(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

i tot avent bags and the rest are the same except it doesnt come w zip? must buy the clip ourselves?

actually to freeze ebm, it's best to use glass, less porous.

but if just to refrigerate, use plastic is better than glass.

melissa

ya i was v hungry last nite so gastric pain. i finished work at 4+am ... my goodness. Have not stay up late for so long oredi .... old liao .. and realised my stamina has gone down. used to jog and walk the stairs v regularly prior to pregnancy. now I dont think I have the luxury to do exercise.
sad.gif

joon, avent liners are not made to withstand the freezer temp n defrost cycles of freezers, so quality of bm may be affected. reason why freezer bags for bm is so ex is due to quality of plastic used which is thicker n made specially for freezing.

hi joon, thanks for the assurance, hope me just being paranoid loh. think there are many who took early but its okie one. aiyah, me and my worrying lah.

avent liners i heard is very thin. so better to double bag it in case? i know gerber is expensive, but bo bian loh. our prec breastmilk. in fact, i prefer lansinoh more than gerber. harder to buy, more more durable and tougher i feel. somemore double zipper.

melissa, yah man. so tired yet so many things to do. its the same thing every single day. i love putting my Jovann to sleep but i dread the cycles of pumping, washing, sterilising, drinking nursing tea, making milk, assembling pump etc etc after that.

u got gastric prob? me too. since young in fact. yah sometimes if our digestive system not good even when full also will have gastric. did it start before u ate? coz if it did means u over hungry. so eating wun cure it one. if u oredi have gastric before u eat, make sure u dun eat too much or eat hard to digest food.

how to perk urself up ah? how about drinking a bottle of chicken essence every morning or night? think it helps. i havent been drinking for a long time though, keep forgetting.

phoebe, is the first teeth toothpaste sold in sing? too lazy to join the bp liaoz hehehee.

ilovebabies wow that is late. yes me too, very paranoid. i also worry about toxins sometimes hahaha. that time when i perm hair i also worried. so i drank antioxidant tea. hoping can rid my body of antioxidants before i feed Jovann hehehee.

hey ladies, ask u. where can we buy chinese pic books for babies huh? wanna buy some. thought i saw a thread recently here but i can't find it anymore.

daisybutton
ya..lansinoh milk bag is good. but buy local expensive. so buy from drugstore cheaper.

first teeth sold in spore, but double the price. tats y all forum mummies rather buy from drugstore, and they buy more, so no worry run out.

anyone buying lilypadz? i got a new pair 2 sell away leh.

Angeline
actually i find tt BF on demand or follow schedule is abt the same 4 me. my boy still drinks 2 hourly. at times he does BF on demand. but i juz let him coz wkends r the only times i can afford to BF on demand.
happy.gif

daisybuttons
i am sure most mummies here feel like how u do. its true tt daddies lifestyle did not chg as dramatically as ours. and yes, there r times my hb needs prompting to do thing. during wkday nites, i wld b doing my last pump while he is usually fast asleep beside me. sometimes i feel so sad lor. but i cant expect him to stay up wif me... 4 wat? so thankfully now i watch the 10pm Ch U series to distract me. heee
lol.gif
i oso dread the washing up and aseembling aft tt man....
sad.gif

Joon
u dropping hair? i am sooooo dreading it... they say its coming as baby is 4 mths! i alrdy hv so little hair... i dun wanna go bald!
sad.gif
issit really so bad???
i think avent liners quality r not as gd as gerber/lansinoh ones. they r damn exp and i am using gerber (juz ordered lansinoh one fr phoebe's BP) but no choice! since 1 wanna give BM, i am not gonna save on the storage quality. but thats juz me lah. alot of mummies dbl bag the avent liners though.

Melissa
my baby is oso like tt. at times he like can sense i will latch him, woke up 2 hourly last nite!!!!
i am drinking a btl of chix essence everyday, and will start drinking DOM on alt wkday nites since my boy staying over at my mum's plc.
i tried to latch my boy at nite on thurs and went to work on fri. i was practically like a zombie though my boy only woke up twice 2 feed. i wld love to latch him at nite but if i am gonna b a zombie, i cant think when i am at work leh. so sianz... if i continue like tt, think i am gonna age older, and i will look much older than my hb v soon!
sad.gif

hi phoebe, yah loh, actually i finished my lansinoh and just recieved my new orders from babetitude then now saw ur BP. sigh....heck lah, i order somemore! hehehee. and i also ordering the firstteeth hehehee. try it out first. if nice next time got BP i buy again.
happy.gif

talking abt dropping hair, mine started dropping a week ago liaoz. not even 3.5 mths hahaha. lucky for me, my hair quite thick lah, drop a bit nebermine hehehee. but i noticed Jovann also start dropping a bit more than usual. now his head a bit patchy liaoz. Joon, joining DN in the botak club. :p

lansinoh milk bags so gd to use ah? i never even heard of it till i was surfing drugstore.com - then saw it n decided to buy 1 pkt to try out since its cheaper than gerber bags :p

BUMBO
some of u bot these seats rite? how much did u pay for a brand new one? do ur bb like it?

