(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

Beyond,
When u calculate based on last menses date, it usually assumes a cycle of 28 days. The scan machine usually calculates based on the size of the sac to estimate the gestation age.
Just like me, if i calculate based on LMD, it'll be 12 oct but i know it's not right cos this time round, my cycle is longer (that's why i got pregnant cos i thought it was safe period). And according to the scan machine, my EDD is 23 oct.
Not to worry too much. As the term EDD suggest, it's just an estimate plus / minus about 1 week.

Hi babygrace,

Thanks for your advise. I will be visiting my gynae again next week. Hope to hear some good news then.

babygrace,
Congrats! You had 2 failed pregnancies b4 your boy?? Sorry ah, forgot your boy name le...

Gemini,
You shouldn't restrict yourself to apples only leh. Try to take small amt of different fruits.

Wendy,
Haha, I feel hor, now talk abt confinement still early.
I bought the Mother and Baby Mar issue yesterday. Quite a number of topics of pregnancies. If you gals manage to buy it, read it. It talks about how to ease MS, what food to eat etc. It also listed the exhibtors for the coming Babycare Festival at EXPO. But the exhibitors dun look attractive to me, personally dun feel is worth going down unless you stay nearby. The only thing that attracts me is the subscription for this mag cos this mag is so hard to find/buy.

smileybaby,
Dun worry, is common that the sac can't be seen during week 5, it is too small.

coral,
If you really feel sick with the MS, try to get longer rest rather than a few day mc each week. I have rested for almost 2 weeks and now I feel good. Reporting work next week.

babe76,
Wendy has replied on your qns on the referral letter. For KKH, if you are a referral patient, your charges will be less. However if you are not, the charges will more or less same as private hospital.

doggiemummy,
why sian day??? You still have another 9 mths to go... Cheer up! I dunno how true is this hor, but my colleagues told me quite true and it has been turned out true to my gal. They said we as a MTB must be happy thr out the whole pregnancy, if we moody or grumble hor, next time bb will also the same one. If we happy and smile everyday, our bb will be happy and smile often.

jenny,

Sian cos need to work... my working environment no good I guess... Everyday need to face nasty people, need to complete projects that my ex-boss (Engineer) cant complete. My current boss (Manager) is very understanding to my condition, as he have a few kids already. But the engineer is always finding ways to push things to me, though he have a few kids too but he is not understanding one lor. My Manager seems to be waiting for myself to "block" away the workload
sad.gif

There is a Engineer resigning soon, and the people here eyeing on me to cover her work... sigh...
My backups acting blur dont want to pick up my jobs, I was on MC last month and my backup kept calling me, until i was so fedup.

Partically also because I know I will resign from here next year after I have given birth, so my attitude changed too

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif

hi hi babygrace..
why not those wired ones? affect the milkduct as in? i already got mine with the underwire..how? i kept wearing it 24/7 now..feel better with the support on..

hi hi Beyond..
welcome to the thead! do hope to hear from u more often..cheers~

hi hi Jenny..
thks for sharing abt the magazine..ok, i wil go & check it out..decide on confinement now is still ok lah but looking aft the bb aft the confinement period, we will only discuss when the bb's born then..

hi hi Jas Tan...
i m not sure if u can get it at any phamacy..but i think it's better to get a doc to prescribe to u ba...

hi hi doggiemummy..
watever it is, now must ren 1st lor..if u really feel very xin-ku, then might want to consider discussing with ur hubby & decide..try not to let it affect ur mood..stay happy & cheerful..at least it will be gd to the bb too..cheers~

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif

Jas,
You can get the folic acid from Guardian Pharmacy. They are the same from gynae but much cheaper! $2.75 for 50 tablets if I remember correctly.

doggiemummy,
Your job sounds like mine. Imagine I have a few bosses calendars to handle and now I'm involved with the project works with the engineers and scientists! I have no one to cover my work. So for my past 2 weeks absence from work, all my work will be KIV till I'm back in office next week. Well, what to do? Miserable pay yet so much work! However, my big boss is not a bad person lah, but he depends on me too much, I feel... My other bosses suck and push all kinds of shit jobs to me. If not becos of my big boss, I have long leave the company.

Think of this way lah, all companies are the same. Quitting the current one doesn't mean the next one is better. Frankly speaking, if I quit from my current company, I will be SAHM.

Hi Jas,

Re: Folic Acid
I'm taking 1 tab/day (5mg) every morning ever since TTC. I bought this from my GP.

But after my first visit to the gynae yesterday, she asked me to take 2 tab/day, one in the moning and one at nite (5mg/tab). The folic acid from GP and Gynae are the same brand. But I'm not very sure of the brand leh. I only saw DHA (Drug houses of Australia).

Jenny
What is SAHM??
In this type of environment how to be happy and smiling all the time?? Have some friends here, but everyone is busy with their own things.

<font color="ff6000">hi jas</font>
while i was TTC for my #2, i bought from NTUC's pharmacy, Unity, their housebrand's.. abt $2.50 for 100 tablets
its the same small yellow tablet which my gynae prescribe to me..

but if u r preggie n u've seen a gynae, he/she will prescribe this to u too.

