(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

sha.. lucky babe u.. i din even get to eat one!!
sad.gif

Hi Mommies,

finally get to come in here...phew!

<font color="ff6000">doreen</font>
thanks for the advice...i didn't realise the calendula cream can be used for the diaper area...usually i use it on baby's face whenever her eczema (how to spell?) acts up...

<font color="ff6000">melissa</font>
i've been using destitin (regular) but friends have been telling me to get the one with aloe vera...they said its better, etc...problem is, i CAN'T find it...driving me bonkers...

i guess i'll just use the calendula cream and see how...

<font color="ff6000">pigeon and diana</font>
WOW, so cute lah! Ur hunny bees so SWEET and PRECIOUS!

<font color="ff6000">brenda</font>
Amazing picture! So beautiful, i can imagine just how wonderful the place is....*drool*drool*
U are one lucky lady!!!!

Very nice montage! I'm very impressed with the clarity of each pic!

<font color="ff6000">peachie</font>
hey babe, a MILLION thanks for sending me the pics...i haven't even downloaded mine from the camera (not even the BBNC pics!)

been so held up by domestic issues...my maid gave problems the last few days...she didn't want to eat, didn't want to sleep...say she keep "sensing" that her son is sick...
*pengz*

thanks for the info on carcinogens!

<font color="ff6000">emoments</font>
i think i saw u before, but i don't know if its u...shy lah...if i get the wrong person!

how this weekend? <font color="ff0000">ONz</font> again? last week we went down between 2-3pm didn't see u lah...

<font color="ff6000">victoria, yun, ethan,</font>
HAPPY 7th Month from Rae Ann! *kiss*kiss*
(sorry if i missed out anybody)

<font color="ff6000">jasmine</font>
i have given up weaning rae ann off the breast...she has never taken the bottle since she was 2 months old...

sometimes feel like knocking my head into the wall lah...coz its so stressful sometimes, esp since i also tend to latch her to sleep...
i guess for BF-ing it is also about the conditioning from the beginning...but i was so clueless and i had no one to help me to bottle train her...

also, in the 2nd mth, i had HIVES (previous helper fed me expired confinement food, and the alcohol kinda triggered my immune system to go bonkers), so i had to take TONNES of antihistamines to counter it...

as a result, my milk supply dipped (@ 2nd month leh) and so i had to keep latching her on to build supply all over again...and so, in the end...SHE rejected bottles...bleargh!!!

now i just take one day @ a time!

<font color="ff6000">michelle</font>
thanks for the update on baby sabie. Will pray for her too...

<font color="ff6000">phoebe</font>
can i get my cream via post? i still have some $$ with u from the babycenter spree (real sorry for taking so long to reply about a/c no.)...pls see my email to you...many thanks!!!

<font color="aa00aa">Hey, anybody interested to start a spree from gymboree???? they ship to SG....i would love to join the spree
happy.gif
</font>

http://www.gymboree.com/index.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=754665&bmUID=1176788980497

<font color="0077aa">Peahie</font>, hey thanks for sharing on the knowledge of PEG! I'm impressed! Took me a looooong time to find those cheeem words meaning! hee.. and hope the below can help you change your settings in accepting PMs..

765010.jpg

1. Go to 'Profile' which is right on top of this thread.
2. Log in your user Id and password if you haven't.
3. You'll see the top screen as captured here. Then choose 'Preferences' under 'Profile Editor Options'.
4. Then you'll see 'Preferences', un-tick the box that says 'Do not send me Private Messages from other board users'.
If you need more help, just shout ok
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Rainnie</font>, just post when you are free ya!

<font color="0077aa">cheekz</font>, what?! your confinement lady was poisoning you! how could she do that? was it deliberate? Oh dear u must have suffered mann.. food poisoning and hives all over..
sad.gif

sms from Patsy @ 12am

Doctors are telling us we may have reached a point if no return for Sabie. Her blood acid level keeps going up and her body tissues still not accepting the oxygen. Please pray a miracle because that is the only thing that can save her now. We will still have faith.

GOD PLS HEAR OUR PRAYERS!!
PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!

