(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

wow puppylove i good ah, hehehe i was about to tell edksd that kids mall is at the other tower nearer to eng wah, not together with the maternity and baby shops, then u came out with the floor plan layout hehehee.
happy.gif

edksd, dun worry u go there sure a lot of things to see one. kidsmall is quite big and nice, but i think the things quite exp leh! my hubby say he saw a cot there, same as the usual std ones we see, but selling at $900 plus!

peachie, about the yaolan, my parents discouraged me from it leh. surprising right? coz usually older generation will like. coz they say baby may get so used to it that hard to fall asleep anywhere else. oh sleeping in cot difficult to fall asleep? i didnt know that. well, i do know that yaolan shape is very comforting to baby coz it wraps around baby like in the mother's womb. so very familar and the rocking motion makes baby sleeps better too. but i also hear myths that yao lan, due to the constant rocking motion, not good for baby's brain development, similar to playing with baby throwing him up and catching him kinda of play. not sure how true though.

daisybuttons,
u r right!! if my boy with mi..i cant do hsewk,...n even cook to eat...
i can oni eat wat is available,like bread,biscuits..cannot let him see him eat..cos he wans to eat too..n for hsewk,can oni do it when he is not at home..

sometimes i cant even go toilet..cos he will cry n cry,if i leave him in his cot or play yard to go toilet..

my mil says my boy sticky to mi now cos i'm preg..aft i deliver liao,he will not be sticky liao..i wonder how true it is lah..cos think my boy all along tt sticky to mi leh...

Hi daisybuttons and pjen,

Thanks for the info on the yao lan!
happy.gif
Some of my collegues swear by it cos the baby will fall asleep fast, and will sleep better.

Hehe, not sure about the brain development.... I slept in a yao lan till I was 5 years old. I just refused to sleep anywhere else. I remembered that the constant rocking motion was really soothing and conducive to sleep. Patting my kid for over an hour, esp after a long day at work, can be really tough.

About the infant cots, one of my friends just bought one from a shop at Paragon (which sells baby cots for $1000 and above), which is supposed to sell premium beds which is suppoosed to be beneficial to the spinal development of the infant (cos got spring mattress). It costs her close to $1200. I almost fainted when I heard the price. So the kidsmall one is not the most ex after all.

helo forgetmenots, oh wow i see. hehe sounds very sticky, but i like! hahahhaaa.... maybe i say that now lah.....dunno leh, just feel so teh of a baby to be so close to mummy. ;) yah they say if preggie older kid will be jealous and can sense it. but i think since urs all along like that shld not be the reason hor?

peachie, actually true lah, alot of us also sleep in yaolan but we are fine. dunno leh, anyway i wun buy, but thats only my own views lah.
happy.gif

oh, about the cot hor, actually ur friends one also not the most exp leh. the reason why i say the kidsmall one exp is coz its a normal cot, same wood, same design as a $300 one that we see. ur friend one for spring mattress so worth the money. this one dun have.

i know of a place sell even more exp cots. u rem the show zoe tay was in? she visited this shop with lai yi ling, the shop is sooooo beautiful with lovely baby things in european designs, evry very quaint and sweet. then when i preggie, i decided to call them up to find out how much their cot. they were hesitant to tell me. until i ask them how much is the cheapest one, what price they start at. she said starts at $1plus K! i wanted to faint hehehehehee.....can u imagine? starts at leh... i think can compare to the paragon shop u tokking abt.

edksd, other than the shops located at level 3, there are two shops located just next to Harvey Norman at level 2 - Mothercare & Thyme Maternity. Just take the escalator near the Giordano / Fancl Shop and you will see it.

