(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

bjiou,
guess u went there after 3pm? The Amara outlet is open fr 12-3pm on Sun. 11am to 6pm on Sat. Weekdays, not sure when they open, but they close at 8pm. If itz public hol, better call b4hand 'cos they may be closed, eg. Good Fri last friday. I know 'cos i wanted to go collect my pants/top which they altered for free.

i usually call up the shops to find out closing time 'cos i'm never sure when i'll be there!
happy.gif

Puppylove,
I agree with you that the material of the pants at Modern Maternity is very comfortable. I like it so much. But i need to alter the length becos it seems quite short ( i am quite tall).. so collecting my pants in two days' time.

littlepony,
for me, i needed to shorten the pants! haha... i wanted to buy their off-white pants too cos the colour matches my tops very well, but didn't hv my size. They initially wanted to bring stock over fr the other outlet, but later told me both outlets r not selling that item anymore... so sad...cos they're really comfortable.

Hi Puppylove,
haaa... Oh, really? That's a pity. But well, the salesgirl say their new stock arrives every 2 weeks.. so you can give a try again! U work near Amara??

Thanx for the website, puppylove
happy.gif

I'm so envious that so many mummies can feel their babies! What does it feel like? Last week, I thought I felt some "poking-poking" feeling from inside. But it didn't happen everyday so I think I must have imagined it because I keep thinking and dreaming about it!

Do you mummies feel a "poking-poking" feeling? Or is it really like the books say - a "fluttering"? Coz I sure don't feel that! I'm 20 weeks now, so I guess I have 2 more weeks to feel something... but very eager la :p Can you feel the baby's movements if you put your hand on your belly? Or is it only from the inside?

hi Joon,
Morning to you. Well, i have the poking poking feeling. In the beginning, I don't feel it everyday and yes, i tot i was imagining it. But now, it happens everyday at certain timings so i am certain it's bb's movements.
If I put my hand on my belly, the movement stop but when i don't put my hand on my belly, the movement starts again. I think my bb don't like me to know what he is doing.

YAY! It's the "poking-poking" feeling! Thanks little pony! I'm so excited! This is great! I think I will start monitoring these little movements to see if there's a pattern! What a great way to start the morning! Thanks!

helo puppylove, edksd, ilovebabies, thanks for your concern. actually the pain came once in a while, lasting for a few secs each time. so i just worried loh. nope its not round ligament pain coz its not at the position of the muscles/ligaments there. anyway, yesterday can't stand worrying so went to do a quick scan, baby's okie, so i am very relieved. doc say sometimes u just get funny pains during pregnancy that may be no cause for concern.....

linchristin, congrats on having a princess!
happy.gif

oh wow, heard so many good comments about modern maternity, heard abt that shop but dun work near there din go down yet. looks like must make a trip down at least yar?

puppylove, the thyme at united sq is quite big. as for whether their range is good....well, depends on what kinda clothings u like. that time i was there, only looking for bottoms, din really fancy their tops. they have a big range of jeans, and nice capris too. i bought my first maternity skirt from there, flowery pink one, one of my fav skirts.
happy.gif

joon, dun need to be envious, you will feel it soon.
happy.gif
actually when i feel mine i also can't be sure initially that its baby. mine is not poking poking feeling, but more of a goldfish swimming feeling. and i can't feel it when i put my hands on tummy leh, unlike some of them here. but one thing is, like someone said, if feel no movements for some time, gets u worried until you feel the movement again...

thanx daisybuttons
happy.gif
that really helps... coz ALL the books said "fluttering butterflies" and i'm like "hah??? no leh!" it's good to hear different descriptions from different people
happy.gif

Hi Joon,
Books have different description of bb's movement ... goldfish swimming, fluttering butterflies, and popcorn popping! .... haa. why can't they use 'baby moving'!? Easier for us to understand.
See if you can detect any patterns...

Joon, yah mine is also like poking poking feeling, but to be clear should be more of a goldfish swimming feeling or fluttering butterflies ba. Haha~ u will feel that more frequent when coming to fifth month. So dun worry!

Lichristin, yah yesterday went for my detailed scan and i am having a baby girl. I am so happy that everything is fine but gynae said my girl legs is slightly shorter but is still within the range so not a problem maybe me and my husband not those tall people. Yah and she weighted 346g if i remember correctly. haha. So how is your result?

