(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

Hi E-ling,

Mine is baby #1 too...thks for the update..
happy.gif

hi emoments u already know u're having a boy? tts fast. is it becos it's v prominent? hehe... although ive no preference but i guess mine is a gal. ive pimples on my nose. pre-pregnancy no pimples at all.

are u all using stretchmark cream already? ive not. quite lazy. heard they say must start using once u know u're pregnant and not only when the stomach start stretching. and lazy to think which brand to buy.

i read from here tt u all v enthu in buying maternity clothes. but me no mood at all. i think i shall wait till the detailed scan is over first.

anyone of u hv got post natal malay massage lady to recommend? my mother v gan cheong. ask me to start looking for one already. aiyo....

she oso helped me looked out for those special pots for brewing/cooking confinement food. so i think i shall go w her to buy one of these wkends when im in the mood.

she oso asked me to start looking for bb stuff. my mother really more gan cheong than me.

hi edksd... tks !!

yes husband can go into the room as well ..

they din chk the neck's thickness..

they chk the head size, heart esp the blood flow direction, kidneys, bladder, hands, legs, spine, lips, nose ..... quite comprehensive

the heart chk took the longest time cos i guess the blood flow thingy is quite chim .. they have two colors on the screen when they chk the heart to indicate blood flow against you or towards you ... think this will tell them if there is any abnormalities ....

I din buy stretchmark cream.. i only use normal moisturizer.. since from the 3rd month ... i just applied below my abdomen and the back area .... so far have not seen and red marks yet .. (touch wood !) ehehe

btw I bought 4 maternity/nursing bras from OIO yest ... it is indeed v comfy .. and it is not easy to get those clean surface (no laces or lines) on the bra cups with huge cups outside ... and I feel more secure with these bras as it comes with v soft wires also for support ....

heard zoe tay bought the bras from them too ..

hi edksd

I have a few malay ladies whom fren used before:

Anisah - 97259363
Noh - 97853413

sorry cant rem their prices.. you can call and ask .. but need to book before deliver .. think some of them are quite busy ...

actually it is better to start buying bb stuff now to avoid the last minute shopping ... and you will be v clumsy and tired during ur last sem right ?

hi ilovebabies,

where's OIO?

so far my breasts hv not increased tt much to need to change the bra size leh. i duno is it normal or not. im orginally c cup, so i tot it's already big so no need to increase :p

so after they scanned then they send the pics to ur gynae and ur gynae then explain to you?

hi ilovebabies,

thks for the contact will call them. are u oso going for postnatal massage?

but not in the mood how to buy leh. oso duno the sex of the bb yet. so i think better to start shopping only after the detailed scan.

im not a shopaholic so i dun really like shopping :p

OIO is at Raffles Hospital, KKH and Tampines Mall.

my breast has incr by 2 cup sizes, OMG !! the saleslady say it is normal for 1st time mothers to incr by 2 cups size !! i never bought such big bras before hahaha ....

yes they captured a lot of pics of the bb and they will send the entire report to my gynae, that why I arrange to see my gynae next tue so he can tell me more in details.

btw the technician also show me the bb's profile .. see resembles who more ... ahah but of cos v difficult to judge lah cos the pics is 2D and black/white...

which OIO branch has more variety?

OMG! 2 cup sizes?!?! i cant imagine too. OMG!!

on i tot it'll be all on the same day meaning the scan and the explaination by gynae. is it becos ur gynae is in MAH? btw, why do u nd to come to tmc for the scan?

err as in which branch is bigger I really dunoo .. but the one at KKH is not v big ... but I am only interested in the bras so it is ok for me ...

ahah ya 2 CUP sizes. .. so pai say
happy.gif

it depends whether ur detailed scan is done by ur gynae .. for mine, gynae advise me to go TMC though I will deliver in MAH.

guess the TMC machine is more powerful .. anyway good also lah ... at least I know gynae will not try to cheat right ?

u know wat, my col's wife's gynae ask them to do the detailed scan at his clinic .. and guessed wat, after the scan .. which my col say it is not v comprehensize, the gynae ask them to sign up at MAH, again !!! my col felt cheated paying the gynae for the detailed scan, which they cld have done it at the hospital once only.

