(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

thanks all for your congratz!
happy.gif
so many posts today.. haven't caught up w all yet!

melissa,
i'm already 20wks 4 days according to the scan report. Tatz why my bb heavier loh. According to littlepony's link, ur bb is ideal weight!

btw, my gynae says the tight feeling i've been having is indeed Braxton Hicks contractions. Some pp may not feel them, while others can be more sensitive and feel them. Some like me can't even walk properly or straighten up when i'm getting them. He also said later stage, we may get these contractions as many as 5 to 6 times a day.

hi puppylove,

can u describe to me the tight feeling? Coz I have this feeling too. I want to know whether it's the same. Mine usually on my lower left tummy, not very very painful, but a mild tight cramp feeling.. is it ok to have the Braxton Hicks contractions? What causes it and is there any danger or side effects?

smiley and bena,
breastfeeding will delay your menses not stop it altogether. good lah b'cos bf has got many advantages. my friend who's bf'ing actually can feel her uterus contracting. now her stomach flat liao really envy her.

chocolat,
don't refrain yourself with simple indulgence. i take ginger tea now and then to put out all this wind i'm having these days. i also happen to like the taste.
happy.gif
a cup a day is fine lah. don't take many (4 cups is considered many).

also, if you're worried you might wet your bed (my mother did that when she had me), you can buy that padding from Guardian pharmacy. it's blue in color and look like a big flat piece of diaper. hospitals use it to put on wheelchair or bed just after delivery or D&C. i plan on getting that too. i don't want to wet my bed either!

littlepony,
wah thanks for making my day better. didn't know baby's weight is accurate!! thanks!!
happy.gif

smiley, i think hor, the blood that comes out after birth til a few days after delivery is not the menses. think there's a name for it. sure to get it no matter whether we bf. but the "menses", the real thing, only comes back later, at least 3mths later if i am not wrong. and if u bf, supposedly takes longer to come back. think can verify with the mummies here what i say, coz i can't be totally sure too hehehe.

chocolat, think one cup of caffeinated beverage per day is fine. not more than one cup.
happy.gif

melissa, ooooh good idea! can buy those padding hor...hey thanks for the tip.
happy.gif

Melissa, yeah, i also heard that bf is teh fastest way to get back in shape...but not everyone can do bf for a long time. I am hopping to be able to bf longer period.

Little Pony & Melissa,
I've a few friends and colleague who's pregnant around me and seems that they're really the faithful kind cos they follow all the 'rules & regulations' like no caffeine, no cold drinks, less or no oranges....etc..but i take all of these..so I always feel so guilty after that.hee and yes thanks Melissa for the info...at least now I know where to get it and be prepared when the time comes...
happy.gif

hi chocolat,
haa.. i only follow no cold drinks, no oranges but as for coffee, i am sorry to say i really need it.. or else, i will have sinus every morning. Only caffeine helps to clear my blocked nose.

chocolat,

I refrain myself from drinking tea and coffee, though I do steal a few sips of tea from my hubby every now and then.

But I am quite guilty of munching on chips, chocolates, ice cream and other sinful stuff like KFC...

Haha.. tell me about it man. .I feel guilty, but everytime the temptation comes, I will give myself excuse. It is funny how I think that a small mouth of concentrated birdnest will be good and absorbed by the baby, and a whole package of chocolates or chips will not be absorbed by the baby and will not do any harm. :p

HAHAH!! Smiley!! That's really true leh. I was told that birdnest should be taken like 1 mouthful instead of 1 big bowl (which most of it will be wasted)...then can't imagine the amount of tidbits that i ate!

Are you taking birdnest often?

I take one mouthful every morning. Eu Yan Seng has discount on birdnest till Mother's Day. Those interested can go grab now before the discount is over. 20% off is quite a lot! I bought the hua yan one with rock sugar. Original price is $88, after discount is only $70.40
happy.gif

But I always thought taking one bowl is better? The concentrated one is just to ease my guilt of not eating good stuff for my baby. I have a whole box of birdnest but I am too lazy to cook it. Concentrated one is easy and covenient. Heehee...