Hi moms,

Wow so many posts! Sorry I haven't been in here for a while. My work load is killing me. Me still working at this time. Very sian so decided to surf this site for a while...

On flipping, Clarence started to flip on 18 Dec, from lying on his back to lying on his stomach. There were no indication of him learning to flip before that, and I did not anticipate it cos he was 14 plus weeks then. Well, it was truly fortunate that he did that while he was lying in his crib. I placed him on his back, took a shower, and came out to see him moved to the other end and being on his tummy... It was a huge wake-up call for me, as I am very accustomed to leaving him on top of the changing table after changing his diapers and going into the toilet to wash my hands. It was indeed God's grace that he did not flip off the changing table instead, for I dare not imagine the consequences.
sad.gif
These days we place him in the middle of our king sized bed, and he would flip all the way to the side in less than 10mins. Hope to share this here such that the rest of the moms will not make the same mistake as I used to.

On dropping hair, I have been dropping LOTS of hair... Very sad. The whole house is full of my hair. Read this book by Miriam Stoppard which stated that this condition is common, and may persist up to 18 months after birth! Faintz.... Just hope that I will not be bald by then...

I did not buy the BUMBO seat. But I bought a similar one last weekend from First Few Years (located at Paragon 5th floor I think). The brand is Prince Lionheart. I liked it better than BUMBO, and it is recommended by Pediatricians, and is suitable for 3-12 months. It works pretty well (or at least Clarence is happy to sit in it). It is currently on sale at $69 (UP$89). There are 3 colors - violet, light green and baby blue. I got the light green one.
happy.gif

Brought Clarence to the PD today for his 2nd dose of the 5 in one. The PD measured him and he is 6.52kg, with a height of 67cm, which makes him underweight. His normal weight should be at least 7kgs... Haiz... what to do? He doesn't drink much milk... It is a feat to get him to drink 700ml these days, when according to the PD, he should be drinking about 900ml at 4 months. Hope his appetite improves. Anyone with any suggestions on how to get the baby to drink more milk??? Thanks!

Saw quite a bit of postings on primary schools here... Thought I could add my 2 cents' worth
happy.gif
I think at the end of the day, proximity to the school is a very important factor. My parents believed (and still believe...) that I should be sent to the best schools, and therefore enrolled me into Nanyang Primary (located at Bukit Timah). I grew up at Pandan Gardens (which is near Jurong), and had to get up at 5am everyday to catch the 5.40am school bus. I was the first to board the school bus, and the last to get off it every day. Was it worth it? Personally I don't think so. On top of the long travelling time, I felt out of place in that school everyday amongst all the rich kids. I strongly believe that it is the conducive family environment that makes all the difference. When I moved on to Raffles Girls' Sec, there were many girls in my class from neighbourhood schools, and they did just as well if not even better.

I just came back from my Company's offsite meeting yesterday. I guess what is truly important for our kids to thrive in this new economy is adaptability, given the rate of change in the environment these days, and not academic results. Success is no longer measured solely by IQ, rather it is EQ and AQ (adversity quotient) that truly matters. China will become the world's 2nd largest economy by 2020, and that is also when the size of India's economy will overtake that of Japan's. This will work out to be a totally different environment as what we are used to today, economically and geo-politically. How our kids can survive and adapt to such an environment will be one which we all will have to grapple with in the years ahead.
happy.gif

this is a late post coz just came back from a BBQ! hee hee... DN will have BBQ-flavoured milk tomorrow, hur hur hur...

mummies,
thanx for all the info on the avent liners!!

DG, when u say the quality of the BM will be affected, how exactly is it affected? will storing my BM in the avent liners harm DN when he drinks that FBM?

daisybuttons, when u say the avent liners are thin and pple double-bag, so the fear is that it will split? how much are the lansinoh bags? i just opened a new box of the avent liners, so cannot change yet brand yet
sad.gif

crystallised,
alamak, it's true lor! DN just turned 4mths old and i started "shedding" a few days b4 that. i can't believe how "zun" the myth is.
sad.gif
boo-hoo... it was only then that i started seeing strands of my hair on the floor. b4 that never!!!! now, when i comb my fingers through my hair, i will see hair between my fingers!!!! ARGHhhhh... btw, why u wanna sell ur lilypadz? aiyah, i just bought another new pair, otherwise i'll get them off u!

