(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

PG,
Me cut Hannah's nail every Sat or Sun when she's napping or staring at the ceiling... I will hold each finger tightly and stopped clipping when she moved. So far so good, she understands the procedure.

Anyway today I'm very happy b'cos Hannah finally sit steadily without support. Maybe a bit slow compared to other Sept babies here but I am letting Hannah grow at her own phase. No pressure at all. Full time crawling? Not yet but I don't care.
happy.gif
My nephew did not crawl but walked straight away at 10.5 months.

762606.jpg

<font color="ff6000">Hi Melissa,</font> Hannah look so cute and happy with the toy cow. Chloe also has a toy cow but its made of plastic with buttons on it. Its a surreal cow that doesn't have legs but wheels instead.

Here's a pic of Chloe after the mani+pedi.

762679.jpg

<font color="ff0000">Buttons! Dumpty! Eling! Emma! Jerene! J@@n! jRt! Orange! Sha! Xena! Yuna!</font>

You've got mail! Please check and revert, thanks!
bounce.gif

<font color="0077aa">Emoments, Cheryl, Puppylove, Alicia</font> Thanx! unfortunately that's the ONE and ONLY pic that was well taken! uuurrghhh!

<font color="0077aa">Cheryl</font>, hey thanx! got your yahoo invite..

<font color="0077aa">Pigeon</font>, such a cheeky grin Chloe has! Cutesy!

Here are some of enzo's latest photos.. and by latest, i meant today's.. haha..

762807.jpg

<font color="0000ff">Enzo: Er.. do i loook like dopey of the 7 dwarfs??</font>

762808.jpg

<font color="0000ff">Enzo: Mommy.. i think my bandana is messy.. hehe..</font>

762809.jpg

<font color="0000ff">Enzo: Hmm.. Much better.. thanx!</font>

762810.jpg

<font color="0000ff">Enzo: Mommy.. can i have this candy??? *drools*</font>

eh... phoebe,
how come eling's orders is from amazon while the rest from walldecorshops?

my order:
Wall Dcor Pooh Fun Foam Hooks Priss Prints PP46110 Qty: 1

Re:LITTLEJETPLANE
Hmm, well, i hear from another June mummy lah that she is our thread's member.. so gotta log in to chat with us under another nick.. keke.. i also NOT SURE who leh.

Aiyah.. as long as mummy with bb near our bb age are always welcomed lah!

I just curious if anyone know which mummy is littlejetplane or not..
happy.gif

ling.. you noticed!!! hehe.. not realli preparing him lahz.. I love the camo print!!! hehe..
happy.gif
its for my viewing pleasure..
happy.gif

rainnie's mama.. its v nice to touch now lehz.. spikey spikey one.. hehe...

Emma
Your Enzo's botak very cute leh.

PG
Here comes another big Bee!

762994.jpg

No longer a toothless smile! Take a closer look to my 2 teeth!

762995.jpg

Diana.. botak cute mehz? i miss his hair!!! haha.. orrrrhhh.. u posted Jac's naken photo!!!! i blackmail her next time!!! haha... :p All the bees make us so beeeeeeeezeeeeeeeeee....hehe

PrincessEmma

Good thing to know is Enzo has a round head! But why you let him botak hah? So early preparing for NS already? Or weather too hot these 2 days? Regarding the naked photo, I remember sometime ago you posted enzo lying in bathtub. More exposed than this...
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Morning ladies!</font>

<font color="0000ff">Back from a tiring weekend... Jayden had been sticking to me during the weekend over at my mum's place.... Now i know, when my mum & dad is not in singapore, i cannot do anything but stick to him... Got so mani things to do but still have to play with him, bathe him...etc... Hubby nv help out much.. Onli help by bringing him downstairs for a walk...Does this means tat he miss ah ma & ah gong??</font>

<font color="ff6000">Brenda</font>
That pix veri nice... when i see, i told is postcard... haha...

