natural delivery is v low, i think no need to subject urself to more stress by trying and end up emergency c-sect. prepare urself mentally these few days for a new member on mon!
happy.gif

can i ask how gynae checked ur pelvic bone?

jenny
yah the strawberry one is shiok... coz taste is sourish, not typical of those usual mooncakes and v refreshing. if i wasnt pregnant, i really really wld hv bought a box and gorge myself.

my hb went to check out the mooncake fair tdy and he said it was super crowded!!! luckily i was there yest aftn, not much pple.

eh i drank the EYS chix essence this morning. taste not bad, at least much better than Brands'. but both me &amp; hb find the chix essence v light, not as thick as the one my MIL bought. but i dun mind stocking up in fact. juz tt tdy was busy wif other programs, and i cldnt buy a few more boxes to stock up. nvm lah, hope CWP hv this offer soon, if u noe got sales, let me noe.
happy.gif

no news fr u, thot u went to deliver liao.
crazy.gif

btw ask u ah, wat did u lie on when the massage lady is massaging u? bed with towels or? my fren is starting on her massage, she asked me and i am not sure.

jenny,
tks. i guess it will take a little while to sink in to me. haven had time to really settle down on the decision after the visit cos met with some friends immediately for bfast n i had to appear ok... now that alone at home wif hb, finally have some space to myself to prepare myself mentally. tis is a rather 'rude' shock to me actually...

crystallized,
doc checked while doing the cervix check. quite painful lor cos he like twisting and turning his hands inside my vaginal area. tried to relax but cannot lor.

Selina
i thot he scanned u and managed to come up with the conclusion. i am gg to ask my gynae abt this on my mon check up as well.

i guess u need time to let this sink in. hope u dun think too much coz worried u might keep blaming urself aft delivery and end up depressed. do be positive (i noe its really really hard) and concentrate on BFG! u need to b positive so u will hv milk for Caleb ok!
happy.gif

u hv been waiting for a long time to see and hold Caleb and mon is the day! Finally!
kao_clap.gif
b sure to share wif us his cutie photo ok! All of us here will give u moral support! Always look on the bright side.
happy.gif

crystallized,
Yeap, the strawberry one nice, something unique lor.
Expected today to be crowded one lah cos 13 more days to Zhong Qiu Jie mah.
You prefer Yu Ren Sheng to Brands one ah? Ha, me the other way round. But taste ok for me, though the color seems to be lighter, but taste almost the same as Brands one. Dunno when CWP will have the roadshow or not? Quite worth to get it during roadshow. By the way, I realised I got the RPP wrong, should be $16.90 instead of $19.90.
Was busy with work, trying to clear as much as possible lor.
You know those plastic that used to cover the table (material like plastic bag kind)? After eating, just wrap up and throw? Usually comes in red or white. Can be bought from NTUC at dunno 90 cents or $1 per pc. I use that to put on the bed, then 2nd layer is the towel. So that the oil won't touch the bed. Then after massage, just throw.

Selina,
Ya, perhaps you are not mentally prepared, hence you feel sad. Perhaps you will feel excited on Mon! Sleep early hor. When bb arrives, not much time to sleep le.
Yucks... the description for the cervix check makes me shiver... I'm expecting mine to be done on Mon...
sad.gif

hi selina,

dun think so much.
seriously, what is more impt is Caleb is healthy and strong. the method of delivery is secondary. when i am in lsbour, all i can think of is Rhys. I dun care whether i am csect or natural. So think abt you able to cuddle Caleb by monday.
Really, there is nothing that can beat the feeling when you cuddle and hug your precious child. Trust me.

Stay strong and positive! Caleb wants a happy mummy...
happy.gif

Jenny
yah nxt yr then i buy the strawberry one to try.
happy.gif

yah i prefer the EYS one to Brands. Brands one always tasted funny to me. anyway sayang din manage to stock up this round. my hb so idiot, say i nvr give him the clear go-ahead to order so we can hv free delivery when he was at mariott tdy. qi si wo!
angry.gif
nvm lah. hope the nxt round comes soon.
happy.gif
yah i realised the retail price is $16.60.

ok i get wat u mean on the plastic sheets liao. u do on bed ah? think i will prefer lying on mattress leh. i v "gor-tak" my bed one. dun like pple to sit or dirty it. esp my SIL like to sit on it as if its her right. i hate it when she does tt. bu zi dong.

Vivian
well said!
kao_clap.gif
hope Selina can get prepared mentally so she can happily welcome Caleb on mon!
happy.gif

how u coping in the meanwhile?
happy.gif
how r the confinement dishes? bearable anot huh?
uhoh.gif

Hi Crystallized,

Me still coping lah. As I last mentioned, my only problem is BM. The rest I dun see it as problem. Ok lah... the smelly hair is going to be a problem REAL SOON... haa...

