(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

Brenda
Haha.. thanks for your compliments for Keira
happy.gif
. Oh..her cries...hmm..ok la.. sometimes rather "dair" --(hmm..slang..dunno how to say in english haha) ...
Oh..I oso hv the bumbo chair in the same colour!! i did not hv to buy though coz handed down from bro. Keira is also learning to sit in it.. but ofcoz can't sit long...
Arianne does look abit angmoh too...
Oh.. yes.. I shld check with my PD this sat!! Will update u.. haha.. i will ask PD to take a look and see if its really a TOOTH haha

Michelle
Thanks for compliments too.. haha.. I wish these compliments are on ME too.. hahahaha
Actually.. you try guiding ethan's elbows to be place on ground and slowly he will be able to do it. We also guided keira into this position... and seems she quite like it coz she can see us and everything hahaha

enzo: keira and arienne.... woo hoo.. so pretty... *drools... shall we go on a date when we are a lil older??? hehe... oops... i almost forgot i alr have a gf.. shhh....

i am considering getting a bumbo... but if i get it now, will enzo outgrow it too quickly??? i alr have a walker(i know many mommies are against this) and a highchair.... but the bumbo serves a diff purpose ya? hmmm.....

keira: enzo...i m keeping my options open and u shld too.. haha...date me anytime... ;p

Princessemma: my purpose fo using bumbo is really to "train" keira to sit and it oso provides good support.. and i can bring around easily to parents in law home on weekends so she does not hv to keep lying down haha

dumpty,
hee hee hee... gabe looks so cheeky! in that pic, he looks a little like ilovebabies' rachel!! love his pajamas coz i love peter rabbit!

brenda,
arianne has got nice big eyes! yeap, i'll check with my PD at our next appt. and yeah, i saw online too that it's hereditary
sad.gif
my dad has sweaty palms! oh dear... but it skipped 1 generation coz my brother, sister and i are all ok... hmm...

cereal,
happy birthday keira! cereal, i like what u did with her photos... nice little collage
happy.gif

crystallised,
hahahaha! the t-shirt is so funny! and love reubern's pose... look what i found! DN has a similar pose!!

649588.jpg
649589.jpg

and because of DN's white alibaba pants and vest, he looks like...

649590.jpg

Aladdin!!!!!

brenda,
here's the latest list...

Mummy+Baby Attending:
1) Brenda + Arianne
2) Joon + DN
3) Daisybuttons + Jovann
4) Phoebe + Javier

my hb will be coming along too. (someone's gotta carry the pram and pay for coffee & cake right!?!? haha)

<u>Sweaty Palms</u>
Thanks mummies, for sharing
happy.gif
i LOVE this forum!

crystallised, sorry, typo error. his hands are not dripping wet, but sweaty and clammy, like they weren't dried properly. i was worried coz i always had this naive impression that bbs will always smell nice, don't sweat and remain powder dry all the time!!!! hahaha, so stupid!

michelle,
ethan too? well, surgery is out of the question for me too!

Joon
so funnie!!!! aladdin pants!
lol.gif
and yes DN really hv the aladdin combination!
rofl.gif

R stinks at times oso. at his ears, neck and sometimes stink of milk. hahaha, but most times he does smell nice though.

Cereal
ur girl's head is so strong now. mine juz refused to lift up.

Brenda
Arianne is so pretty and bet she will b a hot babe when she grows up.
happy.gif
yeah, she looks "mixed"...

probably wun b joining wkdays one unless hb can oso make it. i wan him to learn how to play wif our baby too.

nvm am sure there r chances 4 me to join u mummies one of these days.

Michelle
Ethan so handsome now!!!
lol.gif
got such lovely eyes!

dumpty
did u shave gabriel's hair? i am gonna shave R's hair when he turns 4 mths in 2 wks time. all the hair dropping is making his head look patchy and so ah beh like!
crazy.gif

crystallised,
ya, so funny hor? it was my MIL who put him in that outfit. when i saw him, i burst out laughing, but of coz didn't tell her tt her sense of fashion was a bit "funny"!!

Hey, so many matchmaking going on har !!! Can Cayden join in the 'race' too kekeke..