Hi ladies,

Forgot to update you all. My baby is a girl. Will be trying for natural birth w/o epidural.

happy.gif
All ready for shopping??

bjiou,
ask u hor,tt time when u expecting ur 2nd bb,did u tell ur 1st child tt u are having a bb and did u get gift for ur 1st child?
i was wondering does my boy understand or not...he is still so young..

daisybuttons,
sometimes can be annoying.but sometimes is quite sweet..cos he dun wan anyone...n when u carry,he will hug mi tight tight like afraid tt i will put him down...

hi ladies, I'm having this extreme tightness around my tummy, since lunchtime... like the tummy being over-stretched. Any of u experienced this b4? Very difficult to walk straight, need to bend a bit... Itz not bloatedness cos i know wat that feels like. And the tummy feels hard to the touch. Any idea why it's so??

hi forgetmenot

Now both my kids know im having a baby, whenever I asked them who is inside my tummy? They will both answered "BABY". My boy is 2.5 and gal is 1.5. But last time i didnt tell my boy becuz he was only 14 mths old when i gave birth to my daughter. He didnt know how to talk yet he was trying his best to learn how to walk.

Hi gals,
For those going shopping this weekend,check this out!

Mothercare Labour Day Holiday Special
We are pleased to inform you that from Friday 28th April 2006 to Tuesday 2nd May 2006, there will be a discount of 15% on Mothercare fashions, and also buy 2 get 1 free for our toiletries.

Don't miss out on this event, join us at Mothercare and enjoy savings.

The Mothercare Marketing Team

puppylove, it's very normal. Me too, it is dur to womb training for contraction. They called it, Braxton Hicks contractions.

Jasmine, congrats on having a princess. me too having a bb gal. So have to start shopping? My hubby said is still very early to buy anything. So i bobian lor.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Lovenest</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Preferred Birth method</TD><TD>Baby # </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amylim</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Bartley Rd</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Chng</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok </TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine Lau</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr. Denas Chandras </TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>St. George's</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Early Sept</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>E-ling</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boon Tiong Rd</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charis</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>;) (ilovebabies) </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural </TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>joon</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Blastier</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>lichristin</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>05-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>elaine</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ubi</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>DaBee</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Marine Parade</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>elmo88</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kelyen</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emma</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Pony</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Kim Tian</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>chngs wife</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>mae</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>daisybuttons</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>77(peachie)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Resha (rani) </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen </TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD><TD>Telok Blangah </TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainnie</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>forgetmenot</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Tracey Lim </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pjen</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smileys</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>80% girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pig2</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Melissa (veryhappy) </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Brenda Low </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>edksd</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Merah View</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>bjiou (bjiou)</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chew </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Teoh </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Pasir Ris </TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Domesticgoddess</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>End Sep</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>C-section with Epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

E-Ling,
Heard fr colleague tat for Braxton Hicks, u'll feel contractions for a few seconds then ur womb relaxes. Then contract for a few secs again b4 relaxing... Itz not what I'm feeling loh... itz tight all the way since lunchtime. Now slightly better tho' walking is still difficult...

Mothercare Labour Day Holiday Special

Dear all MTBs,

Pleased to inform you that from Friday 28th April 2006 to Tuesday 2nd May 2006, there will be a discount of 15% on Mothercare fashions, and also buy 2 get 1 free for our toiletries.

Don't miss out on this event!!

Then probably, i could share with MTBs that the Great Singapore Sale 2006 will be from 26 May - 23 July 2006.

Do up a baby to buy list and do a big shopping during that period of time then.

wow looks like there's quite a few mothercare customers here who recieved the promo updates. thanks for informing! hehehee....

eling, the shop is wild child, located along club street. dun know the unit number though...not been there....

forgetmenot, hehehe so cute, like afraid that u will go away so hold on tight tight to you.
happy.gif
very teh leh, so adorable, i like.
happy.gif

puppylove, how's ur tight tight feeling? sorry i din feel that before, but i tot i rem that someone else in this thread or another thread mentioned this feeling before and its quite common for some ppl. u try not to walk too much, and if it pass away after some time shld be alright. maybe womb is stretching...

jasmine, i am ready for shopping man! but hor, do u believe in the myth that we shldn't buy baby stuff untill 6th mth of our pregnancy? if so, i can only start buying in june, which shld be okie coz we must stop buying by 25july (7th lunar mth) mah. so the GSS come at the right time yar!!!

