(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

daisybuttons,
im due on 21 sept...
actually i personally dun think is worth spending so much money on the cot...
when my 1st bb was born,he sleeps with us on the bed...cos it is easier to bf him n tend to him whenever he cry..so tt i no need to get up the bed so many times..n he likes to sleep with us...

i'm now trying to train him to sleep in his own cot cos he toss n turn alot,so by sleeping in his cot,i feel more safer...but like wat sasha said,soon,i will hve to transfer him to a normal bed..though the cot can convert to toddler bed,i find tt it will be abit small for him when he grows...

the purpose of putting mattress on the floor to sleep,is tt,bb will not fall down fr bed n hurt themselves...

emoments,
actually hor,epidural is not 100% pain-free leh...then anaesthetist told mi,it can oni "block" out 70% of the pain...

Hi everyone,

Long time din pop in.

E-Ling, can update for me. Thanks.
I'm expecting a baby gal.This is my 2nd baby.
Preferred Birth: natural brith w/o epidural.

My 1st one is assisted delivery w/o epidural.Hope this one, I can do w/o epidural.
I guess my 1st labour was vy short. Reached hosp around 11pm, my baby was out at 1248am.
Come to think, i also dunno how i managed to go through.My hubby told me when my gynae did the stitching for me, the laughing gas tube was out and I still hold on to it w/o knowing.Haha.

Daisybuttons,
I agreed with forgetmenot,i think $700 for a cot is steep leh.
At first,my baby slept in a cot but somehow i found it vy inconvenient.My back suffered alot bcos i always need to bend to carry her.In the end, i let her sleep with us.
Now, she is used to sleep on the mattress.But either my hubby or me have to accompany her till she fallen asleep.

Good morning all,
I appreciate all our 2nd/3rd time MTBs sharing their views about epidural. I think for most of us, we'll try to do without it but if the pain becomes unbearable, use it why not.

elmo88,
you're so lucky to have an easy 1st time delivery! what have you been eating? What's your activity like? Do you walk a lot in your 3rd trimester? that's what i intend to do. walk a lot on my treadmill in my last trimester.

sasha,
I have two maternity pants i bought from Tom and Stefanie that has a V-shape and hangs below your belly. it's very comfy. you can try that out.

Hi Melissa,

My diet as normal but i rem i ate alot of wholemeal bread. Dunno why, that time crave for it.
For 1st preg, i'm more particular with my diet, I never touch any tibits and soft drink.But now bo chap..eat whatever i like.After eating,tend to be vy guilty.

I did alot of housework during my 2nd and 3rd trimester.My hubby did help me but he too slow and i cant stand the way he did.

Yes, i walked alot. My colleagues said how come a preg lady can walked so fast, even faster than them.

Melissa,
How come u intend to walk on the treadmil?You must be vy careful when u do so.

elmo88,
My treadmill is a white elephant, might as well use. I'm a brisk walker like you too. It didn't make a difference if I'm pregnant or not I still walk fast to work. Habit cultivated from 30 mins walk to school and 3 years work from town haha. So it's true, plenty of activities will make your body active hence easier delivery. Now I'm inspired to do all the housework too haha. I agree, waiting for hubby to do it gets on my nerves!

helo ladies, thanks to all who help commented on the cot ah, appreciate it.
happy.gif
actually hor, i also think $700 is very exp, thats why i am hesitating. its like a nice piece of furniture that looks so sturdy, and somehow all of us want the best for our child right? but i do see the practical side of it and wonder will we find ourselves drained coz there's so many other things to buy for baby.

sasha, so ur transferred ur baby to bed at 18mths....hhmmm..thanks for the info, i also wonder when do we start doing that.

actually hor, to those who say next time must buy single bed, actually thats where my dilemna comes in loh. u see, this cot CAN be converted to a normal size single bed. its coz the length of the cot (if i am not wrong) will become the width of the single bed, and with the additional wooden frames, it can be converted to a single bed and u wun see the difference! the reason why my hubby so gian is coz, next time, u will spent about at least $200-$300 buying a single bed frame anyway? so now u spend the money next time dun need to spend?

oh really? putting baby in cot will make back ache ah? i tot the height is just right? any mummies also feel this way?

i also forgot the fact that matrress a bit cold hor? my parents say that they may put baby on their bed, until one day he can turn and crawl, then will put a lot of pillows around it. what u think?

elmo, wow!!!!! thats only 2 hours labour!!! wah, really envy u leh. did u drink the rosehip tea or rose what tea? i forgot what tea liaoz, i rem that it helps in the cervix softening and dilation.

sasha, a lot of maternity shops sells below belly pants. u can try maternity house in PS, or modern maternity in amara, or mums r us in united sq.
happy.gif

Daisybuttons,

Regarding the cot,its just our views.If your hubby and u think its worth to invest, dont think too much, just go ahead and buy ;)

Oh, bcos i changed my baby in the cot. Dunno why, i got backache during my confinement. After coming back to work, no prob leh.

