(2006/08) AUGUST 2006 MTB

1. do u keep ur kids on a strict schedule?
Yes. Otherwise all hell breaks loose haha~

2. how many hours should they be sleeping now?
My son's bedtime is 9.30pm (getting later n later.. used to be 8.30pm on bed orh-orh), wakes up at 6.30am weekdays to go to school n 7am plus minus on weekends.

3. do ur kids nap still?
Yupe, approx 2hrs in school and weekends is abt 2-3hrs.

4. potty training?
Still training. He will tell me when he wanna pee but poo, NO! After poo-ed in diaper tell me say he wanna go toilet bowl poo-poo, sometimes cry n throw tantrum if I dun let him go toilet bowl. So to "appease" him, i just let him sit on it lor.

5. any new classes we can bring our kids too?
No idea. But i started to bring my son to Boogie Bug for some songs, rhymes, boogie, R&R on Sat.

6. any meet up session? anyone wan to do anything for our kids? like zoo or jacob ballas?
Can arrange lah, but see who wanna start the ball rolling :p

dear mummies,
long time no login as work is really getting hectic of late! am still BF-ing and the ss has dropped since DS turned 6mths. need to use the EMB in some days.

i'll be starting Sherv in school in late June, and she seems to like the idea of going to school and having new frenz, tat i'm so thankful! but shall really see how it goes when tat day comes! coz Sherv sometimes only say it for fun's sake. =P

yes, Sherv must sleep after 10pm, and Evan also the same unless he wants to turn in earlier.

at least 8hrs at nite, and abt 5hrs in the day.

3. do ur kids nap still?
yes, afternoon nap.

4. potty training?
potty training since 6mths ago, but just on FULL potty 2mths ago. only when she sleeps then she's on diapers.

i'm signing up the daily playgroup for Shervonn in late June.

6. any meet up session? anyone wan to do anything for our kids? like zoo or jacob ballas?
i'm keen to meet up if we're arranging one! =)

most of the time unless out all day, schedule will change

My son's bedtime is 9.45pm - 10.00pm, wakes up at 6.45am weekdays to go to school n 9am plus minus on weekends.

3. do ur kids nap still?
abt 1-2hrs in school and weekends is abt 2-3hrs.

4. potty training?
Still training but not always. same like Augboyz, she will tell me when she wanna pee but poo, NO! After poo-ed in diaper tell me say she wanna use potty poo-poo, sometimes cry n throw tantrum if I dun let her sit. So to "appease" her, i just let her sit on it lor.

I did not bring her to any classes anymore. currently only attend CC.

keen to meet up if there's one.

my son does have a standard routine for weekday.. for weekend, d schedule may change if we r going out.

he sleeps from 9+pm to 7+am or 8am the next day.

3. do ur kids nap still?
yes, he still nap about 2-4hrs in d aftn.

4. potty training?
Sad to say, nope. Same as crispyapple, he dun wan the potty when we tried to toilet train him. we oso tried letting him sit on toilet bowl, oso unsuccessful.

Beside the daily 2-hr playgroup which he attended since Jan tis year, he is also attending a phonics class every Sat.

Count me in for the meet up if we have one !
happy.gif

Kind of. But weekends nap time gets messed up.

I guess at least 11hrs wld be good (including naps)

3. do ur kids nap still?
yes, son nap about 2-3hrs once and daughter naps 3 times each range from 30min to 2 hrs.

4. potty training?
yes, son only wears diaper when he sleeps and go out, otherwise he's diaper free even at shcool. At home,he will go to the toilet bowl and pee himself (we just leave a short stool beside the toilet bowl for him to stand) and we'll watch him beside, but he'll tell us when he wants to poo so we can sit him on the toilet bowl.

Son currently only attends Shichida on Sun monring. Not planning to sign him up for any other cos else our weekends will be too packed.

Thanks mums for sharing, its so nice to hear how all our babies have grown up so much.

I intend to bring Ryan out on Thurs morning. Planning either Jacob Ballas/ botanic gardens or the zoo... wanna get him outdoors
happy.gif
I can be there around 9.30/10 am. Anyone keen?

Those whom have my mobile can oso sms me.

hi,
here's my response.

on weekdays. not on weekends though as we might be out.

he usually sleeps around 10+ to around 7am. then take naps of around 2-3 hrs. guess a total of 10 - 11 hrs a day.

3. do ur kids nap still?
yes, around 2 - 3 hrs.