michelle,
DN's got the bumbo, but i think he's still not ready for it. everytime he sits in it, he WILL PUKE! either while he's in it, or after we take him out.
sad.gif
i think it's coz when he's in it, he likes to lean forward and that squashes his insides, so he pukes. bleah! so i'm going to wait a while until he's older and his insides are more mature, then try again. they're still young, so cannot let them sit in it for too long. but i like it
happy.gif
he seems quite contented inside coz he can sit up and look around. lying down is B.O.R.I.N.G.!

peachie,
wow! a very thought-provoking post for 2.30 in the morning!
wink.gif
i agree abt the EQ bit... sad to say, a few pple i meet at work (and stdts too!) have ZERO EQ. IQ yes, EQ no. what's the point of high IQ if u don't know how to "talk" to pple and just make them want to bash u up?!

<u>A Qn for Mummies</u>
Anyone here thought of training their bbs (who don't sleep thru the nite) to sleep thru the night? I ask coz DN still wakes up once, sometimes twice every night. He's 4mths 5days already and doesn't need that night feed. I've friends who tell me to

1. let them cry it out (alamak!)
2. give them water
3. pat them until they sleep

and keep using these methods until they stop waking up. I've a friend who tried method 1 and her daughter stopped waking up for night feeds on the 3rd day. Just wondering if anyone's thought of training their bbs or have trained their bbs?? What are ur thots on this and any feedback to share? *thanx*thanx*

lansinoh bags
supposedly the thickest milk bag on the mkt. double ziplock, so prevent spillage.

drop hair
sigh...me also started to drop hair. the maid has been sweeping lot of hair everyday
sad.gif

nite feeding
i tried once to give water to my older son when he was newborn to cut his nite feeding. he drank water. but within another 2hrs, he waked up crying again coz his still hungry. he wants milk.
so in the end, still feed him milk. and i also dont bother to cut his night feed. he stopped night feeding when he was 2 plus.

crystallised
how much u planning to sell ur lilyadz for? i might consider if the price is right hee
happy.gif

joon, peachie
thks for ur feedback on the bumnbo/prince lionheart. think i shall get the 2nd hand bumbo - got someone selling in the forum. hopefull ethan will like it! otherwise soon u will see a 3rd hnd bumbo for sale in the forum ;)

joon
how r u sealing ur avent liners if u dun hv clips? i bot a box fr blessedmommy to try n then realise i dun wanna spend even more money on clips so i hv kinda shelved it aside after using only 4 or 5 pcs. so wasteful hor. now i just ordered the lansinoh one fr phobe's BP to try out. cant wait for it to arrive! btw re sleeping thro the nite, i cant really advise cos my boy is a lazy pig n has been sleeping thro since the 2nd mth. but my PIL said give water will work lor so try it out! gd luck ;)

Joon,
maybe your DN's milk belly in the way again. :)
Trinity's been joining us at the dinner table sitting in her bumbo. So far so good.

Mums,
just found this forum for cooking. seems interesting and definately helpful for poor me trying to figure out what meals to cook at home after getting back from work. Don't think eating out all the time is good for BFing mum rite?

http://www.kitchencapers.net/phpbb/index.php

Joon,
We tried method 3 coupled with putting pacifier to keira's mouth... and then one particular nite onwards.. she just stopped needing nite feeds... and sleeps thru the nite. However, some nites, keira will still wake up with some sound/little wailing.. but we just give her pacifier and pat her chest and she will Zzzzzzzzzzz...

Balding
-------
Cayden is balding as well and joining the botak club. The worst part is, he likes to pull his hair with his left hand !! arrgghhh.. i keep nagging at him but he seems to be enjoying it - dosnt it hurt ?! gosh.

Sleeping through the night
---------------------------
sigh.. Joon, i do wish to know what is the best method too. Cayden used to sleep from 7-8pm till 2.30pm for feed and then zzz till 6+. But these 2-3 days, his pattern completely changed! instead of 2.30am, he woke up at 12am for feed and zzz till 9+am for the next feed (BUT in between, he will wake up at least twice and cant get to sleep himself. So he will suck his favourite hand and make some sound till we pat him!)

Cereal, i hope i can use your method. But cayden doesnt like pacifier
sad.gif
sigh.. I think i will just have to wait patiently for the day he decided not to wake up for feed!