I did not drink any rosehip tea. I'm surprised that my labour was so short.My gynae did not expect too.
Before that day, i got brown discharge so i went to see my gynae and he said my cervix dilated 2 cm.I was put on CTG, but there is no contractions leh.
As usual, the next day i still went back to work but i took pm leave to run errands.I noticed i cant walk that fast anymore and have to use my hand to support my tummy.

At night,ard 10pm, i went to toilet and there is a gush of water coming out.Oh no, my water bag has burst. My contractions coming in...less than 1 min interval.My hubby was on duty and luckily I m in my in-laws' hse whenever he is not around.
Faster called my gynae and he advised me to admit hosp after 12am so that it will be counted as next day admission. (i think he also din expect my bb to come out that fast too).
Luckily,my hubby came back earlier and sent me to hosp or else i will be giving birth in the car or at home.

hi elmo88

so envy .. so fast !!
but I guess it varies from person to person. I heard some really exercise but their labour still takes hours !!

just pray that we are the lucky ones !

Hi Daisybutton

I got backhead too if I change my baby in the cot. Some how you need to bend a little bit while you change baby. So I dun really like to change the baby in the cot..I prefer to put her/him on the bed for changing diaper or clths.

And for my case, once my kids started to crawl I prefer to put them on mattress thou. So that they have more room to turn and wiggle abt. If they are in the baby cot, they will ended up knocking onto the side of the cot then will hve "baruku" on the head leh. See aready very heartpain. However, if u want them to put them on the mattress, it also depends what flooring you have lor..mine is laminated flooring..so is not so cooling.

elmo

My 1st pg was contractions starts at 2am and ended up in the hospital 7am. 11am then i delivered my boy natural with epidual. Then for my girl is silence contraction at 9am ..reached hospital 10am then delivered at 2.30pm natural with epidual. Both my waterbag were burst by my gynae when I reached hospital.

Elmo

Think this time round you better dun wait since your contractions and delivery time is so fast. Cos for 2nd pg it will be even faster. I was shocked too when I delivered by 2nd baby cuz when I reached hospital, I'm already 4cm dilated.

elmo88,
my first-born, labour was also quite fast. i think its due to the walking we do cuz i walked a lot when i was preg as well and they say walking helps wt delivery...dunno how true though.

daisybuttons,
i think i hv seen this cot you're mentioning abt. but personally somehow i still think its smaller than a normal bed...but might be my visual.

as for cots/playpens, i nv really had backaches using them. thanks for the advise on the where to find the pants/jeans...think am quite picky & fussy also. and the few shops where i managed to find them, they're either too expensive or length is too short or dont like the cutting etc...
happy.gif

ilovebabies,

When i looked at the bill,MtA only charged me on next day although i arrived the delivery room ard 11pm.Maybe only 1 hr difference, they closed 1 eye.

Bjiou,
Hopefully,my 2nd one will be as fast and smooth as the 1st one. *pray hard*
Btw, how old are your kids?

melissa, oh i think assisted delivery is decided by the doctor. usually used in emergencys. i guess if doc feels u need it, u dun have the choice to say u dun want i guess....

elmo, wow....u reach hospital just in time from the sounds of it yar. yah like what bjiou said said, ur this 2nd one better monitor and go hospital earlier. coz heard 2nd one even faster. i heard of one lady also very lucky, 1st, 2nd baby very fast, though not as fast as urs. then the midwive told her for the 3rd one she just need to sneeze and baby will be born hehehe, so cute.
happy.gif

bjiou, elmo, oh i see its coz you change baby in the cot thats why got backache. i see...okie noted. then a changing table would be necessary i guess? we initially intend to buy a changing table, those specially meant for changing. but in baby's room now oredi have an ikea table that i use for scrapbooking, so we thought of using that for changing, just put some cushioning on it. will go back and try out the height yar...yah hor i also heard walk more labour will be faster. but one of my friend walk normally, swims every day during lunch, but her labour (she wanted vbac) still longer than the "safe 6 hrs" according to her doc, so she gotta go c-sec again.