Hey Brenda and Cereal, Both Arianne and Kiera are so pretty !!

Bumbo
-----
We are the kiasu parent. Bought the bumbo when i was pregnant!!! hahaha.. The reason why i bought it is same as cereal. I had brought the bumbo to my friend's Xmas party too! This allow both hb and me have some 'hands free' time to eat while he sits there quietly!
happy.gif

Here is a picture of Cayden in his lime green bumbo
happy.gif
649660.jpg

hee cayden looks so contented in his bumbo n looking at the lights
happy.gif

can i ask how long ur babies will sit in the bumbo b4 they start fidgeting n making noise?

Haha.. can't believe we modern mums are doing match-making for our bbs!! haha... gosh... i hope they dun blame us...hahahaha....

Orange
Cayden looks really "independent" in his bumbo...hehe. And good that he can actually sit there by himself while u guys enjoy ur meal!! haha.. keira wld hv wail for our attention!

Michelle
I am not sure abt the rest, but I dun usually put keira on bumbo for too long.. max I think 10 mins or less... coz I notice that sometimes she will regurgitate milk while sitting in it.. haha.. but bumbo is really lightweight and easily portable!
happy.gif

Joon
Keira says: Thank you auntie joon...keke.. u r the only one who wished me happy birthday.. my mummy din even wish me .... *sob*

Good weekend mommies,
Unfortunately my company have limited internet access so i can't surf to this forum as often as I want to. So sad *sob sob*

Bumbo Seat
Hey so nice! But quite ex leh. How long can it last? Any other place to get other than Mothercare?

Nursing
I read the some of the babies here are on nursing strike and refuse to latch. Is it b'cos some of you mommies here are weekend mommies? BB and me are both doing ok. I latch her at nights everyday and full days on weekends and holidays. She takes 3 bottles during the day. I think she's used to this arrangement and adapts fine. Sometimes when she's cranky, she will go on a short nursing strike but I will sayang2 her and she will latch. I find that she can now feed at 4 hours interval. Longest is 4.5hours but nowadays, I try to give her both boobs instead of one at each feed and she gobble the milk up hungrily. Besides i'm so used to pumping that my other boob will get engorged if neglected.

Sweaty Palms
Nope don't have it.

Playgroup
Sorry mommies. Can't participate my girl in any playgroups. I am one of those who will allow my girl to go out and mingle after 1 yr old. I also plan to exclusively breastfeed her till she's 6 months. From then on, will introduce some solid to her. Won't start her at 4 months yet. I need to make sure she's strong enough to build resistance against food allergies.

Can't believe I have been breastfeeding her for 4 months! another 2 months and I will achieve my target! Yippeeee!

I love all the babies' pictures. Please keep them coming!!!

My girl is also 4 months today!! Happy 4 months to Ethan and Keira!

Joon,
Oh..forgot to tell u regarding sweaty palms.. YES.. keira has sweaty palms.. and not only that, she has sweaty legs, feet, and even head!!! arrghhhhh..... next time grow up got boys want her or not leh???!!!????
sad.gif

Hey Brenda,

me also interested in GymB class.. check with hubby first n will let u know..
happy.gif

Here is boyish looking Jadelle in her bumbo.. i bought it thru this forum brand new for 50 sgd..
happy.gif
649862.jpg

Michelle,
jadelle will sit in it for like 15-20minutes?
usually i put it on top of my dining table so she can watch us eat and we can still chat with her.. keke..

cystallised &amp; michelle,

do you latch your kids on weekday evenings? cos that will help them get used to arrangement.. and if you want them to still latch, ask hubby or cargiver to give the bottle and you do not give the bottle..

Jadelle will scream now if i don't latch her when i am around. She refuse the bottle then. And it is a must that her 9-10pm feed must be via the boob.. even if i give her bottle she only drink like 30ml and will refuse to drink up and will wail to be latch. I latch her 100% on weekends too.. even though what i pump out isn't enough for her 3-4 feeds when i am at work.. so weird hor?

ilovebabies,
why not latch her on during CNY? if u want, u can bring pump along lor.. and pump out n feed her immediately.. and bring out 1 full feed of ebm then. usually when i go out with jadelle, i will feed her in car on the way.. 10 min each side.. then reach destination, she will either zzz or play and smile. then once back in car, i latch her on again.. in between i probably need to borrow a spare room and juz latch her on then..if we are staying more then 1 hr.. will that work? i don't bother to wear nursing clothes, but clothes that are easy to pull downwards.. e.g. tube dress..with tube bra!