Confinement food so far is quite normal. Just fish, meat and vegetable. I always like home-cooked food so until now, quite like it lor. Maybe later when those herbs starts coming in hor, I might not say the same thing liao.. haa...
I bathe everyday with herbs which is quite shiok. Just wanted to wash my hair. Sob...

My wound is quite ok, lucky me. Even my confinement lady was commenting that I can walk real fast and dun even seems like just gave birth. So quite happy abt that.
Maybe just the milk thingy lor. Hb has been trying very hard to tell me to take it easy. if really cannot latch (right now seems like it), just pump lor. If no milk also no choice lor. Come to think of it, I cannot do anything anyway. Sigh.

All i want is Rhys to be healthy and strong. The rest doesnt matter liao.

How are you now? You solid leh, dun seems to gan jiong one... pei fu pei fu...

Selina,

Dun worry abt BF, no one can be worse than me liao. haa.. my friend and SIL were telling me, where got someone so WISHED to have engorgement one... Me lor!! Sigh...

Take your time to adjust to your feelings. Focus on the thot that by monday afternoon, you can SEE caleb finally in flesh... Jia you gal...

Dun worry, I got the feeling that your BF is going to be so much better than mine!!!
happy.gif
I very "jun" one... *wink*

Selina
U hv to b really positive 4 BM to come in, so right aft ur delivery, try to latch on Caleb immed. thats when babies r most alert. update us aft ur delivery soon!
happy.gif
dun think abt depression! choy, choy! go away!

Vivian
hehehehee, so funny! smelly hair!
lol.gif
u started bathing alrdy? thats v fast leh. my mum say muz abstain for 12 days, tts provided i can tahan lah.
lame.gif
as 4 washing hair, did u buy powdered shampoo? i standby 1 btl leh, dunno if i will get a chance to use it. keke

u mean so far confinement dishes haven used any herbs etc to cook? i hope the CL can cook, else will ask my mum to take over! hahaha
biggrin.gif

eh u ah, though wound still quite ok, but still b careful hor? dun walk too fast, afterall u less than 1 wk after delivery only. muz take care.
happy.gif
rest more in bed these 2 wks, as the older folks say.

me ah? solid meh? i worry but nvr say only mah.
crazy.gif
anyway i believe everything is meant to b liao. as long as i tried my best, then juz hope 4 the best. if it dun turn out to b the way i wan it, juz try to stay positive lor. like i had been expecting my bb to arrive since i was 35 wks, till now, when my coll see me, they suan me lah, saying "eh, i heard u say u popping soon, why u still here ah?!" as if i wanted! hahahaa..
lol.gif

so i believe everything happens 4 a reason, though i might not understd why it happens this way. hmmmm... everyday i see my tummy getting bigger, i get so worried and i dun wanna stare at my tummy anymore.
kao_dizzy.gif

vivian,
how abt a set of 4D #???????
happy.gif
so how often Rhys is being fed at night? 2 hourly also? very siong hor...

it's 11 and yet me still wide awake. not like me leh... always get sleepy by 10.30. guess adrenaline too high to sleep now...

wendy,
yes, you use those little plastic cup to feed milk if you're really scared of bb having nipple confusion. Use your judgement cos different bb react differently. my boy could latch on my breast and suckle well so i used the milk bottle instead of the cup. in fact he prefered to latch on that by 1 mth old, he started rejecting the bottle instead. so different set of problem lor.

selina,
take it easy. at least u have more days to be mentally prepared compared to me last time. i was all set to give birth naturally in the labour ward and suddenly bb in distress and kenna emergency c-section. can't describe the kind of fear and uncertainty.
frens who have gone thru epi c-section tell me that it's still a good birth experience for them.
since you're gg for c-section, u should get those abdominal binder to support your tummy after birth. i think your gynae will advise u after that. but if u know of people whom u can borrow from, then don't need to buy. or buy 1 and borrow another one so that u have 2 pieces to use interchangably.

Selina

Must be brave ya and don't be sad, throw away all your thoughts and enjoy your 2 days more with HB, as well all the movements in your womb else u will really miss it. Like all mummy here has said, what matter most is Caleb's health the type of method to deliver is really secondary le. So must Jia You, remember happy mummy = happy baby!