<font color="ff0000">PG</font>
Chloe is back in her bumble bee suit... haha... Look esp cute with the honey....

Diana, enzo lying in the bathtub naked BUT when his mom took the picture they managed to hide nicely enzo's gd pal mah! And boy naked top is VERY normal....but for girl ... is a very shy thing to show leh :p

diana.. me juz joking mah.. dun so serious..

rainnie mama.. you're the best, still can remember i covered him up.. hehe.. of cos muz cover.. his privacy lehz.. haha... dun cover quite obscene.. haha..

oh btw.. did you mommies receive an email??? i received a mail telling me who Little Jet Plane is... hmm......

emma
ya ya ya! Love shoes lah... big ones small ones.. where did you get it from? R there girl ones? Like pink camo? altho i don't think i like pink camo very much. But it'll match our converse all stars!

<font color="0077aa">PG, Diana</font>
Your bumble bees are so adorable! *muacks*

<font color="0077aa">Emma</font>
The shoes look familiar hor? hehehe... Nice nice on Enzo! Now u make me *gian* the shoes ler... Hahaha...

dumpty.. ya lohz... its those shoes.. hehe.. he loves them... er... more like he loves chewing them.. muahahaha.... its a steal lahz.. but dun buy alr.. this was the biggest they had, and its gonna be too small for him soon...
sad.gif

michele,

saw the message.. praying for sabie liaoz.. hope patsy will be strong..
happy.gif

emma,
i no receive such PM leh.. you only one who got it ah?

<font color="ff0000">Enzo ahh, maybe your mummy also needs a lesson in tying bandana, like my mummy? hee..</font> - Arianne

<font color="0077aa">Emma</font>, yah! Enzo's shoes are cute.. ooh suited exactly what yesterday <font color="ff0000">Orange's mini-kum Cayden</font> was wearing! Right, <font color="ff0000">Ah Kum</font>?

<font color="0077aa">B_Rainnie</font>, now then we can show them naked, next time when they all grow up cannot liao.. hee..

<font color="0077aa">Diana</font>, so cute Jac! Bee in the garden! heehee..

i am not sure which other mommy got it.. but never mind lahz... if lil jet plane is a sept mommy, then so be it.. if she wants to make $$$ out of us.. also lidat.. biz is biz mah... as long as we're still getting the best price, i think there's nothing we can complain abt lohz... biz is still biz...
happy.gif

Yah <font color="ff0000">Em</font>, willing buyer, willing seller.. but it's nice to own up one's identity and not have an 'alter ego' cos we want our thread to be a safe place to be, no one to be wary of, right? haizzzz...

hello all, posting on behalf of <font color="aa00aa">Daisybuttons</font>

Children's Health
Cancer-Causing Chemical Found in Children's Bath Products
By Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
Feb 8, 2007 - 11:39:32 AM

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">CANCER-CAUSING CHEMICAL FOUND IN CHILDREN'S BATH PRODUCTS</font></font>

Women's Shampoos and Body Wash also Contaminated

(HealthNewsDigest. com) - WASHINGTON A hidden cancer-causing petrochemical has been found in dozens of children's bath products and adults' personal care products, in some cases at levels that are more than twice the U.S. Food and Drug Administration' s lenient recommended maximum.

Laboratory tests released today revealed the presence of 1,4-Dioxane in products such as Hello Kitty Bubble Bath, Huggies Baby Wash, Johnson's Baby Wash, Scooby-Doo Bubble Bath and Sesame Street Bubble Bath. The tests also found the carcinogen in Clairol Herbal Essences shampoo, Olay Complete Body Wash and many other personal care products.

1,4-Dioxane is a petroleum-derived contaminant considered a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and a clear-cut animal carcinogen by the National Toxicology Program. It is also on California's Proposition 65 list of chemicals known or suspected by the state to cause cancer or birth defects. Because it is a contaminant produced during manufacturing, the FDA does not require it to be listed as an ingredient on product labels.