Flipping
---------
This morning i woke up and was shocked to find Cayden sleeping on his tummy !!! i have no idea what had happened. Did he flipped himself while he was at his dreamland? but, He showed no sigh of flipping when I put him on our bed after he woke up! to play safe, i am placing bolster, pillows all around the edge of my bed.

joon, i heard that avent bags may leak coz now their quality not so good. last time used to be good. thats why ppl now double bag it, no harm trying but then may end up more exp hor? why not try buying the lansinoh from the BP? coz its $6.49USD and works out to be about the same or slightly more exp than avent liners. i bought my first pack from there, and from then on, i din like other brands. when i finished my first pack of lansinoh i used my new pack of gerber and somehow felt its too fragile, dunno why maybe phychological hahahaa. so end up i chuck the gerber to one side. i try to tell myself, i spent so much on his clothes and his toys, but if i try to stinge on the containers for his only food helping him grow now, then i am letting him down. so i heck lah, spend more money loh hehehee.

about sleeping through, J wakes up once in the night now. about ur 3 options, i wld suggest #3 and not the rest. for me lah. coz i read that feeding a grwoing baby water now will result in him not taking in the nutrients in the BM, coz his tummy full of water which has no nutrients. and also, i read that middle of the night feeds are the richest in fat which helps them grow, so i will still persevere and let him adjust himself loh.

peachie, yah man! i am like u, used to leave him no the changing table while i wash my hands. nowadays when he turned onto his side, and yesterday he flipped from tummy to back, i dun dare oredi.

joon, avent liners are meant to be used as bottle liners, hence the materials used are thinner and inferior to bm bags meant for freezing which can prevent nutrient loss thru freezing. I am sure it won't harm DN, just that you end up losing more nutrients/antiibodies from the bm. I agree with daisybuttons's view that we tend to spend much more on bb's clothes/toys etc.. so the savings on avent bags may not be worthwhile, unless of course you don't intend to feed fbm at all. but then why even freeze in first place? IMO, double bagging only helps preventing leakage, but doesn't help nutrient loss.

Joon
u so funnie! "hur hur hur"!!!
biggrin.gif

damn it, i alrdy start to notice myself losing hair.
sad.gif
and my boy isnt 3.5 mths old yet.

is lilypadz gd to use? actually aft u asked me why i wanna sell them, i oso dun hv the answer coz it nvr occurred to me to use them. i hv been using breast pads since delivery. i think i had easily finished 10 boxes alrdy. am using tollyjoy for day coz they r thinner and dun make my boobs look bigger than it is under the bra. 4 nite time, i use pigeon coz its thicker.
happy.gif
lilypadz r reusuable rite? but my mentality somehow tells me like it wun stick long leh. pls correct me!

my boy still wakes up at least twice for feeds. and tt is the min. not even like ur DN, can b once per night hor. so i am still in a dilemma shld i latch him 4 nite feeds on the days i am staying over at my mum's plc. i tried tt out last thur and i was a zombie the nxt day. luckily i was on half day, and i had to take a nap leh.

me like daisybuttons, prefer to let my boy adjust himself. i figured this nite feeds will not last 4ever so i juz leave it... the day when he wakes up juz once will b gd enuff 4 me.
happy.gif

seems like most babies hv flipped. mine hasnt and still doesnt show any signs. mine cld b like peachie's baby whom flips suddenly w/o warning!

michelle,
er, postponing the selling of lilypadz until Joon answers my qns. scully i sell off then i regret. alamak...
crazy.gif

hi to all of u,
finding it tough to manage both work and family when i got back to work last week. really need a lot of strength (mentally and physically). hopefully, things will get better.

<u>hair</u>
i am dropping hair too, kinda worrying. did someone say it will continue till bb is 18 mths? OH NO!!!

<u>bumbo seat</u>
i bought one, so anxious to get J in it, only to realise she is not ready leh!
lame.gif
got to wait till her head control is better. hopefully, by then she can still squeeze in, hehe.

<u>sleeping thru' the nite</u>
J used to sleep thru' but now, she will wake up at 3am for her feed. cant use pacifier coz she doesnt like it. feed her water? i rather feed her milk.

i dont like "cry-it-out" method. i read
"The Baby Book" by Dr Sears and it says
by not responding to a baby's cries, you are not really teaching the baby to sleep; you are teaching the baby that crying has no communicative value. By not "giving in" to your baby you are teaching him to give up. We have great difficulty with the wisdom of this approach. It is night training, not nighttime parenting. We train pets - we parent children.

at least not recommended for the 1st 6 mths as we will run the risk of losing the baby's trust, or may become insensitive to baby's cries. we will hv to look at the possible causes of night waking and lessen the conditions that cause it.

