(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Dsii ya hor whose Arm is that? when next swim i wan join leh...hahaha! then can c skinny arm! i lose 3kg in 2wk, now can wear back my old cloth liao...so sad!
 


zita
wahlau....u sure bo???? haha..the swim abt 20mins only...cos water cold cold..but we stay there from 2 plus till 6 plsu...wahahaha....
 
Kloe, I can't make it 2mr... coz my boy still not fully recovered...

Can PM me your bank account number to transfer the money to you?
 
dear mummies, i'm really in a dilemma. I shared that I got a new job. Slightly higher pay but much much more demanding than my current job. My current job I could go home by 6pm (latest). I anticipate the new job earliest I can leave is 8pm or later based from my previous experience working in the same industry. However, I have tendered from my current job.. Then I got another offer but it's a scholarship and after studying for one year, I will be bonded. Work hours is fixed but got to work on shift. Pay lower than current.
I got only 2 choice, since I tendered resignation on my current job, the more challenging job or the scholarship offer. I'm in dilemman cos' I really want to spend time with baby but yet continue to work and learn new things. Haiz... what should I do!!!
 
wahh... i also want to bring Matthew to swim.. looks like he gotta wait another month or so liao. I hv to make him pump more muscles. He has lost weight the last few days. VERY HEART PAIN!
 
pooh..hehe...really ah? hahaa...thks lena....

lucida..aiyo..like that defeat ur purpose of spending more time wif yujie liao mah...hmmm....but u oso tendered liao...thinkwill hv to choose either one liao...but to me both oso like very stress leh..
 
OC!
Good take! I thought missed the photo op le...next time show him how cheeky he was. hehehe....am uploading those i took to the yahoo group now....will take some time...snapped a lot today.

Ethel,
Thanks so much for hosting us! Sorry I had to leave early. Hope we didn't overwhelm you...hehe. Finally found another baby with the same bday as Keagan! =P

JP,
Aiya....miss your tiramisu again....=(
 
Hi Dsii, ya lor.. my hubby say i more suited for the scholarship one. At least got master after one year. but the pay after that not very good.. haiz.. i'll sleep over it..
 
Lucida,

actually if u wanna spend more time with yujie, then both jobs not the ideal one what... both seems to be taking alot of your time. Esp the scholarship one cus u gotta study leh then later work shift... Aiyo... if i m in this situation i sure in a dilemma one... both so hard to choose. but for career wise, i would take the scholarship one cus upgrading mah... then later pay sure more one lor. hehe
happy.gif
 
Lucida,
I also agree wif ylc, cos looking at long term, option 2 seems better. But both definitely will take up more of ur time lor.

Ethel,
Thx for opening ur hse for us today. Sorry to mess up ur plc. Ur maid must b cursing & swearing after we left. Hahaha...

JP,
Thx for ur tiramisu & recipe for the porridge. So shocked when Kaylyn took 3 servings of rice bowl of ur porridge at 1 go! Normally she only took half a bowl for 1 whole day.
I quickly went to buy the ingredients at the supermarket just now & now waiting for the stock to be done.
Dsii says no wonder Kaylyn doesn't like my porridge cos I so kiam wif my ingredients...hahaha...
 
Lucida,
It's tough. Difficult to weigh it all up. Is the money worth less time with bb? For sake of providing bb (and family) 'better' life materially? Or is your spending time with bb giving family a better life? Have gone thru similar dilemma.

My thoughts..... If it's time with bb that's a priority, more pay won't make you happy, and being miserable will affect your job performance or longetivity at the job. Looks like the option of more pay but wkg till 8pm can be thrown out the window. The scholarship looks alright (apart from studies being time-consuming)cos shift hours don't mean more hours and if certain shifts mean you can't spend as much time with bb, it could mean more rest (as opposed to another job with fixed but longer hours), leading to better quality time with bb when he's awake. Is it possible for you to look for yet another job? Perhaps a few weeks of no-income (if the other position isn't available to start immediately) is worth the sacrifice if it means being given the opportunity to find a more suitable job that makes you happy?
 
Pooh
Thought there are rides that can have parents accompany the child? Those rides I read don't have height restrictions. Dunno leh. They say 'for all the family'. Rides like mini train, monorail, carousel.....
 