The problem of 1,4-Dioxane contamination in personal care products is highlighted in a new book, "Safe Trip to Eden: Ten Steps to Save the Planet Earth from the Global Warming Meltdown," by David Steinman. The laboratory results were released jointly today at the National Press Club by Steinman and the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, a coalition of U.S.-based health and environmental groups working to protect cosmetics consumers from toxic chemicals and hold companies accountable for the safety of their products.

"Regrettably, 1,4-Dioxane contamination is just the tip of the iceberg," said Jeanne Rizzo, R.N., executive director of the Breast Cancer Fund, a founding member of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics. "Because the FDA does not require cosmetics products to be approved as safe before they are sold, companies can put unlimited amounts of toxic chemicals in cosmetics."

Steinman said parents should be outraged that companies are willing to spend a significant amount of money on entertainment licensing agreements that entice children but won't spend pennies to remove contaminants such as 1,4-Dioxane.

"Consumers who have young children, as I do, have the right to expect the highest purity in children's products," Steinman said. "I call on American consumers to say no to dangerous petrochemicals in their children's cosmetic and personal care products."

Contrary to what many consumers may believe, the FDA does not review or regulate cosmetics products or ingredients for safety before they are sold to the public and has no legal authority to require safety assessments of cosmetics.

Devra Lee Davis, professor of epidemiology and director of the Center for Environmental Oncology at the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, said that the usual regulatory approach of assessing risk one chemical at a time does not account for the combined effects of very low levels of hidden contaminants in personal care products and from other sources. "We must lower exposures to controllable agents that we know or suspect cause cancer," she said.

The FDA has been measuring 1,4-Dioxane levels since 1979, but because the agency has little authority or enforcement capacity over the cosmetics industry, it has worked with manufacturers to reduce levels on a voluntary basis only. In 2000, the FDA recommended that cosmetic products should not contain 1,4-Dioxane at concentrations greater than 10 ppm (parts per million); yet some 15 percent of products tested exceeded even these lenient guidelines. This limit, however, also does not take into account that babies exposed to 1,4-Dioxane from baby shampoo may be exposed at the same time to 1,4-Dioxane from bubble bath, body wash and many other products.

More than two dozen products were tested at Steinman's request by West Coast Analytical Service, an independent testing laboratory specializing in trace chemical analysis. Among the products tested:

Product and 1,4-Dioxane concentration:

Baby & Children's Consumer Products
Disney Clean as Can Bee Hair & Body Wash (Water Jel Technologies) : 8.8 ppm
Disney Pixar Cars Piston Cup Bubble Bath (MZB Personal Care): 2.2 ppm
Gerber Grins & Giggles Gentle & Mild Aloe Vera Baby Shampoo: 8.4 ppm
Hello Kitty Bubble Bath (Kid Care): 12 ppm*
Huggies Baby Wash Shea Butter: 4.0 ppm
Huggies Natural Care Baby Wash Extra Gentle and Tear Free: 4.2 ppm
Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash (Johnson & Johnson): 5.3 ppm to 6.1 ppm
Johnson's Kids Tigger Bath Bubbles (Johnson & Johnson): 5.6 ppm to 7.9 ppm
Johnson's Kids Shampoo Watermelon Explosion (Johnson & Johnson): 10 ppm*
Lil' Bratz Mild Bubble Bath (Kid Care): 3.7 ppm
L'Oreal Kids Orange Mango Smoothie Shampoo: 2.0 ppm
Mr. Bubble Bubble Bath Gentle Formula with Aloe: 1.5 ppm
Rite-Aid Tearless Baby Shampoo: 4.3 ppm
Scooby-Doo Mild Bubble Bath (Kid Care): 3.0 ppm
Sesame Street Wet Wild Watermelon Bubble Bath (The Village Company): 7.4 ppm

Adult Consumer Products
Clairol Herbal Essences Rainforest Flowers Shampoo: 23 ppm*
Olay Complete Body Wash with Vitamins (normal skin): 23 ppm*
Suave Naturals Passion Flower: 2.0 ppm

Steinman's book explains what Americans can do today to be "green patriots" and curb the nation's dependency on foreign oil. The new laboratory results reveal the health risks posed by the same petrochemicals that are part of what he calls the nation's growing oil addiction.

