(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

helo puppylove, yes u will get full details of the participating merchants when u sign up.
happy.gif
oh no discount off gynae package huh? hehehe sorry i blur, must have remembered wrongly. btw, the goodie bag they give u when u sign up includes a small tin of mamil gold, some vouchers (got blisse maternity vouchers too), 3 books and a baby's mitten/bootie.

hi puppylove to ur mother or MIL, taking care ur kids for u is never a burden i guess. they love them as much as they love u. they'd want to help if possible. so why not hv a talk w them before deciding tt u're not going to burden them?

im not getting a confinement lady coz my mom will be doing it for me. and lucky for me, coz i feel uneasy having a stranger ard at home.

hi,for me, confinement will be done by my father-in-law. I also want to take the 3 months maternity leave in one go so at least i got more times for my baby after she is born. When come to returning to work, we plan to have the maid and bb send to my parent-in-law house in the morning and evening time fetch them back home.

oh yah i forgot to ans about the confinement lady. i have engaged a CL oredi, coz i doing confinement at own home. parents will be coming regularly I guess, but they are still learning about confinement dishes and tonics, so if got CL around will help them a lot. after confinement then let parents take care of baby.
happy.gif

those who getting CL, heard beta dun get from agency coz have a friend's experience quite bad, paid a lot (coz agency fees) but CL not good, made the MIL so mad.

Hi E-ling, wow, confinement done by FIL ah? he must be very pro and a good cook and a breeze with babies yar?
happy.gif
was just thinking if u have an additional lady in the house with u may be good, coz she can help with preparing the herbs for ur bath, teaching u to breastfeed, etc etc, those things that a FIL is not convenient to do? just a tot ah....

hi daisybuttons

Now adays we can buy ready packet of herbs for bath. No need to do it from scratch. It cost $1 per packet. So for the whole confirment you can use up to 20 packets. Is easy, juz put the ready packet into the tub and pour hot water in and the smell of the herb will come out liao. hehe

I don't have a lot of annual leave left, especially these days always take leave to go see gynae and sometimes to rest (coz really tired). So I thought maybe I can save some of my maternity leave and leave some to bring the baby for vaccinations and stuff...

edksd, hahaha... that's a smart one.. Well, my hubby is a gentleman, so perhaps you are right..
happy.gif
Heehee....

hi gals !!

went for my detailed scan yest at TMC ... and everything is fine with my baby GAL !!!!!!!!!!! eheh so the prediction quiz is half correct .. rem we did 2 tests right ? one guessed mine is gal and the other boy ... and the ppl around me guessed gal based on my appearance as they said I have no swollen nose and no changes in my appearance.

anyway just happy to know bb is fine ... my scan took quite some time leh .. i guess the technician was v detailed and careful ... she even ask a senior tech to chks on the captured pics to make sure she got them all right for my gynae's analysis ... if I am not around it took almost an hour ... but of cos I really dun mind as it means more time to look at the bb ehhehe

ilovebabies,
congratz on ur bb gal!
happy.gif
ya, if it means more time to look at bb, i also won't mind being there for an hour! heheh..

Hi bjiou,

I am scheduled to have my detailed scan on my 19th week. My Oscar was also done one week earlier than usual. I did mine on the 11th week. I also don't know why. The gynae arranged one.

anybody still suffering from MS?

Mine was ok from week 14 onwards, but it came back again last week (week 16)
sad.gif
now I feel nauseas and giddy everyday.... totally spoil my long weekend... even vomitted over the weekend...

sian lah... hate this MS, man!

congrats to ilovebabies & e-ling...

wahhh i hv to wait til 8th may for detailed scan...v long wait siah.....

Hi smiley,
y u waste yr leave to c gynae leh?can go after or sat anot??me tryg to save my leave as many as possible so that i can clear my annual leave or M leave...stretch up to Jan2007 then go bak work..jialuk hor...
biggrin.gif

tks emoments, pjen !

emoments, it is common for some preggies to still experience MS during 2nd trimester ... my cousin in law had MS till 5 mths !!

is it normal to have giddy spells more often now? I dun have giddy spells that often during my 1st trimester.... that time only nauseas and keep vomitting....

hmm are u taking iron supplements ? do u take red meat now ? you require iron now that we are pregnant.. I am taking this supplement daily .. maybe u shld consult ur gynae

diasybutton, yah my FIL will cook confinement dish for me and my MIL and grandmother-in-law will help in other confinement things so is not a problem. Breastfeed think will learn abit from the parentcraft ba.

ilovebabies, congrats having a bb girl.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Lovenest</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Preferred Birth method </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amylim</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Bartley Rd</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine Lau</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr. Denas Chandras </TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>St. George's</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Chng</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok </TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Early Sept</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>E-ling</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boon Tiong Rd</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charis</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>;) (ilovebabies) </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>joon</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Blastier</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>lichristin</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>05-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>elaine</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ubi</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>DaBee</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Marine Parade</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>elmo88</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>kelyen</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Pony</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Kim Tian</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emma</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>chngs wife</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>mae</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>daisybuttons</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>77(peachie)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Resha (rani) </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen </TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD><TD>Telok Blangah </TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainnie</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>pjen</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>pig2</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Melissa (veryhappy) </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Brenda Low </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>edksd</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Merah View</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>bjiou (bjiou)</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chew </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Domesticgoddess</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>End Sep</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>C-section with Epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi pjen,

The nurse always tell me appointment on Sat is full. And I don't really like to go after work because my sister says usually the gynae will be more tired in the evening and will be quite rush when seeing the expectant mothers loh. So I have no choice but to either take leave, or sometimes i request for MCs from the gynae loh.. :p

emoments, could it be that you are low in iron? Or you are too tired?

oh ya ..thanks for your info gals.