littlepony, thanks for the info! YIPEEEEEE!!!!! will GSS also applies to those baby and mother shops like kiddy palace, mothercare, motherworks etc etc you think???

oh got one question to ask mummies with 1 or 2 or 3 kids oredi. keep forgetting to ask. do you girls drink DOM direct during confinement when u are breastfeeding?? i know cannot drink direct coz it will transmit to breastmilk? got one friend of my hubby, drank thinking that baby wants to sleep. but baby cry for milk so she bo bian gotta feed. then baby immediately fall asleep for hours. not very good right? i heard better just cook in food only. but i know a lot of ppl still drink direct leh. what do u mummies think and can u share ur experience?

hi girls... so many messages to catch up!!!!

Have realli been busy at work.. with a uncaring and not understanding boss.. work can realli be hell.. sigh..

well.. two days ago, i fell coming out of the bathroom... i was so worried... sigh.. so i called my fren to ask how.. she told me she fell during her 2nd tri too.. and said that her gynae told her that as long as there's no spotting, it should be alright... and i went to read up a coupla books, they also mentioned that a simple fall will not hurt the baby.... so that puts me more at ease...
happy.gif

yesterday i went for my detailed scan!!! confirmed that its a boy!!! everything looks ok.. the tech there wasnt very friendly.. unlike the one i had for my NT scan... she never said much to us.. juz type and type... i din even get to see baby till the last bit... where she showed us the baby's everything... hehe... it was exciting though... so i guess getting a kind and friendly tech during the detailed scan is also quite impt... too bad we cant choose.. hehe

but.. on my way to TMC yesterday morning, hubby and I met with an accident... car quite damaged, but we, three are ok... i blame it on my boss.. cos she doesnt allow me to take off for the whole day when i go for check ups... she makes me take time off and rush there and back.... urgh!!!! how unreasonable right... should bill the damages to her... cos if i did not have to rush back, my hubby wouldnt be going so fast.... sickening woman she!!!!

emma, oh dear, but am glad to hear that you are alright. can imagine how worried you are. lucky ur checkup is after the slight incident so u can assure baby okie through the scan. take care okie? ur boss sounds really not understanding leh.
sad.gif

and the Motherhood fair at Expo starting on 31st May !

btw, do u gals think we shld get a pump now ? I was thinking to get it prior to end of maternity leave as I won't know if I have sufficient milk supply.

hey emma !!

glad that u r ok ....

eh ur boss a bit terrible right ? you are entitled to your leave and take 1 day leave is not a big deal !!

Morning everyone,
TGIF!! this wk long wkend!! and so many sales gng on...

i shd wait till GSS and motherhood fair then buy some things...

puppylove,
how are u now?do u feel the tighting feeling frequently?if so,pls let ur gynae noe..cos i oni experienced this when i'm in my last tri...

bjiou,
ya lor..i think if i tell my boy now,he oso will not understand...dunno if i buy a gift for him,telling him is fr didi or mei mei or not..

daisybuttons,
hehe..sometimes can be very sweet lah..but at times when he is notti. headache mann....

ilovebabies...

apparently she doesnt think so lehz.. say will affect my work... sianz lahz... she go on leave the whole office rejoice man.. haha...

talking abt breast pumps.. my fren bought a manual pump.. cos she did not buy the idea of electric pumps... but after using it for a few days.. she got her hubby to get the electric pump for her... now she swears by it.. but its 799 lehz... dun u think its realli ex??????

Hi Emma, glad that you and ur baby are fine. Your boss so bad man!