Smiley, how many mouthful does the EYS last you?
My mom will double boil for me...but not as concentrated as those in bottle. so i will eat like a few mouthful lor.

When did you start eating ar? I started off like once a week, then only recently i did like every morning and night, cos cook ones not as concentrated as bottled ones...

Heard from some gynae that birdnest is ex and useless...but u know chinese lah...birdnest is like the best...

I not exactly sure also, but my cousin bought birdnest from "Lao hang jia" or something like that...the one selling told her that it's best aborbed by the body if we eat it mouthful once in the morning...probbaly cos eat on empty stomach, absorb faster?

I started eating last week, one mouthful each day. I think the bottle can last 1 - 2 weeks, depending on how big each mouthful you take. Anyway, once opened the bottle must be finished within 2 weeks.

Ehhh... how can the double boil one be less than the bottle one? Just put in more pieces loh.. And if double boil, my mum will put in other ingredients like the go ji zhi, pao sheng etc...

yea, I know abt the concentrated bird nest from Lo Hong Ka. So at our stage now, it's safe to take a mouthful every morning and night? Will it be too liang? or cause phelgm in bb?.....sorry me not sure...
embarrassed.gif

littlepony, last night i saw my tummy with the little bumps when bb punch...so exciting...hehe! too bad hubby missed it. he wasn't home then...but it's weird leh. Whenever i feel bb move, i asked him to put his hand on my tummy, then bb refused to move already...my frd say it's bcos hubby never talk to bb often...so bb purposely stop moving. Is it true?

Smiley...maybe how, must ask my mom to put in more pieces. Yeah, she also put in the pao sheng. Can put gou ji zi also ar? If the EYS bottle can last 1-2 weeks then very worth it leh. cook yourself troublesome...thanks for the info. Will go check out EYS.

hi bena,
haaa... think we all encounter something like that as well. Yesterday, i feel that bb was sleeping but i just wanna to wake him up. I asked my husband to call him.. but bb didn't react to his calls.. and i told my husband i will try instead. After a while, bb was kicking me.. BB was reactive to my voice instead of his. I laugh and told my husband that this is becos he didn't talk to him enough.

I dunno how true it is but i believe that my husband should talk to bb more often. heee!

bena and smiley, i also have started eating yummy birdnest, cooked by my parents. but hor, just to share something lah. this is what my chinese physcian told me. birdnest is best eaten regularly (every few days) during our 7, 8, 9 mths coz thats when it will have max benefits for baby's skin. for now, the baby skin not developing yet so whatever we eat probably only for the protein, for our lungs and own skin? now she suggested i eat once every 2 weeks. my parents intended to cook once a week for me one, but the physician say dun need for now. yah they also put pao sheng and rock sugar. but my physican say shld use "zhe tang" instead of "bing tang". does anyone knwos what "zhe tang" looks like? my parents say its the brown sugar crystals, cane sugar. but i tot i rem the physican saying it looks like sugar cane? or did i hear wrongly hehehee.

oh yeah she also mentioend such tonic stuff we shld drink in the morning or noon time, not at night. so jia lat loh, hehehe i always drink at night. gotta change habit. she explained its coz u may have disturbed or restless sleep at night if drink late. not sure about the absorbency though.

do you all talk to your babies.. like as in really talk? with voice and all? like talking to a handphone handsfree? i feel weird leh doing that. i think baby can only hear me if i'm talking to other people only.. hahaha.. i just can't do it man.. i just can't. i feel silly!

hi smiley,
sorry for the late reply. Was having meetings whole afternoon...

Yours do sound like BH contractions. For me, they're tight cramping feeling, more on the lower part of my abdomen. Itz a normal thing - ur body is practising for real labour. I've colleagues who feel them mildly only, while others do not feel at all. I seem to be having the worst case, sometimes i juz bend double fr the cramp! U may want to confirm w ur gynae during ur next visit.

here's some info:
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/braxtonhicks/

hi bena, when my baby kick me, then hubby put his hand on my stomach, then the kicking will stop hehee... he dun wan to let daddy know he kick mummy hahhaa...