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Lovenest</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Preferred Birth method </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amylim</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Bartley Rd</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine Lau</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr. Denas Chandras </TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>St. George's</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Chng</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok </TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Early Sept</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>E-ling</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boon Tiong Rd</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charis</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>;) (ilovebabies) </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD></TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>joon</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Blastier</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lichristin</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>05-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>elaine</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ubi</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>DaBee</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Marine Parade</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>elmo88</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kelyen</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Pony</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Kim Tian</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emma</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chngs wife</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mae</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>daisybuttons</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>77(peachie)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Resha (rani) </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen </TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD><TD>Telok Blangah </TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainnie</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pjen</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pig2</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Melissa (veryhappy) </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Brenda Low </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>edksd</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Merah View</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bjiou (bjiou)</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chew </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD></TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Domesticgoddess</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>End Sep</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD></TD><TD>C-section with Epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

emoments, kindly update me ur other details. Thanks!

Hi E-ling

Congrats! Glad to hear that baby is healthy. I think that is really the most important news for the scan.
happy.gif

I will still nees to worried for till 9 May.
sad.gif

Hi E-Ling,

Glad to hear yr baby is fine. Now can start shopping for baby stuff liao...

Hee, my baby is fine too. No problem at all and she weigh 315g. But till now me still have not feel any movement yet. Doc told me to start monitoring and I should be able to feel the movement soon. Also I will be having natural brith w/o epidural too.

helo joon, hehehe think everyone feels it differently i suppose.
happy.gif

e-ling, congrats! dun worry since the measurement is within range.

oh, yah and pls update me, i am aiming for natural birth without epidural. Thanks!

littlepony,
the salesgirl Jasmine says they're not carrying tat stock anymore. No i dun work near Amara, tatz why it took me 3 wks b4 i returned to collect my altered pants/top cos lazy/tired to go down!
happy.gif

i also hv the 'poking' feeling u gals describe! sometimes itz juz one quick poke then nothing. Maybe bb trying to play w me! haha...

i called my clinic juz now to enquire abt the blood test i took during my last visit. I'm told itz all normal, except my haemoglobin is on the low side. So they may do a finger-prick blood test to test my level of iron absorption and if necessary change my iron vitamin to a stronger kind. Anyone had similar encounter?

bijiou, Thanks. 9 May very fast will come. Is very normal that you will worry before the detail scan, i were so nervous also.
lichristin, Congrats in having bb girl also and cleared ur detailed scan. did you sign up the parentcraft course? I signed the lesson on Sunday,3.30pm class start on 30 Apr 06. It costed $189.00. Anyone already signed up?
diasybuttons, thanks. Haha yah is still within the range so not that worry but wandering is there anything thing or food i can eat to make my girl legs grow longer. haha~

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Lovenest</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Preferred Birth method </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amylim</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Bartley Rd</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasmine Lau</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr. Denas Chandras </TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>St. George's</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Chng</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok </TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Early Sept</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>E-ling</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boon Tiong Rd</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charis</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>;) (ilovebabies) </TD><TD>30</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD></TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>joon</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Blastier</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lichristin</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>05-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>elaine</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ubi</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>DaBee</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Marine Parade</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>elmo88</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kelyen</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Pony</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Kim Tian</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emma</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chngs wife</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mae</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>daisybuttons</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>77(peachie)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chong </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Resha (rani) </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen </TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD><TD>Telok Blangah </TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainnie</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pjen</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pig2</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Melissa (veryhappy) </TD><TD>29</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Brenda Low </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural brith w/o epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>edksd</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Merah View</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bjiou (bjiou)</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chew </TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD></TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Domesticgoddess</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>End Sep</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD></TD><TD>C-section with Epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi E-Ling,
I've signed up w ParentCraft starting 9 June (Fridays). Haven't paid yet though. The lady i spoke to suggested i sign up for TMC's 'First Born Incentive' to enjoy a discount at ParentCraft. Not too sure what this incentive is abt, but i think itz some membership subscription where u've to pay $100+ or $200+ to enjoy benefits/discounts at TMC. Like not worth it leh... cos i doubt i'll b spending tat much at TMC to justify the subscription cost.

Hi little pony... Yeah! Popcorn popping! That sounds like it
happy.gif
Whoopee

E-ling, thanks for the list. I'm hoping for natural w/o epidural too, hoping won't break down at the last minute. Congrats on ur baby girl!