Pooh, yeah lor.. that's what Matthew got as well. SIGH. Very sim tia. Now the rashes are gone but he has sensitive nose & throat. Gotta put nose drops for the nx 5 days. Juz now went to the GP to get the drop and also kahpoh 2 cans of Nan2 ha. Hiak Hiak HIak....

I think I must sometimes show face there and tok tok to the clinic assistance.. see can kahpoh somemore anot next time :p
 
Zoe
Those kiddy rides in Genting can have parents to accompany, like the train, the boat, ferris wheels, monorail etc.
If can, avoid wkends and holiday. else u have to queue for abt 15-30min for a ride.
Kids below 100cm (i think) is free.
Book online is cheaper.
 
Lucida,
I guess you already know what you really want deep in your heart...just taking the courage to make the decision?

Juzmusic? Perhaps can organise a trial?
 
Lucida...how long was the bond? and if u break how much u need to pay and could you afford? can you cope study,working & taking care of yr boy at same time?

My previous job also veri relax go home on time, but nothing much to learnt so i move on!

my current job was veri stressful plus demanding boss & doc ..tonz of paper work pile up high, u c our desk will faintz, everyday I had to work till 8 to 9pm...even had to go back on sat till 5pm to clear my work! I lose 4kg when i started on this job! n recently diagnose with thyroid.

If i had a choice now, i will choose a job that can go home on time, I wan to be wif my gal at this growing stage. maybe till she 4...hahaha
 
Lucida, We are in a different stage of life where family and our babies plays a very impt role in our life. Not like who we are before our babies arrived where we can work very hard n job satisfaction is everything. As woman, our life is really tough, has to juggle so many roles at the same time. So look deeply into ur heart, n just do whatever u feel right n most impt
happy.gif
Nothing is too wrong or too right , what's impt is u must be happy with urself n life.
happy.gif
 
lucida
i agree wif zoe.

ultimately u r the one who has to live wif the decision u make so think through it - whether turning down both offers and looking for alternative, or choosing one of the offers - u already know wat u r looking for, right. the scholarship offer looks attractive but i guess there are always pros and cons, we can't have it all our way.

i was in a similar position before - a job offer when i found out i was preggie. same industry but better pay, probably dun hv to OT as much as my current job. in the end, i turned it down and stuck wif my current company. never looked back or regretted my decision.

hope ur dilemma will soon be over
happy.gif
i know how agonising it can be
 
hi mummies,

i think Caitz two upper teeth are erupting!!! hehe i saw the white white thing yest, then today felt a little sharp edge. Wanted to feel more but then she close her mouth shut n dun let me touch!!!
 
bbnmum
Thanks for the info! Yes, was going to purchase tics online and didn't know whether I had to get one for bb. And yes, definitely not going during peak times. I don't like crowds at all.
 
ylc,
So Caitz now has 4 teeth? Mayb tat's y she's refusing solids now?

Fed Kaylyn porridge based on JP's recipe today. Wah! She managed to finish 1 big bowl of porridge for lunch! Yipee! Hope I can fatten her up now, then she dun have to be underweight...haa...haa...

A million thanks to JP!!!
 
YB...JP recipe sound so yummy, but is lots of work, I so lazy!...

JP V so envy G leh, mummy spend so much effort to cook nice food for Garrick! Me super lazy mummy...hahaha
 
JP's secret recipe for porridge:

Ingredient for the stock
1 whole chicken <font color="0000ff">OR</font> 4 chicken drumsticks <font color="0000ff">OR</font> 8 chicken wings
3 whole carrots
2 whole sweet corns

Instructions
Add water & ingredients & boil for about 40mins.

<font color="ff0000">when cooking porridge, add the stock, rice & other veg or fish tat u like ur bb to take for the day. Slow cook for abt 2hrs.The stock can last about 5days. BUT if ur bb is a big eater, then will last shorter days.</font>

Afternote, I didn't add too much ingredients cos I wanna cook the stock for 2-days period. Think it'll b fresher. I only add in half the qty tat JP suggested. So I had boiled for 2hrs over gas.
 