Hi Mummies,

Me introducing carrot to BB today but made too much liao, anyone can share with me whether we can freeze the carrot for use for the next 2 days or just put in normal fridge temp will do?
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">cheekz</font>..

the one with aloe vera is the blue packaging right? Me using that and i stock up a few tubes at home.. if you don't mind, you can have one of my tubes lah...

BTW,
I PM you liaoz..

<font color="0000ff">Cheekz</font>
When did u see me? How u recognise me? Thru Dylan?

Did you receive my msn message? It started to rain abt 3pm, so we went down after that... as we were out in the morning.. reached home abt 3pm.

I'm on leave for the rest of this week... maybe we can go swimming later or 2lmr? I'm sms u since I got yr hp no.

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+2">Happy 7th month to myself and Jovann!</font></font>

<font color="0000ff">Cheers
Dylan</font>
765577.jpg

peachie....u arnd ??? email u ... how much I have to pay u ah? Including emma's wall border
happy.gif
btw...the donut shop still got long Q bor? Feel like going down to get sme later hehe

Hi Mommies,
Such sad news really set a very solemn mood for the day. Let's pray that little Sabie and her family will be ok.
It makes us cherish our little ones more.

<font color="ff6000">Little Victoria said "THANK YOU, Aunties. I spent my 7th mths BD testing new toys bought by my aunty."</font>

765588.jpg

<font size="+2">Happy 7th Mth Birthday to Dylan & Jovann!</font>

Happy 7th month to Dylan!

btw, emoments where u buy the cubes with alphabet from eh? Very nice I only have those with pictures on it!

Happy 7th Month Birthday to cute-dimpled <font color="ff0000">Dylan</font> and handsome <font color="0000ff">Jovybuttons</font>! May you boys grow up smart and suave!

How come this thread is so quiet today?

Xena Princess,
Is Victoria a chinese baby? She looks ang-mo... so pretty!7-months birthday also got presies..? Lucky babe!

Happy 7th month to Dylana nd Jovann too!

Hi Brenda and Cheekz,

No probs! It's always good to share share!

Other stuffs which you have to watch out for as known carcinogens but commonly present in our shampoos, lipstick etc are Hydrogen Peroxide, Dimethicone and Phthalates. Boric acids and the entire family of borates are known mutagens (will cause cell mutations), and are linked to fetal malformations. Anyway, the effect of carcinogens and mutagens will normally surface after a prolonged period of use, so do watch out for what you are using for yourselves as well!
happy.gif

Brenda,

I love the Aleenta and Racha resorts! Wish I am there right now! Hubby finds the place too ex leh... He suggested staying at some Sentosa resort then can put all of Clarence's barang barang in the car and drive across.... Hmmm.... shall see how. You tried out Spa Botanica at Beaufort hotel? You know whether it is good?

Hi emoments,

I love the pic of Dylan! So you have collected your photos from Coverlooks already! Mine still nowhere to be seen. Haiz.

Hi Rainnie,

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Yep, the donut store still has LONG LONG queue..... hehe, you need to take half day leave to join the merry queue.
happy.gif
You owe me $20.90 ($20 for borders, 90cts for the E).

Happy 7 months to all the babies in this forum! Time flies!!!! Soon we will be celebrating their first year birthday!

I want to COMPLain abt my mil!

Our relationship is usually amicable but she annoys me so much yesterday that I have no choice but to take it out on her son.. aka my hub!

Cos I only introduced rice cereal to Megan when she almost turned 6 months and just yesterday (before she turned 7 months) porridge was given to her for the first time. So during dinner, she had to talk to Megan: "u should have eaten porridge when u are 4 months... u are 3 months late already! Cos ur mummy keeps giving u cereal... which has so much fang fu ji!"... and on and on and on and on!

I REN!

Then after dinner at 8pm which is usually her sleeping time, i asked the maid to put her to the bed and pat her a bit. Usually after 5 minutes, Megan will fall asleep. But she and my FIL were talking so loudly in the living room so after 15 mins she was still not asleep. so she and my FIl went to her room and when they came out... this is their conversation: (in hokien)
MIL: baby haven't sleep, maid falling asleep by patting her.
FIL: how come baby mai koon (dun want to sleep), must make her sleep?
MIL: her lao bu (mother) lor... say she must go to bed at 8pm...
FIL: aiyoh.. mai koon then let her be lor
MIL: my children last time.. also never sleep so early!