Christinli, congrats on ur baby girl too
happy.gif
I was very worried about not feeling anything too. Like what the others say, it could be "fluttering butterflies", "swimming goldfish", "popping popcorn" or like me, a "pokey-pokey" feeling. (like air bubbles!)

Daisybuttons, u're right... we ALL describe it differently! I'm aiming for natural w/o epi too.

Puppylove, me too! Sometimes, 1 poke and then... quiet... hee hee... my blood test also showed low iron... I'm on iron pills now, but don't know how strong it is. I heard we shouldn't take it with calcium pills though - something about calcium hindering the absorbtion of iron. So I split up my calcium and iron pills. Anyone else heard of this? Is it true?

Hi E-Ling,
I am still considering to sign up for the weekday or weekend class. Hmm, will be taking the (24april-30may) class.

Joon, thks. Have u went for yr scan yet? Me also on iron pills now. I took my iron pills in the morning and calcium pills at nite as advised by my doc, but I am not sure if calcium would be hindering the absorbtion of iron.

hi joon,
i heard tat if u take iron pills then dont take with milk/calcium pills. didnt ur gynae or his/her nurse told u when they give u e supplements?

Hi lichristin,

My detailed scan is this Fri... can't wait
happy.gif
hmm... my dr didn't say anything abt splitting up the pills
sad.gif
... it was another friend who told me. That's the reason she gave me. I'll check with my dr this Fri when I see her. U are due a day after me!

Hi Elaine, my dr told me not to take any dairy products with the iron pills. That's all I was told. Calcium is a dairy product??? Alamak, but I'm so blur, my husband laughed when I told him I couldn't eat eggs because it's dairy.
sad.gif

helo puppylove and e-ling, i have signed up for parentcraft in early june, saturday classes.
happy.gif
forgot which date it starts though hahahhaaa...

puppylove, FBI is an incentive programme for first time mums in TMC. i signed up for it, for the pure reason that since i am taking single-bedded, there will be a $100 rebate over total bills if have fbi card. that already covers my $98 subs fees (coz i pay with citibank). added to that, i got 3 free books by the lactation consultant in tmc, and some other small freebies lah. for some of you, who is doing detailed scan at 4th level TMC or have a gynae that is in the list of FBI doctors, you get a discount over the detailed scan rates, and a discount over the delivery package/gynae package costs.

joon, never heard iron pills and calcium cannot take together. only heard calcium pills and prenatal supp (coz it contains calcium) cannot take with milk. if take milk, must wait for 4 hours gap before taking the pills.

hey nice to know so many ppl are aiming for natural birth without epidural.
happy.gif
hoping to have supporters hehehee.
happy.gif
jia you for us!

Hi Joon,
Remember to update us here when u done with yr detail scan. Guess u must be pretty excited. Actually my EDD date now change to 4 sept 06 after my detail scan yesterday. So it will be on the same day as u. You giving birth at TMC too?

hi! I'm currently taking Prenavit (which is an iron pill), calcium pill, and fish oil pill. My gynae only said fish oil must be taken separate fr the other two, tatz why i take it in the evenings after dinner...

har... so u gals really think the calcium pill affected the absorption of iron? if i were to split them, then i've to take iron in the morning, calcium in afternoon, fish oil at night... then when can i drink milk?? *confused*

Hi Daisybutton and puppylove,

Got to wait so long meh? 4 hours seem a bit long. I usually wait for one hour only after my milk then I start taking the Obimin pill.

My gynae didn't prescribe any calcium nor iron pills for me. In fact, i had to request for the fish oil too, otherwise she wouldn't give it to me. What's the iron pill for?

Daisybutton, i will be taking single bed too, my detailed scan is in 3 weeks time. Should I apply for the FBI too? is it really more worth it? :p If yes, I better apply quickly. heehee...

Hi lichristin, i AM very excited, so excited that it's not funny! I haven't decided between TMC and MAH. We'll probably go for the hospital tours before deciding. My gynae is based at TMC though.

Hi daisybuttons, can you tell me more about the FBI programme? How much did you pay to sign up? I vaguely remember that the earlier you sign up, the cheaper it is right?

Hi puppylove, I did some surfing and I found this! U can drink milk with your calcium pills!