4. potty training?
managed to train him over the weekends. doesn't wear diapers when he's awake on weekends as i am now more familiar wiht his mannerisms. able to know when he wants to pee and i'm able to bring him to the potty on time. not potty trained for pooing yet. he can sit on it but nothing comes out.

maybe music or art classes but no intention to sign him up yet. perhaps when he's older, will sign him up for art classes cos he's interested in drawing.

my response

no...i m not a mummy who keeps a schedule.

edward wakes up abt 8am, sleeps abt 10-11pm. takes a 2-3hrs nap everyday.

3. do ur kids nap still?
refer to Q2

4. potty training?
fully trained since 2yrs old

music, phonics, right brain, art, gym? edward's not in school now so i'm starting him on a lapbooking class, music n phonics class

i dun mind but gotta look at my schedule. wkends very packed too

Sort of bah. sometime need to be flexible.

Ehh recently Nat was bit haywire as we been going out evening settle house stuffs. So usually she sleep about 9-10pm and wake up about 730am. She STILL wake up at night at times just to ask milk! Crazy!

3. do ur kids nap still?
Usually 2hours

4. potty training?
Yes. Sometime go shopping also didnt wear liao. Depends on duration.

Hmm no idea. But can consider phonics after 3 yr old.

THURS? Too bad cant. Have other programs instead. Prefer early notify so can arrange more easily
happy.gif
Looking forward!

Cynthia,

Justin also started to ask for milk when he wakes up in the middle of the night. This started after I had Julia. Maybe he's influenced by his little sister. Everytime he wakes up, he'll say "I want to drink milk" and will nag until you give it to him, he doesn't want water either so hv to give him milk which he'll sleep soundly after that.

Lately, Julia likes to wake up in the middle of the night and walk around her cot holding the railings, she loves this exercise. i'm so tired so I'll just sit there quietly watching her for abt 30min when she shd be tired then rock her back to sleep. If my MIL happens to hear Julia's noise, she'll quickly come in and carry her out to rock her back to sleep.

So now, I'm also like a zombie every day at work, have to rely heavily on kopi to keep awake. Lucky I stopped bf or else I can't drink kopi and dunno how else to stay awake.

Mummies,

I'm so happy that this morning Justin insisted not to wear diaper on the way to school and this is the 1st time he's diaper free in the car, hope he can keep this up.

Hi all,
ya sorry thurs i happen to be free, its ok we can organise another time.

thanks all mummies for sharing.

Its been very hard for me to make ryan sleep, i think its cuz i never trained him to fall asleep on his own. he seems sooo active and have so much energy.

worse still he is a tv addict. we r guilty parents too, cuz we let him.

I'm going to try my hand at potty training this long weekend.
happy.gif
wish me luck

hi butter8,
mi too! planning to toilet train my son too during the long weekend..
we are going to not let him wear diapers and ask him to tell us if he wan to pee/poo..
wish me luck too..
happy.gif

For me yes lunch at 12pm nap at 1-2pm, dinner at 6pm sleep at 9-10pm.
for my mum she is flexible.

1 to 2 hours

3. do ur kids nap still?
YEs
4. potty training?
Training but not very success weekend too short for me to train. but she knows Potty sometimes she will tell me she want to go potty
sometimes she just pee on her diaper

no

busy but if have might consider joining

Hi mummies

anyone's kids still on "dudu" pacifier?? how to get rid of the 'dudu'??... sigh my girl still so used to it but when early in the morning she goes to school, she will auto keep the 'dudu' but when time to go home, she also very auto to take out dudu & suck... haha...

Hi Doris,
My 2 kids also need dudu. But luckily, they only need them when they want to sleep. Cos' I strongly forbid anyone to give them dudu when not sleeping. Otherwise, they would eat the whole day.

I wanted to kick Aden's dudu habit first. But as he is starting CC full day this May, dun want too much change for him.

Maybe during my maternity leave, if he's still on dudu, I would try to kick this habit of his.

Racoon,
Hehehe Natalie also nag & nag till you give her the milk! Buay Tahan! Really leh, can be walking zombie. Me at home already cannot stand when 2 of them making noises and losing sleep everyday everynight.. so heng now at times my mil help me out with nicole so some weekdays I can have less waking up & do my house chores. I still don't like idea of getting a maid now lo... scare when hearing so much stories.

BB nicole is much slower... She is 10mths liao but have not really crawl nor hold to stand. V V lazy! Not sure is mil love to keep putting her at walker (me sometime also la cos nat can be handy at home too) I have been trying to train nicole liao lo but still.. hai... somemore she is still BO GEH! alot slower than jiejie leh. I wonder is it because she is born 3weeks earlier so even though now 10mths old BUT actual fact is 9mth1week nia? Sometime felt so lousy not able to balance love, not able to train nicole more... all focus always at Natalie as now she is in the stage of learning & alot of teaching...