Aiyo... all the babies looked so cute in their bumbo. Feel like getting one also leh.

Anyone intend to get or already give the brown rice with si shen from yu ren sheng to baby?

jasmine
i've been trying to latch E at nite but not regularly. mebbe tats y he behaves like dat huh. on wkends i dont latch him whole day oso - mebbe only once or twice. i guess its my own fault then that he behaves like dat
sad.gif
well anyway i told myself not to get too stressed or sad over this cos as long as he is having BM i shd oredi be very happy
happy.gif
another 2 more mths n he would hv been on BM exclusively for 6 mths!

Melissa &amp; jasmine
i am a wkend mummy but i go over to visit my boy every wkday w/o fail. and i latch him on at least once during wkdays evenings, twice if possible. and its 100% latch during wkends so i cant figure out why on earth he is rejecting me.
sad.gif
i will treasure every chance to latch him.

tdy he was ok wif latching. when i brought him back to my mum's plc juz now, he started fussing again. i wonder issit coz he recognise the plc as in he muz b fed via btl or he is juz not hungry?!

he is stressing me out man.
sad.gif

Bumbo Seat | Didnt know its so popular! Any more bbs in Bumbos? We should ask Bumbo for endorsement fees right?!

Ariannes happy in it cos its her new toy, heehee.. So far she has sat through dinner (as in the adults having dinner), but Id think its better to release bbs from Bumbo every 20 mins for blood circulation purpose. If you could see from my pic, we did keep her entertained with a noisy hand toy.

Jasmine Lau | Ditto! Mainly to keep her in there while we munch ya.. Eh, good steal you got!

Princess Emma | Maybe can try padding your high chair with Enzo sitting in it? We bought it cos Arianne doesnt want to lie down anymore and demands to sit up these days. Haiz. Yes, I agree with Cereal and Michelle that its a very portable seat for our bbs..

Cereal | Heh.. You made me think for damn damn looong in search for the English word dair I dont think theres any word in English that can correctly describe it or Im just bad with my vocab.. bleah..
Also, when someone compliments your girl, naturally its also indirectly referring to you what.. *ahem* =P

Crystallised / Cereal / Michelle | I think Arianne got 1/8 Thai blood in her, heehee.. hence the not too Chinese looks. Ive 1/4 of Thai blood inherited from my grandma who came from Chiangmai =)But I think it's more like Malay than Eurasian la..

Sweaty Palms | Michelle &amp; Joon, dont worry too much about the sweaty palms.. These days its a tiny op, very cosmetic in fact (like eyebrows tattoo la..). If bb does have it, he can decide whether to op when he grows up!

<font size="+1">| GymB Trial Class, next Sunday 21 Jan @3pm |</font>

Mummy+Baby Attending:
1) Brenda + Arianne
2) Joon + DN
3) Daisybuttons + Jovann
4) Phoebe + Javier
5) Dumpty + Gabriel

Joon | Me bringing hub too, need a chauffeur cum Maria.. hee But I like your part of paying for the coffee.. funny you!

Phoebe | Great! The more the merrier! But Ill need yours and Javiers last names and your mobile for easy contact, please PM me ok?

dumpty | Gotcha PM! See ya..

Crystallised | Yup! Im sure we can always go for another class or a gathering with all here! That would be so fun..

Jasmine Lau | Sure! Just PM me yours and bbs full names plus your mobile ya!

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">The babies in this thread are all beauty/hunk contest material!</font></font> Sorry cant help it, have to scream..

Brenda

Sorry where is GymB again ? and how much is the trial class ? So sorry, i am lost in so many threads. Me and my hubby and of cos my Rachel shld be able to go. I'll PM u my contacts. tks for organising !

Eling

Today my Rachel started on brown rice cereal. My MIL home made it. It has brown rice, ikan bills and some herbs (including si shen) that is toasted and grind to powder. Then she cook it over small fire for abt a few mins until the powder becomes "gluey" (err how do u describe that?)