1. Drink a glass of milk, juice, or water with each supplement to promote absorption.
2. Avoid taking calcium with iron pills or your prenatal supplements. Calcium can interfere with the absorption of the iron.
3. Do not take your calcium supplement with a high fiber meal. Fiber reduces the absorption of the calcium.
4. It is best to take calcium with meals or at bedtime. It is better absorbed.

I found all that (and more) at http://babyfit.com/articles.asp?id=202

Hi Smiley, initially, my gynae only gave me Folic Acid and Obimin. When I started 2nd trimester, she prescribed calcium. She gave me iron too because my iron count was on the low side. Maybe yours is ok. I read on the internet that iron is most important in the 3rd trimester. I asked my gynae about fish oils and she said it wasn't necessary. I intend to ask her again this Fri, maybe you should also ask your gynae about calcium and iron. No harm just asking.
happy.gif

Thanks joon.

I asked her before. She said if I take fish at least 3 times a week, i dun need the fish oil, but i insisted anyway. And she says if I drink 2 glasses of milk each day, i dun need the calcium pill. This one I din insist though i only drink one glass each day. Am not really keen to drink it at night coz I am worried I will become FAT.. heehee...

So far, i am already in my 2nd trimester (17 weeks) and my weight gain is still less than 1 kg. I am worried, but my gynae says it is ok. I am constantly in dilemma one lah.. On one hand I am scared that I put on too much weight, on the other hand when i am not putting on weight, i worry about baby's growth..

You can call 6358 0055 for more information on FBI. I just did but the lady was busy and said she'll call me back
happy.gif

Hi Smiley

I share the same feelings as you. Din put on much..will start to worry..if put on abit..scare will become fat. So far I put on 2KG, Im also in my 17 weeks. I think we sld aim to put on 12 KG when we are 40 weeks. So you can start dividing how much weight you want to put on each week.

joon,
thanks for the info n link! Guess i really hv to separate taking my calcium n iron pills!

daisybuttons,
is the citibank promo for FBI still on? the FBI brochure i have indicates $128 subscription for 2 years. Or if u sign up late (over 28wks), u pay $168. I thot of finding out more when i next go to TMC for my detailed scan on 4 May... do u think itz too late? cos u mention u can get disc for the detailed scan.. provided ur gynae is an FBI doctor.

Oh, don't worry, Smiley!
happy.gif
Initially, I was quite worried about my weight gain too but when I checked the baby's size and compared it to books and websites, the baby is in the normal range. That's most important I think. Look on the bright side, it just means less weight for you to lose when it's finally over! Anyway, I read we're supposed to explode only in the 2nd trimester. So far, I've put on about 4kg and I'm in week 20.

Just for everyone's info, the info on TMC's FBI programme can be found at
http://www.thomsonmedical.com/web-poster2.html

Hi hi..

I called up Thomson just now. The package is quite worth it. Like what Daisybutton said, there's a discount of $100 on the hospital bed for one-bedded.

So, if you have Citibank credit card, you only need to pay $98 for the card, so effective you don't have to pay for the card
happy.gif

Then they have discounts on Oscar, detailed scan, your baby's visit to PD next time etc...

Hi puppylove, no prob!

Thanks Smiley! Is it any Citibank card, or only a specific one? I didn't know about the discounts, otherwise I could have gotten one for my Oscar test! I will call them to find out more.

Dear All,

I've got a chart that shows recommended rate of weight gain according to your pre-preggy BMI.

During 1st trimster
- Pre-preggy BMI less than 18.5 - 1-3.5kg
- 18.5 to 22.9 - 1-3.5kg
- 23 to 27.4 - 1-3.5kg

During 2nd trimster
- Pre-preggy BMI less than 18.5 - 0.5kg/wk
- 18.5 to 22.9 - 0.45kg/wk
- 23 to 27.4 - 0.3kg/wk

Recommended Total Weight Gain
- Pre-preggy BMI less than 18.5 - 12-18kg
- 18.5 to 22.9 - 11-15kg
- 23 to 27.4 - 6-11kg

To calculate your BMI, it's weight (kg) before pregnancy / height (m) x Height (m)

Hi Joon,

It must be Citibank card
happy.gif
I missed the discount for the Oscar too... lugi.. And I also found out that I may lugi even more coz my gynae is not participating in this FBI program. Otherwise I will have additional 5% off for her fees.

hi! i juz called TMC too (the lady must b wondering why the sudden interest in FBI! hahaha...)