Joon,
think you're the funniest sept mommy around hur hur hur.. everytime i read your post i will go hur hur hur as well.. i will start drinking chicken essence on weekdays! else buay tahan liao!

hair dropping,
i feel like a cat shedding its hair. i was afraid to shower b'cos i will cover the manhole with my hair. it will literally turn black! i got waist-length hair some more. when i comb my hair, i will lots and lots of hair in my comb. i am going to cut it! but thinking of highlighting as well, do you think it will make my hair loss worse?

flipping,
haha i must've wished this hard on my girl especially after reading this forum on saturday. when i came back from shower, my hubby signalled me to look at our bed and i saw our girl sleeping on her tummy! my hubby said he didn't do anything, she flipped all by herself. funny thing is, she can flip from her back to her tummy but when she tried to flip back, she couldn't, she cried a bit then went back to sleep. i reckon she probably couldn't carry her own weight right now. i just weighed her, she's now at least 6.5kg and she's only 59cm tall! not even 4 months yet. think i'm producing high fat milk liao.

sleeping through the night
my baby only does this when i'm around. weekdays, she revert back to 2-hourly feed night schedule. *faint* but no matter what, i won't let her cry it out especially when she's wailing her lungs out. even when i'm in my zombie state, i will still carry her, or, wake hubby up to carry her lol.

weight
anyone's weight reverted back to pre-pregnancy state? i have an aunt who were pregnant about the same time as me (same year diff month). she lost all her weight gained during pregnancy but gained more now. she used to be 57kg at her lightest, now she goes back to 67kg. she's exclusively breastfeeding, SAHM some more. her daughter is 7months old now. scared leh. i also lost all my pregnancy weight and more but now my weight is stable at 52kg and i'm 1.56m tall. my bra size was 38 then went down to 36 then went down to 34 liao. haha so happy. i hope this lasts.

melissa
i think ur babe wants to bond with you, that is why wake up 2-hourly for her feed. but must say she is very smart leh, she only does that during the weekend. heh, zombie state - i will also wake up to nurse J, now getting better in lying down position.
happy.gif

weight
i am happy to be back to my pre preg state, no prob in wearing my bottoms. talk abt bra, will i go back to my pre preg size? thinking of getting new bras but worried that my size will change.

shirlyn,
my pre-pg size was 36 but now i found that i can fit my 34s which goes back to pre-marital size hurhurhur. so to answer your question, yes i think your chest can shrink to its former size. but now i found out that there's not many size 34C bras out there. not b'cos my boobs are big but i need to put my nursing pads in it. *sigh* need to buy new bras again.

melissa
how come ur boob size is going down? mine is slightly bigger than pregnancy time. i used to b 34, now am 36. sometimes a bit tight oso but i am not gonna bother chgg bras liao. my boobs hv stretchmarks like my tummy.
sad.gif

i am down to my pre-preg size almost immed aft delivery as i gained less than 10kg for the entire pregnancy. can fit into my pre-preg bottoms during confinement mth liao.

dun b scared lah, guess diff pple diff rxn? how old is ur aunt? perhaps she is over 35 (sorry, juz a wild guess coz u mentioned she is ur aunt)? if so, mayb metabolic rate is diff thus gain weight? another reason cld b her appetite. i am now a ferocious eater. eating 3 times more than b4. i am thankful my weight din increase proportionately. once i stop bfg, i cant eat like this anymore.

wat nursing pads u using? daytime i am using tollyjoy coz they r much thinner than pigeon's.

my boy oso nursing every 2 to 2.5 hourly when i brought him over 4 the wkend! GOSH! i was practically like a zombie and i dunno how long he nursed coz i was so lazy, lying down nursing and dozed off. last time i was v hardwkg, i wld nurse sitting up, even in the wee hrs.

Joon
Sophie sleeps at 7, and also still wakes up at anytime from 9-12am (if not, i'll still feed her), 2.30am n then 5/6am for feed. I've been wanting to wean her off the middle of nite feed too BUT she's underweight (5.6kg at 3m 2wks) so a bit hesistant.

If DN takes the pacifer, shd try that. I think that's best.

mummies
Btw, when do your baby's head become steady? Sophie's head is still wobbly.

eating healthy
oh ya... even tho i'm a SAHM, since having sophie, we have tiffin food 3 times a week for dinner. The food is good - healthy, no msg one. if you're interested for contact, let me know. Yah must eat healthy, don't ta bao so much.

Hello all,
I'm a new kid on this block and savoring all the appetite whetting posts you girls have put up so far!
I'm also a September mummy with a bb girl named Arianne who's born on 4th September.
I too, need a little help - My tummy! I'm so so disturb by my tummy (girth is 30"), is it normal?
Right after delivery, I did wrap and only managed to shrink 5".. Now my tummy feels wobbly and I admit that I'm quite lazy to do leg raises.. heh..
Besides surgical tummy tuck. any idea on fast and effective method to get rid of it?
Any advice is appreciated!