<font color="ff6000">doggiemummy</font>
ya, shd try to stay happy n cheerful
quite true i find, my gal also always smiling .. hehehe...
happy.gif

SAHM = Stay At Home Mum

tonight is my nx chkup!
hope to see something more than juz the sac
happy.gif

kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif

hi hi doggiemummy..
then u might want to discuss w/ hubby to see if u both can cope w/o u working for the time being..if not, it's keep affecting ur mood..also no good..must stay happy lor..keep smiling..u will find ur mood better also..cheer-up~

hi hi chihiro..
do keep us posted on ur next appt..i also looking forward to the next appt on 11 mar..cant wait for it to come..heehee..

kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif

Ya SAHM = Stay At Home Mum

I've rescheduled my checkup which is scheduled this Fri to next Fri cos HB is away for ICT... I want him to watch the scan and hear the bb heartbeat with me. Ha, though not first time, but I still want him around kekeke...

I read these from Mother and Baby Mar issue...

Morning Sickness
Peppermint, spearmint and lemon are great for preventing nausea. Pour up to 4 drops on a hanky and inhale.

Indigestion
Pour a few drops of lemon essential oil onto a hanky or tissue and inhale after a meal.

chihiro...
will try too, thanks. Cos people here start flocking to me when they know I am pregnant... like come and kpo type lor, not sincere, so they always succeed in spoiling my moods

Wendy,
Stay at home also have nothing to do
happy.gif

I have noone to smile to, hehee

Another article...

Beat Morning Sickness
- eat little and often, because nausea feels worse if you have empty stomach
- drink flat fizzy drinks (try ginger ale)
- anything lemony
- eat plain carbohydrates like dry toast or cereal, especially 1st thing in the morning
- warm rice water, just drink the water you've boiled rice in

Snack Attack, Top nibbles for 1st trimester
- Crystallized ginger
- Breaksticks or crackers
- Dried fruits or seeds
- Water with bit of lemon juice squeezed in
- Leafy green veg, like spinach and lettuce

Foods to avoid
- Raw eggs can contain salomella, which won't harm your baby, but may make you vomit, and give you diarrhea and fever. Eggs that haven been thoroughly cooked are fine
- Soft whipped ice cream, pate and soft or blue cheese may carry the listeria bacteria, which can cause miscarriage
- Rare or uncooked meat can carry toxoplasmosis which can harm your body
- Avoid Seafood unless thoroughly cooked. You should also restrict tuna, shark, swordfish, and marlin to one serving a mth, as they are high in heavy metals
- Ready to eat poulty or undercooked ready meals can carry listeria. Make sure anything you eat is heated until piping hot, and don't eat anything after its sell by date
- Pre-packed salads, and dressed salads can carry listeria or toxoplasmosis
- Liver contains high levels of Vit A, which can damage your baby
- Peanuts should be avoided if you have a family history of allergy

<font color="ff6000">doggiemummy</font>
im happy when i get to eat wat i crave for .. haha
e.g. cakes!!! muffins!!! *drooL*

farni thing for this preg, im still able to eat rice for meals.. 1st preg's 1st trim, i only want to eat soupy stuff like kway teow soup, bee hoon soup, fish soup..
later im gg to hv jap food (no sushi/sashimi of coz)... keke... *happy liao*

The list of exhibitors for the coming BBCare Festival at Expo. Looks like more slimming beauty salons, bb classes and insurance... Not much stuff for buying bb stuff.

Accord Network Service Pte Ltd
AIA Insurance
ALJ Supplies (S) Pte Ltd
Apricot Distribution Network Pte Ltd
BABIES INC - Infant Montessori Sch
BabB Supplies - King's Kids
Beyond Beauty International
Boehringer Ingelheim
Citispa
Cadi Scientific Pte Ltd
Delphin (S) Pte Ltd
Derma Floral Beauty Pte LTd
Dynamic Resources Pte Ltd and Mom in Mind
Friesland (S) Pte LTd
GD Baby's Programs (S) Pte Ltd
Genius R Us
Grolier Int'L Inc
Growing Fun Pte LTd
Haach Face, Skin Bodycare Pte Ltd
Hair Art Cinderalla
J &amp; E Body and Mothercare Products Pte Ltd
Landom DIstributions PTe LTd
Learning Vision Int'l Pte LTd
MediaCorp Publishing
Miele Pte Ltd
Modern Montessori Int'L
Nano World (S) Pte Ltd
Nardia Laboratory
Nestle (S) Pte Ltd
NTUC Income Insurance
Organic Wellness
OSIM Int'L Ltd
Palmax
Pharmed Import and Export Pte LTd
Raffles Creative Learning (S) Pte Ltd
Robust Life &amp; Compact Pte Ltd
Song-Cho (Imp &amp; Exp) Pte Ltd
Summit Co (S) Pte Ltd
Theresa Beauty Slimming &amp; Fitness
HSBC Ltd
Totalife (S) Pte Ltd

chihiro,
I different from you... I can't take chinese food one... can only take western food, bread or pizza. Anything tat is dry...