Puppylove,
congrats on ur bb girl..

gals,
pls do be careful and take care...esp now alot of pple falling sick...
i was down with bronchitis..n so is my son..so now both of us are on inhaler..
so if u hve cough,do go n see doc...

Hie ladies~!

been a long tym since i last post a msg.. today i finally went 2 KKH 4 my very 1st appt.. im already 19wks preggie.. n d doc told mi dat she tink my baby is a boy~! im so thrilled~! although she did say dat my tummy is pretty small.. i guez its ok.. as long as i take my vitamins daily... my boiboi shld be fine..

by d way.. my EDD is 28/09/06...

To all mummies out der...

a few days ago, i went 2 jrg east mrt POPULAR... and i chanced upon diz pregnancy book.. titled "Pregnancy: week by week".. i took a look at it.. quite good.. lots of pictures... and every week they show whats happening inside ur tummy.. and they show you what really happens 2 ur baby when u are in labour.. n what u go through during labour.. there is also abt diet and exercise during pregnancy.. overall i tink d book is quite a bargain 2 all mummies who never gets enuf of their growing baby in their tummy..

i do remember one thing why baby are active at night~! at night we women have 2 get our rest.. and we are not moving abt much.. babies tend 2 fall asleep more when there are constant movement or noise.. dats y we are able to feel d baby move more at night when we rest~! and when d baby is delivered.. they are soothed by sound of running water or even the "turning" of the washing machine... it is reported dat some parents even resorted 2 recording d sound of the washing machines and play it at night so dat their baby can fall asleep..

im a 2nd tym mum.. going thro my 2nd pregnancy rite now. at 19weeks.. i enjoy reading d book.. a pity dat tym i didnt have enuf cash on mi at dat tym.. the book costs abt less than $25 bucks.. its by Hamly if im not wrong.. i tink im goin 2 get one.. see wheder i can find one at Jrg Point POPULAR outlet...
take care ;p

Hi gals,
Morning..
Wow, there are indeed lots of posts to catch up.
So many of u have come up with names.

Puppylove,
Congrats of having a baby gal!

Daisybuttons,
You are right. The term is not menes.
We will be having lochia right after we given birth and its will b heavier than menes.

Last time i have asked my gynae whether we can bath everyday not? He told me of cos! Its a must to keep ourselves clean esp when we r breastfeeding.
He added that last time,women cant bath everyday bcos they r using water from the well.

During my last confinement, for the 1st few days,i only wipe myself clean with rice wine..several times a day .Only after that, i used "da feng ai" to bath and its better not to wash our hair daily.

Morning Gals!

Smiley, MrsChng...yah lor...it's really werid hor, bb just suddenly stopped like that...don want hubby to feel them kicking. I also told my hubby that he should talk to bb more often.

Daisybuttons, i think ur physician ask u not to drink at night cos there is pao sheng added. I think pao sheng supposed to ti shen, so will keep you awake if taken at night. I also heard ppl saying that now eat birdnest not must use as bb is not absorbing as much yet. Best time is 3rd tri..but guess we eat now is to bu ourselves first
happy.gif

Watie, congrats! Just curious, how come u in 19wk then 1st time visit your gynae? before that you did not see him?

Elmo88, so glad to hear that ur gynae say it's ok to bathe everyday...heheh...

Morning! Yah my bb also moved alot and my hubby feel and saw it quite afew times. We can even see my tummy moving and popping. So fun and cute. My hubby will read simple story to our girl too.