<u>Night Feeds</u>
Thanks again mummies for all the valuable info
happy.gif
i LOVE this forum!

phoebe,
u mean dexter took night feeds until he was 2+ years or mths??? if it's yrs, quite siong right!

michelle,
yeah! get a 2nd hand one, it makes more sense
happy.gif
i hope ethan likes it
happy.gif
abt the avent liners, i'm using tape to seal it. i fold the top down a few times, then seal it across. so far so good. the clips very big lah! wahhh... ethan sleeps thru??? hopefully this year year of the pig, DN will adopt some qualities and sleep thru the night!

cereal, ling,
the pacifier won't work... tried that already... grrrr... DN is one hard-headed kiddo man... he doesn't give up until i give him the boob
sad.gif

daisybuttons,
wah, if the night milk has the most fat, then actually it's good eh? had no idea! thanx for the info
happy.gif

crystallised,
hur hur hur!!!
biggrin.gif

abt the lilypadz, i use them when i wear spag-strap tops, or when i go to the gym (which isn't that often... the spirit and flesh both not willing!) when i don't want to use normal breastpads. lilypadz are reusable, but not forever. be careful how u wash them - don't rub them dry, let them air-dry, otherwise they will lose their sticky-ness. also, if u're the sort that leaks A LOT, the padz might not be able to stop all the leaking. (i kenah before
sad.gif
) i like them coz they're SO THIN and COMFORTABLE and i can get away w/o wearing a bra!
happy.gif

shirlyn,
how's school? how's ur form class?
happy.gif
i agree with u, if i have to wake up to give water, might as well give milk right? i guess there are many schools of thot regarding weaning off the night feed. i just don't know which "school" to go to!

melissa,
wah! ur hair is so long! i was thinkg of highlighting b4 CNY, but now that i'm "balding"
angry.gif
i dare not. coz highlighting weakens the hair shaft right?

brenda,
welcome welcome! geez, i've got a jelly belly and have no idea what to do with it. sometimes it plops out of my skirt! bleah...

... PHEWWWW! what a long post!

puppylove,
congrats! trinity is the cutest baby in dec 2006! waaaahhh... she is famous! hur hur hur... er... that inspired me to enter DN in the Jan contest... but when he grows up, i bet he wouldn't be too pleased that i used a naked picture of him... rahhahahaha...
biggrin.gif
if one looks closely, one can actually see his CELLULITE!!!!!

my bb has cellulite!

(like mother like son huh? grrr... damn those orange dimples!)

Dear Mummies,

i have stoppped latch on little Ethan as he reject EBM when feed him through bottle..

sigh...missed the moment when latch on him...

crystallized,
my cup size increased a bit but chest size went down. i used to be between A and B, now I'm between B and C. my jeans size went down to 27, from 33 pre-pregnancy. i have no stretchmarks b'cos my skin were stretched before and i started on my stretchmark cream when i was 5 months pregnant. guess my hardwork paid off. my aunt is 35 and yes you're right, her appetite is amazing. i do heard that breastfeeding increases your appetite but i only find myself more thirsty than hungry. i drink like a horse. me using tollyjoy too but i prefer pigeon due to it's double sticky tape. tollyjoy only got one sticky tape, it kinda move about so once my stock is finished, i'm going to revert back to pigeon's. you good ah still can nurse lying down. if i do that, i might leave milk stain on my girl's mouth and the next morning, her skin will turn red. so till now, i will sit up and nurse her till she's finished.

night feed,
i have no friggin' idea how to make them sleep through the night. when my girl did that, she was 2 months old and i was on maternity leave. i watched Discovery Home and Living, and a lady told a troubled mother that she could try giving the last feed with EBM instead of direct latching. she tried it and within a few nights, it worked. i think there's some truth in there. when i'm back at work and baby's on EBM, she sleeps a solid block of 3-4 hours in the day. maybe when they're full, they will sleep longer but apparently, it doesn't work on all babies.

brenda,
hi welcome. i'm the opposite, i started off with a wobbly tummy before i got pregnant. the last time i ever exercised regularly was during PE in secondary school. haha! but after pregnancy, i was made to wear an abdominal binder and herbs for a week straight and that really shrunk my tummy. it's less flabby now and it stays so. cool huh. maybe u could engage a malay massage lady and let them know u want to shrink your tummy.

joon, daisybuttons,
i also heard that night feeds has the most fat content. since my baby has reverse cycled, she feed a lot at nights, she's a lot fatter now! if she stretches, her nose and lips practically shrinks in between two fat cheeks.. lol. hair highlighting - i tot it only touches the hair and not the hair shaft? it's like wearing a hair conditioner right? never done that before. i'm not keen on coloring whole hair b'cos for sure the chemical will touch your hair shaft. by the way, i saw in E entertainment channel that leaving the roots in your hair natural color (black) is the IN-thing now and celebrities are doing it so i think highlight halfway is cool yet safe right? hehe..