one of my friends who's oso pregnant said she doesnt like the increase in her bra size. she was A. but i duno how much she has increased. it actually makes her unhappy. hmmm... i duno why. maybe not used to it.

then why i didnt increase much huh? oh no... something wrong with me.

my gynae's clinic is in tmc. im not sure she's doing the scan herself or at level 4 at tmc.

so ur col's wife is continuing to see this gynae? is it becos ur col say it's not comprehensive, tts why the gynae suggest they go scan again at MAH?

i heard from my friend tt when she goes for gynae appointment at kkh, not every appt they'll do the scan for her. i was quite surprised coz for me, every appt w gynae, she'll definitely do a scan for me to check on the progress and status. so i tot it's a norm.

noticed tt quite a no. of u giving birth on 19 sep. hehe...

and from 25sep to 30sep, everyday got at least a person giving birth. hehe...

quite a fun statistic.

ahha edksd , prob ur chest is well developed oredi ...

eh bigger cups means heavier weight to carry around leh ... backache ...

if my col's gynae machine it not that good, then in the first place, shld not even bother to ask them come for detailed scan at his clinic ..
my col cant change the gynae now cos they have taken the package from him.. so he say he is not going to engage him for his 2nd child.

hmm why kkh so funny one ? tot shld scan every mth cos bb's monthly is very impt right ?

edksd.. ahah then come sept,.. u see less and less gals online chatting liao ....

we shld create a SEPT 2006 MOTHERS FORUM after our delivery then we can cont sharing our exp with our newborn !

I agree with ilovebabies. I used to be in the forum of Wedding ( along with the brides to be).. and after our wedding, we lost touch as less people gone online chatting.. I still miss them. Yes, we should continue sharing our experience together.

chatting will probably resume actively only after 3mths maternity. 1st 3 mths maybe busy coping and learning.

yeah, tts why i'd like to find out from the rest who goes to kkh is it the same case or my friend kena con already. but cant be her gynae is senior - john tee.

hehe ok ... so shall we create now ? will the moderator remove this forum if there is no activity ?

or we can do it in Sept lah ... but u gals may have to do it .. as my EDD is early sept .. who knows it cld be in end Aug ...

hi edksd

according to our list here, no one goes to KKH leh .. but did u fren ask for the scan then ? or she just keep quiet ?
if there is no scan, then wat does the gynae do during every visit ?

my friend oso tot it's a norm to not scan during every visit. this's oso her first time. only when we discussed then we realised the difference.

her appointment is v fast one. gynae just ask her how's she getting on, any problem, etc. then tt's it.

she oso tot it's a norm not to scan during every visit. it's oso her first time. we only realised the difference when we discussed abt it.

her appt v fast one. gynae just ask her how's she getting on, any problem, etc. tt's it. even when there's scan, it's done by a scan technician not her gynae. i duno why like tt.

huh ! then her visiting fees shld be quite cheap ? prob it is an option of the mother whether to scan ? she may need to chk with the gynae ... the least the gynae shld do is to chk the bb heartbeat right ?

helo wah so many postings, dunno how to reply leh. *scratch head* heheeee...

edksd, no lah, nothing's wrong with u just coz u din increase in bra size. aiyoh, u oredi cup c to begin with leh! i read that before preggie, our breasts has a lot of fatty type of tissue. then after preggie, our breasts makeup changes and becomes more of the milk-producing type of tissue. perhaps for yours, coz ur cup oredi big, the fatty part of tissue converted to the milk producing type. so not much change in size. for us who's smaller, the change is more significant? but mine not as much as ilovebabies i think, not sure by how much though.

e-ling, thanks! this is my first baby.
happy.gif

oh as to the discussion on whether to start a sept 06 mummy thread, why do we need to do that huh? can we just come back here to chit chat? i also notice, some of the 04 mummies, created a thread titled "year end mummies" or something, so that includes the oct, nov, dec mums. quite fun right? bigger community?
happy.gif

edksd, not every hostpital will scan for you every visit. think government hospitals like sgh, kkh don't. its normal practice for them.

littlepony, u were also from singaporebrides right? hehehee...which thread were u from? i was very active there last time. did you use the same nick? somehow now, neber go back there liaoz. my friend asked me issit coz now "upgraded" hehehee...