<font color="0000ff">post natal massage for c-section
====================
hi. i need advice on post natal massage. hb says can skip cos wont b effective anymore since i can only do it much much later. so now not sure how?

jenny, any advice? shld i jus sms mdm naini to ask her?</font>

Selina,
Just pop in now &amp; wanna see any good news from you since u r going for ur appt yesterday.
Glad to know tat after 9 mths, finally u can see Caleb on monday. Even that u have to go thru elective c-section, but like most of the mummy here has said, the most impt is Caleb born healthy.
u must jia you oo...&amp; we will wait for u to share ur birth experience with us.
happy.gif

vivan,
wow...Rhys really growing well oo. So fast he already 4kg+. he really a big 'ge ge' among our baby here.
btw, how u monitor his jaundice? thanks for the info tat bb didnt poo will affect jaundice.
so nice u can always pop by here &amp; share with us so much info.

Hi hi jasmine..
Oh, I thot I m the only one that dr koh took a few measurements to "reach" a better wgt..keke..u also ahh..sigh, I thot I have been eating lotsa "sweet" stuff liao then can helped to gain weight &amp; size of my boy..but seems like I was added the weight instead..put on 1.1kg within a wk, cool, right!i think I have reach a stage that I really dun want to go to work..keke..hopefully my boy can co-operate also..can tell that u r ready since ur boy is already engaged..u must be very excited..u got tell ur boss anot..coz I think u might be anytime frm now leh..btw hor, dr koh did the HVS test for me..he say results will only be ready in 4 days..hope everything is ok for me for this test..

Hi hi Vivian..
Oh..Rhys having jaundice ahh..try to bring him near to the window so that can let some sunlight be shine on him..not directly but at least hopefully it might help..do hope he's getting better soon..u too got to take gd care of urself..rest much if possible..very happy to hear that hes growing very well..yeah!

Hi hi crystallized/jenny..
No medical reasons la..just that I want to "stop" work earlier...at the rate of my stress level..i really dun think it's gd for him to stay inside lor..so I was thinking if I shd go to induction..but dr got tell me when he will prefer for me to induce coz usually my dr will be in RH on tues &amp; wed morn..so he say, if I m keen to induce, then ask me to "walk-in" to RH myself on tue morn at 6+7..then he will get the nurses to put me on epi straight away..me actually dun really want to take epi at this point..but if I want to induce then I got to take epi..so I m really thinking lor..

Hi hi selina..
Very excited to hear that u will be cuddling Caleb aft 1pm this coming mon..dun be disappointed..the reward is surely more fruitful..i guess it's very impt that ur gynae gave u his best advice accordingly to ur body's structure..at least he didn't ask u to try natural while knowing that ur body cant take it then who knows got to go via emergency c-sect also not gd, right?be postitive..i m sure u will have a smooth delivery &amp; also in BFG..must update us again on ur birth story &amp; most importantly have a gd rest tonight for ur BIG day ahh!cheers~cheers~cheers ~

Hi hi babygrace..
Okok...will take note of that..thks..thks...oh ya, can tell us more abt the binder?heard abt it..does it really works better?

hi hi jasmine...
oh..i tink it's the strep b test..coz i ask kelly, then she told dr koh i want to do the HVS..i was like ahh, wat's that term..then dr koh asked me to go back to the room &amp; he took some sample of the discharge from my vaginal lor..i duno if this is the test u have done..i paid $36 for this test..oh ya, btw, i just sms u...can u reply me via sms, ok? me logging off now..kekeke..thks..

Selina
kpo my opinion here, 4 the massage, i think depends on the massage lady doing it. the massage lady i am intending to engage was saying can do aft 2 wks, but i noe some others suggested to wait at least 4-6 wks. so u better speak to mdm naini and check out her usual practise.
happy.gif

wendy
its quite risky 2 induce if the baby is not ready and if ur cervix is still thick. there is a possibility leading to emergency c-section. and dun mind me, ur gynae seems more interested to stick to his schedule than to fit urs leh.

think u did Strep B test rite?
happy.gif

Hi Selina,

me coping ok lah. Now can pump abt 10ml of milk (for a long 1 hr). Miserable but at least better than nothing. But now Rhys like getting lazy to suck from me liao. Sigh. Can only keep trying to latch and feed him FM after that. Think he knew that even he keep sucking also not much milk... poor boy...

Now I try latch every 2 or 3 hours interval. But most are not very successful, so end of expressing lor. At night also the same. But becoz at night usually is FM so confinement lady will take care. I just pump and store for her to feed together with the FM. Siong but I sometimes eat snake a bit lah.. hee... Bad mummy...

aiyo, i really so zhun in 4D#, then me "fa" liao lor...