Doris,
Charlotte still on du du as well but only sleeping she will have it. I also want to let her quit her du du but she will look for it. finding ways or maybe when she go to CC she will quit herself.

Catherine24, Crispyapple
tks for sharing... same here.. during my maternity leave, if she's still on dudu, I would also try to kick her habit.. perhaps toilet train too.. haha.. cross fingers...haha

Cynthia,

Dun worry, Julia also bo geh, Justin's first tooth sprouted at 7 mths so I got worried that Julia is still bo geh at 8 mths. She doesn't like to crawl, but she loved to pull to stand. In fact, she can stand and then let go of the baby cot railings for a few seconds balancing herself. I'm worried though cos afraid her hips may not be strong enough to support her at 8 mths for standing. But whatever, they'll somehow achieve their milestones when their body is ready, we can help but its better to leave it to them.

racoon,
Wow julia so fast can hold on something. Mine no leh. She super slow compare to Nat and I am trying not to compare. I guess parents are like this, tends to worry & compare with elder one and worries if alot slower or what had happen! Gosh...

hey there,

good luck on potty training too!!!

mine is a little delayed now, as my boy came down with fever. once sick everything go backwards... eating also fussy... wont poo on potty... sigh...
will try next week again.

my boy still not eating any meat, such as beef, pork slices etc. i have to flake salmon in his food or only add very little mince pork. the only protein i think he gets is from eggs. he loves eggs...

any tips?

Doris,
my Sherv is a true blue dudu addict!!! she will do anything to get her dudu in her hands! haha! we tried putting chilli on it to help wean her off but she rather take it than to part with her dudu... so in the end, she just cried bcoz of the spiceness.. =(

Cyn,
abt teething, i guess not only btw boys and girls, even girls can differ... but i'm quite amazed tat Evan has started teething at 4.5mths... he's having his 4th tooth sprouting now... super cranky and clingy... i'm so drained from carrying him! 9.5kg at 6mths, no wonder i need so much carbo!!!

so maybe it's a good thing tat nicole has her first tooth later.

haha...leobbsmom, so funny ley when i read tt your Sherv rather suffer the spiceness than to let go dudu.. poor dear, mouth & tongue must be real hot.. haha.. i dun think using the chilli method on Elysia liao... haha.. hm.. will try to talk to her again & again.. haha..

not strict, but yes got schedule, but if got appts/parties we're flexi.
in school he sleeps 1230 to 3, night 10 to 8.

but we have days on weekends no nap he ok.

total of 10 - 14hrs

3. do ur kids nap still?
Yes we would like him to.

4. potty training?
Yep quite some time now, i have XL drypers to give away if anyone wants.

dunno, not v class crazy. since i work n he got childcare, weekends we just have fun together.

can consider ... though pregnant n busy lah

hi mummies,
anyone thinking of signing up ur child at pcf nursery? my boy's childcare has a change of management and i don't really like the change even though they have introduced montessori enrichment class recently. might considering pcf but dunno whether it's good or not. any feedback?

Hi erin00
oh.. i will be enrolling Elysia to pcf nursery -4 hrly. had went to see the amk pcf school, just newly renovated & the teachers there are quite good too...so will be putting her there even though she areadi used to childcare liao... 4 hrly will be good for her while my new maid can look aft the baby..

hi erin,

I just went to a pcf's open house and has already registered for rae to be enrolled next year. They used a so-called 'Excel' programme to define their curriculum which seems more structured and organized. For Nursey, 4 semesters will be based on 4 different themes, first semester is based on 'Myself' then 2nd semester is based on 'I see, I hear...'

The content is also planned out based on 10 weeks structure so is seems quite macro. There are 3 slots in this pcf, 8-11am, 11am-2pm then 2-5pm.

Plus, the curriculum also includes daily 45minutes on Mandarin activities. And, the centre has different setup/corners, one for music, one for painting, one for arts & crafts. There's also snacks provided.

So, in conclusion, at $86 per month, I don't think i can complain much...
happy.gif

doris thanks...