E-Ling,
haha, sorry, i'm one of the guilty ones who didn't update u! cos i'm not sure abt my threshold for pain... ideally will go for natural w/o epidural. BB #1 too. Thanks!

edksd,
the test they do on bb's neck to test for Down Syndrome is called NT scan. Not to measure the neck but the amt of fluid under the skin at the back of the neck. Cannot be done if bb is more than 14wks cos won't be accurate anymore. Here's more info: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/refcap/544491.html#0

My gynae scans for me every visit so far. And she always give me the ultrasound pic of my baby after that except the very last time when I went for my checkup.

I asked my sister and she said usually the gynae would not give the ultrasound pic to me for every visit. However when I check with my fren whose gynae is from some where else, she has ultrasound pic for every visit.

Do you get the ultrasound pics every time you see your gynae?

if she is not comfortable with the gynae, i suggest she change to another one. I think we should be at ease, comfortable with our chosen gynae and we should be also be able to feel free to ask questions as well.
I have my scan every visit and I visit my gyane every 3-4 weeks..

edksd, prob ur friend is not seeing the gynaes in the private suite in kkh. is she a subsidized patient? coz subsidized patients, their scanning is done by medical officers and not their gynaes. sometimes their gynae also always changes. private suite ones will be similar to the private hospitals. price also about the same. think maybe for those gynae will scan every visit?

think every hospital has diff policies and practices. if you compare, you may worry your friend leh.
happy.gif
just tell her, if she wants to scan, can ask the doc whether she can do it, at most pay extra? but i know many ppl breeze through entire pregnancy without much scanning, like our mothers like time.

Hi daisybuttons,
Yes, i used the same nick when i was in singaporebrides but i wasn't that active there as compared to ido weddings. But i used a different nick at ido. Haa. i occassionally still visit the two websites but just read for fun. Haaa! Yes, we upgraded already.. sooner or later, we will again be upgraded to MOTHERS.

hi smileys

I get the pic from my gynae during every visit as well.

hi daisybuttons

yes though our mums survived the pregnancy w/o such sophiscated tech machines... but i think I can say the same for mothers at this era... so many chemical processed food that we take every, and our environment is so polluted .... guess our health our deterioating ...

helo littlepony, oh you frequent ido ah? i neber go there b4, but use ido forum for baby (can't type the full name here dunno why) sometimes though.
happy.gif
for SG brides, i still keep in touch with 1 or 2 from my regular bridal thread through email, but never join in the discussions oredi. now many new girls in the thread, many of whom i don't know hehehee..... just curious, when was your wedding? its okie if you dun wanna say.....
happy.gif

joon, yah my FIL very smart at cooking, he can do alot of delicious food and she know how to cook confinement dishes also. All thos tonics is all brew by my FIL, very yummy too.

edksd, for me my gynea is at tmc but the detail scan is still done in level 4.

ilovebabies, i agreed with you that after giving birth we should have another forum to chat abt our babies so at least we can share share ideas again.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Lovenest</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Preferred Birth method</TD><TD>Baby # </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amylim</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Bartley Rd</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine Lau</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr. Denas Chandras </TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>St. George's</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Chng</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok </TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Early Sept</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>E-ling</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boon Tiong Rd</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charis</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>;) (ilovebabies) </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural </TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>joon</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Blastier</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>lichristin</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>05-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>elaine</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ubi</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>DaBee</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Marine Parade</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>elmo88</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>kelyen</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emma</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Pony</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Kim Tian</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>chngs wife</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>mae</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>daisybuttons</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>77(peachie)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Resha (rani) </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen </TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD><TD>Telok Blangah </TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainnie</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>pjen</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pig2</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Melissa (veryhappy) </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Brenda Low </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>edksd</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Merah View</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>bjiou (bjiou)</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chew </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Domesticgoddess</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>End Sep</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>C-section with Epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

helo ilovebabies, i totally agree with the toxins thing man. i think nowdays humans are so exposed to dioxins and toxins and what-nots, our health is different now. at one period of time, i was very fascinated and super on with detoxification.
happy.gif
and of course SPAS and organic food. hahaaa...