As for tonic. I eat concentrated birdnest from Lao Hang Jia everyday morning with pao sheng powder. But now running out od the birdnest liao. Will have to go Lao Hang Jia to collect another bottles again. As for cooked birdnest and chicken essence, my father-in-law cooked for me once a month. Brewed Birdnest with pao sheng is so yummy compared to bottle one. As for Chicken Essence, he will brewed with pao sheng, guo qi zi, red dates and cordyceps.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Lovenest</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB Name</TD><TD>Preferred Birth method</TD><TD>Baby # </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amylim</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Bartley Rd</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Chng</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok </TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Jordan Chng </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine Lau</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr. Denas Chandras </TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>St. George's</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Jadienne</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Early Sept</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>E-ling</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boon Tiong Rd</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Amabel Loh</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charis</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>;) (ilovebabies) </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural </TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>joon</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Blastier</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>lichristin</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Rykiel</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>elaine</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ubi</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>DaBee</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Marine Parade</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>elmo88</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kelyen</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>chocolat (chocolat) </TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Mary Yang </TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural </TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emma</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Enzo</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Pony</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Kim Tian</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Wayne</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>chngs wife</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>mae</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>daisybuttons</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>77(peachie)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Resha (rani) </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen </TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD><TD>Telok Blangah </TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainnie</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>forgetmenot</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Tracey Lim </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pjen</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smileys</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>80% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pig2</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Melissa (veryhappy) </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Brenda Low </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>75% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>edksd</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Merah View</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>None</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>bjiou (bjiou)</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chew </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Teoh </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Pasir Ris </TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Domesticgoddess</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>End Sep</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>C-section with Epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
Welcome Bena, pls update me with ur info. Thanks!

Wow...puppylove, ur frd lasted for 1month? The usual mense of 4-5 days is already very tiring
sad.gif
The website u posted says it may last anything from 2-6weeks. *faint*

Hi E-Ling...here's my info:

Nick: Bena
EDD: 20-Sept
Gynae: Dr K.W.Lee
Hospital: Gleneagles
Lovenest: Novena
BB Name: Not decided
Preferred delivery: Natural w/o epidural
BB#: 1

yummy...Hubby juz bought back a packet of birdnest back yesterday. Finally can start taking it weekly. Sld be enuff rite? How often do you gals take?

Hi Bjiou,
Thanks for that website. Quite useful. I err.. abit underweight .. but not too much .. just by 1kg.. so not so worrying.

Little Pony

Me too..underweight for 1kg. Hehee

Hey but you are taking weight before meal of after? Becuz before and after varies 1.5kg leh.

Gals, you gynae will tell u how heavy your bb is? the last time i visit him, the only told me the head size, but did not tell me how many grams my bb weighed
sad.gif

Bjiou,
My current weight is 58kg. I am 1.68m long.. and err.. i have increased 6kg so far!!!! Oh gosh.. that's quite alot as compare to you leh. I am at my 20weeks! :-(

haha...bjiou, i put on a lot of weight. to date (20wk), i put on 8kg already! Initially, i ballooned very fast and gynae says too much...but now ok liao...think my genes is those that will put on a lot. My cousin and aunty put on like 26kg throughout the whole pregnancy...guess i will be like them
sad.gif

little pony

you are so tall. I am juz 1.59m leh. So i tink i look obese then u. So your pre-pregnancy weight you are so light.

E-ling

Thanks for contributing. I still worried if i hve gained too much.

bjiou, yah lor...i try not to be too bothered about my weight for now...i am the kind who puts on weight easily, but to lose them is tough!
Think most of the weight increased are around my torso. My arms and legs still look quite the same...bust area increased a lot. Was quite shocked and kept asking if they are really mine...hehe...

Anyway, looking at the bb growing each day, guess it's all worth it. After delivery then jian fei!

This is your 2nd bb?

Hi Bena

Me too... already put on 7-8kg liow.. till I dare not go &amp; weigh myself
sad.gif

But my tummy still very small leh... in fact, my cols said I still dun look like pregnant... and my hubby said I look very fat only
sad.gif

I'm also the kind who puts on weight easily one
sad.gif

emoments...for me, my tummy very big! when i was about 3 months that time, tummy already pop out. Everyone was shocked to know that this is my 1st child...cos usually they say 1st bb, tummy won show so early. My tummy now ard 35-36 inches already
sad.gif

Don worry...look on the bright side...after delivery then we work hard to shed those weight!

Back