Crystallized,
me started bathing on the second day liao. BTH lah. Keep sweating non-stop. Before feed sweat, after feed sweat, no feed, just sit down also sweat...
So second day, used the herbs and bathe liao. From then on, everyday bathe liao.
But they refused to let me wash hair. but i dun care liao. Today die die will wash my hair!
The confinement food so far is more of sesame oil, ginger, wine i think. CL say later then start the herbs... ok lah, my CL cooking not bad.
Stay positive leh. I like your style. Keep it that way. Dun care what other ppl say. When your bb is ready, he will come out one... Dun worry too much. I believe your bb will be the most positive and happie bb in this thread coz of mummy mah!! Jia you!

babygrace,
I also tried to use those plastic cup to feed Rhys but he is always so gan jiong, so scared he got choke leh... so not very successful. End up with bottle liao.
I think I rather have the problem of bb rejecting bottle then rejecting my breast leh.

ABS BINDER
===========
Selina, according to both my SILs who had csect, the hospital will provide the binder right from the first day. Counted in the bill. So up to you whether you want to buy first or not. I am getting one on monday at Mt Alvernia too.
So far, I gathered that the brand, DALE (white packaging) is very good and recommended by most hospital. TMC and Mt. E used them. I am going to get that too. Costed abt $57++ i think. You might want to consider. Heard from Sept thread that Mustafa also got sell very cheap ones but not adjustable. Not sure.
Since both my SILs recommend that, I will just buy lah.
BTW, normal pharmacy dun have. I tried Guardian liao. Nope.

Jasmine,
Jaundice can see quite clearly if serious. My boy can see that he is yellowish lor. So just monitor that his yellowish dun get worse. The rest can only be tested by blood test liao. Aiyo, even now I remember the moment the nurse poke Rhys's leg for blood test, I still wanted to cry... SIM TIA AH....

Vivian
hahaha, yah i heard, u sweat all the time, even doing nothing, and esp when u BF. think v siong man! kekeke
biggrin.gif
tts how we lost weight i think. coz its sauna conditions!
lol.gif
but u dun use the fan rite? so stay in aircon rm?

Jia You for yr BFG, dun give up. get a hot drink, massage ur breasts b4 u express or latch Rhys on.
happy.gif

eh i think i BTH not washing hair oso. let me see how many days i can tahan....
biggrin.gif

hahaha, i hope i wun kena depression aft delivery man. a totally different new lifestyle wif a new member in the hse that is v noisy!
biggrin.gif
the little fellow gotta b ready liao lah. i am close to 39 wks man. he gotta pop by nxt wk, i think. see wat gynae says at the check up tmrw.

Selina,
Like what vivien mentioned, mine is the DALE one which i got from the hospital pharmacy and my SIL passed me hers also. Good to have 2 pieces cos i stained mine with lochia blood while lying down in hospital bed, so at least can wash and use the other one.
i used mdm naini also. had the massage 2 weeks after. it really depends on you. For me, psychologically i didn't feel comfortable being bind so tightly, somehow got this fear that the stitches will split so i didn't keep the binding on for long. But i still enjoyed the massage to soothe away the aches and pains. So this time round, i'll still have the massage but probably will not do the binding.

vivien,
i agree that rejecting bottle compared to rejecting breasts is a happier problem. it was ok for me cos i took 6 mths off to look after him so i wasn't too worried. i've friends whose bb reject the bottle and go on milk strike when mommy is at work. so different set of problem lor.
Whatever it is, just try to keep up with either pumping or latching. even if u can't fully bf Rhys, partial is better than nothing.

crystallized,
enjoy your final week! life will never be the same again
happy.gif

i'm trying to enjoy my last few weeks with 1 child now, can't imagine bringing 2 out the next time. haha!

hi hi crystallized..
i guess the reason why my gynae can let me "choose" the day is bcoz on mon (25-09), he already had pre-booked appts at the clinic..if i really want, then the nurses have to call those patients to change their appt to another timing..it's not really fair to them also..was imagining maybe out of the patients, got some took leave &amp; waited very long for 25/09 to see dr then bcoz of me wanting to induce then got to let them change appt..not very nice also lor..so tht's why he tell me that he will usually be at the hospital on tue &amp; wed instead of mon..even thou i wanted very much to tell him on mon, i guess since i hv yet to decide on induction, so he just tell me if i want, then i can "walk-in" on tue morn to RH lor..i guess for the time being i will just wait for the labour to start ba..ya, i guess the HVS is also known as strep b test ba..since he needs to take some discharge from the vaginal area..thou painful but at least can endure lah..

hi hi vivian..
u r trying ur best liao..just continue &amp; dun give up..i m sure it will be rewarding lor..take gd care &amp; hope u get to find time to rest also..thks for taking time to come in &amp; update us..really nice of u..glad to hear that u also enjoying the confinement food...i guess it's gd also..do hope Rhys gets better in the jaundice..

wendy,
forgot to reply u earlier on the abd binder.
it helps for c-section mommies to support the wound. The binder also comes in useful during massage/binding cos other than tying with the cloth binder, the masseur will also use this binder.

Back