Puppylove, ic mine is Braxton Hicks. Think you better asked ur gynae in next visit. Think is ok as long as no spotting.

ilovebabies, went to previous fair at Expo, nothing much to see and buy leh , wondering whether to go this time round.

emma ...

ya the electric pump is ex but I think it really saves time and effort, esp if we are expressing in ofc. Dun think we want to be MIA for too long right ? is the brand Mendela ? i am v interested in that as I rcv a lot of good comments abt it. But dont think I buy it so early lah ..

e-ling..

is that so ? chey .. tot I can do my shopping once and for all at the fair ... and also I dont require to buy a lot of things since I inherit most stuff from my sis ... nvm will drop by ...

ilovebabies

she bought the one from avent.. she says its very intelligent... u juz pump a few times, then the pump will register ur motion and do it exactly the same as the way u want it... i dunno if the medela one has this function.. but it should lahz.. cos cost abt the same... but i still dunno if i wanna invest so much lehz... and think its best to buy after birth... try to see if realli got milk or not first.. if not spend 800 and no milk.. realli... urgh!! lol

Pupplylove

Mine was oso Braxton Hicks contraction. Tats y now im taking med to stop this from happenning.

forgetmenot
Ya..I tink you can do it after you gave birth then everything you buy for your elder boy u can say is didi or meimei who gives. So they can see who mah..if u give now they oso dunno wat u talking abt.

bjiou, take med to stop Braxton Hicks contraction. I tot is very normal to have Braxton Hicks contraction and there is no harm right? The gynae nv give me any med to prevent leh, she just said is normal.

eling
Becuz according to my gynae too much and in your early weeks of pregnancy is not good lor. Cuz it may become real labour leh. Then my boy and girl was born ard 38weeks and my girl was 36+ leh.

bjiou, aiyo my gynae nv told me that leh, she said is normal. I am worrying now. How?

Anyone else is having this and taking med too?

E-Ling

Are you having alot of Braxton Hicks contraction? Usually it happens more to 2nd time mum leh. I didnt take it for my 1st pg but I took it during my 2nd and 3rd pg

Daisybuttons,

That time, I drink Dom just before i go to bed.
We can first express our milk and put in fridge, if baby really need to drink, can warm it and give.

ilovebabies,
I think its better get a pump before the baby comes out.
That time, i also scared milk supply not enough, thats why din get a pump. In the end, have to get hubby to get one for me as i cant go out during my confinement.
New borned bb tend to sleep most of the time so i can express the milk with the pump to ease my engorgement.

Emma,
Your boss so inconsiderate one.Is she married with kids? If i were u, i will take 1 day leave.Bo chap her.

hi elmo88

tks for the advice .. ya hor .. i did not think of the engorgement .... and also to prep lot of cold cabbages ! hehe ...

then maybe I will borrow the pump from someone else first ... tks !

btw do we need to take med for the contractions ? I also tot it is normal ?

ilovebabies,

Massage with hot towel can ease engorgement.

For my 1st preg,I never encounter BHC. Hope this one, i wont kenna. I think its better to avoid medicine unless its really unbearable.

hi! thanks all for ur concern! i took half day leave this morning to rest n feel better now. Will monitor closely n if i feel it again, will call the clinic to ask. Otherwise will wait till my visit on Thur to check w my gynae. Suspect it may b the normal stretching of the womb or ligaments to cater to growing bb. BB was particularly active last night and today - besides kicking, i thot i felt him/her shifting position! Cld feel the movement under my palm. Quite uncomfortable cos of all the pressing against me. Guess bb running out of space!
happy.gif

Abt the breast pump, am also not sure whether to wait till after delivery to c milk supply or get a manual first, or invest in an electric one straightaway when there's a sale. Heard the Medela electic one is v. gd but costly, think itz S$700+. Purchase fr US is cheaper, provided u can get someone to bring it back for u.

Here's some info:
http://store.babycenter.com/category/feeding_nursing/breastfeeding/breast_pumps/?stage=all&amp;urlName=&amp;list=&amp;show=all&amp;sortOrder=brand&amp;byBrand=&amp;range_start=0

hi all, thank you for the info on suntec.

today i went there. managed to get a few maternity clothes from cloud9, spring maternity and perfect mum.

now i know where to go for nice maternity clothes. suntec is the place to go as it has few bigger shops together.

im still wearing my usual clothes daily, i realised when i put on maternity clothes, i really look pregnant :p

hie ladies~!