- Citibank card (any type) promo of $98 is on till 31 May.
- 1-bedded $100 off, 2-bedded $80 off, 4-bedded $60 off
- 10% off ParentCraft classes
- 5% off delivery fees if ur gynae is participating in FBI program (mine is
happy.gif
)
- if ur detailed scan is at TMC level 4, u enjoy 10% off
- if the PD u're engaging is part of the scheme, u get 10% off (TMC will give u a list of participating PDs when u sign up)
- if engaging TMC confinement lady, 10% off

I'll be signing up on the day I go to TMC for my detailed scan. The person said as long as i sign up b4 i do the scan, i can enjoy the 10% disc.

The person-in-charge will email me the details of privileges (not found in the brochure i picked up) once she returns to work this Thur. Will upload here for everyone's info once i get it.
happy.gif

Thanks Puppylove. That lady didn't tell me that are more details of privileges leh. But I have a fren who signed up last year and she enjoys discount when she buys stuff fom Kids Mall with that card.

Anyone here thinking of engaging a confinement lady?

smiley,
think i asked the lady too many questions.. she had to read off the list! haha... they're emailing me the list cos i asked if i can find the info anywhere in website or brochure... i guess they dun hv the info uploaded anywhere.

likely i won't be engaging a confinement lady but may consider ordering confinement food. Haven't done much research on this yet though...

Me too... I haven't decide who's to look after my baby and who to help me with confinement...

I prefer to take care of my baby myself, but that means I have to give up my job, which is near to impossible coz it would be too stressful on my hubby...

Second best choice is my mum but she's busy looking after my sister's baby. So that's out.

Third best choice is my MIL, but she's temperamental, both me and my hubby prefer not to let her take care.. :p But we don't feel safe leaving the baby to maid or nanny...

Sigh..
sad.gif

littlepony,
thanks for the links!
happy.gif
there's also a thread talking abt confinement dishes:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/353640/386334.html?1145352717

smiley,
i know wat u mean! dunwan to burden mother or MIL, and also dunwan to cause unnecessary friction 'cos they'll hv their own old wives' tales or practices tat u may not agree w... furthermore i live quite far from them... plus all those horror stories abt maid/nanny abusing their charges... *sigh!*

tatz why i oso haven't thot of what to do after maternity leave is over...

helo joon and puppylove and ladies! joon, think they answ the questions u asked me liaoz.
happy.gif
if u have ANY citibank card, u get to pay only $98 instead of $128 for that 2 yrs. if u sign up after 28 weeks then more exp.

puppylove, think i didn't make myself clear. IF you are doing your oscar or detailed scan at the TMC level 4 radiology department, u will get the discount EVEN if your gynae is not in the FBI list.
happy.gif
IF your gynae is in the FBI list, u also enjoy the discount off her package and delivery fees.

Girls, here's the full detailed list of info that the FBI lady sent to me some time back.
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">FBI or SBI is a privilege card valid for 2 years. To apply for this card, you need to fill in your particulars on the application form. Kindly provide me your mailing address so I can send the FBI/SBI form to you. The incentives are as follows:-

1) If your gynaecologist send you for a fetal assessment scan/X-ray or Ultrasound scan at TMC Level 4, you will be entitled to member privileges (10% off).

2) If you are going for ante-natal courses (Parentcraft ) at TMC Level 4, you will be entitled to member privileges (10% off).

3) If you deliver your baby at TMC, &amp; occupy a single room $100.00 off on total hospital bill size, $80.00 for 2 bedded &amp; $ 60.00 for 4 bedded will be given.

4) If your gynaecologist is in our FBI/SBI program, member privilege on delivery fee will be given and paediatrics member privileges will be given on consultantion fee (inpatient &amp; outpatient)

5) Our 24-hour Family Clinic at TMC, member privilege will be given to you, your spouse and new born baby when you see our doctor.

6) If you or your spouse would like to do a yearly health screening at our Lifestyle Centre at TMC Level 5, member privilege will be given to both of you.

7) Upon signing up for FBI/SBI program, 3 books worth of $48.00 are given to you FOC (Childbirth, Breastfeeding &amp; Childcare) which is written by our Lactation Consultant Mrs Wong Boh Boi.

8) We also have quite a number of Retail Partners in the shopping area, like maternity wears, baby products, milk products, confinement food. Yoga &amp; swimming courses etc.