Anyway Rachel was not very good in being spoon feed initially but after a while, she seems to get the hang of it and start sipping the cereal off the spoon ! hehe v cute. She even cried for more when she finished it ! Oh and we fed her 30mins before her feeding time. Luckily she still managed to finish her regular milk intake.

So my MIL suggests we feed her once a day and slowly increase if she is able to.

I bought the BUMBO seat at last yr motherhood fair at $72, jasmine, u've got urself a good deal leh !

Jasmine

I am ok with latching but Rachel is very naughty leh .. she will latch halfway and cry for bottle. I cant expect to let her cry at ppl's hse leh .. so I rather bring EBM along and pump. Very scared supply will drop during CNY. If need to then gotta leave early for home then ... guess with kids, it is unavoidable. hehe cant enjoy CNY as much as we did !

Gals,

I have been expressing for 5 mths oredi and only recently, I have very sore nipples. Can see some dry skin on my nipple too. I tried to apply BM on my nipples after each express and air it dry. But it doesnt help. I am using Medela Dual Electric and each pull of the nipple is quite painful. Sometimes I really dread pumping becos of the pain but I cant skip leh .. else ss not enough.

Oh and I did not even turn it the max suction power. How ah ? ..
sad.gif

<font size="+1">| Latest Update>> GymB Trial | </font>

Mummy+Baby Attending:
1) Brenda + Arianne
2) Joon + DN
3) Daisybuttons + Jovann
4) Phoebe + Javier
5) Dumpty + Gabriel
6) ilovebabies + Rachel

<font color="ff0000">GYMBOREE</font>
Date/Time: 21 Jan, Sunday @3pm
Location: 3rd Floor Tanglin Mall (Carpark is shared with Trader's Hotel. Taxi stand is right in front of the building's entrance)
Trial Class Cost: S$34.00
Session: 45 minutes (Start at 3pm)
Note: Accompanying adult has to wear socks and bring along a cloth/blankie to lay on the mat for bb to lie down. No need cushy ones cos GymB's floor has comfy mats.
No worries for BFDG mums.. There's a lockable BF room on 3rd floor.

<font color="ff0000">Shall we meet at 2.40pm outside right outside GymB?</font> There's a bench next to the escalator.

Also, <font color="ff0000">coffee session right after the class ok?</font> There's a cafe on 2nd floor, the ciabatta (spell?) there is SUPERBLY delicious!

ilovebabies | No worries! =)

<font color="ff0000">Any other mummies interested to join us? The more the merrier and I can bargain for more with GymB. Will try to get a discount for all!</font>

Hi Brenda,
I am interested in GymB but I am not able to make it for the next weekend coz my hubby work on Sat so we left with only Sunday to get stuff needed for the coming CNY and also we need to do some touch up and spring cleaning on the house before CNY as well.

Most likely will only after CNY. Keep me posted on the class and so on.

Ilovebabies,
You try the milk on Rachel? How did it go??

As for the sore nipple, maybe you can try expressing by hand for one or two sessions till your nipple get slightly better in the same time go and get a nipple cream from any pharmacies or kiddy palace I remember seeing them there before and apply on it. Just don't keep pushing yourself too hard and get all stress up ok. You are already doing GREAT!!!

As for the CNY latch on why dont you try using the sling and just go to a room or a corner and get your hubby to watch "water" for you. You can try it out at home till you are much comfortable with it.

Yesterday when I saw Ang and his baby it remind me of Sherilyn when she is only a month or two she tends to cry a lot as well. How time fly past us for all you know the next we will be talking about them going to which school. .. hahahaha

ilovebabies
could ur sore nipples be due to the breast shield being too small? i remember when i 1st started using my medela i oso get very sore nipples then i realised its cos the shields r too small, ie each time the nipple get sucked in, it will rub against the sides of the plastic. so i went n bot bigger shields n everything is ok now. so u may wanna check on tat part lah. n in the meantime like wat sha mention, buy nipple cream n hand express 1st lor. hope you recover speedily
happy.gif

crystallised
dun be stressed out over ur kiddo not wanting to latch. like dat he will feel it even more n then it becomes a vicious cycle cos each time u force him to latch, he get more stressed n refuse to! so take it easy yah. at least when u bring him home for the wkends he guai guai latch rite? tats gd mah. for me, i stop forcing ethan (yah i was pushing his head to my boob too) n then yesterday morning n last nite, when his mood is a bit better, he manage to latch again. but quite erratic one lah he. so i really must catch him in the right mood :p

melissa
u remmeber my boy's 4-mth old 'birthday'! thks
happy.gif
hope ur ger had a great day yesterday too!