My schedule for detailed scan will be on 9 may 06, i will be 20weeks by then.

Hi emoments,
It's normal for preggy woman to have morning sickness. I have a colleague who had it until she gave birth.. (not scaring you)

I count myself lucky that i escaped MS totally .. only if i ate something that bb don't like, i will throw up. But it's only once in a while.

But i heard a old tale that says ' women who experience MS will have a smoother delivery than those who do not experience' . I hope to prove this old tale wrong.

i'm still experiencing bloatedness altho' i'm careful to avoid eating oily/deep fried food and other food tatz hard to digest (as advised by gynae during my 1st tri). The bloatedness also makes me feel nausea when i'm travelling in car/bus.

Do u think it can be a side effect fr the iron or calcium pills i'm taking daily?

Hi ilovebabies and Smiley

Yep I am taking iron supplements everyday.... gynea prescribed to me on my 13weeks or so....

That's y a bit worried when I started getting giddy spell since last Friday.... sometimes can't even stand steadily.... hmm....

Will check with my gynea this Sat... hope nothing is wrong *cross my finger*

Hi Puppylove,
I read from an article that these supplements will cause the following side effects: nausea, vomiting, constipation, dark colored stool, and stomach distress. It is suggested to take iron supplements with Vitamin C-rich foods such as fruits and fruit juice to maximize absorption.

hi emoments

hmm then I dont know leh cos I also take iron supplements but I feel ok leh... although I know i am abit anaemia ...

better chk ur blood pressure during ur visit to gynae as well ... and take more red meat

Hi LittlePony

I hope I won't have to suffer till I give birth, man!

For my case, I hope the old tale is true! I have been reading about delivery, tear, stitches etc.... very scary leh.... can't imagine what my delivery will be....

Hi ilovebabies

Red meat... hmm.. maybe I take too little red meat liow... in fact, I only like to eat vegs &amp; chicken, the rest of the meat, I see liow, no appetite to eat... .hmm....

thanks littlepony!

ok, after all ur advice, this is what i've gathered... i'm going to take my calcium pill in the morning (drinking milk close to it is also ok - correct?), iron multivit pill in afternoon (avoid all milk/calcium products, but take Vit C-rich foods/fruits to aid absorption), then my fish oil after dinner... Hope this helps reduce my stomach distress n increase my iron absorption!

emoments,
i'm also told i'm low in iron altho' i've been taking iron pill since my 1st gynae visit. If u feel giddy, it can be sign of low iron - either ur body is not absorbing iron efficiently, or u need a stronger dose of iron supplement. Do check w ur gynae on this.

hi! juz a suggestion... how abt including in the list if each of us is having bb #1 or #2 or #3 etc? then we know how many of us r 1st time MTB or otherwise. Wat do u all think?

Thanks E-Ling for the updates so far!
happy.gif

puppylove, is a good idea but is a bit difficult since not much ppls will actually give me the update. I still din managed to get all update for the preferred birth method yet. Haha! Anyway will added that in.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Lovenest</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Preferred Birth method</TD><TD>Baby # </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amylim</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Bartley Rd</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine Lau</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr. Denas Chandras </TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>St. George's</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Chng</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok </TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Early Sept</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>E-ling</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boon Tiong Rd</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charis</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>;) (ilovebabies) </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural </TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>joon</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Blastier</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>lichristin</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>05-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>elaine</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ubi</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>DaBee</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Marine Parade</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>elmo88</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>kelyen</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emma</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Pony</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Kim Tian</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>chngs wife</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>mae</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>daisybuttons</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>77(peachie)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Resha (rani) </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen </TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD><TD>Telok Blangah </TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainnie</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>pjen</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>pig2</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Melissa (veryhappy) </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Brenda Low </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>edksd</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Merah View</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>bjiou (bjiou)</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chew </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Domesticgoddess</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>End Sep</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>C-section with Epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi ilovebabies, a baby girl!! that's great! they're so much more fun to shop for than little boys! ;)

hi edksd, i think we'll get my PIL to look after the baby when i go back to work. i guess we're very lucky that they're retired and it's also their 1st grandchild.

wow, e-ling, ur FIL sounds really amazing! like u, i think i won't feel comfortable with another stranger living with me, a bit funny huh?

hi puppylove, don't worry about it, before u know it, 4 may will arrive and in another blink of an eye, sept will come and our sleepless nights will start!

hi emoments, ya, i think it's best to check with ur gynae this weekend. i don't think anything's wrong coz i have heard of pple having MS way past the 1st trimester... don't worry!
happy.gif
i was looking through my pregnancy book and i saw photos of the birth and OMG, i don't know if i can do it!

hi e-ling, again, thanx for the list
happy.gif
it's baby #1 for me and after my detailed scan on fri, i'll update the sex. thanx!

hi emoments

one more thing, are u taking liver now ? you shld avoid this is as it would reduce the absorption of iron into ur body.

hi puppylove

good idea !! but gotta make the table's font smaller as more info is gathered .. hehe

i'll be going for my detailed scan on 2 may, i'll be close to 19th wk. i know its recommended to go on 20th wk but since my gynae arranged tt i guess it's alright.

hi ilovebabies, congrats on having a girl!

can i ask during the detailed scan at tmc, is husband allowed to be by ur side? the technician just scan for u but do they explain anything to u?

did they oso measure the bb's neck to check on down syndrome?

Back