9) Price of card for FBI: $128.00, $168.00 if you are more than 28 weeks into your pregnancy. Price of Card for SBI : $108.00 if your 1st child was delivered in TMC, $128.00 if your 1st child was not delivered in TMC, and $168.00 if you are more than 28 weeks into your pregnancy. Now, we are having promotion with Citibank Credit Card (till end May/2006), if you or your spouse have either of the cards , the fee is $98.00 for 2 years. For NUSS member (till end May 2006) the fee is $108.00 for 2 years.

10) If you are taking the cord blood banking for your baby with M/s Cordlife, you can save $50.00 per year on the storage fee.(save up to $450.00 for 9 years)

11) For our TMC pharmacy, you get member privilege for purchasing any products except for milk products and promotion items.</font>

puppylove, dun think its late to sign up when u go detailed scan. BUT, if ur detailed scan is at 4th level, u get to enjoy discount if u have not paid. u can apply before your scan, go half an hour early, they will take 5mins to process, give u the receipt serving as a temp card. then when u go up to 4th level u can show them so u get the discount? but best to check with 4th level beforehand also.

smiley, think the iron pills if to replenish our red blood cells, but i also dun have iron pills. prob only need if our haemoglobin count is low.

thanks littlepony for the links.
happy.gif

hi littlepony, thanks for the weight gain guide. very helpful
happy.gif

hi smiley, i think my gynae's not participating too
sad.gif
what a waste huh? if only... but i was at mothercare over the weekend and u can get 10% off with the card. are u going to sign up?

hi puppylove, the TMC line was engaged, otherwise she'd be getting 1 extra call from me asking about FBI too! haha

thanx for all the info daisybuttons! i think the citibank deal is pretty good. very tempting, i don't know whether to sign up or not...

i read u ladies are talking about who's going to look after the baby. tough question eh? if i could, i'd quit my job in an instant. from my experience, that's best for the child. i've seen so many children who've grown up with maids, or in a childcare centre, or alone, who have so many problems when they go to school. it's very very sad.

Hi joon and puppylove,

I know.. If my hubby and I are filthy rich, then I don't mind becoming a tai tai and look after my baby.. Heehee...

Are you gals taking the whole 12 weeks at one go or going back to work earlier and spreading the rest of the maternity leave over a period of months? My boss asked me whether i want to take one month earlier before giving birth to rest, I doubt i will do that coz I rather spend the time with my baby...

Joon, yup, most likely I will sign up for the card. It's a free card, considering there will be $100 discount for the single bed even though my gynae is not participating.

Daisybuttons, thanks for the details
happy.gif

hi daisybuttons,
got it!
happy.gif
thanks for the detailed info! When u signed up, did they provide u a list of retailers in the scheme?

Juz want to also add on that if ur gynae is on the FBI list, u'll get 5% discount off delivery charges only. I'm told there's no discount for gynae package.

morning!

joon and smiley, no probs and u are welcome.
happy.gif
my gynae is not in the list too, hehehe but i signed up coz, like u figured, sounds like a free card, somemore i get 3 free books.

yah man, if we are filthy rich, or if hubby earning millions, then i will consider quitting and taking care of baby myself. but in this day and age, in such tough economic times, its not fair to hubby if i do that. and also, i sorta can't imagine not being in the working world at all too.

smiley, ur boss so nice ah, ask u take one mth leave early.
happy.gif
but yes i agree with u, i wld rather not do that, but use the full 3 mths to bond with baby. yep i will be taking 12 weeks all at one shot.

joon, its true isn't it? i also shudder at the tot of letting a maid take care of my baby, or put him in the childcare. my plans are to have my parents take care in the day, coz they stay near me, then i bring him back in the evening.

hi smiley, most probably i'll take the whole 12 wks in one go. coz i feel tt the bb's first 3 mths is a good time for bonding and really needs a lot of care and attention.

after maternity leave, i still hv my 18 days leave and 6 family day leave and off days so i think shld be manageable.

smiley,
i'm tempted to take 8wks maternity first cos i hv 16 days of annual leave to clear at the same time (provided i dun take any from now till delivery). One of my friends suggested I take the 3rd mth later, so i can spend time w my child at a slightly older stage.

But work-wise, also don't want to inconvenience my employer by splitting my mat.leave, so wil hv to discuss w my boss b4 deciding.

Back