BURPING
i think someone asked this qn b4: can we stop burping our babies after every bottle feed now? or else must continue until how old ah? i notice my boy sometimes 'auto-burp' now, ie w/o patting his back he will do it himelf. does it mean they r capable of clearing air themselves oredi hence no need us to burp them?

funny! i juz posted but where did my posting go to!!!

Michelle
i am trying not to force my boy to latch but still i am trying hard. dunno wat went wrong.
sad.gif
really wished he cld talk and tell me!
i think muz wait till he is really hungry then can latch. now i am quite terrified of latching him and he fuss again.
lets hope our babies will like latching again soon. else stressed man.

as 4 burping, i am guilty of not doing tt long ago. coz usually aft latching, i will put him in sitting position and he will quto burp. and even if he doesnt, i oso 4got to burp 4 him! hahahaa...
lol.gif

ERGO CARRIER
alot of mummies using it rite? Joon posted the other day and said it was pretty gd. i am thinking of getting one so my hb can use it. any feedbacks fr mummies pls?
happy.gif

Brenda.. the photomontage thing.. haha very easy..but u need to install Windows Vista and Office 2007 which are the latest microsoft software and it comes with the template in powerpoint...haha. So the trick is.. i used powerpoint to do the montage and then selected a template which is what u see in the picture.. and then finally save that slide as a jpeg lor.. haha...

Hi Joon,

Thanks for the contacts on the Ergo carrier!
happy.gif
It is really helpful! I have been searching around the stores and no one seem to be selling it.

Anyone keen to do a BP for Ergo? I am keen to get one...

Since there are so many pics of babies in their BUMBO, thought can post one of my little Clarence in this Prince Lionheart.
happy.gif
Very similar to BUMBO... and he likes sitting in it too. This is one of him enjoying his "drum-stick" while in it last week.
happy.gif

650234.jpg

So fast!!! All our babies are 4 months already! We survived the first 3 months! Hehe... Are they sleeping through the night already? I realised that if I feed Clarence at 10.30pm, he can last till 6am these days for the next feed. Very happy!

So it's matchmaking session going on huh! haa! Mother in laws looking for potential son in law or daughter in law?? haa!!!

ilovebabies, as promised...here's Wayne before shave and after shave when he is at his 4th month!

650251.jpg
650252.jpg

Sha

have not tried out the milk yet. prob will try this weekend. tks for the powder !
happy.gif

Rachel seems to like the cereal a lot .. can hear her "sip sip sip" the spoon ! heeh v cute.

ok Sling is a good idea.. will bring along with me .. tks for the suggestion !

ya how time flies .. yesst me and hubby were browsing thru Rachel's photos since birth and realise she has changed a lot. hehe and glad that I have BF her for 5 mths ! whoppeeeee one more mth to go !!

michelle

yes yes it's that stupid funnel. So where can I get bigger ones ? tks !

peachie

congrats on Clarence sleeping thru the nite ! Rachel also has the same routine as Clarence. Last feed will be betw 10 - 11pm and last her till 6+ am.. sometimes even 7am on weekends ! hehe she knows mummy need more beauty sleep ...
happy.gif

michelle,
my girl also auto-burp. usually after latch, i don't bother burping b'cos if she don't burp, she will go on auto-fart mode haha! but if she's using the bottle, i will burp her.

CNY feeding tips
usually your babies will feed every few hours right? for those with cars, problem solved, latch in the car then make sure that u don't stay in a place for more than 3 hours (don't want to spend so much with parking coupons right). if close relatives, just explain to them u need to nurse maybe they can offer a room or some corner of their house for u to nurse. just ask lor. a lot of people are actually understanding one. wear a nursing top ok!