no lah, when i brought up the fact that our mums era dun have regular scanning, i am just trying to drive the point across that not all hospitals practice scanning at every visit. i think for most of us here, we have the luxury of that, and we expect everyone to be experiencing same thing. but some may not enjoy scanning at every visit. so instead of worrying them un-duely that they are missing out on something, so i just say our mothers last time also dun do scanning loh. the most the person can do is request her gynae to scan and pay extra if required. coz i agree that at the very least the gynae shld scan for the heartbeat. thats so re-assuring for us isn't it?
happy.gif

smiley, my gynae gives me a copy of the scan every visit. but i think not all do loh, depends on hospital. seriously lah, i think our gynaes' the same one lah.
happy.gif

Hello edksd,

Happen to read through this thread and will like to clarify some info about KKH.
I am seeing Dr Han from KKH but i always see him at KKH clinc at Ang Mo Kio.
I will also get a pic of my bb after every scanning. Maybe u can ask your friend to see John Tee at Ang Mo Kio KKH instead? This way she can get to see her bb during scanning. But i do know that some of the clincs in KKH do not have the scanning machine in the rooms. (I went to the KKH clinic B or D before)
I know that John Tee sees his patient quite fast as he is a very experience doc. My aunt was his patient two yrs ago and says he's good!

Btw, John Tee is at Ang Mo Kio clinic on Mondays and Thursdays.

Daisybuttons,
Yap, i frequent ido and was in the Nov 05 thread and my wedding was held in November last year.
Now, i am also in ido forum for baby but over there, i not very active. Haaa. yap, so many new girls on the thread.. i see already blur. :p
Wat about you?

hi eling

my bb is my 1st.. tks ...

hi daisybuttons ...

agree with u too .. only tais-tais in our mum's era can afford private gynaes ... my mum also mentioned that her chkup is so fast ... just talk and that's it !
even during delivery at KKH, she even have to queue ! hahah funny right ?

aiyah last time, policemen were in shorts right ?

helo littlepony, hehehe I am a March 04 bride, some time before you.
happy.gif
but i am more active in my SG brides Bridal btq thread towards my wedding. i also not very active in ido forum for baby, sometimes find the postings there quite scary to read so dun go there liaoz. :p

smileys, i also get back all ultrascan from gynea every visits

littlepony and daisybutton, me also very active in singaporebride forum last time, but only active in bridal zone forum.

Hi Daisybuttons..haaa.. i find here more comfortable as well... dunno why. Anyway,
it's nice to have such forums to discuss. Isn't it?

edksd,
no worries man.. i think my boobs are dead.. ever since I'm pregnant, it doesn't grow at all.. it doesn't hurt.. it doesn't itch.. nothing!!! think i'll be the unfortunate few who's pregnant but has small boobs. but it's ok lah since i am a b cup. then again hey, i don't have to apply stretch mark cream there since it didn't even stretch!

E-Ling,
I am a first time MTB so pls update your table
happy.gif

ilovebabies,
alamak, no need to be so kancheong lah. september is not even here yet! haha..

Smiley,
my gynae gives me every pics for my ultrasound to keep. if she didn't give me, I will pester her until she give in.
happy.gif
it's true that kkh don't always let you keep the scan pics. i never get to keep any during my kkh scans. and usually they won't even let hubby in. that sucks. so i rather pay more and see a private gynae. we're lucky to be in an era where everything is affordable. last time, my mom didn't even go for monthly visit. she only went to the hospital to give birth!

hehehe melissa u so funny.
happy.gif
yah u oredi b cup so its okie liaoz hehehee.

yah loh i heard last time some ppl just go hospital give birth without having a single checkuP! goodness....

e-ling, thanks dear for updating.
happy.gif
oh you in bridal zone thread ah.....hhmmm then u may know my friend, she also from there.
happy.gif

ilovebabies, buttock aching ah? isit u cross legs too long thus putting your weight on ur left buttock? hehehe!

littlepony, yah i also find here nicer, the ppl here more chatty hehehee.
happy.gif
that time during wedding preps, the forum was a lifesaver. now when preggie, such forums are really a must leh!
happy.gif

Back