bjiou yah hor why i so blur huh? hehehehe, depends on floor hor. yah my parents plc bedroom floors are laminated too, and mine bedroom floors is paraquet, so shldn't be cold....

okie okie...now i have a better idea....will assess this with my hubby again..

hey sept mummies, just a note. just realised 25 july onwards is the lunar 7th mth liaoz. MIL advised me not to buy any baby stuff in 7th mth. since most of us are delivering in the "lun" 7th mth, that means we have to get our baby stuff all ready before 25 july. so its shopping time in june and july!
happy.gif

sasha, oh u can also try swell at paragon. tried on their capri jeans there, below belly cut before, quite comfy actually. but that time i dun fancy below belly ones so i din buy.

oh sasha, u saw the cot i mentioned? actually from visual it does look smaller, but i think its the correct size coz i measure single size bed width before, its around 90cm to 1m. and the cot length is around that measurement too.

bjiou, your water bag burst by ur gynae? Is it painful huh?

daisybutton, i also saw the cot you mentioned. I even get the catalog but dunno the price cos i know will be very exp. For me we not intend to get any cot or penpal, we will just let ou bb sleep on our platform bed, at least is not so high, dun have to worry that she will fall also. And also get a portable "yao lan" for her.

Yah will the laughing gas also have side effect? If we nv use epidural, is it mean that after the delivery when the gynae wanted to stitch the virginal tear, there wont be anything that will help to reduce the pain?

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Lovenest</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Preferred Birth method</TD><TD>Baby # </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amylim</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Bartley Rd</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine Lau</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr. Denas Chandras </TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>St. George's</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Chng</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok </TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Early Sept</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>E-ling</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boon Tiong Rd</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charis</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>;) (ilovebabies) </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural </TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>joon</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Blastier</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>lichristin</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>05-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>elaine</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ubi</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>DaBee</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Marine Parade</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>elmo88</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kelyen</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emma</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Pony</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Kim Tian</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>chngs wife</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>mae</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>daisybuttons</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>77(peachie)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Resha (rani) </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen </TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD><TD>Telok Blangah </TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainnie</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>forgetmenot</TD><TD></TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pjen</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smileys</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>80% girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pig2</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Melissa (veryhappy) </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Brenda Low </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>edksd</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Merah View</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>bjiou (bjiou)</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chew </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Teoh </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Pasir Ris </TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Domesticgoddess</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>End Sep</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>C-section with Epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Welcome forgetmenot. Pls Provide me your other detail. Thanks!

daisybuttons,
thanks. will check out swell then, think they are still having sale right??
yeah, thats abt the size of a normal bed but true, visual does look smaller...like elmo mentioned, if you and hubby think worth investing then get it
happy.gif

Elmo,
Agree wt Bijou, this pregnancy better hurry to hospital. My first one, was already 5cm dilated when I got to hospital. Wt my twins, were fully dilated when I got there. SO taking no chances wt this one else might deliver on the way to hospital
happy.gif

E-Ling,
Both my prev ones, waterbg was burst by gynae. Dont remember it to be painful, juz a funny sensation. Its like you are pissing but cant control the flow of it
happy.gif

E-Ling,
Thanks for the update!

For me,i dont have any side effect.I just feel high when using the laughing gas and its enough for me to go through the whole process. I din even know when the gynae did the stitching for me. My hubby only tell me when i have been pushed out of the labour room that the tube has came out when the stitching took place.Then i started to feel the pain.*ouch*

Daisybuttons,
Thanks for the info.
I din know we cannot buy baby stuff in 7th mth.

elmo88
Boy is 2.5 and gal is 1.5. They are 1 yr apart.

E-Ling
I oni can feel the pain when the midwife try to check on my dilation. So after tat all the nurses decided to wait till I had my epidural before they cont with the rest, becuz I cant even hold on to the tat kind of pain. :0

bjiou,
Wow, their age gap are close! Your 3rd one also quite close to the 2nd one.Is it planned?
I agreed with you,i'm in pain when the midwife checked my dilation.Although i'm almost fully dilated but dunno how she checked one.I will never forget the pain. I found it was the most painful part.

elmo88

yes..me and hubby purposely plan to have all our kids gap to be closed. Although is quite tough in the bringing up now but we can still manage it since we are still young. We hope to have them tour wif us together in the next 5 yrs.

i intend to hv kids w close age gap too. but just afraid gynae will recommend to rest a longer period of time before we start conceiving again.

i've a friend who got pregnant again 2 mths after she delivered her first kid. tt was really fast.

but the rest of my friends usually gave birth to their 2nd kid when the first is abt 1.5-2yr old.