Sleeping through the night
I'm jealous. My girl used to be in this routine at 2-3 months. Now that I've started working, she's making my nights tough! She refuse to sleep through the night and wake up to cry or WAIL ok! dunno what's wrong. thought it was due to wind but if we pat cuddle and pat her, she will go back to sleep again. but not for long though, an hour later she will wake up and WAIL! gaaaah! dunno what's wrong. think i also overfeed her liao. b'cos I don't know what else she wants.

hi mummies,

i'm going back work in feb, currently training my maid how to take care of my boy. Eventually will leave maid with MIL at home, but i just cant stand some of e thgs MIL do eg. touching here n there then touch my boy hands, kiss my boy hands when eventually my boy will put his thumb n fingers into his mouth *faint* I've already told my MIL to wash hands but only tat time when i ask her wash hands she wash but now she forgot again!!! I CANT POSSIBLE TO KEEP ASKING HER TO WASH HANDS RITE!!!!
then now i put my boy sleep in e living room cos eventually i will lock my doors n he got to sleep there, but stupid MIL watch TV but nv lower e volume then keep talking there n she is used to talking loud loud!! so stupid rite, can't she zi dong abit!! although my boy is not light sleeper n loves to sleep in noise places but she cant like tat also mah..!!
i wish i can ask her to SHUT UP!! i'm boiling inside, somehow i wish to move my boy back to my room immediately!!! but i dont want to let my MIL so step into my room to look after my boy when i'm not in.... hai... *sob*sob*

Ilovebb, emma and melissa,
Haa!! Thank you!!! So he is better aft his shave huh???!!!!

Seems that wayne has caught a cold again! Sigh! Very worried for him! After that one time hospitalisation, I always have to worry tis and that!

His nose is now quite sensitive ( guess becos that time, they put the tube down from his nostrils)..... so time to time, can hear him sneeze.. and if strong perfume smell, he will sneeze too!

Tried very hard to protect him by not going outside but yet, still kana the cold! I really dunno what else i can do to help him sometimes!

elaine,
Can get your hubby to talk to your mil instead? Ya, i understand how it is difficult to voice out your unhappiness to her!

For volume wise, it's good training for your boy to sleep in noisy plcs.. in that case, next time it will be easier for you to take care!

As for washing hands.. hmm, got to tell.. coz for me, i wash my hands dunno how many times a day juz to take care of my bb.....

little pony,
ya lor... sometimes i wonder y we wash our hands dozen of times a day for e sake of baby but y cant she do it!!
hubby tell her also no use, she will do it again few days later...
somehow i just wish to tell her off later when i see it again!!! only i can kiss my boy n U!!!!

littlepony

Dr Ngiam says sneezing abt 20 times a day is normal for bb. Even with running nose, he says it's ok as long as no fever ! Dont worry ok !!

Rachel tends to sneeze lot when she is younger so I got worried too hehehe heng Dr Ngiam assured me.
happy.gif

elaine

aiyo.. u must be v worried when u get back to work. I guess there's nothing much u can do when u r back. Think of it positively, MIL is training ur boy to be strong !! Guess u gotta monitor ur boy if he is feeling unwell when u r back from work.

ok here's my Rachel in her bumbo seat taken 2 mths back.
happy.gif
see she so petite !

650323.jpg

Crytallized,

dun fret ok? If he dun wanna latch, dun force him liaoz.. anyway, you won't have the problem of weaning him off the breasts later.. keke.. especially when you want to TTC again..

I chaim now, fretting over this issue, since my Jadelle can't self sooth and sleep by herself still

ilovebb,
Okie. Sigh. Hope so! Now, hope he can battle the cold himself. I hate to bring him see doc again or feed him medicine!

elaine,
Hmm...don't fret.. ya, like ilovebb says, think positively. Sometimes, we working mums just have to let go.. and keep eyes shut... no choice lor. As long your bb is healthy and fine, then no problem.

See my bb.. the more i get particular w hygiene, he also kana cold..

littlepony

wayne has running nose now ? prob it's due to the cool weather. rem to wear him long sleeve shirt and pants lor ... u r doing fine already !

Back