Jay has been attending PCF liao...pre-nursery for 2 hrs n next yr will be attending 4hrs nursery. I like the outlet he is currently attending...i like the teachers n the environment lor...so thumbs up for them..not sure abt the rest of the outlets thou

hi mummies,
thanks for ur feedback. will sign him up this sat. the centre near my place offers a 3hrs programme and it costs around $145.

now, i'm having problems with the childcare. since there's a change in the supervisor, the teachers' morale has dropped and quite a no. of them are resigning. now keeping my fingers crossed that the new teachers will be just as nice and professional.

hey erin,

yeah, sure hope tat the new batch of teachers will be as good or better with the children so tat the kids will be easing into the change of teaching style.

i think $145 is quite reasonable for a 3-hr prog. but can kayden attend the K1 and K2 there as well?

i've signed up a 2-hr pre-nursery class for sherv tat will commence in late June(term 3) and it costs $560 per term. so it average out to be $200 plus each mth. one of the reasons i chose tat school is bcoz sherv will be able to finish her kindergarten in the same school and i do not hv to worry abt sourcing for school and changing of environment again.

i really hope sherv will love schooling and she'll hv no problem adapting there, i hate to see her crying and fussing and i will worry so much when i'm at work.

Hi all , long time no post , Ray have been attending play group since march . He like it , but i m headache of where to let him go next year ... Pcf good ? cos some pple comment not good and some say depend on area woh .. so stress ...

hi leobbsmom,
the childcare kayden is attending offers K1 and K2 but i'm not signing him up. am currently paying $450 per month for his half day programme after subsidy at his current cc. not likely to continue there cos of the change of management.

the $145 nursery programme is at the pcf near my place. he should be attending kindergarten at the pcf if he adjust well to nursery there.

hi whitelady,
that's what i heard too but will try out the pcf near my place 1st lor. ya lor, so stressed. hopefully everything will turn out well.

erin00 ,

ya lor , so i try not to place my boy in PCF . Have been sourcing other place , mostly $300-$400 per month , i am ok with the fees , but school holiday also must paid , then feel abit bo hua ! haha

HOW TO GET LEON TO SLEEP ON HIS OWN

Hi mommies of 2,

Can you please advise how to get Leon to slowly learn to sleep on his own? Our maid left (long story but other than being really tired from preg and doing housework after full time job really quite glad for now lor) and after we went for holidays together in Feb, Leon will NO LONGER sleep without us. Last time he was flexi, either way also can. Now is like he loves to sleep with us which is sweet and nice, cos he is v loving, but i want to do some early planning for the arrival of the baby in Nov.
How to slowly wean him away from us? Also he wakes at 4am or wateva time to want to pee, and wants to be walked to toilet ... how?
From your experiences, when bb comes, does #1 wake up when bb cry? cos actually once leon sleeps we turn on tv, talk loudly he don wake up ..
not sure how i will fair with newborn and 3 year old in one room.

THANKS

re: childcare

Leon has been attendind PCS (Presbyterian Community Services) in Holland V, no maid n no help now + me working full time, he is there 845 to 630 and so far, i am v happy with PCS. After subsidy only $280/mth. teachers have good heart, he learnt a lot of christian songs, chinese songs, and enjoys the community of friends, always telling me who naughty who good boy, who eat who never eat, who vomit etc, think that social part is good for him.
they r honest also, will tell me if they scold him, and so far he has been attending for 8 months only one time he had small knock at playground and teacher informed us immediately. however they r not fancy la, not montessori or wateva, however at this age, i just want him to be happy and social. teaching him extra stuff, i do after work on my own.
think CC, depends on luck.

re:childcare
keiran started fullday CC last nov & main reason why i chose that particular CC was because of low ratio....keiran has since picked up good language, manners, alphabets & numbers + writing etc..pretty happy w the school.. but recently the sch has been very popular and ratio increased..so iam considering withdrawing him for other CC esp since his fees are 1300/mth..

sigh.anyone has experience on withdrawals? as in the place the kid in a totally new environment with new teachers & friends? What's the effect on our kids?? any advise anyone?

hi babyboy,
i've not tried withdrawing him out but will be doing so at the end of this yr. A bit worried cos he has a few good friends already. sometimes, he will also come back and tell me "Arron did this" or "Andy fall down". The teacher also told me that he enjoys playing with a few of them. dunno whether he will start the crying all over again cos he will have to adjust to a new environment, teacher and friends.

hi pupsandcups,
kayden's the naughty boy in class. haha... heard from the teacher that he will often go to the play corner and when the teacher asks "who's not in class?", he'll put the things back and stroll back as if he was in class all along. lucky thing is that the teacher said that although he's always doing some other things, he's paying attention to what she said cos when she asks him questions, he'll be able to reply. just hope he'll learn to be more disciplined when he's older.

Back