..what?? your baby has cellulite?!! got pic?

puppylove,
wah trinity win cutest baby in dec 06? congrats congrats!!

here's a picture of my androgynous baby hurhurhur.. is it a boy? or a girl? you hantam lah!

641238.jpg

joon
yes, dexter has his night feed for 2 years. initially was every 2hrs, and he was on formula milk somemore.
then when he's older, we added in rice cereal into his milk in his night feed, then it was slightly better, to 2 night feeds instead of 2hr interval.

so i'm not sure how javier will fare as compared to dexter
uhoh.gif

Melissa
Ur darling is sooooo cute wif tt expression! i am guessing its a boy!
happy.gif
am i right? i cld b wrong coz u give the impression its a boy since he is dressed in blue!
tell me abt the stretchmarks man... i started as early as 3 mths, applying essential oil safe 4 pregnancy that caused extremely bad allergy and thereafter i applied only baby oil twice a day.... i thot hard work paid off but alas when i reached my final 6 wks, they started emerging wif vengence!
sad.gif

hahha, i not only hv a ferocious appetite, i oso drink alot. its min 3 litres of water a day 4 me at work. while at home, coz i dun sit down so often, i drink much lesser.
aft talkg abt weight yesterday, i went to weigh myself this morning. i am surprised tt i weigh lesser now. abt 2 kg less. hahaha, and i dunno where did the weight loss go to...
i oso prefer pigeon coz its more stable since there r 2 tapes, tollyjoy is only gd coz its thin. else i dun really like it, coz i find tt it gives the soured milk smell aft half a day wearing it, while pigeon's nvr gives me this problem. but i dun wanna wear it under bras in the day. makes me look more bloated.
think my baby's skin is used to hvg milk stains on it liao. initially he used to break out in tiny spots, but nowadays i think no more. the skin has cleverly "absorbed" the nutrients! mayb he wun age so fast the next time!
lol.gif

my last feed (on days when i am not wkg the nxt day) wld still b latching on, and he can last for 4 to 4.5 hrs till the nxt feed. however, fr then, it wld b 2 to 2.5 hrly interval again. i hv no idea why this is happening, esp there r times he nurse for 15-20 mins in comparison to the usual 10 mins. however, when he stays over at my mum's plc and drinks EBM, he can last 3 hrs fr the 1st and 2nd feed. so i do agree tt EBM can last him longer. but there is no reason y i wanna do tt when i can latch him during wkends. its so precious!!!

Joon
hmmmm, so lilypadz v useful to u huh? i dunno if i shld try using it leh. u mentioned u bot a new pair... wats wrong wif the old one? lost stickiness? u hv been using 4 how long b4 buyg the new pair?
well, at least u tried gg to the gym. the word "exercise" does not exist in my current dictionary. dunno where to find time to do tt when i barely had enuff sleep.
crazy.gif

i dun really leak alot now coz supply is more or less stabilised. usually its more of the let down on the other boob while i am expressing or latching on.
er, so shld i open up and try using it?
uhoh.gif

i did my rebonding and highlighting last mth. so at least i will still look decent 4 CNY though i am losing hair!
sad.gif

Ling
since u mentioned ur girl is underweight, best not to wean her off night feeds. there is always time to wean off later. meanwhile i feel tt fattening her up is more impt at this time.

<font color="0000ff">joon</font>,
Thanks! heehee, u still keeping track of the Dec contest?
happy.gif
Go go, submit DN's pic in! I bet he's cute whether topless or not! kekek... U've a vote from me!

Thanks to all the mommies here who voted for Trinity!
happy.gif
*flying kiss from Trinity*

<font color="0000ff">melissa</font>,
thanks!
happy.gif

Me too caught up w adjusting back to worklife to chat here...
sad.gif
So many changes these few days... Trinity's now w babysitter *sob sob!* but she seems well taken care of, so tatz a relief! Will try to come in to chat whenever i can!
happy.gif

brenda
welcome!! my gal was born on 4th sept as well! where did u give birth. i was at glen e.

joon
ur sense of humour is so ferocious!! go go send dn pic as well. i sure vote!!

melissa
urs is a boy right?? his expression so cute, like WAH THATS A CUTE BABE THERE!!!

phoebe
wow how much u spend on dexter milk powder??? i think aft a certain age, waking up for nite feeds become a habit n not out of hunger. but u also good man!! willing to tolerate his nonsense! if its my son, he sure get it from me!! i m NOT willing to wake up to make milk for even a 1 yr old, let alone 2 yr old!!!!

funny thing is, my twins were on fm too aft 3 mths. they too still woke up for nite feeds until 5.5 mths aft i started them on porridge. whereas my 3 yr old n my gal who were on tbf slept thru the nite for 7-8 hrs. haha.. weird hor. tot fm supposed to be more filling. but i guess its cos my twins were greedy babies, even till now!!

ur dexter greedy not??