Me cannot tahan: I think its because u are talking too loudly.. when u all are not around, she sleeps punctually at 8!!!!!

So they left after a while... and within minutes of their departure, Megan fell asleep at 830 pm!

I am annoyed because she likes to question abt my handling of baby by insinuating that what im doing is wrong!!

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+2">Happy Birthday <font size="-1">(and belated birthday)</font> to Yun, Victoria, Cayden, Dylan & Jovann!! 5 more months to the big 1!</font></font>

rainnie,
sorry, i know i shldn't be laughing, but the thought of rainnie laughing when u lift up ur top is funny leh! LOL!

rexbabie,
my flash eat sai also
sad.gif
and he can lick his chops after that too. yeeesssshhh! the other dog must have had something tasty for dinner i think.

eling,
hmmm... i use those wipes to clean DN's face and hands too... well, it says "hand & mouth wipes" so should be safe right? er... but i guess if possible, best would be to wash with water if a toilet is nearby.

cheekz,
OMG! can't believe that ur confinement lady tried to poison u! jeeeesh... hey, DN has eczema too.
sad.gif
do u or ur hb have a history of asthma, eczema, allergies, skin or nose sensitivities?

jasmine,
so funny... i open this thread and the first thing i read (in BOLD some more!) is "Weaning Off My Breasts"! hahahahaha! oh gosh, me too. i was supposed to stop when DN is 6 months. he's now 7.5 months! it ain't happening lor. now that i've just found out he's allergic to cow's milk lagi worse. want to stop also cannot stop! which leads me to my next question...

<font color="0000ff">ANY OTHER BBS HERE ALLERGIC TO COW'S MILK???</font>

joon, DN can take soy milk if allergic to cow's milk? my friend's kid is allergic to cow's milk. not sure abt kai, hasnt test it out yet.

joon

u mean DN develop rashes after drinking FM ? which brand ? i guess brand doesnt makes a difference since they are all cow's milk ? is it ? sorry me FM-idiot ahahha

my rachel wean off my breast by herself so I have stopped latching her ----> which means my ss dropped. so i'm supplementing her with Enfalac now.

Rexbabie,

Relax! keep cool! It's clearly different school of thoughts here! MIL school and DIL school. There's no right or wrong in whoever. Both parties are right in their own way. Nevertheless, juz tolerate.... close one eye or one ear when they start saying things that are unpleasing to our ears....

Anyway, don't worry. u are not the only one with MIL issues... heeee! so don't get too upset!!! I think all MIL or DIL juz want the best for the bb.

peachie, okie! cya tomolo....oh... still LONG Q ah? While walking back office i saw a few ladies .. carrying one box of it back...dont think they took leave leh ... never mind i just go down and try my luck keke

Joon....laugh is ok...kekek i laugh also when she have such a reaction. You might wanna let him take soya base milk?

peachie, ive been to THE SENTOSA (previously known as beaufort). totally love it! i mean tt's the next best place to go nearest to spore! ive been there twice. and twice i tried out the bontanical spa. once is in the outdoor villa (coz couple package).

rexabie, can understand ur frustration. but this kind of thing dun happen everyday, so just close 1 eye lor. i know easier said than do it.

i do not stay w in laws and in laws are not taking care of my bb. but whenever there's a chance, MIL will compare my bb w her daughter's bb (1 mth younger than mine) which i dislike.

i think, if i had joined this thread earlier (ie from pregnancy), i wouldn't have half the problems i'm having now...coz both my hubby & me were so clueless....and still are...

<font color="0000ff">brenda</font>
i didn't have confinement maid....my MIL came by the first week to teach previous HELPER to cook...

so i only had that helper...just HER, me and baby @ home....

<font color="0000ff">jasmine</font>
thanks babe, will look out for your PM....

<font color="0000ff">emoments</font>
sms me is easiest to get me...can't wait to meet u and handsome dylan!

brought rae ann for the coverlooks photo on monday...took the same package as u...

was the photographer called fabian? he made rae ann cry....scared her with his BIG FLASHY camera...and then most of the pics came out with her having tears in her eyes....

i told him to photoshop EDIT the tears out...