Women and girls use an average of 12 personal care products daily, according to a 2004 survey conducted by the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics.

www.HealthNewsDigest.com

PG and Diana,

I love the bumblebee outfit!!! Truly cute!
happy.gif

Brenda,

WOW!!!! You are truly one Hot mama with that bikini!
happy.gif
Which is the resort you stayed? The pool looks really nice! I'd love to be there right now!
bounce.gif

Emma,

Sorry to hear about what happened to little Enzo. Hope he is fine now... Sometimes it's tough to be good parents, but I guess we all try our best yah? There will be more of such stuffs to come when our little ones grow older. It's your SIL, so it's even tougher cos you will have to see her pretty often. If you can't talk to her to address the problem, the only way I guess is to manage it and avoid her whenever possible lor. Pretty tough, hor?

Yuna and Cheekz,

It's great chatting with you gals and Matthew on Sat, as well as to play with your little ones! They are all so cute and bright! I have sent the photos to your email account.... So check your mail yah?

Hi Crystallised,

I just was about to post the article too!
happy.gif
Got it from DB this morning....

As I was telling Mrs Buttons, actually 1,4 dioxane is a by-product from the manufacture of Poly-Ethanol Glycol (PEG). Any product that contains PEG or its derivatives will contain trace amount of 1,4 dioxane.

This will therefore include many many many brands of baby products....from moisturising wipes, to body wash, to massage creams, to diaper creams etc etc.... So it's best to avoid lathering our little ones with creams (especially those that are not rinsed and left onto the skin - this therfore will include baby wipes) whenever possible.

There is no proven SAFE quantum of 1,4 dioxane, since it is a carcinogen and therefore should be avoided as far as possible. Babies skin is much thinner, and most of their major organs and still maturing and developing at this stage, so mommies have to be vigilant and avoid carcinogenic stuffs.

Hope this helps too!

Today got so many 'postcards' posted huh. haaa! First is the nice photo of Brenda and A... wow!!!! so cool!!!! I like..Then followed by PG, Chloe's photo looks like those from Anne Geddes. Haaaa!!!!

Melissa, congrats on Hannah's achievement to sit!!

Enzo, i like u even though u botak! haaa!!!

Diana, oh gosh.. Jac's two teeth sooo cuteeee!!

diana, jac's first 2 teeth are at the top?

kai's first 2 teeth are at the bottom.

kai has learned to go from crawling position to sitting position. and his crawling speed is fast! he's now oso able to pull the railing of his cot to stand himself up. now i cant take my eyes off him even for a second!

peachie.. thanx.. enzo is alright.. he was unfazed by the slap.. hehe.. skin too thick? lol... btw, i'm getting the wallpaper from u.. rainnie's mama will collect it from u when she collects the E..
happy.gif
thanx again!!

Dear all mummies

Thanks for your compliments. Didn't know the bumble bee outfit is so popular.
happy.gif

edksk
Yes, her first 2 teeth are at top. I think most babies the bottom teeth come out first. But Jac's bottom 2 teeth are coming out soon too. Should be able to see it this week.
happy.gif

My jac can crawl a bit already, but not fast. But she can sit very well. Think because of the heavy buttock. More steady.
happy.gif

Hi Orange, cheez

Thanks for advice on the bumbo seat. I think i will still go ahead and get one. Would have economy of scale right.. since i plan to have a RAT bb.

I can't help laughing when i read Ling's comments on Enzo's mummy preparing him for army!

Chloe's bumble bee's outfit is sooooo cute!