been such a long time since i last post a msg here.. by the way.. ive been 2 see d doc already! finally... hehe.. im already in my 18wks.. i listened 2 my baby heartbeat.. n d doc measured my tummy wif a measuring tape..

he said dat my baby is quite small.. 4 sum1 who is almost 5mth pregnant.. my tummy is as flat as a pancake~! i dun look like im pregnant.. im still wearing my pair of tight jeans.. but im not feeling dat worried.. becoz my 1st pregnancy was d same.. i was 9mth preg but look as if im only 6mth preg.. but still i gave birth 2 a healthy 3kg baby girl..

next thurs im going 2 KKH 4 my very 1st appt.. but still not too sure when im really due tho..

Wow, you girls has been really active. Was busy with work for the last 2 weeks. Had to spend a few hours to catch up on the thread.

E-Ling, pls update this is my first baby, still cannot tell B or G yet.

Baby has been really active these 2 weeks though. Can feel its kicking quite often. I felt some movement earlier this week gave my tummy a few pats to let baby know I acknowledge it is awake now and it gave me a big hard kick back in return. I wonder if that was just a coincedence or it tell me it likes/dislikes this patting.

I am having second thoughts about the C-section. Most of you so brave to try natural w/o epi. I have low threshold for pain, don't know if I can take it or not.

I'm still wearing my normal clothes, but choosing the loose fitting ones. Tummy really starting to expand these 2 weeks, but wait gain is just 1 kg. Detailed scan is scheduled in 3 weeks time. Hope everything will turn out OK

BTW, we decided to forego the amnio, after taking a 2nd blood test (quad test) and the results was 1:3100 for DS.

Will try to log in more often when work is less busy. Hope all of you enjoy the long weekend.

Hi Angeline

Weclome back to the thread. Really happy to hear about your good news on the quad test. Most of us going for the detailed scanning soon. And mine was suppose to be 9 may but may change to 5may cuz not not enuff med liao. Can oni last to 5 may.

By the way, I have not heard of quad test can you explain more abt it?

helo! thanks to all your advice about the dom. i was also thinking if feed baby first then drink shld be okie hor. and elmo's idea of feeding baby express milk for that period of time is also a good idea! hehehe...okie will keep all this in mind.

watie, glad u have seen a doc and at least set ur mind at ease yah? oh wow, ur 1st baby u look only 7mths preggie but baby is a healthy 3kg!
happy.gif
guess it all depends on ur own body size then i think. sorry i forgot but is ur first child a boy or girl?

edksd, glad u got some nice clothes.
happy.gif

angeline, happy for you for ur good test results. dun need to worry now yar? maybe ur baby kick u back not coz he dun like ur patting, maybe he wants u to know that he can feel ur patting hehehe.

daisybuttons (daisybuttons),

my 1st child is an adorable yet mischevious little girl who juz turned 2 years old on 25th april.. hehe..
well, i guez it ol depends on d body size.. my cousin, who had juz given birth 3weeks ago.. during pregnancy, her tummy looked as if it was abt 2 explode~! so damn huge.. every1 wuz expectin her 2 have a chubby baby.. when in fact she given birth 2 a 2.2kg baby girl.. i mean, im happy 4 her delivering a healthy baby.. but after dat i guez she will hav alot of trouble getting back in shape.. poor thing~!

oh by d way, i hope my 2nd child is a baby boy.. so dat he wld always cling 2 my hubby.. my daughter doesnt like 2 be wif my hubby.. she oways cling on 2 mi.. its kinda frustrating.. but kids.. u juz love dem.. i did d chinese gender predictor on d net.. predicted dat my 2nd child wld b a boy.. i do hope its true.. coz i want a baby boy.. ;p

HiBjiou, The quad test is a little more detailed than the triple test. It tests the serums
AFP, beta hCG, Inhibin A &amp; estroil. I learnt about this quad test on the internet when I was trying to find out more about DS (down syndrome) testing. My gynea originally suggested the triple test, but I requested to do the quad since it was more detailed. The clinic in HK actually had to send the blood sample to the labs in London for analysis and results. Considering the results from the quad test is 1 : 3100 in comparison to the risk of miscarriage of 1:200 for amnio, we decided to skip the amnio.