<font color="0000ff">j@@n</font>
i had asthma + rhinitis, hubby has skin ISSUES....hopefully all that breast milk will do her some good...*cross fingers*

It is really sad to read abt Sabie's condition, I was tearing as I read what happened to her for the past few days. Really pray that she will pull thru this critical period. God bless sabie and her family.

Hi Emoments, Xena, Melody, Rexbabie, J@@N and Brenda,

Thank you all on behalf of little Jovy buttons.

Happy 7th month old to baby Dylan too!!! & Happy Belated 7th month old to baby Cayden, Yun and Victoria!!!

anyone using FTG ?

do u know how to clean the interior ? can I wash the whole thing with soap ? I tried to wipe the interior but not very clean.

<font color="0000ff">Brenda</font>!

Thanks for the very very comprehensive guide to enabling PMs!!! You are so sweet!!!
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Edksd</font>

Thanks too for the info on Spa Botanica. Think I will give it a try.
happy.gif
Me looking forward to it. We will be bringing Clarence there with us, so probably cannot go for the couple spa... haiz.... We have to take turns to look after him.
sad.gif
All couple time seems to have disappeared after the baby arrived! Me and my husband hardly have more than 30mins to sit down and talk every day.

<font color="ff6000">Rainnie</font>

See you tomorrow! Wow, you really going to queue! Amazing!
happy.gif
sms me when you are here okie?

<font color="119911">Cheekz</font>

You went for the coverlooks photoshoot too! Very enticing hor? I cannot wait to collect Clarence's photos! Must share Rae Ann's after you've got them can? Clarence also cries a lot... Haiz... Great idea!!! I din even think of using photoshop to remove the tears! Hehe...

<font color="0077aa">Yuna</font>

Hope Clarice is fine after the Prevnar jab! How's her constipation? Better? Aunty peachie sends her a hug!
kao_kiss.gif

edksd,
yeah, DN has to take either soy-based milk or goat's milk. heard that goat's milk is very smelly! ugh! hahaha... haven't tried that but might have to, coz DN didn't like the soy-based milk we bought for him.

ilovebabies,
wah! the bouncy dots are so cute! hee hee...
DN broke out in serious rashes when he had the formula milk (we gave him enfapro). it looked like blisters at first, then subsided to 'flat' rashes. he was also super cranky that night, prob coz he was uncomfortable. it went away after abt 12 hours.

cheekz,
ah! sama-sama! i had childhood asthma, still have sinus and my mom & sis have sensitive skin. my hb's side all ok... so i'm the one that sabo DN! *faint* but i guess i gotta be careful with this guy. he's more prone to allergies, eczema and all that nonsense. aiyah! so did u buy extra photos from coverlooks?

peachie,
oh goodness, tell me abt it. i can't remember when was the last time my hb and i had a good talk. i miss that! *sigh*

<font color="ff6000">Any bb drinking <font color="119911">ENFAPRO 2</font>? I have a just-opened 400g tin to give away!
happy.gif
</font>

Wheat
hey mummies, wonder if you've introduced your babies to wheat already? I think i read somewhere that it's better to intro wheat later coz it's prone to give allegies.

Also i noticed that most of the teething biscuits have wheat content and some have sugar n salt. Do you know of any that don't?

<font color="0077aa">J@@n ah</font>, you're putting DN on soy based milk now is it?

<font color="0077aa">Peachie</font>, no problem
happy.gif
with the PM info..
As for your hols, how about Bintan? there's a 2 bedroom villa at Indra Maya that goes for abt S$600 per night with pool facing sea, I used to bring my whole family there and it's not too bad too
happy.gif

Yes, I've been to both the Spa and also stayed in the hotel quite a few times. Spa Botanica is considerably the nicest Spa in SG, in my opinion. That is in terms of its spa's ambience and the environment. If you're getting a massage within the spa premise itself, ask for the outdoor pavilion if not you'll be put in a massage room that has no difference from any other Spas, 4 walls and a ceiling! But do make sure u do your massage at about 5pm when the sun is setting, otherwise you'll be swimming in perspiration with a layer of oil while the masseue (spell?) rubs! heehee.. It's just too hot to get an outdoor massage with our kinda weather urrggghhh
sad.gif