Here's what Megan was up to this weekend:

763383.jpg

Megan: "ng ng" in a potty... doggie ate all the green poo up (prob smells of spinach) when mummy was washing my bum bum

763384.jpg

Megan: No army for me, i want to be a ballerina!

rexbabie

Love your bb's apple cheek! She looks very chubby! What is her weight hah?
BTW, your Megan can sit in potty already? Which brand you bought? I bought a potty for my jac, but she only know sit there and play. No matter I shee shee or ng ng her how much times, she just won't do her business
sad.gif

Diana

The only part Megan is chubby: her cheeks. People who see her photos always think that she is a bah bah baby.. but she is not very bah bah on her body. Her weight should be 8.something only.

And yes, she has been put in the potty for a few weeks already. Every morning, her ah ma will put her there and "ng ng" to her. And she will do her business without fail. So no more messy poo diaper change for me anymore!
My potty no brand one.. i bought it at the Taka fair for $5.90. It comes with a lid. I think safety first ones are prob abt $29.90. But I think no need buy so ex one for potty bah!

But unlike ur Jac the cute bb bee, Megan is still a bo gei! No sight of her white pearlies yet!

rexbabie

My jac also no longer poo in diaper already. But, she need someone to carry her to poo poo & pee pee. So I want to put her in potty.. But till now, still no success.

About the teeth, don't worry, my Jac's only come out when she turns to 7 months. Be patient!

rexbabie,
megan is so cute. love her hair and big round eyes. So kuai can ng ng on the potty. I bought a potty for my gal to try too, but its the kind that you have to spread your legs across like riding a horse. and we realise her legs not long enough and when she has to stride on the potty its really uncomfortable so we gave up.

WEANING OFF MY BREASTS
ok, ok, i have been talking about trying to stop BF, but have been putting it off.. so, last Thursday, i decided that i really should put some action to it..

when bedtime comes around, i ask hubby to give her a bottle of milk and i "escape" to the toilet to shower, instead of my usual latching her on! She cried non stop, rejected her bottle of milk, until her whole head was full of perspiration and face was as red as a tomato.
I buay tahan and walk into the bedroom and the moment she saw me, she wailed loudly and crawled towards me, climbed over daddy's legs even and launched herself at me!

awwww.. so "sticky" tape to me! make me bu she de stop BF...

Friday..
i give hubby the bottle again.. this time, i make myself stay put in the living room. It took him 20 min to pat her to sleep in his arms.. (cannot put down liaoz as per baby whisperer, cos she keep crawling about!), but 20 min later, she woke up yellin and i go in to check on her.. guess what?

<font size="+2"> She yelled loudly</font> as though blaming me for leaving her.. and..

sigh.., i LATCH her on <font color="ff0000"><font size="-1">weak mommy!!</font></font>

Any mommies going through the same issues as me? especially those who latch their babies?

rexbabie, megan look so cute with the thick black hair, big round eyes and chubby cheeks! I wanna carry her kekeke look so sweet in her princess dress ;)
same as edksd...i saw a mag stand in ur toilet??? So when the adult is doing biz .. they can see magz? errr

aiyo! u mean ur doggie ate up all her poo??? YUCKS .... i hope my 2 doggies wont do that!!! If i left her diaper on the flooor one of my nottie dog will bite on it and out he go ... explore his new toy! eee i cant imagine they eat my ger's pooooooo kekeee

Jasmine, i've not wean rainnie off my breast yet.....can u imagine when she is hungry and i lift up my top ... she laugh!!! I really don't know how i can wean her off...cuz her front, 2 tooth is oUT!!! i really scare she bite me..cuz she bite on my hand yesterday
sad.gif
make me yelled cuz very pain!! :'(

Rainnie
yes... its a magazine stand. I put my Jap fashion mags there so i won't be bored when i "ng ng" also. (laughs)

Yalah my cocker ate up Megan's poo on one fateful day. From that day on, i will never let him kiss me ever again! So we now we always discard Megan's poo into the toilet bowl immediately after her business is done. And guess what, my dog has recognised the smell and will now follow and walk behind her bare bum bum. He is a jia sai dog! Yucks!

Back