Baby is very active with kicking. Just had a bit of fun this morning. I think it is sensitive to cold drinks. It kicked my when i took my cornflakes and again when I had my grapefruit juice. Hee Hee....

Hi Angeline
Thanks for your explanation. In Singapore, I have never heard of any ppl doing it before and maybe is only upon request.

Hi everyone,
hows ur long wkend?? i was sick on sun...got gastric,diahorrea n vomitting..basically i lie on the bed the whole day..vv jia lat..
luckily i'm feeling better now...

bjiou,
u moving ur detailed scan earlier?? then u can the gender soon..so excited for u...i cant wait for mine to come leh..

helo forgetmenot, oh dear, u feeling better oredi huh? how did u get stomach upset, ate the wrong thing? funny loh, this morning i also have diarrheoa. have not had that for quite some time, esp in the morning. last time when i have IBS i usually have diarrhaoea in the morning one.

as for long weekend, really enjoyed it! spent quite a lot of time at home hahahaa, finishing some episodes of da chang jing with hubby hehehee. then monday went suntec, taka, paragon to research some baby stuff.

watie, wow. her stomach looks like about to explode but baby 2.2kg? is the mother big size or medium? i just curious. did she put on a lot of weight during preggie or just at the tummy? really amazing hor.......

ask you mummies hor, anyone used the avent iq electric duo pump before? how do you compare it to medala PIS? seems each has its own advantages. the only thing that puts me off avent is that it cannot run on battery. however, it comes with a manual pump. but medala dun have the intelligence to follow my pumping rythm. so wanna ask the mummies here if following pumping rythm is important? which pump's feel is better?

and ask you hor, anyone eating cordycerps oredi? how often do you eat it? and how often do you eat birdnest with paosheng? i am asking coz i am eating cordycerps every week, wondering if its too much.

hi morning, i am down with flu and coughing. Been 3 days already but have not recover, maybe becos i nv see doctor. Dont wanna eat any med so just hope it will recover soon.
Can i check with you, do you all heard about drinking prune juice to improve consipation? I wanna try but dunno where to buy prune juice.
Can we actually take redoxon vitamin C + zinc (those that disolved in water one).

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Lovenest</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Preferred Birth method</TD><TD>Baby # </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amylim</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Bartley Rd</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Chng</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok </TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine Lau</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr. Denas Chandras </TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>St. George's</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Early Sept</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>E-ling</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boon Tiong Rd</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charis</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>;) (ilovebabies) </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural </TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>joon</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Blastier</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>lichristin</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>05-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>elaine</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ubi</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>DaBee</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Marine Parade</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>elmo88</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kelyen</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emma</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Pony</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Kim Tian</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>chngs wife</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>mae</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>daisybuttons</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>77(peachie)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Resha (rani) </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen </TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD><TD>Telok Blangah </TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainnie</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>forgetmenot</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Tracey Lim </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pjen</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smileys</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>80% girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pig2</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Melissa (veryhappy) </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Brenda Low </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>edksd</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Merah View</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>bjiou (bjiou)</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chew </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Teoh </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Pasir Ris </TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Domesticgoddess</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>End Sep</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>C-section with Epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

E-ling
Ya..I drink it daily to prevent constipation. Is very good and effective.

forgetmenot
I not able to bring my detailed scan earlier..gynae is out of town. Have to push back till 10 May. Such a long wait.

Daisybuttons
Mine looked like having twins for my previous pregnancy. But baby only 3KG. So I tink it actually depends on how the mother carry the baby. I increased 20kg for my 1st pg.

daisybuttons,
i'm ok liao..thanks..doc say is indigestion which preggy woman get it quite often..
anyway..so sian..i still not recover fr my blocked nose n cough...

btw can eat cordycerps meh?last time i eat birdnest every wk fr 4th mths onwards...without pao sheng...i still hve not realli start eating it..lazi to cook..

so did u get any bb stuffs?

Back