Zita,
Venice is not a fussy eater, so it's okay. But Kaylyn is a very fussy & picky eater. I"ve been introducing solids to Kaylyn since 6mths but her intake is always so pathetic.Always half a small bowl per meal. Sometimes rejects only after 2 mouthfuls.

Until I let her tried JP's porridge yesterday. Then really amazed tat she can finished 3 helpings of the porridge. Guess cos the porridge is very sweet & tasty. Haa..haa..tis mummy must have torture her wif my very plain porridge (cos I nvr tried my cooking..hee...hee...)
 
YB,

maybe thats y she refused to eat her porridge... she used to eat so much of it!!! today my porridge sweet... i cook with JP's recipe but changed to pork cus caitz prefer pork taste... i find it smelly hahaha
happy.gif
i prefer chicken

When i was cleaning her teeth, i saw the two top teeth protruding out hehe so cute n so huge! i brush her teeth then she let me see her teeth, if not she refused to open her mouth to show me! so cheeky!
 
ylc,
Haa..haa..yah, her gums might be sore tat's y refused to open her mouth.
I also use pork cos only got pork in my fridge last night...gotta go supermart soon to stock up liao. My gal is eating so much better than me. Me only eat bread & instant noodles to survive. .
 
Peach & Jul,
sorry for late replies as was on half day leave yest. Im gng for the sat class as sundays i need to go for church service. I have signed up for the class and since today is the 3rd lesson so i will only be paying $200- $35 (trial fees) - $25 (for the 1st class since class already started). So total of $140. Also we need to purchase Kindermusik material of $60.25. Forgot to ask the teacher name for my class. I will check out the teacher name later and let u girls know k...
Gng to prepare for my class later liao...tell u all later
 
Lucida,
I would take option 2. My current job also allows me to leave no later than 6.15pm, but want to move on to learn new things. I got an offer which gave me a very good pay but def long hours. I wouldn't want to sacrifice the time with my girl, thus turned down the offer. Am waiting for other offers
happy.gif
All jobs when 1st started will require our time and commitment but after the initial 6 months, I would expect to at least go home earlier liao ... if have to continously work long hours for long, we will miss our babies badly and not happy in new job as well. I will not take option 2 at all.
 
Lucida,
Zoe is right too, if you can afford for a few months of no pay, look for other jobs. There are def other jobs that give better pay and not too long hours.
 
fruitee, dunno if i join anot. hahah. see whether the teacher good anot first. ;)


lucida, in the end it's what u feel is the priority lor. i remember my mum told me b4, last time b4 they had kids, my dad was working 2 jobs. but he decided to drop 1 job cos he wanted to spend as much time as possible with us when we r young. cos he felt when we r older, wun want to spend time with him already. he wanna enjoy our childhood with us. haha...

but if having the better job makes u happier, n u're a happier mummy even tho u dun spend soooo much time with ur kids as compared to having a job that u feel unsatisfied at n makes u a miserable mummy despite having lots n lots of time with ur kids.. think a happier mummy would be better! =D
 
Ethel - Thanks for having us at your place and fetching me to CP! Apologies for making a mess...he!he! You have a wonderful apt!
happy.gif


YB - I am glad to hear that Kay loves the stock and porridge! Now you don't have to worry anymore.

zita27 - No lah...G actually eats less than Kay (YB's daughter)...only 1/2 bowl per meal...he!he!

PTTs & RTTs - I am glad to hear that you enjoyed my humble tiramisu! Jul04, the next round of tiramisu will be by dsii.
happy.gif
 

Peach,
Just came back from class. Found out that the class teacher name is Callyn...(dunno if i remb the spelling correctly).The sunday class is ahead of the sat class. They are at wk5 now and sat class is wk 3 today. Hubby took over the class today and he is the only daddy in the class cos i want him to experience the class. His comments are that the teacher is gd and able to connect to ashley dunno is it becos the class is small also. Currently plus ashley there are 3 of us only.
The fees are $200 per term but will prorate accordingly if you join now. Have to pay deposit of $50 and registration fee of $20 plus KM materials of $60.90.

Hope the above info help. Sunday class teacher is Rosemary.
 

Back
Top