Ask for a Thai masseue, they're usually better than our local ones and do bring your bathing suit along for a mud dip!
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 6/10
Value for $$: 7/10

As for the hotel - The Sentosa Resort (formerly Beaufort), u can either take the regular deluxe room which goes about S$350.00 per night. We usually go for their package deal so the per night rate is lower than the ala carte prices.. They also have a very very nice villa which I adore, but it's also S$1,800 per night but it's really very nice.. 1 of my gfs did her wedding solemnization there in that villa, they done up the place really sweet!

Holiday Inn Batam also has a quite nice Spa too, hotel so so la but the Spa is simliar to Spa Botanica but prices are at least 30% lower! It's called the Tea Tree Spa..
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Value for $$: 9/10
But the hotel is very 3-4 stars la, I think per night is less than S$100.. that's the only set back. If you can be away for a day trip then maybe it's worth making a trip there. That means go in the morning and come back before dinner. I did that many times.. so u can leave Clarence with caretaker then scoot off for some relaxing hours also not bad la.. but if u choose to bring Clarence and stay for couple nights (keep it max 2 nights or else it'll get boring!), also feasible for this place..

Really depends on what you prefer
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">rexbabie</font>, that's why we need a www.i-hate-my-mil.com.. Haiz that's life, guess we all need to learn to live with this..
sad.gif

<font color="0077aa">cheekz</font>, oh helper as in FDW ahh.. they might not know how to handle food properly I guess..

<font color="0077aa">Ling ah</font>, ooooi!! were u sleeping when I touched on this during the puree class? hmm *spank!* heehee..
Yes, wheat contains gluten, so does rye, some oats etc.. all can cause gluten intolerance (means digestive system fails to breakdown gluten) which leads to the coeliac disease (http://www.medinfo.co.uk/conditions/coeliac.html), a very common disease. This disease can appear later in life and also can lasts life. Our 6/7 months old babies' digestive system might be too immature to digest gluten so it's better not to feed them anything that contains gluten now. Most sources suggest delay gluten intake till 8/9 months and above.. And yes, most biscuits contain wheat.. So buy RICE based biscuits such as 'Baby Bites' (can find in most supermarkets) instead, also RICE based cereal.. Oh, that also means delay in introducing Oat and Wheat cereal..

Hope this helps
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Hi Xena, Rainnie, Melody, Brenda, Rexbabie, Joon and Samy_Button$</font>

<font color="ff6000">Thanks for the wishes
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="0000ff">Cheers Dylan</font>

j@@n,
Gosh! I've not started Gabe on FM yet. So many choices I'm utterly lost and have no idea which to give so I decided to stop pondering for the moment. Have u tried the goat's milk? Is DN ok with it?

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+1">Happy 7th months to Dylan!!!</font></font>

dumpty, joon

hehe i got the text from this forum too .. tot it was quite cool ! eheh

edksd

i saw some stains in my FTG and i tried cleaning it with a damp cloth and air it dry but the stain persist. So I v tempted to wash it. What do u think ? can i ?

766447.jpg

<font size="+2"><font color="119911">H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y TO BABIES !</font></font>

<font size="-2">oh and my lil rachel is turning 8 mths old tmr !</font>

<font color="0077aa">ilovebbs</font>, AH! now I can see the hopping lines!! how come just now I saw all the 7s and 4s?! weird ahh..

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Happy 8th Month Bday to Cutesy Rachel!</font></font> ooh so fast! 4 more months to go! Jia you!!

<font color="ff6000">edksd, brenda</font>

oooooh thank u so much for the SPA recommendations...i'm so tempted....

<font color="ff6000">emoments</font>

but i think my collection date is much later than both of u!

i wouldn't want to hold u babes back...

we really have to meet up lah, neighbour! sms me!

<font color="ff6000">j@@n</font>
did u go coverlooks too??? i took their $188 package...only because the pics turned out rather nice...eventho the photographer made rae ann cry @ one point...

she got spooked by his effervescence...she's usually used to grumpy me...hahah...

Back