E-Ling,
I think they insert their fingers in the vagina to see how dilated the cervix is. Like Bijou &amp; Elmo, that was quite painful no matter how gentle they are. But on the bright side doesnt last longer than 1 min!

morning!

e-ling, my friend also told me she can give me her yao lan, but when i asked my parents, they give me one advice leh. they say if baby used to yaolan, they will be only able to sleep when they are in yaolan. so if u go out with baby to ppl's house or outside, very hard for them to fall asleep. just let you know lah, so u can decide if u wanna buy.
happy.gif
i know some ppl still use it coz it works like a charm hehee.

sasha, not sure if swell is still having sale, i went there quite some weeks back oredi. u wanna call them to ask? yesterday evening i just bought one nice pink pants from cloud9, quite happy with it.
happy.gif
its below belly, my first below belly pants hehehee.

elmo and bjiou, wow sounds scary leh. i also heard my friend say checking dilation quite painful. but can't imagine how it is like lah....

actually, i also hope to have kids of a closer age gap. but i think when my baby is born, i will wanna spend so much time with him that i may put off having the 2nd one....coz i will have to most likely stop breastfeeding once i am preggie again right? dunno leh.....hehehe see how first. probably aiming for at least a yr afetr birth before i get preggie with 2nd one?

oh i didnt know hv to stop breastfeeding once get pregnant again. come to think of it, this friend of mine is not breastfeeding. maybe tts why she can hv another one so soon.

hi edksd

I think gyane will not stop you from getting pg again so soon if you are healthy and with no complications in your whole pregnancy. However, if you are young then they may say u can wait for another 2 to 3 yrs. So I think it is really on personal preference whether how close we want our children gap to be.

Morning Daisybuttons

Checking dilation is indeed very painful becuz I remember I need the laughing gas and I oso squeenze the ppl beside me during tat process. Like wat sasha said..it takes oni 1 min to check but its so unbearable. So by charging from this, I decided to take up epidural instead becuz i scare I may faint half way thrug the pushing process.

As for the close gap btw siblings. I personnally find that I will somehow neglected my 1st born when I was preggie with my 2nd child. Becuz everything will be handle by my husband instead during tat 9 mths of pregnancy. I feel so sad and bad but after my 2nd child was born ..I make up the time with him and now I feel is worth it lor. Now seeing the two of them playing together, you will find that all effort is worth it becuz they are playing the same game and reading the same book. Hehee

good morning all,
Sometimes I think hor, if we just act dumb and not so well-informed, we won't be so squeamish about pain. And sometimes pain is over-rated ley. Like last time they say pap smear is a little painful but to me no feeling ley. Just felt like a little pinch down there and nothing more. So I'm going to just graze through all the pain stories and pretend it's not going to happen to me.. hahahaha...

hi edksd
Your friend plan for it or is by accident. Its quite scary to be pg again before even u return to work. hahaa.

Hey is there anyone taking up the detailed scanning soon? Mine is on 9 May leh...but feel like going to see dr this week leh.. Worried abt baby leh.
sad.gif

hey ladies

Can you all feel baby movement during day time. I cant leh...even when sleeping time, baby only moves alittle (I hope i didnt imagine its movement). Is it normal?

bijou,
mine wont be till 8th May-another 2wks!! i dont feel movement during daytime, mostly at night after 10pm and only light flutters....i guess shd be normal, if not we'd both hv smthg to be worried abt...

Hi E-Ling,
thanks for the welcome n updating...
my rest of the info as follows:
Gynae:Dr Tracey Lim
Hospital:TMC
Lovenest:Bt Batok

elmo,
wow..ur labour very short leh..then ur 2nd one will be even faster right?

bjiou,
ask u hor..ur 1st child n ur 2nd one age gap is one yr,do they always fight with each other or they are very close to each other?
i'm worried leh..cos the age gap bet my bbs will be one too...