Brenda,
Welcome welcome to our thread!

Night feeds
Well, i dun have much suggestion to this as well. Why not just let bb have their own way?

As for mine, Wayne started to sleep through the night a week back. He has his last feed at 9pm and then sleep thru and wake up at 6-7am for another feeding.

Normally, we try to feed him more milk so that it can last longer without him being hungry (that provides he can finish up).

Weight
I am those with low metabolism rate! My weight has gone stagnant for weeks. And I am not losing any. My tummy is still damn big.. and worse, if I eat Xmas logcake and other goodies. And i am lazy to exercise. Actually, no time leh!

Cup size
Hmmm.. i do heard that some mothers shrank their cup size after delivery. Mine still remain the same and hopefully, don't shrink. I just want tummy to shrink.

helo mummies, I FINALLY got my Jovann's blog up and running. after one sleepless night hahahaa. to the blog-spert mummies here, my blog is my first attempt leh, not very professionally done and may not be as nice as urs hehehehe. pls duo duo zi jiao hor? hehhee. and remember to leave ur comments kae? at the end of each posting got a link. yeah yeah so happy!

www.cheekyjovann.blogspot.com

puppylove congrats! i knew u will win. but i vote for you anyway! hehehehhe! such a lovely girl.
happy.gif

joon, serious? jovann also got cellulite leh! really lah, for my case really like mother like son mu ha haha....!

melissa, yah i also feel highlighting wun touch scalp. but hor, duo duo shao shao will touch a teeny weeny bit esp when they pin up my long hair loh. aiyah that day highlighted coz scared touch scalp. end up can't even see the colour change at all. the perming and highlighting waste my time and money. now i gotta do it again! another 24hours cycle of feeding EBM. :p

blessedmommy
ya lor. i also tot formula milk shld be more filling. sigh..but i already woke up for nite feed for 2 yrs liao.
so if javier also like tat, no choice lor. like bro mah. but bfg easier, just carry him and latch. whereas last time on FM, still must wake up and pour water, mix milk powder than give bottle to him. more troublesome, although i have already standby all the items on the side table.

daisybutton
visited your blog liao.
like ur baby room ler, so nice. i dont even have one. haha
lol.gif

crystalized
yah... that's why i haven't weaned her off night feed. Just started baby on Nestle rice mixed into morning milk, once a day. She still drinks very little, only 50mls. Sigh... But the past two nights she slept from 11pm till 4am by herself without me doing anything. Norm she wakes at 2.30am. So i guess better to let baby adjust themselves...

daisybuttons
Well done on the blog! So funny, i was looking thru it and realised we've got the same cot n changing table! And we've put it the same way... haha... if got time, take photo n show you...

tummytime
heh mummies, is it true that our tummies will never be the same again? always flabby? cannot wear bikini anymore? I still have the black line running across... Am skinny BUT got flabby tummy. Also cannot fit into all my old clothes BUT got excuse to buy new clothes so i'm still quite happy...
happy.gif

I know in the supermarkets, there are some formula milk that are much more fuller so that bb take and can tahan until morning. They won't wake up feeling hungry.

I can't remember the brand but i know it does say it on the tin of the FM. But should be for bb 6months and up. Not too sure.. but i do know such things exist!

Its Dumex Mamil Gold Nite.
For nite feeding.
If I'm not wrong, they also just add additional rice / starch to make the baby fuller.

Phoebe,
thanks for filling up my not so complete information! haaa! so that was it...

however, i still think let bb have their own lifestyle and adapt to it.. but if mothers can't tahan waking up so many times at nite, then let bb try this fm and see if it works.

Daisybuttons,
Your blog looks good leh.. Jovann is sooo cute
happy.gif
Give yourself a pat for a good job done!!

Puppylove, Congrats !!!
kao_cheers.gif

Cup Size, I heard the cup size will shrink after we stop breastfeeding?

Littlepony, you are so lucky and Wayne is such a good boy!

night feeding
Gabriel still wakes up at least twice every night for feeds. I'm not planning to "train" him but rather let him adjust his own schedule, at least for the time being, since I also dun like the idea of feeding him water if I can feed him something more nutritious :p

ear cleaning
Can I check how are you cleaning your baby's ears, beside the normal clean with wet hanky during bath time? I'm seeing alot of ear wax on the inside of Gabriel's ears but using wet cotton buds dun work leh. Is not the ear canal leh, just outside of it. Help help!

Back