I keep complaining that i am fat... last night's dinner and this morning's breakfast, ate lesser than usual (can't finish my food), think baby pai seh to eat so much... so guilty

HI ladies,
just came back from scan - no good. should be almost 7 weeks but gynae said should be 6 weeks, and cannot see the embryo tho waterbag grown bigger. if next week, scan again dun have means confirm cannot make it. but im prepared its gone. think my hubby sad but didnt show, he's surprised that i didnt cry. this should be case of blighted ovum, which seems common.
Is it easier or more difficult to conceive again?

Hi thewife,
Don't think too much. maybe wait till bext week lol. the important thing is u must take care yourself , ok?

kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif

hi hi jenny..
thks so much for the info..really very nice of u to post out to share with us..so will u stil be gg to the Baby Festival?

hi hi doggiemummy...
then u decide ba, no choice coz we are working for the $..try to stay happy lor..it will be better for the baby..try to listen to some music, maybe it helps to smoothen ur mood? i think for the sake of bb, even if u grow fat, also nvm mind lah, at least u know that the bb's absorbing ba..cheers~

hi hi the wife..
stay positive..maybe must wait till 7th wks onward to have a better view? dun over-stress urself..try to relax urself..cheers~

kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif

hi hi Jasmine..
how have u been lately? didnt see u posting..how's ur wedding preps? ok? do take gd care of urself..cheers~

Hi everyone,

Wow... here is so active... only few days never log in and
I am 2 archives away... =)

Anyway, I went to my gynae to check on my hip-ache and
she told me that I must have over-pull or hurt the joint that is inbetween my spine and hipbone which is very common.
Hurt like hell, cannot even stand straight when brushing teeth.
So 4 days MC to let me bed rest...

Slightly better now and so glad that she do a scan for me to check on my bb too... 9 wks old and 2.5cm big... hee....
so exciting... really cannot wait to do another scan again...

Thanks for all the welcome....
Keep in touch...

Viv

hi wendy,
not depressed but feel very sian. cos Im still feeling a but nauseous after my meals, seems like suffering for nothing.

i am sooooooo worried cos i am not feeling nauseous since yesterday, is it normal? wonder why and can't sleep when think why i am feeling better

kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif

hi hi vivian..
nice to hear that ur bb is 2.5 cm at 9th wk..so excited..i m also seeing my bb on the 11th Mar (9th wk)..so looking forward to seeing bb lor..u must take gd care of urself..try not to walk ard too much..cheers~

hi hi the wife..
since u r still showing symptons, then i guess shd be ok, dun stress urself too much..will affect ur mood &amp; not gd for bb also..relax &amp; calm urself down...get some rest during the weekend..u may feel better also..make sure u r eating well still..take some fruits..hope u feel better, ok? hugs..

kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif

hey thewife,

Dun give up... dun feel sad... it will only make things worse...
Relax and hope for the best...
he/she will show up to mummy one...

Viv

hi hi wendy...
Thanks... i think only we mothers can really understand each other on the excitment that is going on as we are carrying the bb inside us... Every scan is like looking at a miracle growing...

hi hi Weikuan,
Dun worry... as time goes, you will feel better. Nothing wrong about that... I felt horrible during my first few weeks and basically cannot eat at all. Now even still in my 1st trimester, I felt better... can eat better too... so dun worry... the bb and you is synchonizing as time goes.... rest more and eat well....
How many weeks are you?

Viv

HI the wife, do give up and don't feel sad. According to LMP I'm suppose to be 8wks, but scan only show 7wks. But i tell myself, each bb grow at their own pace, let's not be too anxious. Take good care of yourself. Well, soetimes we may suffer for nothing, but there's always a reason. I'm sure you would rather have bb born healthy. Anyway every preg is different, so don't let one expereince afferct your future plans.
No, I curb my indigestion and MS by eating only sweets to give me energy. My poor bb has no food for a few days liao, but I just can't swallow any food. Hope this will be over soon.

Hi wendy,
i'm fine. tks. yeah..going to m'sia tonite and will b back on next monday. having a small wedding ceremony there. aftertat next week will b my big day lol. hav to remember bring back my folic acid. the main thing in my mnd now. i going 2 c dr. koh next thursday. will update u! take care

hi hi vivian..
true, i agree..i m really looking forward to see bb, coz everytime i m there, it's a diff kind of experience &amp; feeling..i guess it will be more wonderful when we can feel the bb's movement..heehee.

kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif

hi hi coral..
i think u shd still eat something even thou u r feeling quite badly..the bb cannot go for even 1 day w/o food..it's impt..at least u shd drink something warm..hope u r getting better..

hi hi Jasmine..
u must take gd care of urself..enjoy ur wedding ceremony..eat more &amp; dun starve urself..cheers~ do keep me posted again..

kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif

Thanks doggiemummy and Wendy. I try to squeeze in some nutrients. Tis morn I manage 1/2 glass of milo. I had some can lychee last night. Scary thing is I'm loosing weight. Which is definitely not my intention. I tried to eat proper meals, but I'll throw up every single bits until my gastric juice come out. So dare not eat food now. Maybe I'll go buy more fruits to eat. Wonder if my bb is vegetarian???

Back