Melissa,
assisted is bobian one...my 1st bb is assisted..cos tt time in my tummy,he already in distress cos he poo poo...n i still cant push him out,so my gynae use vaccum to help mi...

sasha,
perfectmum got such pants/jeans tt u are looking leh..heard tt it is very comfy...though i did not buy any of those...

e-ling and daisybuttons,
my mil is fan of yao lan..she keeps saying tt bb cant sleep without yao lan..initially i objected,but since my mil is lookg aft my boy..so i bo bian,i give in too lah..

in a way,is gd,cos when sometimes he can sleep longer in it...
but i make sure tt at night,strictly no yao lan for him..luckily,he is ok with both yao lan n sleeping on the bed...

Re:checking for dilation,
i find tt during the checkup in the last tri when my gynae checked for dilation,i dun feel very pain leh..
but when tt day when i'm admitted to hospital to deliver,the checking for dilation is very painful..i oso dunno y leh..

hi bijou

i tot the detailed scanning is preferably done on the 20th week ? 9 May is in which week of ur gestation ? my detailed scanning was last tues .. and yest went to see my gynae as he need to explain in detail of the results .... but he say he will skip my scanning yest cos the bb doesnt change much during 1 week .. I am ok though i wanted to see bb v badly .... but becos I am feeling her kick and hands movements regularly, so I tot i can skip it.

Bijou really envy u .. with ur two kids around .. I also intend to have my kids of closer gap .. dun want to rest too long after 1st one, else the engine cannot be started again .. and also becos of my age .. hope I can give birth to ideally 3 by 35 !!

forgetmenot,
thanks. where is perfect mum? prev pregnancies, was living overseas so a bit clueless abt maternity shops here. TIA! i def find them more comfy than those that cover tummies type
happy.gif

ilovebabies,
yeah smthg like that lah...

oh before I forgot ... I confirmed with gynae yest that we shld not take IRON tablets with MILK only ... he say with eggs is ok ... so if we are taking milk every morning, we can consume the iron tablets 1 to 2 hrs later ... FYI

Hi forgetmenot
They will defintely fight over toys but there times that they are very loving too. So its quite normal for them to behave like tat.

ilovebabies
9 May will be my 20th week lor. So now i try to "si tong" untill that day. Hu......

sasha and bjiou,
mi..i'm gng for my detailed scanning on 8 may...cant wait for it to come...i wan to noe the gender of my bb..

actually my bb oso not moving much..but i not too worried..cos i oni start to feel the movements of my 1st bb when i'm 20wks plus...n thi one is slightly earlier..sometimes i can feel the bb move,but not all the times..

sasha,
i oni noe tt there is one at raffles place..think is at the aracade..i cant remember liao leh...

btw,who is looking aft ur children?

forgetmenot, i heard alot that bb sleeping in yao lan, the head structure will be rounder and nice. I am having a bb girl so i wanna her head shape to be nice nice also. Anyway i am not going to let her sleep in yao lan everytime, will train her to sleep in bed also.

ilovebabaies, i also feeling my bb girl movement regularly so not really eager to see her, still can wait for 1 month as long as she moved.

I also wanna my child gap to be close. Maybe wait for 1 or 2 years then have another one.

For those mummies who goes through the detailed scan, do you know whether those check and scan will able to detect whether bb suffer from abnormability like deafness or blindness? Forgot to ask my gynae that time.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Lovenest</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Preferred Birth method</TD><TD>Baby # </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amylim</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Bartley Rd</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine Lau</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr. Denas Chandras </TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>St. George's</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Chng</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok </TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Early Sept</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>E-ling</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boon Tiong Rd</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charis</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>;) (ilovebabies) </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural </TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>joon</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Blastier</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>lichristin</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>05-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>elaine</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ubi</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>DaBee</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Marine Parade</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>elmo88</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kelyen</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emma</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Pony</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Kim Tian</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>chngs wife</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>mae</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>daisybuttons</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>77(peachie)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Resha (rani) </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen </TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD><TD>Telok Blangah </TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainnie</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>forgetmenot</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Tracey Lim </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pjen</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smileys</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>80% girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pig2</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Melissa (veryhappy) </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Brenda Low </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>edksd</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Merah View</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>bjiou (bjiou)</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chew </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Teoh </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Pasir Ris </TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Domesticgoddess</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>End Sep</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>C-section with Epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

sasha and forgetmenot

So all of us are in our 18 weeks. After hearing both of you, I feel a little bit better. Tot Im the odd 1.

Back